Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Anyway, Mark Isham has posted this pic of Cruella in his Instagram. She is the only thing from 4B I'm midly interested.

Cruella has always been one of my favorite villains, and I agree. However I know they're going to ruin her. They've said she's not going to be the same psychotic woman we all know and love. Putting her in EF with magical powers just blurs her with the rest of the female villains of the show. There's nothing special about her. She could have been the one baddie from the Land Without Magic... but nope.

Could they have at least made her originate in 1950s London, then had her get to EF somehow? Her wardrobe sticks out like a sore thumb. It's too 20th century to be from a medieval fantasy world.

• Love 1

Yeah, I wondered if there weren't more people there. That makes more sense than just Emma and Snow (unfortunately). He says they saw JMo after rehearsals and didn't stick around for filming, so perhaps that was this night scene one of the producers tweeted.

I think this is the first we've heard of Henry since 4.12 filming in Steveston? Well, I guess if he has to be around, I'd rather watch him with the the Charmings (plus Hook) than Regina. 

Marian looks all kinds of badass!

#TeamMarian. I so wish she could stick around instead of Robin. Hmmm... what if she hooked up with Regina instead? That would solve so many issues....

• Love 1

Marian looked great, back in the day.  Like the outfit.  

Though I'm not sure how showing us the back story of her and Robin's loving, committed, life-changing relationship, is going to somehow help everyone swallow OQ better?  Hell, just looking at that pic made me see red thinking about it.

• Love 3

#TeamMarian. I so wish she could stick around instead of Robin. Hmmm... what if she hooked up with Regina instead? That would solve so many issues....

Dude, no, I like Marian! She'd really get the short end of the straw going from tool Robin to even-worse Regina. I wouldn't wish that fate on anybody. I could TOTALLY get behind her with Mulan, though, if they ever deign to bring her back. #WarriorMaid2015!

• Love 2

This is where they're going to show Marian as the bad guy right?

Ugh, please, no. But you just know that's something these writers would do. They'll probably retcon everything they've set up so far about Robin and Marian and show them being unhappy in their marriage. Or maybe just going through the motions, like they figured marriage was the next logical step but not necessarily the best decision. Or they'll show a flashback where Marian's real True Love before Robin died unexpectedly, so Robin was just her rebound. Who knows with this show anymore.

• Love 1

Maybe when Zelena got bumped by Dorothy from the Good Witches table, she got a seat at the Evil Witches table. She's the Wicked Witch of the West, Ursala is the Evil Witch of the South, Cruella is the Naughty Witch of the North, and Maleficent is the East Witch of Evil. One ring to rule them all!

There's no way this arc is done at the end of 4B.  

And a Zelena flashback?  It's not because I've been re-watching season 3 and just got to the time travel adventure, but Zelena tried to go back in time to write the "wrongs" that were done to her, so I think this is what her flashback will be about.  She figured out the time travel, maybe she shared with the other three.

Quick, someone bring back the Marian-is-secretly-Zelena-in-disguise conspiracy theory!

No, but seriously. What the hell? Zelena's flashback appearance better only last 5 minutes or less, otherwise this show is getting dangerously close to jumping this guy

Edit: 

I had that thought when someone mentioned modern day scene with Robin outside a hospital.

I must have missed this spoiler. Oh gosh, it really does seem like Marian is going to get the boot. And will probably pull a Neal and give "permission" for Robin and Roland to go to Regina and become a new family.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

Given Robin seems to go into Walsh's furniture store, I'm guessing Zelena is connected to that. Zelena was hardly my favorite character, but if she's just in a flashback to explain something else, I don't really have an issue with that.

• Love 2

So Zelena can't be in the RH flashback, right? He never indicated that he knew her before. In 418, the speculated Cruella episode, then?

I think it was speculated that 4.17 is a Cruella centric, because there was that spoiler of them filming a red carpet event. But that turned out to be false. Far as I know, we don't have any info on 4.18 yet. Anyway, the TVLine article says she's back on set this week, which means she's filming for 4.17 (unless there are extenuating circumstances, I guess). I think it'll be either her and Walsh/the Wizard, or her doing something to/in the shop.

