Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, PinkChicken said:

Based on the focus of the season so far they cant really expect most of us to be super surprised if&when Jack 'goes bad' or loses his soul. The tension is in when, and what the consequences will be (and that in existing canon so far, there would be no solution). So I don't think we are supposed to start twisting canon to try and explain how he could possibly be okay just yet, but rather worrying about how he isn't. I do think Jack will be shown to have more Lucifer type effects from the stolen grace, unlike Castiel, so even that isn't much of an issue. Maybe he is back because he just used up all his soul and therefore isn't a weird human/angel 'balance' anymore, but effectively just an angel with stolen grace in Jack's body, and they will just take a while to show that hes feeling soul effects because they want a few MOTW in before the shoe drops. It would be weird if he doesn't want to resurrect the AU hunters now that he can, so if this was their excuse to get rid of most of them, Jack caring less now & quoting Castiel from like 5 minutes before would be an ok reason to be able to keep them dead.

Interesting spec — could also be why absorbing Archangel grace didn’t cause him to go into convulsions.  And also why oubororos couldn’t see him — he’s more angel than human — the balance has shifted (as you are suggesting).  

• Useful 1

Since Kim and Briana are talking about it, I'm going with one of the Waywards. Didn't Kaiah have a hate-boner for Claire? And weren't we told they'd be back this season? So maybe Jack gets involved in opening the rift to send KaiahSue back (since Dean promised, and she is the only AU being left now besides Not!Bobby and maybe a few stray Scoobys?). Somehow the Waywards get involved, and one of them bites it. My guess in order of likelihood, presuming it's someone 'we' might care about:

Claire

Alex

Donna

Jody

I didn't include Missouri's granddaughter because a) would we care? and b) I can't remember her name.

6 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Well this sounds ominous!  Was that Jensen or Dean?

Dean.

• Love 1

If it is one of the Waywards, I'm going with Claire since Kathyrn Newton has so many other projects happening. It would be emotional for Cas and Dean. I can't see them killing off Jody or Donna. Alex is kind of a non entity here. KaiaSue has had more story than Alex.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Since Kim and Briana are talking about it, I'm going with one of the Waywards. Didn't Kaiah have a hate-boner for Claire? And weren't we told they'd be back this season? So maybe Jack gets involved in opening the rift to send KaiahSue back (since Dean promised, and she is the only AU being left now besides Not!Bobby and maybe a few stray Scoobys?). Somehow the Waywards get involved, and one of them bites it. My guess in order of likelihood, presuming it's someone 'we' might care about:

Claire

Alex

Donna

Jody

I didn't include Missouri's granddaughter because a) would we care? and b) I can't remember her name.

Dean.

Misery's granddaughter was Patience. Don't know why I recall that, because she's was boring as hell.  I do feel like if Kim and Briana are talking about it, it should have something to do with their characters - maybe one of them, or one of the Waywards that would mean more to them than probably anyone else.

Could be Mary since they seriously don't know what to do with her due to whatever weird deal Dabb and Sam Smith concocted when she returned, making it so Mary can't be a mom or care about the brothers or even interact with them much at all. So they could easily kill her off again since she's really useless as a character. It would be redundant as hell, but I honestly don't think a good portion of fandom would miss her. But certainly some would.

The problem with talking up deaths and loss is that everyone also knows they don't usually stick anyway.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Useful 1

My guess for the death that really hurts--Jack or Mary.  Both those would make the scene with Dean sitting alone crying.  Misha also mentioned a physically tough scene with J2M where they're dealing with Lumber--like to build a hunter's funeral.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jakes said:

My guess for the death that really hurts--Jack or Mary.  Both those would make the scene with Dean sitting alone crying.  Misha also mentioned a physically tough scene with J2M where they're dealing with Lumber--like to build a hunter's funeral.

