Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Could it have been about securing Rebecca Mader? Did they maybe want to hint at her in 4A, but couldn't because they weren't sure she'd be able to come back as a regular?

Edited by KingOfHearts

Could it have been about securing Rebecca Mader? Did they maybe want to hint at her in 4A, but couldn't because they weren't sure she'd be able to come back as a regular?

I guess I'd be surprised if they thought they couldn't get her for 4b.  She spent 4a just attending fan conventions.  I almost think they brought her back because she needed the work and they like her.

I'm so not excited about Zelena being back.  I'm even less excited by Regina's perceived happy ending being willing to give her up for the woman standing in front of him.  This is the same guy who had sex with Regina while his wife was in a coma, so I guess it shouldn't be all that surprising.

• Love 2

I can't be the only one who's now wondering if one of those TVLine pregnancies is Zelena, am I?

They made a point of making sure it's been three months, which would make it just about right for a TV "she's pregnant and has figured it out!"

Edited by Mari
  • Love 3

What I noticed from next week's promo:

* Flashback with Cruella in different clothing, make-up and hair. She still doesn't look like she's from the Enchanted Forest.

* Maleficent is in dragon form in the Storybrooke forest.

* Cruella points a gun at the Author. From what's seen I assume he manipulates her (whether by magic or leverage) into dropping her weapon.

Henry gets kidnapped again?? How original...

She probably didn't even need the gun. Just bribe him with candy to get in the car.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5

What I noticed from next week's promo:

* Flashback with Cruella in different clothing, make-up and hair. She still doesn't look like she's from the Enchanted Forest.

* Cruella points a gun at the Author. From what's seen I assume he manipulates her (whether by magic or leverage) into dropping her weapon.

She probably didn't even need the gun. Just bribe him with candy to get in the car.

I noticed Cruella minus the freaky costume too. She almost looked like she belonged in 1920s America. And, she had two dalmatian guard dogs, it looked like. She appeared to be setting them on to someone.

I can't be the only one who's now wondering if one of those TVLine pregnancies is Zelena, am I?

They made a point of making sure it's been three months, which would make it just about right for a TV "she's pregnant and has figured it out!"

Oh, I'm not the only one whose brain went directly to pregnancy?  Good to know!

ETA 

Canadian promo has her telling the author to give her back what he took and he tells her sorry, no can do, basically.  Sounds like he's the one who might've fucked her over.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

I don't really think Cruella would need to kidnap Henry.  She could just say she's apart of Operation Mongoose and he'd happily go with her.

I'm really interested in Cruella's story.  It's sad that tonight's episode was complete filler because I'd rather of watched 2 episodes of Cruella's story or an hour of Emma yelling at her parents about taking Maleficent's egg or, even better and hour of Captain Swan at that ball last season...

• Love 6

Next week looks amazing. And finallly, Dalamations! Maybe Pongo will show up and stop Cruella from... Maybe Pongo IS Cruella's happy ending. Some have already speculated that he might be her love interest transformed into a dog, not surprising.

What I'm disappointed about thought is the whole thing that was mentioned by A&E I think, or someone else, that seeing as Cruella could control animals, she could hence control Malificent in dragon form, and Ursula. That never happened.

Edited by Bluerang1

Go on, show, make Zelena pregnant. Make it easier for me to drop you. And white at it, give Emma a happy ending and write her off the show, it's not like you care about her and her relationships that much anymore. I mean, of course Robin and Regina's squicky love story or Regina/Zelena rape team is more interesting!  Heroes are boring, after all.

• Love 4

So, in the interviews A&E have made comments about Emma setting right the great wrong the Charming parents did. Since that is apparently a child's duty, shouldn't Henry get hopping? He's got some atoning to do, and Regina is clearly busy with other things.

• Love 7

My attempt at not talking about last night's fuckery is...the previews for Cruella's backstory look interesting.  Her knowing the author is interesting and I wonder what he took from her.  It's interesting that she really doesn't seem to have any ties to anyone in particular on the show, like no actual past.  Even her past with Rumple isn't extensive or all that important like it was with other villains we got in the past.

And she kidnaps Henry.  That is not a really good idea.  She should ask Pan how that turned out for him aka not good.  

The one thing I sort of like is that Cruella's powers are so limited that she has to resort to this world technology to try and achieve something like holding a gun to Henry.  This is the non magical thing that I've missed.

