Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I wonder if the Black Fairy has been among the Untold Stories people all along (just hanging out, chilling, until it's her turn to do something) or if they're already over that and have forgotten that the Untold Stories thing ever happened.

14 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

"Ill-Boding Patterns" is a reference to a sword given to Beowulf. (The Hrunting.) The Beowulf story was briefly featured on OUATIW, but only with Grendel.

"Ill-Boding Patterns" seems like the title of the entire season.

I do not remember Grendel being featured on OUATIW. Refresher?

11 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Confusing...and cheesy. Aladdin was the one who found the Lamp this past episode. Why is it genie-less, and how can that help? 

Somebody on the show ends up a genie?

6 hours ago, PixiePaws1 said:

At least CS are in two scenes...they might even TALK to each other!!!

Now, now, let's not get too wild with the theories. Let's keep it in the realm of possibility.

Eion Bailey also filmed with Colin & Jen. (Some pics of Eion & Colin.) WTF is effing August still around??

Other combos of actors in scenes. Including "somebody we don't know yet" with Josh & Colin.

Some info about filming today on this Tumblr.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Or she's just a cameo so A&E can check "Finally address Black Fairy" off their bucket list.

Ugh, I hope not. I've been waiting so long for the Black Fairy to finally make an appearance on this show. Can we get rid of the Evil Queen for good and keep the Black Fairy around as the main Big Bad until the series finale? Pretty please? I can't handle the scene chewing anymore.

6 hours ago, Camera One said:

I wonder if this means A&E got tired of the shiny toy Jafar and has moved on.

How can you tire of something you barely play with? Where is Oded Fehr?! I was promised Oded Fehr at Comic-Con! Can you imagine Jafar, Rumple, and the Black Fairy teaming up for a season? Now that's a dangerous villain trio, 4B.

Honestly, I'm shocked Oded hasn't been seen filming yet. When are they planning on using him? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Curio said:

Honestly, I'm shocked Oded hasn't been seen filming yet. When are they planning on using him? 

I think he'll show up with 5 or 6 episodes left in the season. That's probably how they're going to close out the season. And if that's the case, there better be a 7th one because just no.

• Love 1

Looking through katmtan's tumblr, it seems like David's dad is also called David, and the actor filmed with Josh. This is getting even more confusing. If King George is involved, maybe he didn't kill the dude, but just threatened him and banished him to the convenient LoUS. What about the body that was found? And what about the knife wound? 

1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

What about the body that was found? And what about the knife wound? 

Twins run in the family, and David's father was also a twin, and it's the twin who died?

Or I guess the whole thing could have been a false report. Or someone else borrowed the cart and was the one who was killed while Daddy Shepherd was off elsewhere.

I dunno, I've given up trying to apply logic to this show. They probably added the murder angle just for the "OMG! DRAMA!" without thinking about why anyone would bother to cover up the murder of a farmer. Him still being alive may be how they backtrack after realizing that it might be a bit much if Hook really had killed him (not that murdering a parent makes any difference for Regina, but that's the REC at work).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

Twins run in the family, and David's father was also a twin, and it's the twin who died?

Yes and the twins are always named James and David with James always being evil and David always being good!  Flash forward in S7 to Snow pregnant with twins and duh duh duh, they name them James and David.  Then we can have lovely montages of James pulling David's hair, kicking him and doing all kinds of evil while David spouts "my twin only needs hope and love".

• Love 2

I am just SO relieved that multiple sources (1, 2) are now reporting that Josh & Colin filmed with "David's dad" in Storybooke, because that means that Hook wasn't involved with his murder. However, does that also mean his dad will now remain on the show? Wouldn't it be really strange for him to just disappear after being reunited with his son, DIL, and grandchildren? As was mentioned above, maybe someone was after him and he faked his death and now continues to be in danger or something. Anyway, it could actually be interesting to watch. I'm also curious how Hook fits in to the whole thing... 

5 hours ago, Kktjones said:

However, does that also mean his dad will now remain on the show? Wouldn't it be really strange for him to just disappear after being reunited with his son, DIL, and grandchildren? 

There's a chance he will die in the episode, just after reconciling with his son. He probably won't even get to meet Snow, or his grandkids (as this is not Regina's dad we're talking about). 

• Love 5

Rumple is going to accelerate the pregnancy so he can grab the baby before Belle tries to run off again, but I think Belle is going to be the one to decide to age-up Damien rapidly to protect him or something. Then, Rumple will use the shears, and Damien's gonna somehow end up the Dark One. Maybe Rumple will try to use the Shears to cut off his own Darkness without cutting off the magic. The Darkness anchors to the closest genetic match, which is his son. Then, he'll be shocked and sad, and Belle will forgive him. Either Rumple or Damien will die by the end of the season. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

Doesn't there have to be something to the title of "Changelings"? Isn't it possible that Belle swaps out her baby with a fairy baby to protect him from Rumpel? It seems like that's the thing Rumpel does in the flashback - offers a baby to lure the Black Fairy - so maybe she comes back and offers Belle a deal. Then something the Black Fairy does causes the baby to age rapidly and return to fight Emma. Maybe he's taken to a world where time moves faster or something and the Black Fairy raises him to be evil. There's been a lot of talk about raising children to be evil this season. Maybe this actually comes to fruition with the Rumbelle baby.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I hate to say it, but Belle and baby's "best chance" might've been a tumble down the stairs.

