Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, PixiePaws1 said:

Should we start a poll on how long Emma and Killian get for a real world reunion before she goes off to fight Gideon? My guess is 2 secs to realise she's back and a 3 sec hand hold, then a 5 minute scene with Emma listening to Regina bemoan how her horrible luck is all Emma's fault and Emma telling Regina how appreciative she is for her awful childhood as an orphan.

Then Emma goes to fight Gideon and defeats him as per the BTS pics. They have a 5 sec victory hug thinking they've averted her vision coming to pass and then Emma turns around and sees evil Princess Emma from the wish AU ...who is no longer the Savior and she skewers Emma. Final scene is Killian sobbing over a supposedly dead Emma.

You're assuming they get to reunite before she fights Gideon. But if they do, your scenario is likely.

However, it wouldn't be Hook sobbing over dead Emma. You know this season, it would be Regina.

7 hours ago, Curio said:

I think we'll finally see Regina take one for the team and reabsorb the Evil Queen by the end of Episode 11 (we haven't seen the EQ film beyond that episode I don't think), but I doubt it will be because she feels bad about taking Emma's childhood away. It'll probably be seen as Regina yet again having to sacrifice her happiness to help the Charmings, but then Emma still has to face the hooded figure, so it's not like she's helping to prevent Emma from facing her death sentence. Emma still has to sacrifice her fake happiness and go to battle as Savior in Storybrooke. And then there's that behind-the-scenes photo of what appears to be Emma, Hook, and Regina all wearing the same clothes they were wearing in Episode 9 facing off with a villain in the graveyard, and I honestly have no clue how any of this is going to wrap up.

I just pray to the writing gods that the EQ/Regina split is over by the end of all of this AU shenanigans. Are we only getting one hour next Sunday? Are they ending this AU on a cliffhanger and making us wait three months to see the second part of the episode? 

They're still currently filming 6x12 (they took all last week off for Thanksgiving), so we can't know yet if EQ is still around.

And yes, they're putting the two eps of the AU on either side of the hiatus. We don't know yet how long it will be, but March is probable given they've announced a game show for Once's slot in January and pretty much every Sunday in February has a big ratings event (Super Bowl, Grammys, Oscars).

Apologies for undeletable box below.

31 minutes ago, PixiePaws1 said:

From the quick look we get of princess Emma in the promo, she looks to be a ditz. Just roaming around sniffing flowers. Is she a child? 

I'm not particularly interested in seeing a stupid or spoiled Emma. There should be differences since it's an AU, but a totally different Emma will be so frustrating. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, janett snakehole said:

From the quick look we get of princess Emma in the promo, she looks to be a ditz. Just roaming around sniffing flowers. Is she a child? 

I think we're supposed to think that this version doesn't have worries and is carefree. Then the EQ shows up and everything goes to hell.

Looks like Robin's return will be the extra "OMG!" cliffhanger for the winter finale. It'll be one A&E think will be a total shock but everyone will expect since many viewers are fans who keep up with that sort of thing. It'll be disappointing if they do this big! shocking! reveal! and Robin is only back for a few episodes.

I'll say it again - Robin's return is incredibly meta and forced. But, at the same time, it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" kind of thing. On one hand, Robin's death was mishandled and keeps Regina in that "I'll never be happy" mode we're so sick and tired of. But on the other, true closure would be her finding someone else and moving on. If he's only back temporarily, that's only going to pour salt in the wound. It's not going to be actual damage control. It'll mean Regina has lost her boyfriend five times.

The wheel spinning to keep the characters in their boxes is just nuts. I believe Adam said once that if Regina didn't get the short end of the stick, she would no longer be Regina. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

It should really be called, "We'll Always Have Page 23"

I wish that idea could have died with Isaac's fanfiction. I doubt there's going to be any explanation for why the page just appeared to Regina in the first place. That whole thing felt shoved into 4x08 to help fill in the extra hour.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Let this be the end of EQ at the same time as O'QUINN so that we can all move on.

