Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I really hope they don't do the mind-wip thing again. We really don't know how the scene between Rumple, Belle and Will goes, we don't even have a pic. There are many possibilitied. It can be Rumple trying to talk to Belle, she doesn't want to and Will just happens to be there. And the same goes with Hook being happy.

I think that's Marian in the background. Charming knew her?

Belle's an idiot if she sticks with Rumple or leaves him. She married him knowing what he was and was going around spouting his good heart crap when he forced her to clean blood from his torture sessions. Nothing he's done this season is any worse than the past. I actually think he's been pretty mild compared to say attempting to kill his grandkid. It's not like he promised her that he'd change and be a good man either. He only promised that to dead Neal. It's like marrying a serial killer whom you know is one and then bitching that he's a serial killer. She has zero room for complaints.

Edited by Jean
  • Love 1

Betsy Tarr ‏@Betsypaige24 

@KalindaVazquez Hi! Has Gold thought his plan to take Belle and Henry through? He has to know they'll be angry. Thanks!

Kalinda Vazquez @KalindaVazquez

@Betsypaige24 I think Gold is suffering from a bit of 'one track mind-itis.' All of this has yet to fully play out though!

Yeah, I really don't know how Rumple expects to convince either of them to leave, Henry especially. I don't really buy that he is that stupid, either.

Rumple is thorough with everything. If there's one thing he's not, it's impulsive. There's nothing he does that's not calculated carefully first. If Belle and Henry refuse to comply, then I bet he'll just make them fall asleep then reawake them later. There's that immobilization spell too.

Edited by KingOfHearts
Yeah, I really don't know how Rumple expects to convince either of them to leave, Henry especially.

I'm not sure he's planning on convincing. I think he's just going to take him. He doesn't usually have to explain himself or convince anybody of anything. Manipulation is the main weapon in his arsenal.

I don't really buy that he is that stupid, either.

It's kind of a family trait, though. Neal happily did what Zelena was trying to trick him into doing because he figured his father would figure out an escape clause. Malcom happily came to Neverland without a plan other than "Let's eat cake and fly". For all his planning for 300 years, Rumple seemed to have no plan on how to find his son. He was surprised about the memory loss and Cora had to bring him a magical globe. Sometimes Rumple has elaborate plans - sometimes he just wings it. 

I'm sure he thinks they will be so grateful to be saved, that they won't be mad at him. He's likely planning on playing the part of "Hero" saving them from certain death rather than the villain he really is being (which would explain why he's been waiting for the mirror curse instead of high-tailing it out of dodge already). I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if the final role Rumple has for Hook is villain. "Curse Crazed" (but really "Heart Controlled") Hook is going to threaten Belle (there is a large precedent for that) and Henry (no precedent, but let's go with it) and Rumple will rescue them. Maybe he'll even include crushing his heart as part of the act. If that's his plan, I'm not entirely sure he understands that Belle and Henry are anti-death penalty. Of course, he could pretend to be benelovent and pretend that he's not killing Hook (if they must be around when he casts the spell, the heart can be Glamour Spelled into a mushroom or frog or something).

PLEASE let us keep Dark Snow. A Snow who says "Yeah, I killed Cora, and I don't feel bad at all"? Sign me the f up for that!

I wish the show would let Charming and Snow really go at each other--like Charming getting to say "You know, maybe we could've raised our daughter if you'd killed Regina one of the 3846346 times you had the opportunity and didn't"--but that's too much to hope for, right?

...omg, I just realized that when Charming makes that "you're telling ME" face at the 8-second mark, he's making it in response to Kristoff's faces. Hee!

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1

I wish Snow didn't feel guilty about killing Cora, but why would she beg Regina to kill her back then if she didn't?

She probably couldn't handle the guilt of committing murder. She wasn't sorry for killing Cora but she still knew it was wrong. Maybe she feels guilty for not feeling sorry for it? Yeah, I don't know either.

I think that's Marian in the background. Charming knew her?