Or the badly placed bar of soap (Downton Abbey's version)?  But yeah, that poor kid's going to grow up with whiplash, with his mom ping ponging between "I know you can be good" and "I can't trust you" with his dad, and with his dad screwing them over every single time. No wonder he already hates his dad. Though I'm still not sure if Morpheus was a manifestation of how he feels now or if that was a projection of his future self. The future self is the only way the shears make sense, if Rumple's trying to break the "prophecy" of what Damien will grow into. If it's just the fetus having access to his mom's memories and making a very rational decision about his dad, that's not "destiny" that could be cut off. It's just reading the situation accurately, and the way to fix that is to be different. It's unlikely that the newborn will remember any of this.

16 hours ago, Souris said:

Could it be possible David's dad is an imposter? Though I much prefer him to be really alive and not murdered by Hook.

Who really cares about David's dad any more? That should have been a subplot for 6A. It really doesn't deserve a major follow-up in 6B.

• Love 2

At this point I wold rather have a story about David's dad that could involve characters we care about (David, Snow, Swan, Hook etc.) than spending the time on the half developed Aladdin and Jasmine at this point and doing a rushed version of their story shoe horned in to the rest of the story.    

• Love 1

Here are all the "can't says" which can potentially turn into yes in the winter finale. I have eliminated the can't says like "Will EQ pretend to be Regina" and "does EQ have someone's heart" because they obviously happened.

Will the main cast venture to the Enchanted Forest in present day this season?
ADAM HOROWITZ: Can’t say.

Will we ever learn what would have happened if the first curse never happened?
HOROWITZ: Interesting.
KITSIS: Can’t say.

Will we learn who Hook’s mother is this season?
HOROWITZ: Can’t say.

Is the person who killed David’s father someone we’ve seen before?

Is there any chance of Regina being the one who fights the hooded figure in Emma’s vision instead of Emma?

Will the key maker be revealed?

Will August return this season?

Is there going to be an engagement this season?

Any chance for a time jump this season?

That latest spoiler reveal from NA is dumb.  One of the "can't says" will be a "yes"?  I'm sure it's the one about meeting Hook's mother!  Ha, no.

Since many of the can't says have happened--EQ pretending to be Regina, etc.  I'm not holding out for something awesome.

I think this season needs some shaking up. 

I think we should build a story with all the "can't say"

44 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

August is coming back for the finale right? So that's the one that's a yes.

It seems he's back for 6x11.

• Love 1

It's a pretty good bet that whoever killed David's father (if he is, in fact, dead) is someone we've seen before, otherwise, why bother? Unless it was an assassination carried out by some random person ordered by someone we know, there wouldn't be much point to him having been murdered rather than dying in a drunk carting accident. Though I guess the fact that he apparently isn't dead would fall into the category of "can't say," since you can't say who the person who killed him is if he isn't actually dead.

Though another possibility may be that whatever brings Robin back also brings back David's dad, so he really is/was dead but is only back temporarily. That would resolve the "what happens to the long-lost relative after the miraculous reunion" question. If he really is alive and was just trapped in the Land of Untold Stories, if he doesn't stick around with his son, he's kind of a jerk, so there would have to be some plot manipulation (like him being killed or zapped to another world) to keep him offscreen rather than joining the cast. I could see why Liam would have no reason to hang around with a brother he barely knows who murdered his father, since Nemo is his real family, but there doesn't seem to be a reason for David's father to not want to stick around with him and his grandchildren. Even if David isn't overly keen on his dad, his dad would probably want to be in town and hope his son thaws a bit.

12 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Who really cares about David's dad any more? That should have been a subplot for 6A. It really doesn't deserve a major follow-up in 6B.

Agreed, there's no reason at all to care about some minor character no one cares about.

I think this season needs some shaking up. 

I think we should build a story with all the "can't say"

That explains the 'writing process' if there is one.

• Love 2

David's father is apparently not dead, so there's that. He probably took off for the Land of Untold Stories because fathers on this show are cowards. Let's run a list, shall we? Henry Sr, Malcolm, Brennan...

I'm in the minority, but I'm not jonesing for an AU what if Regina hadn't cast the curse. If they do it, it will be nothing like what people are expecting.

