Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SueB said:

Just a comment about the SDCC footage. Too long comment about sweat equity to get to see the exclusive but - it's a scene, not a sizzler.  I think that makes a difference.

I didn't see it pre-edit, but I am completely on board with the attendees getting an exclusive, first-look clip (or anything else they get). But I also think that after a week or two, that could and should expire, especially amidst the pretty much complete lack of anything else to build excitement for the new season. As @ILoveReading said, Lucifer and many other shows I watch are doing it. We live in the time of complete season releases of new shows on Netflix, and they still get eyeballs. A clip of one of the most exciting things to happen to SPN in years could only help, IMO.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Only spoilery thing I saw this week was Supernatural is filming a Halloween-themed episode, which I think could be kind of fun. And obviously with Jared being clean-shaven we know Dean is back by episode 4.

Or Sam was able to break out of his funk a bit or got a moment to shave?  

55 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Isn't that the truth!  There aren't any real teasers (especially where the Winchesters are concerned), no fan videos of filming in VC, nothing really from the convention.  No one seems all that enthused about Season 14 and it's less than 2 months away.

I'm enthused.  I think they don't want to give much away.  Jared's cagey answer with Lynn indicates they are keeping secrets.  I DO think we'll get more hints before the season premier. Especially with Ruth up there in about 3 weeks.

15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I didn't see it pre-edit, but I am completely on board with the attendees getting an exclusive, first-look clip (or anything else they get). But I also think that after a week or two, that could and should expire, especially amidst the pretty much complete lack of anything else to build excitement for the new season. As @ILoveReading said, Lucifer and many other shows I watch are doing it. We live in the time of complete season releases of new shows on Netflix, and they still get eyeballs. A clip of one of the most exciting things to happen to SPN in years could only help, IMO.

What they really need is a sizzler.  The CW has shown a complete lack of interest in promoting the series in terms of anything that costs money (like a sizzler reel).  Instead, I suspect we'll get a "Shaving People, Punting Things" video in mid to late September.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Only spoilery thing I saw this week was Supernatural is filming a Halloween-themed episode, which I think could be kind of fun. And obviously with Jared being clean-shaven we know Dean is back by episode 4.

Since the season doesn't start till Oct. 11 and Halloween is less than 3 weeks after that, either the ep is without Dean or he's back by then.  

ETA: Or, hmmm...maybe Michael sees all the humans worshipping pagan rites and festivals and gets even madder at them. :)

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

I agree their should be perks for going, but at the same time the purpose of comic con is to promote your shows/movies and get people excited.  Should the people who got glimpses of movie trailers be the only ones to see them?  Every other CW show released new footage.  Supernatural was the only that didn't.  You want get people buzzing and talking about the upcoming season and clips and spoilers help with this. 

The people that were there still got the exclusive first look at Michael and the gag reel.  But releasing the clip can only help the show because its time to promote  the new season.

Damn f'ing straight.  They got the perk. It's been a month and the rest of fandom deserves at LEAST some of that scene. 

• Love 3

Supernatural has never had much of a promotion team compared to other shows.  And we rarely have seen the boys on chat shows.  I'm hoping SPACE channel in my area will continue. CHCH channel used to flaunt the show like crazy, but then they stopped buying seasons for some reason.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Supernatural has never had much of a promotion team compared to other shows.  And we rarely have seen the boys on chat shows.  I'm hoping SPACE channel in my area will continue. CHCH channel used to flaunt the show like crazy, but then they stopped buying seasons for some reason.

The CW relies on internet promotion for Supernatural.  We need a Shaving People or something.  Add Dean/Michael's short SDCC scene to it.  SOMETHING! 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I think they're posing as comic book nerds.

I may have limited exposure - with my experience being mostly from about 15 years of Dragon*Con - but I think they are doing it wrong. ; )

Edited to add: Let's hope the pens don't mean that Sam is supposed to be an illustrator of some sort. I'm imagining someone asking him to sketch a little something and recalling his "sketch artist" rendition from "Bedtime Stories."