I think it'll be either her and Walsh/the Wizard, or her doing something to/in the shop.

Yeah, probably it's some kind of Rumple flashback to the missing year where Zelena gives Walsh something to travel between realms in front of Rumple. And then Rumple sends Robin to the shop looking for it

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

Quick, someone bring back the Marian-is-secretly-Zelena-in-disguise conspiracy theory!

No, but seriously. What the hell? Zelena's flashback appearance better only last 5 minutes or less, otherwise this show is getting dangerously close to jumping this guy

Edit: .

Hee. Good shark picture. Personally, I think we've jumped him, jumped him again, backwards, and are now in the process of jumping Fonzie while Fonzie is jumping him.

As for Zelena, since this seems to be the head cheese season, who knows what we'll end up with. If she's in the episode where Robin goes to Walsh's store, hopefully she's just a short explanatory flashback, and is not there to show Marian is Zelena, or to join the poor, unhappy, victimized villain quest.

• Love 1

Yeah, I hope we get a scene with Zelena explaining Walsh. There's still plot holes there. I actually liked Zelena pre-3x16. I'm all for villain continuity across arcs.

I know most everyone here are die-hard Emma fans. I'm not to be honest, so I'm not very disappointed yet.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Every spoiler makes this half season less and less interesting to me. More Zelena? Was there not enough of her scene chewing last season? The only thing that makes this story even remotely palatable is that there's a shot Emma might find out she was dating the Wizard of Oz and not just some random monkey.

Also, how did I miss that the Sheriff of Nottingham was hot? He can stick around. 

• Love 1

Am I remembering correctly, or possibly mixing this up with some other version of Robin Hood, but wasn't there some suggestion that the Sheriff of Nottingham had a thing for Marian and was trying to get her during that flashback with Rumple (you know, the one where Belle knew Rumple had a good heart because he didn't torture Robin 1.0 to death)? I suppose he's not in great shape now, as Rumple ripped his tongue out in Storybrooke, but maybe he got magically healed in the curse reversal and he can get this show's usual villain twist and become sympathetic. Then Marian can have a hot guy fighting for her and she can ditch that loser Robin. #TeamMarian

• Love 2

In the pop up I saw for the ETonline article with the Zelena returning article, there was a caption asking 'which OUAT fan favorite villain is returning?' with photos of Cora, Dairy Queen, and Peter Pan.  When I clicked through and saw Zelena, I thought, "Leave it to A&E to bring back the villain I have zero interest in ever revisiting."  Trying really hard to find the bright spots in these spoilers.  I guess we haven't seen anything yet to hint Hook and Emma are no more, so, there's that?

I do hope they are not trying to set up Marian with Sheriff Rape with the Drinking Problem. In Lacey, during the flashbacks dude tried to deal with Rumple for a night or 20 minutes with his wench (Belle), Belle's consent to the transaction not required.

Wasn't Marian with Nottingham until Robin showed up and she went with him?

I think the only thing we have heard about the relationship between Marian and Nottingham was some drunken ramblings by the Sheriff:

Sheriff of Nottingham: (Slurring) What are you doing in my woods?

Rumplestiltskin: Pardon the intrusion, sheriff. Uh, I'm looking for a thief. He attacked me with this bow. Uh, I... I traced him as far as these woods, and then he vanished.

Sheriff of Nottingham: Yes, I know exactly who you're after. But I also know who you are, Rumplestiltskin.

Rumplestiltskin: My reputation precedes me. Excellent.

Sheriff of Nottingham: Yes, as does your penchant for making deals. I'll tell you where you can find your thief... if you give me something in return.

Rumplestiltskin: What do you want?

Sheriff of Nottingham: A night with your wench.

Rumplestiltskin: She's not for sale.

Sheriff of Nottingham: (Laughs) You can't part with her for, say, an hour? minutes?

Rumplestiltskin: Let me think. Um... (Rumplestiltskin takes Nottingham's tongue) I propose a new deal. I give you this back, and in return, you tell me everything you know about the man I am hunting. You ought to be more careful with your possessions. Do you agree to my terms? What was that? All right, I'll take that as a "yes" then. Start talking.

