Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

A&E said that 5B was going to be similar to S1... not sure how. It looks like the same random craziness we've had for the past 3 seasons. The Lost creators also said S6 would be like S1, and that was a disaster.

With Young Snow returning, I think 5B is an overview of the main characters' lives. They're going to directly confront their pasts through Underworld shenanigans and relationships with dead people. Most of it will probably be callbacks to the show's history from the first season up until now. We got even more Neal mentions last night, so I still think he's secretly coming back. I don't think he'll be announced until the last minute if at all. He would cause the most stir, I would think. (With Graham and Jefferson off the table.)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
Killian will be redeemed and saved...i have no doubt about that whatsoever. ..unless Colin is suddenly announced to be leaving. He is Emma"s big romantic love ...even these writers know they can't push into another one if she lost Killian for good. They have done a good job of practically murdering CS but Killian will forgive Emma.

Colin is clearly still filming seeing as that day Natalie went to set she got an exclusive interview with him. That was for the 100th episode.

We got even more Neal mentions last night, so I still think he's secretly coming back. I don't think he'll be announced until the last minute if at all. He would cause the most stir, I would think. (With Graham and Jefferson off the table.

Why would he cause a stir? This episode made it pretty clear CS is TL and the main couple of the show. He's dead, nothing at all to stir.

Edited by Hookian

With Young Snow returning, I think 5B is an overview of the main characters' lives. They're going to directly confront their pasts through Underworld shenanigans and relationships with dead people.

Yeah, and that way they would retcon more things to make Regina and Rumple look better and everybody else look worse. I'm pretty sure we are going to see Young Snow being a total brat with poor Regina who just wants to be her mother.

• Love 3
With Young Snow returning, I think 5B is an overview of the main characters' lives. They're going to directly confront their pasts through Underworld shenanigans and relationships with dead people. Most of it will probably be callbacks to the show's history from the first season up until now. We got even more Neal mentions last night, so I still think he's secretly coming back.

Oh, I'm sure Neal will make a cameo for an ep. But since MRJ is regular on a midseason show currently filming, he likely won't stay long. Thank heavens.

• Love 2

I'll call Calvinball if Nimue has any influence on Dark Killlian in Camelot. The darkness associated with the dagger carries the dark one on from one host to another. So, Emma can access Rumple and Nimue because their darkness is collected inside her. Hook's darkness comes from Merlin who does not have any darkness from Nimue inside of him. It's like Darkness DNA. The Darkness has the Grail as a common source, but the darkness tree split at Nimue and Merlin. Now, it may be that forging the sword and dagger into one will cause the tethered darkness to combine, but if the dagger and the sword remain in pieces in Camelot, hoiw can a non-corproal Nimue talk to Dark Killian?

Unless there is a Dark One party line and then Merlin should have been chatting with the Imps and Nimue too. Maybe Merlin could have calmed Nimue down if he did anything other than being completely useless.

of course ...you are right. I am so lost trying to follow the DO rules....!

I will throw this out for consideration. A while ago on this board an insightful pixie asked the question. ..can two villians (in this case DOs) who are True Love break the curse with TLK? Once Killian gets all his memories back they're as good a pair of candidates as you will find ...and in a unique situation.

Not saying that's how I would like it to be resolved ...just asking..

Sorry i can't remember who originally asked this or i would give you credit.

Young Snow is returning? Cool.

Everyone get ready for an amazing episode all about Regina getting jealous at Snow's amazing pie baking abilities, and then Regina goes and tears down all of her step daughter's pie baking ribbons. And then later, we can see Regina cry in the corner because Leo refused to dance with her and chose to dance with his daughter instead.

• Love 3

A&E said that 5B was going to be similar to S1... not sure how. It looks like the same random craziness we've had for the past 3 seasons. The Lost creators also said S6 would be like S1, and that was a disaster.

With Young Snow returning, I think 5B is an overview of the main characters' lives. They're going to directly confront their pasts through Underworld shenanigans and relationships with dead people. Most of it will probably be callbacks to the show's history from the first season up until now.

That sounds much more like 3A than it does S1.

They also said that about S5a too as well.

That sounds much more like 3A than it does S1.

I agree. It sounds like the Nevengers are off to a dark place, where their minds will be played with.

