Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Probably in the minority, but I fell asleep 3 times trying to get through The Princess and the Frog, so this doesn't bode well for me. 

Plus of course this feels completely wedged in. They already have an arc dealing with something specific. What do they need a Disney princess for? Is it an ABC requirement that they should have one per season. Why not just bring back Ariel or someone else that's already established on the show, and leave the new toy for an arc that makes more sense than Jekyll and Hyde?

• Love 2
YaddaYadda, on 02 Apr 2016 - 8:49 PM, said:

Thank God for small favors, I guess? Whoever wrote it knew what they were doing if this is fake.

I'm not sure if that's a good sign for the show if we considered it credible...

• Love 4

when they first announced the casting notice for the two brothers i did wonder if they were Hades' brothers and the progression from the UW arc would be on to Olympus and the other gods but we'd already seen Posiedon and not so long ago that they'd recast.

I think they tried carefully to make sure that wasn't the Hades-equivalent Poseidon.  I think that was just a merman king, because IIRC, there was a comment about Ursula being named after the goddess Ursula.

Poseidon called himself a god. However, I don't think we'll be seeing him this season. The only other "god" we may see in this arc is Zeus. 

I think Zeus is  the safest bet. They seem to be moving along the sibling relationships this season, and it hasn't been all that bad thus far.

What's interesting about Hades, him not being able to harm people in the "Above World" seems to sort of explain how Poseidon was not able to do much about Hook when he threatened him. These Gods become limited the moment they're not on their turf. I'm guessing that since the JR wasn't in the middle of the ocean that there was nothing much Poseidon could do.

Hm, still there are so many sons and daughters of Zeus that they could work with, I'm trying to fit the two brothers into my Olympus head canon. 

I'm going to keep hoping until I'm forced to write fanfic. 

(edited)

Looks like they did some filming today with extras in Elizabethan dress to finish up the season. Maybe this is Jeckyl/Hyde related but costumes don't seem to match time periods unless it's an EF thing.

Be aware that source for photos is Larry so would prefer not to link here or spoiler only thread. Moved my questions about this to fandom thread.

Edited by sharky

However, I'm not quite clear on what it could be for the end of this season. I am guessing since from what we have seen (most) everyone is coming back into Storybrooke that we are looking at the next big baddie will be coming into Storybrooke vs. realm hopping.

Buried in the squeeing of the Captain Swan shippers was the information regarding Sideburns and the rest of the filming in Steveston. It appears Regina and Henry walked off alone and ran into the guy and asked him who the hell he was. There was more conversation and then Regina gave him the keys to the car and Sideburns got in and drove off. I think this is the big part of whatever leads into S6. What happened there? Did he hypnotize or cast a spell on Regina? Why would she just hand a stranger the keys to the car?

How does Sideburns even know how to drive, if he came directly from Victorian England? There was also a picture of Henry handing Regina a piece of paper. Regina places it on the ground and does some enchantment with it. Maybe they're tracking Sideburns using that paper. Yeah. Sideburns is definitely Mr. Hyde, because how is he even in Storybrooke? Maybe the last scene will be the audience seeing Mr. Hyde transforming back into Jekyll.

I'm still very confused about the finale. The two episodes can't just be about Henry and Violet's New York adventures, Henry's moms chasing after them, and Zelena and co. finding Jekyll in alternate Victorian England.

My theory is that Belle takes off after 5x21 with baby on board, and heads out to NYC, and Rumple follows her. Maybe he wants to prove to her that he can make a go of things without magic.

My main problem with this now is that magic seems to exist in NYC. In some of the BTS, Regina looks to be reading from pieces of papers before the Snowing, Killian and Zelena show up in the middle of the fountain. So if Rumple wants to prove something to Belle, he will have to really go cold turkey, and not use anything magic.

We shall see.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm still very confused about the finale. The two episodes can't just be about Henry and Violet's New York adventures, Henry's moms chasing after them, and Zelena and co. finding Jekyll in alternate Victorian England.

The finale looks incredibly lame and boring. There is nothing exciting about it other than the CS kiss, and that's really sad.

I think Zeus is  the safest bet. They seem to be moving along the sibling relationships this season, and it hasn't been all that bad thus far.

The casting call for Prince Marcus in episode 5x21 sounds a lot like him:

PRINCE MARCUS: Late 30s-Late40s. Looks and acts like he was born to be King. He is wise, handsome, and authoritative. A ruler who will deal harsh justice when it is necessary, but he also knows the power of kindness and forgiveness.

