Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Oh man between gangster Bo Peep and that wig, this might be the best episode ever. This has got to be their idea of light and humor right? I guess Disney isn't footing the bill for wigs.

• Love 4

He looks kinda... old. Much older than Hans from Frozen. And yeah, full of sleaze, kinda over the top, even. Hans isn't supposed to be a hammy, obviously evil kind of villain, more of a subtle one, but who knows, maybe his defeat has changed him?

Well, I think he's pulling it off. Definitely better than his 106 wig.

I'm not sure the wig itself is better than the 1x06 wig, per se, but the ultra long hair works much better for Josh Dallas' face than 1x06's middling length.

Though funnily enough, he definitely looks younger in 1x06.

Hans isn't supposed to be a hammy, obviously evil kind of villain, more of a subtle one, but who knows, maybe his defeat has changed him?

Well I guess he doesn't have to hide it anymore? 

I actually think he looks spot on (maybe a little too spot on?  that is some cartoon hair there).   It is a kind of sleezey evil that creeps up on you, instead of hitting you over the head.

God, Charming's wig is tragic. Not as bad as others, but atrocious.

I don't know what is happening to me, but seeing those pics with Elsa and Emma, I was all "Elsa, run away and don't interact with any of them, you are too cool for them".

• Love 1
When does long haired David take place in the timeline?

It is meant to be before he meets Snow, so it must be before he becomes the fake Prince James (since he is immediately sent out to fake slay (but really did slay) a dragon and is engaged to Abigail if not the next day, soon after and then he heads out to get robbed by Snow).

• Love 1
When does long haired David take place in the timeline?

It is meant to be before he meets Snow, so it must be before he becomes the fake Prince James (since he is immediately sent out to fake slay (but really did slay) a dragon and is engaged to Abigail if not the next day, soon after and then he heads out to get robbed by Snow).

Yes--long-haired David is the youngest David we've met yet. Though he can't be all that much younger than he is in 1x06/1x03, as it's still Josh Dallas playing him, they didn't cast a true teenager.

This week, they were running all around a parking lot behind the Rabbit Hole (following Elsa to the big boatyard fence and then back again being chased by the Marshmallow). In a few week's time, that parking lot is where the Sherrif's office will be located.

I'm sort of disappointed that the person from David's past is Anna's friend from the past.  She looks too bubbly and sweet to be some sword wielding would be badass whose teaching some guy how to sword fight or whatever...

Yeah when did Anna learn how to swordfight anyway? Oh well I'm willing to overlook plot points like that for the pure hilarity that's going to ensue with Bo Peep, shy hippie David and hopped up on speed Anna. I can't tell if Anna's really hyperactive or if it's just because I'm used to all the low energy, dour, desperate for zoloft characters walking around this humorless show, with the exception of Imp Rumple.

I wanted Will to be his buddy but I'm guessing what they're doing is letting Anna have the past storylines by going on a tour of all the Once characters and Elsa is getting the present with the Storybrooke version. I'm surprised because I thought it was going to be mainly Elsa on the show but it looks evenly split so far.

• Love 1

A bunch of answers from the cast and writers.

Some highlights:

Will there be a backstory on Robin?

"There absolutely will be, probably," said co-creator Edward Kitsis, "but it won't be in the first half of the season." Don't fret the wait, though. All signs point to Robin's past being high on the writers' list of priorities. "It's something we're excited to explore," added fellow co-creator Adam Horowitz.

(Yeah--that was mean of me... ;-p). So, we're not even going to get Robin's backstory until 4B? lol. I think this confirms how negligible he and Marian are to Regina's story-arc. I think it also confirms that 4B will be all about Regina (Maleficent and OQ).

Robin's answer about Marian.

"I'm sure you've had a first love, right? And you know how you feel about your first love will always be special and have a place in your heart? When you look back, you probably think, 'Well, I probably wouldn't be with that person now because the person I am now.' Robin's like that. He's grown and he's mourned the death of [Marian], which was hard. But he's moved on. And now he's in love with somebody new and dynamic and epic, but he's bound to his code of honor and decency and truthfulness. And he's stuck between love and a moral high ground and [that's] difficult ground. It's going to be a very tough season for Robin to figure out -- unless of course he turns bad. In which case his morals won't bother him at all."

I'm not sure you're supposed to reduce your wife to the label of "First Love". And what really happened to change him so much between Marian's "death" and now? Regina cast the Curse a couple of years after that, and he was frozen in time for 28 years. Then, two more years elapsed. That's it. "New Dynamic and Epic" my foot. He makes it sound like Marian is a stuck-up prude when compared to Regina.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 7

Rumsy, I loled so hard at what you bolded. I feel like that's Adam and Eddie in a nutshell!