Or perhaps he went back to the Enchanted Forest with her, and came back after a time jump? But I guess that's too close to the Missing Year storyline. I'm just really hoping 4B has a bigger twist than new villains and a Rumpbelle fallout. I'm not holding my breath, though.

As a side note, I'd love to see Emma and Henry try to adjust to life in EF. Emma having to do princessy stuff, Henry coming to terms with seeing what he'd only read about.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I really don't want a mind-wipe, and not just b/c they've already done it. Emma saving Hook is/should be a big deal for them both. He knows how far he'd go for her, and now she knows it too. This is about him learning how far she'd go for him. I don't want him to lose that.

Restoring those he Hat-ed should go a long way to easing his conscience, and Emma can do a spell to keep anyone else from ripping out his heart (just like Regina did for Henry). 

• Love 4

I wish the show would let Charming and Snow really go at each other--like Charming getting to say "You know, maybe we could've raised our daughter if you'd killed Regina one of the 3846346 times you had the opportunity and didn't"--but that's too much to hope for, right?

Ugh, this. The scene was funny, but really? Rehashing their first meeting? If that's all they say to each other, that's a cop out. The things Anna said to Elsa were genuinely hurtful. She did not whine about Elsa eating the last chocolate at dinner when they were 6.

I don't know where the mind wipe stuff is coming from. Emma and Hook are clearly together and very couple-y. Unless it's a selective mind-wipe like what the DQ did to Emma...

• Love 1

I really doubt there's a mind wipe of any sort.  It wouldn't be consistent with what's already been released for 411 in terms of the two couples for one thing.  I just don't see people being mind-wiped, whether it's a selective one or a full on one.

This is what I want. And for the stupid Diner Speech. I also want Snow to really rip into Regina, but sadly I doubt it will be anything real.

So I don't get the second sneak peek because the dialogue seems to be all over the place.

So Regina doesn't remember sealing herself in her crypt.  Then she doesn't know why she's dressed the way she is so I took it to mean that she didn't remember she is now "reformed" (or so they want us to believe) and then she says she missed EQ.  So I don't really get this.

So, Regina can't seen to break her own spell. Does this mean Emma is stupid enough to let Regina out of the Vault later in that scene with Elsa? And I agree--does Regina have selective amnesia? Why does she think Emma sealed her in?

Edited by Rumsy4

The "I've missed you!" at the end of the Sneak Peek confirms what I have ever thought about Regina's double personality syndhrome...

Can I say that I don't like Lana's acting in this sneak Peek? It seems to me too much acted and not natural at all.

Edited by Alex
  • Love 1

Can I say that I don't like Lana's acting in this sneak Peek? It's seems to me too much acted and not natural at all.

I have a bad feeling the entire episode is just going to be one giant scene-chewing disaster. I get that the actors probably had a ton of fun filming the more comedic scenes, but this really shouldn't be the vibe for a penultimate episode. This might have been a cute middle-of-the-season episode to lighten the mood, but right before an epic finale where Belle will probably find out about the dagger and Emma has to find out about Hook's heart? I don't get it. Maybe they're going for emotional whiplash with these final two episodes.

• Love 2
People who can leave Storybrooke right now would be Emma, Henry, Hook, Rumple (with his Bae Scarf), Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and perhaps the Snow Queen. If Tink is here this time, she was cursed here.

I think this is the case also...(i.e its our world's way of containing what, as Regina said, "Is not meant to exist here.") however, it brings up a good point..Regina could leave as she always knew who she was, but what about the second curse..it would be intersesting if she got pushed over the line and just was an empty slate and didn't remember her past..thinking she was just Regina Mills, career politician. The moral question for everyone would be, do we leave her as bitchy but non psycho Mayor Mills or do we restore her rightfull memories. I think it would be a way for a redemption in that Regina for at least an episode could forget her evil past...(maybe even take her back to the girl she was before Cora and Rump did their number on her) and then she gets her memories back and she is horrified at what she had become.