Also, is Maleficent changing into a dragon to back up Cruella?  I know they're setting up 419 with that, but still, it sounds kinda cool. 

Guess we'll see what happens with this episode that is getting such high praises before it even airs.  

At this point I beginning to buy the theory that the b.t.s from the final are a dream (or vision) and the real big twist is Ta dum!  Zelena is pregnant what will  be the consequence for OQ and the happy endind that they save in the final? 
Basic soap 101 stuff ! I'm so so looking for this...not

My interest was coming back (a bit) with the Emma spoiler (hoping for Hades, Emma sl  connected to D O hystory) but if it just some random scene without any consequence  for any of them (not even CS because it is a dream!)  it is enough to drop this show without  any regrets.

THE DEVIL YOU KNOW IS BETTER THAN THE DE VIL YOU’LL MEET, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

“Sympathy for the De Vil” – In fictional 1920s England, viewers meet a young Cruella, whose oppressive mother uses her Dalmatians to terrorize her daughter. Cruella is confined to her mother’s attic until a mysterious stranger arrives and empowers her to challenge her captor. In Storybrooke, Regina gains leverage to keep Gold from interfering with her plan to rescue Robin, but her trip to New York takes the backseat when she and Emma learn that Cruella has kidnapped Henry, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, APRIL 19 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David Nolan, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry, Michael Socha as Will Scarlet and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest stars include Victoria Smurfit as Cruella De Vil, Patrick Fischler as Isaac, Kristin Bauer van Straten as Maleficent, Anna Galvin as Madeline, Milli Wilkinson as Young Cruella, Morgan Tanner as Dancer #1, Scott Augustine as Dancer #2, Tony Giroux as Dancer #3, Michelle Dawley as Dancer #4, Kelly Konno as Dancer #5, Julia Harnett as Dancer #6 and Jolene Bothwell as Dancer #7.

”Sympathy for the De Vil” was written by David H. Goodman and Jerome Schwartz and directed by Romeo Tirone.

Sure, let's spend half the episode in a never-heard-before land with a character we barely know played by a different actress than the one we've come to know. Why not?

• Love 5

You know, I thought for sure that it was the same actress playing the younger version because they could just strip all the flash and I'm sure the woman looks much younger without all of that.

And oh those awful, awful mothers!

ETA - why do we have a bunch of dancers?  And the Author's name is Isaac?  

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

I like how Cruella seems to have come from the LwM to the EF and that the Author seems to have gone from the EF to the LwM in that flashback.  So now, realm jumping which was supposed to be the most difficult thing in the world is actually the easiest thing.

This show fucking sucks!

I like how Cruella seems to have come from the LwM to the EF and that the Author seems to have gone from the EF to the LwM in that flashback.

This is "fictional" 1920s England. Which means it's another world we'll never go to again simply so A&E's timeline can match up. You know, like Victorian England world. How many Englands are there?!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 6

This is "fictional" 1920s England. Which means it's another world we'll never go to again simply so A&E's timeline can match up. You know, like Victorian England world. How many Englands are there?!

As many as A & E want?

• Love 5

It is the same actress who plays the younger version on Cruella without the crazy hair and makeup. The other actress that plays her is a kid, we also see her as a child in the ep.

People are saying that the ABC recap of the last ep said that Regina takes Belle's heart as leverage against Rumple. That fits with the description from the next ep, so they may have put it with the wrong ep. But I cannot find that in the recap, so either ABC removed it or it's fake.

From tumblr:

The race is on to find the runaway author before Mr. Gold does. Too late. Gold gets there first. He tells the Author that he is going to write him a whole bunch of happy endings. As for Regina, she steals Belle’s heart. She believes the Evil Queen needs to do what she does best in order to save the people she loves.

It's so badly written it has to be real.  

• Love 1

I guess they did mess up. If you Google "As for Regina, she steals Belle’s heart. She believes the Evil Queen needs to do what she does best in order to save the people she loves" the ABC link is the first hit, though the actual text has been deleted on the link.

If anybody else finds out about it, I'm sure they'll say Regina did the right thing and is a hero because of it -- when everybody else should be PISSED she'd do that. Hook & Emma especially, given that it happened to him. Of course, that would require a modicum of attention to character, which this show doesn't do.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

I just said this jokingly in the episode thread, but the plotting on this show really is a game of drunken Mad Libs, isn't it?

