Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I'd love to see Mulan again, but there are so blessed many new characters already in 4A, I have trouble seeing how they could fit her in, apart from a throwaway moment like Aurora had in the finale. Now, 4B, I could see it happening more. But she'll probably have another job by then.

Not if they offer her x amount of episodes for 4B now. I mean, I'm sure the Maleficent actress could have had another job too if she so chose, but the show knew they'd want to use her in 4B so they locked her down. How difficult would it be to do the same for Jamie?

I actually thought the worst thing about how they handled SW was about how it was totally not ever mentioned again after 303. I think that's the thing people were complaining about... the lack of follow through. It was like "there's, here's your queer character, now stop whining". So having Mulan again would start to fix some of it, IMO.

I think that's the thing people were complaining about... the lack of follow through. It was like "there's, here's your queer character, now stop whining"

Well, and then it was just came out of nowhere. In S2 where Mulan and Aurora both loved Phillip, then in one scene they make SW canon in 3x03. It felt very much like it was just thrown in just to appease a certain crowd. Maybe there was some subtext I missed, but it seemed to be just a sudden thing to me.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I think there definitely was subtext in 2A with Mulan and Aurora (the scene where Mulan puts Aurora's heart back in? YEAH), but part of it too was just that Chung and Bolger had the right chemistry.

However, I agree the writers totally bungled them in 3x03. Given that the writers weren't going to give Sleeping Warrior a go once Philip got back, it very much seemed to me to be an "appease the fans" move. One that totally backfired. I was kinda pulling for Sleeping Warrior, not hardcore but just kind of in general, and even I thought it was pretty poorly handled and came off as rather, if not insulting, patronizing to the fans, regardless of what the writers' intentions were. (Which was compounded by the fact that they didn't have the balls to actually spell it out, so that to this day there's a subsection of fans who deny it.)

Edited by stealinghome

The subtext was undeniable. I mean, their first meeting was word-for-word Snowing's first meeting. I do believe they didn't think about actualy doing anything with it until the demand (not specifically for SW, but for a queer couple) became so strong they couldn't justify putting it off anymore. But they did plant the seeds, and I've never been one of those people who believed "oh, you didn't plan xyz since the pilot? Too bad, you can't change your mind now." Television writing does evolve and a good writer goes where the characters take him.

I kinda think it's too late now for SW, too. Which is why I've been hoping for gender-bent Shang. How long has it been since the aborted love confession? Did Mulan have time to meet someone else and develop a relationship?

Edited by Serena
  • Love 1

The real problem with a Mulan comeback is the fact that they already have more than enough regular.

The fandom is divided into many  factions. RUmbellers always wants more Belle and for once it seems they will have some good episode. But Evil Regal are worryINg that Regina main arc will just be about the triangle.  Emma fans really hope that she will be the one who save the day for once and hook fans wants something else beside captainswan.

The reality is even with better writer each half plot can incorporate just 2 or tree main cast in the big bad  plot in an organic way.

So with Adam and Eddy is just too much to ask for. We cannot forget that they already are juggling with Robin in the knave to incorporate with the regular cast.  The new big bad will always take screentime and others will have to share the rest. Its the way of this show and every one will complain at time.

OQ are not happy with the faCT that Socha is already a regular and not Sean.

The real problem with a Mulan comeback is the fact that they already have more than enough regular.

The fandom is divided into many  factions. RUmbellers always wants more Belle and for once it seems they will have some good episode. But Evil Regal are worryINg that Regina main arc will just be about the triangle.  Emma fans really hope that she will be the one who save the day for once and hook fans wants something else beside captainswan.

The reality is even with better writer each half plot can incorporate just 2 or tree main cast in the big bad  plot in an organic way.

So with Adam and Eddy is just too much to ask for. We cannot forget that they already are juggling with Robin in the knave to incorporate with the regular cast.  The new big bad will always take screentime and others will have to share the rest. Its the way of this show and every one will complain at time.

