Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Well, to be fair, it's not a very far walk for Regina from "Regina" to "Evil Queen".

Congrats Mari, you just won the thread.

I wonder how long the Shattered Sight spell actually lasts. A few hours? A few days? Knowing this show's timeline, probably five minutes. It would be interesting if it lasted for a while. We'd get all kinds of juicy Mirror-Belle-esque truths. I find it odd that it supposedly breaks when it starts to snow, according to the brawl spoiler.

Swan Queen

So, Mirror Regina is in love with Emma? Let's face it - that's a stunt A&E would pull.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

It's apparently this:

http://www.etonline.com/tv/154253_once_upon_a_times_jennifer_morrison_talks_heartless_hook_the_worst_spell_ever_and_more/?viewFull=true

And for anyone who is still wondering if there's going to be any more mama drama over Henry's two moms, Morrison promised us that issue was laid to rest long ago. "I feel like Regina and Emma have both really embraced each other as being Henry's parent a long time ago. I don’t think there's any animosity there and there hasn't been in a long time," she said.

"Regina's concern with Marian coming back has nothing to do with Emma being Henry's birth mother, and has nothing to do with Regina being Henry's adoptive mother," the OUAT star continued. "I think they both fully support each other as mothers of Henry and they know that each other are both going to fight their hardest to do the right thing for Henry."

EDIT: A more relevant quote:

"By episode nine and ten we're still really struggling to overcome the big picture," [Morrison] admitted. "We're winning some of the battles, but feeling like we're still losing the war."
Edited by HeimrArnadalr

Here is is. The SQ "scoop" is literally nothing. Things Jennifer has said before. The CS stuff is new, but something we could have guessed. It's kinda funny seeing the actors bend over backwards to "explain" how suddenly you can feel without a heart. It's not like there was a whole plot point in S2 (Cora) and OUATIW (Will) about it.

And for anyone who is still wondering if there's going to be any more mama drama over Henry's two moms, Morrison promised us that issue was laid to rest long ago. "I feel like Regina and Emma have both really embraced each other as being Henry's parent a long time ago. I don’t think there's any animosity there and there hasn't been in a long time," she said.

Oh my gosh. When exactly was this resolved? You'd think Emma taking care of Henry for the Missing Year would have ramped up those issues a bit. Oh, wait... nevermind, I forgot. They're BFFs now, so all the water is under the bridge. Once again any interesting drama is skipped.

Edited by KingOfHearts

eventually somehow Emma is going to help him get his heart back," Morrison teased. "I don’t know how or when but…"

How old is this quote? Are we going to go into 4B with Hook still being heart-less? Or did she just mean she can't tell how or when?

ETA: It seems from the other quotes the quote is from when they were filming eps 9-10, and it makes sense if he gets it back in episode 11.

Edited by MaiLuna
  • Love 1

I wonder if the heart thing means it's hard to form new feelings.

Cora ripped her heart out long before Regina was born, so was never able to love Regina.

Will wasn't able to feel love for people he met after he had his heart ripped out, and while his pain at losing Ana seemed to be reduced or dulled, it didn't seem like he had no feelings for her at all, and he was able to form a close friendship with Alice while his heart was gone.

Regina already loved Henry before she removed her heart, and she'd already seen the tattoo and decided that Robin was her soulmate.

While Graham claimed not to feel anything, he was drawn to Emma and was ashamed for Emma to find out about his relationship with Regina. Everything was empty enough that he felt frustrated, but if he didn't feel anything at all, would he have felt that bad?

The interviewer seems to not know what exactly "Swan Queen " means. Why do Regina and Emma have to be friends? Regina is single handily responsible for ruining Emma's beginnings and everyone's lives. Ugh. Why can't they just be civil to each other and leave it at that?

Yay for Emma helping to get Hook's heart back!

• Love 3

The Emma/Regina friendship is so freaking forced and unnatural. Civility is honestly the most that should realistically be there. The show and media are just pandering to the squeaky SQ fans at this point, because there was really no SQ scoop there. I'm glad it was already out before I saw the tease!

I don't think it's much of a surprise that Emma helps Hook get his heart back, but nice to have confirmation. And thanks for the swoony line, Colin!

• Love 2

So I guess they're slapping a name now on what Hook and Emma are.  I'd be really looking forward to 411 if it wasn't for that long winter hiatus.  Wonder how they find out the heart is missing since he very likely won't be telling them anything.

