Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Just now, catrox14 said:

It would be kind of interesting if somehow Chuck/Amara decided to make John an angel because he did save the boys from Azazel.  Maybe they got him some extra points from Amuck.

Has there ever been any reference to a human becoming an angel? That would be a pretty big sea-change, even for Dabb.

6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Has there ever been any reference to a human becoming an angel? That would be a pretty big sea-change, even for Dabb.

For some reason, I thought Chuck upgraded Kevin to angel in s11 when he brought him back and told him it was time for an "upgrade".  

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

For some reason, I thought Chuck upgraded Kevin to angel in s11 when he brought him back and told him it was time for an "upgrade".  

I thought the upgrade was he got to move from being trapped in the veil to heaven. 

Although considering SN’s heaven whether that’s a legit upgrade is debatable lol 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I thought the upgrade was he got to move from being trapped in the veil to heaven. 

Oh, I thought everyone got out of the veil at the end of s9 when Cas broke the angel tablet and arrested Metatron. But that makes more sense than him being an angel. Fair enough.

Since John climbed out of Hell and appeared to glow his way up to Heaven, I’m gonna guess that maybe he shared Mary’s ‘Heaven’ since the Cupid’s made them soulmates.  So now she’s gone, does JOHN notice it’s not his wife?  Was he aware he was in Heaven?  Bobby seemed content reading his Tori Spelling book by the radio until Sam disturbed him.  

All this to say, I think John is in Heaven.  But Chuck probably had both he and Mary offlimits so they couldn’t be screwed with. 

As for JDMs comment, I would not be surprised if he & Jensen chatted and agreed they’d find SOMEWAY to get John back before the show ends.  JDM has been clear he played a man who was broken but loved his boys.  I think that’s precisely who Jensen sees as well.  And Jared likely. I don’t think it sits well with him that the character has been so vilified since his departure.  I imagine if he appears it’ll be maybe to take Mary ‘home’ to Heaven OT something else that is a healing moment for the boys.  Closure.  I asked Jensen what he thought Dean needed from his Father (as a parallel to him needing to forgive Mary) and he answered ‘to be alive’. And it was a heartfelt statement.  

I know J2 have limited influence on storyline but  I recall Jared saying that they had figured out ‘the end’ they would like.  I would not be surprised if John’s return would be part of their preferred ‘end’. Or part of the farewell tour.  

And I wouldn’t be surprised if J2 wanted a say in how their characters end as part of negotiations when they negotiate a final season.  Some sort of story direction agreement, not precise story control.  

Anyway, just spitballing but JDM sounded pretty confident he’d make it happen.  

ETA: I figure keeping Kevin stuck in the veil was Meratron’s switch and chuck undid that. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, SueB said:

Since John climbed out of Hell and appeared to glow his way up to Heaven, I’m gonna guess that maybe he shared Mary’s ‘Heaven’ since the Cupid’s made them soulmates.  So now she’s gone, does JOHN notice it’s not his wife?  Was he aware he was in Heaven?  Bobby seemed content reading his Tori Spelling book by the radio until Sam disturbed him.  

All this to say, I think John is in Heaven.  But Chuck probably had both he and Mary offlimits so they couldn’t be screwed with. 

As for JDMs comment, I would not be surprised if he & Jensen chatted and agreed they’d find SOMEWAY to get John back before the show ends.  JDM has been clear he played a man who was broken but loved his boys.  I think that’s precisely who Jensen sees as well.  And Jared likely. I don’t think it sits well with him that the character has been so vilified since his departure.  I imagine if he appears it’ll be maybe to take Mary ‘home’ to Heaven OT something else that is a healing moment for the boys.  Closure.  I asked Jensen what he thought Dean needed from his Father (as a parallel to him needing to forgive Mary) and he answered ‘to be alive’. And it was a heartfelt statement.  

I know J2 have limited influence on storyline but  I recall Jared saying that they had figured out ‘the end’ they would like.  I would not be surprised if John’s return would be part of their preferred ‘end’. Or part of the farewell tour.  

And I wouldn’t be surprised if J2 wanted a say in how their characters end as part of negotiations when they negotiate a final season.  Some sort of story direction agreement, not precise story control.  

Anyway, just spitballing but JDM sounded pretty confident he’d make it happen.  

