Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Honestly, at this point I hope it's something actually dark. I mean, Snowing are gonna be treated like monsters either way, so I'd rather it not be about them telling Mal's boyfriend she was cheating on him and thus ruining her lifeeeeeee, or similar.

I agree. I want something really dark. Something like Snowing made some sort of deal with one of the QoD to be able to defeat King George and Regina, and part of the deal was the life of their first born, or ... something equally dark, and now the QoD are here to collect.

If the writers are going to ruin Snowing with some Eeeeevul Sekrits! (and solely for the purpose of making actual evil villains appear as poor, misunderstood souls in comparison) then they could at least make it a legitimately dark and reprehensible secret. They probably won't though. The odds are that it will be something lame and at best a "gray" secret.  Chances are it will be something along the lines of Snowing was unicorn sitting for Maleficent once, and the unicorn wandered away from them and it was accidentally run over and killed by a large runaway carriage. Cue disproportionate Snowing guilt trip and disproportionate response from Maleficent.

Edited by regularlyleaded

Honestly, at this point I hope it's something actually dark.

I hope this arc is just darker in general. Frozen spiked my blood sugar. I mean, it's the freaking Queens of Darkness working with the Dark One.  I've seen the word "dark" mentioned in spoilers/promotional material multiple times. Remember when this was an adults show kids could watch? Now it's more like a kids show adults can watch. Even Sesame Street aims for that.

I don't know. "Child of the Moon" was, what's the word?....bad? pointless? I think this Robin Hood episode will be 4B's version of that. Minus the awesomeness of Red. *sad trombone*

This show hasn't done fillers since The Tower. Besides, this is Regina's "True Love" we're talking about.

• Love 1

I want the Snowing secret to be really dark. And I want it to be something that directly affected Emma negatively. I need for her to have justified anger towards Snow. I think she's justified already, but this show likes to paint all the Charming/Emma issues as only Emma issues, so I want a storyline where Emma can just unleash and then they can try to rebuild that relationship from the ground up. It's really the only way to salvage the previously beautiful relationship between Emma & Mary Margaret. I know it's a pipedream, but I so desperately want Emma's rejection of Snow's goodbye to be because Emma's seriously justifiably angry because she was screwed over and to make it worse, now she's the one who has to go fix it.

• Love 4

This show hasn't done fillers since The Tower. Besides, this is Regina's "True Love" we're talking about.

Well, I think that depends on your definition of "filler". For example, I considered "Family Business" filler because I think it was pointless. I think it just depends on what storylines you find interesting. If it's a storyline or character you don't care about then it will probably come across as pointless filler to you, whereas for someone else it may carry great importance. 

I want the Snowing secret to be really dark. And I want it to be something that directly affected Emma negatively. I need for her to have justified anger towards Snow. I think she's justified already, but this show likes to paint all the Charming/Emma issues as only Emma issues, so I want a storyline where Emma can just unleash and then they can try to rebuild that relationship from the ground up. It's really the only way to salvage the previously beautiful relationship between Emma & Mary Margaret. I know it's a pipedream, but I so desperately want Emma's rejection of Snow's goodbye to be because Emma's seriously justifiably angry because she was screwed over and to make it worse, now she's the one who has to go fix it.

Good Lord, it's as if you read my mind, KAOS Agent. Preach! 1000 points for you!

I want the same thing so badly, but I've learned to temper my expectations. And by "tempering my expectations", I mean dropping them so low as to not even be worthy of the name "expectations". For now I will continue to assume that whatever caused Emma to gesture to Snow to keep away is related to something completely innocuous like Emma is seriously allergic to Snow's new perfume, or as FabulousTater suggest up thread (though I think maybe they were joking), Snow has been cursed and Emma can't actually come near her with out something "bad" happening.

• Love 1

4.17 Heart of Gold or is it 4.16 Best Laid Plans? That tumblr site storybrookemirror.tumblr.com has the BTS shots of Robin and Marian in faux-NYC tagged as 4.16. (eta: here are the tumblr posts I'm referring to) Not that they are 100% accurate, but there seems to be some question which episode is the all Robin Hood episode.

It's 4.17 based on the director who was spotted on set by Katmtan. His name is the one listed on the title page for 4.17. Can't remember his name off the top of my head.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

Okay, duly noted. Thanks, Souris and Serena! :D Though, I deleted ONCE from my DVR schedule so it's not like I'll ever see what happens in any of the episodes, heehee.  I guess it's mostly so that I know when to come by and check the boards for what is sure to be pages and pages of excellent snark! Long live the snark! (I also still want to know what happens with my favorite characters, but just not enough to watch the show...if that makes any sort of sense.)

