Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Yes, I have and he also seems to be looking over in the direction of the Scooby gang where Daphne and Fred are sitting next to each other. 

ETA: I have this image of @SueB reading this thread and chuckling at the guesses which are completely off haha

Pretty much.

They've shown you the right vibe with the new preview. I love Dean's "I'd take a bullet for that dog!" (note, not a hint, not a spoiler.... nothing... just really like the sentiment of Dean commited to Scooby & the gang). 

• Love 2

IMO, Dean  is looking at Fred and Daphne as he's talking to Sam and his "She could do better" is Dean's grousing under his breath because he thinks he would be better for her. That he's saying it only within Sam's earshot, sets up the punch line of Daphne/Sam. It's really the only direction that can go. Dean might get lucky and get a pity kiss from Velma. LOL

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

The entire concept of Michael confuses me and I think that's mainly because they've never bothered to flesh him out.  He was there for the big showdown, then conveniently became a babbling idiot in the cage.  He appeared to be as strong as Lucifer when they both entered the cage, so why did Michael fare so poorly?  If Michael is in the cage at full angel power, then why couldn't he heal himself, emotionally?  And if his grace is not fully intact, then what does possessing Dean do to improve that?  Is he going to say yes to Michael so he can take down Lucifer, or can Lucifer be trusted in the fight against AU Michael?  And I didn't necessarily get the impression that this character Dean is going to portray is necessarily "good".   So many questions...

For me the difference between Michael and Lucifer is that Lucifer had already been locked in the cage for centuries and Micheal wasn't prepared for the experience like Lucifer was. Plus, imagine if you've spent centuries preparing for the a fight only to be ushered off the field before it ever started and locked in a cage. I think it'd be a pretty crushing blow to one's ego. Remember, Micheal has really only been in the cage for a few years. I imagine the first few years Lucifer was in the cage the first time weren't pretty either--but he had centuries to pull himself together. Micheal may not be as bad off as Chuck led us to believe, he just might need the right motivation to pull himself together.

Pulled this off Jess' tumblr feed:

13x18 synopsis

DANNEEL ACKLES AND RICHARD SPEIGHT JR. RETURN – Lucifer (Mark Pellegrino) rules over heaven but things aren’t going exactly as planned, exasperating his first lady, Jo (guest star Danneel Ackles). Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Castiel (Misha Collins) are perplexed by the return of Gabriel (guest star Richard Speight Jr.). Meanwhile, Dean (Jensen Ackles) gets one step closer to finding Mary and Jack. Amyn Kenderali directed the episode written by Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming (#1318). Original airdate 4/12/2018.

http://ibelieveinthelittletreetopper.tumblr.com/post/162826766658/supernatural-season-13-spoiler-sheet

I wonder if the Angels kick out Lucifer?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

Yes, I have and he also seems to be looking over in the direction of the Scooby gang where Daphne and Fred are sitting next to each other. 

ETA: I have this image of @SueB reading this thread and chuckling at the guesses which are completely off haha

The only way I can see that is if they were talking about Fred and Velma directly before Sam's line, which precipitated him saying Dean wants to stay. Then Dean's outrage over him calling Scooby Marmaduke, then the Daphne line. Still weird editing for the sneak, but not unusual for the promo monkeys. 

• Love 1
On 3/22/2018 at 8:49 PM, trxr4kids said:

Did you mean for this to sound so suggestive? 

No.  Just tired.  

On 3/22/2018 at 8:53 PM, catrox14 said:

That is not the ship I am looking for. 

I think we would need a bigger ship.

But seriously... I just heard about the Jensen EW spoiler.... ahem.... y'all can just line up to give me those high fives.  I know you Don't believe it until you see it. The signs have been there well over a year says the crazy angel cat lady.

Edited by Castiels Cat
25 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

But seriously... I just heard about the Jensen EW spoiler.... ahem.... y'all can just line up to give me those high fives. I know you Don't believe it until you see it.