They also said that about S5a too as well.

They said that about 4B too, LOL.

Everyone get ready for an amazing episode all about Regina getting jealous at Snow's amazing pie baking abilities, and then Regina goes and tears down all of her step daughter's pie baking ribbons.

So we're finally going to get the origin story of Regina's lasagna tears? I always thought she stole the recipe from Granny before Owen and Kurt came over.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

Even if Regina says she agreed to bring back Killian I think whatever Emma and ghost Hooks discussion is during their one on one scene is why they go back. Other wise wouldn't Hook still be against Emma bringing him back from the dead?

Emma needs therapy and a hug. JFC.

They are bringing back Bailee? Have they seen how much she's grown? Bailee almost looks more like Ginny's baby sister now.

I hope we see Prince James. Mostly so we get two Josh Dallas and so he can see how much of a dick his brother was. lol

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 2

I think whatever Emma and ghost Hooks discussion is during their one on one scene is why they go back. Other wise wouldn't Hook still be against Emma bringing him back from the dead?

Ooh good point. I guess she uses Merida's magic Ale to talk to Killian. Apparently Merida was conveniently carrying it around.

• Love 2

At first I thought Merida was carrying it around just for her dad but then I remembered oh shit Hook does bites it so Emma will probably use that. Also it means the two episodes were still connected some how. Arthur and Zelena were just a bonus.

Ooh good point. I guess she uses Merida's magic Ale to talk to Killian. Apparently Merida was conveniently carrying it around.

Where would she even get it though? She doesn't have a house in Storybrooke as far as we know.

Also it means the two episodes were still connected some how. Arthur and Zelena were just a bonus.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. If it were just Arthur and Zelena, then I'd call the connection pointless. But if the necro-water comes back into play, which is most likely because of the buzz words the Witch was using, then that makes more sense. 

Did anyone else catch Zelena reading Hansel and Gretel? Blind Witch incoming.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I'll call Calvinball if Nimue has any influence on Dark Killlian in Camelot. The darkness associated with the dagger carries the dark one on from one host to another. So, Emma can access Rumple and Nimue because their darkness is collected inside her. Hook's darkness comes from Merlin who does not have any darkness from Nimue inside of him. It's like Darkness.

Ok but then I don't understand where Merlin's darkness came from? And why it didn't turn Merlin into a DO but it did turn Killian. Is that solely because Killian was dying?

The Grail had power and magic. The darkness came from how the recipients used the power.

• Love 3

Even if Regina says she agreed to bring back Killian I think whatever Emma and ghost Hooks discussion is during their one on one scene is why they go back. Other wise wouldn't Hook still be against Emma bringing him back from the dead?

Yeah, but if Hook is somehow alive when he is dragged to the UW, then it's different. It's a rescue mission and not a "let's bring him back from the dead". Not that I think he is going to be alive, I'm pretty sure Emma is going to kill him (him overcoming the darkness and sacrificing himself would be more true to character, but A&E love unnecessary and contrived angst, so Emma killing him is more up their alley).

Where would she even get it though? She doesn't have a house in Storybrooke as far as we know.

Why did Emma have the bear-transforming potion Belle and Merida made in Camelot? The plot needed it. ;-)

I didn't want to point it out elsewhere since it points to where the story may go, but recent pictures of Colin meeting the Cirque du Soleil performers showed that he is currently parting his hair on the "evil" side. 

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 3

I noticed that too about Colin's hair and thought it must mean he's still parting his hair that way on the show. Which could mean he's still dark when he goes to the underworld, which doesn't really make sense since I figured he'd have had all the darkness sucked out of him before he really truly died for reals.

I noticed that too about Colin's hair and thought it must mean he's still parting his hair that way on the show. Which could mean he's still dark when he goes to the underworld, which doesn't really make sense since I figured he'd have had all the darkness sucked out of him before he really truly died for reals.

I would imagine he would be stuck in the appearance in which he died.

I believe the old dude is the director.

Edited by Souris

I didn't want to point it out elsewhere since it points to where the story may go, but recent pictures of Colin meeting the Cirque de Soleil performers showed that he is currently parting his hair on the "evil" side.

Awesome. The 5B storyline just sells itself. Maybe they should come back with Liam instead and leave Hook.