Though I still want her to always and forever have a bad attitude and say things like "Again with the sister? I am tired of her talking about her sister?" Cause, that is really, really needed on this show.

I'm on the fence about this comic relief episode, I do like that they play with and endorse the campy. But the last two episode of arc should be when the stake for the protagonist are at the sommet.

But the sneak cartonish, cartonish this curse just look pointless and childlike, sure the woman who cast it just want to go back when she was playing with her two sister with her ribbons. But the real Show Queen was scary ans I like E.M Show Queen until now.

But really show it is the worse she able do to?

I believe Emma put another sealing spell on the vault, otherwise Regina would be able to break her own spell. (Hence the "Savior magic") I agree the acting is bad. I couldn't even tell if she was evil or not until almost the end. I'm surprised she didn't go full psycho like usual.

This scene reminds me of 102 Dalmatians where a reformed Cruella begins to revert into her old self. When she gets to the secret room of fur coats she says, "Mommy's home!"

Edited by KingOfHearts

I think the idea of some kind of memory wipe, selective or otherwise, came up to rationalize the fact that the filming for second half episodes seems to suggest everyone coexisting happily, like there's been some kind of reset button -- Belle's still speaking to Rumple after all the lies and the proof that his heart isn't all that good, Hook seems relaxed and happy instead of traumatized by a brush with death (or actual death) and being forced to do things that horrified him.

Then again, this show. No one has any lingering effects from anything.

I've found myself pondering whether Rumple's whole scheme might end up biting him in the ass, and instead of getting bonus powers and being freed from the dagger, he loses his powers, and that's why he has to team up with other villains. Like if that thing about needing someone who knew him before he was the Dark One makes him the person he was before he was the Dark One. That could explain why others are still willing to deal with him, if he's not actually a threat (that they know of) anymore. Realistically, if he's no longer super powerful you'd think they'd then put him in jail, but it's this show.

• Love 2
I've found myself pondering whether Rumple's whole scheme might end up biting him in the ass, and instead of getting bonus powers and being freed from the dagger, he loses his powers, and that's why he has to team up with other villains.

That would be totally cool as a concept. I like Rumple being hoisted on his own petard and I think he needs to lose his powers at some point. He's too powerful. It would be interesting if he learned nothing and sitll stayed evil which is what I suspect would happen. He's too addicted to having power that he'll get it any way he can even if it means taking allies.

That said, though, if Rumple casts the curse, I want Hook's heart destroyed. I love Hook, but he better die. There needs to be costs associated with these things or the threats mean nothing. "Oh, you want to use my heart to cast a curse? No problem. Have it back by Friday and make sure you get all the dirt off of it before you return it. Enjoy!" I thought it was beyond bogus that Zelena successfully cast a curse that broke the laws of magic and we fretted about all half-season when there was absolutely no cost to it. Regina's heart and Snowflake were not damaged in any way. 

• Love 1

I think I'm the one who started with the mind-wipe stuff, and I probably should have been more specific: not a global erasure of everyone's minds, but a more Rumpel-specific contrivance that keeps Hook and Belle and Emma et al from realizing what's just happened.

I've found myself pondering whether Rumple's whole scheme might end up biting him in the ass, and instead of getting bonus powers and being freed from the dagger, he loses his powers, and that's why he has to team up with other villains.

I wish I thought was a likely outcome. It makes sense from a narrative perspective, and it's pretty clear after these last few episodes that a little of Evil Non-Imp Rumpel goes a long way (as does Evil Imp Rumpel, frankly). There's not a lot left to do with the character at this point, so a total change back to skittish old peasant Rumpel would be a welcome switch. They don't have the stones to do it.

• Love 1
I believe Emma put another sealing spell on the vault, otherwise Regina would be able to break her own spell. (Hence the "Savior magic") I agree the acting is bad. I couldn't even tell if she was evil or not until almost the end. I'm surprised she didn't go full psycho like usual.

