Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Way too many of FV's so called pets / gets should have been short term to push story and leave town either alive or dead.  HateChel IS one of those characters that I hated from the jump.

Happy 20th anniversary to Rebecca Herbst aka Elizabeth Imogene Webber!

Sonny sucks, hard!  Ugh.

2 minutes ago, BlueSapphire said:

Yeah, so not interested in Ty Olsson coming back, because of his annoying character and his behavior at some past cons which led to him getting banned. 

Replying in the appearances thread. 

Ty is a good solid actor and has great chemistry with Jensen. I'd be very happy to have Ty back as Benny any time.

Missouri on the other hand is an annoying unnecessary character, especially if she's going to continue nagging at Dean. 

Jensen's legs seem to go on forever in that pic. 

• Love 8
On 7/31/2017 at 0:32 PM, ILoveReading said:

I'm looking forward to the scene Jensen described where Dean reaches out to Chuck to bring Cas, Crowley and Mary back.  I think Jensen is going to be brilliant as always. 

Every single storyline sounds 'meh' 

Hopefully it plays out better than it sounds.

You know, you bring up a good point. The storylines are always 'meh' for me, but I enjoyed watching the actors so much that I end up not even caring. So unless something is infuriatingly bad, like season 8's version of Sam, I'll probably enjoy it regardless.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Oh god, please don't tell me Dean's hateful cuddly bear vampire is coming back! 

Why is he hateful?  He didn't do anything hateful that I recall.  He saved the lives of both Dean and Sam, so in my book, Benny's one of the good ones.

I know that Missouri was a bit mean to Dean, but I still liked her character.  I would be happy to see both characters back.  I'm not sure how Benny would show up in the AU, but they could certainly see him again in Purgatory, if they ever go back.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Jensen and the tapeball. 

The Jawline...the hair.....

I'm looking at that picture and I'm wondering...has that picture seen before? it's  hanging crooked on the wall. I'm looking at the table and that the brown paper lunch bag. Is that a bag of food for Jensen or for the scene? 

SWAG: Dean is trying to summon Death or find Death and he's brought him a bag of pickle chips, and coffee.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it! 

Edited by catrox14
Oxford commas make things better.
34 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

The Jawline...the hair.....

I'm so glad his hair has grown out from the really-short-on-the-sides style. I was not a fan. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, bethy said:

I'm so glad his hair has grown out from the really-short-on-the-sides style. I was not a fan. 

My head!canon says Jensen cut his hair that because he's doing some stealth filming for Deadpool2 LOL because the set pics of Ryan Reynolds look like he has pretty much the same haircut.  Leave me to my headcanon.

36 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Can I adopt this head canon

Feel free.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I'm looking at that picture and I'm wondering...has that picture seen before? it's  hanging crooked on the wall.

I don't recognize it...hmm? I'm cool with the idea that bag is a snack for Death!! ;)

BTW, I don't think the picture is hanging crooked on the wall--it seems to be parallel with the corner--I think photo was taken crooked. The designer in me wants to straighten it soooo bad. 

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

BTW, I don't think the picture is hanging crooked on the wall--it seems to be parallel with the corner--I think photo was taken crooked. The designer in me wants to straighten it soooo bad. 

If the photo was taken crooked, then does that mean Jensen is actually crooked since he appears to be straight? Not being snarky. I don't understand what you are saying LOL

16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

If the photo was taken crooked, then does that mean Jensen is actually crooked since he appears to be straight? Not being snarky. I don't understand what you are saying LOL

Does this help?

Capture.thumb.PNG.ceffcee226a8174c45c9384c1856eeb4.PNG

So, to answer your question, yes Jensen was crooked.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm so confused. LOL. Thanks.

Capture3.thumb.jpg.184c8fb2daa164c07ca713b796ead9cd.jpg

If you look at the corner behind Jensen's head. In the first photo, it's not vertical. Unless the wall is built crooked it should be vertical. And, if the picture was hanging crooked on the wall the edge would not be parallel to the corner. The second photo, I rotated it until the corner was vertical.

• Love 4
(edited)

Excellent analysis @DittyDotDot

Here's the Comic-Con version of WoL podcast. 

TRIGGER WARNING:
- They LIKE the show.  They dismiss those who poo-poo every nit.  This will make some of you angry. In particular they scoff at the Missouri Mosley hate. 
- They SQUEE a lot.  
- They are Australian and speak quickly.  It's a podcast, there is rambling.

Podcast

that's an iTunes link but you can find it on SoundCloud as well. 

