Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

As Anna seems to be making the rounds in the EF, I bet she meets young Regina, and ends up ruining her life somehow.

That's not too hard to do. One only has to be happy around EF Regina and it seems you have ruined her life in some way. Being happy seems to imply that you are rubbing her nose in it because she lost Daniele and was forced to mirror her mother. Plus, happiness is a zero sum game for EF Regina and being happy around her practically means you are stealing her happiness. Meanwhile, Anna can't help being optimistic and happy, so that is a doomed pairing.

• Love 3

I'm in the minority, I can't really stand Anna, she's too perky and too just blech...my eyes will just glaze over if and when Regina and Anna have scenes together, though I really don't mind young Regina.  I have the feeling I'm going to just hate, hate with the fire of a thousand suns 406.  I don't think I can take Belle and Anna in the same scenes.  I might get a tooth ache or get diabetes from watching those two together..

ETA - About 408, we saw some of the press release where Robin enlists Will to find a missing Emma because Snow and David ask him for assistance.  Meanwhile, Emma is actually with Hook likely at Gold's shop asking for her magic to be stripped from her and Hook is all against it.  So how does that work exactly?  I've been mulling this over and things might not be as bleak as we think we are.

Edited by YaddaYadda

Yeah I also don't like Anna. I don't really hate her, but she grates, and I still think the actress is overdoing the perkiness a bit. I like all other Frozen characters, though. It's a shame they didn't make Anna more grounded.

• Love 1

I don't hate Anna, but she seems ditzier than she was in the movie. I have a hard time buying her as a strong female lead. She's more like the original Snow White going on six cups of coffee, or a valley girl who tripped over a branch and fell into a rabbit hole.

About Elsa's purple cloak - I'm wondering if it stops her magic like how Red's hood stops her from transforming into a werewolf.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

Anna seems very "cartoony" to me. And I do think it's the excessive perkiness. Plus, she just seems to be Forest Gumping her way through all the characters' back stories, spreading rainbows and puppies everywhere she goes. It's annoying.

• Love 6

About Elsa's purple cloak - I'm wondering if it stops her magic like how Red's hood stops her from transforming into a werewolf.

Yeah, I don't get the purple cloak.  Did she bring it along in the urn she destroyed?

I think outside of Anna's overperkiness, what grates the most is that she seems to be rather young but has all these life lessons to impart.  With David or her sister and I'm sure there's so much more coming.  I'm sure she and Belle will be peas in a pod in 406 because Belle had all those words of wisdom about love which she clearly doesn't understand.

Putting the whole Regina thing aside, I'm sort of looking forward to tonight's episode.

• Love 2

ETA - About 408, we saw some of the press release where Robin enlists Will to find a missing Emma because Snow and David ask him for assistance.  Meanwhile, Emma is actually with Hook likely at Gold's shop asking for her magic to be stripped from her and Hook is all against it.  So how does that work exactly?  I've been mulling this over and things might not be as bleak as we think we are.

I have read the press release again and it says that

Robin Hood recruits Will Scarlet to assist him on a mission

but nothing about Emma. So I don't think it has anything to do with her.

But, yeah, the fact that we don't know anything about episodes 6 and 7 means that maybe things are not as bad as we are imagining it. But, with this writers, I prefer to be pessimistic, and the truth is that I can't come up with a way to solve this that doesn't have Hook, Emma or both looking as morons.

About Anna, she is far too cute and too cheerful for my taste, but I'm starting to warm up to her.

Edited by RadioGirl27
I'm sure she and Belle will be peas in a pod in 406 because Belle had all those words of wisdom about love which she clearly doesn't understand.

I'm wondering how Belle comes to meet Anna since they seem to be telling Anna's story in a chronological order. She decides to go to the Enchanted Forrest (4x01), goes to visit the one person Kristoff knows (4x02) and they refer her to Rumple (4x04). Episode 4x03 she is off-screen and the action in Arendelle appears to have occurred between 4x01 and 4x04 - Anna leaves and returns to bookend.

So, it seems likely that 4x06 occurs after  Anna has met and had an unpleasant encounter with Rumple. Where does she meet Belle? Belle seems to have been stuck in her castle until she goes with Rumple. Does Anna come to visit? Is 4x06 out of order?  Do we screw with continuity and make Belle's decision to sacrifice her life for the kingdom and the later pep-talk from Grumpy mean nothing because she was always an adventurer taking risks? Does Anna mention Rumple? Does the story make Belle want to meet him? Anna can certainly have no delusions about Rumple having a good heart after having met him because he exhibits absolutely no good-hearting to her. Is it Anna who inspires Belle to want to take risks? Or is it out of order and one of the reasons Belle agrees to go with Rumple is to see if she can find her friend Anna (who she never bothers to mention again)?

It's interesting that Rumple tells Anna that she's going to end up living in his tower and a servant if she doesn't do what she promised. Does that mean he has been imprisoning girls like Belle in his tower for a while? That's all kinds of creepy. Do most of them eventually meet the same fate as the mute maid when they overhear something they should not? And Anna has broken a deal with Rumple while also ordering him around with his dagger (as far as we know, she is the first to do so). Rumple hates that kind of stuff. I can see him finding a way to get what he feels is retribution. He even punished Cinderella by disappearing her husband when Rumple wanted to get caught and put in the cell anyway.

