Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Am I the only one that wants to see Milah come back too? I mean, Hook literally gave his hand for her and she was his first love.

I forgot about Milah in my list. I kept reading it over and over, and I was convinced I was missing someone.

Let me be perfectly honest, I wanna see none of these people back. Not Snow's parents, not David's mother (another one I just realized I forgot), not Regina's parents, not Hook's brother or love, not Robin's wife (especially since we went around this question a million times)...

The drama will once more be centered around people who aren't the main cast. 

• Love 1

Am I the only one that wants to see Milah come back too? I mean, Hook literally gave his hand for her and she was his first love. I don't think it would interfere in the Captain Swan storyline and would actually be a good reminder than he's moved on and changed but can still have the power to be deeply in love and loyal when he finds the right person.

I forgot about her. I wouldn't mind having her back. She has history with both Hook and Rumple. She can see Henry. It would be nice for Hook to get a chance to say a proper goodbye for once. 

The drama will once more be centered around people who aren't the main cast.

I see what you mean, but at these people actually have history with the main characters, as opposed something made up for the arc as usually happens. So, I feel that they won't take the focus away from the mains.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

I think Hook goes to the Underworld in 5x11 and gets rescued in 5x11. In that process, somehow the bumbling fools of EF opened up a portal from the Underworld to their town leading to 5B. I bet the last shot of 5x11 is Cora in Storybrooke and she's the big cheese of 5B with Hades.

That's why Hook isn't in any of the filming where DS and Rump seems to be running around town with the rest of the crew. The rescue is part of how DS gets de-darked. Maybe the former DOs including Nimue are in the "in between" world and they're roaming free cause the portal is just starting to crack. The DO vault could be the in between. Or all former DOs got recruited to be Hades' minions.

I just want Ingrid, Cruella and Pan back. Don't care about the rest. And if somehow Merlin died, his sexy butt better be back too. Then again, the longer they stick around the more chances they'll be ruined. See Cora.

Cora isn't in 5x11. She's coming for 5x12 and only for that episode. Do you really think if Cora was coming back if hell was in SB that it would just be for one episode? I mean this is Cora we're talking about after all.

Edited by Hookian

with the pic of Gold cutting his hand. ..which I think means they need the blood of someone who has 'returned' from the other side of life (and that's a big shout out to you FuckWitFire- can't thank you enough for that! ) my guess is that is to either:

1-close the 'door' through which all the cloaked figures have come;

or

2- open a way for Emma to get to the UW and the last scene of the finale will be her disappearing through whatever doorway or getting on Charon's ferry or whatever method they're using

(although I'd love it if the last actual shot was her tapping Killian on the shoulder in the Elysian Fields outside of Papa Jones' shack and asking to be introduced to Papa and the tall curly haired dude that Papa is playing checkers with on the porch!!! )

• Love 3

with the pic of Gold cutting his hand. ..which I think means they need the blood of someone who has 'returned' from the other side of life (and that's a big shout out to you FuckWitFire- can't thank you enough for that! ) my guess is that is to either:

1-close the 'door' through which all the cloaked figures have come;

or

2- open a way for Emma to get to the UW and the last scene of the finale will be her disappearing through whatever doorway or getting on Charon's ferry or whatever method they're using

(although I'd love it if the last actual shot was her tapping Killian on the shoulder in the Elysian Fields outside of Papa Jones' shack and asking to be introduced to Papa and the tall curly haired dude that Papa is playing checkers with on the porch!!! )

Great theories, another possibility is to get in touch with Hook. It could be possible one of the last scenes is Emma on her way to the UW w/whomever else is coming along.

Edited by Hookian

The pic of that Crypt Creeper looking person is hilarious.

I don't care who comes back as long as I'm entertained which means I'm keeping that expectation bar set lower than a dollar hooker.

Please show, stop punishing Emma for what the people around her do.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 2

I bet the last shot of 5x11 is Cora in Storybrooke and she's the big cheese of 5B with Hades

Now I have this image of Cora climbing the ladder of the Underworld and becoming Hades' queen or at least his second in command.

When her ghost came in 3x18, it was Young Cora form. Kind of inconsistent if Barbara Hershey was the revived version... but so much more fun.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Now I have this image of Cora climbing the ladder of the Underworld and becoming Hades' queen or at least his second in command.

