Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

BLUE FAIRY: Who stole the cookie out of the cookie jar!!!!

And... I burst out laughing. TS,TW. Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. "Someone stole three of my tarts!!!!"

Edited by KingOfHearts

Between that article and the promo, it looks like they're ripping off the Buffy musical in the rationale for the singing. In the Buffy musical, it turned out that Xander had cast the spell because everyone was so tense and unhappy, and he thought that singing was good and happy and would help. That sounds like what Snow seems to have done in the past that's apparently going to come back to happen again in the present -- everyone's unhappy and needs hope, so music!

But somehow I doubt it will end up having the psychological depth of the Buffy musical episode, in which the whole point was that people were tense because they had secrets, and people tend to tell the truth in song, so when they were stuck living in a musical, all those painful truths came out. I don't see that happening here because it doesn't really fit what's happening. Earlier in the season would have been the time for truths. And besides, if half the songs are happening in the past, it doesn't reveal anything that matters now or advance the plot.

• Love 3

So I'm guessing it was during the writing of this episode they were told what there budget would be for next year and they'd be losing key cast members?  How else do you go from "postponing" the wedding last episode to the wedding is "tomorrow" in this episode?  It's all so fishy.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

So I'm guessing it was during the writing of this episode they were told what there budget would be for next year and they'd be losing key cast members?  How else do you go from "postponing" the wedding last episode to the wedding is "tomorrow" in this episode?  It's all so fishy.

That was my initial thought, but they've been planning this musical wedding episode for a long time. If they were in a rush because of possible cancellation, having a week time jump off screen wouldn't have changed anything. But it did seem like all the talk about the wedding happening tomorrow was a last minute decision, and one of the lines seemed to be added in during post.

Also, Killian's line "after tomorrow, there's no getting rid of me" was slightly ruined by the fact that I know he and Emma will be separated for nearly the entire finale.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Curio said:

all the talk about the wedding happening tomorrow

It seems like they just did this so the Black Fairy could say "Tomorrow is a very special day for Emma Swan. Tomorrow is the day she dies." I guess "Next Tuesday is the day she dies" didn't have the same ring to it. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

Between that article and the promo, it looks like they're ripping off the Buffy musical in the rationale for the singing. In the Buffy musical, it turned out that Xander had cast the spell because everyone was so tense and unhappy, and he thought that singing was good and happy and would help. That sounds like what Snow seems to have done in the past that's apparently going to come back to happen again in the present -- everyone's unhappy and needs hope, so music!

Do you think Joss is getting royalty checks at this point? Because if he isn't, he should be demanding them!

• Love 3

What do you bet the wedding itself takes about 30 seconds at the end of the episode? Most of the episode focused on the musical stuff and emotional angst leading up to the wedding, then we see Emma walk down the aisle, maybe a montage, and then as the cliffhanger leading into the finale, the Black Fairy shows up to disrupt the wedding.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

It seems like they just did this so the Black Fairy could say "Tomorrow is a very special day for Emma Swan. Tomorrow is the day she dies."

Maybe the BF is a SQ fan...the rabid ones have been tweeting that obnoxious  crap about the wedding being the  'real' Emma's funeral...

6 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

What do you bet the wedding itself takes about 30 seconds at the end of the episode?

I give the vows a minute tops between both of them. We'll probably hear the words, "I now pronounce you..." And then BAM! The Black Fairy interrupts before they can kiss. And I'm not holding my breath for any TLK during the finale, either. It'll probably be some contrived MacGuffin introduced during the finale that will solve the heroes' problems instead.

• Love 6

I'm guessing the musical episode was supposed to be the season finale but then next season isn't happening how it was supposed to, so they moved it back and the final battle happens instead.  My guess is that they need Captain Swan married before the battle to parallel Snowing's wedding and whatever else happens the next week.  Whatever.

• Love 1
(edited)

I wish the wedding was the finale instead of the Final Battle™ we've already seen happen earlier in the season. It would be one thing if they did an epic battle where everyone is involved, but it literally looks like a carbon copy of Emma and Gideon battling on Main Street while the useless non-magical folks are frozen on the sidelines again.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 5
(edited)

If BF wants to off Emma the best way would be to glamour herself as Killian and just stab her at the altar.....and i am sorry for putting that out in the world...

Edited by PixiePaws1
Spelling...*sigh*

Some song titles for next week.

HENRY: I Lost The Ring

HOOK: We Have To Find The Ring

SNOWING (actually The Black Fairy and Rumple): Is It a Wedding or a Funeral?