Sheriff of Nottingham: The thief that you're after... I've been chasing him for years. He ruined me! He stole the woman I love and... made me the laughingstock of all of Nottingham.

Rumplestiltskin: Where can I find him?

Sheriff of Nottingham: Well, the last I heard, he was hiding out in Sherwood Forest.

Rumplestiltskin: And his name?

Sheriff of Nottingham: Robin Hood. He goes by "Robin Hood."

Doesn't really tell us if Marian was with him because she wanted him, but going by how Nottingham was presented in the episode, I would say no.

Edited by AnotherCastle

Adam & Eddy said we would see what happened to Marion in the original timeline. I think the sheriff was responsible for her death originally and when Emma screwed up the timeline Marion evaded the sheriff and Regina caught her instead. And, yeah, Marion will  also die in the present due to late complications from being frozen. Robin is probably the key to Rumple returning to Storybrook. Either Robin does something for Rumple like steal an object from Walsh's shop, or maybe he and Roland are unaffected by the can-never-return clause because they weren't in the original curse package.and all Rumple has to do is hold hands with them as they cross the town line.

Adam & Eddy said we would see what happened to Marion in the original timeline. I think the sheriff was responsible for her death originally and when Emma screwed up the timeline Marion evaded the sheriff and Regina caught her instead.

That's not possible. Emma and Hook had nothing to do with how Regina came to capture Marian. They landed in the past after Marian was already Regina's captive.

When Emma and Hook landed in the past it was at the exact moment Regina was riding into the village and paraded Marian as her captive that she was going to have executed for helping Snow. Regina mocking and threatening her captive, Marian, was the very first thing Emma and Hook witnessed when they landed in the past, aside from a lot of trees. Emma and Hook hadn't interfered with anything at that point.

Emma and Hook only prevented Regina from executing Marian, they didn't change how Regina captured Marian. However it was that Regina captured Marian, Emma and Hook had absolutely nothing to do with it. 

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 5

Some more pics of Marian and Robin filming:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/110865913@N05/sets/72157650601012512/

I don't remember the writers ever saying that we would see what would happen to Marian had Emma not saved her life. I'm guessing it wouldn't have been much, she probably would have just been executed shortly after being captured. I thought they said we would see what her life was like when she met Robin, and how she gave up a lot to be with him.

Edited by pezgirl7

In order to clear the way for Regina and Robin to be together they have to show that Regina had nothing to do with Marion's death in the original timeline and someone else was responsible. Adam and Eddy strongly hinted that this was the case and we would see it later. The most likely explanation for that change is that Emma somehow changed things along with changing how Snow and Charming met. Why else would they bring back the sheriff? He seems like the logical person to have killed Marion since it was established that he was hunting Robin and Marion.

In order to clear the way for Regina and Robin to be together they have to show that Regina had nothing to do with Marion's death in the original timeline and someone else was responsible.

No they don't because Regina being responsible for Marian's death doesn't matter to anyone. For any normal viewer (and to many of us here on these boards -- for the record I think it should be a big huge deal and Robin should've run for the hills when he heard that Regina murdered Marian), ya it should totally matter, but its doesn't matter to these writers or anyone on This Show .

The show writers had all of 4A to work into the script that Regina having murdered Marian was a showstopper (or even just a small obstacle) for Robin and Regina's "relationship" and they didn't. The writers avoided the topic like the plague, and on top of it all they wrote it so that Marian gave her permission to Regina and Robin to get their shag on!

As far as the writers are concerned Regina murdering Marian in the past means nothing. It's purpose was just a way for the writers to let Woegina piss on Emma because she brought back Robin's dead wife, and for Woegina to whine and bitch and mope that her 1 week old relationship had been destroyed because life is sooo unfair to her. Boo. Freakin. Hoo! The entire ordeal of Marian coming back was meant to feed the Woegina Black Hole, that's all. No character on this show is ever allowed to point out that "Hey, wait a minute...the reason we're not together is because of Regina! She had us executed/cursed/thrown into a dungeon/banished to another realm/kidnapped".  The Woegina Reality Distortion Field prevents common sense, logic, and natural consequences from befalling Woegina.

