Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

The whole idea that there is no good or evil does not sit well with me, and I don't like the moral equivalency that's going on with this Heroes and Villains theme. The difference lies in the way you react to things good or bad that happen to you. Good does not seek revenge or tally up their many wounds over a lifetime. They make the best of things and try to return hate, anger or indifference with love. You can allow other people to turn you into something nasty or twisted, or you can decide to be a positive force as much as possible. Yeah, we all screw up, but you can decide to either make it better or keep going down the same bitter road. /rant over

• Love 6
(edited)

From here RE: the Natalie Abrams EW teaser from earlier today:

From Leanne Aguilera's 22 Twitter Qs from Feb. 27th:

@shawngf7: Any information on how Regina and Henry will grow and develop through Project Mongoose is appreciated. Thanks!
Over the past six weeks, Operation Mongoose has been in full swing with Regina’s office as their central hub. Regina and Henry’s scenes are as sweet as chocolate-frosted donuts (you’ll understand in episode 14) and Horowitz also revealed that Henry is going to be a key component in Emma and Regina’s blooming friendship. “There’s a new common ground between the [Emma and Regina] that I think will help build on that friendship,” he said. “In addition to Henry they have something that they can share and deal with.”

Compare that to NA's teaser:

“Given what Emma is starting to go through and what Regina has gone through, there’s a new common ground between the two characters that will help build on that friendship,” executive producer Adam Horowitz says. “In addition to Henry, they now have something else they can share and deal with.”

Sound familiar? The quote was originally talking about Henry and Operation Stupid, not Snowing’s secret.

I'm hella confused, because including that quote in a response pertaining directly to OM would indicate that their common ground is finding Regina's happy ending/finding the author/OM, whereas using the same quote in the Snowing teaser would indicate that Emma's response to Snowing's secret somehow makes her relate to Regina. Leanne posted her article a week ago with teasers for the first two eps, but I think all the press got their quotes at the same time/place? And Natalie's has a bit more to the quote that changes the context?

Edited by woolmintons
  • Love 2

Lies, lies everywhere. It seems that everyone in Storybrooke is having trouble with honesty, and ironically enough the only person to tell the truth might be the one fairytale character that’s known for lying.

So Pinocchio is the only one telling the truth this episode.

– “You wore leather, you rode a motorcycle, and you didn’t shave!”

Someone is really telling that to poor little Pinocchio. More child abuse in the name of Regina's happiness, wonderful.

• Love 1
(edited)

– New ship in town. You might’ve heard this rumor already but this is the episode that introduces a couple that no one saw coming – and honestly, it’s kind of adorable.

Ugh. Sounds like Scarlet Beauty. Where's Anatasia?!

Edited by KingOfHearts
(edited)

New script tease: Snow and Regina.

After the whole Shattered Sight thing, I think I'm just sick of hearing references to the Daniel incident. I doubt we're ever getting any true closure on that issue... even though Bleeding Through was supposedly for Cora's death.

The confession/conversation is totally about them. I wonder if Regina spills, or will she be lying to her BFF? This will keep me up at night!

I can imagine Emma thinking Regina is her "true friend" because she tells her the truth. Then she distances herself from her family and gets closer to her BFF. Maybe she'll even move into her house.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Daniel references will keep coming until Regina tells Snow that she doesn't blame her for it anymore.

And way to go Snow, confiding in Regina.  That's not going to come back and bite you in the ass at all.  OR, Regina will be better than 10 year old Snow at keeping a secret.  Never mind the whole 10 year old vs  grown ass adult.

I wonder what's the actual real purpose of having Snow confide in Regina in the first place.  Is it so that she can help them out with Maleficent now that she's back or something about how Ursula and Cruella cannot be trusted.

• Love 1

And way to go Snow, confiding in Regina.  That's not going to come back and bite you in the ass at all.  OR, Regina will be better than 10 year old Snow at keeping a secret.  Never mind the whole 10 year old vs  grown ass adult.