EMMA: My Heart's A-flutter, My Hand's A-shaking

REGINA AND ZELENA: An Anthem For Redeemed Villains

BELLE: I Knew You Were Good Inside

RUMPLE AND BLACK FAIRY: You're All Going To Die

• Love 6

I just don't understand the sudden switch to do the wedding tomorrow. Just edit out the part where Emma says they'll put the wedding on hold from last week's episode and the problem is fixed. 

It's like they're actively striving to not give a damn.

Quote from the interview on the song titles.

"The inspiration was that we wanted this wedding to not just be about the two of them -- it's about this whole town," Kitsis shares of Emma and Killian's special moment.

No kidding. 

So for us, we wanted it start with [Emma and Hook singing,] but then stretch out to everybody because that is the core of the show."

Literally the "Whole Town" is more important than Emma.

the Evil Queen song is very much a Regina song

Oh. So, Regina and the EQ are one and the same for this episode. Good to know.

"Emma has a big solo,...-- kind of expresses essence of the character and, in may ways, sums up her journey thus far.

How many bets it's about her WALLS?

I'm super unexcited about the Musical, tbh. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

• Love 10

So Jen says that her solo comes towards the end of the episode and helps break the curse that's been going on. Based on that video, I can't figure out if it's before or after the wedding? If it's before the wedding, why would they still be singing? If it's after, why would Hook, Regina & the Charmings re-appear in SB in their wedding clothes? 

27 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

"The inspiration was that we wanted this wedding to not just be about the two of them -- it's about this whole town," Kitsis shares of Emma and Killian's special moment.

So basically they can have three songs about the Charmings vs. the EQ, but Emma & Hook can't even get one song at their own wedding. Ok gotcha.

• Love 8
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

So Jen says that her solo comes towards the end of the episode and helps break the curse that's been going on. Based on that video, I can't figure out if it's before or after the wedding? If it's before the wedding, why would they still be singing? If it's after, why would Hook, Regina & the Charmings re-appear in SB in their wedding clothes? 

So basically they can have three songs about the Charmings vs. the EQ, but Emma & Hook can't even get one song at their own wedding. Ok gotcha.

They both have one song and they start the final song together. So there's a duet. That's 3 songs into there storyline.

Edited by cappoe
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, cappoe said:

So there's a duet

Well, Jen says "we have a bit of a duet together", then everyone else joins in. Again, it just feels out of whack. Ginny & Josh are singing on 5 songs, Lana on 4, but JMo & Colin are only doing their solo and a bit of a duet on the wedding song. Oh well, just keeping my expectations nice and low. 

Jen's voice is really beautiful and I think the pirate song will be fun.

• Love 4
(edited)

So this show will do all different types of TLK for Captain Swan but a kiss because it sounds like their song breaks the curse and that just sounds very True Love moment to me. This show. SMDH.

How the two people with musical backgrounds get only 3 songs? lol

Edited by mjgchick
6 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

Well, Jen says "we have a bit of a duet together", then everyone else joins in.

Yeah, the "duet" will just be a few lines leading into the group number. Count on 20-30 seconds at most.

How many freaking Regina vs. Charmings songs do we need?? It's kind of ironic that the actors who were the most confident about singing in a musical have less singing time than the actors who were the most nervous about singing.

• Love 5
(edited)

Well at least there's a screening tomorrow so we'll know what to expect when the episode aires. 

Also sounds like the only songs in the present day are Emma's and the CS duet/ensemble number.

Edited by cappoe

1. "A Happy Beginning": "The inspiration was that we wanted this wedding to not just be about the two of them -- it's about this whole town," Kitsis shares of Emma and Killian's special moment. 

Of course - in a show where the Dark One is really A Savior, why on earth would a wedding be just about the two people getting married?  That's how little A&E really think of Emma and Hook.  Now, if it had been Regina's wedding...smh.

• Love 5
(edited)

I trust JMO and Colin and they said we would be happy. So I may not trust A and E but I trust them. They know what CS fans want.

Edited by cappoe
  • Love 1

Yeah, God forbid Emma and Hook's wedding be about THEM and not the town. I hate A&E so much. They really don't care about CS at all. Not even enough to give them a full duet. "A bit of a duet" is probably one line each. Their wedding is only a box to tick off for A&E.