Also interviewer, chiseled chest?  Really?  Tone it down a bit.  Thanks!

Edited by YaddaYadda
Wonder how they find out the heart is missing since he very likely won't be telling them anything.

He very likely can't tell them anyting. This isn't Rumple's first time at the rodeo. He's going to know exactly what instructions to give Hook to avoid any accidental reveals.

It's possible that Emma notices that Hook is acting off and figures it out. Maybe she realizes that he is acting kind of vacant like Aurora did - or maybe even how Graham acted. Maybe she catches him doing some errand for Rumple and just can't believe he would do it. Maybe he manages to blink what is happening in morse code because that is the one thing that Rumple forgets to caveat (and would be an awesome callback to ALIAS). Then, she asks her BFF to check if his heart is there.  If Regina didn't take it, then it must be Rumple.

Or maybe Belle finds the heart in a bag in the back of Rumple's closet while she's looking for her missing shoe. Maybe Rumple didn't talk to his wingman about women's shoes and accidently hid it in one of her shoe boxes not realizing she would still be using it.

Or Henry finds it while polishing the furniture in the back. Or maybe Henry gets tired of doing menial labour, like the Mickey Apprentice, and decides to do some magic. He starts by going into Rumple's safe which he can totally do because of blood magic (Zelena showed us last year that the safe could be opened using blood magic - that's why she nicked Rumple while shaving him - and Neal showed us that he can break Rumple's blood magic because he is his son. Zelena also made a hash of Regina's magic because she was related by blood). When he opens the safe he finds a dagger, a heart, a hat and a phone. Poop officially hits the fan. Bonus: "The Boy will be your Undoing" prophesy finally comes to fruition.

Edited by kili
  • Love 4

After reading that interview, I think I need someone to talk me down. I'm not totally opposed to Hook still loving Emma sans heart (the heart is a muscle, emotions live in our brains), but Jane E. said something awhile back along the lines of 'Wait and see what I have for you in ep 9.' I Do Not Want their first time to be while KJo is under the Dark One's influence. Now if it were a celebration of getting his heart back where it belongs....well, I'm all for that, but that can't be it. Maybe it's his sacrifice? Only time will tell.

• Love 1

I think Rumple would hide Hook's heart in his safe of horrors (he seems to have something like that in all the realms), next to the dagger and the hat.  I was talking with my friend this morning while we were out at the gym and she said something that made me wish she'd fall while on the treadmill.  She said what if Belle finds his heart and takes it and in her haste to get to Emma trips because of her heels, drops the heart and crushes it when she falls down?   I hate her and now I can't get that image out of my head.

I Do Not Want their first time to be while KJo is under the Dark One's influence.

Doubt this will be happening considering the town will eat itself alive if they don't figure out a solution to the Shattered Sight spell. 

I am relieved to be sure that Emma helps him with his heart situation. I

So they are gonna be girlfriend (boyfriend) soon, that sound promising! Thank Colin.

I really hope Ursula will know something about Hook or knew his father (David Jones)

The swan queen is nothing new ,i guess they felt obliged to add it.

But, when an episode where Emma and Snow really deal with their many issues. That will interest me !

• Love 1

I'm fine with the whole heart thing. Regina had control of everyone's hearts in season 1, didn't she? And everyone was capable of feeling/loving, etc. back then. It was 3b that turned the heart stuff wackadoodle, when Regina could perform TLK.

Yay! Emma gets to rescue her boyfriend's heart!

I don't think Jane E. was specifically talking about CS, but that's my main area of interest. I still think of her writing Spuffy-ish stuff for BtVS (Intervention was one of my personal favs), and I can't believe she's not more involved with Hook and CS. The parallels are just too obvious, IMO. 

As for more OQ, I'll quote the Slayer herself: "a world of no."

• Love 2

So Hook is a "heartless hero"?  Is this something that's coming or just a title?

I'd guess it's just their title, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he does try to sacrifice himself in some way to sabotage Rumple's plan... only to be saved by Emma at the last second. If he does something like that, it will trump the hand/dagger stuff, and they can probably avoid having to really deal with Emma being pissed over his deception. 