• Love 2

I'm in the minority, but I'm not jonesing for an AU what if Regina hadn't cast the curse. If they do it, it will be nothing like what people are expecting.

There will be no consequences and it'll only last a few episodes. It's not worth it. No consequences = I don't give a flip.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm in the minority, but I'm not jonesing for an AU what if Regina hadn't cast the curse.

I'm not jonesing for it. I fear it. It will be the ultimate whitewashing of Regina to show that the curse she cast in anger because she wanted to hurt people ended up being the best thing for them, so they can't even resent her for it (not that they do, but if this happens, they'll have to actually be grateful). And it would be just like these writers to pull something like that.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I'm not jonesing for it. I fear it. It will be the ultimate whitewashing of Regina to show that the curse she cast in anger because she wanted to hurt people ended up being the best thing for them, so they can't even resent her for it (not that they do, but if this happens, they'll have to actually be grateful). And it would be just like these writers to pull something like that.

That is EXACTLY what I think & fear it will be. I expect Snow or Emma to tell Regina that her curse was the best thing that ever happened to them. Because TS;TW.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Souris said:

I expect Snow or Emma to tell Regina that her curse was the best thing that ever happened to them. Because TS;TW.

If that does happen, I may be done. Like, big, public Twitter flounce done. It would make it unwatchable, so much so that it overwhelms the few remaining things I like and my curiosity about how it will work out.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Souris said:

I expect Snow or Emma to tell Regina that her curse was the best thing that ever happened to them. Because TS;TW.

How do they do that and then follow it up with orphaned 7 year old Emma?

I'm having a hard time buying into this whole AU thing. The set spoilers for 6x10 and 6x11 don't seem to support this with Robin and Stealthy being alive in Storybrooke. Stealthy is especially puzzling. Stealthy dies well after the Regina/Tink scenes in the EF. The Robin is Storybrooke, in those clothes looks like the Robin after 4x16. 

I think it might end up being the Captain Swan time travel adventure from season 3, but on a larger scale.

I'm really apprehensive about Robin coming back, even if it's just for magical shenanigans. There's still a sour taste from his abrupt death and I don't think another conclusion will make it any sweeter. In fact, I think dragging the issue out again will just make it worse. Fans want to see Robin back from the dead, not Weird!Robin making a guest appearance. I don't have faith that whatever they do will honor the character or give Regina (and the audience) any some sort of satisfaction. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

Because everything Emma gets, Regina has to get, only bigger, better, and more special.

Except that it really isn't? The book AU wasn't all that great. If anything, they had Robin fall in love with bandit!Snow's personality rather than Regina. 

She's split, but Henry is spending time with Emma and Hook, not with her. 

So they travel through time again because something messed up happens, and Robin comes back. She has to send him back because it messes up all kinds of timelines in the past, and maybe there are repercussions in the present. It doesn't make it better than what Emma did or got. It turns the whole thing into a mess.

Even David's father, maybe instead of him being actually dead in the present, he hitches a ride by accident with the time travelers and that's where he has been all along, in Storybrooke. 

If they time travel, it's going to turn into a big mess. Emma brought Marian from the past and Elsa accidentally. She caught hell for it.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The book AU wasn't all that great. If anything, they had Robin fall in love with bandit!Snow's personality rather than Regina. 

I don't think the writers were conscious of that. I got the feeling that the irony of all of it -- that the Regina fangirls were actually fangirls of Bandit Snow and that Robin was actually falling in love with Bandit Snow -- went right over their heads and was entirely unintentional. But perhaps I should amend it to be that anything Emma has, Regina has to get, but without the substance: the TLK with Henry, the love interest, white magic, Savior status, the hand bandage, and now possibly time travel. But I don't expect Regina to catch hell over anything to do with the time travel. She'll be hailed as a hero for whatever she does, and any negative consequences of her time travel will be ignored.

As for the time with Henry, that's pretty typical. She generally ditches him whenever she has something else to worry about, but then when they want to say what a great mom she is, they ignore that and act like she and Henry have had this awesome relationship all along.

I wonder, though, if the time travel has anything to do with the Evil Queen rather than Regina. But I guess if she's macking on Rumple, she wouldn't care about bringing Robin back, unless the demand that she kill Zelena was a big turnoff.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I wonder, though, if the time travel has anything to do with the Evil Queen rather than Regina. But I guess if she's macking on Rumple, she wouldn't care about bringing Robin back, unless the demand that she kill Zelena was a big turnoff.

Gold has a vial of golden sand in a vial in one of the promo stills. It looks like the same sand that sent him in Belle's dreamscape in episode 6x01.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Gold has a vial of golden sand in a vial in one of the promo stills. It looks like the same sand that sent him in Belle's dreamscape in episode 6x01.

Oh, that could be how we end up with Robin, in someone's dreamscape.

I suspect we'll be disappointed with whatever way Robin shows up because we'll have come up with about twelve more creative methods by the time the episode airs.

