Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Ugh.

Just what I wanted to hear about s14-Not.

I'll be okay with it if the awww Jack is sympathy for him feeling despondent and guilty for him (and everyone else) not listening to Dean in the first place. Sure, it's not 100% his fault the way things went down, but hell, they've built entire seasons around Dean feeling unnecessarily guilty, so why not? 

• Love 3
(edited)

We've already got Cas.  Why do we need Jack?  Only difference is the age?  Both have powers that come and go according to plot.  Both are TFW sympathizers.  They even look alike. Jack is extraneous now surely? 

ETA: Crowley was the fourth face on the DVD covers, but at least he was rascally and dangerous. Jack is Cas Part II.

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

We've already got Cas.  Why do we need Jack?  Only difference is the age?  Both have powers that come and go according to plot.  Both are TFW sympathizers.  They even look alike. Jack is extraneous now surely? 

Exactly.  I mean if Jack just has to wave his hand to destroy the monster hunts are going to get boring real fast.  So what do the writers do with him?  Its already firmly established he's on Team Winchester so its not like there is (or ever was) going to be a big mystery about nature vs nurture. 

Jack seems like the equivalent of Cousin Oliver.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, catrox14 said:

As long as no Lucifer.

I wouldn't place bets that MP won't be back as Luci.  The only good thing that could come out of his return is ....if they allow Jensen and Mark to duke it out again.  This time a good ol' down and dirty fist fight using whatever comes to hand (and a great classic rock music score playing in the background).  

29 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I wouldn't place bets that MP won't be back as Luci.  The only good thing that could come out of his return is ....if they allow Jensen and Mark to duke it out again.  This time a good ol' down and dirty fist fight using whatever comes to hand (and a great classic rock music score playing in the background).  

I said in another thread that I don't think Lucifef is gone yet.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Jack is extraneous now surely? 

Every character is extraneous except sam as Dean. Right now, I like him and believe he offers a lot of storytelling possibilities. But, I used to feel the same way about Cas. Now, I’m indifferent to Cas and find him dull. 

So, in his current incantation, I’m happy to have Jack stick around. I’ll see how long it lasts, but for now, I’m choosing to be optimistic. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Bessie said:

So, in his current incantation, I’m happy to have Jack stick around

I'd rather he became a bit more complex.  Maybe a darker side emerges as he ages?  I'm ok with the actor and I guess the young'uns like him.  But let's have the character stray from the sweet cinnamon path a few times.  Could be fun and his dad is a Prince of Darkness after all.

• Love 1
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Bessie said:

Every character is extraneous except sam as Dean. Right now, I like him and believe he offers a lot of storytelling possibilities. But, I used to feel the same way about Cas. Now, I’m indifferent to Cas and find him dull. 

So, in his current incantation, I’m happy to have Jack stick around. I’ll see how long it lasts, but for now, I’m choosing to be optimistic. 

I don't think every character is, or has to be, extraneous. The Banes twins for example - engaging characters with powers, but also with limitations and a very real possibility of them using the dark side of those powers as well as the good. I think they did the character (Jack) a disservice by never even hinting at him having any of his father's dark nature.

As far as Lucifer goes - yeah, I think he'll be back, and it will fall to Jack (awww, Jack) to have to hunt/kill his own father. Probably in the course of saving Dean, and defeating big, bad Michael.

And speaking of Awww, Jack - if a variation of

"It's my fault." - Jack 

"No, it's not - Dean made his own choice." - Sam

doesn't happen within the first 30 minutes of 14x01, I will eat my hat.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 6

If they don't somehow give Jack a life crisis over watching Dean and Sam kill his father, what's the point of Jack. 

And I, for one, find Cas to be so much more interesting than Jack. And when they Cas something good to do.  If they keep him interacting with Dean and Sam.  And for those that scoffed at me complaining about Jack wearing the same color scheme as Castiel, even Alex Calvert commented on it.  IMO, they don't intend to ever get rid of Jack and he will eventually become the new Cas/Lucifer in one character.  I think they will make him go dark side during his "teen angst" phase and Sam will relate to that. 

What I really hope happens is that Castiel moves Heaven and Hell to save Dean.  No, not from a Destiel POV but from the POV that Castiel has more insight into angels than anyone on the show when the show bothers to remember this about him.  Cas will arguably have his biggest mission and that is to save Dean from his eldest, most powerful brother (not Lucifer despite the terrible writing in s11 and s12 which tried to imply Lucifer is the eldest).