Summary (all times 'ish'... it's podcast, it ramble)

0-55:30- Going thru all the Pre Hall H appearances

55:30-1:01 Building up versus winding down 

1:01-1:21 Hall H

1:21-1:45- SPOILERS - decent summary of all the spoiler bits gathered at the tables and in interviews. 

1:45 - 1:48- The RELEVANCE of the big Hall H effort for the boys (show of support from studio not just for show but for actors)

1:45-1:48 wrap up 

Note: Amy is in the TV/Movie PR biz in Australia so I find her industry comments interesting.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, SueB said:

Excellent analysis @DittyDotDot

Here's the Comic-Con version of WoL podcast. 

TRIGGER WARNING:
- They LIKE the show.  They dismiss those who poo-poo every nit.  This will make some of you angry. In particular they scoff at the Missouri Mosley hate. 
- They SQUEE a lot.  
- They are Australian and speak quickly.  It's a podcast, there is rambling.

Podcast

that's an iTunes link but you can find it on SoundCloud as well. 

Summary (all times 'ish'... it's podcast, it ramble)

0-55:30- Going thru all the Pre Hall H appearances

55:30-1:01 Building up versus winding down 

1:01-1:21 Hall H

1:21-1:45- SPOILERS - decent summary of all the spoiler bits gathered at the tables and in interviews. 

1:45 - 1:48- The RELEVANCE of the big Hall H effort for the boys (show of support from studio not just for show but for actors)

1:45-1:48 wrap up 

Note: Amy is in the TV/Movie PR biz in Australia so I find her industry comments interesting.  

I'll listen later when I have a chance, but that only applies to J2. There was nothing remotely resembling respect shown towards Misha at SDCC this year. There was that ridiculous stunt with the chair and the clips shown while Kansas played decidated more time to both Bobby and Donna than Cas. I honestly wish Misha had done a Mark Pellegrino and not bothered to show at all.

9 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I'll listen later when I have a chance, but that only applies to J2. There was nothing remotely resembling respect shown towards Misha at SDCC this year. There was that ridiculous stunt with the chair and the clips shown while Kansas played decidated more time to both Bobby and Donna than Cas. I honestly wish Misha had done a Mark Pellegrino and not bothered to show at all.

They talk about Misha and Cas quite a bit.  

They poo-poo (see Trigger Warning) those who are insulted by the little chair incident (they think Misha was totally in on the gag*) and think he's well respected by the WB -- NOT just J2.  And the WB had nothing to do with the stage gag.  

The person who got dissed the most, IMO, is Mark Sheppard because he wasn't even mentioned.

*As a female, I don't always get 'guy humor' but according to my son-in-law, when the boys in his family are picking on each other, that's a sign everything is good.  When they are being polite, that's a sign something is wrong.  I get the impression that this is the case with J2M.  I don't understand it, but I recognize the phenomenon. 

• Love 4

I used to listen to the WoL podcasts but it's a bit wearying when they LOVE EVERYTHING - SQUEE!!!  I don't want  griping and grumbling of course, but it's not the real story, is it?  You can't love everything unless you're just wanting to stay friends - kind of "Does this dress make me look fat?" type of thing.

I really hope Missouri doesn't start up with Dean again!!!  I'll be forced to wear my anti-teeth grinding mouthpiece and it's uncomfortable!!

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I used to listen to the WoL podcasts but it's a bit wearying when they LOVE EVERYTHING - SQUEE!!!  I don't want  griping and grumbling of course, but it's not the real story, is it?  You can't love everything unless you're just wanting to stay friends - kind of "Does this dress make me look fat?" type of thing.

I really hope Missouri doesn't start up with Dean again!!!  I'll be forced to wear my anti-teeth grinding mouthpiece and it's uncomfortable!!

It's the real story to me and I don't care about "just wanting to stay friends".  Again, I provided the trigger warning that they love the show.  Feel free to skip it. However, there are many lurkers on the board who might appreciate a positive viewpoint based on feedback I've received.  And I think the WoL podcasters will 'call out' what they think is not accurate.  See their comments on Jared saying the keg was a surprise.  But I also think they roll with the story in a more easy-going fashion and thus more accepting of it's fault.  

But I since I think I live in the "real world", I think their view of the show is a "real story".  It's just a different perspective than posters who have a larger sense of irritation with the show.  In short, it's unfair IMO to say their viewpoint is "not the real story".  "Real" is subjective. 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 3

Maybe I've confused things by saying something about real story.  I meant it's not the truth.  You can't LOVE everything. It's impossible for a human to love everything.  I'll admit I haven't listened to their recent podcasts.  I used to listen all the time and enjoyed their humour and accents... but the constant squeeing eventually got up my nose and I stopped.

