Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

i don't think the August come back has anything to do with Neal or Emma for that matter.  When we actually think back to August's history on the show, it had to do with breaking the original curse which has basically been resolved and the book which has not been resolved.  How many of us thought August was the Author when he "borrowed" Henry's book and added his story in it?  Seems Operation UGH was set up as far back as S1.  As bad a character as August is (selfish, coward and not true at all), he is the character that ties everything together.  We don't even know how he knew Neal was Baelfire and how he was able to track Emma down to Portland.  Those are some very serious holes (you know, sort of like the ones we have in 411).  August decided to get a move on when he started to turn to wood in the LAND WITHOUT MAGIC.  How did that even happen?  It's the Land without Magic.  

Because the condition under which he was made human was that he remain "selfless, brave, and true" for the rest of his life.  When he selfishly abandoned baby Emma and didn't even try to contact her before she went to Storybrooke, he violated the terms of the spell that had made him human.  That's why he started reverting to wood after he became aware that she was in Storybrooke.  That it occurred in the Land Without Magic is irrelevant.

Anyways, all this stuff makes me want to tweet Adam (like he'd ever answer me) and warn him not to bite off more than they can chew, but I don't know if that would be considered too mean??

Oh, that's pretty much a warm hug on in the Once fandom on Twitter! ;)

• Love 1

Adam claims they're not making Snow and Charming look evil to make Regina look better:

https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/545713540548399105

@AdamHorowitzLA ...nothing Snow and Charming could've done compares with the evik Regina has committed. And I resent that you're throwing...

@YankeeKat have no clue what you're talking about

@AdamHorowitzLA an interview where Eddy implied that Snow and Charming would be tempted by evil. It just feels like this show tries to make

@AdamHorowitzLA Regina look better by making the Charmings look worse sometimes.

@YankeeKat that's not the plan.  #nospoilers

In other news, scientists discover water isn't actually wet.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3

Adam claims they're not making Snow and Charming look evil to make Regina look better:

https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/545713540548399105

Lol! Someone should tell him that if everybody jumped to that conclusion after reading the interview is because they are doing something wrong in the way they are writting the Charmings and their relationship with Regina.

By the way, after seeing his response to William Shatner about Neal I'm more calm. He hasn't used his #nospoilers tag that actually mean "this is a spoiler".

• Love 1
@YankeeKat that's not the plan.  #nospoilers

English Translation: Snow has always been EVIL and Regina is the victim. We aren't making the Charmings look worse to make Regina look better. She always was better.  Why do you people not get this? Did you not see when Snow was responsible for Regina's boyfriend's death? Pay attention! 

• Love 1

Wow!  They're also going for diversity!  Color me shocked.

So that means that actress they were looking for African-American, we can go ahead and assume that it's a younger Ursula.  Is he the king (he's technically a God) who will be recurring?  I think it sort of opens up some possibilities for future stories.

I'm guessing 416 will be Cruella.  I really hope they carry some of the stuff over to S5 because honestly, with everything that's going on, I think we're going to be seriously short-changed on this.

• Love 3

Now we need lots more people chiming on Twitter with stuff like "Yeah, that is kind of the way you make it look" about making everyone else look bad to make Regina look better. Or things like "Yeah, you murdered my father, but I was such a brat, which makes me worse."

I probably better stay off Twitter. It would be too tempting, and getting into a public flamewar with a TV writer could potentially be a career-limiting move for me in my line of work.

• Love 1

They're doing mythology! And at least they aren't retconning Ursula being a goddess. So 414 is Maleficient/EQ flashbacks, 415 is Poseidon and Ursula... I'm so glad 4B is gonna be focused on our main characters!

No kidding. Although, I guess there's still hope that Hook or Lt. Jones could be tied to Ursula's flashback episode. Colin did confirm he has ties with one of the villains...

I probably better stay off Twitter. It would be too tempting, and getting into a public flamewar with a TV writer could potentially be a career-limiting move for me in my line of work.

Aw, come on Shanna Marie! That's why you just make a throw-out anonymous Twitter account! Do it. ;)

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1
No kidding. Although, I guess there's still that hope Hook or Lt. Jones could be tied to her flashback episode. Colin did confirm he has ties with one of the villains...

Aren't they also supposed to address his father and talk about the Jolly Roger.  Hey, maybe Hook traded the ship to Poseidon!