This B-roll video seems to pretty much spoil what happens. If the song list is in order, like it appears to be, then it looks like the bulk of the ep is in flashback with singing. The BF freezes everybody and tries to kill Emma by crushing her heart. Henry shows her Snowing singing in the book and Emma puts aside her fears of being alone and starts singing about her love for everybody and their love for her and it protects her from having her heart crushed and breaks whatever curse BF has put on them. Then the next scene is the wedding.

And then I guess the BF reappears and enacts the Dark Curse with a twist, sending everybody but Emma, Henry and RB to the EF for the finale. Because she can't kill Emma, she banishes her to the prison/mental institution.

(edited)
45 minutes ago, Curio said:

Yeah, the "duet" will just be a few lines leading into the group number. Count on 20-30 seconds at most.

You are being way too generous. I doubt the duet part lasts even 20 seconds. 

Looking again at the track list, Hook and Emma have the same songs as Zelena. Yeah, Zelena.

wtf1.gif

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, cappoe said:

Well spoilers come out tomorrow and JMO and Colin said CS fans would be happy with the wedding. So the least people can do is trust them.

They obviously are not going to say it sucks. Why should I trust the actors who are doing a promotion on the Show? CS has been pretty lackluster for me in 6B, and nothing about the Wedding spoilers is making me feel excited. 

1 hour ago, Curio said:

How many freaking Regina vs. Charmings songs do we need?? It's kind of ironic that the actors who were the most confident about singing in a musical have less singing time than the actors who were the most nervous about singing.

I know, right?? 

42 minutes ago, Souris said:

The BF freezes everybody and tries to kill Emma by crushing her heart. Henry shows her Snowing singing in the book and Emma puts aside her fears of being alone and starts singing about her love for everybody and their love for her and it protects her from having her heart crushed and breaks whatever curse BF has put on them. 

Yeah. The Wedding is literally about Storybrooke, not Emma and Hook. Btw, the BF seems to be trying to force-choke Emma, not crush her heart.

Edited by Rumsy4
6 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

TYeah. The Wedding is literally about Storybrooke, not Emma and Hook. Btw, the BF seems to be trying to force-choke Emma, not crush her heart.

Ah, OK, I was watching it on a small screen and I saw her hand making a squeezy motion, so I thought it was heart-squeezing rather than Vader-ing.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Souris said:

Will they even bother to address why Snowing and Hook didn't remember each other after a singing meetup in a tavern?

They will after they explain why Tinkerbell didn't remember meeting Regina as the Evil Queen.

Oh hell it's 6B. Blue Shady probably slipped memory tea in all the drinks at the tavern.

And again, this is why they need to drop kick the flashbacks. It's gotten to a point where there's too much retconning to make them work. At least Lost knew to change up the flash formula. I don't get why A&E are so stuck on it. 

The writers look at Snowing vs. Regina flashbacks as a Saturday morning cartoon. It's just Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner. The coyote will never catch the bird because it's all for antics, not real story.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 6
(edited)

I don't understand what's going on in the promo photos. It seems like Hook and the Charmings are having an actual conversation and Hook is getting up in Snow's face. So how does she not recognize him when they take their beanstalk trip? I mean, she does say his name in season 2 like she knows him and his reputation. So what then? She didn't recognize him without the pirate garb? He looks too blacksmithish to be a pirate? She didn't expect him to look the same since he wasn't cursed in Storybrooke? It's a little weird.

And again, this is why they need to drop kick the flashbacks. It's gotten to a point where there's too much retconning to make them work. At least Lost knew to change up the flash formula. I don't get why A&E are so stuck on it. 

Edited by sharky
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, Souris said:

Will they even bother to address why Snowing and Hook didn't remember each other after a singing meetup in a tavern?

Magic???? To many hits in the head???? A forgetting potion in the rum/hot chocolate/whatever Charming drinks????

Really, at this points it's just ridiculous.

• Love 2
(edited)

I know it's from Adam's twitter, so take it with a  grain of salt, but he does say there will an explanation for why Hook met the Charmings in the EF, but Snow doesn't remember him in S2. Someone else said "Didn't Snow and Charming meet Hook for the first time in S2?" and Adam said "Yep." So given that, it's either a memory potion or since they were under the singing curse maybe they don't remember anything from that time. Any way you look at it, it's a total retcon...

So what I'm getting from all the spoilers today is that the singing "curse" only took place in the past. In the present the only signing is Emma singing "the song in her heart" which must help unfreeze her family from the Black Fairy's curse and then at the wedding which is just an extension of that and an expression of their happiness. That is, they aren't singing b/c they're cursed, but because they want to? 

