Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Way to devaluate Michael as ans kind of threat then. In this chick, he easily beat their asses but in Dean, he can do nothing? And Sam has god-like powers? Of course now it's gonna happen. Groan. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 5

The most awesome thing would be if it turned out that Dean suspected something was going on, and TFW had made a contingency plan specifically for this scenario - so that Sam and Cas are implementing Dean's plan in cuffing Michael. But I don't think that's what is going on.

• Love 6

They said in The Spear who had and/or was working on the cuffs. Anyone recall?

Yeah, Sam said that the "angel cuffs" Bobby had been working on might be promising. They brought them with to the plaza so obviously they have them. However, Michael should know this as Dean did know this. And what, do they jump at him and simply slap the cuffs on while Michael stands still and then jump back? Do they say "hey, look behind you" and then Michael looks and they slap the cuffs on? Do they throw them into the air and they magically cuff Michael? No version of this is even slightly plausible. But I fear something like this is gonna happen.

This is like in the Season 13 Finale when they poured a holy oil fire in front of him and it stopped him. It wasn`t a ring, it was just a fire in front of him. He could have moved two steps to the side and went around it.

Michael could turn them all into gingerbread cookies if he wanted to. How do they get the drop on him? And he doesn`t even seem angry but is all smiles as their "captive". And what is with his "tonight, everybody dies"? Why tonight? I thought the snap activated his monsters. I get that it`s probably gonna be the timetable for the episode but still, huh?

And what is that female voice that says "don`t go in there alone? I can`t place it. It`s not the IceQueen who, to the surprise of noone, can`t make the time for her son again.  

P.S.:  Now I want Michael to turn them into gingerbread cookies. Just because. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

However, Michael should know this as Dean did know this.

I'm guessing that Michael knows a lot of things. He definitely knows about what happened at the end of season 10 for example, and how Sam was laser focused on getting the mark off of Dean despite the potential risks.

As some others upthread I think also postulated, my guess is that Michael lets them cuff him... just like he let them do pretty much everything. If snapping his fingers sets the rest of his plan in motion, and Sam and Castiel spending time trying to save Dean takes them out of that fight and out of trying to find a more permanent solution to his super monsters, then I can see Michael being all for that. Let Sam and Castiel waste time trying their silly methods. What does Michael have to lose? Apparently he can leave and return to Dean any time he wants, so if anything Sam and Castiel try starts to look promising, he can try to fly the coop or threaten to kill Dean from the inside... or worse threaten to turn him into a drooling mess, maybe one who can't be fixed or die (so Dean would be trapped in his body and couldn't be resurrected.)

It's like the awful but effective strategy of some snipers. Kill someone and you've got a dead someone. Wound someone and wait for others to try to help that someone and wound them and now you've not only got a bunch of downed people, but resources and time will be spent trying to save and fix/cure those wounded people. Even better if at least some of those people are wounded enough that they are crying out, making it difficult for the rest to ignore them and walk away.

If Michael popped himself away in Dean's body, Sam and Castiel would be upset, but there would be the temptation for them to go fight against Michael's army plan first since that's potentially right there... and then go back and try to help Dean get rid of Michael. Or they might reason that Dean will fight him again from the inside and Dean would want them to go save everyone else, so they'll do that first. However with Dean right in front of them possessed by Michael but with maybe a chance of helping him, it would be much harder for them to ignore that... like ignoring a wounded soldier crying out for help. You might know it's a trap / distraction, but it might not be so easy to ignore anyway.

Now whether Michael underestimates what Sam and Castiel can do is another thing altogether, but on its face, I think Michael letting himself get captured and distracting Sam and Castiel while the rest of his plan plays out is a decent strategy.

The one thing Michael should have done though - and I'll be impressed if we find out this ends up being the case - was have his monster army wear some kind of protection around their necks, making it almost impossible to chop their heads off and kill them. Letting the "news" spread around that they have to be decapitated and then taking away that option would be a brilliant strategy. If that were the case though, I would expect that most of the hunters would get obliterated, and that would leave a lot of potential death and destruction (due to civilian casualties, too) and I don't know whether the writers would do that with Dean being peripherally involved.

• Love 5

So when Castiel mind melded with Dean in The Scar he didn't sense anything amiss.  But when the djinn did essentially the same thing later he was horrified by what he saw...presumably Backdoor Michael.  Is this a continuity error or is there going to be some big reveal like Castiel and Sam hatched an elaborate plan to trap Michael by using Dean...no that's ridiculous.  Any guesses?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

is there going to be some big reveal like Castiel and Sam hatched an elaborate plan to trap Michael by using Dean...no that's ridiculous.