ETA: I figure keeping Kevin stuck in the veil was Meratron’s switch and chuck undid that. 

So JDM seemed sure but unless he has some secret deal don't know how he could promise he'd be back--though I'd love it.  IF he comes back think he should have been somewhere where he ages since JDM still looks good but he does look 10 years older.  MAYBE the real John got thrown in the AU world somehow after the Yellow Eyes defeat.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, SueB said:

.  And Jared likely. I don’t think it sits well with him that the character has been so vilified since his departure.

It may not sit well with him, but if that's what JDM and J2 think, I think they might be forgetting that most of John's terrible parenting came up during s1. I think he was vilified before he left the show. I know for me I did after Home, Faith, and Something Wicked. Nothing really after that made it worse. Not even him leaving Dean at the boys home. For me, the damage was already done. I think there are a number of fans who see it that way as well.

• Love 1

Okay, totally cracky spec time. I don't actually think this is as likely as Dean!Michael, but I think it is a possibility -- and one that would in some ways make more narrative sense than the likelier alternative. 

The problem with Dean as Michael is that the one-true-vessel (OTV) plotline has been kaput for a while, and Michael himself is, as others have said, kind of a zero. I'm just not seeing Dean saying "yes" to either version of Michael as something that seems consistent with the concerns of the show in its current form. If the show were going to go with Dean Michael, I also think there were some obvious opportunities for set-up that they missed.

However, while the OTV plotline seems well and truly finished, for both Dean and Sam (Lucifer has been back for years without caring that Sam is still, presumably, his OTV - I think there was a throwaway comment that he didn't need Sam anymore, but otherwise, it has been entirely ignored), if I understand angel lore correctly, both of them would also be suitable vessels for any other angel.

We don't have a ton of angels who would make sense in this capacity. You could get wacky comedy from a Cas-in-Dean MOW, but I don't see it as a plot with real long-term stakes. Gabriel is back, but I can't see how that would be all that dramatically resonant. Dean hosting Lucifer could be an interesting scenario, but that would bring us back to the defunct OTV plot, and we've already done the "Lucifer takes one of the gang as his vessel" storyline with Cas a couple of seasons ago. 

But there is another part-angel character around this season, one who has been set up to play a significant role in the season arc-plot -- and one whose relationship with Dean the show did spend some time developing. Having Dean say yes to Jack, a being he initially wanted to kill, remained suspicious of, and has now accepted, a being who is good but still has obvious vulnerabilities and self-doubt, some of it perhaps linked to Dean's initial judgment of him, could be a really satisfying payoff to that dynamic. 

Of course, we don't know that nephilim can even take vessels, but I don't think it has been established that they can't. In fact, the plan that Sam hatched last year of siphoning off Jack's angel part could even come into play here - what if you could separate the angel and the human parts by having a willing vessel accept the angel?

Again, cracky, and probably not true. But if it comes to pass, I reserve the right to gloat.

1 minute ago, companionenvy said:

Having Dean say yes to Jack, a being he initially wanted to kill, remained suspicious of, and has now accepted, a being who is good but still has obvious vulnerabilities and self-doubt, some of it perhaps linked to Dean's initial judgment of him, could be a really satisfying payoff to that dynamic. 

Sam has been so tied to Jack that I can't see him not being the one to do that kind of thing. I don't see them giving that to Dean.

That said, it sure would be the ultimate way of making sure the audience, Dean, Sam, Cas and Jack all know just how horribly wrong Dean was for ever trying to kill Jack or being mean to him when he was grieving. So, yeah for that reason and only that reason I can see them doing it.

6 minutes ago, companionenvy said:

- what if you could separate the angel and the human parts by having a willing vessel accept the angel?

It's an interesting idea, which makes me wonder if once Dean takes him. I mean he has to go somewhere. Dean can't stay Jack forever.  So would they give his grace to Guck? Someone else? Send it to the Empty? Also, it seems to me that would be something Cas would do before Dean unless Cas isn't capable of doing.  What would they do with it to keep it away from the other angels?

• Love 1

But what if, being his one true Earthly vessel, Dean saying yes to the fucked-up, caged Michael is the thing thar could fix him and make him powerful enough to kick AU!Michael's ass? 