As to Lucifer, I won't be surprised if they show him in the Empty and that somehow he is strong enough via Jack grace to kill the Empty Keeper. Maybe Lucifer will be so angry and vengeful that he tries to take over the Empty and re do the Apocalpyse that the boys started and then averted in s5.

• Love 2

I guess I'm in the minority here.  I actually like Jack, and am glad he'll be back.  I like TFW II.  Whether they always intended to keep him around, or whether he's back because of his popularity, they're obviously going to have to come up with something to do with his powers, other than just hunt.  I would think that if Heaven is truly at risk of dying, he'd be able to help somehow.  I don't know what the plan is for him, but I enjoy his chemistry with Jensen, Jared and Misha.  And until the writers give me something else to get excited about, watching characters and actors I like is what makes the show enjoyable for me.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

ether he's back because of his popularity, they're obviously going to have to come up with something to do with his powers, other than just hunt.  

He doesn't have powers anymore though.  Lucifer took his grace. So he's a human now.

9 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

doesn't happen within the first 30 minutes of 14x01, I will eat my hat.

I have a feeling that you will be dining on said hat during the premiere.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

He doesn't have powers anymore though.  Lucifer took his grace. So he's a human now.

There was still grace left glowing in Jack's neck, so he's going to recharge. Sam confirmed it too when he said that Jack could regain his power and defeat Lucifer. I guess Jack's need to recharge will be the reason that he can't just yank Michael out of Dean in 14.01.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

There was still grace left glowing in Jack's neck, so he's going to recharge. Sam confirmed it too when he said that Jack could regain his power and defeat Lucifer. I guess Jack's need to recharge will be the reason that he can't just yank Michael out of Dean in 14.01.

Yes, Sam made it pretty clear that his grace would replenish at some point.  But I'm sure for plot purposes, it can happen quickly, or it could take all season...stay tuned!

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

But how long will that take? Lucifer's grace didn't replenish and he was futzing around with Sister Jo's grace for weeks to no avail. So if Lucifer's grace couldn't be renewed, why would Jack's?  I mean other than Weapons Grade Plotonium.

ETA: Plus Jack is half human so why would it replenish at all?

Edited by catrox14
54 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

But how long will that take? Lucifer's grace didn't replenish and he was futzing around with Sister Jo's grace for weeks to no avail. So if Lucifer's grace couldn't be renewed, why would Jack's?  I mean other than Weapons Grade Plotonium.

ETA: Plus Jack is half human so why would it replenish at all?

It was repeatedly established that both Gabriel and Lucifer would get their power back, with time. Of course, the amount of time it would take was never stated so that they could do what they pleased with the plot. I would've preferred that Jack stopped being the all-powerful Nougat Sue entirely, but since Sam outright said that Jack would recover, he probably will.

• Love 1
Just now, BabySpinach said:

It was repeatedly established that both Gabriel and Lucifer would get their power back, with time. Of course, the amount of time it would take was never stated so that they could do what they pleased with the plot. I would've preferred that Jack stopped being the all-powerful Nougat Sue entirely, but since Sam outright said that Jack would recover, he probably will.

This goes back to show vs tell in this show.  They said Lucifer would get his power back. The grace renewal was either not working, working too slowly, or they meant he would steal Jack's grace.  And the boys can be wrong too as has been shown.  So I really don't take Sam's word for it as the gospel that the show will make it happen. 

And like I said, Jack is half human so the rules might be totally different for him.  And we don't know how much grace was left in Jack. So it might never come back which is why I'm saying Plotonium will be the key.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

This goes back to show vs tell in this show.  They said Lucifer would get his power back. The grace renewal was either not working, working too slowly, or they meant he would steal Jack's grace.  And the boys can be wrong too as has been shown.  So I really don't take Sam's word for it as the gospel that the show will make it happen. 

And like I said, Jack is half human so the rules might be totally different for him.  And we don't know how much grace was left in Jack. So it might never come back which is why I'm saying Plotonium will be the key.

I, for one, hope he never regains his old strength. It might even make him *gasp* interesting and multi-dimensional! 