Sounds helluva more interesting than what's been written so far!

• Love 2

Casseiopeia,  assuming that this isn’t a continuity error (and that’s a huge assumption with this show), I’m gonna go with Michael assuming that Cas would try something along those lines and basically shielding himself against Castiel . He’s clearly stronger than Cas and I wouldn’t have any problem with his being able to hide. With the Djinn, Michael might want him to be aware that a tie was still there. 

OTOH, never bet against stupid writing on this show. 🥴

Aeryn, I also want to know who says “Don’t go in alone.” 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

Casseiopeia,  assuming that this isn’t a continuity error (and that’s a huge assumption with this show), I’m gonna go with Michael assuming that Cas would try something along those lines and basically shielding himself against Castiel . He’s clearly stronger than Cas and I wouldn’t have any problem with his being able to hide. With the Djinn, Michael might want him to be aware that a tie was still there. 

OTOH, never bet against stupid writing on this show. 🥴

Aeryn, I also want to know who says “Don’t go in alone.” 

Patience? or Kaia? I'm going to guess one of the WS.

• Love 1

JDM was co-hosting with Kelly this morning on (is it now called Kelly & Ryan?  they keep changing it).  He mentioned yesterday that he had a couple of days filming Supernatural in Vancouver.  He gave a nice little plug for the show making it to 300 episodes.  

Personally I was thrilled to see him get the co-hosting gig.  He's SUCH A NICE MAN.  Seriously.  It's shocking how kind and gentle he is in person. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

My only concern with JDM cohosting is whether he can stop cursing!

If I had to be in the same room with Ripa (never mind be nice to her) I'd never stop cursing. Blech. I love that JDM is so loyal to the show and the boys.

• Love 3
On 12/19/2018 at 7:11 PM, SueB said:

JDM was co-hosting with Kelly this morning on (is it now called Kelly & Ryan?  they keep changing it).  He mentioned yesterday that he had a couple of days filming Supernatural in Vancouver.  He gave a nice little plug for the show making it to 300 episodes.  

Personally I was thrilled to see him get the co-hosting gig.  He's SUCH A NICE MAN.  Seriously.  It's shocking how kind and gentle he is in person. 

Yes I finally saw it--trying to see if it gives us a clue on what John and JDM will be doing for the 300th.  One clue is he starts to explain "I just went back, i'm doing a little..." then changes his sentence.  Wonder if he meant cameo?  He didn't mean show because he was already referring he was back.  We know he films for just a couple of days and that the episode is mostly about Lebanon--so it won't be all about John.

So I wonder how substantial it will be.  Since JDM filmed for a couple of days it should be at least something more than a quick cameo.   Another clue is how JDM looks--he just came from filming SPN...he has a close cropped haircut and mostly grey beard...so he definitely looks different and older than he did over a decade ago(though still good looking).  So it doesn't seem like it will be a flashback to past John.

It seems John will have to be alive somewhere, somehow where he's aged like everyone else and looks different with the hair and everything.   And since he's only there for ONE episode--it has to be were he either communicates thru another realm but can't reach where Dean and Sam are OR is there in our realm but can't stay for some reason.  MY HOPE is this is a teaser for a full JOHN RETURN at the series finale.

One last thing--at the end of November someone asked JDM on twitter if he'd ever return to SPN...he gave quick answer saying YES if the story was good.  By this time JDM knew the story and knew he was back on SPN...so JDM is back and the story was good enough to get him back.  So we'll see what that story is soon.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 2

I'm going to be annoyed if it just winds up being a cameo; I don't necessarily need John back in the first place, but if they're going to bother, they should commit to it.

I don't think they will necessarily take his aging into account - they didn't with Mary, who should have come back looking physically younger than Sam and Dean. I guess they're taking artistic license. 

• Love 1

Since it's a single episode, it's not like he's going to stay around.  So, I also expect one or two scenes.  Doesn't mean they won't be meaningful.  In fact, I suspect they will be VERY important for the boys. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Is it wrong that I fantasize it will be a Very Special Episode in which John and Mary sit Dean down and gently tell him how he was adopted before f**king off forever?

lol.  It's not *wrong*, per se.....  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Is it wrong that I fantasize it will be a Very Special Episode in which John and Mary sit Dean down and gently tell him how he was adopted before f**king off forever?