Oh look! Regina's going to tell a secret just like young Snow did! The line between heroes and villains is so blurred now!

• Love 2
Oh look! Regina's going to tell a secret just like young Snow did! The line between heroes and villains is so blurred now!

Except when Regina does it, it will be the right thing to do because Emma deserves to know and it's bad for mothers and daughters to keep secrets from each other.

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow, this episode sounds like it's chock-full of secrets from everyone's pasts that could come back to affect Emma in some way. Hook's past with Ursula, whatever secret Snow is going to tell Regina about, the secret behind who was responsible for Graham's death...

Oh, wait. Sorry. We can only address secrets that the writers made up just for this season instead of addressing an actual canon secret that was set up in Season 1. 

Edited by Curio
  • Love 11
(edited)

Wow, this episode sounds like it's chock-full of secrets from everyone's pasts that could come back to affect Emma in some way. Hook's past with Ursula, whatever secret Snow is going to tell Regina about, the secret behind who was responsible for Graham's death...

Oh, wait. Sorry. We can only address secrets that the writers made up just for this season instead of addressing an actual canon secret that was set up in Season 1.

Plus, they wouldn't want folks to remember that Regina murdered scores of people, Graham being the most recent having only been murdered by Regina a year ago or so, so it's gotta stay a secret. Shhhhh! Operation Get  The Mass Murderer Regina her happy ending trumps facts and justice. The Permaboner has SPOKEN.

UGH. Screw you, Show! Graham's life mattered!

*Never Letting It Go 2015*

ETA: Someone needs to tweet that to Adam - "Hey Adam, with all these secrets coming out when is Regina gonna fess up to murdering Graham?"

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 7

So which episode do Snow and Emma hug like the secret never happened?

What I'd give to see those two actually address some of the issues between them.

• Love 2

What I'd give to see those two actually address some of the issues between them.

This is why I want the secret to actually be dark. So there's a greater divide that'll mean something longer than two episodes.

(edited)

This is why I want the secret to actually be dark. So there's a greater divide that'll mean something longer than two episodes.

I thought it was pretty much settled that the secret is Snow somehow is responsible for separating the mommy/daughter pair of Mal and Lily. Just the details of hows and whys aren't known yet. Are they giving part of Aurora's story to Emma? In that, Mal "gifts" Emma with the dark heart bit as a result? That'd be more reasonable for Emma to get mad if she's directly affected. If she gets mad simply cause of the "oh noes you're so evil for separating a kid from the parent" thing I'm going to call what a load of horseshit.

As for the divide I doubt it. This secret isn't done to write a story for Snow and Emma. They already said the purpose of the Charming's secret is to show that heroes are sucky villains in disguise and Woegina is yet again just a poor poor victim.

Edited by LizaD
  • Love 1
(edited)

As for the divide I doubt it. This secret isn't done to write a story for Snow and Emma. They already said the purpose of the Charming's secret is to show that heroes are sucky villains in disguise and Woegina is yet again just a poor poor victim.

I'm applying logic to this show again, please pardon me. If this weren't... this show, the dark secret would have been used as a way to reignite the conflict and relationship issues in the Charmings family. That of course would be putting character development before the plot, which is forbidden in this barrel of monkeys. They're probably just adding it in so reinforce their "heroes and villains aren't so black and white" tagline. They don't care about how it could emotionally affect Snow, Charming or Emma. This is like a 2D-story kids cartoon. No consequences, just ideas to check off.

If anything lasted more than five minutes, I think we'd all be a little more intrigued here. Again it's a great idea, but it's this show.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

This show was never a relationship drama about the Charming family or about Emma's emotional journey. Of course, it's a kid's show. It always has been been and they have always been up front about that. Abc president Paul Lee stated unequivocally during the TCA press tour in summer 2011 that OUAT was family entertainment. In practical terms that means they are making TV for children 8-14 years old with some story lines thrown in for older teens and the parents. Kids like plot-driven stories with action and adventure, so that is what they are doing. The vast majority of kids are not interested in watching a couple of women sit around and talk about their feelings so they short-hand that stuff. There's nothing wrong with that approach to making TV.