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

I may have limited exposure - with my experience being mostly from about 15 years of Dragon*Con - but I think they are doing it wrong. ; )

I agree.  In my experience comic book enthusiast are just like regular people, but Dabb does love his stereotypes. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I agree.  In my experience comic book enthusiast are just like regular people, but Dabb does love his stereotypes. 

And as usual what Dabb loves, I absolutely hate. *sigh*

I'm also not a fan of short sleeved dress shirt Dean. T-shirts would be way better for both me and the stereotypes.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I could buy the khaki, short sleeved dress shirt as some kind of inspector - but what is there to inspect at a comic store? 

Yeah, the pocket protector is straight-up nerd trope (nerd, not geek). The short sleeves and tie also lean toward nerd-dom. Neither screams comic book nerd to me. 

• Love 2

The Supernatural wardrobe department sucks.  The 5% of time they're not in 4 layers of plaid, throw us a bone.  These are good-looking guys with great bodies.  The summer in BC has been hot - can't we have at least one scene where they're in t-shirts with slogans like the rest of the world? :)

17 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Dabb does love his stereotypes. 

Ain't that the truth!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

No idea if this is a joke or a spoiler

Honestly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Dean died ....again. He died in 13.5 until Billie decided he couldn't remain dead. 

• Love 2

They filmed an episode that deals with Dean's favorite horror movie. 

Sam had a beard for a hot minute. 

Jared's favorite Sam hair season is s14, ep 1,2,3. (I'm guessing he was referring to the beard.

More proof Dean is back.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3
On 8/24/2018 at 4:28 PM, AwesomO4000 said:

Edited to add: Let's hope the pens don't mean that Sam is supposed to be an illustrator of some sort. I'm imagining someone asking him to sketch a little something and recalling his "sketch artist" rendition from "Bedtime Stories."

I’ll be at dragoncon! Does anyone go to the supernatural fan panel?

Horror movie icons:

1. Jason
  2. Freddy
  3. Michael

Are the big 3. All 3 could really fit.   If they want to make a Friday the 13th reference since Jared was in that they might have Friday the 13 be Dean's favorite movie.   Or they could use Freddy to make a Dr. Robert reference and Michael could be used to bring up unpleasant memories for Dean with the name and its supposed to be a Halloween themed episodes so I would probably have Michael as the front runner. 

As for Mint Conditions that could apply to cars, but I don't see Dean loving a movie about a car being possessed and the guy having to destroy it.  That would be more of a nightmare for Dean.  It also applies to comic books, and they were filming in a comic book store. 

Or and my guess is that it applies to Dean.  Back "good as new" after the Michael possession. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1

There is a tidbit from Ausiello at TVLine today which me thinks it is POSSIBLE(just possible) that Dean might not totally be free of Michael by episode 4--as SEEMS to be the case.  I could totally be wrong here and i'm just spitballing but here is the crucial part:

After Jared says he and Jensen haven't done any filming together early in the season, someone asked Dabb about that, "Some of that is because without a lot of backup, putting Sam in a room with Michael is going to only end one way, with Michael as powerful as he is.  Certainly over the first half of the season there's going to be a lot more Michael/Sam interaction.  But in the first few episodes, Michael--and by extension Dean--are kind of off in a little bit of their own story."

Just a guess from this quote is we MAY have a variation of Gadreel/Sam where somehow from some SPN hocus pocus magic, Team Free Will 2.0 find a way to at least temporarily neutralize Michael giving Dean back control in episode 4.  Then they'd have find a permanent way to throw Michael out of Dean--say like in episode 6.  So this gives brother interaction by 4 but we could have Michael still bubbling to the surface in Dean for a while until they finally boot him out.  By saying over the first half of the season we get a lot more Michael/Sam interaction--where it would be safe for Sam...perhaps they neutralize Michael a bit in Dean so Sam can interact with his brother and Michael safely for a while before Dean is totally free of Michael.  

