Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Maybe they have to call upon Ariel to take them to the Jolly Roger since she has the ability to jump realms to retrieve whatever they need from his ship.

Merrin said she and Joanna didn't film together, so unless she's not telling the truth, then Ariel and Ursula shouldn't be crossing paths, but my money is exactly where yours is.  Ariel probably saves him from drowning.  I will also put money where Emma has no clue what her pirate boyfriend is about to do with Ursula.  I'd think that if she knew, she would insist on going with him, magical backup and all.

• Love 1

Another interview with Colin, from TV Line

TVLINE | Hook is being conspicuously and admittedly mum about his past with Ursula (played by Merrin Dungey) — is it for a good reason?
Yeah, you find out exactly went on in their past — and as most people have guessed, Hook doesn’t come out too well. He tries to help a young Ursula (The Following‘s Tiffany Boone) run away from her father Poseidon (Ghostbusters‘ Ernie Hudson), but as is always the case with ol’ Hook, he makes a couple of questionable decisions. It doesn’t necessarily go the right way. But in the present day, he’s trying to take a leaf out of Emma’s book, offering Ursula a chance at her happy ending in exchange for finding out what Gold’s real plan is.

I love this answer:

TVLINE | Emma thus far has been quite understanding, letting Hook share his secret on his own time. But when all is said and done, is that a stance she’ll come to regret?
I think that Emma knows and understands who this Hook is, in present day. She knows that he deeply cares for her and wants to do whatever it takes to make this relationship work. Much in the the same way that Belle sees the best in Rumple, Emma tries to see the best in Hook — the only difference is that Hook is genuinely trying to do the right thing, to be the better person, whereas Gold just can’t do that. Gold just always, always has the Dark One inside him.

TV Line has also an interview with Agnes Bruckner: She talks about The Returned and Once. This is the most interesting part:

“Oh my God, I am having the time of my life,” she allows, sharing that she thus far has worked with “most” of the ABC drama’s cast, returning guest star Rebecca Mader (Zelena) included. “My character is going to be really, really out of this world.”

When I run by her my reporting on her casting, which suggested she is playing a bit of a troublemaker, Bruckner pauses to think, then ultimately responds, “It’s just going to be crazy. There are actually a lot of twists in my character’s story. It’s going to be a surprise, for sure!”

I'll take it.

As for my thoughts on Ariel, I think she'll rescue Hook--although why would she be in the same vicinity as him, and not with Eric? unless she was summoned and sent to retrieve the magic conch shell/jolly?/whatever and happened to return as Ursula Throws him into the water? i don't know.

Colin is going to be in deep trouble from the Rumbellers for that answer!

It's stupid if he is because that was a line he had in 404 when he told Gold that unlike him, he changed and was trying to be a better man.  So, it's not like he pulled that out of his ass.

Also, Hook just wanting to put Emma first?  About time someone wants to do that for her.

• Love 4

The best part about these Colin interviews is this, in regards to what he did to Ursula:

Colin: Not nice

A&E: OMG what's worse than a broken heart? It's not sexual either guys! It's soul crushing! The most dastardly thing EVAH!

I would've typed that all in caps, like a tween who doesn't know any better, to better mimic A&E but I thought that would be obnoxious.

And how the hell do you have both Ariel and Ursula in the same episode and never have them share screentime? Such BS. I'm hoping Merrin didn't get any scenes with Ariel but maybe young Ursula did. The timeline would be wonky but we all know they don't give a damn about something as trivial as that.

Why am I not surprised that Ursula's father appears to be an asshat? There's some serious daddy hating going on this show, except for Charming?

• Love 1

Why am I not surprised that Ursula's father appears to be an asshat? There's some serious daddy hating going on this show, except for Charming?

Charming may yet have his day! If you ask me, he's been behaving a little too much like cursed David Nolan, standing by while Snow caves on telling her daughter the truth. And honestly, when has Snow ever been able to keep a secret?

Edited by OnceUponAJen

There's some serious daddy hating going on this show, except for Charming?

Considering Charming is currently gaslighting his daughter and apparently bought into the idea that Snow was carrying baby Hitler, I don't rank David as very high on the list of great daddies either.