Edited by RadioGirl27

The casting call for Prince Marcus in episode 5x21 sounds a lot like him:

I agree. Younger than GG makes this guy's character younger than Hades, and it is clear by that terrible THR interview that Zeus at least will be on screen. They don't need to cast Poseidon since they already had him on screen. 

I'm a tad intrigued about how we got the casting for season 6, and a hint as to who these people are, while we know nothing about this "Prince Marcus". I'm not sure why they would spoil for season 6, but not for the upcoming episodes.

• Love 2

So Pistachio is going to be named Robin, right? I kinda believe he can't come up with a name for her because he only gets 2 lines in the episodes he's in. Gotta save those words.

Sideburns and co. have to be related to Hades, they dress the same way!

Dorothy (and her little dog too!) must have either been trapped in the time bubble or somehow stopped aging since she's going to appear in the present(ish) day Ruby Slippers episode. I assume that episode will also answer the question of how Zelena got from Oz to Storybrooke.

• Love 1

Not so thrilled about Gaston's episode. It's a bummer that the arrow doesn't reveal Rumple is still a Dark One. That would have been all kinds of awesome. I speculate Gaston isn't going to change anything, though. We have no evidence he does and we know Rumple lives.

• Love 1

Pistachio is totally gonna be called Robin, but she'll always be Pistachio in our hearts. Can't wait to hear Snow's speech about how much they all loved Robin!

No next episode promo?

• Love 4

I think the not naming of Baby Hood is a sodding great sign post that Robin is going to give his life for hers and she's going to be named after him....

You know what's worse for me? That Zelena is likely the person that will end up naming her that. 

• Love 3

Not so thrilled about Gaston's episode. It's a bummer that the arrow doesn't reveal Rumple is still a Dark One. That would have been all kinds of awesome. I speculate Gaston isn't going to change anything, though. We have no evidence he does and we know Rumple lives.

What is it with the arrows on this show anyway?  The new test is shooting arrows at Dark Ones who can turn you to dust with a flick of their wrists?  I suppose Gaston will go the way of Milah, unless we somehow see a TLK between Belle and Gaston in the Underworld and then his little heart will be restored.   I would think a TLK would work for him just by kissing a mirror...

Again, this is another distraction, another filler episode.  Just like "our decay."  I suspect the "heroes" will have decamped to another familiar location to listen to more of Henry's breakfast stories while they lament trying to leave. Whatevs.

You know, they're trying to look for a way out, but do they have any idea how to bring Killian back with them? I think that's a huge problem since the whole plan fell apart the second Emma's magic protected her heart from being taken. 

They find a way out, and oopsie daisy! how do we bring the pirate home?! They have zero idea what the logistics will entail or if it can even be done at this point. 

But Belle is there, so maybe she can do research for them!

So Gaston wants vengeance? They all want vengeance! 

Considering the situation Belle is in right now, I'm looking forward to this episode just to see where the wind will blow her. Because she was present in all those Zelena/Pistachio moments and especially when Zelena makes the sacrifice of giving the baby back because she can't protect her. 

(edited)

Yeah, the poor guy is going to end up either in Mount Doom or in the River of Lost Souls.

Ugh, I hate Rumple so much, and the fact that he is still alive in the season finale is trully disgusting.

You know, they're trying to look for a way out, but do they have any idea how to bring Killian back with them? I think that's a huge problem since the whole plan fell apart the second Emma's magic protected her heart from being taken.

That's nothing new. They went to the UW without a real plan to save him. Now they are just making time until the solution presents itself.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

Yeah, why isn't Emma freaking out about trying to find a way to bring Hook back? Is the only spoiler we have about solving that issue the temple thing with the "Only True Love Can Pass" statue next to it? Do they just happily stumble across that place and it solves all their problems, or does Emma actively search for it after doing some research and investigating?

My guess is that Gaston will be retconned so that he'll turn out to be the asshole from the movie just to make Rumple look better. Then he'll probably be killed by Rumple again as well.

• Love 3
(edited)

My guess is that Gaston will be retconned so that he'll turn out to be the asshole from the movie just to make Rumple look better. Then he'll probably be killed by Rumple again as well.