• Love 3

I was wondering if the sands from the Temple of Morpheus wouldn't be involved in the Snowing sleep curse, but I figured that might be too logical. I'll laugh if they end up being used for some other random thing. I wonder if Morpheus gets pissed that all this shit is being done in his realm. Also, does Emma kill Damien or simply subdue him? Because if he dies then that's not really hopeful for Rumbellers either. 

I don't think this is a no curse AU because they are all in Storybrooke, which requires a curse in order to exist. Plus, Emma has Henry there when she's fighting Damien and he wouldn't exist without a curse either. Neal left the Enchanted Forest long before Regina was born, so it's not like any changes to Regina's past would affect where he was. It's possible that maybe someone else cast the curse and that changed things. Say Regina wishes that she'd gone into the tavern or something, then her side changes, but others remain fairly similar so Emma is still the sacrificial child sent to the real world because she's the Saviour. It follows the oracle's words about the path changing, but the destination being the same.

• Love 1

It seems like we're missing big chunks of the story, what with Robin, Morpheus, August and Stealthy all coming back. We thought the same with the S5 finale, and just assumed the puzzle pieces would come together. But they didn't. It never made more sense after airing and seeing everything. I believe the same thing will be happening in the next couple of episodes. It's going to be very contrived.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

If that does happen, I may be done. Like, big, public Twitter flounce done. It would make it unwatchable, so much so that it overwhelms the few remaining things I like and my curiosity about how it will work out.

If that happens, please alert us before your Twitter flounce! I want to make popcorn.

11 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

I was wondering if the sands from the Temple of Morpheus wouldn't be involved in the Snowing sleep curse, but I figured that might be too logical. I'll laugh if they end up being used for some other random thing. I wonder if Morpheus gets pissed that all this shit is being done in his realm. Also, does Emma kill Damien or simply subdue him? Because if he dies then that's not really hopeful for Rumbellers either. 

I don't think this is a no curse AU because they are all in Storybrooke, which requires a curse in order to exist. Plus, Emma has Henry there when she's fighting Damien and he wouldn't exist without a curse either. Neal left the Enchanted Forest long before Regina was born, so it's not like any changes to Regina's past would affect where he was. It's possible that maybe someone else cast the curse and that changed things. Say Regina wishes that she'd gone into the tavern or something, then her side changes, but others remain fairly similar so Emma is still the sacrificial child sent to the real world because she's the Saviour. It follows the oracle's words about the path changing, but the destination being the same.

Interesting thought about someone else casting the curse. Maybe that's where Zelena could come back in.

There does seem to be something hinky about the AU/pseudo-AU/whatever it is, so that it's clearly not a straight AU. Stealthy & Robin are back alive and in SB. (Though one or either could possibly have something to do with a genie wish.) There were reports of Emma & Regina in both EF and SB clothes in the "AU," so it could be a dreamscape sort of thing where Emma & Regina are sharing a dream. (Baiting alert!) We did have the pic of Emma asleep in bed that JMo posted.

• Love 1

I would support the dreamscape theory much more than a straight-up AU. That's more consistent with what we've seen so far. It could also explain why we see Damien aged up. However, it would be a little weird to see Emma swordfighting a baby, even if he is an adult in the dreamscape.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I would support the dreamscape theory much more than a straight-up AU. That's more consistent with what we've seen so far. It could also explain why we see Damien aged up. However, it would be a little weird to see Emma swordfighting a baby, even if he is an adult in the dreamscape.

This where things stop making sense with the spoilers.

It just seems like something happens that makes the Enchanted Forest bleed into Storybrooke. It's not just Stealthy that's alive, the dwarves are dressed like they're from the EF, and they're with Mayor Mills. But in another scene, it's Emma going after EQ with a sword while Hook and Regina try to stop her. There's got to be something to that. For one, Emma wouldn't even be able to hurt EQ. But then, EQ has a fight with Gideon (might as well call him by his real name) and is actually hurt. She has a bloody cheek. So that means she can actually get hurt. Unless it's Regina passing herself off as the EQ trying to do her part. Emma has a fight with him while everyone is frozen and wins her battle.

There's a scene with Emma, Hook and August, presumably in EF clothing in 6x11. 

And Robin from what I gather doesn't look quite right in Storybrooke. His hair and beard are actually darker. And while he's dressed the same as usual in his Storybrooke clothes, the scarf he's wearing is not the same one he usually wears. It's a much darker color. 

Maybe it's a mix of all sorts of things. Like the writers don't know what to do, so they're just throwing all sorts of things together. 

Jen posted a picture of Emma asleep. Maybe it's her dreamscape. Or maybe she's infiltrating people's dreams.

Or everyone is just in a collective coma/having a collective hallucination because they all eat the same thing at Granny's and it's all her fault.

• Love 2