When her ghost came in 3x18, it was Young Cora form. Kind of inconsistent if Barbara Hershey was the revived version... but so much more fun.

More like she reaches the top of the ladder and promptly shoves Hades off, thus claiming the throne of the Underworld for herself. All hail queen Cora! Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 8
I don't get why they would come to Storybrooke and not go after both David and Robin. It's convenient for the writers to forget that no price was paid when Snow cast the curse to bring everyone back to SB in 3B

Taking this to the magic, spells, and enchantments thread.

It's pretty clear to me from spoilers that Hook is taken to the Underworld.

Last Thursday's filming:

*Scenes beside lake that include Hook, Dark Swan, about 10 "death" figures and all the regulars minus Belle & Zelena.

Last Friday's filming (same location):

*Scene with all the regulars minus Hook, Belle & Zelena. Emma is herself again.

*Scene with all the regulars minus Hook, Belle & Zelena. Emma is herself again. The others have different clothes, so that suggests some period of time jump, whether a day or a couple months. Emma is wearing what appears to be Hook's thumb ring on a chain. Gold cuts his hand with the dagger & drops blood into the water. I think they were either trying to bring him back, communicate with him or "seal" the door to the Underworld.

*Scene with just Emma (hair down), Hook & a mystery woman.

Given that Emma is Dark Swan in the Steveston filming, they filmed out of order. I think that last scene of Emma, Hook & a mystery woman is Emma communicating with his spirit after whatever spell Gold did. That will probably be the last scene of the episode, unless they throw us a hope bone in the form of a scene with Hook in the Underworld.

Edited by Souris

So the LGBT storyline is Red/Mulan, that seems like what Amy Manson is implying. I don't like it as much as I would a genderbent Shang, but better than Mulan/Merida. Now let's just hope they have chemistry (and let's make "Mulan Rouge" happen!)

• Love 4

Merida having 2 centrics makes me wanna break in hives. I so could not give a hoot about her brothers, or her parents. She's getting more backstory with her parents than Emma as Dark Swan is getting with hers.

ETA - I'm guessing Arthur killed her father, just because they won't stop until they've completely character assassinated him?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 7

From the interview, it looks like Merida kidnaps Belle in Camelot? Belle's library must have impressed her (no pun intended :-p). Yeah--not happy Merida is getting two episodes, but at least her second centric will be part of a double-episode.

Honestly, at this point Mulan and Red seem as superfluous to the DS arc as Merida herself. It might have been better to reintroduce them in 5B rather now. After all, they are going to be in 5B as well. A&E should have waited. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

So Merida knew Mulan from a long time ago? That's interesting. And Mulan Rouge? My Frankenwolf heart is broken.

I am also going to guess Arthur killed Fergus (or at least is the villain in her tale). But unlike YaddaYadda (sorry! :P), I'm all for Evil King Shady. Give me Evil Arthur!!!!

Edited by HoodlumSheep
I am also going to guess Arthur killed Fergus (or at least is the villain in her tale). But unlike YaddaYadda (sorry! :P), I'm all for Evil King Shady. Give me Evil Arthur!!!!

I'm fine with it up to a certain extent. I felt genuinely sorry for Arthur after he got smacked down by Merlin, and I don't believe Merlin should be walking around all proud of himself for going to an orphaned boy, telling him he will be king someday. All I saw in that scene was an orphan boy seeking the approval of someone he trusted. Ultimately, Arthur is responsible for the choices he's made, but Merlin should be held accountable too. If he could leave his tree, and go to Arthur, Emma, then he could leave his tree, and offer up some guidance to someone who was losing himself completely.

Predicting a line from 5x09 if Arthur kills Merida's father...

"You're not the Bear King, I'm the Bear King."

They probably named the episode that for shits and giggles. I can picture them in the writers room, with a bag of lays, laughing with their mouths full of chips at how clever they are.

• Love 4

At this stade the spoiler are too hard to read coherently but it still point toward Hook having a big role. I am just unsure of the role yet. (Ghost, DO, Death...)

I am not seing Regina having some big big moment with these spoiler for once she seems to be following DS lead in whatever is happening. I do not say she will have no role, of couse she will but nothing indicate a white magic from her ass moment at all.