My first instinct would be to think it won’t be Jack because they already “killed him” once this season. However, upon retrospect, I’m not sure that matters because in 12x12 they very nearly killed Cas and he got a big goodbye death scene pretty much...then they really did kill him in the finale (even though it didn’t stick). 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Jakes said:

Well all the Waywards have achieved Hunter status* so they would get a hunter's funeral, I'm sure. It would take place somewhere secluded/private, so the woods work, and I could see Dean staying behind for a private cry while remaining stoic during the burning.

*not by my standards, but within the show at least

ETA: I suppose that would rule out Patience though (thanks for the name @PAForrest lol) since I imagine her father might object to that. The rest of them conveniently have no other family to worry about.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Well all the Waywards have achieved Hunter status* so they would get a hunter's funeral, I'm sure. It would take place somewhere secluded/private, so the woods work, and I could see Dean staying behind for a private cry while remaining stoic during the burning.

*not by my standards, but within the show at least

ETA: I suppose that would rule out Patience though (thanks for the name @PAForrest lol) since I imagine her father might object to that. The rest of them conveniently have no other family to worry about.

Well I would think if it were Claire, that would be big for Cas too (although I'm annoyed that he hasn't been involved in her storyline at all since season 10);  and do we even know if Cas is in that ep? So even though she's the most likely for professional reasons (other work), I'm not sure she makes the most sense to kill-off in story...especially since she was the one most affected by "KaiaSue's death."

Also, I just watched the sneak peek. I liked it; it answered the question about Jack's soul...that it's "mostly gone." Of course we don't know what that means yet. It also explains why Sam and Cas go off on this case...but aren't they supposed to be in a psychic's mind or something?

• Love 1
(edited)

Production coordinator Emma Peterson often posts songs that they play during today’s filming  

’One’ — as in ‘One is the loneliest number that you ever heard..’

Plus ‘Ramble On’ - one of Dean’s two favorite songs.  

Makes me suspect Dean IS alone.  Damn. Ominous 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, SueB said:

Also, the aforementioned clip:

https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/02/supernatural-episode-1415-peace-of-mind.html

So:

- Sam’s dealing with hunter deaths by following every lead immediately and working at a reckless pace. 

- TFW 1.0 suspects Jacks soul is severely diminished and Cas leaves him with Dean to figure out how bad it is.  Makes sense.  

Sam has experience with the soulless thing but if he is - for whatever reason - wanting to do nothing but hunt then I think it's good for Dean to try to talk to Jack. I think Dean and Jack have a bond. 

• Love 2
Just now, Bobcatkitten said:

Sam has experience with the soulless thing but if he is - for whatever reason - wanting to do nothing but hunt then I think it's good for Dean to try to talk to Jack. I think Dean and Jack have a bond. 

Cas is correct:  Jack looks up to Dean.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Oh, I just said this in the bitter spoilers thread but it's not actually bitter --

Dean promised Jack that he'd be the one to kill him if it came to that. So I think if Dean takes Jack out to the woods alone, that's pretty foreboding.

Something else must be going on, though, because they don't kill people just for not having souls. Certainly not if they meanwhile have grace. But maybe Jack wants to die while he still has at least a wisp of a soul left, so that he can go to Kelly in heaven, a la Lily Sunder.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rue721 said:

Oh, I just said this in the bitter spoilers thread but it's not actually bitter --

Dean promised Jack that he'd be the one to kill him if it came to that. So I think if Dean takes Jack out to the woods alone, that's pretty foreboding.

Something else must be going on, though, because they don't kill people just for not having souls. Certainly not if they meanwhile have grace. But maybe Jack wants to die while he still has at least a wisp of a soul left, so that he can go to Kelly in heaven, a la Lily Sunder.