Sam already told Lucifer 'no' in no uncertain terms as recently as S11, and that's when he thought maybe he could defeat God's sister. He said no, but Lucfier still wanted him. So Michael still wanting Dean makes as much sense as anything else Dabb has done.  

• Love 3

Dean as Michael's meat suit does seem almost too obvious.  And just how man Archangels does it take to get rid of AU Michael.  Theoretically, we have Lucifer and Gabriel.  I don't see what a drooling Michael brings to the mix, but I'm sure that if that's the way they intend to go, they'll make up some story about how he's been growing stronger all of these years in the cage.  

Personally, I'd love it if Jensen wasn't just doing an impression of some other character.  Based on how this season has gone, it could be a completely new character they introduce in the next few episodes.  Or maybe he's zapped by some witch again and switches places with someone.  Rowena's still around, so maybe she's involved somehow.  I just want it to not be lame. 

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Sam has been so tied to Jack that I can't see him not being the one to do that kind of thing. I don't see them giving that to Dean.

That said, it sure would be the ultimate way of making sure the audience, Dean, Sam, Cas and Jack all know just how horribly wrong Dean was for ever trying to kill Jack or being mean to him when he was grieving. So, yeah for that reason and only that reason I can see them doing it.

Sam being so tied to Jack is why Sam agreeing to be Jack's vessel would have little dramatic tension. 

I think the audience already knows Dean was wrong about Jack. As does Dean. I can't see how Dean making the noble choice to save Jack in such a drastic way would be a way of crapping on Dean's character.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, companionenvy said:

I think the audience already knows Dean was wrong about Jack.

I mostly don't want it because I think Dabb won't be able to resist giving Dean a speech about how he was wrong and why he has to do this to make up for that meanness. I'm not really being that sarcastic either. I think that's how it would go. I'm not interested in Dean being flailed again for an actual valid position about the Son of Satan. That's all I'm saying.

• Love 3

So what I got from Paleyfest was that according to Dabb WS did not get picked up and according to Singer there wil be a S14 which seemed to be news to Jared (and Singer did try to back track that a little).

16 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

So what I got from Paleyfest was that according to Dabb WS did not get picked up and according to Singer there wil be a S14 which seemed to be news to Jared (and Singer did try to back track that a little).

Wait, when did they say WS didn't get picked up? 

33 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Wait, when did they say WS didn't get picked up? 

Right in the beginning when Dabb was talking about AU's.  He said that originally the concept was for WS but when that "didn't go forward" they incorporated that idea into SPN.  I watched it twice to make sure I heard it right.  But I am also very tired so who knows.

13 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I read that Jensen said towards the end of this season, Dean steps up in a big way.

He did and that sounded very exciting! 

Edited by Casseiopeia
43 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Right in the beginning when Dabb was talking about AU's.  He said that originally the concept was for WS but when that "didn't go forward" they incorporated that idea into SPN.  I watched it twice to make sure I heard it right.  But I am also very tired so who knows.

He did and that sounded very exciting! 

Dabb: "It was something Brad and Eugenie pitched last season... as something to kind of explore...and then ..ah...  (stammers a bit, Samantha makes a comment) ....and then the Wayward Sisters pilot we did this year. we actually wrote a version of it last year and we stole that idea for Wayward Sisters and then when that didn't go forward we stole it back for Supernatural.

So LAST year (as in S12) they were thinking of a Wayward Sister pilot.  B-L had an AU idea they pitched, Dabb stole it for a S12 "pilot" for Wayward Sisters which didn't go forward so they stole it BACK for S12 SPN finale.

So, what didn't go forward was the Wayward Sisters pilot in S12.  Clearly they picked up the pilot to air in S13 instead.

So, he's talking that in S12, they delayed to S13 (this current year) for Wayward Sister, not a "no going forward" issue ultimately, just a temporary delay.   

Michael seems obvious but Jensen feeling like he really needs to do his homework.... made me wonder...  AU Azazel?   He was always scrappy. 

Words used:

’Dean really steps up’ — sounds like a leadership role 

’happy and terrified’ - sounds like a bad guy

’homework’ - someone else played them enough to make a distinct impression Jensen wants to follow through

AU Michael

Azazel

Lucifer (if they break Crowley’s meatsuit prison)

Our Michael

AU Raphael

9 hours ago, SueB said:

So LAST year (as in S12) they were thinking of a Wayward Sister pilot.  B-L had an AU idea they pitched, Dabb stole it for a S12 "pilot" for Wayward Sisters which didn't go forward so they stole it BACK for S12 SPN finale.