21 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I think Lucifer's grace did replenish, at least somewhat.  I don't know that he was continuously tapping into Sister Jo's grace once they got back to heaven.  And he was able to teleport around, which is how he dropped in on that exorcism.  Unfortunately, he was slipped an archangel mickey by Gabriel, and then was drained of grace again to open the rift, and potentially keep it open.  He then snacked on Michael's angels while in the AU, to keep himself going.  But I do think the grace replenishes, and I'm going to assume it will for Jack, as well.  Yes, he's half human, but he's also a nephilim, and haven't we been told that nephilim are even more powerful than archangels?  And Lucifer stealing Jack's grace was no surprise, really.  He wanted to be as strong as possible, and he wanted to render Jack useless, since he'd just watched him easily beat down Michael.  

• Love 1

Here's more lack of continuity on the grace and the angel blades.  

In s12, Jack's grace was golden.  It oozed out of Kelly's fingers and then drifted and served as the portal to the AU. His eyes glowed golden.  Yet, in the s13 finale, when Lucifer sliced his neck open, Jack's grace was the same whitish bluish color as all the other angels.  Why? 

And on some level I don't think Lucifer should have been able to slice open Jack's neck at all given that an angel blade didn't hurt him in the premiere.  So I put that down to Lucifer using the archangel blade.  Yet a regular angel blade was used by AU Michael and Sister Jo, to slice open Lucifer's neck to  get his grace.   So...what gives on that?

• Love 2
(edited)

SpoilerTV's tidbit on Supernatural having 20 episodes is basically confirmed by Tree Topper:

They have Jason Fischer tweeting his new white board for season 14 and on it, it shows 160 filming days.  As a lot know here a typical episode takes 8 days...Divide 160 by 8 and we got 20 episodes.   Tree Topper showed season 11 was 184 days--23 episodes, season 13 179 days--22 episodes plus Scoobynatural AND now season 14 160 days.

So it always seemed pretty certain SpoilerTV was probably correct when they showed the WB sheet with SPN having 20 episodes--now it seems a lock.  Well, it will give the boys more time off.

Edited by Jakes
(edited)

We have a day to aim for boys and girls:

Tvbythenumbers reporting Supernatural season 14 starts up on October 11.  Normally SPN has started as one of the last CW shows--this year there are 4 shows premiering first and the rest are after SPN.  20 episodes would be a factor in that.

Edited by Jakes

I think the addition of Sunday night programming has thrown all the CW norms for a loop, with established shows getting less episodes. They still have as many weeks to fill though, so I'm guessing we'll get more repeats and an extended holiday hellatus.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

Yeah but I wonder if they will cut down on the number of MOTW shows now?

I hope so TBH. I hope we see a build up to the end game SL and that it heavily features Dean and Michael as being a big part of the mytharc to the end of the series.  I know it's not a popular want but there it is. I have no desire to see the show go back to any kind of s1 dynamic.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, S Cook Productions said:

Yeah but I wonder if they will cut down on the number of MOTW shows now?

I personally hope not.  The MOTW episodes are usually some of my favorites.  I hope we still get those, and that they just tighten up the "big arc".  They normally drag on through some fairly mundane episodes, only to be quickly wrapped up in the last two weeks of the season.  

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I hope so TBH. I hope we see a build up to the end game SL and that it heavily features Dean and Michael as being a big part of the mytharc to the end of the series.  I know it's not a popular want but there it is. I have no desire to see the show go back to any kind of s1 dynamic.

I can't really agree with you here, Catrox.  The show may last for two more seasons (and possibly longer).  I personally don't want the Dean/Michael storyline to last more than a few episodes.  Unless they find a way to give us Dean and Michael, I don't want the Dean character gone for too long.  And I don't want any archangels of any kind involved in the ending of the show.  I want them all ended this season.  Based on their track record, however, I'm sure you'll get what you want in that regard.

• Love 2
(edited)

I hope they don't do fewer MOTW episodes. I love them. They are what the show was built on and those episodes usually focus the best on Dean and Sam without a bunch of other competing storylines.