Ahem... yes, let's not jinx it and get it first ;-) - and hopefully it will last more than a hot minute.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

seriously... I just heard about the Jensen EW spoiler.... ahem.... y'all can just line up to give me those high fives.  I know you Don't believe it until you see it. The signsbhave been there signsbhavef or well overa year says the crazy angel cat lady.

I'll give you the high five when it turns out to be Michael. That is not confirmed yet.

• Love 1

It could still turn out to be AUMichael whom he allows in and, yes, to save Mary.

They might not reference the cage at all. I wouldn't like that, but still better than what they've given him since the beginning of S12. IMO, of course.

I just realized that Singer said that the character he's taking on hasn't been seen in many seasons, so AUMichael is probably out.

I'm a little worried that it will be Gabriel(do not want), but we saw Gabriel two episodes ago-unless Singer was clueless about that.

John is still a possibility, I suppose; especially with what JDM said recently, but how that would help, I can't see-unless they turn him into an angel as someone here mentioned, I believe.

I would hope that it's not just another human or ghost possession, to be precise.

I SO! want it to be OWMichael, but unfortunately, and after thinking on it, I still just can't see them allowing that-not this bunch-but having it happen in the finale makes it a little more likely, I suppose. *fingers crossed*

11 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I just realized that Singer said that the character he's taking on hasn't been seen in many seasons, so AUMichael is probably out.

I'm a little worried that it will be Gabriel(do not want), but we saw Gabriel two episodes ago-unless Singer was clueless about that.

John is still a possibility, I suppose; especially with what JDM said recently, but how that would help, I can't see-unless they turn him into an angel as someone here mentioned, I believe.

I would hope that it's not just another human or ghost possession, to be precise.

I SO! want it to be OWMichael, but unfortunately, and after thinking on it, I still just can't see them allowing that-not this bunch-but having it happen in the finale makes it a little more likely, I suppose. *fingers crossed*

I'd say this pretty much guarantees there's a S14 and they know it. I don't see Jensen getting so pumped, or the PR boosting it, if it is one episode - even the season finale. So extrapolating that, guessing the AU carries over into next season, or, enough of the AU characters make the jump into our world to bring the fight here.

• Love 1

http://tvline.com/2018/03/23/supernatural-season-13-spoilers-sam-danger-dean-rift-mission/

After getting scoop on Supernatural‘s Dean, can we get some for Sam, too? Anything big coming for him? –Maria
Brace yourself for Episode 21. “Sam deals with something pretty harrowing and terrifying and has a few owies,” star Jared Padalecki tells TVLine. Meanwhile, co-showrunner Andrew Dabb assures us that despite Sam’s recent crisis of faith, he and Dean are “charging forward” and “very much are on the same page.” As they continue to gather the ingredients needed to open the rift between worlds, the brothers remain focused on the mission, doubts be damned. “Once the rubber hits the road, once they’re on that path, they’re hellbent to get it done,” Dabb says. “That’s where we’re going to see our guys, really, for the rest of the season

• Love 1

After getting scoop on Supernatural‘s Dean, can we get some for Sam, too? Anything big coming for him? –Maria

Lordy. Chuck forbid we actually get something for Dean. (Don't even try to explain/justify to me - it's pointless).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So apparently at least one of my predictions is correct? Looks like Jensen's 'new' character will be part of the finale.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/supernatural-spoilers-jensen-ackles-dean-new-character/?ftag=TVG_Twitter

Well that's kind of disappointing. It smacks of demon!Dean for shock value and will likely not last either beyond the finale or like 2 episodes into s14 assuming there is a s14.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Well that's kind of disappointing. It smacks of demon!Dean for shock value and will likely not last either beyond the finale or like 2 episodes into s14 assuming there is a s14.

