Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

BDO = baby do over.

Thank you!

Ha! I've been here all the time and didn't know what it was either. I just assumed it was Baby Dark One all this time. I mean seriously, the poor kid's name is Neal!

Glad I'm not alone in my cluelessness on that front! I've been trying to figure it out but couldn't put it together. Some acronyms are easy. Some are not particularly self-explanatory.

Last verse seems potentially relevant: 

Some folks are born into a good life,
Other folks get it anyway, anyhow,
I lost my money and I lost my wife,
Them things don't seem to matter much to me now.
Tonight I'll be on that hill 'cause I can't stop,
I'll be on that hill with everything I got,
Lives on the line where dreams are found and lost,
I'll be there on time and I'll pay the cost,
For wanting things that can only be found
In the darkness on the edge of town.

I now really need to go listen to that album...

It's another Springsteen reference, like New York City Serenade. And both times episode 12. I don't think it's a coincidence. We know they like to reuse their storylines, so who is outside Storybrooke and who is going to go find him/her? My vote goes for a memoryless Hook in New York and Emma and Henry looking for him.

Edited by RadioGirl27
Everybody's got a secret, Sonny,

Something that they just can't face,

Some folks spend their whole lives trying to keep it,

They carry it with them every step that they take.

Till some day they just cut it loose

Cut it loose or let it drag 'em down,

Where no one asks any questions,

or looks too long in your face,

In the darkness on the edge of town.

So I'm guessing everyone's secrets will be revealed in the last episode and the crap hits the fan. The "cut it loose or drag 'em down" part could hint towards how Hook and Rumple deal with their respective secrets: Hook can't handle it anymore and decides to "cut it loose" and tell Emma, but Rumple refuses to let his house of cards fall and it will "drag 'em down" and ruin his relationship with Belle.

Be careful what you wish for (or vote for).  Knowing these writers, Hook will be shacking up with Lily when Emma finds him.

And then Lily will reluctantly follow Hook back to Storybrooke where she'll secretly plot against the whole town and kidnap Henry and take him through a magic portal to Camelot where an immortal Merlin tries to steal the heart of the truest believer...

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

Be careful what you wish for (or vote for).  Knowing these writers, Hook will be shacking up with Lily when Emma finds him.

Sadly, it's something that I can see happening :-(

Someone on tumblr said that Robert Carlyle was shooting the other day in "New York", so maybe it's him who it's outside Storybrooke.

Ah, so I'm clearly not the only one who has horrible ideas of things this show might do! (And I've had this exact one, too.)

And then Lily will reluctantly follow Hook back to Storybrooke where she'll secretly plot against the whole town and kidnap Henry and take him through a magic portal to Camelot where an immortal Merlin tries to steal the heart of the truest believer...

And Merlin will turn out to be Henry's great-great-grandfather, and he'll con someone from the Mills tree, then proceed to marry one of the White family members... Morgana.

I find it interesting that Rumple is there. He's really into the Arendelle ladies. Maybe he'll ask Ingrid out for coffee. (A guy can dream.)

Interesting... I guess Rumple is taking the hat and setting off into the Real World?

I'm hoping it's more elaborate than that... maybe they figure they can cross the townline, so there's a big exodus? Or the dwarves start a border patrol to keep track of who comes and goes? Or the hat actually brings its magic to the world... I'm still betting Cruella finds her way into Storybrooke somehow from London.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Is that a new dress for DQ? I like it. If only the neckline were two inches higher, again. 

I'm afraid she's going to pop out! Seriously... 

4.12 episode title: Darkness At The Edge Of Town.

Interesting... I guess Rumple is taking the hat and setting off into the Real World? 

Looks like Elsa rescues Anna from prison, and then they (and Kristoff, apparently) confront Ingrid, which leads to Elsa getting urned and probably Anna being put in the chest. Rumpelstiltskin must be there to collect the urn for his secret vault, although why Ingrid would give Elsa to him I don't know.

I don't think they would have had DQ repeatedly state that Anna urned Elsa if it wasn't technically correct (though I'm sure there are extenuating circumstances). 

They're supposed to be filming in Steveston next week, so we may get more answers on where things are headed for 4B.

Rumpelstiltskin must be there to collect the urn for his secret vault, although why Ingrid would give Elsa to him I don't know.

Probably to keep anyone from finding Elsa again, and to keep people from using the urn to entrap herself. Maybe DQ intended to fetch Emma, then go back to get Elsa after the curse broke, then plans changed when Emma resisted?