• Love 1
Maybe Belle went on an adventure in Arendele since she craves adventures and wants to be a hero or whatever.

In 2x11, she says to Dreamy "I, um… I’ve always dreamt of heroics, but… I think it’s safer I stick to my books. They’re the only adventures I know that have happy endings." and Dreamy convinces her to take a chance on adventure which she seems to crave. Why does Dreamy have to talk her into going on adventure if she already is in the habit of going on them? That would be a continuity break, but goodness knows the Continuity Fairy on this show is more shady than the Blue Fairy.

Belle is imprisoned by Regina on her way back from that Yaoguai adventure, so it can't, continuity-wise, happen after that.

Although, I suppose that the characters keep learning the same lesson over and over and over again, that Belle could have learned to be an adventurer many times - Belle plots either require her to learn to be an adventurer again or to tell everybody what a good heart Rumple has. Maybe Anna will teach Belle how to be an adventurer and Belle will remonstrate with her for thinking that Rumple didn't seem to be a very nice man. We can get both Belle plots in one!

Edited by kili

You are all looking at this encounter between Anna and Belle as if A&E cared about what they showed in the previous three seasons. But we all know they don't, so it doesn't matter whenever it happened, it wouldn't make sense with anything showed about Belle before. The same can be said about the inevitable encounter between Anna and young Regina.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

That would be a continuity break, but goodness knows the Continuity Fairy on this show is more shady than the Blue Fairy.

This made me laugh :)

Maybe Anna and Belle will only talk about adventures? Maybe Anna will tell Belle some stories of her own adventures, and this will trigger Belle's thirst for adventure.

http://www.ksitetv.com/once-upon-a-time/once-upon-a-time-lana-parrilla-talks-regina-team-ups/44378

"It takes a bit, because she feels betrayed," Parrilla told us. "She's hurt by Emma, deeply. She doesn't know if it [saving Marian] was intentional. I think deep down inside of her, she hopes it was a mistake or an accident, but it's going to take her a little bit to come around, and to open her heart again. Because I do believe she cares for Emma on some level. It's almost like a sisterly bond they have. And that mirrors the Elsa and Anna bond -- you see in that first episode, that famous behind the door scene, and that mirrors the Frozen scene. To me, they are setting up that kind of relationship between the two. I love what happens to them. There's an episode coming up where I remember reading the script going, 'Oh my God, Regina's so awful to Emma! She's saying one horrible thing after another.' Playing it is one thing, because you feel like a total bitch for eight days while you're filming the episode, but in reality it's only 45 minutes. And it's one day, where she's just really upset and wants to punish her. And I think she just needs to get it off her chest and they'll move forward. I'm excited about their relationship because they're very similar. They have something they were born with, which is this magic. Emma and Regina don't have a lot of people they can relate to. So it's nice they find comfort in one another," Lana said of what would cement an Emma-Regina team-up.

• Love 1
Another "exciting" script tease. Lol at the comments, they are amazing. The Swan Queen fans are truly delusional

With all the Swan Queen baiting with Lana's interviews and the script tease, are they going to be so happy after the reveal? I just know how grumpy I was when we were told all season that Emma's magic would be important for defeating Zelena when her magic wasn't even present for the showdown and Emma spent the encounter lying on the floor. Sometimes, building up expectations makes it worse when the opposite of those expectations come to fruition.

But who knows. The SQ shippers have happily subsisted on a diet of inferred sub-text this long, they may think even something as small as the scene in the script tease is manna from heaven.

And that mirrors the Elsa and Anna bond -- you see in that first episode, that famous behind the door scene, and that mirrors the Frozen scene.

Just because you put icing on something doesn't mean it will taste like cake.

Seriously, Emma and Regina as sisters that mirror Elsa and Anna? Anna gave her life to save her sister, and one of the reasons (arguably the primary one) Elsa covered up her powers and later fled Arendelle was to avoid hurting her sister again. Regina has repeatedly tried to kill Emma and the people close to her (Snow White, Graham, etc.) and tried to keep Henry away. Those aren't the actions of a loving sister.

• Love 7
Regina was born with magic?

Wasn't the entire point of the stuff with the hat that Regina is not inherently magic? She had to sacrifice Daniel's ring just to get that apple while Emma could get the hat to work on her own. Regina had to work hard at learning how to extract magic from the world. And that if there was no magic in the world, she had not magic.

It's not like magic was popping up at inconvenient times before Rumple started training her.

Or are they going to tell us that she was born with white magic (because Cora truly loved Henry Sr. can't you tell?), but her mother caused her to suppress it all these years (no doubt Evil Eva was behind that too)?

I guess Rumple is dumber than a sack of hair. Turns out you can learn to make magic in a world without magic when you have no inherent magic. The entire gambit with stuffing an egg in Malificient and the complicated plan to get to the World Without Magic wile preserving magic was pointless. He could have been home free with one of those plentiful Beans 300 years ago.