Awesome. The 5B storyline just sells itself. Maybe they should come back with Liam instead and leave Hook.

Yeah because that would go over well. Nope CS is the main couple and TL. That's not gonna change.

I didn't want to point it out elsewhere since it points to where the story may go, but recent pictures of Colin meeting the Cirque de Soleil performers showed that he is currently parting his hair on the "evil" side. 

Interesting. Maybe my theory about Dark One Hook as 5B's main villain will actually be true. We're all assuming Hook gets rid of the darkness at the end of 5A, but what if there isn't a way to completely destroy the darkness without killing himself, so he does the next best thing and goes to the Underworld (with the darkness still in him) to protect the people from Storybrooke? A&E did say one of 5B's themes was the past coming back to haunt you, so Dark One Hook as the main villain is a constant reminder to Emma that she technically created the new villain du jour.

Yeah because that would go over well. Nope CS is the main couple and TL. That's not gonna change.

I'm presuming the sarcasm underlying my remark about Liam was evident.

YMMV but I have about zero interest in watching Hook battle a darkness forced upon him by Emma any longer than necessary. They may be the main couple but A&E have proven they don't handle romance well especially the longer it stretches out. If they can destroy Robin's character for the sake of romance, the same fate could befall Hook quite easily.

Edited by chrisvee
  • Love 1

I'm presuming the sarcasm underlying my remark about Liam was evident.

YMMV but I have about zero interest in watching Hook battle a darkness forced upon him by Emma any longer than necessary. They may be the main couple but A&E have proven they don't handle romance well especially the longer it stretches out. If they can destroy Robin's character for the sake of romance, the same fate could befall Hook quite easily.

Lucky for us I doubt we'll see Dark Hook for longer than an episode. Because he's teaming up with Regina in 5x11 and that would not be happening if he was still Dark Hook.

Lucky for us I doubt we'll see Dark Hook for longer than an episode. Because he's teaming up with Regina in 5x11 and that would not be happening if he was still Dark Hook.

Do we have a spoiler that they team up in SB? We know they have a scene together, but I must have missed something specifying that they team up there. I know they teased “an adventure with Hook and the Evil Queen” in the first half of the season at NYCC, but that's clearly the flashback.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

Because he's teaming up with Regina in 5x11 and that would not be happening if he was still Dark Hook.

I have no idea how long he's going to be Dark Hook. It could be an episode, it could be the half season.   But, I don't think he needs to be unDark Hooked to team up with Regina.

When Rumple was the Dark One--even the Dark Imp version--he helped out Hook and Emma, Charming and Snow . . .   Yes, it was to get something he wanted, but he still did it.

If teaming up ensures his survival or is going to further Hook's agenda, a Dark Hook would team up with Regina, and Regina would be okay with it, as long as she thought it met her needs at the time.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 1

Let's not forget that Zelena is now running around with full magic and probably wanting her baby back. I can't imagine Regina is all that interested in the Dark Ones' issues unless they collide with Regina's needs. I don't think Regina & Hook are teaming up in the present because there's too much we already know about the present stuff for them to do much.

• Love 2

I have no idea how long he's going to be Dark Hook. It could be an episode, it could be the half season.   But, I don't think he needs to be unDark Hooked to team up with Regina.

I hope he's not dark for the rest of the season. That's a total retread of what we've already seen... just with another character. After this arc, I want to do something different from Dark One stuff.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I didn't want to point it out elsewhere since it points to where the story may go, but recent pictures of Colin meeting the Cirque du Soleil performers showed that he is currently parting his hair on the "evil" side.

OMG...that and cloth fabrics? It's Bizarro Hook!

• Love 3

It would absolutely make sense if Hook still looked dark in the Underworld. The whole point of his likely sacrifice is him being the SOLE host of the Darkness, like Emma was planning for Zelena. He'd die with the Darkness still attached, that wouldn't be undone. What I worry about now is the very likely chance that this leaves a way for Rumple to reclaim the mantle once again after realizing heroism doesn't do it for him, as Eddy recently hinted might happen.

• Love 4

I hope he's not dark for the rest of the season. That's a total retread of what we've already seen... just with another character. After this arc, I want to do something different from Dark One stuff.

