Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

This is what he said

which doesn't mean that it's necessarily Dean who goes to the ends of the earth. It could be Sam after Dean dies or is near death after doing "whatever it takes". Dean has been shown as being uncaring of his own well-being all season long.

They've reversed and or handed-off pretty much every other story in the show - maybe they'd let Sam stuff an angel in Dean to save him? LOL! Nahhh.

I'm hanging all my hope on the first thing Jensen said when this new-character reveal came about, and the talk was about saving the world from AU!Michael. Dean steps up. Please let it be so.

• Love 2

Dean knows they've been able to pull out a save every other time, so why let Sam die needlessly?

I wouldn`t have any problem if he does something crazy in a fight to protect Sam - though, still, what the hell is Jack doing there? - but handing a dangerous entity power over the world would be where I draw the line. 

I want it to be a scenario where Dean actually either has no say or acts in good conscience because he thinks it will take out a bigger threat. That it then goes pear-shaped is a given anyway. Taking on the Mark of Cain obviously was a bad call but I had no problem with it because it served a purpose and Dean didn`t knowingly sell the world away. 

If whatever he does, he does because he wants to save Sam AND stop a current threat to the world, that is okay, too. Just make that motivation clear. 

In the sneak peak he says he would go for retirement IF he thought the world was safe. So going to endanger it himself ten minutes later is just not gonna fly. For example if he said "Yes" to AU!Michael, knowing what that guy did to his own world? Hell no.

And knowing Dabb, he will make a point out of it saying how of course Dean is too weak to overcome Michael, unlike Sam in 5.22.  

Right now I`m dismayed that the new character is already touted as the new "Big Bad". I`m iffy on Michael right now but if he was, cage!Michael that is, why would he be the "Big Bad"? To me he would be cold and uncaring to humanity possibly, wanting to return to heaven and rule there but not give a fuck about ruling Earth or something. 

This just has epic clusterfuck potential.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Right now I`m dismayed that the new character is already touted as the new "Big Bad". I`m iffy on Michael right now but if he was, cage!Michael that is, why would he be the "Big Bad"? To me he would be cold and uncaring to humanity possibly, wanting to return to heaven and rule there but not give a fuck about ruling Earth or something. 

Will respond in bitter spoilers

(edited)
59 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I wouldn`t have any problem if he does something crazy in a fight to protect Sam - though, still, what the hell is Jack doing there? - but handing a dangerous entity power over the world would be where I draw the line. 

I want it to be a scenario where Dean actually either has no say or acts in good conscience because he thinks it will take out a bigger threat. That it then goes pear-shaped is a given anyway. Taking on the Mark of Cain obviously was a bad call but I had no problem with it because it served a purpose and Dean didn`t knowingly sell the world away. 

If whatever he does, he does because he wants to save Sam AND stop a current threat to the world, that is okay, too. Just make that motivation clear. 

In the sneak peak he says he would go for retirement IF he thought the world was safe. So going to endanger it himself ten minutes later is just not gonna fly. For example if he said "Yes" to AU!Michael, knowing what that guy did to his own world? Hell no.

And knowing Dabb, he will make a point out of it saying how of course Dean is too weak to overcome Michael, unlike Sam in 5.22.  

This just has epic clusterfuck potential.

I agree on most counts. And I don't really think they'd have Dean just say fuck it, I do what I want (though I couldn't honestly blame him at this point). I absolutely believe that whatever happens, if he agrees to it, he believes it's for the greater good, or, he has absolutely no other options. There has to be a reason he said Dean steps up. There just has to.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1

I’ve held off on speculating because I always agreed with the overall consensus that Dean!Michael (whether OW or AU) seemed the most likely prospect when discussing Jensen’s new character, with Dean!Death as a dark horse option at best. I’m not sure what to make of it all now that it sounds like this new character will only be in the final scene(s) of the episode, though.