I don't think they would have had DQ repeatedly state that Anna urned Elsa if it wasn't technically correct (though I'm sure there are extenuating circumstances).

I'm guessing Anna unintentionally reenacted Ingrid's murder of Helga: Anna goes to urn Ingrid and somehow Elsa ends up in the middle and gets urned instead.

• Love 2

Is it possible that Elsa wanted to get turned? That perhaps her journey will parallel Emma's next week? So maybe Elsa does something to accidentally hurt Anna -- again -- and makes Anna promise to urn her for everyone's protection vs. Emma also trying to take action to protect everyone. The difference may be that Anna does what her sister asks because of love but Hook won't give Emma up for the same reason.

What if Rumple gets hoist by his own petard and get sucked into the hat and sent to the Land Without Magic, which is why Robert was filming a NY scene? That would be deliciously karmic. I can't see them leaving Rumple without magic for long, though, so I'm sure something would happen to restore it to him.

I also have a vague wondering if DQ ended up in the Land Without Magic via the hat; maybe the disappearing door that EM filmed with is the exit from the hat. That could be how she lost possession of the hat. Has anyone noticed if she has a star on her wrist, LOL? I don't know how she would have kept her magic, unless the theory of the hat sucking out people's magic is actually wrong. Or maybe they do get sent to the Land Without Magic, but some strongly and inherently magical people are able to keep their magic.

• Love 1

She does wear that big ass white jewel ring. It's probably some pull it out of their ass magical receptacle that allows her to use magic in the Land Without Magic. Something which Rumpel also conveniently didn't know could exist.

• Love 1

I don't understand how the DQ goes into the urn, remembers everything and comes out magically zen (she had no control when she went in, but is a magical mentor teaching Elsa how to control her own magic and the DQ has the ability to poof around) while Elsa has a big hole in her memory and comes out a magical mess.

If Anna urned Elsa (it has to be accidentally), I need/want/demand! an explanation for this difference in results. [why do I hear a choir of boys singing "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you still won't get what you need"?]

• Love 2
I'm thinking Anna was trying to put the Snow Queen in the urn and somehow Elsa stepped in the way, was shoved, or something. But why not let her out immediately? "Oh whoops, do over."

If Anna does urn Elsa, she's probably in shock for a moment and that allows the Snow Queen to do whatever to her and Kristoff. How the Snow Queen allows the Elsa urn to be in Rumple's control, I do not know.

I have to say I'm kind of impressed that we are trying to come up with some explanation because we have no clue what's going on. As much as I love being a spoiler phile, I'm actually excited about the unknowns in this episode. And the whole urn thing is a big unknown.

• Love 2

DQ said that the trolls pulled Elsa's memories.  She could be manipulating the truth to her advantage.  Maybe Elsa gets urned after whatever happens to Anna happens and she loses control of herself completely and DQ goes to the rock trolls for help or she's the one who takes Elsa's memories away since we know she did that with Emma.  In the stills, Elsa is wearing the gloves DQ got from Rumple.

I was hoping for stuff from Storybrooke, but I get the impression that they'll release as little as possible on that end.

I have to say I'm kind of impressed that we are trying to come up with some explanation because we have no clue what's going on. As much as I love being a spoiler phile, I'm actually excited about the unknowns in this episode. And the whole urn thing is a big unknown.

I agree. I like to be kept in the dark on some things, especially involving pivotal episodes.

Also, kudos for the Charming family for managing to find time to take a (family?) photo in between bad guy after bad guy showing up.

Also, kudos for the Charming family for managing to find time to take a (family?) photo in between bad guy after bad guy showing up.

It's probably taken from the same creeper who took the picture of Emma/Neal and Regina/Robin. ;)

• Love 7

How Elsa got urned is one of 4A's big mysteries. One thing's for sure - there's a huge contrivance somewhere! That's just how this show rolls.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Yeah. I'm way more interested in the Frozen stuff than in whatever happens in Storybrooke. Whatever happens between Emma, Hook and Gold is going to be contrived as hell and a source of manufactured angst, and I couldn't care less about the rest (operation mongoose, etc.).

I was hoping for stuff from Storybrooke, but I get the impression that they'll release as little as possible on that end.

If the Storybrooke stuff is going to be from the morning after in the Crypt of Love, I pass.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 4

Rumple has Anna's necklace so I think either Anna or Elsa made a deal with him to help with Ingrid. Anna's probably confident with the "you can't hurt me or Elsa" clause but we know Rumple's a tricky bastard.

Elsa urn to be in Rumple's control, I do not know.