So, everything for me is looking good I do need everything being about Hook or CS. I want them to have a real compelling story with a bit a epic because it still a fayritell show afterall.

I still curious about the part of Hook" dad, not a pic of him at all except for the tease with Colin.

• Love 1

That Sneak Peek...

Rumpbelle is so awkward. "Now her fate rests in your hands..." Because goodness knows Belle can't save herself or not hide in obvious places. Shockingly, I have less interest in Rumple than Belle at this point. With the other sneak peek, I actually see a lot more character potential with her as an individual. If Rumple were gone, she could still be a part of the show if the writers put any effort into her. But then again, it would probably just be a bunch of posthumously whitewashing Rumple like it has been with Neal.

Glad to see Merida showing a sliver of sympathy for once.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Sounds like Hercules. I'm hesitant on the possible Meg counterpart though. 18? How old were Herc and Meg in Hercules? Oddly I always thought they were in their 20s.

Meg and Herc are in my top 3 disney pairings (Rapunzel/Flynn and Aladdin/Jasmine are the other two).

Otherwise, if it's not them, then I'll guess Taran and Eilonwy from the Black Cauldron. Just 'cause I can. i'll never let my greatest Ouat wish/theory die!!!!

Random thought: I wonder if they'll tie in Falicier at all, because now (with the underworld/hell theme) it would seem like the time to do it. I know it doesn't fit with the greek mythology stuff, but after 5b I don't know if I'd want to revisit the underworld/hell theme again unless they went a different way with it. Also, there always seems to be a secondary/villain nowadays (Ingrid/Rumple in 4a, Rumple/QoD/Isaac in 4b, Emma (?)/Arthur/whoever else in 5a).

Random thought is random, I know.

• Love 1

When I say that some fans are going to be disappointed I'm not (only) talking about the finale, but about 5B as a whole. Some fans are convinced (without evidence) that everything in the second half of the season is going to be about Hook and CS and only about them, with the rest of the characters just supporting them. And this is something that is never going to happen.

I agree with this.  I also think that even if Hook "dies" in 5.11 they aren't going to leave him that way until 5.12.  One thing this show does well is leave us with hope before a hiatus.  I fully expect there to be a scene of Emma finding Hook with some kind of time jump before the episode is over.  Perhaps it'll be like NYC Serenade and he won't recognize her but maybe he will.  I also think it's about time for Emma to fight for Hook, he's always been by her side supporting her and she's needed that but we need more of a balance in their relationship. 

From the filming spoilers it sure looks like "Hell" comes to Storybrooke vs. the gang going to hell.  And it does seem like there will be a parade of former characters in 5.12 to celebrate the 100th episode.  I'd look for there to be 2 hours of Once that night.

The spring arc is always focused on Rumple and/or Regina, I don't look for that to change especially since there's been very little movement in either Rumbelle or Outlaw Queen.  It's fine to hope it will be all about Hook, but it'll just lead to disappointment.

I just think at most, if we're getting Hook's father/past a little in 5b, I would at least expect Hook/Emma/CS to at least be active (like how Eddy says Hook is active in 5a) throughout 5b. It doesn't mean that'll be the focus of 5b, but I do expect them to not be standing around lolligagging all 5b. So I guess I'm hoping that they at least get the B-plot of the season??? Honestly I think if CS gets more screentime than what they got in season 4, most CSers are hardly going to be disappointed even if most of their theories crash and burn.

• Love 1

I just think at most, if we're getting Hook's father/past a little in 5b, I would at least expect Hook/Emma/CS to at least be active (like how Eddy says Hook is active in 5a) throughout 5b. It doesn't mean that'll be the focus of 5b, but I do expect them to not be standing around lolligagging all 5b. So I guess I'm hoping that they at least get the B-plot of the season??? Honestly I think if CS gets more screentime than what they got in season 4, most CSers are hardly going to be disappointed even if most of their theories crash and burn.

I tend to think we're getting Hook's father/past in 5.11 vs. 5b.  Of course CS will be around in 5b, I just think they won't have the same emphasis they've had in 5a.  Honestly, the only reason I think they've been the focus so far is because of spoilers.  Watching spoiler free episode by episode the foreshadowing is very subtle and I think the average viewer wouldn't pick up on Hook's role with Excalibur yet.  All that said, I've been thrilled about the amount of CS and Hook's upcoming role, but we know the arc will end in 5.11.