I recently went back through all the seasons episodes and we have been getting fewer and fewer of the fun MOTW for several years now. In the beginning it was about 15 eps each season and now is down to about eight. I show a comparison by showrunner:

Eric Kripke - 1-5 - 63 of 104 are MOTW or 61 percent

Sera Gamble - 6-7 - 24 of 45 are MOTW or 53 percent

Jeremy Carver/Bob Singer - 8-11 - 42 of 92 are MOTW or 45 percent

Andrew Dabb/Bob Singer - 12-13 - 16 of 46 are MOTW or 35 percent

Edited by Bobcatkitten
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

hope they don't do fewer MOTW episodes. I love them. They are what the show was built on and those episodes usually focus the best on Dean and Sam without a bunch of other competing storylines.

That was the premise for telling the story about Sam and Dean. NotbSam snd Dean being used to tell MoTW stories. And it became mytharc driven with Sam and psychic kids  starting in s1. It hasn't  been solely MoTW centered since then.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

That was the premise for telling the story about Sam and Dean. NotbSam snd Dean being used to tell MoTW stories. And it became mytharc driven with Sam and psychic kids  starting in s1. It hasn't  been solely MoTW centered since then.

I know it hasn't been centered on these eps in a long time. But I still enjoy them best. And they are getting further and further away from them.

• Love 3
(edited)

WB announced it's Comic Con schedule...TVLine has it--Supernatural of course in Hall H on Sunday--Panelists J2M plus Alex, Dabb, Singer and the dreadful duo.  So looks for sure Alex will be a regular again--no surprise and I'm 100% for that!   No sign of Mark and Lucifer though OR anyone else being promoted to a regular such as Ruth.

PS--Rob and Rich are set to host the panel again...that's great, love when they do that.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Jakes said:

WB announced it's Comic Con schedule...TVLine has it--Supernatural of course in Hall H on Sunday--Panelists J2M plus Alex, Dabb, Singer and the dreadful duo.  So looks for sure Alex will be a regular again--no surprise and I'm 100% for that!   No sign of Mark and Lucifer though OR anyone else being promoted to a regular such as Ruth.

PS--Rob and Rich are set to host the panel again...that's great, love when they do that.

What day and time?

10 hours ago, Jakes said:

None of this sounds thrilling to me except the bolded part. *Fingers crossed* so much for it to be true.

(edited)
47 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Wish they allowed more questions from the audience - because Andrew is right there!  Is anyone from these boards planning on going?

Yes. Me.  I'm more likely to be able to question the writers at the Wayward Cocktail party -- half a dozen showed up when I was there last in 2015.  Dabb was not one of them and not likely to show at the party.  He's an introvert. 

In 2015, a fan asked a pointed question about Charlie's death to Jeremy Carver.  The rest of the panel backed up and appropriately thru Carver under the bus to answer the question himself.  When asking a question, there is a SDCC staff member with her foot on a switch.  If the questioner is too rude, she cuts the mike.  In the case of 2015, the question was enough to get the right reaction but the questioner had more to say about the manner of Charlie's death.  The SDCC employee cut off her mike before she could say it.  I was about 20 feet from the mike, heard her 'part 2' and saw the employee.  

So... if someone gets in line, they'll be warned not to insult the panel.  If that's what you are hoping for, it's highly unlikely no matter how many questions are asked.  Personally I never get in line for questions because you lose the ability to watch the panel from a good angle.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, SueB said:

If that's what you are hoping for,

No, I don't want anyone to insult anyone.  That's not what we fans are about.  And, TBH, the majority of fans seem fine with how things are going on the show judging by tweets, etc. 

It's just that - - it just seems not enough care is taken that what we see on screen makes sense anymore. It's like they're making it up as they go along.    I'm also wondering if the new 20 episode format might lead to a 10 episode SL, hiatus, and another different 10 episode SL.  23 episodes is a long time to drag out a SL, especially when it's not making sense.

Anyhoo.... it's great that SDCC is recorded for us.  It's usually fun. Tell us all about it.

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, SueB said:

So... if someone gets in line, they'll be warned not to insult the panel.  If that's what you are hoping for, it's highly unlikely no matter how many questions are asked.  Personally I never get in line for questions because you lose the ability to watch the panel from a good angle.  

Asking tough or pointed questions is not insulting.  If they can't handle a tough question, maybe they shouldn't be at a panel. 

Asking something like say, "What was the rationale for doing a high wire fight when the show typically doesn't over reach on those things.  And why keep it in when it took away from the fight in the end?" isn't insulting.  It's critical but not insulting.