OQ are not happy with the faCT that Socha is already a regular and not Sean.

I'm not happy with that either. The Knave has zero connections on this show aside from Robin whereas Robin's role is much more important. He plays the LI of a main character, just like Belle and like Hook. He's the leader of the merry men and the father of the "serial killer" :p

Marian is a detour as they said in the interview, it's just gonna stall OQ. Will has zero connections.

He already has his happy ending, we know what happens in his story, it's stupid. He has no business on OUAT, his story is wrapped up. 

You honestly think people want to hear that Anastasia was killed off? That would be suicide, mainly because that's his established true love. He doesn't even have his own fanbase because more than likely everybody that watched OUATIW watches OUAT.

He literally has no business on the main show, but he's on the main show so it's whatever. I just hope Sean gets his due because if anyone deserves to be regular it's him. He plays a very important role.

Edited by Hookian

You honestly think people want to hear that Anastasia was killed off? That would be suicide, mainly because that's his established true love.

No at all , I have zero interest in what gimmick they forced fed us to incorporate the knave in the current story Frozen or else.  I do believe that Sean should be a regular because of his importance with O.Q

But your reaction is why i said that this fandom is defensive for some character and not others. 

they should focus on the  beloved main cast and the dynamic they have now !  Forget for at least for 4b to add others characters  not directly involve in the big bag more if there two big bag like I believe.  No way they already habve gave up their twist for 4b it will be something more than Maleficient.

While I agree that we don't really need the Knave, is it possible they signed Socha as a regular over Maguire simply because they feared he would get snapped up by another show if they kept him as recurring, whereas they were more sure of Maguire's availability?

Edited by stealinghome

The Frozen special just ended. All I saw was a new promo with very, very little new footage. It was mostly footage of the S3 finale. I missed the first few minutes of the show, but I didn't see any exclusive sneak peek clips. Nothing against Big Hero 6, but I'm sure everyone watching would have been much more interested in a clip from Frozen/OUAT. Extremely disappointed.

We saw very brief shots of Kristoff and Sven, and a shot of Rumpbelle's honeymoon, I believe. Here's the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOfVAovbC34

(I can't believe I just watched Disney glorify themselves for an hour without seeing anything new to speculate about!)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

they should focus on the  beloved main cast and the dynamic they have now

I might be the only one but I'm tired of the dynamic between most of the main cast by now. It's the same thing over and over for the past 2 seasons and they're not even interesting to begin with.

I rather see Rumple with Elsa and EM's character than mooning over Belle. Hell I'm even excited to see him with annoying Henry cause that's new. I'm way more excited to see Emma with her new friend Elsa and the buddy cop trio of Emma, Will and Charming or whatever the hell they're doing breaking into ice cream shops than Emma with Snow or Emma getting thrown under a plane and run over for Woegina. Hook with Will should be fun as hell, at least for a little bit. They need new blood and I'm happy that it's Will, Elsa and EM's character.

While I agree that we don't really need the Knave, is it possible they signed Socha as a regular over Maguire simply because they feared he would get snapped up by another show if they kept him as recurring, whereas they were more sure of Maguire's availability?

I thought that but really it doesn't say too much about their opinion on Maguire does it? It also might be a budget thing and they're limited to how many people can be on contract. Anyhow Woegina doesn't need a live person to interact with. She can just as easily cry and whine over a cardboard or CGI image of Hood. Let's be real, that's the whole point of Hood and they basically said as much. Whatever story they need Will for, requires an active actor.

So they really did change the entire Snow Queen story to fit "Let It Go"? Wow.

Yeah I had read that before. It was smart of them considering I think "Let It Go" is what made Frozen into such a big hit. At least they went back and recognized that they had to change Elsa and the story and not make her evil for that song to work the way they wanted it to. If that had been A&E, Elsa would've been left unchanged and we would've gotten "Anna is evil and victimized poor poor Elsa."