So, what didn't go forward was the Wayward Sisters pilot in S12.  Clearly they picked up the pilot to air in S13 instead.

So, he's talking that in S12, they delayed to S13 (this current year) for Wayward Sister, not a "no going forward" issue ultimately, just a temporary delay.   

I thought he meant last year as in the summer of 2017 which was when the pilot was shot.  

• Love 1

Outstanding stuff at Paley!

We now know:

--Yes, there was no final season announcement...didn't think that was remotely why they were at Paley...Jessica Mason says they all seemed excited about telling stories in the future

--It's the real Gabriel--YES!  And he's back for good deal and gets redemption--why do I fear he will die for that?

--CAS does NOT go bad and has not been rewired bad...Misha says team free will 2.0 all together fighting like a militia.  They include Gabriel and Rowena.  Didn't see Cas going bad as very likely...all the guys push it at times

--Jack meets Lucifer in 21+22--he's intrigued but Alexander says he's lucky he met the Winchesters first and has a family...so looks like Jack stays good!

--They say along with Gabriel that this is the year of redemption but probably not Lucifer!

--Dean stepping forward...this sounds like a yes for Michael--I expect him with Michael more and more!

Overall just fantastic and can't wait for ScoobyNatural--sounds great!  And just my prediction...still see season 15 more likely than 14 to be the last.

• Love 3

And that something big will find Ackles playing someone viewers have seen before, “many years ago,” executive producer Robert Singer told TVLine on the PaleyFest red carpet. Meanwhile, EP Andrew Dabb predicted that fans will be both “happy and terrified” when they find out the identity of the character. Could it be the archangel Michael, for whom Dean was supposed to be the vessel in Season 5? “No comment,” Singer replied.

PHOTOSSupernatural Meets Scooby-Doo: Dean Woos Daphne, Sam Scares Velma and Cas Saves Shaggy in 27 New Photos

Whomever the character is, Ackles described the upcoming role switch as daunting and challenging, but also an opportunity he looks forward to tackling. “I’m going to have to do some research, and then I’m going to have to bring it,” he said.

So, they say its' someone we've seen before, "many years ago".  Okay what does "many " mean? Is it more than 3 years ago? Is it 8 years ago?  I really don't see Michael as being daunting and challenging for Jensen given he helped Matt get a feel for Michael in s5.  I'm 50/50 on it being Michael.

Why did Vlada Gelman italicize "bring".  If it was Ausiello writing the article I would say that's a clue but I don't know if Gelman drops those same kinds of clues in her articles.  Maybe she's just emphasizing Jensen tone with bring it, cause he does say that.  I dunno. 

I'm not sure if it's Michael why fans would be both happy and terrified. Unless Michael!Dean battles Lucifer!Sam or Jack. I still can't Dean doing it without some assurance that that he could keep control over Michael.  So, let's take Michael out of the equation and think about who else it might be that Jensen would have to do some research. Singer's "No comment" might really just be a no comment because he won't say one way or the other. .

Gabriel? Was last seen in s9 prior to this season. Is that "many" season? Rich is on set all the time so he could pick his brain. I don't see that happening.

Death? What if Dean or someone else kills Billie and he becomes Death. Death is terrifying. And the first Death was last seen 3 seasons ago...does that count as "many"? I'm just not sure how Dean becomes Death since he's not an angel.

Castiel? Is Jensen being snarky about having to some research on playing Castiel? I would need to hear his comments to decide if he's got some tone to his voice that implies anything. Jensen is sneaky that way.

Cain is my new No 1 non Michael candidate:

Cain was last seen 3 seasons. That's more than 2 but is it many? Cain was terrifying and IMO rather beloved character. Demon Dean and Cain were the most powerful  characters ever in the show, and basically immortal unless killed by the First Blade.

Sure, Dean killed Cain but we never saw his really most sincerely dead body. So if he's alive, maybe he comes back looking for Dean...for reasons.  Or if he really was dead, then he's in the Empty with the other demons. Either way, Cain died with the Mark on his arm. If they resurrected him from the Empty, I posit the Mark is still in effect. Fight me.  It's no more ridiculous for Cain to have a functioning Mark than any other LOLcanon in the show.