Or maybe "Who makes the final choices as to what ends up on screen?"

Or something like "What is the process in the writing to make sure that canon lore or continuity is maintained, as it seems that in the more recent years, it's been a little more....fluid in continuity".  

Kripke took tough questions and even kind of made fun of himself at Comic Con because Swan Song ended up being more controversial/less loved than he anticipated.

Other shows panels take tough questions.  Torchwood/Russell T Davies, back in the day was hammered for a character death.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Asking tough or pointed questions is not insulting.  If they can't handle a tough question, maybe they shouldn't be at a panel.  The "off switch" is a SDCC policy, not something just for Supernatural.  I imagine it was after years of insulting questions that were posed as criticisms. What some consider "criticism" others see as "insulting".  There is no objective standard for that -- certainly not one that would be easy to develop and apply in a place like SDCC. 

Asking something like say, "What was the rationale for doing a high wire fight when the show typically doesn't over reach on those things.  And why keep it in when it took away from the fight in the end?" isn't insulting.  It's critical but not insulting. Well I would disagree on 'not insulting'. It is at least is borderline insulting IMO.  By saying "over reach" and "it took away from the fight" you are saying it was a bad execution.  That they exercised bad judgement on keeping it after filming. That's your opinion, your criticism.  But it's not objective truth. Compare that to the killing of Charlie.  That's a major plot point.  Saying "Why was it necessary to fridge the only gay character on Supernatural when we have so little representation." (or something equivalent) is asking a pointed question which indicates the person asking is unhappy with the choice but it's asking about a plot point.  Not about how well they filmed a stunt. You probably would get away with it up to saying "over reach".  I suspect the second sentence might get cut off by the SDCC employee because they may think you are winding up to make a bashing statement.  Put differently, if you slept on the hard grass all night JUST to see an hour-long Supernatural panel, do you really want to listen to some fan question the choice of stuntwork?  I wouldn't.  Key plot points, yes.  But insulting (or borderline insulting) their execution of a stunt in the finale?.... meh.  They've already received some feedback, I imagine they'll be more careful about using wire work again IF they think the complaint is valid.  

Or maybe "Who makes the final choices as to what ends up on screen?" The producers.  They've said this so many times.  Yes, the network and the censors can tweak (and they do) but after those adjustments, it's up to Dabb & Singer.  

Or something like "What is the process in the writing to make sure that canon lore or continuity is maintained, as it seems that in the more recent years, it's been a little more....fluid in continuity".  That's an insult wrapped in a question IMO.  Like no one is going to miss that the pause before "fluid" is your way of softening it. You might get to ask it but I bet the audience would boo you.  Fair warning -- if the fans are there, they like the show. 

Kripke took tough questions and even kind of made fun of himself at Comic Con because Swan Song ended up being more controversial/less loved than he anticipated. True.  And his experience may be one of the reasons we now have to show the questions to the SDCC employee and they set up a kill switch.  I imagine there were far worse comments made by fanboys/fangirls over the years at SDCC.  There are some pretty intense fans there.  It's bound to happen.  You don't wear a full Hagrid costume in 103deg heat and a crush of humanity without being serious about your fandom (for example).

Other shows panels take tough questions.  Torchwood/Russell T Davies, back in the day was hammered for a character death. And Carver was hammered for Charlie's death.  Again, major plot point.  And the question passed initial screening in 2015.  I don't think the rules have changed since then. 

Comments imbedded in bold. 

Bottom line:  A tough question about killing off an important character is both par and can be asked in a critical way.  If there is a "The Walking Dead" panel and NO ONE asks about

Carl

I'd be stunned. OTOH, general swings at their ability to do continuity or the execution of a stunt may or may not make it past the screener but if the audience boos the questioner or the panel member responds sharply, I think that would also be 'on par'.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1

I`d find it disappointing if the only one who has to field question over the truly bad wirework in the Finale was Jensen, who isn`t in any way at fault for it. But Dabb and especially Singer as the director get their bouncy bouncy baby egos protected. Singer especially gives horrid, egotistical interviews IMO, he could do with a good humbling experience.  But alas, the kid gloves never come off. 

Didn`t expect Mark Pellegrino at Comic Con. They`ll likely want to spring him as a "surprise" return in the Season Opener or so. If he was at Comic Con, it would be a dead giveaway that he is back. 