No Regina put the spell on the vault, and it must have a twist in it that the barrier goes down when the curse breaks.  She is under the Shattered Sight spell, hence..its the savior's fault. Actually pretty in character..the worst parts of Regina is not the EQ but that she can never accept responsibility and blames others. Good job for once writers.

I did laugh with the.."This is what I get for being subtle...." Uh, Regina...you havent been subtle since S1...but I do love the "Whtat the HELL am I wearing??"

Okay, I will bitch about the epsiode after words but I think its kind of good what I have seen so far.

I like Rumple being hoisted on his own petard and I think he needs to lose his powers at some point. He's too powerful. It would be interesting if he learned nothing and sitll stayed evil which is what I suspect would happen.

It did happen during the curse when there was no magic in Storybrooke. He was going to foreclose on nuns! He was basically Scrooge. Which makes Belle's constant assertions about what a good heart he has look even sillier. No matter what his circumstances are, he's a selfish bastard. He might have been somewhat okay, if rather cowardly, pre-Dark One, but I think he's changed from having power, and I don't think that in losing the Dark One status he'd revert to his old self.

I am trying to figure out where the door into a modern city fits in. If he's outside Storybrooke, then the spell must have worked, unless the Sorcerer is playing tricks on him. Maybe they manage to push him through the door without the spell?

I'm fine with a price being paid for Rumple's actions, but killing Hook would truly kill the show. He's one of the few characters that aren't messed up. The show would lose a lot of its appeal, plus all the CS shippers. Emma fans would be irate. There are already numerous threats to stop watching on social media he dies.

• Love 3

No Regina put the spell on the vault, and it must have a twist in it that the barrier goes down when the curse breaks. She is under the Shattered Sight spell, hence..its the savior's fault. Actually pretty in character..the worst parts of Regina is not the EQ but that she can never accept responsibility and blames others. Good job for once writers.

I did laugh with the.."This is what I get for being subtle...." Uh, Regina...you havent been subtle since S1...but I do love the "Whtat the HELL am I wearing??"

Okay, I will bitch about the epsiode after words but I think its kind of good what I have seen so far.

She said "This is Savior magic". It doesn't make sense that she can't break her own spell. Thus, Emma probably came and tacked on her own spell in addition to hers to insure she couldn't get out. That's why Regina is surprised she's locked in. She didn't know Emma put her own magic on it. Maybe that explains the "Emma/Elsa prank" scene. Edited by KingOfHearts

I'm fine with a price being paid for Rumple's actions, but killing Hook would truly kill the show.

I actually kind of agree about killing Hook to make Rumple's threat actually seem legitimate and real (because we all know this Shattered Sight spell is a total joke, something needs to be taken seriously), but Hook dying doesn't have to mean he's off the show for good (especially since we know he's filming 4B right now). If Emma can bring him back to life somehow, then that still allows Rumple to kill him and fulfill whatever plan he has up his sleeve, and then Emma can do whatever Act of True Love it takes to revive Hook and their relationship can go to "the next level."

• Love 2

From the writer of the next episode on Twitter;

Liz C ‏@Lizzyc807 
@ScottNimerfro The new promo shows Regina in her vault and she can't remember why she is locked in or dressed the way she is.

Scott Nimerfro @ScottNimerfro
@Lizzyc807 she remembers both. "What am I wearing?" is a sarcastic reaction to her drab clothing.

Scott Nimerfro @ScottNimerfro

@Lizzyc807  "Locked in vault... Savior's fault" is connected to the fact that Emma suggested they all protect themselves from each other.

He says it makes more sense in context.

• Love 3

If Emma can bring him back to life somehow, then that still allows Rumple to kill him and fulfill whatever plan he has up his sleeve, and then Emma can do whatever Act of True Love it takes to revive Hook and their relationship can go to "the next level."