Well THAT would be sad

• Love 1
(edited)

Some thoughts post watching the SPNNASH panels that may have some bearing on future episodes:
- They've ALREADY started talking S15 story with the boys and asked if there is someone they want brought back.  Jared said "Sully" -- Jensen said it got him thinking and he made a list.  I don't know if it'll go anywhere, but it's nice that they consult the boys like this.  They really act like executive producers.  
- Rich mentioned that if J2 didn't want him to direct, he wouldn't have gotten directing opportunities.  So, they've got veto power (at a minimum) on directors. 
- They acknowledged that "Jack is losing his soul" is a big storyline. And that Dean is in a better place to assess that.  Which tracks with this week's teaser.
- Two scenes mentioned - one is Jack & Dean walking forward and Sam slightly behind.  Jack turns around and looks at Sam for assurance (and then Jared dropped his drawers for a prank and poor Alex couldn't film).  But that says 14.19 has a big climactic decision for Jack.  Second is Dean, crying, all alone in the woods sitting on a stump.  Crane shot - so Dean is well and truly alone.  Don't know if the two scenes are related, but if Dean ends up alone int he woods crying -- that's both sad and telling.  Does EVERYBODY get taken?*

Bottom Line: 14.19 is going to be HEAVY. 

*My inner conspiracy theorist would say Michael mind-f*ck.  But I don't think they would do a long-con on us (aka "Dallas" - it was all a dream).    

Edited by SueB
  • Useful 1

So.........

I was just jumping around the afternoon panel at this weekend's con and happened upon the question about which character they each felt it would be hardest for their character to lose and Jensen gave out the spoiler about the loss that's coming up and I am officially now putting my $ on it being Mary.

And if it turns out to be Jack, I feel like I'm going to need a barf bowl.

Edited by Myrelle
Revision
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I was just jumping around the afternoon panel at this weekend's con and happened upon the question about which character they each felt it would be hardest for their character to lose and Jensen gave out the spoiler about the loss that's coming up and I am officially now putting my $ on it being Mary.

From the context, you can say it is not Sam.  Because he talks about Dean losing Sam and then "there is another loss coming up bla bla". Now it is anyone`s guess if he would spoiler-drop that so candidly if the death sticks? By which I mean "sticks" for show standards aka the character stays dead for at least a few episodes. 

"Pretty difficult" could fit Mary (I would be overjoyed), Jack (as if he stays dead), Cas (not gonna happen as his Empty threat remains for next Season apparently) or some of the Waywards. If it happens in episode 18 "Absence", that is done by Berens so Waywards could be a possibility.    

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

From the context, you can say it is not Sam.  Because he talks about Dean losing Sam and then "there is another loss coming up bla bla". Now it is anyone`s guess if he would spoiler-drop that so candidly if the death sticks? By which I mean "sticks" for show standards aka the character stays dead for at least a few episodes. 

"Pretty difficult" could fit Mary (I would be overjoyed), Jack (as if he stays dead), Cas (not gonna happen as his Empty threat remains for next Season apparently) or some of the Waywards. If it happens in episode 18 "Absence", that is done by Berens so Waywards could be a possibility.    

IA with all you've said here-and I  am honestly grateful that it's not going to be Sam.

I also agree that Mary's death would be the one more likely to stick and the only one worth mentioning for Jensen right after stating that Sam would be hardest for Dean(and that's mainly why I'm putting my $ on her).

Now if Nougat Sue would stay dead, it would be easier for me to live with the scenario; but, like you, I don't see that happening either. 

• Love 4

I still can see the big death being Mary or Jack--to have Dean alone and sobbing...we know it's not Sam or Cas.  I lean to Mary but Jack's big decision gives me pause.

• Useful 1

If that thing about Dean, Sam and Jack building a funeral pyre is true, then Mary for sure. It would also nix out Jack as the killer. Guess he doesn´t even turn dark beige. Which makes that whole "oh well, I killed Michael and kinda lose my soul" pretty stupid. I mean, he tries to befriend the nitwit teens in episode 16 and is still apparently on good speaking terms with the brothers as late as 19. So what, is one chat with Donatello all it takes?