I'm sort of hoping the Dark One stuff is shelved, too. I just think that we can't judge if he's back to normal based on whether or not he's working with Team Storybrooke. If the Dark One source is something connected to the Greek pantheon, like they've basically said, Hades takes immortality off the the assumption list, Dark One or not.

Even if he's (hopefully not) wrathful and furious and extra evil, he'd team up with them if it meant he was more likely to survive.

If the Dark One source is something connected to the Greek pantheon, like they've basically said, Hades takes immortality off the the assumption list, Dark One or not.

I would think Hades would want to assist in ridding the world of Dark Ones once and for all, since immortality it sort of gets in the way of his job.

• Love 2

A&E love to repeat themselves, so I can see the season going like this: Emma is the DO all 5A and Hook is the DO all 5B, and by the end of the season, when the destruction of both characters is complete, Rumple gets his DO powers back and Hook's redemption (if he survives) is totally undone and he (and CS) are back in square one.

I'm surprised they didn't plan for a more fluffy big event for the 100th like a wedding or musical episode or some ridiculous Disney breaking the 4th wall meta thing. It sounds business as usual even with the returning parade of villains. If they didn't want to break the flow of the story it could've been a standalone special.

I'm starting to think the Underworld/confronting the past is going to be too doom and gloom on the heels of this DOs stuff.

• Love 2

A while ago on this board an insightful pixie asked the question. ..can two villians (in this case DOs) who are True Love break the curse with TLK? Once Killian gets all his memories back they're as good a pair of candidates as you will find ...and in a unique situation.

Not saying that's how I would like it to be resolved

...but can 2 people who are cursed break it with TLK or does one of them have to be curse free? Wasn't there a description from someone who watched filming say it looks like Killian and Emma walk off.into the woods on their own and she comes back de-Darked?

Sorry i can't remember who originally asked this or i would give you credit.

Edited by PixiePaws1

It would absolutely make sense if Hook still looked dark in the Underworld. The whole point of his likely sacrifice is him being the SOLE host of the Darkness, like Emma was planning for Zelena. He'd die with the Darkness still attached, that wouldn't be undone. What I worry about now is the very likely chance that this leaves a way for Rumple to reclaim the mantle once again after realizing heroism doesn't do it for him, as Eddy recently hinted might happen.

Well, Rumple got the most half-assed redemption in a show whose alternative title could be "Half-Assed Redemptions Here", so it's only logical he will revert. Honestly, the opposite (that such a stupid effort will stick) would bug me more.

• Love 1

Wasn't there a description from someone who watched filming say it looks like Killian and Emma walk off.into the woods on their own and she comes back de-Darked?

This is a pretty exhaustive round up of spoilers for 5.11. The question of whether Emma was Saviour or Dark when she meets with Hook by the lake is up in the air, but it was confirmed that her hair was down. There were photos of her as Dark!Swan earlier with the rest of the cast and then later as normal, but it's possible that they were filming two separate scenes with the larger cast and the Captain Swan stuff which was filmed last would fall in between.

This is a pretty exhaustive round up of spoilers for 5.11. The question of whether Emma was Saviour or Dark when she meets with Hook by the lake is up in the air, but it was confirmed that her hair was down. There were photos of her as Dark!Swan earlier with the rest of the cast and then later as normal, but it's possible that they were filming two separate scenes with the larger cast and the Captain Swan stuff which was filmed last would fall in between.

The two group scenes were different scenes, because the characters were wearing different clothes. So, 1) Group scene with DS, 2) Group scene with Emma de-darkened in which Gold cuts his hand with the dagger and 3) CS scene with her hair down. The placement of the CS scene could be between 1 & 2 or last.

Also, the group is wearing the same clothes in Scene 2 that they're wearing in all the pics from UW Scarybrooke. So it looks to me like a time jump between scenes 1 & 2, with 5B continuing on very shortly after Scene 2.

Edited by Souris

I am with people wishing DHook end with some redemption in the season final. I still think the most probable for the final is his sacrafice before going to UW.

Emma still weiring his ring in the final and there at least 1 or 2 scene between Emma and Hook.

But, most of all I cannot see A and E totally screw up CS beyond repair. Adding, nothing in the interview indicate that at all.

Beside Hook was supposed to be the worst villain in the history of the show when he arrived and he was more a sidekick to Cora and comic relief than anything else.