• Love 1

I'm kind of hoping that this ties into Ingrid & Emma's conversation about how there's always a choice and they could have found a way to stay together. If there was an option and Snowing blew it, resulting in not only Emma being an orphan, but Lily as well, I can see where Emma would be pissed as hell and go back to the belief that they never really saw her as anything other than a throwaway that could be replaced by another kid.

(edited)

Of course, it's a kid's show. It always has been been and they have always been up front about that. Abc president Paul Lee stated unequivocally during the TCA press tour in summer 2011 that OUAT was family entertainment.

Replying in All Seasons.

Edited by KingOfHearts
(edited)

I was reading the "White Out" thread and someone brought up Ginny's interview and how she was asked if Snow and Emma would finally bond and Ginny goes on about the secret and how Emma will be affected by it.  I read the whole thing on gifsets and I thought she looked upset.  From what I gather, Ginny is very sensitive, but it makes me wonder how bad things will get between Emma and Snow before they get better.

You guys remember Kansas and how passive-aggressive Emma was with David when he defended Hook for keeping the Zelena secret?  She never mentioned anything about how she felt about David dying in Neverland and then having to stay behind.  We didn't even know how Emma felt about it.  The whole focus was thrown on Snow and how she felt and what Snow would do.  Emma didn't even register on the radar but then she has one line in Kansas about that and yeah, she was pissed and even then, that was never ever completely addressed even if Emma and David are very close.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

Another script tease: Belle, Cruella and Ursula.

God, I feel as if I had already seen the episode.

It's almost as if this episode is getting more hype and promotion than the premiere. I agree with YaddaYadda - this better be a good secret. Quite a tale they're spinning.

• Love 2

I don't know if this was in any previous promos, but this one OnceABC just tweeted has Maleficient saying Emma is capable of great darkness. I'm confused if Snowing CAUSED this, or if they did something reckless to STOP it?

• Love 1

Normally I`m good with spoilers to an extent, but this is getting ridiculous. Leave us something for the actual episode!

This secret has been hyped up so much, it better be freaking amazing. Like, Snow leads a double life as the author and has been the diabolical mastermind behind all of this. Something! 

• Love 1
Not necessarily. Maybe Snowing thought Emma would do great darkness the old fashioned, King George-style way.

Possibly.  I mean it's this show, so who knows.

Maybe Maleficent used her left over fairy dust to find out, like Tink did with Regina before she got her wings clipped by Shady.  

This secret has been hyped up so much, it better be freaking amazing. Like, Snow leads a double life as the author and has been the diabolical mastermind behind all of this. Something!

I think I'll be disappointed tonight. My expectations aren't low like they should be. I'm a victim of marketing, I suppose.

Sounds like a retcon of the whole surprise!  Emma has magic!

This is going to be a retcon no matter what it is. The Queens themselves seem like a Nikki and Paolo retcon to me. Surprise! We've been here the whole time! You know those major plot points? We were part of that!

(edited)

From Variety

Nothing new really.  Better be a good secret.

I don't know if this was in any previous promos, but this one OnceABC just tweeted has Maleficient saying Emma is capable of great darkness. I'm confused if Snowing CAUSED this, or if they did something reckless to STOP it?

It seems like the secret cannot be merely about Lily. It has to directly impact Emma in addition to whatever Snowing presumably did to separate Mal and Lily. This would be before Rumple told them that Emma would break Regina's Dark Curse. So they didn't know about the Savior thing. Maybe they planned (or pretended) to give Emma to the QoD in exchange for protection from Regina, and then double crossed them. 