Edited by Jean
  • Love 3

I'm way more excited to see Emma with her new friend Elsa and the buddy cop trio of Emma, Will and Charming or whatever the hell they're doing breaking into ice cream shops than Emma with Snow or Emma getting thrown under a plane and run over for Woegina. Hook with Will should be fun as hell, at least for a little bit. They need new blood and I'm happy that it's Will, Elsa and EM's character.

The problem is the only new character who will remain will be Will not the others . All relation between  the main cast  and Elsa  or the Snow Queen probably will be superficial and for plot reason.

But I'm looking for Emma Elsa frienship while it last. I really looking for the cop trio ( Emma, Will,Charming)  because for me, it is fresh actually.

Nothing against the knave personnally but he will take screentime away from others but it will be the same problem with any new character

• Love 1

Dare I hope that a potential Snow as Mayor storyline means more than a week or two will pass in 4A? I mean the woman just had a baby two days ago. Isn't suddenly deciding to be a full time mayor a little much? Also, someone upthread mentioned there not being a town council, but I'm pretty sure Regina was on her way to a council meeting (or used it as an excuse for Henry) after one of her trysts with Graham.

Here is a cleaner,  higher-quality version of that latest promo:

Emma - This isn't over

Hook - It never is.

Love the Rumbelle dance scene. I guess she changed dresses after the wedding?

BTW, remember when Belle and Rumple were reported to be filming a Cecil Green Park out at UBC during the filming for episode 4x01? That must have been the scene the were filming. That's the Langara room inside the house (they've taken up the carpet).

Edited by kili

Here is a cleaner,  higher-quality version of that latest promo:

That scene with Rumpbelle... they're totally mimicking the Beauty and the Beast dancing scene. Rumple and Belle are even wearing the same colors! I'm guessing the ballroom is in Rumple's house. Definitely looks like the calm before the storm, eh?

Is that shot of Rumple in his cell new? 

They're being really spoiler-tight with the Frozen stuff. They must think their twists are going to be "breath-taking".

I might be the only one but I'm tired of the dynamic between most of the main cast by now. It's the same thing over and over for the past 2 seasons and they're not even interesting to begin with.

They can stick with the core cast if they give them new material to work with and areas to explore. The cast usually gets the same arcs over and over again, like Emma struggling with accepting Storybrooke, the Regina/Snow saga, Snowing parenting, relationships, etc. If they paired off the characters in unusual ways, we could see whole new sides to them. But since we always retread the same ground, it gets tediously boring. What the characters need is their limits pushed to new territories.

As far as adding new blood goes, I'm game, but only if they actually stay. With Frozen, they plan to throw all of them away as soon as their arc is over. They don't really matter in the long run. If Elsa were to say, stay on the cast (which she's not), then I'd be more interested in her. The Knave might be interesting if he adds a new dimension to the show. We shall see.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

That last shot of the Once logo looks like a Christmas promo, heh.

I'm torn on this. On the one hand, the show's core relationships should be super interesting, always evolving, and never, ever stale/boring. On the other, it's clear at this point that the show is never going to delve into those relationships in the way they deserve, and has paced their evolution horribly to boot. And as I have less than no interest in seeing everyone bowing down and lighting candles at the Blessed Lady Woegina's altar...I have to confess that some amount of fresh blood is not necessarily a bad thing as long as the characters are handled properly and the actors can actually act. (Two things that, with this show, tend to be big question marks--to be fair, the former much moreso than the latter.)

• Love 3

See I don't mind that Elsa and co. are temporary. I hope they are in fact. These writers have proven that the longer they have a toy, the only direction they can go with it, is down. See Cora, Snow etc. And nothing matters in this show in the long run. You only have to look at the main characters for that.

If Elsa were long term I have no doubt they would manufacture some cheap drama and the next thing you know, Emma and Elsa will be fighting each other over crushed vs cubed ice and their friendship will be ruined.