33 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

What's this about page 23?

There was a spoiler about "Robin" trying to shoot David in Storybrooke. The old James/David confusion, I expect. 

I'm pretty sure it's the Sheriff of Nottingham he's going after.

I've been trying to come up with a theory based on the spoilers we have (a futile exercice, I know) but I can't. Nothing makes sense. And the second half of the season seems as bad as the first half. Lots of Regina and Rumbelle baby drama and minimal to none Snowing and Hook. And who know about Emma. Jennifer is still on vacation.

I can't stand Adam's teases. He keeps trolling Hook's fans. 

• Love 3

Wait...I'm so confused. If Page 23 isn't the reason why this AU is happening, then why the hell touch on it a few episodes later when this should have been the main focus of the AU? When you brainstorm ideas about how to make an alternate universe where Emma grew up as a princess, Page 23 and Regina never casting the curse should be the very first thing pitched in the writers' room. But instead, they went with a genie granting Emma's wish and they're going to explore Page 23 separately from the random midseason AU finale a few episodes later? I highly doubt Page 23 came to pass in Episodes 10 and 11 because I doubt the Evil Queen would exist if she had found Robin at the tavern. Unless that's the point the writers are trying to make, where no matter what good things happen to Regina and no matter how many good people she surrounds herself with, at her core she's just evil and narcissistic and will always end up becoming the Evil Queen. But I doubt it.

I think I finally realize why A&E wanted to ditch the half season formula. Instead of breaking it up into Emma Focus: Fall Season and Regina Focus: Spring Season, it's just an entire season of Regina Focus.

• Love 5

Is it wrong that I want the Evil Queen's wish of granting Emma Swan's completely undefined wish to be something random? Like Emma wished just that morning that Hook would learn to put the toilet seat down. At this point, I feel like making fun of the wish thing would be better than whatever we're going to get.

I also suspect that maybe Regina seeing Stealthy alive and well in Storybrooke is why Regina goes rogue in the AU. It gives her hope that Robin is alive in that reality. Ostensibly, the mission is to save Emma, but it's really a save Robin situation.

5 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

Page 23 is the title of 6.14.

Groan...

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm pretty sure it's the Sheriff of Nottingham he's going after.

That makes more sense. 

3 hours ago, Curio said:

Wait...I'm so confused. If Page 23 isn't the reason why this AU is happening, then why the hell touch on it a few episodes later when this should have been the main focus of the AU?  ...

I think I finally realize why A&E wanted to ditch the half season formula. Instead of breaking it up into Emma Focus: Fall Season and Regina Focus: Spring Season, it's just an entire season of Regina Focus.

Yes. And, yes (with Rumbelle thrown-in as well). 

Edited by Rumsy4

Isaac said that page 23 was his attempt at canon divergence basically. He may have created, as the author, a pocket universe that exists separately from the “real” world. This may be where Aladdin sent Emma. Which is why this is not Regina’s Robin Hood. Also why he can’t stay, he doesn’t belong in the real world but at least OQ gets a better ending.

This would explain any nonsensical events in this pocket universe like Henry existing

This makes little sense to me as of now. If this is a pocket universe Isaac created, shouldn't there be two Emma there? That also doesn't explain why there is still an Evil Queen and why Robin looks young. And how does this mean OQ gets a better ending? What does it matter if some fake version of Robin and Regina get together? The writers have totally lost their plot. 

• Love 2

I know I really didn't pay much attention during the Author storyline....(thought it was great they finally dealt with that damned book and what could have been great was really stupid and made no sense...) but what is page 23???

Robin found an illustration of him and Regina kissing outside the Tavern, instead of what really happened--Regina ran away without going inside to meet Robin. I think the page number of that illustration was 23. Regina and Robin thought that was some kind of hope for them to be together. The Season 4 AU had nothing to do with page 23. I'm this close to quitting the show, tbh. I did not sign up for this Regina and Rumple fest, at the end of which, Regina will get to be hero, and Rumple will end up with Belle.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

I was holding out hope that the back half of the season would have less Regina since the first half is so heavy. I'm becoming discouraged by filming spoilers and episode titles.