Also, there's this.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/19/spoiler-room-parenthood-parks-carter-spoilers/

What are three words/things that are mysterious now, but won’t be once Once Upon a Time returns this March? — OnceStorybrooke

I took your ingenious question straight to the OUAT bosses and the answer is… interesting. “Voice, Feinberg and eggs” executive producer Edward Kitsis says. “Take that, Once people!” Any guesses as to what the heck that means? The comments section is yours for the taking.

I don't know if anyone wants to take a guess.

OooooHhh.. That sounds kinda interesting (except for the main characters getting shafted). So I'm wondering about Ariel now? Maybe poseidon and King Triton were enemies? Or is Poseidon supposed to be Triton? I'm a little confused actually.

Blackbeard had mentioned Poseidon's bone yard.

I wish A&E would have devoted a full season to this Heroes vs. Villains thing. They would have had plenty enough material (and villains) to last them a full season. My only hope is that they do not try to wrap up ALL the story lines by the 4b finale. I'd be fine with one of the villains surviving into season 5. But I guess that wouldn't make for a good season opener and would confuse any new viewers (the 10 we'd probably get), and eat up the new villain's time.

• Love 1

Watch Hook have NOTHING to do with the Ursula/Poseidon/Ariel story. He'll be tied to Cruella or something stupid.

I will not be responsible for my actions in that case.

I won't believe they do anything with Hook's father/past until I actually see it. A&E are the boys who cried wolf at this point.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

I'm so glad 4B is gonna be focused on our main characters!

I really hope they carry some of the stuff over to S5 because honestly, with everything that's going on, I think we're going to be seriously short-changed on this.

My biggest hope would be that at least one of the Queens of Darkness stays on the show as a secondary gray character. A&E are really setting me up for some massive rage when they kill all three and introduce the next witchy Big Bad immediately. Like HoodlumSheep said, this really should be its own season. The fact they'll bookend it after 11 episodes angers me greatly.

He'll be tied to Cruella or something stupid.

With our luck he probably met Cruella in a tavern in-between his scheming with Cora.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Hook SHOULD at least be connected to Maleficent. Despite how he really probably should be connected to the Sea crowd.

Voice: I'll guess something tied to Ursula/Young!Ursula or even Ariel, even if thy already covered the "loss of voice" bit.

Egg: maybe Maleficent? Dragons and eggs...dwarves?

I have no idea about Feinberg though. Time for research!

There is a philosopher with the last name of Feinberg. There is also a Ron Feinberg who...wait for it...voiced the tuba in Belle's Magical World.

There it is. That's the connection.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

If they're getting into predestination and the philosophical ethics of something else controlling your life, they might be talking about this Feinberg.

Edit: Reading that page more, it looks like that could tie into Regina's desires for a happy ending.

Edited by Curio
Watch Hook have NOTHING to do with the Ursula/Poseidon/Ariel story. He'll be tied to Cruella or something stupid.

Since Cruella is the one that makes the least sense (he knows Maleficent, he's a sailor/pirate...lived 200 years, Gods are immortal...) then it's probably Cruella.  She was probably the one who recommended the black velvet vest to him since she was his fashion consultant.  She also sold him the guyliner he's about to run out of.

• Love 3

Holy crap, they cast Ernie Hudson in that role! I'm actually more excited about that than about Poseidon himself. I really hope there is some sort of connection between him and Hook. That could become very cool! But I mean geez, they cast a Ghostbuster! :)

As for Adam's tweet exchange, I'm meh about it. How many times have you seen them mention something in an interview, we all get bent out of shape, and then it's just a scene or two? I'm saving my energy until after we see the episode in question.

• Love 1

Holy crap, they cast Ernie Hudson in that role! I'm actually more excited about that than about Poseidon himself. I really hope there is some sort of connection between him and Hook. That could become very cool! But I mean geez, they cast a Ghostbuster! .

That's where I recognized him!

• Love 1
Blackbeard had mentioned Poseidon's bone yard.

Instead of Davy Jones' chest.

With this show, hindsight is 20/20.  I've been re-watching some of the episodes, and I'm like well so and so said that like 2 seasons ago and now it just happened.    I mean seriously, the Belle/Hook scenes in S2 where he's telling her that Rumple will never give up who he is and his powers for her...it took two practically full seasons for that thing to happen, but it happened.