Also Frozen and property is probably not all under A&E's control. Disney would need to let them have them long term and I don't see that. It gives them less control over story. I'm willing to bet Disney would rather have Frozen as its own show rather than let Elsa be supporting on some other show.

• Love 1

the show's core relationships should be super interesting, always evolving, and never, ever stale/boring. On the other, it's clear at this point that the show is never going to delve into those relationships in the way they deserve, and has paced their evolution horribly to boot.

It is the biggest problem it should be a way to focus on the minimal trouble Relationship  into the main arc of the half but usually they do not even try (Emma evolution is relagated at the final) and when they try its something out of blue and superficial to add drama like all the wicked versus Evil more a cacthphrase than anything substancial.  

But the potential to explore some gray story are already there among the core cast and it will please most of the fans.  They created a real fascinante world to delve into it, but clearly it is not their priority anymore. 

The new toys at this point is just a way to amuse the gallery, it makes the show look like a cartoon .

But I do think they kept the main arc a mystery for 4a we really just knows glimpse of what'sreally going on.

So I'm really curious about how Frozen is incorporate and the fact that Emma seems to have a big part in the story, it is about bloody time.

With regards to the Knave...we have no idea what the story is going to be that gets him there, and honestly? I don't really care.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I love the Knave.  I love Michael Socha. He is absolutely the only reason I watched OUATiW. I honestly don't care if they retcon 100% of OUATiW if it means we get him, because honestly? No one watched that show.  If only about 1/2 of us watched it, and since we care more than most, I don't think many people will care.

Also, the timeline on OUATiW was so confusing in regards to how it fit into the OUAT timeline, I think it's possible that the Knave hasn't gone back yet for his adventure with Alice meaning they won't have to undo his happy ending.  

Thank god we're less than a month out from new episodes.  If they don't have another Stevenson shoot soon I think we're going to go crazy spinning our wheels. 

Edited by NotBothered
  • Love 2

Well, at least I can still hope some show decides to swoop in and grab Maguire so Ican, at least, can have a few eps blessedly free of Outlaw Queen. 

Re: Will - at least I know for sure his actor's way more fun than Robin's. Also, the character seemed to have a lot more spark in those few episodes of Wonderland I've seen. Although the previous Robin was all right, too, until they recast and made him Regina's love interest.

• Love 3
I seem to be in the minority here, butI love the Knave. I love Michael Socha. He is absolutely the only reason I watched OUATiW. I honestly don't care if they retcon 100% of OUATiW if it means we get him, because honestly? No one watched that show. If only about 1/2 of us watched it, and since we care more than most, I don't think many people will care.

I mean, it is a minority because very few of us actually watched the Wonderland spinoff. But I think if anyone has seen OUATiW, they know how great of a character the Knave is and what he can bring to the mother show, so I'm excited for him. God knows this show needs a more comedic character (besides Hook) to make it seem like they don't take themselves so seriously. Yes, this show is already drowning itself in main characters, but if more Will = less screen time for characters I don't really care about (*coughBellecoughHenrycough*), then that's awesome. But if he or the Frozen characters really detract from the core 6 (Emma, Snow, Charming, Hook, Rumple, Regina), then I'll be a little more annoyed. 

• Love 3

I mean, it is a minority because very few of us actually watched the Wonderland spinoff. But I think if anyone has seen OUATiW, they know how great of a character the Knave is and what he can bring to the mother show, so I'm excited for him. God knows this show needs a more comedic character (besides Hook) to make it seem like they don't take themselves so seriously.

Absolutely.  I can see why they signed him on as a regular.  If all he does is repeat his Wonderland persona and act as Emma's sidekick, he will bring a much needed spark to this show.  He has a ton of magnetism (everybody may not be as pulled in of course) and has a natural comedic touch.  I could see him delivering some verbal smackdowns to Regina, which is also sadly lacking. 