Not to mention jmo's not even in Vancouver and I believe Colin may still be in Ireland. Haven't seen any paparazzi of them returning like the one I saw of Gosh at the airport.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Robin found an illustration of him and Regina kissing outside the Tavern, instead of what really happened--Regina ran away without going inside to meet Robin. I think the page number of that illustration was 23. Regina and Robin thought that was some kind of hope for them to be together. The Season 4 AU had nothing to do with page 23. I'm this close to quitting the show, tbh. I did not sign up for this Regina and Rumple fest, at the end of which, Regina will get to be hero, and Rumple will end up with Belle.

Thanks for the clarification! I kind of remember that picture but..you know, it was the Author storyline so I glazed over...(probably doing to many shots when someone would mention "hero" or "happy ending.." )

Yea, it would make more sense if the AU was tied to the page, but then the Author storyline ended with an alternate universe which just had the good people trade places with the bad people and the writers thought it was creative...it would have worked better if they just twisted the motives of all involved...(i.e.  Regina was forced into a loveless marriage with Snow's dad, Snow is still princess but bitchy and jealous..and Snow poisons her dad by accident...it was supposed to be Regina and then she pins the murder on Regina...etc...)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, daxx said:

I was holding out hope that the back half of the season would have less Regina since the first half is so heavy. I'm becoming discouraged by filming spoilers and episode titles.

Not to mention jmo's not even in Vancouver and I believe Colin may still be in Ireland. Haven't seen any paparazzi of them returning like the one I saw of Gosh at the airport.

Superficial statement, and I thought she looked fine before, but whereas I most likely gained weight over the holiday weekend, Ginny looks like she has lost a fair amount of weight, since whenever she filmed the recently aired episdodes.  I initially assumed it was an old picture (there are a lot of pictures of them at that airport).

Hmm they will be episode 15 before anything big can happen with CS or Emma or Emma beside the little captain Charming bit in 12. Not sure if snowing still under the sleeping curse.

Sorry, but I hope it is Robin swan song in episode 14. But, it really seem the Rumple and Regina family drama will still be going strong in spring. To my joy!!

I'm beginning to think Emma and Killian are under joint sleeping curses...and because Killian is the only one who True Loves Emma anymore (cos Henry!!)...they  can't wake either one. Or more likely  Emma is 'killed' in the finale and Killian is off grieving or trying to get his new pals Arthur or Zeus to give her back (all off screen of course)...not realising she isn't really completely dead.

It really looks like they've been completely sidelined..unless both actors requested a longer break so they either filmed a lot earlier or are doing a big catchup later. But don't think they roll that way.

5 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

This makes little sense to me as of now. If this is a pocket universe Isaac created, shouldn't there be two Emma there? That also doesn't explain why there is still an Evil Queen and why Robin looks young. And how does this mean OQ gets a better ending? What does it matter if some fake version of Robin and Regina get together? The writers have totally lost their plot. 

I'm not even sure there's a plot anymore, it's just meandering subplots to nowhere.

Sorry, but I hope it is Robin swan song in episode 14. But, it really seem the Rumple and Regina family drama will still be going strong in spring. To my joy!!

Of all the things they chose to drag out for a season, they chose this...

• Love 3

Sneak peek is up but I  couldn't post it..sorry.

More SQ baiting...and as suspected the sword that kills Emma is the one that can kill EQ without hurting Regina....Which just makes me suspicious as to which Emma is getting skewered....

I'm starting to wonder if there will even be one scene in the winter finale without Regina/EQ. Sorry, but I am SO over her and this storyline. Why in the world would Regina go on this rogue mission and leave three magic-less people (David, Hook & Henry) in charge of keeping the EQ in line? They better have a logical reason why Regina goes on this rescue mission instead of Emma's father or true love. At this point, I'm not even sure I'll bother watching...