Extremely random and unlikely-to-actually-happen-in-any-way thought, but what if Lucifer is defeated by a powered-up Dean and Sam dies as a direct result because his life force is somehow tied to Lucifer’s by virtue of having been resurrected by him? It would be just like Lucifer to have purposely left a few strings attached to his gift to use as leverage, after all, and then Billie could potentially come into play (hence the “See you again soon” and being curious to see what would happen if Rowena killed Sam in 13.19, as well as her confirmation of the brothers’ importance in 13.05) with Dean having to bargain with her/take up the mantle of Old!Death in exchange for Sam’s life. Alternatively, Dean dies himself in the fight against Lucifer and becomes Old!Death as a result. Either way, I think it would be somewhat poetic if the person who kills Death is fated at some point to become the entity. It would also jibe with Jensen’s comment about having big shoes to fill because Julian Richings was absolutely perfect in the role.

Problems with my last-minute theory:

1. I find it unlikely the show would kill Sam twice in the span of three episodes. It seems a little excessive even by Supernatural’s standards.

2. I tend to think TPTB might not be ready to let Lucifer die yet (unfortunately), especially if the show continues beyond next season.

3. Billie has worked very well in her role as New!Death, so we don’t technically need another. I guess that could come down to whether or not she’s supposed to be Death the horseman or “just” Death the head reaper who’s standing in until the horseman returns.

Yet despite all of the above issues and how much of a given Dean!Michael seems otherwise, I can’t shake my nagging thoughts about the ominous encounters with Billie throughout the season and the outfit and overall vibe of Jensen’s new character. I guess I keep trying to think of ways that Dean!Death could come into play in part because I’m hoping TPTB will actually surprise me rather than go for the obvious (IMO).

I agree that "Dean steps up in a big way" needs to mean more than just doing whatever it takes to save Sam.  I'm moving further and further away from believing it's Michael.  It just doesn't make sense to me.  I can't see how Dean becoming Death would really help things, but that at least makes more sense based on things that Billie's said to Dean this year.  But if it's true that Dean is the big bad for next season, at least at the start, then I'm not sure Death fits either.

18 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I agree that "Dean steps up in a big way" needs to mean more than just doing whatever it takes to save Sam.  I'm moving further and further away from believing it's Michael.  It just doesn't make sense to me.  I can't see how Dean becoming Death would really help things, but that at least makes more sense based on things that Billie's said to Dean this year.  But if it's true that Dean is the big bad for next season, at least at the start, then I'm not sure Death fits either.

S5 Death said he would reap God himself one day, killed a man just by brushing up against him, and was going to wipe Chicago off the map, conversely saving it with a wave of his hand once he agreed to help Dean and TFW. So I can see Death, the Horseman, having the power to take out AU!Michael. It fits all the criteria depending on your definition of a 'long time'. And I know I've been waiting for repercussion for Dean killing him. Maybe he's just pissed enough now to punish Dean by breaking any agreement he made to exit the premises after whatever happens, happens. Dean broke their agreement, after all. Potentially, there's no bigger bad than a pissed off entity that literally controls everyone's fates.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I agree on most counts. And I don't really think they'd have Dean just say fuck it, I do what I want (though I couldn't honestly blame him at this point). I absolutely believe that whatever happens, if he agrees to it, he believes it's for the greater good, or, he has absolutely no other options. There has to be a reason he said Dean steps up. There just has to.

14 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Me too.

This season.

;)

Dean!Michael as next season's big bad is obvious IMO.  Everyone has mental health issues.  Lucifer and God hint that Michael is crazy.  Dean is done so he probably is fine with a mental geakrh vacay.

Crazy Micharl cannot be good.  So yes.  Dean and he negotiate to immediately do what Dean wants.... kill Lucifer and AU Michael.  Fine. 

Then Micharl gets to play.

(edited)

Last minute:
- I'm not sure Rowena is in the episode, but I think that might be Ketch under the sheet on the library table. 
- I think Christian Keyes is gone after this episode.

ETA:
If Heaven collapses and souls start to fall, that could cause Billie to come to the nearest available archangel possessing Dean (maybe) and get him to abandon his vessel and take up their job keeping Heaven open.

I'm thinking of this because of 1) the #saltandburn hashtag by the writers and 2) the soul-like whispys around the S14 guys

BTW... Go Misha!  Congrats on the more prominant placement on the poster. 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, SueB said:

Last minute:
- I'm not sure Rowena is in the episode, but I think that might be Ketch under the sheet on the library table. 
- I think Christian Keyes is gone after this episode.