• Love 1

Why did they give Belle a new yellow ballgown? It looks terrible. Her usual gold one was so pretty, they should have reused that.

Apparently it's evocative of the Beauty and the Beast movie. What I find funny is that they appear to be all dressed up seeimgly for their Wedding Reception, but seem to be alone. Typical Rumbelle. ;-)

Seems unlikely, seeing as Ginnifer Goodwin will probably have a reduced role in the season due to her being a new mother, plus, all spoilers and set sightnings seem to point towards Rumple, Emma and Hook being more involved with the Frozen characters.

Personally, I think it may be mentioned, but only as a background detail.

I only started reading this thread recently, but has anyone posted the speculation that the Frozen storyline on OUAT might be tied to how Snow White got her name?

Yeah, I think we've touched on the idea of either Elsa or the Snow Queen (probably the latter) being responsible for the harsh winter in which Snow was born. It's likely.

Really surprised to see them going all exact-replica on the Beauty and the Beast costumes. They tend to be more...interpretive than that.

Since Hook seems to be coming into a leading role, I wonder if we'll see some more of his backstory this season. He was practically an orphan (aren't they always?) before joining the Royal Navy of Whateverland. He knew Maleficent by name when he faced her -- maybe his kingdom is akin to Aurora and Phillip's?

Yeah, I think we've touched on the idea of either Elsa or the Snow Queen (probably the latter) being responsible for the harsh winter in which Snow was born. It's likely.

I was thinking more along the lines of their parents knowing each other and Snow's parents being let in on Elsa's secret.  Or maybe Elsa, Anna and Snow played together as children, and Snow is a nickname, not her real name, given to her after some incident involving Elsa.

Edited by tv echo

I was thinking more along the lines of their parents knowing each other and Snow's parents being let in on Anna's secret.  Or maybe Anna, Elsa and Snow played together as children, and Snow is a nickname, not her real name, given to her after some incident involving Anna.

I feel like how Snow got her name is pretty well established both in the source material and in the show.  Not only the harsh winter Snow was born during, but the constant reference to snow drops.

And I agree that with Ginnifer essentially on maternity leave, she's unlikely to be the surprise connection.  I still have my fingers crossed for something with Hook.

• Love 2

Absolutely.  I can see why they signed him on as a regular.  If all he does is repeat his Wonderland persona and act as Emma's sidekick, he will bring a much needed spark to this show.  He has a ton of magnetism (everybody may not be as pulled in of course) and has a natural comedic touch.  I could see him delivering some verbal smackdowns to Regina, which is also sadly lacking. 

Emma already has a sidekick and partner, Hook. That role is filled already, just like the leather wearing, sass master, hero. Hook has both of these roles and Emma doesn't need two partners, no thanks.

Even during Wonderland I was saying Knave is a Carbon copy of Neal and Hook.

I think the reason they signed him as a regular is because it was in his Wonderland contract. Not to mention Socha is branched from UK, that's where he works, so they had to sign him in a contract or he would have left to UK. That's where he's located at.

Meanwhile Sean is branched in LA so it's much easier and cheaper to keep him on as a recurring guest star and fly him up from LA over flying Socha from the UK.

Edited by Hookian

I could see him delivering some verbal smackdowns to Regina, which is also sadly lacking.

You want Will dead in a couple of episodes? Or turned into a puppy for her? Cause that's what's bound to happen if he victimizes her. I don't want Will anywhere near that black hole of massive suck. She's like a succubus of personality so I can't entirely blame Sean Maguire or Hood.  Who can do anything with the dreck they give him? He's not a real character. He's a prop for Woegina just like most things on the show are. Just look at Snow. Not even Ginny can make Snow palatable as Woegina's biggest ass kisser and I think she's their 2nd best actor after Carlyle.

As for the Frozen/Storybrook connection I thought they said it was EM's character that was the bridge? At first I thought Hook might've been it but that's only based on how he seems to be filming with Elsa a lot.