• Love 3

I'm still kind of adore the Evil Queen. I just can't get over her brutal honesty toward Regina. At this point I'll cheer for anyone who takes that "hero" down a peg.

Her ability to love Robin just blurs the line between her and her other half even more...

Also, how does the sword cutting her mean it can kill her? Ripping her heart turned her into dust, but she regenerated. I really freaking hope they don't actually kill her off. I would prefer either a reabsorption or Regina to die instead. I'm betting on her being reabsorbed since that's the obvious resolution and A&E have been doing everything they can to direct us away from that idea. It'll be the "twist".

Regina: "No, Emma! I won't let you put more blood on your already stained hands! You already have Cruella, you don't need the Evil Queen too."
Emma: "There's no there way! I won't let my BFF die!"
Regina: "There IS another way. Let me reabsorb her."
Emma: "But Regina! Everything you fought for! Your happiness! Your pedestal of purity!"
Regina: "It's a sacrifice I have to make. It's what heroes do. And I am definitely, positively, 100% a hero."

I'm starting to think there is a possibility they'll kill of the EQ, and complete the whitewashing of Regina. 

And leave nothing salvageable from her character.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3

If the mission of that sneak peek was to peek my interest in the finale, well, it failed miserably. It's terrible.

And the spoilers for the second half of the season are even worse. I'm hoping against hope that episode 14 is the end of the focus on Regina and Emma takes the lead from then on (yeah, I'm delusional, I know). I guess A&E don't want season 7 to happen.

“Whether Emma and Hook are together in the winter finale isn’t the question to be asking,” responds co-creator Adam Horowitz. “The real question to ask is: Will the two of them be embarking on an epic adventure filled with romance, danger and passion in the second half of the season? And the answer is… yes.” 

I'll believe it when I see it. Still, it does look like Regina will be busy with Robin in the second half, so maybe Emma has to hang out with someone else. 

My concern about Emma dying grows daily with comments like that from Adam. It's like they are cranking up the romance to 11 to make it that much more awful when she dies. Like Love Story or Titanic. I'm really not here for this. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, KAOS Agent said:

“Whether Emma and Hook are together in the winter finale isn’t the question to be asking,” responds co-creator Adam Horowitz. “The real question to ask is: Will the two of them be embarking on an epic adventure filled with romance, danger and passion in the second half of the season? And the answer is… yes.” 

I'll believe it when I see it. Still, it does look like Regina will be busy with Robin in the second half, so maybe Emma has to hang out with someone else. 

They're jerking-around CS fans. So, obviously no CS in the fairy-tale AU, and there will be as much epic CS adventure in the second half as this is the year of snoring Snowing. 

• Love 7

“For us, we always wanted the show to be the kind of show that wasn’t just rigid in what we did,” Kitsis continues. “You could go to Oz, you could go to the Underworld, you could stay in Storybrooke, you could go to New York, or you could create an entirely different world where Snow White is the biggest villain in the world. This really follows in that line.”

Oh the irony. Just because you can freely change locations, it doesn't make your show flexible. The writing is extremely rigid.

“That is going to be coming to a head — it is going to resonate in the finale and it will definitely come to a head in the next half of the season when we return.”

This plot line is continuing into 6B? Ugh. I hate it so much, you don't even know. What a way to tie down Emma's character.

“It is a world where there’s no villains,” Kitsis notes. “The big villain was defeated, there was no curse, and peace and joy got to flourish.”

How are they going to portray a world without villains as a bad/wrong thing?

They're jerking-around CS fans. So, obviously no CS in the fairy-tale AU, and there will be as much epic CS adventure in the second half as this is the year of snoring Snowing. 

A&E: "Come on, let Regina have an adventure with Emma just once! Hook can have her the rest of the season."

Edited by KingOfHearts

They have my interest for the CS adventure. But, that doesn't change the lack of CS in the final and the perpetual Rumbelle soap. The overboard Regina stuff this year and the lackluster Emma arc. I mean they could have create something original with the Savior mythology and Aladdin.  But, what do we got?