Well you can fantasize as you wish--I personally couldn't disagree more.   Love John and despite John's faults, so does Dean and John in his imperfect way loved his 2 kids.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1
On 12/23/2018 at 5:29 PM, companionenvy said:

I'm going to be annoyed if it just winds up being a cameo; I don't necessarily need John back in the first place, but if they're going to bother, they should commit to it.

I don't think they will necessarily take his aging into account - they didn't with Mary, who should have come back looking physically younger than Sam and Dean. I guess they're taking artistic license. 

Well with Mary she was frozen in time in Heaven and as a Ghost before...So the boys aged 20 some years whereas she didn't AND Mary didn't look much different in age or look from the pilot.  JDM's look to me definitely not like he was frozen in time.  So don't think he could be past John or John somewhere in Heaven.

About if it's a cameo--I think it will be short BUT a bit MORE than a cameo.  I have a feeling it will be impactful like Sue thinks since I don't think JDM would do it otherwise.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, SueB said:

Since it's a single episode, it's not like he's going to stay around.  So, I also expect one or two scenes.  Doesn't mean they won't be meaningful.  In fact, I suspect they will be VERY important for the boys. 

The only spoilers I have heard are those involving scenes with John and sam ( where sam gets closure with his dad which I agree will be very important for sam) and John and Mary. 

Edited by devlin
Unintentionally being bitter
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, devlin said:

The only spoilers I have heard are those involving scenes with John and sam ( where sam gets closure with his dad which I agree will be very important for sam) and John and Mary. 

We have got nothing DEFINITIVE about the John scenes and nothing that says Dean is not a part of it.

• Love 2

And nothing says that Dean is, either. I’ll be pleased if the article was incomplete, but usually if the promotional material gives us no info on Dean, it’s because there really isn’t anything to talk about, not because it’s too secret to mention. 

Edited by Lemuria
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Jakes said:

Well you can fantasize as you wish--I personally couldn't disagree more.   Love John and despite John's faults, so does Dean and John in his imperfect way loved his 2 kids.

Thanks for the permission :)

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

And nothing says that Dean is, either. I’ll be pleased if the article was incomplete, but usually if the promotional material gives us no info on Dean, it’s because there really isn’t anything to talk about, not because it’s too secret to mention. 

Which specific article are you talking about?  I will add this--tons of promotional stuff is incomplete.  And I will friendly bet anyone--Dean will be part of John coming back not just Sam.

4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Thanks for the permission :)

You got it!  LOL  

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Well, neither one of them have green eyes... so... 

That would be a good theory if genetics for eyes actually worked that way (sorry, they don't).  So, I'm gonna have to go with not relevant.  

But as far as the JDM appearing, I hope the Sam story is true.  I think that would be good to see.  Das if Dean doesn't get some closure and finally believes that his father is proud of him and loves him.  Hell, I wish that for both the boys.  Alternatively, maybe we'll get some angsty!Dean, which I'll not say no to.  :)     

I can hope that perhaps John's appearance will be to put his soul to rest.  After he climbed out of the Devil's Gate, there really wasn't anything specified about where he would go.  Dean got to Heaven after his tour in Hell because of Chuck, so doesn't sound like John automatically went to Heaven simply because of escaping Hell.  Ash said, he couldn't find John or Mary in all his wanderings in Heaven.  So maybe John is just wandering around the Veil, or Earth.  Of course, then there's the vengeful spirit problem, but his anger was at Azazel who was killed then.  Item he might be connected  to since we know he had a Hunter's Funeral, his journal.  But then again, would he be connected to something that contained so much of his grief about Mary (this speculation based on the "John's Journal" book put out a few years ago which was really a grief journal).  All of the items they've referred to regarding ghosts that I can think of either had a pleasant association -- Kevin's father's ring -- or was somewhat everyday and innocuous -- Jordan's keys ("Mint Condition").  Sooooo, maybe this is something about actually putting John to rest.

But, eh, late night boredom ramblings.  There you are.

Edited by Cambion
because this thing is wonky and wouldn't let me finish my post gah!!
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Cambion said:

That would be a good theory if genetics for eyes actually worked that way (sorry, they don't).  So, I'm gonna have to go with not relevant.  