• Love 7

This might be more upopular opinion but I don't think the writers should be mingling with fans at fan run events. 

As for the fight scene, no one had a problem asking Jensen about it or criticized or booed the person.  So why should Singer be off limits for that question?  He's the who decided to go that route.  Questions like, why did you film it as a high wire fight?  How did you feel it turned out in the end, why did you decide to go for a freeze frame?   In my opinion all fair questions.

In the end, nobody's opinion is fact regarding the like or dislike of something creative.   I remember watching Siskel and Ebert review movies.  They might have been respected critics but in the end nothing they said was facts, just opinion.  There were movies I loved that they hated and movies I hated that they loved. 

29 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Didn`t expect Mark Pellegrino at Comic Con. They`ll likely want to spring him as a "surprise" return in the Season Opener or so. If he was at Comic Con, it would be a dead giveaway that he is back. 

I'm still expecting Pellegrino back at some point.   Dabb's far to enamoured of the character.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Or something like "What is the process in the writing to make sure that canon lore or continuity is maintained, as it seems that in the more recent years, it's been a little more....fluid in continuity".  That's an insult wrapped in a question IMO.  Like no one is going to miss that the pause before "fluid" is your way of softening it. You might get to ask it but I bet the audience would boo you. 

I'm italicizing your bolded because it kind of confused me how you answered each part within my original comments vs quoting and responding separately.  

Fair warning -- if the fans are there, they like the show. 

Comic Con has always seemed like a much more mixed crowd of hard core fans, middle of the road and those that might be at the Con for general reasons and decide to go to the SPN panel.  Of course, I've never been to Comic Con (despite it being in my dang backyard! LOL) but that's always been my impression based on the panel videos, articles about the con etc.  This smacks of a "true fan" kind of thing. Like only people that don't like the show ask critical questions? It's never been only friendly questions asked about the show at Comic Con. 

I'm not seeing a big difference between the questions I've postulated than the question lobbed at Carver over Charlie. It wasn't just, "Why did you kill off Charlie".  It was framed around it being yet another female character that was killed.   It was a straight up condemning question that was allowed and addressed by Carver.  Some might boo me and some might actually cheer or be like 'Yes, that's a great question!". Anyway, we can agree to disagree on whether those are insulting or not. 

Anyway, I hope folks do ask tough questions and ask things like will Lucifer stay dead, please let him stay dead.  Ask things like will Michael!Dean have more than 3 episodes?"  Will Steve Yockey be back?

I have a feeling that the Buck Lemming being at Paley and Comic Con is signaling they will have more influence over the show than ever before. 

55 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I've seen a couple of panels that had the actors that played the characters that were killed off and never came back. I'm not 100% convinced that him not being at the panel is a marker that Lucifer will be gone forever. 

• Love 3
On 6/14/2018 at 6:35 PM, MysteryGuest said:

But I do think the grace replenishes, and I'm going to assume it will for Jack, as well.  Yes, he's half human, but he's also a nephilim, and haven't we been told that nephilim are even more powerful than archangels?  And Lucifer stealing Jack's grace was no surprise, really.  He wanted to be as strong as possible, and he wanted to render Jack useless, since he'd just watched him easily beat down Michael.  

I thought that Jack was an unknown, something that the angels were afraid of because they didn't understand their powers so yes I could see his soul being capable of recharging his powers.  How long will depend on the writers?  But this part doesn't bother me.

I'm hoping that the story of Dean as Michael is interesting and carries longer than 3 eps.  I expect some shows will be well done and others will be so-so and others will be stupid and boring, it is the normal range of series today.  I could see Jack as part of the solution to Heaven.  I'm hoping we are done with Lucifer, but if he is back I wouldn't be surprised.  Not thrilled but definitely not surprised. 

I think fans will always be critical of parts that bug them, but should also have something they enjoy otherwise why not just stop watching.  I just expect people to remain respectful even if they disagree, asking tough questions isn't disrespect, but being insulting doesn't reward anyone.  These people are an artist, that for them this is important to them, it isn't easy in creating and no one can make anyone happy 100% of the time.  Since I have deadlines to get productions ready for an audience, I'm always short of time and wish it could have been done better, I doubt the professionals are any different.