I appreciate the reconnaissance that CS  is important for the show. It is clearly damage control but I am still a little sour.

Edited by maryle
Spelling
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, maryle said:

I appreciate the reconnaissance that CS  is important for the show. It is clearly damage control but still a little sour.

The thing is--I don't trust them. The question was whether there would be any CS in the fairytale AU. The answer is clearly a "no". So, they're deflecting by making promises about the next half. But they already promised that this would be the year of Snowing, Captain Charming, domestic CS, etc.--none of which they've followed through on. I'll believe it when I see it.

• Love 7

I totally get not trusting Adam.

But, the truth is they don't really have the choice to tell the CS story at some point. And, it is very big to announce that. Can you imagine the pitchfork with nothing at all happen with CS and they still sidelining. I don't want to be Adam and the CS fans will have the right.

So, now I am certain that at least there going be some focus and at least a CS adventure maybe not the CS movie 2 but...

And, I have already decided to watch only what interests me.

• Love 1

I'm not going to get excited, regardless of what was said in that interview. I keep thinking of the Comic Con press junket, where they paired up Josh and Colin, which generally implies that their characters are going to have a big storyline together, and they talked about the bromance that would be happening between their characters and how it would be derailed by a secret from Hook early in the season. They were talking about it all like it was stuff that they knew for sure, either that they'd shot already or in scripts they'd read. I don't think they were lying, but none of it came about. I don't even recall their characters interacting so far this season, other than when they captured Hyde together. Have they spoken any dialogue to each other? And there's been no secret about Hook coming out that tests their bond. We never saw David react to the shears or to the Liam stuff. Was it shot and cut? I seriously doubt that at that time they were talking about this upcoming episode in which David and Hook are apparently going to work together. So I'm not going to take anyone's word for what's going to happen in upcoming storylines until we see the episode. You can't even trust script teases sent out the week of an episode, since some of those parts have been cut. They may be planning a massive CaptainSwan arc, and then most of it will end up on the cutting room floor because they need the time for Regina's story.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Hookian said:

At least they recognized that CS fans are pissed and are going to give them a big arc in the second half.

There is no way to translate what Adam said into confirmation of a "big arc" without completely ignoring their past statements and how what they spoke about actually happened -- or didn't. They hype something as big and it's maybe a scene or two. If it even happens at all. They lie. Constantly. They say whatever they think will string people along to get them to watch, even if it's not true.

That answer made me irrationally angry. First, he completely dismissed the asker's concerns about the winter finale as unimportant. Then he baited like he was trying to catch a school of fish. He's 100% playing CS fans with this nebulous "adventure" that is far from a sure bet of being big or even actually happening.

How quickly people forget they promised domestic CS moments and a movie list/movie night for the first part of the season. Those were nothing but lies.

I feel the need to bring this back: The 26 Things the Cast/Writers Promised Would Happen in Season 4 of OUAT That Never Actually Happened. And that was S4. We could come up with another huge list since then.

4 hours ago, KateJones said:

My concern about Emma dying grows daily with comments like that from Adam. It's like they are cranking up the romance to 11 to make it that much more awful when she dies. Like Love Story or Titanic. I'm really not here for this. 

I have had a sinking suspicion for awhile that Emma will die at the end of this season, too. I really feel like JMo is 100% over the show. It will seem like she beat the hooded figure, but as the Oracle said, the path may change but it will still happen.

Edited by Souris
43 minutes ago, Souris said:

I have had a sinking suspicion for awhile that Emma will die at the end of this season, too. I really feel like JMo is 100% over the show. It will seem like she beat the hooded figure, but as the Oracle said, the path may change but it will still happen.

Emma and Killian and Snowing can just SB and OUAT and go into their own show with their all being badaas bounty hunters in New York...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Souris said:
5 hours ago, Hookian said:

6 hours ago, KateJones said:

I don't have any respect left for A&E as writers and showrunners, but I doubt they would kill her off permanently. That would be too stupid even for them. 

• Love 4