I expected this.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

16 minutes ago, Diane said:

http://tvline.com/2018/03/23/supernatural-season-13-spoilers-sam-danger-dean-rift-mission/

Brace yourself for Episode 21. “Sam deals with something pretty harrowing and terrifying and has a few owies,” star Jared Padalecki tells TVLine. Meanwhile, co-showrunner Andrew Dabb assures us that despite Sam’s recent crisis of faith, he and Dean are “charging forward” and “very much are on the same page.” As they continue to gather the ingredients needed to open the rift between worlds, the brothers remain focused on the mission, doubts be damned. “Once the rubber hits the road, once they’re on that path, they’re hellbent to get it done,” Dabb says. “That’s where we’re going to see our guys, really, for the rest of the season

Thanks for sharing this :) . After all he’s been through I wonder what could be so bad Sam would consider it “terrifying and harrowing”. Will it link back to the Lucifer’s true conversation between Sam and Rowena? 

14 minutes ago, Diane said:

Brace yourself for Episode 21. “Sam deals with something pretty harrowing and terrifying and has a few owies,” star Jared Padalecki tells TVLine.

Dollars to donuts this ties into him telling Rowena that he can't forget seeing Lucifer's true face and it's going to be some kind of flashback to him being in the Cage with Lucifer because there is no way that was just a passing comment. It was foreshadowing IMO. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Dollars to donuts this ties into him telling Rowena that he can't forget seeing Lucifer's true face and it's going to be some kind of flashback to him being in the Cage with Lucifer because there is no way that was just a passing comment. It was foreshadowing IMO. 

And pretty much flies in the face of Sam's cage meeting with him in S11, and all the encounters with him since (including him 'sleeping' in Sam's room?). Now he's terrifying to the point of nightmares? Yeesh.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

And pretty much flies in the face of Sam's cage meeting with him in S11, and all the encounters with him since (including him 'sleeping' in Sam's room?). Now he's terrifying to the point of nightmares? Yeesh.

taking my reply to the bitter spoilers thread

• Love 1

On SpoilerTV they have an article on their own interviewer asking red carpet questions at Paleyfest--Misha is asked about Cas:

--So Castiel seems to be moving back into being a soldier again, the way when we first saw him.  How does it feel going back to Cas's roots?

--Misha..."I think it is going back to his roots.  I think Cas came into contact with humanity and the boys and it mitigated some of his militarism and now he is kind of abandoning that because he feels like it didn't work.  Cas, I think, logs his failures, so over and over again he's tried things and he feels like they haven't worked.  I don't think Cas spends much time reflecting on his triumphs.  It's more like regret and loss for him,  so I think he is sort of taking off the fetters and doing what it takes to get the job done.  Even if that means casualties."

So Cas is still moving into the classic Cas of 4 thru 6 before he lost some of his mojo.   Do like seeing Cas go warrior mode and lose some of softy insecure aspects he sometimes has had in recent years.  Misha already said Cas and the boys are united, so Cas will probably not go too far...or at least not way overboard.  But to make the omelet, he is going to crack some eggs. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Lordy. Chuck forbid we actually get something for Dean. (Don't even try to explain/justify to me - it's pointless).

To be fair if we got something on Sam, Dean fans would be asking what's in store for Dean.  Also... just bc we find out something is in store for Sam, that doesn't take away getting something for Dean.  So really I don't see the problem here with asking about a character on the show that's not Dean.

Edited by Reganne
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Reganne said:

To be fair if we got something on Sam, Dean fans would be asking what's in store for Dean.  Also... just bc we find out something is in store for Sam, that doesn't take away Dean fans getting something for Dean.  So really I don't see the problem here with asking about a character on the show that's not Dean.

Taking to the B vs J thread

25 minutes ago, Reganne said:

To be fair if we got something on Sam, Dean fans would be asking what's in store for Dean.  Also... just bc we find out something is in store for Sam, that doesn't take away getting something for Dean.  So really I don't see the problem here with asking about a character on the show that's not Dean.