To me that would make the likeliest culprit Nickifer. Either as crazy Nick or already Lucifer (though I believe for real Lucifer is the "signifcant fan favourite" who is coming back in the Finale) or some weird amalgamation. There has to be a reason Nick is melting. Maybe he keeps chucking demon blood for...reasons. 

Though him killing Mary would be kind of random, to be honest. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Though him killing Mary would be kind of random, to be honest. 

He was pretty willing to do it in the episode he got arrested in, and he's probably all the way around the bend now (if he's not Lucifer again yet) and could easily fixate on Mary as the reason for his getting caught.

I'm still betting on a Wayward, but Mary would be my hedge bet (and my preference!).

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

He was pretty willing to do it in the episode he got arrested in, and he's probably all the way around the bend now (if he's not Lucifer again yet) and could easily fixate on Mary as the reason for his getting caught.

I'm still betting on a Wayward, but Mary would be my hedge bet (and my preference!).

I’m tending to think it’s a wayward too, but would Dean be that upset if it’s a Wayward? (Unless it’s Claire or Donna or Jody)

Do we know what ep the death will happen in and who’s all in that ep? I guess we don’t, as that would help narrow it down. I think Mary or a Wayward. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

I’m tending to think it’s a wayward too, but would Dean be that upset if it’s a Wayward? (Unless it’s Claire or Donna or Jody)

Do we know what ep the death will happen in and who’s all in that ep? I guess we don’t, as that would help narrow it down. I think Mary or a Wayward. 

I think we might have narrowed it down to episode 19.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Soooooooooo...

I'm going to watch live tonight because of the Dean pics that they friggin' gave us.

Not proud of that, but can't deny how much those pics turned me on.

He looks Simply. Amazing. in them.

• Love 1

I wonder if the upcoming death is going to be Jack putting someone out of their misery.

My money would be on Mary, a Wayward Sue, or Sam.

It makes me wonder if they are building toward a reverse s8, where Dean is the last one left standing, he might lose Mary, Bobby, and Sam and Jack.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Useful 1
29 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I wonder if the upcoming death is going to be Jack putting someone out of their misery.

My money would be on Mary, a Wayward Sue, or Sam. 

I think you are on to something here. So basically Jack is going to do bad things for what he thinks is a good reason thus keeping his precious NougatSue status intact. And it's a redux of the angel in s9 who thought he was helping by killing them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think probably Jack will be asked to be put out of his misery, so he can go to Heaven. Either the other characters will be like, "but you still have a wisp of a soul, Jack," and Jack will be like, "so send me to Heaven now, before I lose it." Or the other characters will be like, "you don't have a soul anymore, Jack, you're just an angel," and Jack will be like, "so send me to Heaven so I can keep the lights on up there." (My money is on the first option, though). And Dean will kill him because he promised back in the day that if Jack needed killing, he'd take care of it. And then Dean will sit alone in the woods, weeping, as per Jensen's spoiler.

I don't think anybody else is going to be put out of their misery and sent to Heaven a la the snake, because I doubt anybody aside from Jack even thinks of going to Heaven as a good thing at this point, it's basically Charming Acres writ large.

My other spec is that, soon after arriving there, Jack will realize that Heaven is crappy for some reason (not enough angels, or Lucifer's there, or something) and will realize that he needs to get back to earth URGENTLY to get help fighting XYZ rando danger. And that'll lead to our season-ending cliff-hanger in some way or another.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm wondering if Michael is actually not dead and lurking inside Jack and he's making Jack kill the snake leading to killing those around Dean. I would love it if Dean ends up as Michael's vessel again because he pops out of Jack powered up with some of Jack's own grace and he tells Dean he will resurrect everyone if Dean says yes (a laMary) and because Michael will think he has broken Dean to his core and Dean says yes, but this time, he is still strong  enough to lock Michael away, and he puts himself into the box.