If it is, I hope they cut off his leg before they salt and burn him this time.

• Love 4

Well, that was pretty obvious, The set-up was rather the same like the Season 9 Finale in its own way. So what Jared said is easily infered from the cliffhanger. "Dean" has vanished and Sam fears for how things are gonna go. In Jensen`s interview he said Michael will be looking at the new world in a kind of "wondrous" way a la "oh, so many things to be evil about". Which is IMO his own take from that final few seconds where Michael walks down the street. 

In short, I do not believe either one knows anything concrete about the new Season. Because I for one do not believe things will shake out with Michael going for immediate world domination and turning our world into AU!world. For one, the set dressing and expensive outdoor shooting would ruin them. So Michael will wreak havoc like any other super-evil-ZOMG-bad-guy before him did:  not much. 

I mean what did the escaped 200 times, Lilith, Lucifer (the first time), the Leviathans, the fallen angels and Amara truly do to the world at large once they were first out? Fucking nothing. Sure, a few people died but random MOTW in episodic fillers kill more people sometimes.   

So Michael will be moderate in his "evilness". Especially depending on how long he lasts in Dean but also in a different vessel after that.

And he wouldn`t have any need to feel wondrous about our world. I mean, the AU-world looks like shit now but apparently until a few decades ago, it was just like our world. So it`s not like Michael wouldn`t know what that looks like. The world didn`t change that much in the last 40-something years. 

We`ll see what kind of ruinous things we`ll hear about Season 14 at Comic Con this year but til then I don`t think anyone knows, including the writers.    

• Love 3
Just now, Aeryn13 said:

Well, that didn`t take long. 

Like I said, Im not sure if its true or not especially since both Jared and Jensen have said they dont' know what direction the story will take.

• Love 1
Just now, ILoveReading said:

Posting this here in case its a spoiler

Apparently Mark P asked if people thought Lucifer was really dead and mentioned Nephilim grace. 

It figures. It just figures.

• Love 1

Well, Mark P. would know if he still has a regular contract or not. And we will know, too, at some point. Those things can`t really be kept under wraps.   

• Love 2

Fucking hell, just what is the fascination with Lucifer?  They really are going to ride this archangel storyline to the bitter end of this show, aren't they?  I'm just so sick of it.  I naively keep hoping that they really will get back to the basics of hunting, but I guess I need to get my own head out of my ass, because that is never going to happen.  They'll just keep doing the same things over and over and over.  What a joke.

• Love 3
(edited)

They left themselves a loophole with the Nephilim grace. Though I would expect more that they will revisit the Empty - they teased it to bring it back somehow - and just pick him back up. Same as they just recently brought back AU-spare characters of ones they previously killed. As if those were magically the same characters.  

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 2

Seriously, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Andrew Dabb with a rusty angel blade if this is true.

Whoooboy. I hate this idea so much, I'm considering taking up day drinking.  I may have gone on a bit of a Twitter rant.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Whoooboy. I hate this idea so much, I'm considering taking up day drinking.

You and me both!

27 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I may have gone on a bit of a Twitter rant.

Good!!

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Seriously, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Andrew Dabb with a rusty angel blade if this is true.

Whoooboy. I hate this idea so much, I'm considering taking up day drinking.  I may have gone on a bit of a Twitter rant.

I'm going to hold off on the freak out because I don't want to waste my emotional energy over something that may not be true, but if Lucifer doesn't turn out to be dead I will flip my shit. FUCK, JUST LET HIM STAY DEAD.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BabySpinach said:

I'm going to hold off on the freak out because I don't want to waste my emotional energy over something that may not be true, but if Lucifer doesn't turn out to be dead I will flip my shit. FUCK, JUST LET HIM STAY DEAD.