Moving to the BvJ thread just in case.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Reganne said:

I didn't take it that Gonzo didn't think Sam should have something, but that Dean rarely has stuff of his own outside of Sam . But I could be wrong too. Not trying to speak for Gonzo just saying that was my interpretation. 

28 minutes ago, Jakes said:

--Misha..."I think it is going back to his roots.  I think Cas came into contact with humanity and the boys and it mitigated some of his militarism and now he is kind of abandoning that because he feels like it didn't work.  Cas, I think, logs his failures, so over and over again he's tried things and he feels like they haven't worked.  I don't think Cas spends much time reflecting on his triumphs.  It's more like regret and loss for him,  so I think he is sort of taking off the fetters and doing what it takes to get the job done.  Even if that means casualties."

This is frustrating to me. Why are they regressing Cas this way? :(.  He is capable of finding a balance between soldier Cas and the Cas that understands, loves and respects humanity. I don't like the sounds of this TBH.

Edited by catrox14
24 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I didn't take it that Gonzo didn't think Sam should have something, but that Dean rarely has stuff of his own outside of

This is frustrating to me. Why are they regressing Cas this way? :(.  He is capable of finding a balance between soldier Cas and the Cas that understands, loves and respects humanity. I don't like the sounds of this TBH.

We will have to see how they present Cas--they certainly have brought out his love for the Winchesters even more.  Which indicates it won't be all warrior...i'll take a wait and see on it.  So they might have a good balance on Cas with warrior and friend of the boys.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The only thing I'm going to say on this is: we got one spoiler/exciting bit of news on Dean/Jensen in a LONG time. Yay for us. And if the Sam fans want spoilers on Sam - understandable and YAY for them. Ask about Sam. Prefacing their request with 'well, we got Dean news, but what about Saaaaaaaam' is what I have a problem with. This is the kind of crap that stokes the fires of resentment. Just ask about Sam ffs, and leave the crumb we finally got about Dean out of it.

I guess I just don't understand it.  Maybe someone wants to know about both characters.  And I have seem Dean fans do the same thing when Jared talks about Sam.  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Jakes said:

We will have to see how they present Cas--they certainly have brought out his love for the Winchesters even more.  Which indicates it won't be all warrior...i'll take a wait and see on it.

Exactly. Why would he decide now that humanity/the Winchesters be soemthing he is now doubting. Especially since they have show him that they understood why he did what he did with Donatello. They were annoyed but clearly came around on that pretty quickly. 

38 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Maybe another reason for Dean to allow Michael in-because he'd be the only one who could rein Castiel in.

2 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Maybe another reason for Dean to allow Michael in-because he'd be the only one who could rein Castiel in.

I don't know why Dean and Cas would be in oppostion though? I don't think this is going to be like Crazy God!Cas....I hope not anyway. That would be really annoying.

14 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

No Misha has said he and the boys are on the same page at the last part of the season.  They are all hell bent to fix things. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jakes said:

No Misha has said he and the boys are on the same page at the last part of the season.  They are all hell bent to fix things. 

And each will try to do it their own way, maybe?

Cas echoed Dean's "whatever it takes" in that episode with Donatello and Dean looked very contemplative when Cas said that.

This could go any number of ways.

1 minute ago, Myrelle said:

Cas echoed Dean's "whatever it takes" in that episode with Donatello and Dean looked very contemplative when Cas said that.

And he seemed to be okay with it in the end. IMO. They have a common enemy and unless someone on TFW is a turncoat already, I don't see why they would not be on the same page. Different tactics yes, but Misha was saying tht Cas now thinks human ways are a liability for Cas.

I don't really get what they are going for with Castiel other than him deciding that he's gonna go HAM but he really can't because he can't even teleport. It's just pretty confusing at this point.