The thing that drives me up the wall with Outlaw Queen, that they seem not to get, is that the problem isn't, really, that Robin isn't in love with Marian anymore. I get that he grieved her and moved on--and if anyone except Regina had killed Marian, despite how otherwise eyeroll-worthy I find Outlaw Queen, I'd be like "Dude, just divorce Marian and get with Regina." (Although it does make all of his protestations of "I would have gone to hell for her!" and "I wanted to die myself!" and "I loved her oh so much!" ring rather false, to put it lightly. Regina better take all his love declarations with a grain of salt.) The problem is that he has no qualms about dating the woman that murdered Marian! Seriously, has anyone asked them in an interview why Robin literally doesn't care at all that Regina murdered Marian in the old timeline? Have they been confronted with the real problem that bluntly? I feel like they keep focusing on the wrong "problem" here, so I'm curious as to whether people are flat-out asking them about it (and they're not really answering) or giving them a pass.

Also, if 4B is going to be Robin-heavy, I may have to take a pass on it despite my like of KBvS' Maleficent. I just so.don't.care about bland, charisma-less Robin and Outlaw Queen.

• Love 14

Also, if 4B is going to be Robin-heavy, I may have to take a pass on it despite my like of KBvS' Maleficent. I just so.don't.care about bland, charisma-less Robin and Outlaw Queen.

If that happens to me, it will be YouTube clips.  I just can't deal with Robin for one thing.  How would he feel if he knew his girlfriend of a day was plotting his wife's death?  But no wait!  Now she wants to tamper with the book so that she gets to have her happy ending.  So is forcing someone to write her happy ending not going to mess with the actual history of everyone?

And if she wanted to go back in time, why go back specifically to the day before Emma shows up in the Enchanted Forest instead of going back to the day she chickened out from meeting her fairy dust destined whatever before Robin met Marian or before he was married to her?

• Love 5

And if she wanted to go back in time, why go back specifically to the day before Emma shows up in the Enchanted Forest instead of going back to the day she chickened out from meeting her fairy dust destined whatever before Robin met Marian or before he was married to her?

Excellent point.  If she really has changed at all, that's where she would go, get her happy ending, and an extra bonus is that thousands of people wouldn't have been killed/suffered/uprooted.  Oh, wait, that was all worth it to get Henry.  Never mind.

• Love 4
If she really has changed at all, that's where she would go, get her happy ending, and an extra bonus is that thousands of people wouldn't have been killed/suffered/uprooted.  Oh, wait, that was all worth it to get Henry.

I think that's precisely it. At least she's not being a total hypocrite in this respect in criticizing Emma for changing the past. Her plan was only to reset what Emma changed, which would be putting things back to normal and changing nothing else for anyone else. Going back to talk to Robin instead of fleeing would have changed too much else. For one thing, she probably wouldn't be queen if she walked out on the king. For another, no curse means no Henry.

I'm not excited about Robin showing up enough in the future for them to bother with backstory because that character is pretty much dead to me now.

• Love 1

And if she wanted to go back in time, why go back specifically to the day before Emma shows up in the Enchanted Forest instead of going back to the day she chickened out from meeting her fairy dust destined whatever before Robin met Marian or before he was married to her?

Replying in Regina thread.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I'm sort of disappointed that the person from David's past is Anna's friend from the past.  She looks too bubbly and sweet to be some sword wielding would be badass whose teaching some guy how to sword fight or whatever...

Who says that sword is the choice of weapon in this fight against "brutal warlord" Bo Peep? ;)  Maybe we get more a Brave Little Shepard, defeating Bo Peep with wit and bubbly bravery?

Robin Weigert in OUaT. Nice treat. And as Bo Peep as a "brutal warlord". The mere thought just made my week.

I think everyone had figured it out already but some person who saw the 407 filming confirms the Snow Queen is Elsa's aunt. It was basically clear when they only casted one out of three sisters for 407, though.

In a tweet Pascale Hutton yesterday confirmed she plays Elsa's and Anna's mother, and kinda hinted that there might be more to come.

Colin (and possibly Robert and Emilie) filmed at the honeymoon house last night. I think this confirms that Hook is involved in the whatever-that-hat-is plot.

Possibly, but not necessarily. He might be forced to seek out Rumple and/or Belle for some reason related to Emma fleeing because of her magic getting out of control. Or maybe he's resolved to tell Belle the truth about the dagger switch.