Rumple's more powerful and just takes it from her? Also is the Ingrid arrives in land without magic through the door in this episode too? She comes in carrying the scroll with the savior thing but it takes her 13 years to find Emma? Somewhere along the way she also loses the hat, but not to Rumple.

"Darkness at the Edge of Town" and Springsteen's inspiration probably refers to Gold.  He loses his wife and his money--who's married--Rumple--who's name is Gold? Rumple.  I'm guessing Rumple leaves Storybrooke and Belle in Heroes and Villians.

I do think Hook is key to Emma's magic.  Elsa may help a bit, but it's Hook that has played the Anna role so far this season and I think that will continue.  Obviously Anna wouldn't willingly hurt Elsa but we know she's the one who "urns" her.  My guess is that we'll see something similar between Hook and Emma but instead of "urning" her he'll take whatever pain she was supposed to and end up frozen or out of commission for episode 9 and maybe 10.  It seems strange they'd take him out that long when he's such a popular character but it can't be a good sign that Emma's wearing a sister ribbon in the next episode.  Perhaps DQ convinces her that Hook is no good. Ugh.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm probably wrong), but weren't Rumple and Hook taping together for 409?  Didn't we get a pic with Hook holding the hat in his hand?

If Anna and Hook are paralleling, then wouldn't stand to reason that maybe DQ has Hook stashed somewhere?  She locks Anna away in a cell, tells her how she's not part of this "family" because she's not like them, has no powers.  And the other thing is that Emma has these issues with people leaving her, she could try and manipulate Emma into thinking that he just up and left.  There's still the whole secret.  And we don't know what DQ whispered in Rumple's ear, though most of us are assuming it has something to do with him given how gleeful Rumple looked.  I seriously doubt Hook will just disappear completely for two whole episodes.

Also, speaking of Rumple, I'd be really pissed if he is the one who leaves Belle.  I really dislike the character Belle, but I wish they'd let her put on her big girl pants and make this her choice to leave him because he isn't the person she thinks he is, because he's addicted to power and everything else that's a turn off about Rumple and where he should be just alone.

• Love 3

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm probably wrong), but weren't Rumple and Hook taping together for 409?  Didn't we get a pic with Hook holding the hat in his hand?

Yeah. And after that there have been some other comments of Colin and Robert shooting together, but without pics. It seems that, after episode 8, Colin and Jennifer haven't shoot together (at least outside the studio) until episode 11.

I seriously doubt Hook will just disappear completely for two whole episodes.

Yeah, no way they are going to have him out for two episodes. If he really disapears, I'm thinking something like we (people watching) know where he is but Emma (and maybe everybody else) don't.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

Rumple's more powerful and just takes it from her? 

Possibly, but why would he be there in the first place, and why would he take the urn just to put it in his basement of evil?

Ooh, perhaps he came there to take the hat back...

If Anna and Hook are paralleling, then wouldn't stand to reason that maybe DQ has Hook stashed somewhere?  She locks Anna away in a cell, tells her how she's not part of this "family" because she's not like them, has no powers.  And the other thing is that Emma has these issues with people leaving her, she could try and manipulate Emma into thinking that he just up and left.

So they'd mix some Tangled into their Frozen parallels? Well, if they have to get inspiration from somewhere, I can't think of a better place.

Sean Maguire just tweeted that he's just flown from LA to London on the way to Malta to film "The Cove." Not sure what "The Cove" is or how long it's going to take him, but it seems like Robin won't be in the ep they're filming right now.

Is it mean that I want it to take a while to film?  I guess the hiatus is coming soon so he could technically do both the movie and the show.

They usually shoot at least until the middle of December though, right? Since they're probably just starting 312, which is the 4B premiere, Robin not being in it is kind of weird. There must not be any kind of big OQ payoff/cliffhanger in the finale, because otherwise they'd have to pick up on it in the premiere. I'm pretty sure they're gonna shoot at least until 413, maybe 414 before Christmas break.

From that interview with Elizabeth Mitchell. I lost interest (in the interview, but also in next episode) after reading this:

TVLINE | What have you gone and done that they needed to add an extra hour to this week’s episode?

Oh, you know…. [Laughs] We had this amazing director, Eagle [Egillson, for Part 1], and when we were shooting it, I just liked what he was doing. I thought it was so fun and dramatic and kind of just wonderful, like a sweeping, epic fantasy. I guess [the producers] felt like it was so much fun, they wanted to add more. And there’s a lot more, too, with Lana [Parrilla]’s character, which is joyful for me because I love watching her.

So they have used the two hours to add more Regina. Wonderful :-(

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 3