Yes, despite Dean killing Cain, Cain seemed to really like and respect Dean in his own weird way. He said he felt connected to him.  He wanted to kill Dean to stop him from wreaking havoc, not because he hated him. Cain believed he was saving Dean from himself by killing him.  So I think he would be willing to help Dean. Maybe get some redemption.

Cain doesn't have his knife hand, thanks to MoC!Dean so maybe Dean and Cas get Jack to resurrect Cain who gets out of the Empty, then Dean agrees to Cain possessing him. Cas is the last person to have the First Blade. So we would get a Mark'd up Cain-in-Dean with Dean wielding the First Blade and they would be powerful enough to kill an archangel. Asmodeus might be wrong about only an archangel blade can kill an archangel. Or he thinks that's true now, if he has any idea about Cain or thinks Cain is dead.

Dean would be more protected inside Cain than Michael. As much as I want Michael!Dean, I'd prefer Cain!Dean given Cain is a lot more interesting character than Michael at this point IMO.

Lastly, IMO, Jensen would consider it an honor to play Cain given his love for the character and Tim O's performance. I think he might see that as a daunting and challenging role. This is my choice now if it's not Michael

4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So, more clues that it's Michael, or playing into expectations to pull off a big twist in the end? I just don't give Singer/Dabb that much credit for subtlety. It's Michael.

http://tvline.com/2018/03/21/supernatural-spoilers-season-13-jensen-ackles-new-character/

Edited by catrox14
changed several to "many" .

Heh maybe my crack spec that John but not JDM will return before the end of the series will come true. Jensen is researching nuances in JDMs performance of John. 11 Years (last seen end of season 2) was certainly long ago and Jensen wanting to look up performance makes sense too. 

2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Heh maybe my crack spec that John but not JDM will return before the end of the series will come true. Jensen is researching nuances in JDMs performance of John. 11 Years (last seen end of season 2) was certainly long ago and Jensen wanting to look up performance makes sense too. 

John's soul crawled out of Hell, killed Azazel and then apparently went somewhere. So he's not even really a ghost at this point. He left in that same glowing light that others have left IIRC from s2.  So how would it happen? Maybe he gets Rowena to summon him?

I thik JDM mean himself though. I don't think he would announce John coming back and it not be him. That would be weird especially at Walker Stalker.  In that case, I could see it that Dean would ask Amara to bring John back to help him or to make Mary happy.  I could see Dean doing that TBH.

A more serious spec... 

If it isn’t Michael, I actually think @DittyDotDot‘s suggestion that it could be AN AU azazel could be a pretty interesting one. Personally, I feel to live up to Jensen’s needing to research comment and Singer’s Years comment it needs to be someone from seasons 1-5. I couldn’t see Jensen feeling a massive need to research someone who has been there within the past few years especially if he was in multiple scenes with them. However, an actor who hasn’t been there in a decade... I could see him feeling the need to rewatch their scenes just in case.

21 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

So, they say its' someone we've seen before, "several years ago".

The actual terminology was "many years ago". We last saw OurWorldMichael in S5 when Matt Cohen played him and then the kid in in Swan Song.

Eight years is "many" to me.  Three doesn't qualify as that to me.

I think they feel that OWMichael, even as little of him as they've given to us so far, and the AUMichael they've given us this year are both "terrifying" characters. Matt Cohen gave us that with his portrayal, IMO. His Michael was single-minded to the nth degree and relentless in going after what he wanted-as Lucifer described his brother in any incarnation that he'd seen him. And we know that he's a leader in the AU and was, at one time, in our world.

As I've said, this story could pretty much write itself(much like Dean going to Hell and the DemonDean sl did also, IMO) and Jensen would rock this role like nobody's business, if they would just give him the chance.

As predictable and expected as it might seem to some, to others, it would come as the least expected thing ever, especially considering the present showrunners storyline proclivities where it concerns the Dean character.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Myrelle said:

he actual terminology was "many years ago". We last saw OurWorldMichael in S5 when Matt Cohen played him and then the kid in in Swan Song.

I changed it before you posted. LOL

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

A more serious spec... 