Yeah, I probably should have restrained myself. But if Jensen is correct and there's any chance they haven't set out S14 in stone yet, I want my opinion out there in the ethos. Not because I have any illusions that Dabb won't do exactly whateverthehell he wants with the show, but it makes me feel better. It isn't just the possibility of Lucifer not being dead that makes me rant, it's the careless disregard of canon and lore that eats away at any investment I can make in the show. Dean's sacrifice being completely meaningless would really be the last straw. I would just look for his Michael scenes on Youtube.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yeah, I probably should have restrained myself. But if Jensen is correct and there's any chance they haven't set out S14 in stone yet, I want my opinion out there in the ethos. Not because I have any illusions that Dabb won't do exactly whateverthehell he wants with the show, but it makes me feel better. It isn't just the possibility of Lucifer not being dead that makes me rant, it's the careless disregard of canon and lore that eats away at any investment I can make in the show. Dean's sacrifice being completely meaningless would really be the last straw. I would just look for his Michael scenes on Youtube.

Yeah, the biggest justification for Dean sacrificing his autonomy was to kill Lucifer, and he succeeded. Give him this win!

• Love 3

If Lucifer isn't dead, then it negates everything.  Dean's decision, Sam's absolute joy and relief, Jack's readiness to sacrifice himself...all for nothing.  I need to talk myself down off the ledge until we see something official.  Otherwise, it will ruin any anticipation I have for season 14.  Fuck Dabb and Singer!!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

If Lucifer isn't dead, then it negates everything.  Dean's decision, Sam's absolute joy and relief, Jack's readiness to sacrifice himself...all for nothing.  I need to talk myself down off the ledge until we see something official.  Otherwise, it will ruin any anticipation I have for season 14.  Fuck Dabb and Singer!!

Lucifer being back in season 11 already made Sam's sacrifice in Swan Song meaningless.  Everything they did in season 5 was essentially for nothing at that point.  I am not saying I want Lucifer back though I do still enjoy his character.  I think this end arc would be good for Lucifer, however this wouldn't be the first time this show has made the characters efforts or sacrifices irrelevant in future episodes.

• Love 1

Lucifer being back in season 11 already made Sam's sacrifice in Swan Song meaningless. 

But at least they waited six years for that and Sam did manage to get him in the cage and avert the apocalypse. The AU-world is proof that it wasn`t for nothing.

If they bring back Lucifer right away in Season 14 with a "haha, Dean accomplished exactly nothing, he is just such a loser and a chump", that would be markedly different.   

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

But at least they waited six years for that and Sam did manage to get him in the cage and avert the apocalypse. The AU-world is proof that it wasn`t for nothing.

If they bring back Lucifer right away in Season 14 with a "haha, Dean accomplished exactly nothing, he is just such a loser and a chump", that would be markedly different.   

Good point about the AU but in terms of Lucifer, his plans could have essentially just been pushed back a few years regardless of Sam's sacrifice.  Sam's sacrifice in actuality only bought the world a few years.  While better than say a year if he returns next year, it still undermines Sam's sacrifice IMO.  It still left Lucifer for someone else to finish regardless of the fact that putting Lucifer back in the cage was once Sam's biggest win of the series.  It's not much of a win when he gets out IMO.

Okay, I want to cheer myself up after that craptastic possible spoiler, so here's a few ideas for where they could take Michael in season 14.

Michael wants to cleanse the world of sin ie. kill all humans, but he needs an angel army. He could:

1. Get his army from AW by opening another portal. For the archangel grace, he could possibly break out our Michael from the cage (who's apparently a babbling lunatic, so not much of a threat *eyeroll*) to serve as the tap. 

2. Get his army from this world by recruiting the angels, only to find out there's maybe 10 left (lol). He'd have time for some scathing disappointment for their miserable failures and in-fighting, which would be pretty fun. Maybe Michael does know how to create angels, though it involves some heavy, difficult stuff that he wouldn't be able to accomplish right away.

As much as I demand for Michael Dean to last a while, it's pretty much impossible to do given the MOTW format. What would be really interesting is if Michael powers down for whatever reason and lets Dean drive for a while. Maybe he doesn't want to lose his true vessel, so he plays nice and tries to compromise instead of going full-on asshole.

And until I get official confirmation, Lucifer doesn't fit into any of this because he's Mr. Dead McRoastedwings.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

I hope we get a lot of good Cas and Sam moments trying to help each other and save Dean together. 

I agree.  I would like to see this and Jack as well.