• Love 2

I might be in the minority, but I never expected there to be a blowout between Emma and Hook over the hand especially the way the two are paralleling each other.  I'd like them to have a conversation about trust because trust is a two way street at the end of the day.  He can't accuse her of not trusting him and then turn around and do the same thing.  I know that Rumple played on his insecurities and hit all the right notes with Hook over his past, the darkness and how Emma won't believe him or understand.  I know that the relationship is new and fragile, he didn't have enough fate in what they have.  I think that's where the conversation should be since she won't yell at him or break up with him because he was a complete idiot with the hand and the dagger.

• Love 4

I think the heart reveal could come from several sources.

Henry could see/hear something while working at Gold's shop.

Charming has always been a bit suspicious of Hook and may see him doing something for Rumple and follows him to see what's up.

Or Belle finds the heart or the cell phone and tells Emma.

As far as I know, we don't know where they came from yet, or what happens with the hat at the end of 4A. If Ursula does own the Storybrooke Savings and Loan that we've seen in recent pictures, then she was probably brought over with the second Dark Curse.

Hook and Rumple's search for magical beings could maybe uncover some folks who have been lying low since the second curse. Maybe instead of trying to put Blue in the hat, they strong-arm her into helping locate magic people.

Though I can't see why Rumple couldn't do the same spell. And I'm not sure why Cruella would be magical. Okay, maybe my theory sucks....

Blue looks like she's whipping up some sort of potion.  I'm thinking she'll need a lot of it.  I love Rumple getting his sort of ultimate revenge on her by sucking her into the hat or at least trying to.

I don't know if Cruella has magic, but in one of the stills, she seems to be doing something with her hand.  I don't know how much I want Cruella to be on the show.  I've been wanting a non magical villain for a long time, but since there's no balance on the show in that regard, then I'm very much meh about it.

Haven't A&E said that the Jolly Roger is returning? I think the pop-up book Will found is either predicting the future or documenting life in Storybrooke. I think it was a significant find and stupid Operation Mongoose Page XXIII distracted viewers and Will from it.

Yes!  I commented on this in the episode thread.  That book is shaped and bound almost exactly like the original Story Book.  And it was almost immediately after Will found it that the new Page 23 appeared. Whether or not the two events are connected, I definitely think that the book and it's pop-up tall ship could be either a second Story Book or something related to future story.   

• Love 1

I think it's practically guaranteed that Cruella has magic. Or else A&E wouldn't bother with her. One of the filming spoilers said Robert was filiming in a "NYC" set right and maybe he goes to fetch Cruella and/or Ursula? That to me says that the hat thing actually does work out for him. Why would he venture outside powerless and vulnerable? He wouldn't. Ingrid going in the hat is probably what powers it up.

I read a few months ago that the Lady Washington (the ship used as the Jolly Roger) was in dire need of repairs, and people were trying to rally fandom support to save it. I don't know what happened.

I don't know what that means for a potential return of the JR in the Show. Would they make do with built sets, and just film real location shoots in a different ship at angles where it will not be evident that it's a different one, or does it mean we'll never see the Jolly Roger again, I wonder. A five-minute scene might be all we get to show who traded the Magic Bean to Hook for the Ship.

I seem to recall a spoiler that there was a fortune teller or someone like that cast for an upcoming episode. Or am I losing my mind about that?

There's a fortune teller in 4x10, I believe. I totally forgot her name. I believe Ingrid visits her.

Edit: Looked it up. It's Rebecca Wisowsky as Madam Faustina.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I don't think they've used the actual ship since "The Crocodile." Otherwise, it's all been sets. There's usually some good insight into that on the DVD commentaries of Hook-centric episodes with Colin. He'll bring up which set is being used in which scene. So the availability of the ship doesn't tell us much. The real clue will be when the ship set that's on a barge shows up at the dock, but even there it could be a flashback, and I think in some cases they also CGI it.

If Cruella's around, I wonder if that gives Archie a role in that arc, since he's Pongo's owner. I think we need to see the Pongo-centric flashback. What's his life in the Enchanted Forest, or is he a creation of the curse? It doesn't seem like Jiminy has a pet in the Enchanted Forest (and now I'm picturing a special cricket saddle on the Dalmatian).

• Love 2

Thanks for the info, Shanna Marie. I didn't realize they used the Lady Washington so little. huh...