Since episode 21 is called "Beat the Devil", I expected it to focus on a Sam/Rowena against Lucifer scenario. Though with the writers` absolute adoration for all things Lucifer, I`m not sure it will be a conclusive defeat. They`ll probably just face their fears and deal with him in a way that stashes him somewhere (not the cage) for further use.

Jensen playing a different character only in the Finale is disappointing. I expected it to happen, at least start in 22 "Apocalypse Now". If it`s the Finale, it`s probably just a few minutes as a cliffhanger and then it gets swiftly undone in the Premiere of a Season 14.  As if people learned nothing from this exact same scenario with Demon!Dean. Fool me...well, can`t say once. But definitely not again.   

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Since episode 21 is called "Beat the Devil", I expected it to focus on a Sam/Rowena against Lucifer scenario. Though with the writers` absolute adoration for all things Lucifer, I`m not sure it will be a conclusive defeat. They`ll probably just face their fears and deal with him in a way that stashes him somewhere (not the cage) for further use.

Jensen playing a different character only in the Finale is disappointing. I expected it to happen, at least start in 22 "Apocalypse Now". If it`s the Finale, it`s probably just a few minutes as a cliffhanger and then it gets swiftly undone in the Premiere of a Season 14.  As if people learned nothing from this exact same scenario with Demon!Dean. Fool me...well, can`t say once. But definitely not again.   

I don't think Lucifer will actually be defeated in 21 despite the title--think he'll be a major bad still in season 14.   With Dean...he's my favorite and I didn't want him to be a demon too long and also don't want him to be someone other than Dean for too long.  I like Dean as Dean, Sam as Sam and Cas as Cas.  It's nice for big switches and changes--as long as it's not too long.   I like the core characters as themselves.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'd be happy if Dean was never someone/something else, if only they would give him something to do in the main/season ending arcs beside be an emo cheerleader.

I think this is why I'm not all that excited about Dean turning into a different character.  That would mean that the character he turns into either gets the big win or turns into the next adversary.  It wouldn't be Dean just Jensen playing a different character.  While that will be fun to watch I would love to see Dean be the protagonist (and not the couples counselor he was in Alpha and Omega) that actually saves the world.

Just now, Casseiopeia said:

I think this is why I'm not all that excited about Dean turning into a different character.  That would mean that the character he turns into either gets the big win or turns into the next adversary.  It wouldn't be Dean just Jensen playing a different character.  While that will be fun to watch I would love to see Dean be the protagonist (and not the couples counselor he was in Alpha and Omega) that actually saves the world.

I'd trade off someone else getting the big win if it means Dean/Michael fixes Michael's lance and runs it through Lucifer, AU Michael and any other dick angel that happens to be lurking around in one big douchebag shishkebab. And that their deaths would stick forever and always.

19 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'd be happy if Dean was never someone/something else, if only they would give him something to do in the main/season ending arcs beside be an emo cheerleader.

I know some Dean fans think that but not this Dean fan--he's been the leader ever since John left and has done a ton of heroics every year and has a lot of humor, drama thrown in and is a great character played perfectly by Jensen.  Which why he's the best part of the show imo--that said I'm huge on Cas and Sam too.  I do think the J's both get most of the glory about evenly.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'd trade off someone else getting the big win if it means Dean/Michael fixes Michael's lance and runs it through Lucifer, AU Michael and any other dick angel that happens to be lurking around in one big douchebag shishkebab. And that their deaths would stick forever and always.

Yes!

My bitterness right now is them acting like they don't know about next season. I call bullshit. They would not let them film the season finale of their longest running, top-rated show without knowing - i.e without a series finale wrapup. No fucking way. So stop toying with us and manipulating us for ratings. 

1 minute ago, scribe95 said:

My bitterness right now is them acting like they don't know about next season. I call bullshit. They would not let them film the season finale of their longest running, top-rated show without knowing - i.e without a series finale wrapup. No fucking way. So stop toying with us and manipulating us for ratings. 

I don't think they are manipulating fans. I think they are being cautiou.