• Love 2

All that said, I've been thrilled about the amount of CS and Hook's upcoming role, but we know the arc will end in 5.11.

If Hook is going to be saved, their arc will have to continue to at least 5.12. My gut feeling is that he will be saved in 5.12 or 5.13, then the focus will shift more heavily to Regina, as usual.

I hope they're not kept apart for the entirety of 5B, only to have a TLK in the season finale. They do tend to put the big CS moments in season finales.

Edited by Souris

Sounds like Hercules. I'm hesitant on the possible Meg counterpart though. 18? How old were Herc and Meg in Hercules? Oddly I always thought they were in their 20s.

Meg and Herc are in my top 3 disney pairings (Rapunzel/Flynn and Aladdin/Jasmine are the other two).

Otherwise, if it's not them, then I'll guess Taran and Eilonwy from the Black Cauldron. Just 'cause I can. i'll never let my greatest Ouat wish/theory die!!!!

Shame on you for not knowing Disney, I'm just kidding. Of course they're talking about Megara don't you remember the infamous quote...

"I've got twenty four hours to get rid of this bozo, or the entire scheme I've been cooking up for 18 years goes up in smoke. AND YOU ARE WEARING HIS MERCHANDISE!!!!!!!!

Hercules and Megara are the same age.

If Hook is going to be saved, their arc will have to continue to at least 5.12. My gut feeling is that he will be saved in 5.12 or 5.13, then the focus will shift more heavily to Regina, as usual.

I hope they're not kept apart for the entirety of 5B, only to have a TLK in the season finale. They do tend to put the big CS moments in season finales.

I highly highly doubt it's gonna be that simple for Hook to escape from the Underworld.  Certainly not in 2 episodes. I see this being at least half the arc and the other half is Hades coming to SB. 

Especially now that we've got Hercules and Megara on the way. It makes perfect sense storyline wise if Emma and co meet up with Hercules in the Underworld when he's trying to save Meg because you guys know these writers love to parallel CS to the couples all the time.

I agree with this.  I also think that even if Hook "dies" in 5.11 they aren't going to leave him that way until 5.12.  One thing this show does well is leave us with hope before a hiatus.  I fully expect there to be a scene of Emma finding Hook with some kind of time jump before the episode is over.  Perhaps it'll be like NYC Serenade and he won't recognize her but maybe he will.  I also think it's about time for Emma to fight for Hook, he's always been by her side supporting her and she's needed that but we need more of a balance in their relationship.

They could very easily leave us with a cliffhanger of Hook alive in the UW as the end of the episode.

I tend to think we're getting Hook's father/past in 5.11 vs. 5b.  Of course CS will be around in 5b, I just think they won't have the same emphasis they've had in 5a.  Honestly, the only reason I think they've been the focus so far is because of spoilers.  Watching spoiler free episode by episode the foreshadowing is very subtle and I think the average viewer wouldn't pick up on Hook's role with Excalibur yet.  All that said, I've been thrilled about the amount of CS and Hook's upcoming role, but we know the arc will end in 5.11.

We already have confirmation we are getting more Hook background in 5B from Adam and Eddy. Also I'm not sure an arc is gonna end with his death. I feel like the arc would end with them being reunited after the death.

Why are so many people so in doubt of Hook being a center focus of 5B? Did 4x11 really effect you guys this much?

Edited by Hookian

Yup.

Never thought a 11 second scene could effect people this much. I liked it and I didn't expect we would get as much as others did because well it was the mid-season finale. Sure enough our pay off came in the season finale. 

Same this time I mean come on guys all the signs are pointing to a pretty heavy Hook arc in 5B and Regina really has nothing at all going for her aside from the horrible pregnancy storyline and I doubt anybody wants that being the focus of an arc. 

I get that 4x11 really affected people but haven't they made up for it since then?

I think it will be a heavy enough Hook arc in 5B. I can see it. I think there's a pretty good indication for that. I just don't think it will spent in the Underworld. I'm pretty sure they blew their CGI budget already anyway.

I think it will be a heavy enough Hook arc in 5B. I can see it. I think there's a pretty good indication for that. I just don't think it will spent in the Underworld. I'm pretty sure they blew their CGI budget already anyway.