I want the Snowing secret to be really dark. And I want it to be something that directly affected Emma negatively. I need for her to have justified anger towards Snow. I think she's justified already, but this show likes to paint all the Charming/Emma issues as only Emma issues, so I want a storyline where Emma can just unleash and then they can try to rebuild that relationship from the ground up.

Whatever they were filming yesterday where it might seem that Emma doesn't want to be near her mother, it seems this "dark" secret might have more to do with Snow and how it affects Emma than it does David/Emma.  I wouldn't be surprised if David is keeping Snow's secret.

I also need this to happen.  Let's lay all the cards on the table and just start over.

Whatever they were filming yesterday where it might seem that Emma doesn't want to be near her mother, it seems this "dark" secret might have more to do with Snow and how it affects Emma than it does David/Emma.  I wouldn't be surprised if David is keeping Snow's secret.

Perhaps. The spoiler didn't mention Emma hugging Charming goodbye so Emma could be angry at both (if she's angry with them at all, which is far from certain). David is usually respectful of Emma's moods, he doesn't usually push her if he senses it will not be well received. So if David knows or senses that Emma is extremely angry at them both, that may be the reason he doesn't bother going in for a goodbye hug either. Snow, as usual, plows ahead no matter what anyone else wants and that would explain why David would hold her back.

• Love 2

Wait, so we get to have an entire episode centered around whatever the heck Robin and Marian are doing in New York, but in 3B, Hook's entire journey to travel across worlds and find Emma in New York (which was kind of a big plot point mystery) was summed in a quick 10-second monologue? God, this show has some really weird priorities.

Yeah, I'm still mad at this. I'm hoping against hope that we would see that one day, maybe when they do the inevitable Pirates of the Caribbean half season (Disney is shooting a new film).

About the Charmings' secret, the only thing I know for sure is that whatever it is it's going to affect Regina. Everything is about Regina, so this is going to be about her too.

Perhaps it's as simple as Lily is Snow's daughter but not Charming's.  Maybe Snow had a child that she gave up before she met Charms.  Maybe she told Charms about the child she gave up.  Perhaps Lily was adopted by Cruella?  Who knows.  I could see Emma being mad at Snow for giving up another child, especially her 12hr BFF.

As for the spoiler about Hook and Emma being tested.  They are tested every half season.  Emma always ends up not caring what shenanigans he's been up to and Hook spends most of the time cursed so he can't tell her what he's been up to.  We always think this will be what breaks them up but it never does because Emma can't quit him.  I'd love if Hook wasn't a fan of Operation Mongoose, perhaps he knows that Mongooses kill Swans?

I do think they are pandering with SQ, how ironic will it be when it's really just Regina and Emma roadtripping to retrieve Robin.  Or perhaps, Regina will tear up that scroll and she and Emma have to live in NYC while everyone, including Henry-who-can-never-go-to-the-Enchanted-Forest-because-he-wasn't-born-there, go back to the Enchanted Forest.  The last episode of the season better be a big Captain Swan reunion.

• Love 1
I could see Emma being mad at Snow for giving up another child, especially her 12hr BFF.

I don't know that I agree with that assessment. Emma herself had to give up a baby and she feels deep guilt (or at least regret) about it. Why would she then suddenly judge Snow for also giving up another child? Emma is usually pretty (almost abnormally) forgiving about these things and fairly level headed, particularly if she can relate to the circumstances. If you were to say Regina is angry at Snow for giving up a baby, that I would totally buy. But Emma? I don't think that lines up.

I find it odd that the Peddler is in EF clothing...

I think Michael is doing the peace sign, lol.

In Britain it's just as offensive as the middle finger. Notice his fingers are flipped around, showing us the knuckle-side.

Edited by KingOfHearts

That side picture of Belle made her look like she's pregnant.  I nearly spit my tea on my laptop when I saw it.  Then I saw the other pictures.

Also, I may not remember much about the 90s but I'm pretty sure skinny jeans weren't in fashion.  If Emma is 14-15 then that puts her in 1998-1999.  I hate skinny jeans so much!

I'm glad you said that first YaddaYadda I wanted to ask but didn't want to be rude! I thought in Heroes and Villains in her EF costume she looked a bit more voluptuous than typical. Is EdR pregnant or is it just the costumes?

I don't get the backlash against Lily. Is it just because she was in THAT episode and has unfortunate SQ connections? Or is it because she lied to Emma about not being adopted, in which case I feel people are being kind of like Regina with Snow: holding onto a grudge against someone for being a stupid kid and doing something stupid kids do.

I can't really wrap my head around Belle and Will being together. Have they even had any interaction whatsoever yet? How are they all chummy and more importantly, why? Where is Anastasia, Will?