Edited by Kktjones
  • Love 2

Hm...maybe all this is in Snow's head. Like she's the only one who hears people singing and therefore is the one trying to come up with an answer to help Emma. Or perhaps her "wish" for Emma leads to her seeing all of this in her head? Or maybe they were all really drunk on rum and then got punched by their future selves.

• Love 1

Jen's voice is pretty.

I think that's all I've got.

No, also, wtf with Hook meeting the Charmings? I'm sure there is some memory wipe / dream curse thing but thanks for potentially appropriating the most disturbing aspect of Twilight (and that's kind of saying something) and making TL happen between a fetus and a grown man.  I know we know that's the thing with the age difference between Emma and Hook, but c'mon, we all politely don't analyze it too much.

• Love 3
(edited)

So they just spoiled Hook's pirate song and I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised. Colin sounds great and it's a really fun number! However, I'm a little bummed as that and Emma's solo were the songs I was most looking forward to. Now I'm even more confused about how Hook & the Charmings don't remember each other in the future...

Edited by Kktjones
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 minute ago, Kktjones said:

So they just spoiled Hook's pirate song and I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised. Colin sounds great and it's a really fun number! However, I'm a little bummed as that and Emma's solo were the songs I was most looking forward to. Now I'm even more confused about how they don't remember each other in the future...

There must of been a memory spell, in the singing spell? 

These guys have had so much crap done to the memory- honestly i'm surprised they aren't all in an Insane Asylum. Maybe that's the big twist at the end of the series. Hahahaha. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, RadioGirl27 said:

1 minute ago, Kktjones said:

So they just spoiled Hook's pirate song and I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised. Colin sounds great and it's a really fun number! However, I'm a little bummed as that and Emma's solo were the songs I was most looking forward to. Now I'm even more confused about how Hook & the Charmings don't remember each other in the future...

Yeah, Colin is amazing and in ABC they clearly know what they are doing showing this number in advance. It's fun and catchy. But, I really hope there is some explanation as to why the Charmings and Hook don't rememeber this encounter, or, if they do, why they have never mentioned it.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Yeah, Colin is amazing and in ABC they clearly know what they are doing showing this number in advance. It's fun and catchy. But, I really hope there is some explanation as to why the Charmings and Hook don't rememeber this encounter, or, if they do, why they have never mentioned it.

Adam said on Twitter there would be an explanation. But Adam lies, so....

ABC knows what people will get excited about. Though I'm surprised they're spoiling so much with the ep!

Colin really does sound great. Though I kept worrying about how much pain he must've been in dancing around on a broken foot. I swear I saw him wince once.

So they got Smee for this, why not the wedding too??? (He had a fun line.)

• Love 4

Though I'm surprised they're spoiling so much with the ep!

Probably because other than the wedding and Emma's encounter with Fiona, it'll be devoid of any meaningful story. They're marketing the experience more than, "omg I wonder what's going to happen!!"

• Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Souris said:

So they got Smee for this, why not the wedding too??? (He had a fun line.)

Well, because the wedding is not about Hook and Emma, but about the town, so, why bother to bring people that would make them happy, like Smee, Liam 2.0, Nemo, Ariel, Ruby or Ashley.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, PixiePaws1 said:

Nice that when he sings he has a date with destiny Snow rubs her tummy...if she'd been further along in her pregnancy Emma might have been reacting ...

Fetus!Emma kicks!

• Love 1

To be fair, they're also releasing the songs on iTunes on Friday. I wonder if they're previewing the songs early to get some extra cash from the sale of the music to go along with this episode. Try to milk it for all its worth.

• Love 2

I'm kind of shocked by how...nice?...Colin's singing voice is. Not nice like "oh, you're in tune and you have musical talent," because we all knew Colin could sing, but it's very polished and not gruff at all. I expected a Captain Hook number to be a lot lower with a raspier sound, but I'm okay with this version too. He was hitting some high notes there.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Curio said:

I'm kind of shocked by how...nice?...Colin's singing voice is. Not nice like "oh, you're in tune and you have musical talent," because we all knew Colin could sing, but it's very polished and not gruff at all. I expected a Captain Hook number to be a lot lower with a raspier sound, but I'm okay with this version too. He was hitting some high notes there.

It's probably a lot harder to sing with an adjusted tone than talk like he does with a lower tone for the part, so they just went with his natural singing tone. Although I have heard him gruff it up when he's on stage singing.