If it means breaking the dead is dead rule again, then no thank you. I don't mind him almost dying and Emma reviving him, but if he fully dies and gets resurrected, I'll be throwing my hands in the air in irritation.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

I think Rumple will at least try and make good on his threat.  I don't think he'll be here, have your heart back because Belle and Emma are asking.  This is the guy who tried to have Emma commit suicide by hat and she both someone who has never done anything to him, someone who actually cared about his son and is mother to his grandkid.  Rumple actually feels he's been wronged by Hook.  I mean I'm surprised they didn't try to kill each other in Neverland and that it's taken this long since S2 for the writers to circle back to the hatred that exists between the two men.  Hook bit more than he can chew and will hopefully grow some brain cells and regrow the ones he lost while holding the ball of stupid.

It's interesting that 4A went from being about Frozen and the Snow Queen/Emma to really becoming about Hook and Rumple in the end.  I have to hand it to the writers, hiding the biggest threat under a big enough one.  They had two villains running around and there's a total of 3 people who knew about it, Hook, Rumple and DQ.

• Love 3

I think I'm the one who started with the mind-wipe stuff, and I probably should have been more specific: not a global erasure of everyone's minds, but a more Rumpel-specific contrivance that keeps Hook and Belle and Emma et al from realizing what's just happened.

I was thinking a similar thing with news that they filmed a scene with Rumple and Belle in it, but in retrospect, I agree with others that there is still no way of doing this without wiping Emma saving Hook from their minds and that would suck for the story and the characters, as it does feel like things have been building to that for some time.

No one saw that scene being filmed, though, so it may not have been Belle actually speaking to Rumple. He may just be skulking quietly around town. Because even if/once they find out what he has been up to, there is not really much any of them can do to stop or detain him. He is more powerful than Emma or Regina.

I'm not too worried about the "dead is dead" rule because I figure there are always degrees and loopholes -- the manner of death, the amount of time, etc. David dead for a minute or so before Snow gave him a new heart works, but Daniel being dead for decades doesn't. Hook could be Mostly Dead and saved, or there could be a loophole because his heart isn't in his body (like seems to be working with Marian), where he can get himself killed trying to stop Rumple, but then saved if those injuries are magically healed and his heart is put back in. "Dead is dead" may mean that you can't just wave your magic wand and bring someone back to life, but within certain limitations you may be able to take steps to fix the things that caused the death. The sleeping curse looks like death if you don't know that's what's going on, and it can be broken. And then there's that whole thing about fate and someone being killed when it wasn't supposed to be their time, so it can be undone.

The problem is this show's fondness for reset buttons and no consequences, especially for the villains, and the fact that nothing can happen to the opening credits villains. Since this is fantasy, I can buy death being undone, but I have more trouble with the idea that Rumple could try to pull off this whole scheme and then still have people willing to associate with him. I suppose there's nothing they can really do to him while he still has his powers, but a good shunning would be nice.

I'm fine with a price being paid for Rumple's actions, but killing Hook would truly kill the show.

I agree. So, I think they need to prevent Rumple from casting the curse. If he uses the heart to cast the curse, Hook needs to die. Heart crushing means you are dead. I don't want to see some True Love Kiss bringing him back to life (because that is to break curses and has nothing to do with a crushed heart)  or heart splitting (because they aren't at that point in their relationships) or stuffing a random heart in there (because that should change your personality - actually, I would buy the Robin stuff much more if they had stuffed a new heart in him).

If they don't want to kill Hook (and start a tumblr meltdown) the hat curse cannot happen if Hook's heart is a necessary ingredient.

I will tolerate that the Snow Queen lied to Rumple and the heart was never necessary (just her way to manipulate Rumple into getting rid of somebody that would be a problem for her if she wanted Emma completely on her side) because it would be fun to see somebody get the better end of a deal with Rumple. Actually, it might make for a fun scene. Snow Queen is completely defeated and defanged at the end of the next episode. She seems like the sort to quietly accept defeat until the next round. She can turn, look directly at Rumple and reveal the entire plot in front of everybody. He'd be furious. Meanwhile, Henry mucking around in the shop like the Apprentice he is finds the hat and triggers it in some totally simple way.