• Love 2

Emma already has a sidekick and partner, Hook. That role is filled already, just like the leather wearing, sass master, hero. Hook has both of these roles and Emma doesn't need two partners, no thanks.

Hook is not Emma's sidekick, he's her boyfriend. Emma needs friends outside of her family and her lover. Since Elsa is gonna be gone after 4A, I'm all for Will being it. 

• Love 5

Even during Wonderland I was saying Knave is a Carbon copy of Neal and Hook.

A carbon copy would be boring and unnecessary, but I don't think that's what Will is.  He was a true (and platonic) friend to Alice.  Emma needs a true friend, and Neal wasn't one and Hook isn't just a friend/sidekick, he is a romantic partner.  I think it's clear we disagree about his potential, so we'll just have to see how it plays out. 

Edit:  Agree with you, Serena, cross posted, sorry.

Edited by ShadowFacts
  • Love 3
Emma needs friends outside of her family and her lover.

Not on this show. You get a lover OR a friend OR a family member. One per customer. And since nobody talks about much beyond the plotplotplot du arc, it really comes down to a question of which member of the cast gets to be the person the main character exposits to in any given scene.

Remember, this is a show that often talks about how "x and y are going to form a relationship" and it ends up being x and y in three or four scenes together over the course of a season. 

A carbon copy would be boring and unnecessary, but I don't think that's what Will is.  He was a true (and platonic) friend to Alice.  Emma needs a true friend, and Neal wasn't one and Hook isn't just a friend/sidekick, he is a romantic partner.  I think it's clear we disagree about his potential, so we'll just have to see how it plays out. 

Edit:  Agree with you, Serena, cross posted, sorry.

...So like Will. Will is unnecessary. He has no connections at all aside from RH. He has sass and wears leather jackets which is HOOK'S thing. He already has a true love and we already know his happy ending.

Sorry but it sounds like his story is done.

Hook is not Emma's sidekick, he's her boyfriend. Emma needs friends outside of her family and her lover. Since Elsa is gonna be gone after 4A, I'm all for Will being it.

Well the last time I checked your romantic partner is also your friend(best one at that), your confidante. Your partner in crime. Hook is Emma's friend just as much as he is her LI. He's not just relegated to boyfriend.

Not on this show. You get a lover OR a friend OR a family member. One per customer. And since nobody talks about much beyond the plotplotplot du arc, it really comes down to a question of which member of the cast gets to be the person the main character exposits to in any given scene.

Remember, this is a show that often talks about how "x and y are going to form a relationship" and it ends up being x and y in three or four scenes together over the course of a season.

Precisely especially on this show. A series regular is usually paired up with another series regular. The only exception being Henry.

So Regina and Emma both have established LI's, Robin and Hook respectively. If you don't like it tough luck, those are their romantic stories.

Knave has nobody in this cast, his true love is Anastasia. We know he got his happily ever after and he became the white king. I don't care to know about what happened to him before he reunited with Ana. 

If they use this time to have him be in a triangle with either CS or OQ that you can probably rest assured he will be hated amongst the fandom. Will doesn't even have a fanbase. His fanbase is non-existant. His show branced from OUAT so pretty much the very small number of people whom viewed OUATIW already watch OUAT. 

If you place him as a potential LI for Emma or Regina when you already have two very established pairings for both characters, you can rest assured the fandom will eat him alive.

Edited by Hookian

Will doesn't even have a fanbase. His fanbase is non-existant.

Hey, now. There are dozens of us. Dozens! ;)

I'm actually hoping Will stays in Storybrooke for the long haul because I'd love to get Ana over from the Wonderland series, too. With Belle being a naive wife to the Dark One and Snow becoming less important, I really want this show to add some better female characters. I have a feeling I might really like their version of Elsa, but of course she's just the shiny new toy who won't get to stick around after 4A.