Edited by Rumsy4
(edited)

Just wait, we're gonna find out that all this time they only think they ruined Mal's life. They will find Lily or whatever and blah blah blah, only to find out what they did wasn't the catalyst after all, it was a third party or a twist of fate and Lily and Mal would have been separated regardless of what the Charmings did. Then, the Charmings are absolved of any wrongdoing. Blah blah blah.

Edited by Watt

I don't think it has to do with the child as much as the child becoming a casualty of Snowing insuring Emma's goodness which is hella contrived to begin with.  

Also, Regina as a double-agent?  Check

Mal having a baby who turns out to be Lily?  Check

Ursula seems to have a very pronounced distaste for Hook, even the mention of "you're off the hook" gave her a reaction.  So if she already knew him as Hook then that means whatever went down had to go down during his time in Neverland when he was Pan's errand boy.  Killian became Hook when he lost his hand and we saw him in the Crocodile burying Milah at sea, putting the hook on and heading out to Neverland where he stayed until what?  A couple of years before the curse happened?  Ursula was a grown-ass woman traipsing the Enchanted Forest by then.

• Love 2

Ursula seems to have a very pronounced distaste for Hook, even the mention of "you're off the hook" gave her a reaction.  So if she already knew him as Hook then that means whatever went down had to go down during his time in Neverland when he was Pan's errand boy.  Killian became Hook when he lost his hand and we saw him in the Crocodile burying Milah at sea, putting the hook on and heading out to Neverland where he stayed until what?  A couple of years before the curse happened?  Ursula was a grown-ass woman traipsing the Enchanted Forest by then.

Ursula seems to have powered down a great deal since the Bandit Snow era--is it possible that whatever soul crushing but completely not rape connected thing Hook did to her was connected to the power down? 

It would leave a pretty slim window for Ursula to go down a few notches in power, befriend Maleficent, Cruella, and Regina, apparently.

But I'm just not buying that the tentacle wonder is the same power level who scared the crap out of Regina through a window.

If it's not in the window, maybe she connected the "Hook" name with Killian Jones during her post-powerful Enchanted Forest traipsing?

• Love 1

So that secret was...predictable. I feel like its going to turn out that the Charming making Mal lose her daughter will be something they did accidentally, or for a greater good, and it will be treated as some GIANT EVIL, even though it really wasn't. 

• Love 5
So if she already knew him as Hook then that means whatever went down had to go down during his time in Neverland when he was Pan's errand boy.

That or after his return, but since she was already apparently evil by then it seems her soul had already been destroyed, so it pretty much has to be Neverland. But it does fit that he was at his most "piratey," at a time when he was rum-soaked and borderline suicidal, and caring even less for just about anyone else (other than maybe Bae). Maybe it was an errand he did for Pan that hurt her.

• Love 2
(edited)

He may have been Killian when he crossed her -- post Liam's death but before Milah. I'm sure news of his hand going missing would've made it to the underwater world even if he had left for Neverland by that point and if he screwed her over before that, she would've been very interested in his misfortunes. Or it could've been something he did while in Neverland -- we all know the mermaids can cross realms. Maybe that included Ursula.

Edited by sharky

It needs to be pre-Snowing era because of the Ursula being 18 thing - no way she was 18 that recently, especially since there were "legends" about her. I'm guessing she stopped showing her face after the Killian thing happened.

The casting call called for an 18-19 year old, so it's not this bitter Ursula that we know.

Is it possible that the Ursula Ariel mentioned is Ursula Sr?  You know the mother as opposed to this one?

is it possible that whatever soul crushing but completely not rape connected thing Hook did to her was connected to the power down?

It could just be possible, Ursula's power is limited to the sea, and once she's on land all she has are her tentacles, but when she's in the sea she has more magic.

So is her voice somehow tied to her magic?  We're supposed to meet Poseidon in her backstory as well.  Whatever Hook did to her, maybe it led to her father stripping some of her magic away.  Last episode, when they went to get the curse and I saw the fire, I thought Ursula was going to blast it with water or something.  I was clearly wrong about that.

Tentacle power it is!  Is it like twin power?