So just a possibility or maybe some close variation of this.  Could be totally wrong and maybe Dabb was being inexact--but i'll throw this out as a possibility.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Jakes said:

There is a tidbit from Ausiello at TVLine today which me thinks it is POSSIBLE(just possible) that Dean might not totally be free of Michael by episode 4--as SEEMS to be the case.  I could totally be wrong here and i'm just spitballing but here is the crucial part:

After Jared says he and Jensen haven't done any filming together early in the season, someone asked Dabb about that, "Some of that is because without a lot of backup, putting Sam in a room with Michael is going to only end one way, with Michael as powerful as he is.  Certainly over the first half of the season there's going to be a lot more Michael/Sam interaction.  But in the first few episodes, Michael--and by extension Dean--are kind of off in a little bit of their own story."

Just a guess from this quote is we MAY have a variation of Gadreel/Sam where somehow from some SPN hocus pocus magic, Team Free Will 2.0 find a way to at least temporarily neutralize Michael giving Dean back control in episode 4.  Then they'd have find a permanent way to throw Michael out of Dean--say like in episode 6.  So this gives brother interaction by 4 but we could have Michael still bubbling to the surface in Dean for a while until they finally boot him out.  By saying over the first half of the season we get a lot more Michael/Sam interaction--where it would be safe for Sam...perhaps they neutralize Michael a bit in Dean so Sam can interact with his brother and Michael safely for a while before Dean is totally free of Michael.  

So just a possibility or maybe some close variation of this.  Could be totally wrong and maybe Dabb was being inexact--but i'll throw this out as a possibility.

WAT. So Dean is confirmed to be back by episode 3/4, but there's going to be more Michael/Sam interaction beyond that? And flashbacks as well? WAT. I'm starting to think (and, dare I say, hope!) that Michael is not cast out of Dean, and that Sam and co. only manage to neutralize him somehow. 

Why must you give me hope when I've almost completely resigned myself to the sanctuary of bitter pessimism?! Thanks, I guess???? lol

• Love 2

My hat is off to you pair of cockeyed optimists--but I have to admit I read that the "more Michael/Sam interaction" to refer to Sam's new position as Leader Supreme and that he leads the fight against Michael.  No Deans need apply.

• Love 7

Honestly, it would be kind of weird if they don`t even have interaction in the episode where Dean gets back to being Dean. Does he just randomely get de-possessed and walk back into the bunker? That would be ludicrous. At least one scene of interaction would happen IMO.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

It could easily mean Michael hops back into another vessel and that is when the interaction takes place. 

But I wonder why Michael in another vessel would be less dangerous to Sam, since he's still an archangel. Dabb's comment that Dean!Michael and Sam's interaction would only end one way also applies to regular Michael as well. I feel as if Michael is neutralized somehow to make it safer for Sam to interact with him. That's admittedly an optimistic way to look at it. 

2 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

My hat is off to you pair of cockeyed optimists--but I have to admit I read that the "more Michael/Sam interaction" to refer to Sam's new position as Leader Supreme and that he leads the fight against Michael.  No Deans need apply.

Cockeyed? That's a new one....

So we're thinking that Michael hopping into another, lesser vessel makes a huge enough difference that Sam can now interact with him without it ending that "one way"? 

So we're thinking that Michael hopping into another, lesser vessel makes a huge enough difference that Sam can now interact with him without it ending that "one way"? 

No, Michael would stomp him - and any other human - even if he was wearing the milk-man but I imagine they could invent some plot reasons why he suddenly wouldn`t. I mean, they could pull the old "holy oil, ring of fire" chestnut for a short parlay but judging by Dabb`s comments, they are not doing it. That leaves Michael not killing Sam for plotonium reasons.  

If they go for Michael as "sleeper" agent, it would only work if they thought Michael was gone. I don`t think anyone, including Dean, would go on whoop-dee-doing if they thought he was just subdued, but still present. Basically Gadreel scenario, just 100 % more stupid. 

And since Jensen already spoiled flashbacks, I really can`t see: first short-time real Michael-stint, then "sleeper" and then flashbacks. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

And since Jensen already spoiled flashbacks, I really can`t see: first short-time real Michael-stint, then "sleeper" and then flashbacks. 