Ding ding ding. Isn't this also the episode where Belle pushes Gaston into the water? Belle won't care that Rumple killed Gaston the first time in the Enchanted Forest, but the fact that Gaston wants revenge over his killer in the Underworld makes him a huge douchebag who deserves to be humiliated and pushed in the water? The morality on this show is insane.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 6
(edited)

It was her name on the tombstone that prevented Emma's heart from being taken. We're supposed to think Emma's heart can be taken if she allows it. So, the geniuses probably think they can still do the heart-split once they get Emma's name off the tombstone.

Yeah, why isn't Emma freaking out about trying to find a way to bring Hook back? Is the only spoiler we have about solving that issue the temple thing with the "Only True Love Can Pass" statue next to it? Do they just happily stumble across that place and it solves all their problems, or does Emma actively search for it after doing some research and investigating?

Maybe Ruby helps them sniff it out. Just kidding. Or not. 

If Ruby ends up in the Underworld looking for Dorothy, is the LGBT romance between her and Dorothy? Or is that a fakeout, and Dorothy is in Oz after all, and Mulan and Dorothy end up together. One episode dedicated to building an LGBT pairing is almost like a slap in the face, but then I remember the True Love Hades felt for Zelena after a single bike-ride.

However, they disagree over whether to use dark magic, as Belle forbids Rumplestiltskin from using his powers for evil.

This is just pathetic and pointless, Belle.

Edited by Rumsy4
(edited)

Yeah, why isn't Emma freaking out about trying to find a way to bring Hook back?

Probably because she's in a very similar boat. What I don't understand is why Regina, Emma, and Snow are all considered part of the Underworld now, but the others aren't. What difference does it make? Are they dead? Hades isn't going to let the "alive" ones go either. The heroes don't care, so I don't either. We know they all escape from spoilers, anyway. (As if it weren't already a given.)

That's so stupid. I was hoping Belle would dump Rumple for Gaston. Too bad he's only in this episode.

Meanwhile, Hades secretly meets with Gaston in the Underworld and encourages him to seek revenge on Rumplestiltskin.

I hate they're making Gaston's inclusion a revenge plot. They're going to repeat the Liam/Killian/Emma with Gaston/Belle/Rumple. What little character he has is going to be sacrificed at the altar of Rumpbelle.

However, Dorothy mysteriously disappears, and Ruby’s search for her new friend lands her in the Underworld.

And no craps are given.

Meanwhile, Snow and David struggle with not being able to be with their son, Neal, and devise a plan so that one of them can escape the Underworld

I have a problem with this. Snow and David didn't miss Emma at all during the Missing Year, but they're freaking out about Snowflake. I understand Emma is a grown woman and can take care of herself, but to panic over one child and not miss the other at all is screwy. (Or you know, they could have left one parent behind to watch the baby in first place!)

Edited by KingOfHearts

That's so stupid. I was hoping Belle would dump Rumple for Gaston. Too bad he's only in this episode.

Dump Rumple for a dead Gaston? When she is pregnant with Rumple's child? Nah... Belle is better off single. 

Meanwhile, Snow and David struggle with not being able to be with their son, Neal, and devise a plan so that one of them can escape the Underworld

What happened to the hope speech from Snow saying she wanted to be with all her family? 

What happened to the hope speech from Snow saying she wanted to be with all her family?

Mary Margaret came back, and I won't have to say insincere nice things about Regina any longer?

• Love 2

Ugh, next two weeks sound like a major snooze fest and knowing what is coming in 5.19 even without a press release, wake me up when we get to episode 5.20.  

I don't care about Belle and her past.  I don't care about Dorothy and Oz people planning how to handle Zelena.  I seriously cannot imagine who in the writers room says, "Hey, since we're in the middle of an arc about rescuing Hook from the Underworld and the lengths to which True Love will journey, I bet everyone is dying to know what's happening in Oz!  We better devote some episodes to that.  It will tie everything together!"  Do you know when I would have cared about that?  Season 3B.  Three episodes in a row where Hook, Emma, and even Regina are essentially afterthoughts, until we get to 5.19 when Regina takes center stage again. And then we get Merida in 22?  This is a long stretch of episodes to get through to the CS kiss. 

• Love 5

Three episodes in a row where Hook, Emma, and even Regina are essentially afterthoughts, until we get to 5.19 when Regina takes center stage again. And then we get Merida in 22?  This is a long stretch of episodes to get through to the CS kiss. 

It's like we are the ones doing penance for something. :-p

• Love 4
(edited)

Dump Rumple for a dead Gaston? When she is pregnant with Rumple's child? Nah... Belle is better off single.