I'm pretty sure Anastasia is alive but estranged from Will again, and they're paralleling Rumbelle. Will left Ana for some reason just like Belle has currently left Rumple, and Belle and Will being together isn't because they love each other but because they can emphathize with each other all too well.

Good news is that this means we'll likely see Ana at the end of the season and get a Scarlet Queen reunion. Bad news is a Rumbelle reunion will likely happen at the same time. As many predicted, the writers just couldn't let it last beyond a season. As usual, it's a Rumbelle half-season seperation.

Edited by Mathius

I don't get the backlash against Lily. Is it just because she was in THAT episode and has unfortunate SQ connections? Or is it because she lied to Emma about not being adopted, in which case I feel people are being kind of like Regina with Snow: holding onto a grudge against someone for being a stupid kid and doing something stupid kids do.

I personally just didn't enjoy the character and don't relish the thought of having her eating up further screentime.  I agree holding a grudge against Young Lily for lying to Young Emma would be a bit odd considering these are fictional characters.  The whole purpose of "Breaking Glass" is that Adult Emma realized that she should "Let It Go".

• Love 1

I think it's cool how they let the fans take all those photos.

I wouldn't say they necessarily "let" the fans take photos, so much as that they're filming in a public space, so they can't stop them. I'm sure the show and probably the actors would prefer they didn't. 

I like skinny jeans, but I agree they're not really era-appropriate. They should be baggier, boot-cut, maybe ripped at the knees.

ETA: BTS photo of Emma and Regina from yesterday. Definitely a scroll in Regina's hand, and very similar to the one the prophecy was written on, but that could just be what scrolls look like in this world. 

Merrin Dungey says she's headed back to Canada to film, so the trio must still be around.

Edited by retrograde

I don't get the backlash against Lily.

For me, she was utterly forgettable in the flashback other than being a whiny brat, so it seems like they are wasting screentime on a pointless character when I'd rather they spend that screentime on relationships between established characters. But what I'm dreading the most is the inevitable reveal that somehow Emma managed to ruin her life in some tragic way and now she's back to exact some sort of revenge. Because These writers. This show.

• Love 6

Same. I found her character vaguely creepy and intense, but most of all I hated that they made Emma feel guilty for not forgiving her. To the point where she still remembers it and feels guilty 15 years later! And that 1/2 day relationship spurred her on to begging Regina (of all people) to forgive her and be her friend. As others have stated, I'm positive that Lily will not be apologizing to Emma for lying to her, but instead will be out to make Emma feel bad for ending their relationship. 

• Love 1

I have to bounce from this thread, a. Week to go and slim as they are I want some surprises. In regards to Lily, she just didn't seem as thought out as the writers thought. I'm not worried about SQ. She was just not important and I have a few episodes dedicated supposedly to core members..I don't want these chances destroyed, alas, it may be too late

It's because the show compared 14 year old Emma not forgiving Lily for completely deceiving her, to grown ass woman Regina not forgiving Emma for saving a life, and somehow managed to present Emma as the person in the wrong in both instances (when she was the wronged party AND when she was the one who did the "wrong"). Lily did something wrong but the narrative wanted us to sypathize with her - and that would be fair enough (what she did wasn't really unforgivable, especially for a young girl) if, in the story it was paralleling, the narrative didn't want us to be on the "wronged" person's side instead. It was like Emma was wrong no matter what she did, never mind the fact that she did nothing wrong in either instance.

• Love 11

Yea, again that's why I'm assuming it's not a goodbye and they're probably taking the scroll to Regina's vault or something. Goodbye was just a good clickbait word.

And maybe I'm remembering wrong, but skinny jeans -- or at least tight jeans -- were popular at that time. It was right around when Britney Spears got big. Although that would also mean their shirts should be much shorter. Maybe old Friends episodes would be a better reference.

• Love 1

They usually are done at the town line. One would think that they would have enough of such footage that they wouldn't have to film new.

It's all about the clothes!  Can't have an old footage because of the way the actors are dressed in any given episode.  The only footage they could re-use would have been Hook in his pirate clothes since he never got changed, but hey, they gave him a new vest, so how about that?!?  This is what boredom does to me.

And maybe I'm remembering wrong, but skinny jeans -- or at least tight jeans -- were popular at that time.

I actually went back and looked at some pictures I had and it was the age of boot cut and baggy jeans.  So those girls are dressed all wrong which is surprising because wardrobe seems to be on top of things enough.  Or maybe it's my skinny jeans hatred.