Yeah, don't see where Regina victimizing Belle is helping her in her "I totally deserve a happy ending, or else" quest.

• Love 6

The morality of Regina's mission just continues to get more and more questionable, doesn't it?

You had questions? You poor, innocent soul. :)

Of course, that would require a modicum of attention to character, which this show doesn't do.

Characterization and character cohesiveness are for lesser minds. (Sort of like hobgoblins and consistency. Apparently, little minds are plagued with inconvenient concepts starting with "c")

• Love 1

If anybody else finds out about it, I'm sure they'll say Regina did the right thing and is a hero because of it -- when everybody else should be PISSED she'd do that. Hook & Emma especially, given that it happened to him. Of course, that would require a modicum of attention to character, which this show doesn't do.

But I'm sure everybody (yes, even Hook and Belle) would be totally cool with it. I mean, Regina is such a great hero that deserves a happy ending so much, so of course she can victimize whoever she wants to get it. Pinocchio, Gepetto, Belle... who cares about them? A&E no, that's for sure.

d07d29cb8687af761f568c150ea83778.jpg

• Love 5

Oi, they need to stop with the whole heart business.  So if Rumple decides to have Robin killed, is Regina going to crush Belle's heart?  And Regina is getting ready to go to NYC on her own before Henry gets himself kidnapped?  So I guess the road trip in 419, Emma and Regina have two different missions.  Regina is going to find to find Robin and Emma is there to bring Lily back to her mother.  

Maybe Belle offers her heart to Team Hero? It's idiotic, but does that matter?

Remember when ripping hearts out was gruesome and positively evil? Nowadays it's just a utility for magic peeps. Only in Post-S1 is holding body organs considered a totally normal plot point with zero gross factor.

Episode stills and some bts.

So the Author and Cruella had a fling? This just keeps getting more and more random.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

It makes no sense that everyone in Storybrooke hasn't put (or had someone put) a protection spell over their heart.

There ought to be a Knockturn Alley type of place in Storybrooke where conmen do thriving business selling dubious protection spells and charms against the villain of the day. Fic it!

• Love 4

Apparently, the actress who played Alice’s daughter in the series finale of OUATiW is playing young Cruella. I hope this doesn't mean that Cruella is Alice's daughter.

• Love 2

The author can pretty much write anything to make people do whatever he wants, essentially taking away their free will. So maybe Cruella is being controlled by him. I hope not, cause ick. It looks likes he's using the magic quill on their date, so I thought he was either writing her happy ending for her, which he somehow messes up, or he's guiding their date as it goes.

Edited by pezgirl7

So I'm going to assume The Author (sorry, Isaac) is Cruella's happy ending. Have we seen them in any behind the scenes pictures after this episode airs?

Him, yes, with Rumple.  Her no.

I don't think he's her happy ending.  He has something he took from her from the promo apparently (I wanna say it was the CTV promo).  He basically says no to returning it.

This author is a straight up asshole.  Maybe she had something he wanted and then took off for the EF and she went after him?

• Love 2

Apparently, the actress who played Alice’s daughter in the series finale of OUATiW is playing young Cruella. I hope this doesn't mean that Cruella is Alice's daughter.

No, she's not. Alice wouldn't have had her daughter yet, she was clearly a good mother while Cruella's is abusive, and Alice's daughter was a brunette while Cruella is blonde.

If Zelena is pregnant I am done with this show. Ditto for Regina. 

Also I totally believe that if Regina does steal Belle's heart it will be painted as if she had no choice but to victimize and take away agency from an innocent person whom Regina has already victimized a number of times. Afterwards, Belle will not be allowed to have any feelings about it and the Charmings will still be on Regina's side and expect Belle to keep helping them.

• Love 3

If Zelena is pregnant I am done with this show. Ditto for Regina.

I totally dread the idea of anyone getting preggers. I really, really dislike babies on television. They, more often that not, act as a leash that stop characters from doing anything entertaining. The parents can't go adventuring because they risk orphaning their child and they have to constantly come up with infinite babysitters in order to explain why it's not with them. It's like retiring a character.

And if Zelena has a meatloaf in the oven, I will FLIP. TABLES. We've already had babies of Emma, Alexandra, Phillip, Zelena, Regina, Lily, Snowflake, Neal, and Henry. This show does not need more babies.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2