Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Coming Out

Jess struggles not to show favoritism to Ryan, now that they are officially a couple, which leads to a disastrous class field trip. Meanwhile, Schmidt gets an ulcer and Winston becomes obsessed with wearing a crystal.

I'm totally meh about New Girl this season.  I still watch it because I used to really like it, but now it's just okay...and I watch out of obligation.  

I don't think I laughed one time while watching last night.  It missed any of that ebb and flow between the roomies that it used to have.  

• Love 1

Not the best ep, but there were still some things I liked.

I loved the line dance at the end, esp when it was just Coach dancing.

I'm going to miss Gina. Michaela Watkins adds so much to everything she's in.

Oh, and I loved when Nick and his girlfriend swaddled Schmidt, and it worked. Then of course Nick asking her to do him next.

Ryan (who I just realized is Wren from PLL) belongs in an actual rom-com.  Or maybe The Mindy Project, where rom-com tropes make some kind of sense.  But he doesn't make sense on this show.  One perfect fantasy dreamboat  in a world full of undisguised oddballs. Where do they go from here?

I didn't laugh. No at the ulcer.  Not at the Black Robot business plan (ok, almost).  Not at the predictable parade of terrible field trip ideas.

OK, I did laugh at the phone call to mom.  Although that guy and the homeless guy Outside Dave are too similar..... or is that point?

Kai is so beautiful I want her to stay with Nick forever. I didn't think I'd want Nick with anyone besides Jess, but I love Kai. She kind of looks like Olivia Munn, aka Nick's stripper girlfriend from season two. That may be all I got out of this episode; Kai is beautiful. 

Kai is so beautiful I want her to stay with Nick forever. I didn't think I'd want Nick with anyone besides Jess, but I love Kai. She kind of looks like Olivia Munn, aka Nick's stripper girlfriend from season two. That may be all I got out of this episode; Kai is beautiful. 

I like her too. And I really like Ryan. Usually when I ship something like I did with Nick and Jess (I shipped them HARD. I was the ship captain) I have such disgust for new relationships but I'm not feeling it here.

• Love 1

I was bored by the ep, but the end tag had me guffawing out loud.

I did like the convo between Nick and Schmidt over the Commodore 64 in the bathroom. Didn't we learn in the pilot that Nick had almost finished law school? That's hard to recognize now. (I could be making this up.)

Edited by betsyboo

It was the red track suit.  Cracked me up too.

Didn't Nick call it his "word processor?"  That's a description you don't hear anymore.....

I was going to say that computer is a Mac Plus! But seeing the screengrab, you can't tell which model it is because the paper is stuck over the label. It was my first computer, my parents refused to buy a Commodore 128 because the computer was for school and not for games. SIGH.

Does anyone recognize the younger female teachers? I feel like I've seen them in other things and I can't find a cast list anywhere. It's driving me a little batty. 

Sorry you guys! I am bad at the internet. 

Edited by evilmindatwork

Does anyone recognize the younger female teachers? I feel like I've seen them in other things and I can't find a cast list anywhere. It's driving me a little batty. 

I recognized one of them from Laura Dern's awesome but short lived HBO series Enlightened. She played the pregnant frenemy.

Which ones? The one Coach is interested in is Erinn Hayes. 

The other one is Sarah Burns maybe? If so, I definitely should have recognized her from I Love You, Man. I've watched that about 300 times now.

No it was definitely an early model Mac. Here's a screen grab, and here's a picture of the Macintosh 128k.

Which begs the question of how Nick would have afforded such a thing back in the day, as they were pretty pricey when they came out. Maybe it's an old one he bought recently.

Which begs the question of how Nick would have afforded such a thing back in the day, as they were pretty pricey when they came out. Maybe it's an old one he bought recently.

I bought one in, like, 1992. To be a word processor for college.  Back then it was what one did.

So, there you go.