I think I need to light a candle for the Continuity Fairy. She's frequently drinking on the job or absent without leave, but now I think that she make actually have died during the summer hiatus.

• Love 5

And it's one day, where she's just really upset and wants to punish her.

One day? ONE day? ONE DAY??!?!?! 

tumblr_mv6my8MtWt1rqlnsko1_500.gif

"One day"? Oh, hell NO. Regina wants "to punish" Emma because it's a day that ends in 'y'. Regina has been awful to Emma starting from the day (within hours!) Emma was born. Sisterly bond my ass.

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 8

Did Emma bring Marian on purpose?  Because the whole time Emma was looking at the nameless woman being paraded around or in a jail cell next to her was how do I mess with Regina's life?  How do I make Regina my enemy?  That's exactly what happened.

• Love 2

This is so stupid. If Regina is actually a "hero", she should be overjoyed she's now guilty of one less senseless homicide, especially if that homicide caused great pain to the man she claims to love and his little boy. She should be worshipping at Emma's feet in thanks.

• Love 4

Emma just takes the verbal abuse. Because she knows. It's DESERVED.

And of course, Emma will have apologized 343 times for saving an innocent life, but Regina will have to apologize exactly 0 times for the non-stop verbal abuse to her "sister".

• Love 5
“Regina — until Emma [met] Elsa — was the only one who was able to teach her anything about magic or how to control it and these powers she had

Eh? Do they forget that Rumple taught her how to use the dream catcher and how to cast a protection spell. He taught her to use her magic in a more natural, organic way for her - by thinking about those she wants to protect. Continuity Fairy to aisle 5 - we have a major clean-up for you.

And Emma just takes it, because she knows it’s deserved.

Yes, how dare she save a life. I hope to goodness that other characters realize that Regina should just take verbal abuse from them because Regina should know it is deserved to. If saving a life warrants abuse, surely taking one does too.

So it’s nice they find comfort in one another.

I always like to take comfort in the people who have killed my grandfather, tried to kill my parents (and very nearly got my Mom), tried to kill me, were the reason I was left on the side of a highway so I could be raised in abusive homes, killed my boyfriend and are constantly rude to me.  If you can't take comfort from somebody like that, who can you take comfort from?

• Love 4

Lana is as delusional as Adam and Eddy, when it comes to Regina. Adam and Eddy really must HATE writing for Emma, if they are turning her centric episode into a hate-fest from Regina. I can't help feeling that they really wanted Regina at the center of the Frozen arc, but Disney/abc put their foot down. A&E are lashing out the only way they can. "You want us to actually give you Emma flashbacks? Sure we will, but it comes with a price, dearie!" 

• Love 5

If even LANA, Regina apologist extraordinaire, thinks Regina's being awful, so much she brought it up to A&E, can you even imagine how bad it must be?

Yeah. And this is the woman who thought Regina was justified in wanting to strangle Emma. 

Mini rant why this stupid Regina crap in the Emma centric. I recalled when we first learned about the Emma flashback some journalists said it could  be about Neal too .I was totally against  it because we know almost  nothing about her past. Well, Neal never mattered so I should  knew that Regina with all her misery because of Emma will take the  centrl stage. 

But it will make me laugh lauder at Regina and not caring at all about her tragic  love story.

I really  do not understand  Regina anymore and losing patience to try When her triangle of horror will end. I will try again to like her.

"You have never had my back, and you never will."

Why does Regina think that Emma should ever have her back? After what she has done to Emma, Regina should be relieved that Emma doesn't shoot her in the back.

• Love 3

I'm guessing it's a reply to Emma saying she has her back. Considering how many times Emma has saved her life (the fire Gold set, the wraith, etc) I hope Emma responds with the biggest eye roll.

• Love 1

What's with the script teases showcasing how much of a loathsome, vile, and despicable creature Regina is? It's like the writers think Regina kicking people who have been nothing but victims of her violence and verbally abusing them is great fun or something. As if her continuing mistreatment of people who she's been victimizing and constantly treating like dirt and garbage is something we should be cheering on. The idolatry being displayed by the writers for serial abuser, unrepentant mass murderer Regina is really, really, really, sick.

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 6

I'm not one for fandom blow ups, I tend to back away slowly and find something else to do for a while, but if this episode is as bad as we're being lead to believe I actually want them to go after the writers, I want a blood bath. Making Emma Regina's punching bag is in no way okay.   

• Love 2

What's with the script teases showcasing how much of a loathsome, vile, and despicable creature Regina is? It's like the writers think Regina kicking people who have been nothing but victims of her violence and verbally abusing them is great fun or something. As if her continuing mistreatment of people who she's been victimizing and constantly treating like dirt and garbage is something we should be cheering on. The idolatry being displayed by the writers for serial abuser, unrepentant mass murderer Regina is really, really, really, sick.

No, see, it's "sassy".

• Love 3

Ha! I knew someone would, but can't believe it was so quick. According to the tumblr:

My search will continue to the ends of the earth

One thing I know for sure:

the name of the savior is Emma

the savior shall be my sister

the family—

• Love 2