Or maybe I'm too cynical. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Maybe I've confused things by saying something about real story.  I meant it's not the truth.  You can't LOVE everything. It's impossible for a human to love everything.  I'll admit I haven't listened to their recent podcasts.  I used to listen all the time and enjoyed their humour and accents... but the constant squeeing eventually got up my nose and I stopped.

Well they don't love everything.  But they do squee. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

I haven't listened so I can't really comment on content.  In general, I don't mind squeeing if I feel there's a real reason for it (even if I don't feel the same myself).   And It's fun sometimes to see someone else's enthusiasm, though it can be wearing after a while.

But I have to say that I really, *really* appreciate people who at least try to look for the good instead of just complaining about the bad.  The two review sites I used to read (both sadly defunct now) used to give nice, balanced views--so while they looked on the bright side a lot more than I did (and often pointed out good things that I missed because I was angry at something else) they also did a good job of recognizing and acknowledging things that didn't work , without being angry or bitter about them.  

• Love 2

So because I'm weird, I started googling the name of that company on Dean's coffee cups. I can't find a name of a coffee or donut place in Vancouver called Chuckwagon Donuts.  Yes it might exist and I can't find it, but sounds like one of those made up companies that SPN is so good at creating.

I'm modifying my SWAG:  I'm going with that being a bag of cronuts for Death because the label on the coffee cups is Chuckwagon Donuts.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

Maybe "God" is diversifying into coffee shops with his little sister!

HA! I never made that connection. LOL Well-played!

1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

Dean looks so neat as he drinks that coffee. I still haven't mastered drinking coffee with a lid.

Jensen is so good at little things like that. Those cups are generally empty so they have no weight and you can tell when someone is fake drinking. He's pretty good about making it look like he's drinking, I presume, hot coffee.

That said, someone really needs to have Jensen tone down his not looking at the road whilst driving. He's getting bad about that. LOL

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

If this is current this implies they are back in the AU. Unless this is from the finale, but I'm putting it here until I figure out when this was made.

I'm thinking it's from the new season because didn't we see other scenes of Jensen in the black tee from some of the on set pics that have been coming out?  The very idea that we may get an entire scene of Jensen without 4 layers of clothing is nothing short of miraculous.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'm thinking it's from the new season because didn't we see other scenes of Jensen in the black tee from some of the on set pics that have been coming out?  The very idea that we may get an entire scene of Jensen without 4 layers of clothing is nothing short of miraculous.

You're right. Hmmm. J2 are both in black t-shirts  and jeans which is unusual for them to wear the same colors unless they are in the FBI suits or actual matching uniforms of some kind. Those set pics and vids upthread have them in a hotel called the Black Hat and the video shows that cool looking black car. Maybe they are posing as bouncers or something. Maybe that location is a portal to the AU?

Or... they could simply be in a single layer because they are between takes and it's hot as shit?  

Plus, it could be a flashback to the missing periods of time we didn't see (when they convinced AU Bobby to let them use the gun).  So, filmed this season, took place last season. See black t-shirts... way under there.... it's more visible in individual pics but I this shows them both. 

RZO9NCf.jpg

• Love 3

Well, we know the story picks right up where they left off last season, including the same clothing, so this particular video could be from then or now.  Since it's coming out now, I'd lean more toward it being recent, but I don't suppose it makes much difference.

• Love 3

I am wondering when Missouri returns, if we learn that Mary had ran into her when she was off on her own in early S12, didn't she say she went back and followed John's footsteps. Still wondering why Mary doesn't remember being a spirit in Home, or is what Missouri said in Home not accurate? I am so expecting Missouri is going to die, because her granddaughter needs to be an orphan like all the other characters. 

• Love 3
On 8/4/2017 at 9:15 AM, catrox14 said:

HA! I never made that connection. LOL Well-played!

Jensen is so good at little things like that. Those cups are generally empty so they have no weight and you can tell when someone is fake drinking. He's pretty good about making it look like he's drinking, I presume, hot coffee.

I always wonder why someone hasn't invented weighted cups for actors to use. It's one of those little things that irritates me.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

I am wondering when Missouri returns, if we learn that Mary had ran into her when she was off on her own in early S12, didn't she say she went back and followed John's footsteps. Still wondering why Mary doesn't remember being a spirit in Home, or is what Missouri said in Home not accurate? I am so expecting Missouri is going to die, because her granddaughter needs to be an orphan like all the other characters. 