If it means breaking the dead is dead rule again, then no thank you. I don't mind him almost dying and Emma reviving him, but if he fully dies and gets resurrected, I'll be throwing my hands in the air in irritation.

I'm not too worried about the "dead is dead" rule because I figure there are always degrees and loopholes -- the manner of death, the amount of time, etc. David dead for a minute or so before Snow gave him a new heart works, but Daniel being dead for decades doesn't. Hook could be Mostly Dead and saved, or there could be a loophole because his heart isn't in his body (like seems to be working with Marian), where he can get himself killed trying to stop Rumple, but then saved if those injuries are magically healed and his heart is put back in. "Dead is dead" may mean that you can't just wave your magic wand and bring someone back to life, but within certain limitations you may be able to take steps to fix the things that caused the death. The sleeping curse looks like death if you don't know that's what's going on, and it can be broken. And then there's that whole thing about fate and someone being killed when it wasn't supposed to be their time, so it can be undone.

I'll respond in the speculation thread, since we're not really going off of any spoilers here...

Hi there! Finally back to the boards after two weeks of spending all my free time on a video game (totally worth it!) and the crazy amount of posts is overwhelming me. Could someone tell me if something really juicy has come up? I realize it's offtopic and such, but I seriously don't have the time to read everything, and judging by the last page, it's hard to separate speculation from actual spoilers. Thank you and sorry (just in case)!

She said "This is Savior magic". It doesn't make sense that she can't break her own spell. Thus, Emma probably came and tacked on her own spell in addition to hers to insure she couldn't get out. That's why Regina is surprised she's locked in. She didn't know Emma put her own magic on it. Maybe that explains the "Emma/Elsa prank" scene.

Care to place a bet? ..(something has to make this show worthwhile.) I think its Regina not understanding she herself created the spell, because, really if Regina wanted to protect people from her worst self (and she was worried about that last week) why would she cast a spell she herself could break. I think it will be something along the lines of Emma just opening the door, or using her magic to break Regina's spell to get her out..(not that Emma would be that dumb,  let sleeping Evil Queen lie...but this is Once.)

Dinner at Granny's and drinks at the Rabbit Hole?

Hi there! Finally back to the boards after two weeks of spending all my free time on a video game (totally worth it!) and the crazy amount of posts is overwhelming me. Could someone tell me if something really juicy has come up? I realize it's offtopic and such, but I seriously don't have the time to read everything, and judging by the last page, it's hard to separate speculation from actual spoilers. Thank you and sorry (just in case)!

Not sure if you heard or not, but Cruella and Ursula are slated to be villains in 4B. We've had pictures of Cruella's car. If you already know this information, please disregard this post!

Not sure if you heard or not, but Cruella and Ursula are slated to be villains in 4B. We've had pictures of Cruella's car. If you already know this information, please disregard this post!

Yeah this was already out when I dumped headfirst into Dragon Age Inquisition but anyway, thanks :)

So, I guess, nothing specific on deaths and whatnot?

can we please keep Anna?

No thanks. But the phrase was cute. I just feel like the actress will overact it as usual.

Script tease http://www.spoilertv...red_19.html?m=1 (can we please keep Anna?)

We can keep her just for making blissful comments about the cast and the show. "Is there something wrong with your skin?" "What a funny looking world." I'd find it humorous if Once went a little darker for 4B, then Swiss Miss is just a cheerful yaysayer in the midst of serious drama. Imagine her in Neverland just annoying the crap out of everyone with her optimism. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3

We can keep her just for making blissful comments about the cast and the show.

Yeah that's pretty much what I'd want her for. This show really has missed a lot of comedic opportunities with non-cursed fairytale characters in the real world (though I admit they have done better this season than previous ones -- I enjoyed Hook and the talking phone/Emma button and Aurora and the devil box.)

• Love 1