Btw, do we know what the flashback for 4.09 (The Fall) is going to be? IIRC, the rest of the Ingrid/young Emma flashbacks will be in 4.10 (old numbering). So, I'm guessing Ingrid meets the fortune-teller in the real world. And since Lily is supposed to show up again, I'm guessing her reappearance has something to do with why Ingrid wiped Emma's memories. A replay of what happened with Anna and Elsa, perhaps? Will Emma and Elsa ever regain their lost memories? It will be such a shame if they don't.

Also, what episode are Anna and Kristoff supposed to show up in Storybrooke?

Also, what episode are Anna and Kristoff supposed to show up in Storybrooke?

They appear in the episode directed by Mario van Peebles (he was in the pics of the beach) and, if IMDB is correct, that would be "The Fall". They are already there for the big happy reunion.

I know it must happen because of BTS shots, but it feels weird to me that Anna and Kristoff will be arriving in Storybrooke already next episode. Like they really haven't touched on the story of where Anna is since the Bo Peep thing, so however they discover she and Kristoff are trapped in a chest (and we're still no closer to knowing how or why), that must happen pretty quickly, and somehow fit in or coexist with all the shattered sight and yellow ribbon stuff. Anyway, I'm guessing some or most of the flashbacks will be related to Anna and Kristoff and how they got in that situation.

• Love 1

Hmmm... thanks. That does seem early. So, they'll be at the receiving end of the Shattered Sight Spell as well. Maybe Kristoff will show resentment that Anna is always putting her sister over him? And maybe Anna is immune because she's been through it already.

Do we know that the Shattered Sight spell is going to be broken in the next episode? In the promos, they talk about it hitting at sundown, and the last episode ended at night, so I'm assuming that's the next day. So the whole episode could be about trying to prevent the spell, with the spell hitting at the end of the episode. Then the following episode might be when the spell gets broken.

Do we know that the Shattered Sight spell is going to be broken in the next episode? In the promos, they talk about it hitting at sundown, and the last episode ended at night, so I'm assuming that's the next day. So the whole episode could be about trying to prevent the spell, with the spell hitting at the end of the episode. Then the following episode might be when the spell gets broken.

Since 1x10 is called "Shattered Sight", that seems to be most likely.

Rumsy4, where did you get the Lily spoiler?

Rumsy4, where did you get the Lily spoiler?

A&E mentioned it in the Lightning Round interview I think, but I can't look for the link right now.

I'm not totally sure, but I rememeber that, when they were shooting the scene with young Emma and the Snow Queen at the bus station, someone mentioned that the girl playing Lily was also there.

I read a few months ago that the Lady Washington (the ship used as the Jolly Roger) was in dire need of repairs, and people were trying to rally fandom support to save it. I don't know what happened.

A little bit of Googling turns up an Indiegogo campaign to purchase new batteries and protection against corrosion. 

I took another look at the boat in the book and it is a black-hulled brig with a yellow stripe, just like the Lady Washington. So it very well could be the Jolly Roger. I wasn't able to read the words, though.

• Love 3

I thought someone also said Lily was spotted outside an antiques shop where the fortune teller is. Maybe Lily is Cruella. I think the Shattered spell will just be a replay of the mermaid's thing in Neverland with the in-fighting, on a bigger scale.

Eddie said we would see Lily again here. But all the filming spoilers I can find from that episode just report DQ and young Emma. I vaguely recall a set photo taken when they weren't actually filming that had a dark haired girl that some speculated was Lily, but I can't find any reports from people who watched saying she was in the scene. Of course, it's really hard to search older stuff on Twitter and Tumblr, so that might just be my Google-fu failing me. Eddie's answer seemed pretty definitive, though, so I would say either she is part of the flashbacks or she grows up into someone significant.

Eddie's answer seemed pretty definitive, though, so I would say either [Lily] is part of the flashbacks or she grows up into someone significant.

Cruella de Vil. Lilith is the name of a mythological demon, and Cruella's last name is practically 'devil'. Plus, they both have black hair (well, half-black in Cruella's case, but the white is probably dye).

This would give her a personal connection to one of the main characters, which she'll need if she has no magic on the scale of Rumple or Ursula. Also it would connect her to our world, which is good because she'd seem out-of-place in the Enchanted Forest.

Edited by HeimrArnadalr
  • Love 1