• Love 3

Hey, now. There are dozens of us. Dozens! ;)

Nothing compared to the fandoms for Hook and Hood and definitely not even close to the fandoms for CS and OQ.

I'm actually hoping Will stays in Storybrooke for the long haul because I'd love to get Ana over from the Wonderland series, too. With Belle being a naive wife to the Dark One and Snow becoming less important, I really want this show to add some better female characters. I have a feeling I might really like their version of Elsa, but of course she's just the shiny new toy who won't get to stick around after 4A.

He obviously doesn't because his HEA with Ana is him as the White King of Wonderland. If this takes place during the time that Ana is missing or "dead" then this likely means Knave is not gonna stay on the show permenently(thank God).

Edited by Hookian
I'm actually hoping Will stays in Storybrooke for the long haul because I'd love to get Ana over from the Wonderland series, too.

I'd love to see her reconcile with Cinderella/Ashley, since Ana actually turned herself around and got over herself. Cinderella and her formerly wicked stepsister working things out would be lovely to see.

Did we actually see the stepmother in Storybrooke? She was still pretty nasty when Will and Ana left for Wonderland, so I don't think she was turned around yet. I think they alluded to Ashley living with her stepmother and stepsisters, but at that point I doubt Ana was a gleam in their eyes yet.

Nothing compared to the fandoms for Hook and Hood.

I think my Arrested Development joke fell flat...

He obviously doesn't because his HEA with Ana is him as the White King of Wonderland. If this takes place during the time that Ana is missing or "dead" then this likely means Knave is not gonna stay on the show permenently(thank God).

It's true that Will and Ana get their happily ever after in Wonderland as the White King and White Queen, but there's a large time gap between the current storyline (approximately Alice and Cyrus's wedding?) and when Alice reads the book to her daughter at the end of the Wonderland series for the writers to play around with. Since Alice's daughter looks to be about 6 or 7 years old, we can assume that a lot can happen timeline-wise between now and 6 years from now. It would be kind of neat if the writers were able to tie in the two shows somehow by having Will and Ana move over to Storybrooke temporarily before they become the White King and Queen. Alice never mentioned when they became king and queen, just that they were the king and queen by the time she was reading the book to her daughter. So, it logistically could work out in the show's timeline that Will and Ana don't become king and queen right away and spend some time in Storybrooke. But I doubt the writers will go there.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

It's true that Will and Ana get their happily ever after in Wonderland as the White King and White Queen, but there's a large time gap between the current storyline (approximately Alice and Cyrus's wedding?) and when Alice reads the book to her daughter at the end of the Wonderland series for the writers to play around with. Since Alice's daughter looks to be about 6 or 7 years old, we can assume that a lot can happen timeline-wise between now and 6 years from now. It would be kind of neat if the writers were able to tie in the two shows somehow by having Will and Ana move over to Storybrooke temporarily before they become the White King and Queen. Alice never mentioned when they became king and queen, just that they were the king and queen by the time she was reading the book to her daughter. So, it logistically could work out in the show's timeline that Will and Ana don't become king and queen right away and spend some time in Storybrooke. But I doubt the writers will go there.

Well here's hoping that by the end of the season Will gets a clue on where Ana is or that she isn't dead and he skedaddles away. I highly doubt Will would stay in SB knowing Ana is alive or where she is. 

It could be that the Knave and Ana did become the White Queen and King right after Alice and Cyrus's wedding, but later move to Storybrooke without telling them, or they just move temporarily. Alice did just get the information out of a book, so the events could happen after the book's story chronologically. 

Edited by KingOfHearts

Now you know how Tobias feels ;)

I'm on the side that wishes they'd concentrate on the characters they already have.  Will should be a supporting character, so I'm hoping they don't give him the kitchen and all the appliances.

• Love 1

I'm on the side that wishes they'd concentrate on the characters they already have.  Will should be a supporting character, so I'm hoping they don't give him the kitchen and all the appliances.