If it isn’t Michael, I actually think @DittyDotDot‘s suggestion that it could be AN AU azazel could be a pretty interesting one. Personally, I feel to live up to Jensen’s needing to research comment and Singer’s Years comment it needs to be someone from seasons 1-5. I couldn’t see Jensen feeling a massive need to research someone who has been there within the past few years especially if he was in multiple scenes with them. However, an actor who hasn’t been there in a decade... I could see him feeling the need to rewatch their scenes just in case.

I don't see them doing that because AUAzazel killed Mary. It wouldn't be Dean, but it would be Dean's face killing a version of Mary, Dean's mother, who Dean actually does love.. I think that's a bridge that might be too far.

14 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I changed it before you posted. LOL

Sorry about that. ;-)

I'd actually thought of John also, especially given what JDM said recently. But John possessing Dean would not qualify as "terrifying" to the fandom, IMO; whereas I think that the general fandom would be made "happy and terrified" at the thought of Jensen at long last being given the opportunity to play the Archangel Michael in all of his glory as the Commander of the Heavenly Host-or even the one-time commander.

And John would not want to remain in Dean, IMO, whereas OWMichael very easily would. I could actually see John being brought back to help bring Dean back, tbh. That would likely be more of an enticement to JDM also, IMO.

They could go with Azazel, but I'm not sure how "happy" that would make the fandom. I mean it would be better than nothing, but it would again be avoiding what many in the Dean fandom have long hoped and wished for.

19 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Wonder why Mark Pellegrino wasn't there?  He was announced and even 2 days ago he retweeted a Misha tweet advertising he'd be with the group.

He was filming per Bob Singer

• Love 1

My spec Is that Jensen  is  going to play our world Michael.   Michael is supposed to be crazy.  Jensen may want to research how to portray a mentally unstable person. 

Jensen talked about how he did research on how to properly portray someone who was stabbed in the chest.   That scene with Metatron is so real it’s hard to watch. 

This is something I can see Jensen doing. 

• Love 4

That was my thought, too, ILoveReading.  It would be a different version of OWMichael and he would be researching to see how this character would react to things various and sundry (I suspect he would also go back and watch "In The Beginning" to see exactly how he intended to portray Michael, as that was the direction into which he was coaching MC).  

(This hint that JA may finally get to play a version of Michael brought to mind Dean's line in "A Most Holy Man," the "I have faith" comment.  In "Legion," at the end, Jeep asks Michael if they'll see him again and Michael replies, "Have faith."  I guess we may see him again.  LOL )

I would love it if OWMichael acknowledged that Dean had been right:  being a good son didn't work out so well.

What I really hate is that Gabriel is supposed to be our Gabriel.  Aw, c'mon, writers, really?  

Edited by Lemuria
6 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I thought he meant last year as in the summer of 2017 which was when the pilot was shot.  

The pilot was shot in late October 2017.  In the normal filming shedule spot for the episode. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Jakes said:

We now know:

--Yes, there was no final season announcement...didn't think that was remotely why they were at Paley...Jessica Mason says they all seemed excited about telling stories in the future

--It's the real Gabriel--YES!  And he's back for good deal and gets redemption--why do I fear he will die for that?

--CAS does NOT go bad and has not been rewired bad...Misha says team free will 2.0 all together fighting like a militia.  They include Gabriel and Rowena.  Didn't see Cas going bad as very likely...all the guys push it at times

--Jack meets Lucifer in 21+22--he's intrigued but Alexander says he's lucky he met the Winchesters first and has a family...so looks like Jack stays good!

--They say along with Gabriel that this is the year of redemption but probably not Lucifer!

--Dean stepping forward...this sounds like a yes for Michael--I expect him with Michael more and more!

Overall just fantastic and can't wait for ScoobyNatural--sounds great!  And just my prediction...still see season 15 more likely than 14 to be the last.

Was there more from Paley than just the panel that was live-streamed? I don't recall them even mentioning Gabriel, or Cas potentially being bad, or Jack meeting Lucifer. Were these stand up interviews? Articles?

1 hour ago, scribe95 said:

Where is OW Michael again? Maybe he would have to play him to defeat AU Michael? 

He is still in the cage, drooling and singing show tunes, according to Lucifer. Who know how true that is, but he was apparently bad enough that Chuck didn't think he could fix him in time to help with Amara.