Edited by YaddaYadda

I just purged my closet, and I think the late 90s was a transition period. I have some higher-waisted, narrow ankles pants from slightly before that era that I was still wearing at that time -- not "skinny jeans" but not really baggy -- and I have lower-rise, boot-cut jeans I bought around that time. The shirts were longish and designed to be worn not tucked in, so they were tapered at the waist (I think that may also have been around the time you might wear a sweater over one of those shirts with the shirttail hanging out, but I refused to wear that look). Sweaters were shorter, almost cropped. With the higher-waisted pants, the sweater would hit right at the top of the waistband, but if you wore those sweaters with the lower-rise pants you got the bare midriff look that was big around that time. (Needless to say, just about all of this got purged from the closet.)

Considering we're dealing with at least one kid in foster care, I could see Emma wearing clothes that were a few years out of style, since she was probably getting hand-me-downs. That doesn't explain Lily, unless she was rebelling by being out of style.

Canadagraphs posted some new shots from the 4x12 shoot. Kind of the same as what we've seen before. There's a picture of Cruella, Ursala and Gold walking down the middle of the street talking maybe about Regina -- Cruella's jacket looks FIERCE in those shots. And there's a great photo of Colin leaning against the yellow bug before they start shooting in front of the library.

Cruella's jacket looks FIERCE in those shots.

I can tell Cruella's going to be a major scenery chewer, in a good way. She stole the show in 4x11.

4x12 doesn't look any different from most premieres. We'll see a couple of scenes showing how the cast is enjoying the lack of disasters and what they're doing in their own personal arcs. Meanwhile, darkness looms. We'll see a sudden dangerous event at the climax, then at the tail-end we'll get some minor cliffhanger about the villains.

I'm getting really excited about the show coming back. I need my weekly escape, plus more material to analyze!

Edited by KingOfHearts

This show makes me feel ridiculous for liking it so much and right now I feel ridiculously giddy because I got to see more BTS and we're a week away from it coming back and I just hate myself for feeling this way about this train wreck, but then I remember it's my train wreck and I still love it and *sigh*.

Cruella might be the most interesting villain we get.  I liked her presence from what little we saw of her in 411.  I'm thinking she'll be in full diva mode, but I hope the writers don't overdo it.

• Love 5

I actually laughed at that promo. It's gotten so bad, that's all I can do.

Obviously, Regina will be the one who saves Emma from going dark. There’s not even any question about that. It will happen. Hook protecting Emma’s heart will be exactly like A&E’s line about Emma fighting for Hook: A fake-out spoiler that never happens. It will be ALL Regina. Because only Regina understands her.

• Love 1

If Emma is going dark, Jen needs to work on her evil smirk. I'm not convinced yet. Maybe she thinks it's stupid as well so didn't really give it her all?

Also, I think I said it before and I'll say it again. If Emma wasn't convinced to turn dark when she was an homeless teenager, when she was set up for her boyfriend's crime and had to give up her baby, and when she spent 10 years after that absolutely lonely, when the Snow Queen convinced her that her parents didn't really like her, what the hell could turn her dark now?

• Love 3

They can use a number of things against her including her reaction to what the Snow Queen said to her about her family.  I think her scene with Rumple in 408, the one they added in about how she always does the right thing sums her up.  

I know some will see it as potentially being character assassination, but I don't it is because Emma has been shown as someone who would not hesitate to put a bullet in someone who is threatening her family.  She almost shot Panry and wanted to kill Zelena after Neal died.  But she is someone who ultimately does the right thing, that's the difference between her and a villain.

Other than that, I'm just glad she might have a bigger role than what I first expected.

Also, the apple?  Snow's poisoned apple?  The sleeping curse anyone?

ETA - Just to add...

Rumple ALWAYS lies, he lies and he manipulates and I said it once and I'll say it again.  He told both Emma and Hook that he would destroy them in s3 back when he was NOT in control of the dagger.  And in 4A, he pretty much set out to do just that and he failed.  I'm just not sure that he is done with either of them.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

Here's the link to the promo 

I'm tired of the heroes going "dark" so that the villains don't look as bad. But I wonder if Emma's dark side is scratching Cruella's car or accidentaly stepping on one of Ursula's tentacles, because of the hero-villain bad deeds discrepancy (since heroes telling a secret = villains' mass murder). We could use an equivalents chart for that.

Also, the apple?  Snow's poisoned apple?  The sleeping curse anyone?

No! I definitely err on positive views of this show but if Emma wakes up to find Neal alive and in the shower, I may reconsider wine intake.

• Love 2

I actually laughed at that promo. It's gotten so bad, that's all I can do.

Obviously, Regina will be the one who saves Emma from going dark. There’s not even any question about that. It will happen. Hook protecting Emma’s heart will be exactly like A&E’s line about Emma fighting for Hook: A fake-out spoiler that never happens. It will be ALL Regina. Because only Regina understands her.

We have confirmation that Hook will fight for Emma's heart this season. It's not a fake out.

Edited by Hookian