• Love 1

While better than say a year if he returns next year, it still undermines Sam's sacrifice IMO.  It still left Lucifer for someone else to finish regardless of the fact that putting Lucifer back in the cage was once Sam's biggest win of the series.  It's not much of a win when he gets out IMO.

If they bring Lucifer back, the final kill will undoubtedly go to Sam. And Dean will have no part in it whatsoever. On top of being the chump who said yes to Michael and accomplished nothing. If Lucifer pops back in like maybe 3 months after the fact in showtime. 

I could live with the fight being made so lame and silly with the wireworks and Dean as Michael not really making a real dent since the fight was so incredibly one-sided and the prospect of very bad consequences to come only because it seemed to accomplish something good. Taking that away negates the only good point and just leaves all the negative.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

If they bring Lucifer back, the final kill will undoubtedly go to Sam. And Dean will have no part in it whatsoever. On top of being the chump who said yes to Michael and accomplished nothing. If Lucifer pops back in like maybe 3 months after the fact in showtime. 

I could live with the fight being made so lame and silly with the wireworks and Dean as Michael not really making a real dent since the fight was so incredibly one-sided and the prospect of very bad consequences to come only because it seemed to accomplish something good. Taking that away negates the only good point and just leaves all the negative.

At this point we don't really know who or if Lucifer would even be killed and that is if he ends up coming back at all.  I don't think it's set in stone that it would go to Sam.  They haven't done much with his character lately.  TBH I would rather them have Sam accomplish something else at this point.  Something new.  I would like to see him get a really big win in season 14.

• Love 1

I would like to see him get a really big win in season 14.

Just as I would like to see them leave Dean`s recent win intact. And Sam did have several big kills in Season 12 and the ending of Season 13 leaves him up for a hero role so I think he will get big wins in Season 14, too. 

I just hope that after things go pearshaped with the Michael possession, Dean gets an opportunity for redemption and to show that he is indeed strong and not weak. I hope him being rid of Michael is a joint operation, with the group working from the outside WITH Dean working from the inside.

• Love 4

I don't understand why Dean needs redemption from the Michael possession?  It was his only option.  Sam and Jack would be dead and Lucifer would be free to annihilate everyone.  It's not like there were other choices available to them.  I don't see anyone blaming him for what he did.  And I don't understand how Dean was weak here?  He's human, so yeah, he's not going to win in a fight with an archangel juiced up on nephilim grace, but it certainly wasn't because he was weak.  I guess I just don't understand this line of thinking.

I want Lucifer to stay dead for all of them, not because it was a win for Dean.  It was a win for Dean and Sam, together.  Mostly, I want Lucifer to stay dead for me...

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Just as I would like to see them leave Dean`s recent win intact. And Sam did have several big kills in Season 12 and the ending of Season 13 leaves him up for a hero role so I think he will get big wins in Season 14, too. 

I just hope that after things go pearshaped with the Michael possession, Dean gets an opportunity for redemption and to show that he is indeed strong and not weak. I hope him being rid of Michael is a joint operation, with the group working from the outside WITH Dean working from the inside.

Sam got some decent kills in season 12, but other than the alpha vamp, they were merely one episode villains.  Yes Ramiel is a YED but he wasn't nearly as significant to the series as someone like Azazel or Lucifer or even Dick Roman.  At this point in the series, Sam's biggest kill has been Lilith and that wasn't even seen as a good thing.  He wasn't really given a hero moment or anything.  Just a Sam screwed up moment.

And I do hope that season 14 does give something to Sam in regards to Sam defeating an overarching villain at some point.

• Love 3
(edited)

And I don't understand how Dean was weak here?  He's human, so yeah, he's not going to win in a fight with an archangel juiced up on nephilim grace, but it certainly wasn't because he was weak.  I guess I just don't understand this line of thinking.

No, I mean next Season. There will likely be a comparism to how Sam could overcome Lucifer because he was so strong and why can`t Dean do that with Michael. I don`t blame Dean for not doing better in the Lucifer fight, I blame Michael for that. He was supposed to be the one to bring the juice. 

I don't understand why Dean needs redemption from the Michael possession?

Michael will undoubtedly do some bad things and Dean will have some responsibility for that.