But as far as the JDM appearing, I hope the Sam story is true.  I think that would be good to see.  Das if Dean doesn't get some closure and finally believes that his father is proud of him and loves him.  Hell, I wish that for both the boys.  Alternatively, maybe we'll get some angsty!Dean, which I'll not say no to.  :)     

I can hope that perhaps John's appearance will be to put his soul to rest.  After he climbed out of the Devil's Gate, there really wasn't anything specified about where he would go.  Dean got to Heaven after his tour in Hell because of Chuck, so doesn't sound like John automatically went to Heaven simply because of escaping Hell.  Ash said, he couldn't find John or Mary in all his wanderings in Heaven.  So maybe John is just wandering around the Veil, or Earth.  Of course, then there's the vengeful spirit problem, but his anger was at Azazel who was killed then.  Item he might be connected  to since we know he had a Hunter's Funeral, his journal.  But then again, would he be connected to something that contained so much of his grief about Mary (this speculation based on the "John's Journal" book put out a few years ago which was really a grief journal).  All of the items they've referred to regarding ghosts that I can think of either had a pleasant association -- Kevin's father's ring -- or was somewhat everyday and innocuous -- Jordan's keys ("Mint Condition").  Sooooo, maybe this is something about actually putting John to rest.

But, eh, late night boredom ramblings.  There you are.

Some good interesting thoughts!

Pondering how they get the cuffs on....   It seems to me their best shot is Jack.  Michael already indicated he wants Jack to stay around.  IMO he already proved he couldn't take Jack as a vessel because I believe that was Michael's grace (not Gabriel's) that Jack tried to injest.  That's why there was the fuzzy eyes in that episode on Dean.  And Jack got worse.  It means now Michael will have to wait for Jack to heal naturally (in a 100 years or so... or less...) for him to be powerful again.  But Michael made it clear that both he and Jack are on a different power scale than the rest of the universe.  And he seems to want the company. Maybe he wants his own "son".  

So, Michael will try to avoid killing Jack.  Maybe he's hoping with a few millenia, Jack will come around.  He clearly underestimates the Winchesters.  I think Michael knew Dean was always going to be a 'casualty' for his plans, but he may avoid killing the remaining two dads to avoid further alienating Jack.  

So, if TFW 2.0 were smart, they gave the cuffs to Jack as he has a better chance of not getting immediately killed.  And that may also be why Michael lets himself get captured (regardless of who is putting on the cuffs).  Michael is playing a long LONG game.  He's got all the time in the world.  So he'll let them try to reach Dean, again, and then (in his mind), TFW will be utterly crushed as well without making Jack unrecoverable.  

Because ultimately, a powerful Jack as his ally is a much better answer than a powerful Jack as his enemy. And a dead Jack is a waste of potential talent. 

It's stupid, of course.  Jack is too much a Winchester now.  And Michael has NEVER understood the boys.  Michael would be much better off killing Jack immediately before he regained his strength and killing Sam & Cas as well.  But it's his arrogance that will undermine him IMO.

• Love 2

If John has to come back now, as opposed to when the series ends, then I'm hoping it's something along the lines of WIAWSNB.  Let Sam have his look at what might have been with John, if they hadn't been at odds all of the time. 

I personally don't feel that Dean has unfinished business with his father.  John acknowledged that he'd pushed him too hard, and made him grow up too fast.  He had a chance to apologize to Dean and to tell him how proud of him he was before he died.  Dean knows why John was the way he was, and he's already had his closure with Mary.  I don't think that Dean has any burning desire, or need, to tell his father off at this point.  

My only concern is that I thought I read that Mary actually gets to see him, so that would probably mean he comes back to real time.  Oh well...

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

If John has to come back now, as opposed to when the series ends, then I'm hoping it's something along the lines of WIAWSNB.  Let Sam have his look at what might have been with John, if they hadn't been at odds all of the time. 

I personally don't feel that Dean has unfinished business with his father.  John acknowledged that he'd pushed him too hard, and made him grow up too fast.  He had a chance to apologize to Dean and to tell him how proud of him he was before he died.  

I would agree with this if not for the scene in Dream A Little Dream when he unloaded about how he didn’t deserve all of the pressure put on him because of Johns issues. Plus there was his anger from being told to save Sam or kill him. I personally don’t think that all of Dean’s issues with John were resolved after his apology but I can see why others would feel differently.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I would agree with this if not for the scene in Dream A Little Dream when he unloaded about how he didn’t deserve all of the pressure put on him because of Johns issues. Plus there was his anger from being told to save Sam or kill him. I personally don’t think that all of Dean’s issues with John were resolved after his apology but I can see why others would feel differently.