No one cared that Regina killed Marian. Robin didn't care, Marian only cared for 5 minutes until she got the Woegina lobotomy while she was a popsicle, and Snow (who should be grateful to Marian) gave her approval to Regina to begin a relationship with Marian's husband; Marian, the woman that saved Snow's life. It's complete BS but that's what these writers write -- Bullshit.

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 5

In those photos, Robin looks like he has way more chemistry with Marian than he does with Regina (to me, anyway). No matter how this ends, poor Roland will be the real loser.

And the viewers. Don't forget the viewers.

• Love 5

In order to clear the way for Regina and Robin to be together they have to show that Regina had nothing to do with Marion's death in the original timeline and someone else was responsible.

No they don't because Regina being responsible for Marian's death doesn't matter to anyone.

But these aren't mutually exclusive.  A&E keep getting interview questions and tweets about it.  For that reason alone, even though they and none of the characters on the show care, I can see them doing a flashback that has Regina give Marian to Nottingham instead of killing her just to say 'shut up viewers, Regina isn't guilty of anything.  I told you to trust us.'  Then they'll clean that up with something conveying that Regina couldn't have known Nottingham was a bad guy in 5A after they get that question all the way through 4B.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1
They keep getting interview questions and tweets about it.  For that reason alone, even though the and no character on the show cares, I can see them doing a flashback that has Regina give Marian to Nottingham instead of killing her just to say 'shut up viewers, Regina isn't guilty of anything.  I told you to trust us.'

Even if they do an ass pull to have Regina alternate timeline flashback and have her hand over Marian to Notthingham, that doesn't absolve Regina of terrorizing Marian in front of a village, and then throwing her in a dungeon with a death sentence. Regina is still just as guilty of separating Marian from her family as she ever was. Regina should be glad she doesn't have more of Marian's blood on her hands but she doesn't care, Robin doesn't care, the Merry Men don't care, Marian herself doesn't care. Again, no one on the show cares.

Marian's alive now because Emma and Hook saved her, but that doesn't make Regina innocent, which is what the writers are trying to do with all the handwaving -- make Woegina look innocent even though she's as far from it as Satan himself can get. There are four lights, writers. Not three, FOUR

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 4

Even if they do an ass pull to have Regina hand over Marian to Notthingham, that doesn't absolve Regina of terrorizing Marian in front of a village, and then throwing her in a dungeon with a death sentence. Sure Marian's not dead now but that doesn't make Regina innocent, which is, again ,what the writers are trying to do -- there are four lights, writers. FOUR -- make Woegina look innocent even though she's as far from it as Satan himself can get.

That doesn't stop A&E. I could still totally see it happening. No matter how tiny the whitewashing, the writers will be all over it. It's all perception. What will the Evil Regals see? What will the audience see? It's all one big illusion.

Some more pics of Marian and Robin filming:

That house is definitely Enchanted Forest.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Even if they do an ass pull to have Regina hand over Marian to Notthingham, that doesn't absolve her terrorizing Marian in front of a village, and then throwing her in a dungeon with a  death sentence. Sure Marian's not dead now but that doesn't make Regina innocent, which is again what the writers are try to do -- make Regina look innocent even though she as far from it as Satan himself can get.

I'm not arguing that it does.  This is A&E, they will put forth a new scenario that they think absolves Regina that doesn't actually do so.  This is the spiraling stupidity of Snow told a secret, Snow has a spotted heart, and the White matriarchal line are the bad guys going back three generations because they tell the truth and don't let innocents die.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 4

I'm wondering if in early four a when Regina admitted that she didn't remember killing Marion was because she didn't. There could be any number of choices they could make for her, she could've escaped the dungeon or Regina could have let her go (doubtful) or it could be something more complex a la Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles, where all the continued time jumping was actually changing the past and the future and Storybrooke Regina didn't actually murder Marion at all. But I don't the writers could make that into a cohesive storyline.