I think it will be half and half also remember they have another episode so this arc will be 12 episodes.

I highly highly doubt it's gonna be that simple for Hook to escape from the Underworld.  Certainly not in 2 episodes. I see this being at least half the arc and the other half is Hades coming to SB.

So what you're telling me is that it could take up to a whole 5 days to get him out? That's a year in A&E time!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

As much as I want Aladdin and Jasmine, I don't want them to ruin Jafar. He was wonderful in Wonderland.

If Meg's already in the the Underworld and Killy's going down there too, I demand a Hook/Meg brotp! Quick, think of a brotp name!

Sadly, I don't think I've ever caught that line about Meg being 18. She's always just felt older (like at least 20s), probably due to her attitude and general awesomeness.

I hope whoever they cast manages to capture Meg's sass and awesomeness, and Herc's awkward adorableness.

That article about Merida kind of confuses me. It starts in Storybrooke but ends completely in Dunbroch?? How if she's in Storybrooke? Or am I just reading that wrong? I didn't think she and Lancelot had become jail buddies either, so I don't really know why we need to see them reunite at somepoint. ??? Maybe the wording is confusing me??

Edited by HoodlumSheep

A Hook-centric 5B? It's like the writers WANT the show to get worse. If we're lucky, maybe he'll decide to stay with Daddy in the UW and we can finally get rid of his pointless ass.

• Love 1
Geeni, on 29 Oct 2015 - 7:30 PM, said:

A Hook-centric 5B? It's like the writers WANT the show to get worse. If we're lucky, maybe he'll decide to stay with Daddy in the UW and we can finally get rid of his pointless ass.

Never gonna happen!

• Love 2

As much as a Hook-centric 5B would be AWESOME and I'd love it and it would be good for the show, I unfortunately doubt it because he's been so significant in 5A. The B arc is always heavy on Regina, and she certainly has the most "past to come back to haunt" her in the form of her victims and other significant dead people. We know Cora is coming, and Christie Laing suddenly tweeted a #Maidens post, so I expect she'll be back, too. I'm afraid they'll ignore Regina's victims, like Graham (not sure they could even get Jamie) and her father. Rumple also has a lot of dead people -- Neal, Malcolm/Pan, Milah (who would also work for Hook).

Edited by Souris

In many ways, S5 seems like the final season of the show. What main story arc is left once the Dark Curse is finally done with (I think) AND facing down the Lord of the Underworld?

5B is going to have a slew of cameos from old characters, dead and alive. Regina will have her new family (most likely Zelena will die). Rumple will probably be redeemed and get back with Belle--not necessarily in that order (:-p). 5B could potentially end with a CS wedding, and wrap everything up in a neat bow.

• Love 1

As much as a Hook-centric 5B would be AWESOME and I'd love it and it would be good for the show, I unfortunately doubt it because he's been so significant in 5A. The B arc is always heavy on Regina, and she certainly has the most "past to come back to haunt" her in the form of her victims and other significant dead people. We know Cora is coming, and Christie Laing suddenly tweeted a #Maidens post, so I expect she'll be back, too. I'm afraid they'll ignore Regina's victims, like Graham (not sure they could even get Jamie) and her father. Rumple also has a lot of dead people -- Neal, Malcolm/Pan, Milah (who would also work for Hook).

He's likely gonna be the cliffhanger of 5B and his father is being introduced in the mid-season finale. If we follow that formula of previous seasons the mid-season finale sets up the 5B arc so that in and of itself suggests a very Hook-centric 5B.

While they're in the UW getting to Killian I expect each of them will run into ghosts from their past, especially in the 100th episode.

I'm trying to remember whether I ever saw Hercules. I don't recall seeing it at the theater, but I might have seen parts of it on TV. Let's hope either Disney or ABC Family shows it between now and the next arc. Or maybe the library has the DVD. I don't even know why I never saw it. I think it came out during the time I was doing a lot of work-related travel, so I didn't see too many movies.

I am thinking that any journey to the Underworld will be short, and it will somehow allow some nasty stuff to come into Storybrooke, so Regina can then save the day and it will be Emma's fault that bad stuff happened because of her selfish desire to save her boyfriend. That's how they'll handle turning the plot over to Regina.

• Love 1