I'm sure their issues aren't 100%  resolved, but a lot of time has gone by.  Dean is a grown man now, and I don't think he's carries all of that anger and resentment with him anymore.  IMO, Sam's issues are more from the guilt he feels, thinking that his father died believing that Sam hated him.  I personally don't believe that John did feel that way, and really don't have any burning desire to have him come back.  I like JDM just fine, but they've brought back so many characters lately that it doesn't feel particularly special to me to have John come back now.  It seems like more of a gimmick to me.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'm sure their issues aren't 100%  resolved, but a lot of time has gone by.  Dean is a grown man now, and I don't think he's carries all of that anger and resentment with him anymore.  IMO, Sam's issues are more from the guilt he feels, thinking that his father died believing that Sam hated him.  I personally don't believe that John did feel that way, and really don't have any burning desire to have him come back.  I like JDM just fine, but they've brought back so many characters lately that it doesn't feel particularly special to me to have John come back now.  It seems like more of a gimmick to me.

I was interested in seeing what the relationship would be like when they brought Mary back and I’ve been hugely disappointed with what they’ve done with her character. I’m afraid that they’ll do the same with John.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Dean is a grown man now, and I don't think he's carries all of that anger and resentment with him anymore. 

He clearly resented Mary according to 12.22.  He slightly defended John's position because of Mary's choices.  That said,  I agree with @DeeDee79 that he should have unresolved stuff with John.  The damage John did lives on.  I'll be massively disappointed if Dean doesn't at least get a moment with John to speak his mind.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

I personally don't feel that Dean has unfinished business with his father.  John acknowledged that he'd pushed him too hard, and made him grow up too fast.  He had a chance to apologize to Dean and to tell him how proud of him he was before he died.  Dean knows why John was the way he was, and he's already had his closure with Mary.  I don't think that Dean has any burning desire, or need, to tell his father off at this point.  

My only concern is that I thought I read that Mary actually gets to see him, so that would probably mean he comes back to real time.  Oh well...

If the 300th ep is a sam focussed au scenario, I am done.

Edited by devlin
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Yes, the 300th ep should actually focus in both brothers.

I wasn't even thinking about this being the 300th episode.  I agree it should be about both brothers.  That makes me even less interested in having John Winchester come back.  Maybe they'll surprise me, but I just don't see how this works if John comes back in real time.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Yes, the 300th ep should actually focus in both brothers.

And on their heroism and badassery. What I don't want is either of them being diminished or ridiculed to the benefit of this regime's pets. And yeah I'm gonna say it, especially Dean, as is their wont these days. 

• Love 11

Wonder if they'll dye JDM's beard?

It's just a nod to fans and the fact that all three J's are good friends.  I doubt Dabb & Co will give much deep thought to the shared tragedy and emotional history of father and sons. 

Maybe Spook John will assist with getting Dean back into the bod?  But it'll be fun if Michael is still inside Dean and tells his father a few home truths.  He's got all Dean's memories and grievances at his disposal.  I'd like Michael to have a go at aloof goof Mary as well.  It'll be such fun and Jensen would rock it.

But likely John's return will be soapy and hugs all round.  Otherwise twitter fans will riot.

At least have John admit he's proud of his boys.

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 5

This is from The Song Remains the Same - Sam's dialogue. This is generally what I think we will get in the 300th with he and John. Not sure about Dean. 

And he was trying to keep it together in—in—in this impossible situation. See... My mom, um... She was amazing, beautiful, and she was the love of his life. And she got killed. And...I think he would have gone crazy if he didn't do something. Truth is, um, my dad died before I got to tell him that I understand why he did what he did. And I forgive him for what it did to us. I do. And I just—I love him.

• Love 1

Maybe Spook John will assist with getting Dean back into the bod?

I think the trailer for episode 10 pretty much gives it away that Dean kicks out Michael by the end of it. No way this intermezzo lasts longer than episode 10 anyway. 

• Love 3

We know that the 300th contains time travel, and past guest stars.  We know that both Mary and Sam interact with John.  Not even a mention of Dean.  And that we see how the towns people see Sam and Dean.

So I wonder if this is a "this is your life Sam Winchester" episode and Dean has to perform a spell to save them or something so he goes around town getting ingredients and this is when we see how the towns people view them. 

I'm not looking forward to the town's peoples opinion because I have a feeling I know what they are.

There was also the Jax con afternoon panel.  Someone asked how their life's would have been different if John died instead of Mary.  Jared said something about maybe we'll find out and Jensen's reactions could be interpreted as "shut up"  That would be an interesting concept but im not sure how the towns people would fit in.

Edited by ILoveReading