Edited by Delphi
For that reason alone, even though they and none of the characters on the show care, I can see them doing a flashback that has Regina give Marian to Nottingham instead of killing her just to say 'shut up viewers, Regina isn't guilty of anything

How would Regina not be guilty of anything? She captured Marian, had her dragged around with a bag over her head, tormented her in front of villagers, threatened her life and threw her in prison. How is giving her over to a guy who wants to rape her and who either imprisoned her/killed her in the original timeline much of an improvement?

• Love 3

How would Regina not be guilty of anything? She captured Marian, had her dragged around with a bag over her head, tormented her in front of villagers, threatened her life and threw her in prison. How is giving her over to a guy who wants to rape her and who either imprisoned her/killed her in the original timeline much of an improvement?

Which is why I said they'd have to clean that up in 5A.  I'm having a hard time with the idea that I need to clarify that A&E have a warped sense of what they think Regina is guilty of on this show and that it rarely aligns with the viewers.

I'm wondering if in early four a when Regina admitted that she didn't remember killing Marion was because she didn't.

Regina didn't remember Marian at all. It wasn't just about killing her; Regina didn't remember any of it. That's why there was that whole magic mirror scene in the season premiere. There's also the fact that the writers told Lana that Regina was the one who'd killed Marian. Regina knew that Marian was protecting Snow and she was to be executed as an example. It's the same thing she did when she murdered that entire village when no one would tell her where Snow is. The writers spend all their time trying to pretend that Regina and the Evil Queen are two different people - nevermind that the murders of Graham and Kurt Flynn occurred in Storybrooke. They don't believe that she ever needs to atone for any of it because she's changed and "bad things happened to her" in the past.

Those pictures in front of the hospital better not be because Marian is dead. I'm hoping the flashback story shows that Marian is more the real Robin Hood and Robin just got all of the credit. Sadly, I suspect this story will be more about Robin's background than Marian's though. It also looks like this stuff is long before Marian and Regina had their little showdown.

In those photos, Robin looks like he has way more chemistry with Marian than he does with Regina (to me, anyway). No matter how this ends, poor Roland will be the real loser.

Yup. I see it.

In order to clear the way for Regina and Robin to be together they have to show that Regina had nothing to do with Marion's death in the original timeline and someone else was responsible. Adam and Eddy strongly hinted that this was the case and we would see it later. The most likely explanation for that change is that Emma somehow changed things along with changing how Snow and Charming met. Why else would they bring back the sheriff? He seems like the logical person to have killed Marion since it was established that he was hunting Robin and Marion.

No, Adam and Eddy never hinted that Regina didn't originally kill Marian. Regina fans who wanted to whitewash her actions did that. I can see why you would be confused, because 90% of the time A&E sound like the most annoying part of the Regina fandom... but in this instance, they are innocent.

Also, the fact that Regina killed Marian wasn't brought up even once in 4A. It was never even a minimal part of OQ's "issues". Robin never once said "I can't be with you because YOU KILLED MY CHILD'S MOTHER OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.". People on this board are still having debates about whether or not he even knows about it. And Marian is apparently over it! So what would be the point in bringing it up again? I mean, sure, if the writers had written a remotely emotionally honest storyline, Regina killing Marion would have been what irreparably broke OQ, and for OQ to be fixed it would have to be retconned... but alas, it was not to be.

But these aren't mutually exclusive.  A&E keep getting interview questions and tweets about it.  For that reason alone, even though they and none of the characters on the show care, I can see them doing a flashback that has Regina give Marian to Nottingham instead of killing her just to say 'shut up viewers, Regina isn't guilty of anything.  I told you to trust us.'  Then they'll clean that up with something conveying that Regina couldn't have known Nottingham was a bad guy in 5A after they get that question all the way through 4B.

LMAO! Yes. A&E, who are still to this day denying that Regina raped Graham, WOULD think that Regina surrendering Marian to Nottingham, who is a rape-y creeper who "loves" Marian, would be Totally Okay and not basically Regina giving him a sex slave. Just add pimp to her list.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 4

She wouldn't be guilty in the eyes of the Evil Regals, I tell you that. The show has made a point that Regina killed Marian, but it's glossed over everything else she did. It would be like Regina not wanting to kill Emma - a speck in one eye with a plank in the other.