I think it was said we meet up with Missouri in EP 3. I agree that Missouri will most likely end up dead at some point. In fact, I'm envisioning we don't actually meet Missouri, but her death causes Sam and Dean to come investigate and that's when we meet her granddaughter.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I think it was said we meet up with Missouri in EP 3. I agree that Missouri will most likely end up dead at some point. In fact, I'm envisioning we don't actually meet Missouri, but her death causes Sam and Dean to come investigate and that's when we meet her granddaughter.

I would think if they are spending the cash on Lorretta Devine, they'd have more than her ghost.  Too good of an opportunity.  But I also really like the idea of Mary having met her.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SueB said:

I would think if they are spending the cash on Lorretta Devine, they'd have more than her ghost

Do we know if they're getting Loretta Devine or if they recast the role? I wonder if they couldn't get her, so they went the already dead route?

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Do we know if they're getting Loretta Devine or if they recast the role? I wonder if they couldn't get her, so they went the already dead route?

I would hope that since they mentioned her specifically, they actually got the same actress, but you never know with this show.  They made a big deal about bringing Aaron Glass back, and he was in the scene for all of 3 seconds.  I think Missouri is an intriguing character, so I'd like to see her come back.  I'd be curious what her take would be on Sam and Dean now, and just how much she would know about their lives at this point.

Mary certainly could have sought her out when re-tracing John's past through his journal, but if she had, it would have been nice to have that come up in conversation somewhere last season.  So many missed opportunities with regard to Mary and her return.  I was looking forward to her slow discovery of just who her sons were, and it would also have given us a nostalgic look back on the past 12 years.  Mary could have also filled in some of the gaps about what happened after John was brought back.  I expected her return to be much more emotional than it was.

• Love 6

I think it was said we meet up with Missouri in EP 3. I agree that Missouri will most likely end up dead at some point. 

Don`t give me hope. Sigh.

I`m on the pessimistic train. She is probably gonna live.   

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

If IMDB is accurate, which it may not be, she is listed for 13.01. I think they might her back, but also kill her off as a way to motivate her granddaughter to do something with the Wayward Sisters. Also, I really dislike  the name change. It doesn't flow like Wayward Daughters. Doesn't match with Wayward Sons. I wonder who pushed that change.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

If IMDB is accurate, which it may not be, she is listed for 13.01. I think they might her back, but also kill her off as a way to motivate her granddaughter to do something with the Wayward Sisters. Also, I really dislike  the name change. It doesn't flow like Wayward Daughters. Doesn't match with Wayward Sons. I wonder who pushed that change.

Yeah, I don't get the name change either.

So, if they got Loretta Devine back and want to make the most of it, maybe they'll kill her later when they do the Wayward Sisters stuff at mid-season? Maybe they'll surprise me and not kill her at all, though.

Gee, I wish I could feel more excited.  All these speculations are so dull sounding.  

Couldn't the tapeball turn evil or something?  That would be different.

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Maybe they were worried about age differences between Jody/Donna and the rest of the girls:  that it would seem like the younger ones were the "daughters".  Making the whole thing "sisters" would imply that there isn't that big an age gap, and Jody and Donna are just the big sisters instead of parental figures.   (I know, they don't give fans enough credit, but maybe they were worried about attracting a new, younger crowd who didn't already know about "Wayward Sons," so this would put all the women on the same level.)  

Edited by ahrtee
13 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Yeah, I don't get the name change either.

So, if they got Loretta Devine back and want to make the most of it, maybe they'll kill her later when they do the Wayward Sisters stuff at mid-season? Maybe they'll surprise me and not kill her at all, though.

But didn't the press release say Patience is estranged from her grandmother Missouri. So killing her wouldn't really effect Patience at all, she was barely close to her. Killing off Patience's mother or father would impact her much more. So maybe she doesn't die. But I think she will.

3 minutes ago, nightwing877 said:

But didn't the press release say Patience is estranged from her grandmother Missouri. So killing her wouldn't really effect Patience at all, she was barely close to her. Killing off Patience's mother or father would impact her much more. So maybe she doesn't die. But I think she will.

It could be Patience will feel guilty over the estrangement after her grandmother is dead, or there is some SECRET why they were estranged? There's lots of ways they can have her death be effect Patience if they want it to. 

• Love 1