I wonder if there's a troll mirror in that house that gets broken....

Edited by Souris

Emma never defines for Hook why she's holding back from him beyond Regina.  Hook even says its more than just Regina.  I can't help but wonder if this is what sets him off on his path of new clothes and whatever he's up to with Gold.  I could see Hook thinking that he's not worthy of Emma and trying to find ways to change that.  I wouldn't be surprised at all that Hook could find out about the fake dagger from Rumple and demand his hand back as payment so that Emma would see him as whole (not realizing of course, that Emma likes him just they way his is).  I don't know, it just seems like Hook took it really personally that Emma was holding back a bit when they had just made out the night before.

As for Regina fleeing town to her own refuge this smacks of Frozen and Elsa fleeing her town to hide out from everyone.  So what happens, someone always goes after them.  I'm guessing it could be Henry that goes after Regina because Emma will be busy freezing to death in Elsa's ice cave.  I just hope 4.11 isn't Emma sailing away alone from Storybrooke to go on some quest to help Regina, like we saw Anna leave the day before her wedding in the premiere to help Elsa. 

One more thing about the dagger---it's really just hanging out in Belle's purse?  What if her purse gets stolen?  Give her the combo to the safe he hides it in, but it just seems dumb that she carries it around like that.  Aaaand, the other one is pretty clunky in his jacket, how does she never notice that?

Edited by scenicbyway
  • Love 3

One more thing about the dagger---it's really just hanging out in Belle's purse?  What if her purse gets stolen?  Give her the combo to the safe he hides it in, but it just seems dumb that she carries it around like that.  Aaaand, the other one is pretty clunky in his jacket, how does she never notice that?

This.  Throughout the entire run of the show thus far, we have seen Rumpel (and Zoso before him) go to great lengths to prevent the dagger from being found, stolen and ultimately used against him.  Why suddenly - especially on the heels of Zelena holding him prisoner with the dagger - would Rumpel have no qualms about letting Belle carry it in her freaking purse?  

I suspect it is supposed to come across as a grand romantic gesture - a symbol of his love and trust for Belle - but it just comes across as incredibly stupid.  Belle, by virtue of the fact she is the ONE AND ONLY LIVING PERSON Rumpel loves in all of the world/realms/whatever, already has a huge target on her back as far as anyone wanting to get to Rumpel, punish Rumpel, wreak revenge on Rumpel, compel Rumpel (rhyme!).  Why in the world would he ever also give her the dagger?  

The only answer that makes sense is that the golden brain totem that Zelena used for her spell was not as symbolic as we all thought...  

• Love 5

Emma never defines for Hook why she's holding back from him beyond Regina. Hook even says its more than just Regina. I can't help but wonder if this is what sets him off on his path of new clothes and whatever he's up to with Gold. I could see Hook thinking that he's not worthy of Emma and trying to find ways to change that. I wouldn't be surprised at all that Hook could find out about the fake dagger from Rumple and demand his hand back as payment so that Emma would see him as whole (not realizing of course, that Emma likes him just they way his is). I don't know, it just seem like Hook took it really personally that Emma was holding back a bit when they had just made out the night before.

Don't we find out what her hang up is in episode 3, though? I guess it's possible Hook doesn't and the audience does, though the scene in front of Granny's seems like the culmination of a blow up, which I assume comes from him getting fed up with her, then her angrily revealing the problem, and him chasing after her to apologise. But that's all an assumption.

I've been assuming that the fight in 403 is about Hook doing something Emma doesn't like (possibly hanging out with Elsa/helping her with her quest - we see them in a scene together and he seems frustrated with her - and Emma told him not to because she thinks it's dangerous?) and it blowing up in his face. He does say "I'm sorry I didn't listen to you"

• Love 1

So I've been thinking, probably very far fetched, but thought I'd throw it out there.  So I'm thinking one of two things.  We're supposed to find out to whom Hook traded his ship and the other thing is we're supposed to find out more about his father.

What if the manor belongs to one or the other.  The hat might not necessarily belong to the owner of the manor, the person could be a trader in valuable objects and now Belle and Rumple seem to be squatting there. 

Just throwing it out there.

• Love 3

I wonder if they're thiking that explaining to us what Emma's hang up is and not Hook will keep the audience from getting too aggrevated with the situtaion, but still allow for on screen drama.  Or at least keep rooting for those crazy kids to work thigns out.

I ship CaptainSwan pretty majorly, but even I'm getting fed up with how uneven it is. 