I hope Hook is part of the Ursula storyline but it also seems to involve Ariel and it didn't seem like Hook recognized her in the missing year, so that doesn't bode well.

They had never met each other.  She had heard of him and he didn't know who she was.  

Edited by YaddaYadda

Maybe Colin is just excited about having a Ghost Buster on the show? I do hope he's involved in this storyline though, cause if not, what a waste.

Maybe Ursula was jealous or tries to steal the voice of the young girl who sings? I don't know why, but I'm having a hard time picturing Ursula as the girl. Unless it's her before her fall from grace. All the villains seem to have to have a tragic back story of something that happened to them when they younger to make them go bad.

I just hope the egg spoiler doesn't have to do with the reproductive, human kind.

• Love 1

Anyone find it funny that the see gods are black? Love it haha

And I agree with others in that Heroes vs Villians should be a whole season, I even see it as final season material.

Edited by Bluerang1

I so agree that this should have a season arc and at the end of the series.  Isn't that the best way to close the book on the show?

Also, I'm re-watching season 3 right now and I just got to "Good Form" and there's the whole Pegasus sail and I'm just sort of wondering if we won't end up finding out more about this.  I read up quickly on Poseidon (refresher) and there was a mention of Atlantis there.  I don't know that it will be relevant, but I just thought I'd throw it in there.  I mean Pegasus is straight out of mythology just as Poseidon is.

Not sure there's anything in it, but in the Disney Little Mermaid, Ariel's dad is Triton, and in mythology, Triton is one of Poseidon's sons.

They were originally going to have Ursula and Triton be siblings, so maybe they are going back to them being related? This show is not exactly known for sticking to the original, or even Disney, mythologies of stories and characters they portray. however...

Maybe Ursula was jealous or tries to steal the voice of the young girl who sings? I don't know why, but I'm having a hard time picturing Ursula as the girl.

Wait.  That's the plot of the Little Mermaind.  Ursala takes Ariel's voice as payment for turning her human for three days.  So, ding. ding. ding.  Ursala trades someone's voice for something they want then tries to make it impossible to fulfill the deal's terms.  Total Rumpel move.

OooooHhh.. That sounds kinda interesting (except for the main characters getting shafted). So I'm wondering about Ariel now? Maybe poseidon and King Triton were enemies? Or is Poseidon supposed to be Triton? I'm a little confused actually.

They were originally going to have Ursula and Triton be siblings, so maybe they are going back to them being related? This show is not exactly known for sticking to the original, or even Disney, mythologies of stories and characters they portray. however...

In the Broadway Musical of the Little Mermaid, Poseidon, on his deathbed. gave his daughter Ursula a Nautilus shell necklace with the power to control half the sea.

I also remember reading that same back-story of Ursula and Triton being siblings with Triton receiving the trident and Ursula the necklace and were meant to rule the sea together until Ursula began practicing dark magic and was banned.

Maybe Ursula was jealous or tries to steal the voice of the young girl who sings? I don't know why, but I'm having a hard time picturing Ursula as the girl. Unless it's her before her fall from grace.

A Goddess jealous over a singing voice? Wouldn't that be Circe?

Wait.  That's the plot of the Little Mermaind.  Ursala takes Ariel's voice as payment for turning her human for three days.  So, ding. ding. ding.  Ursala trades someone's voice for something they want then tries to make it impossible to fulfill the deal's terms.  Total Rumpel move.

Regina already did the Ursula role with Ariel on Once, taking her voice.

Edited by Joenigma

Regina already did the Ursula role with Ariel on Once, taking her voice.

So?  This show isn't repetitive?  Rumpel never made another deal after Cora for a first born child?

I'm going with stealing Emma's voice and trying to seduce Hookb because that is the worse thing I can think of.

But Robin falling in insta Ursala love because she's there would be more in character.

Edited by ParadoxLost

I mean Pegasus is straight out of mythology just as Poseidon is.

Actually if you want to go straight to Mythology, Pegasus is Poseidon's son. If I'm not mistaken, Medusa was Pegasus' mother.

So?  This show isn't repetitive?  Rumpel never made another deal after Cora for a first born child?

I'm going with stealing Emma's voice and trying to seduce Hook.

You have me there.

Actually if you want to go straight to Mythology, Pegasus is Poseidon's son. If I'm not mistaken, Medusa was Pegasus' mother.