Of course, given "Jack in the box" is coming up, maybe Jack asks Dean to put him in the box because he's  become a threat to all humanity.

Sam and Cas could reject Dean because he did what Jack asked  and that is why Dean is in the woods alone, crying. Because the two people he counted on, abandoned him at his hour of need because Dean wasn willing to find another way.

Wishlist is Michael takes Dean again because if Dean loses everyone that could leave Dean feeling so bereft that Michael has a chance to get him again. And Michael uses Dean to go after Chuck. I just don't want to believe that Michael is really dead and his goal of finding Chuck is pointless. Other than Jensen, the only other actor I want to see play Michael is Christian Keyes.

Hmmm, maybe will get Christian!Michael fighting Nickifer... for Jack? And the fight to the death, means both die in their long term vessels. Maybe Christian Keyes vessel wants Michael back...

• Love 2

I think they pretty determinedly said Michael is dead and have moved the story to firmly center around Jack,. Next episode he will bond with some teens, or at least try to. The press release for episode 17 says Mary is worried for his well-being (not being her actual son will do that sometimes) and episode 18 is called "Absence". Then we have "Jack in the Box" in 19. This is solely a Jack storyline IMO. 

Now probably Lucifer returns in the Finale, however super-being Jack should be able to deal with him easily. Unless he is in the box then but probably breaks out.

Press release for 17 also says that "the brothers race to the aid of a friend". Maybe this will be like a Charlie 1.0 situation and it is one of the Waywards so they will find her dead at the end of 17 and since 18 is a Berens ep that deals with it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Oh, and another reason that I think that Jack will sacrifice himself somehow...he's supposed to be doing what the Winchesters do, right? And that's practically all the Winchesters do. The men in that family have never met a survival instinct they haven't utterly ignored in favor of martyrdom.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, rue721 said:

I think probably Jack will be asked to be put out of his misery, so he can go to Heaven. Either the other characters will be like, "but you still have a wisp of a soul, Jack," and Jack will be like, "so send me to Heaven now, before I lose it." Or the other characters will be like, "you don't have a soul anymore, Jack, you're just an angel," and Jack will be like, "so send me to Heaven so I can keep the lights on up there." (My money is on the first option, though). And Dean will kill him because he promised back in the day that if Jack needed killing, he'd take care of it. And then Dean will sit alone in the woods, weeping, as per Jensen's spoiler.

I don't think anybody else is going to be put out of their misery and sent to Heaven a la the snake, because I doubt anybody aside from Jack even thinks of going to Heaven as a good thing at this point, it's basically Charming Acres writ large.

My other spec is that, soon after arriving there, Jack will realize that Heaven is crappy for some reason (not enough angels, or Lucifer's there, or something) and will realize that he needs to get back to earth URGENTLY to get help fighting XYZ rando danger. And that'll lead to our season-ending cliff-hanger in some way or another.

This sounds plausible, but I still think that NougatSue is going into the Malek Box in ep. 19, not to Heaven(unless Dean can come up with a way to "kill" the most powerful being in the universe, that is, before he puts him in the box, so his human soul can go to Heaven, while only the archangel will be trapped).

That title, and his now pretty obvious preference for writing Nougatnatural within the world of Dabbernatural, would be much too tempting for Dabb to use as anything other than the obvious, IMO.

And if that spelled the end of the nephilim sl and left NougatSue as the new ruler and top archangel in Heaven and making new angels for them and we hardly had to see him in S15, at least the last part of that spec would make it more palatable for this fan.

But then who's going to take on Lucifer when he returns in ep. 20?

Oh wait...Sam, of course.

Yup. Season 5 all over again. 

Oh joy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

This rules Mary as the death, alone with Lucifer/Nick and Alex. 

Given that Dean is with Sam and Alex and then its just Dean alone, I'm going with something happening to Sam.   It would fit all the spoilers. 