(edited)
6 hours ago, Jakes said:

We now know:

Excellent recap of the big points!  I liked how Misha describes Cas back in "fighting mode".  And it fits with what we've seen.

Warning on "The Mary Sue" article by Jess, she's a little more spoilery IMO than most on the actual ScoobyNatural episode. She doesn't give away any of the big bits IMO but if you want to stay out of the details completely, be forewarned.  The episode itself have pretty much zip bearing on the season with one tiny exception.

My S13 and beyond takeaways:
- Bobo Berens wasn't on the stage. I think that puts him firmly tied to Wayward Sisters.
- Mark P was left home filming, Alex got to come to Paleyfest. And Bob and Andrew apparently had to fight for his casting.  And it's really paid off.  I think there's nothing but LUV for the youngin' and I'm more inclined to believe they'll keep him into S14.
- Literally NO ONE said anything about ending soon.  If anything, it was a concerted "we're not going anywhere" vibe.  By now the boys are negotiated fo their next contract. IF it's like in the past, that's a two-year deal.  If they were starting to gear up to wind down, I think we might have heard a different tone.  
- I don't think anyone is worried about S14. 
- They aren't going to make the AU's a habit.

@gonzosgirrl

Was there more from Paley than just the panel that was live-streamed? I don't recall them even mentioning Gabriel, or Cas potentially being bad, or Jack meeting Lucifer. Were these stand up interviews? Articles?

Other bits:
- There were just pictures taken with the cars*.  No Q&A. The press was all there. Then they all skedaddled to the basement of the Dolby Theater and had their press line.  This is where all the intel came out in the various articles.  I've seen about 5 or 6.
- The press sat in the audience but didn't have any other questions asked. Except for the episode, everything you saw on the facebook stream is what happened in the theater.
- The boys were really thrilled with the crowd size at the car.  What really made it cool was that the couryard was surounded 360 degs by three additional levels and there were people on all levels surrounding them looking down.  I imagine it was a bit overwhelming.

*Color commentary: You could literally walk up to the car and The Mystery Machine until about 4pm.  Then the crowd started forming.  When the WB reps showed up they were pretty much late to the party.  They kept trying to shift people around to make room for press and people were dead-eyeing them like "Really? Some have been here since 10am.  You should have showed up earlier to set up."  The Paleyfest social media person was there earlier than the WB.  I asked one of the reporters with whom I've exchanged tweets with in the past: "Does the WB understand how popular Supernatural is?" They said "oh yes, the WB gets it."  But I'd say that about half the crew they sent to work that day totally got it and half were stunned at the crowd size and not prepared.  I also mentioned how good EW has been to Supernatural (this reporter was NOT from EW) and they said "the Supernatural covers are the best sellers by far, that's why they keep coming up with other varients, it makes them a lot of money."  So, that was interesting to hear.  

Edited by SueB
33 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Thank you,  @SueB. Apparently then I need to re-watch the panel, because I didn't catch any of those things I mentioned, lol.

FWIW, I didn't get any of that other stuff from the panel either.

9 minutes ago, SueB said:

10 minutes ago, SueB said:

Now, that's more like it. That wasn't in the panel though.

7 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

This actually would interest me a lot more than Michael.  Michael really didn't have much of a personality, at least not one that stuck with me.  He was seen only a handful of times, in various forms, and seemed to be a reluctant participant in the whole Apocalypse thing.  He was simply doing what he felt he was destined to do.  I didn't find Michael scary in the least bit.  

Dean as Azazel would be totally cool.  It would have to be another possession scenario, since Dean doesn't exist in the AU, but I think it would be infinitely more interesting that Michael.  Michael is already set up as the big bad from the AU.  Do we really need two of them?  The history of Azazel killing Mary and our Dean killing Azazel would be an interesting twist.  I still think it's going to be Michael, but this is a fun speculation.

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

If it isn’t Michael, I actually think @DittyDotDot‘s suggestion that it could be AN AU azazel could be a pretty interesting one.

Oh, I don't know whose spec that is, but it definitely wasn't mine. It could work, but I'm not sure I see it happening, myself. Micheal is the only one I see it happening with, but then I think it's also too obvious. I have no other spec who it could be, though.