Considering Will isn't going to be the villain du jour and eat up several episodes of backstory only to be killed off by the end of the season, I think we'll be safe.

Unless that's the shocking twist this season...

• Love 1

It's also possible that Will is in Storybrooke for a very specific reason (ie tracking a fugitive, etc). It really is wide open at this point.

Well the last time I checked your romantic partner is also your friend(best one at that), your confidante. Your partner in crime.

Sure, but there's a difference between a best friend and romantic partner/best friend. You get different types of support from a platonic best friend versus a romantic partner; you can say things to a platonic best friend that you can't say to your romantic partner, and vice versa. You're looking from different things from those people. Most people want/need both types of relationships in their life; there's a reason we attach "boy-" or "girl-" to the beginning of "friend" when we become romantically involved with someone. It fundamentally changes the relationship.

And honestly, one of the show's big problems is that post-2A, it has pretty much dropped the idea of "friends." People talk either because they're romantically involved or have horribly complicated family relationships. So I would actually love if the Knave coming in, and hopefully Red/Meghan Ory being around more, heralds the show's return in some measure to having platonic friendships. Goodness knows just about every single character on screen could use a normal friend with whom they're not romantically involved/related. I think these people would be 50% psychologically and emotionally healthier if they had more friends!

• Love 7

...So like Will. Will is unnecessary. He has no connections at all aside from RH. He has sass and wears leather jackets which is HOOK'S thing. He already has a true love and we already know his happy ending.

When Hook came onto the show, he had no connections at all outside of Rumple. He made some. And if the writers do their job right, Will will be more than sass and leather jackets... I'd like to think Hook is more than that.

Well the last time I checked your romantic partner is also your friend(best one at that), your confidante. Your partner in crime. Hook is Emma's friend just as much as he is her LI. He's not just relegated to boyfriend.

Okay, but you also need friends outside your romantic relationships. Nobody is saying you shouldn't be friends with your significant other, but it's healthy to have other ones.

• Love 5

Snow and Red was one of my favorite relationships in S1 and I liked Charming and Red too. Such a waste. Also with Red around we got more Granny too. If Will wasn't already with Ana whom I did like, he'd be great with Red.

Isn't Will supposed to be Charming's bff from childhood? That's an automatic connection right there. He also knew Maleficent so that's something that can carry over in 4B. He was also kicked out of the Merry Men gang so he is connected to the cardboard but I like to ignore that connection. I don't think Will is going to be Emma's friend. JMo would've mentioned it along with Elsa. Since he's Charming's buddy, he can be her "uncle." I'm also willing to bet he's got a connection to the Snow Queen and the reason he's in Storybrook in the first place is to rescue Ana for some reason.

• Love 1

I was struck during the Frozen special when they were talking about how the song "Let it Go" came about and what they were trying to say by just how much it made me think of Emma (and some of the concept sketches even looked kind of like her). They were talking about that thrill of finally getting to explore her powers and use them after all those years of hiding and holding back, and I realized that we haven't yet seen that from Emma. She hasn't actually been hiding her powers since she only learned relatively recently that she even had powers, but I do wonder if the thing in her past they're hinting at was something to do with that, where she did something where she knew or felt it was her fault even if she didn't realize it was magic, and that's been holding her back since then and is part of her current block -- why she didn't think twice about losing her powers with Hook and then was resistant to the idea of having them back. Aside from that playful scene in the diner when she was trying to use her magic to cheer up a grumpy Hook, she hasn't come close to her "Let it Go" moment of joyously going all-out to see what she can do.

So maybe that will be the bond between Emma and Elsa. Elsa's been through that and might be able to help Emma really discover and explore her powers and get over any guilt for any harm she might have unintentionally done.

That, or we'll learn that Elsa as a child accidentally froze something and Regina slipped on it, which makes Elsa a villain and Regina her victim.

• Love 5