WAG, Sam dies and goes to heaven and singlehandley rallies the angels (to redeem the leader role) and they attach and kill Lucifer.  Heaven fails and kicks out all the angels and we get ghost Sam next season. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Useful 2

I`m thinking a Wayward now. The "friend" they race to help but will be too late.  Since Kim Rhodes often said, she wouldn`t return for an episode where they killed off Jodi, I nominate Donna. Kathryn Newton is not coming back, even for a stint, I think. And the others wouldn`t elicit any particular reaction.   

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

This rules Mary as the death, alone with Lucifer/Nick and Alex. 

Given that Dean is with Sam and Alex and then its just Dean alone, I'm going with something happening to Sam.   It would fit all the spoilers. 

WAG, Sam dies and goes to heaven and singlehandley rallies the angels (to redeem the leader role) and they attach and kill Lucifer.  Heaven fails and kicks out all the angels and we get ghost Sam next season. 

Yeah, that definitely seems to rule out Mary or Jack - not that I thought the latter was in danger since Dabb probably sees him as the unofficial lead. No one cares about Nickifer, my only question is if they're actually going to try and drag him over to season 15.

Probably a Wayward, though unless it's Donna or Jodi, doesn't really account for Dean crying alone in the woods.  IF it's a Wayward, I'm guessing it is either Donna or Jodi because one of the actresses got a better gig.

I have a truly hairbrained theory that hit me today, but I don't want to even broach the subject unless it comes to fruition.

• Useful 1

If its a Wayward I'm going to put my money on Kaia.

Mostly because there is the unresolved issue of the spear.   I can see Dean feeling guilty if she gets killed because she didn't have her spear. 

But the death is episode 19, and Beren's seems to be the Wayward writer and he's doing 18 so I'm leaning against Waywards for that reason. 

• Useful 1

Mostly because there is the unresolved issue of the spear.   I can see Dean feeling guilty if she gets killed because she didn't have her spear. 

But the death is episode 19, and Beren's seems to be the Wayward writer and he's doing 18 so I'm leaning against Waywards for that reason. 

I`m not sure the death itself is in 19. Building the pyre maybe and Dean having a cry in the woods but that may well be just the aftermath to a death that occurs at the end of ep 18.

Can`t see Kaia. What Jensen said at the con was that, in answering to which character was the hardest to lose for Dean in the whole show, was Sam but that there was another death coming up that is gonna be pretty hard. That tells me it a) isn`t Sam and b) it has to be someone Dean would feel reasonably broken up about, so much so that even Jensen finds it affecting. Kaia isn`t a ping on the radar. 

Mary would fit closest. But either Jodi or Donna would work. I would have pegged Jodi but unless Kim Rhodes changed her mind, I doubt it.      

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I`m not sure the death itself is in 19. Building the pyre maybe and Dean having a cry in the woods but that may well be just the aftermath to a death that occurs at the end of ep 18.

Can`t see Kaia. What Jensen said at the con was that, in answering to which character was the hardest to lose for Dean in the whole show, was Sam but that there was another death coming up that is gonna be pretty hard. That tells me it a) isn`t Sam and b) it has to be someone Dean would feel reasonably broken up about, so much so that even Jensen finds it affecting. Kaia isn`t a ping on the radar. 

Mary would fit closest. But either Jodi or Donna would work. I would have pegged Jodi but unless Kim Rhodes changed her mind, I doubt it.      

Unless they kill her off screen like they did Rowena that one time. I hope it’s not Donna!

No character they kill is going to matter one way or another to me at this point because the character will be back probably within the same episode with they way these writers do things so what's the big deal anyway?

• Love 3

Kim Rhodes can boast about not coming back if they killed off Jody, but I doubt the actress would put a mark like that on her resume if they really did want to kill off her character. I'm still leaning toward Claire, and if so, Kaiah will be the one to do it. Maybe out of spite to hurt Dean, and because she already has it in for her.

• Useful 2