Looked it up. You're right. We've got Medusa already, so apparently another complicated family tree is afoot. (Although, Henry is probably related to Zeus somehow...)

Edited by KingOfHearts

one thing this show is good at, a fucked up family tree.  

The captain's quarters on the Jolly Roger have moldings of mermaids and a bearded man who I'm only assuming is Poseidon.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

Looked it up. You're right. We've got Medusa already, so apparently another complicated family tree is afoot. (Although, Henry is probably related to Zeus somehow...)

Medusa wasn't always ugly, in the myth she was a beautiful girl (I wanna say priestess) to the Temple of Athena when Poseidon raped her. If they decide to include Medusa in Ursula's backstory as her Mom, then there is your connection with the Charmings. Who killed Ursula's mother? Snow.

I will say this, if we're getting Poseidon in 4B, I wonder when we're getting Hades.

I don't remember that. Regina gave Ariel legs in exchange for turning Snow into a mermaid.

Regina never took Ariel's voice because of a deal, that is true, but she took her voice nonetheless which is what I was implying.

• Love 1

She took her voice.  Also, I actually re-watched Ariel a couple of hours ago, and Mermaids are able to cross realms.  They did not mention any conditions to that.  Rumple said they can cross realms and that they cannot be trusted, to which Regina replied "this one (Ariel) can."

It's very possible that Ursula decided to maker he way to the Land of Magic on her own.  Maybe she was following someone there.  She could have been living in NYC for a bit given her winning the loto joke.

Okay, so this is what I don't really understand. Operation UGH! Has to do with the book, so it shouldn't have anything to do with Neal because his story with Emma is not in the book. Even Augsut wasn't in the book until he adeed himself and even then it was about his wee self, not his adult self. Emma in last year's finale was griping with the fact that she was not in the book when she was talking to Hook. She was once but her part was burned by Henri and it was about her being put in the wardrobe and her role in breaking the curse. Hook wasn't in the book either untilthe end of last season.

So if the book gets changed skmehow, doesn't sort ofmean that the people who weren't in it can't really be affected by the changes if there are any? Regina getting to meet Robin likely means that there is no dark curse which would also imply a change in the timeline. That's what can mess up eveything and then we'll get to see what Regina really wants, Robin or Henry. The timeline changing means neither Henry nor Rolland exist. What does she choose , the son she claims to love oh so much she has zero regret for all the terrible thtings she has done or does she pick the man she's in wuv with? She cant have both if the book changes somehow.

Maybe there's another book on Emma's life in the blank book library. I think we are going to see August meeting the Sorceror/Author in the Real World. Maybe that's where the author had been living.

• Love 3

From what Souris posted regarding Colin's Adam retweets, I'm inclined to think that it's Ursula (a greater connection than Maleficent at least).  

Yeah.  Pirate.  I thought that was fairly obvious to the point that teasing more details Monday was kind of pointless.

Maybe there's another book on Emma's life in the blank book library. I think we are going to see August meeting the Sorceror/Author in the Real World. Maybe that's where the author had been living.

I think the blank books lend more circumstantial evidence that the book Will found in the library with the pop-up boat may be another written by the Author and that is why they've come up with a reason for Hook to be at the library per filming pics.

Also if that scene is one added when they were further along and had to expand the episode into two then it means they were more likely to be laying easter eggs vs. pre-planning (shocker).

Hey! Laying eggs.  Maybe they are going to do a goose that laid the golden egg story (referring to the meaning of Voice, eggs, Feinberg? thing)  or humpty dumpty.

Edited by ParadoxLost

Hey! Laying eggs.  Maybe they are going to do a goose that laid the golden egg story (referring to the meaning of Voice, eggs, Feinberg? thing)  or humpty dumpty.

I don't know if they'll do the golden goose since they did the giant and the harp already. I know Emma actually mentioned the goose in Tallahassee, though. It's a possibility, I suppose. If they do Humpty Dumpty, he better be the one from the Wonderland books.

Edited by KingOfHearts

It could. Though what we've seen from BTS indicates the flashbacks will involve all three women -- which doesn't mean it isn't Cruella's, though I would hope her episode is about her story pre-meeting up with the other two.

I'm much more interested in her antics in London (it better be London!) than her EF story. Maybe we'll get a 101 Dalmatians episode?