Hook's evil deeds aren't going to be super evil are they? I'm kind of disappointed. Also, much as I love the return of the red vest and coat, I see those god awful pointy toe boots are back as well.

And how the hell do you have both Ariel and Ursula in the same episode and never have them share screentime? Such BS.

Not really, there's no real connection between the two characters on this show since Regina was the one who played the Ursula role in Ariel's story.

Hook's evil deeds aren't going to be super evil are they? I'm kind of disappointed.

Really? After all the disproportionate hype for the Charmings' dark secret, you're surprised?

Edited by Mathius
Charming may yet have his day! If you ask me, he's been behaving a little too much like cursed David Nolan, standing by while Snow caves on telling her daughter the truth. And honestly, when has Snow ever been able to keep a secret?

David has always been a push-over when it comes to Snow.  She says something and he falls in line or she tells him a lie and takes off during their honeymoon because she has some hairbrained scheme going.

David needs to grow a pair when it comes to Snow and say "no".  It's okay every now and then for him to try and be assertive.

Hook's evil deeds aren't going to be super evil are they? I'm kind of disappointed. Also, much as I love the return of the red vest and coat, I see those god awful pointy toe boots are back as well.

I don't think Hook has ever been as evil as they've made him sound.  Apparently even when he was a pirate, he tried to do the right thing and not lose his "good form" and all.  It's really shaping up as him having to make a choice that ends up screwing over Ursula.  I think she's collateral damage, period.  

I don't like the shoes either, but I don't care, just bring on the coat and the pirate outfit which has been sorely missed...by me.

• Love 1

David has always been a push-over when it comes to Snow. She says something and he falls in line or she tells him a lie and takes off during their honeymoon because she has some hairbrained scheme going.

David needs to grow a pair when it comes to Snow and say "no". It's okay every now and then for him to try and be assertive.

I don't think Hook has ever been as evil as they've made him sound. Apparently even when he was a pirate, he tried to do the right thing and not lose his "good form" and all. It's really shaping up as him having to make a choice that ends up screwing over Ursula. I think she's collateral damage, period.

I don't like the shoes either, but I don't care, just bring on the coat and the pirate outfit which has been sorely missed...by me.

Hook has always been a villain-lite to me. I rank him and the Red queen at the same level of villainy (which isn't very high compared to Rumple/Regina/etc.

Ursula does sound to be collateral damage more or less.

What was said in the interviews make me think of the whole Hook/Baelfire/pan situation we saw in 2x22?

I'd still count Charmz as a decent father. It's not his fault the writers keep messing things up. When I think of worst daddy's on this show...where would I go to rank them? The all-seasons discussion thread? My mind zooms to the likes of the Sultan from Wonderland.

Yeah, I'd also rather Hook have actually done something jerky because he was just a jerk back then, not because he was under Pan's thumb. We've already seen Hook do pretty evil stuff, so I don't see the need to sugarcoat it now that he's the romantic anti-hero.

Interesting that he is aiming to give Ursula her happy ending minus the author (though I do agree she will probably double-cross him). I wonder if all the trio will end up getting their happy endings on their own. It certainly seems like Mal might, anyway.

Interesting that he is aiming to give Ursula her happy ending minus the author (though I do agree she will probably double-cross him). I wonder if all the trio will end up getting their happy endings on their own. It certainly seems like Mal might, anyway.

I think they will, which should be a lesson for Woegina and her fucking box of pain.  

• Love 2

Yeah, I'd also rather Hook have actually done something jerky because he was just a jerk back then, not because he was under Pan's thumb. We've already seen Hook do pretty evil stuff, so I don't see the need to sugarcoat it now that he's the romantic anti-hero.

I don't know if I'd go as far as calling it sugarcoating just yet. I'll have to see once the episode happens. It still sounds to me that he ends up doing it for somewhat-jerky/self-preservation reasons, and not just because he's under Pan's thumb. But I suppose that's just a matter of opinion.

Unless you're talking more about how stealing Ursula's voice/double crossing her somehow doesn't seem to be very evil? I gather that they were trying to connect it with The Little Mermaid, but I think it may have sounded evil-er in A&E's heads? Who knows, maybe we'll be in for a surprise.