Edited by NotBothered
  • Love 2

I think the reveal is to the audience, not the characters. They filmed that kiss 4x03 in front of a green screen right? I kind of remember something like that. And now that we know her kiddie magic hurt someone ala Elsa then it's a pretty good bet the green screen is to CGI some freaky magic in there. Or we'll see a conversation with her and Elsa since they're bonding by then.

I think A&E said the hat mystery is wrapped up in the 11 episode arc for Rumple so it probably ties into Frozen somehow. Maybe the Snow Queen or Hans.

Do we know her kiddie magic hurt someone? I thought that was still speculation? Or did I miss a spoiler?

I think JMO let it slip in one of the latest interviews, it was something like "they both [Emma and Elsa] have magic they can't control and have hurt someone as a result". It could be a reference to events still to come (Emma hurting someone with her magic in present day), but I took it to mean she hurt someone as a kid (like Elsa did).

Don't we find out what her hang up is in episode 3, though? I guess it's possible Hook doesn't and the audience does, though the scene in front of Granny's seems like the culmination of a blow up, which I assume comes from him getting fed up with her, then her angrily revealing the problem, and him chasing after her to apologise. But that's all an assumption.

I think we do find out in episode 3 or 4 but I think Hook probably does as well.  My point is that prior to that reveal Hook makes some fairly radical changes--his hand and changing the clothes he's worn for a hundred or so years.  By Emma not clarifying in that initial conversation, Hook thinks he's the problem and takes some drastic measures.  I think he realizes at some point that it's not his issues keeping them apart but that Emma has her own issues that prevent more from happening.

I guess I'm also not convinced that they really end up at odds.  We know the Knave shows up to interrupt the date, I'm sure it's a combo of interruptions and Emma trying to deal with her magic that set the tone for their bumps in 4a.  It's clear they want to be together, Emma just needs to realize they can be even in a crisis--Relationship 101.

Emma avoiding Hook because she realized her magic hurt someone in the past doesn't work with the way this episode played out. She was avoiding Hook at the beginning, but Hook had to remind her that she had magic later in the episode, so it seems to me that the avoidance issue now is something other than being afraid of hurting him by accident with magic.

• Love 1

I'm with the group on Tumblr who think that in the 4x03 make out (is that in 4x03?) she accidentally magics them both somewhere.  From the spoilers it sounds like she didn't realize that she magically injured someone in the past until the accidental magic crops up again.  I think she may only really understand what her issue is in 4x03.

And of course it does seem like something that happens at the date (4x04?) sets off some kind of spiral for both of them.  We're assuming that drunken, rage-blackout Hook is post date (who also may or may not try to chop off his own hand), and we also know that Emma's magic starts to seriously spiral out of control over the next couple episodes.

Emma avoiding Hook because she realized her magic hurt someone in the past doesn't work with the way this episode played out. She was avoiding Hook at the beginning, but Hook had to remind her that she had magic later in the episode, so it seems to me that the avoidance issue now is something other than being afraid of hurting him by accident with magic.

I agree. What exactly happened overnight that made her pull back, if it is nothing to do with Regina?

So regarding the Honeymoon house, I'm re-watching and I noticed one thing that seems predominant in the camera shots of Rumple and Belle and that was the miniature of a ship sitting there in the first room they walk into and then we see it again when they go into that library for their dance.  And the objects in that house, whoever it belongs to is a realm jumper.

ETA - I think whatever is going on with Emma isn't really all that complicated and has to do with her past relationships more than anything.  I mean David had to remind her that she had magic.  I think given the past 3 years, she has reason to be a bit freaked out at the perspective of a relationship or generally worried about it.

Graham dies in her arms.  Neal comes back in her life, leaves, she thinks he died, he comes back again, then really dies.  They had a relationship even if they were never going there again, I mean seeing someone die in your arms (second time) is just too much.  Then you have the flying monkey.  Then Zelena has Rumple try to drown Hook where Emma is worried that he might be gone.  Hook is all about how he'll never leave her and he goes as far as to make the ultimate sacrifice that basically proves his point that he'll find her and not leave her, he follows her through a time portal.

If this were me, I'm not even sure I would have been able to sleep at all after all of that.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

So regarding the Honeymoon house, I'm re-watching and I noticed one thing that seems predominant in the camera shots of Rumple and Belle and that was the miniature of a ship sitting there in the first room they walk into and then we see it again when they go into that library for their dance.  And the objects in that house, whoever it belongs to is a realm jumper.

I thought it might actually be Disney's house.  But who knows.