I was hoping Gaston would get resurrected and help Belle raise Rumple's baby. Oh and Rumple would be dead too.

I don't care about Dorothy and Oz people planning how to handle Zelena.

We know Dorothy fails in killing Zelena. No suspense there. Dorothy is Merida's double. No reason to watch.

I don't care about Belle and her past.

Again, we're pretty sure this culminates into nothing. It's 4x06 all over again.

We're sitting through all this to get a CS kiss, New York scenes, and Jeckyll/Hyde. 5B went from intriguing to predictable fast.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

We're sitting through all this to get a CS kiss, New York scenes, and Jeckyll/Hyde. 5B went from intriguing to predictable fast.

The New York scenes aren't even that intriguing to me because who cares about Henry and Violet? So basically, the next month is going to be me twiddling my thumbs and hoping for an occasional exciting B-Plot to keep me engaged. I might end up walking away enjoying 5A more than 5B if these next few episodes are duds.

• Love 1
Selina K, on 04 Apr 2016 - 2:18 PM, said:

"Hey, since we're in the middle of an arc about rescuing Hook from the Underworld and the lengths to which True Love will journey, I bet everyone is dying to know what's happening in Oz!  We better devote some episodes to that.  It will tie everything together!"  

I guess that happens when you use a recurring character as a villain for half a season and then not only decide to bring her back as a regular two seasons later but also decide that it would be fun if she got a redemption arc.

Whether we like the core characters or not, they were there from the beginning and we had a chance to get to know them from the start and develop an interest in who they are. But I don't thnk we were ever meant to like Zelena. She was supposed to be a villain for half a season and she got defeated. The story was over and we all moved on and all of a sudden we now have to care for a character and all of that background we were never meant to care about. It simply can't work and I agree. I'm about as interested in all of that as I was in Arthur's and Merlin's and Merida's story. Which is not at all.

• Love 4

Um......so if Emma has a nightmare that she sees coming true (as am I by the sound of those press releases ).....BUT if we see on screen Emma having that nightmare then she better be curled up in bed next to Killian so he can comfort her!

• Love 4
(edited)

they should have stayed clear of the LGBT story, or at least not said anything about it, because it kinda looks like it will amount to nothing.

I'm not down with a TLK at all either since it doesn't look as though they will be exploring anything concrete in terms of a relationship.

So Ruby falls into the Underworld, somehow. Then in 5x18, she sets out to find Dorothy who is in the UW. It better because she has the silver slippers, and Ruby needs them to get back to wherever she was before she ended up in the UW.

Otherwise, the writers made up a ship name with their title for the episode.

Maybe that's what Dorothy's problem was. She figured she was gay or bi, and her family chased her out of Kansas.

Um......so if Emma has a nightmare that she sees coming true (as am I by the sound of those press releases ).....BUT if we see on screen Emma having that nightmare then she better be curled up in bed next to Killian so he can comfort her!

First thought that occurred to me.

The second one was that the filming showed CS on the rooftop, and it sounded like Emma was telling him about her nightmare. So next best thing is for her to wake up, with that side of the bed empty. She'll probably wake up in the loft, because this show sucks that way.

I'm going through a negative streak right now. That 5x18 press release was aggravating.

Edited by YaddaYadda

I wonder if her nightmare is Henry revealing in the morning's pages that sometimes she drinks coffee instead of hot chocolate with cinnamon!  The horror!

Not excited about either press release.  One week the heroes want to "defeat Hades"  the next week the heroes of Snow and Charming want to sneak out of town.  Umm, why are they on this adventure again?  When have they ever gone on an adventure that's lasted 1 day?  I guess Ginny gets to go because she's got to promote Zootopia...

Gaston really has nothing to lose if he takes on Rumple, I can't see the point of it.  It's not like Belle's going to choose Rumple again, oh wait...

I could care less if there's a Ruby/Dorothy or Ruby/Mulan relationship.  It would be odd though that Mulan isn't in a relationship because she was the one who was attracted to Aurora to begin with.  The thing is, it's not like Ruby, Dorothy or Mulan are going to become significant characters again, their arcs have already played out.

All of this is filler until they stumble upon the way out through the Greek Temple in what 5.20 or 5.19.  Until then our "heroes" are basically wandering and camping in Neverland (or Underbrooke) until they magically find their way out.

It's unbelievable to me that they aren't trying right now, they've got Hook, yet they're just waiting for Henry to write some new pages?  Try talking to him in his sleep!  Do something gang!

• Love 1