As of now, I can't think too badly of a pirate/sailor who wants to get rid of the voice that was causing ships to be wrecked. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but it seems like self-preservation to me (plus all the other pirates out there). I wouldn't be surprised if his king-hating played into the situation with Poseidon.

I don't know if I'd go as far as calling it sugarcoating just yet. I'll have to see once the episode happens. It still sounds to me that he ends up doing it for somewhat-jerky/self-preservation reasons, and not just because he's under Pan's thumb. But I suppose that's just a matter of opinion.

True, we'll have to see how it plays out. It's just they built it up as soooo evil, and now it seems more like it's going to be that he wanted and intended to do the "right" thing, but ultimately ended up doing the wrong thing to save his own arse. Which isn't good, but not something I'd expect him to be petrified of telling Emma about. Unless he's worried about the parallels with Neal selling her out over the watches when she was trying to run away.

That is an interesting point. While Hook is struggling for redemption, the other traditional villains want to force The Author to give them their happy ending. Why is Hook on a different path?

O'Donoghue: Maybe you'll find out later on in the season. There are reasons that Hook does things, but at the moment, Hook is kind of content. He's trying to make a go of it with Emma. He's the kind of person, once he decides on something, he does it whole-heartedly. We'll see that he cares for Emma and that he's given himself to that 100 percent. His main thing at the moment is to try to protect her and protect whatever it is they're beginning to form in their relationship.

Colin saying "maybe you'll find out" makes me think it doesn't ever get touched upon. Which is sad, because this is a legitimate question and that whole answer sounds kind of dodgy. I honestly believe we'll go through the entire season without any one of the villains questioning how Hook has managed to become content with his life without needing to find an author to interfere with everything.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

See, I read the "maybe you'll find out thing" as confirmation that they would at least touch on it. Because he was pretty open about them not really exploring the stuff between Will and Hook any more this season. I think if it really never comes up, he wouldn't have just started from "Hook is kind of content."

• Love 1

But isn't this what we've been wondering about? He doesn't care about this author situation. The only reason he's in it is probably because of Emma and because Rumple is back too. He's a lot more rational anyway, so I hope we get something as far as that goes.

I'm on tablet, so quoting is a bitch, but he and Will knew each other from before? Am I reading this right?

Edited by YaddaYadda

Colin saying "maybe you'll find out" makes me think it doesn't ever get touched upon. Which is sad, because this is a legitimate question and that whole answer sounds kind of dodgy. I honestly believe we'll go through the entire season without any one of the villains questioning how Hook has managed to become content with his life without needing to find an author to interfere with everything.

I think the difference here is that Hook wasn't expecting a happy ending, he had lost all the hope of one. His vengeance was a suicide mission. He had no plans after. So, finding love is so much more than he believed he would have. He had noone for 300 years, now he has people that he cares about. Rumple wanted to find Bae and have all the power. Regina wanted vengeance, power, and be feared and loved by all. Hook didn't have another reason to live besides vengeance (when he came to Storybrook). So, yes, he is content. I don't think they will explore this directly,  but we will see that he thinks that he has more than he deserves (self-loathing and all).

• Love 1

I'm on tablet, so quoting is a bitch, but he and Will knew each other from before? Am I reading this right?

Yeah, that was a weird. I mean the question is based on the assumption that they did, and his answer seems to concur. They've never explicitly hinted at them knowing each other previously before, but I guess there hasn't been anything that would definitively rule it out, either. Is it possible they crossed paths in Wonderland? I'm not good with the timeline there.

Is it possible they crossed paths in Wonderland? I'm not good with the timeline there.

The Wonderland timeline is pretty vague. It seemed like Will must have somehow returned from Wonderland to the Enchanted Forest in time to be cursed, since he was in Storybrooke in Curse 1. Or I guess the curse could have grabbed him from Wonderland, like it did Jefferson, but it doesn't seem like Regina had any particular beef with him. Hook came to Wonderland not long before the curse because he went to supposedly kill Cora so she couldn't interfere when Regina cast the curse. I know Will was working for Cora, but Alice got his heart back. I don't recall what he did after that (I wouldn't mind getting Wonderland on DVD because I really enjoyed the last half of it). Did he stay on as a Knave or did he split? Depending on where in the timeline getting his heart back fell, what Will did afterward and how long Hook stayed in Wonderland before coming back with Cora, I suppose their paths might have crossed there.