But if Michael!Dean had no or very limited interaction before Dean is back, what can they flash back to?  Dabb is talking out both sides of his mouth. It seems the only way there can be Sam/Michael interaction going forward is if Michael is in a different vessel.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

No, Michael would stomp him - and any other human - even if he was wearing the milk-man but I imagine they could invent some plot reasons why he suddenly wouldn`t. I mean, they could pull the old "holy oil, ring of fire" chestnut for a short parlay but judging by Dabb`s comments, they are not doing it. That leaves Michael not killing Sam for plotonium reasons.  

I agree, Michael's future interaction with Sam that somehow doesn't turn the latter into a smear on the wall is the point of contention. Either they weaken/neutralize Michael within Dean, or there's some contrived reason that Michael in a lesser vessel can't/won't kill Sam.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

It could easily mean Michael hops back into another vessel and that is when the interaction takes place. 

Christian Keyes vessel is still alive. I could see him offering to take him back to save Dean. Or Maybe he wants to be his vessel and help Michael wreak havoc and it becomes Dean deciding he should not let Michael out into a willing vessel. I would be down for that swerve.

• Love 1

The show has invented any number of scenarios in which the boys have interacted with Lucifer without winding up dead, so there's no reason they couldn't do it for Sam and Michael.

It wouldn't really make a ton of sense to respond to a question about Jared and Jensen filming together with "There will be a lot more Sam and Michael interaction" unless they meant Michael as played by Jensen.

So...sounds like Jensen and Jared haven't been filming together as much because Jensen is playing Michael, who isn't spending tons of time with Sam, but that to the extent that they are filming together, it has been primarily as Sam and Michael, and not as Sam and Dean. Which I think could be consistent with the idea that Michael generally wants to squish Sam like a bug, but that that still leaves room for  some key scenes in which they interact - maybe because Sam and Cas temporarily neutralize Michael with holy oil or something, maybe because they somehow wind up having a common goal that justifies Michael not immediately killing Sam, maybe because (as when Cas was being possessed by Lucifer) Dean has just enough control to act up when Michael threatens someone he cares about. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

It'll be freaking Mark Pellegrino. Gggrrrr. 

Not so sure about this only because Lucifer is trapped in the Nicksuit, so by that rule  no other archangel should be able to possess it. It's my only hope.

14 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Not so sure about this only because Lucifer is trapped in the Nicksuit, so by that rule  no other archangel should be able to possess it. It's my only hope.

Rules don't matter. Here is what Dabb told TVLine:

Does that mean Mark Pellegrino, the most popular actor to play Lucifer, is off the show?

Dabb: When angels and demons leave the human vessels they inhabit, the person is usually left dead. But we like Mark so much that even though Lucifer’s story is over, the actor’s story may continue.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Lucifer, is off the show?

Dabb: When angels and demons leave the human vessels they inhabit, the person is usually left dead. But we like Mark so much that even though Lucifer’s story is over, the actor’s story may

JFC. So Nick is dead dead dead really most sincerely dead yet and the Nicksuit is supposed to be the final resti g place so to speak I see no other way other than a Lucifer doppelganger from the AU to make thiswork. It certainly doesn't hlpe that I dislike the actor for ...reasons.

My last hope now is that Dabb is baiting the Mark P/Lucifer fans. I serst he'd rather write a SL for him more than J2M. Just him onto his own show and then I can avoid him .

31 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Discussion time,

Since the show loves angst will Michael kill one of Dean's loved ones and if so who?

I'd like to it to be Mary. 

Moved to BvJ just in case.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
39 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Since the show loves angst will Michael kill one of Dean's loved ones and if so who?

Taken to the "Bitch vs Jerk" thread just to be safe.

Also took my response to you over there, too, @gonzosgirrl, so it'll be where your post now is. You can unlike your like here if you want, since my comment is now there. (Clicking on the heart again will "unlike" it.)

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 1