I do hope he is not getting blamed for it, at least not by Sam, Cas or Jack. Judging from the Finale, they wouldn`t blame him. Cas looked devastated but he let Lucifer out in the first place in Season 11. If Mary will be a hypocrite about it, it will be obnoxious but par of the course. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

No, I mean next Season. There will likely be a comparism to how Sam could overcome Lucifer because he was so strong and why can`t Dean do that with Michael. I don`t blame Dean for not doing better in the Lucifer fight, I blame Michael for that. He was supposed to be the one to bring the juice. 

I believe Lucifer allowed Sam to be present while beating Dean in Swan Song as he said Sam was there and he was going to feel the snap of his bones.  It might not be an issue of Dean being weak so much as how far down Michael is holding him.  Lucifer mistakingly let Sam be awake for Swan Song because he believed Sam would never be able to overcome him and he wanted to win Sam's approval for some reason.  Michael might not give Dean that chance because he knows Dean will be trying to fight him and he may want to avoid that so he can walk the earth in peace.

I believe Lucifer allowed Sam to be present while beating Dean in Swan Song as he said Sam was there and he was going to feel the snap of his bones.  It might not be an issue of Dean being weak so much as how far down Michael is holding him.  Lucifer mistakingly let Sam be awake for Swan Song because he believed Sam would never be able to overcome him and he wanted to win Sam's approval for some reason.  Michael might not give Dean that chance because he knows Dean will be trying to fight him and he may want to avoid that so he can walk the earth in peace.

Then I would want that distinction to be made clear. I just fear it`s gonna be the opposite, in dialogue. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Posting this here in case its a spoiler

Apparently Mark P asked if people thought Lucifer was really dead and mentioned Nephilim grace. 

I suspect he's trolling the fandom.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, SueB said:

I suspect he's trolling the fandom.

I'm going to cling to this reasoning! My high from seeing him die is already starting to deflate at the thought of it being another fakeout.

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, devlin said:

What I would love for next season is for dean to remain Michael!dean. That way the boys can be seperate, dabb and his fellow sam fans can get an entire season of leader sam who gets to form bonds with all his followers and most importantly get to know his mother and be the BDH. Hopefully if dabb allows himself this he will also give us some really cool Michael!dean stuff. Then the J’s will get more time off and I will be able to watch dean only scenes whilst fast forwarding through all the other scenes.

I'm 99% sure the writers and showrunner will never drop the MOTW format. There's no way they'd be willing to separate Sam and Dean for an extended period of time. I'd love for Michael!Dean to stick around for more than three episodes, but it either won't happen or they'll have Michael power down temporarily so that the brothers can go on those one-off hunts. I'd be happy to sacrifice the MOTWs for a more cohesive and in-depth story, but the writers probably wouldn't. Sigh...

• Love 1

I don't see Michael allowing Dean to go on random hunts with Sam, Jack and Castiel.  He took over the minute the threat to him was gone.  Now if Jack regains his powers, things might get interesting, but I don't think Jack can hurt Michael without also hurting Dean, so that's going to be an issue.  

Since I personally enjoy Dean's character, and especially when he's interacting with his brother, Cas, Jack, et al, I really don't want him to be Michael all that long.  Part of Demon Dean's appeal for me was his relationship with Crowley.  That's not there this time, so I really don't want Dean separated from everyone else on the show for more than a few episodes.  

29 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

I'm 99% sure the writers and showrunner will never drop the MOTW format. There's no way they'd be willing to separate Sam and Dean for an extended period of time. I'd love for Michael!Dean to stick around for more than three episodes, but it either won't happen or they'll have Michael power down temporarily so that the brothers can go on those one-off hunts. I'd be happy to sacrifice the MOTWs for a more cohesive and in-depth story, but the writers probably wouldn't. Sigh...

I agree that this could be a problem but they could try something new.  Have Cas and Jack become part of the MOTWs with Sam and have the overall Myth arc with MichaelDean be another story during the MOTW episodes.  Maybe have the MOTWs connected to DeanMichael somehow.  That would upset some of the fans that want the brothers together all the time, but it would satisfy the fans who want Dean to be a part of a long arc/fast forward to only watch Dean.  It would definitely be something different for the show.  It's not impossible but I don't think they will go this route.  

• Love 1