I really didn't get any impression of past acquaintance from "The Apprentice." But apparently there was supposed to be some.

I kind of thought the reporter made a misassumption and Colin either didn't want to correct him (because who knows what they might change/retcon on this show) or didn't quite get what the reporter was implying. Based on the same/similar quotes in multiple articles, I'm pretty sure it was a conference call with multiple reporters at once. 

• Love 1

"Meh" on the sneak peek.

As for Hook and Will knowing each other, it'd be a bit a stretch, but I don't think it's entirely impossible. If there was a background it doesn't necessarily have to be a big thing. Maybe Will and Hook caught a glimpse of each other while walking down a castle hall, or if Will was back to being a thief at that point, maybe they quickly bumped into each other as Hook was making his way to try and kill Cora?

The timeline on the OUATIW wiki (I know, I know, it shouldn't be trusted) places alice returning Will's heart before Hook shows up in Wonderland. At that point he would of probably been causing trouble/hanging out with lizard, etc. so it could be possible that they bumped into each other.

The first scenes with Hook and Will really don't show any signs of them knowing each other though. If that were the case, a past between the two would be an after thought (like how Bleeding Through kinda was with Leopald's reactions to marrying Cora's daughter not making much sense).

I'm more interested to see a scene where Hook and Will have bit of a back-and-forth when/if Will ever finds out Hook worked with Cora.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

Even the Hook/Ursula centric episode is all about Regina and her boring "romance". How about that?

Just to keep my own sanity, I turn it into a running joke. How can they take every episode, every characters back story, and somehow make it ALL ABOUT REGINA? I laugh, so that I don't scream. 

• Love 2

I'm guessing (read: hoping) that scene with Regina and Robin and anything dealing with the August torture are the B and C plots and we can finally have just one episode this back half that doesn't deal with The Author/Regina/Queens of Darkness stuff all the time.

Definitely, Captain Swan fans are vocal as are the Rumbelle fans and Outlaw Queen fans. It’s great for the show that people have taken such an interest.

Thank you, Colin, for not addressing Swan Queen. You're my hero. Of all the cast I think I like his interviews the best.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

And also ET, wherein Colin learns about coffee.

I'm glad he didn't know what it meant. I was afraid Jen told him after the whole twitter debacle, or he saw it himself on twitter. Unless he was playing dumb...

*sorry, I probably should have posted this in the fandumb thread. Maybe people could reply there, if they want to reply. :)

Edited by pezgirl7

Natalie Abrams, of course, makes Sunday's ep all about Regina. Warning: Typical Lana interview. A particularly LOL passage:

“She’s taking a big chance here, especially with her life,” Parrilla says. “It’s worth it. She’s trying to find this Author and now she has to help Snow and protect this secret and help save Emma from going dark. That’s really what this is about, protecting Emma. She’s sacrificing herself in some ways, but that’s on par for Regina.”

Yes, uh huh, sacrificing herself is "on par" for Regina.

lol1.gif

• Love 7

Natalie Abrams, of course, makes Sunday's ep all about Regina. Warning: Typical Lana interview. A particularly LOL passage:

Yes, uh huh, sacrificing herself is "on par" for Regina.

Ha I was just about to post and quote the exact same part. That whole article is 100% SQ bait

ETA:

Parrilla, of course, plays coy. “Emma is going to stop Regina from really taking it too far,” she says. “That’s what they end up doing for each other often. Regina’s coming from a place of, ‘Trust me, I know what I’m doing. We have to play by their rules.’ That’s not how Emma sees things.

That sounds like the description for last week's ep but nice to see Abrams "scooping" everyone.

But she does somewhat quell OUAT fan fears about whether Robin Hood was really the man in the bar fated to be Regina’s soul mate. Is this really true love? “I think so. That’s at least what I’ve been told, and that’s what the story has been saying for quite some time. But who knows; maybe he isn’t,” she says. “Maybe there is someone else out there.”

Hmm wonder who SQ will think that "someone" is...

Edited by buildmeupbuttercup
  • Love 2