Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

You mean the eviler one.  Hyde is unquestionably evil, it's just that he's actually the lesser of two evils.

It makes me wonder if they're really going there with Regina and the Evil Queen too, where Regina is capable of worse than her other half.

Edited by Mathius

i need this story to tell Regina that "Listen, you were a shitty despicable human being back then. Now you're just a douche. Suck it up and be lucky these people still accept you after the stunts you pulled." and then she and her other half connects back because that was the most useless plot point ever.

• Love 2

Hook finds himself trying to protect Belle from Mr. Gold, who has made sure she can’t leave the confines of the pirate ship

Hmmm.... Why am I not surprised? In fact, I was expecting something along those lines--except, I thought it would involve preventing Belle from leaving Storybrooke. But he apparently has trapped Belle as a virtual prisoner in the Jolly Roger. How Rumbelle is still considered a viable couple is beyond me. Maybe there was some trapping spell in the tape David handed Belle. 

Reilly Jacob as Tom Sawyer

I hope he turns up in Mary Margaret's classroom with an apple. hehe

That's such a horrible move on Rumple's part. Whatever little goodwill Belle might have had in last night's episode while listening to that poem, whatever she might have thought about after her little chat with David, I hope it's gone.

I don't get it, it's not like she's running from town, or anything like that. She's staying on the ship. If he trapped her, it means Hook is probably trapped there too, and then there's that scene they filmed of Jekyll possibly attacking her. 

The whole thing is just...

He's obviously going to do it to protect her from Hyde (totally without consulting her first or respecting her wishes in any way, like usual), and trap her with Jekyll on board thinking there's not going to be a problem, and THAT'S when Hyde drops the reveal about Jekyll's true nature, and we get the spoiled Hook vs. Jekyll showdown.  In the end, Rumple's attempt to keep her from danger ends up putting her in danger instead.  What else is new?

Edited by Mathius

Yeah, Rumple will have screwed him over and he'll want payback through hurting Belle.  Exactly like Hook did, on that very ship, in 2x11, and now the time comes for Hook to fully redeem himself for that by protecting Belle from Jekyll.

• Love 2

Jonny Coyne as Dr. Lydgate, Jordyn Ashley Olson as The Oracle, Elizabeth Blackmore as Mary and Reilly Jacob as Tom Sawyer.

So we have the asylum doctor from OUATIW, the Oracle again, and Tom Sawyer. Interesting. It's so weird to have Anastasia noteably absent in the one episode, only to have a side character from OUATIW return in the next.

Hyde is definitely from Victorian England World. (Where Alice is from.)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I'm cackling that Rumple fucks up (like he usually does,) and Hook the man whose sacrifice he let go in vein is the one to protect Belle and give her place to stay? Oh how the turns has tabled.

On the bye how do these writers manages to write perfectly good friendships even one between a man and a woman without romantic interests and yet the main ones is so toxic it makes my head hurt?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Well, at least Bobby Carlyle doesnt have to wear that ridiculous wig in the next episode.  

I'm assuming that Rumple will use his hair for the spell that will keep Belle locked on the ship and that will explain the haircut.

• Love 1

I try not to be too harsh on the rumbelle front and I am curious about their little soap this season but I cannot find a way to see Rumple magically confining Belle on the Rodger positively. 

Maybe it will not be as bad as it sound but..   Really!  I am suppose to rooting for them to be too and you do that!

I just do not get Rumbelle epic love story

I try not to be too harsh on the rumbelle front and I am curious about their little soap this season but I cannot find a way to see Rumple magically confining Belle on the Rodger positively. 

Look how it turned out when he confined Milah to his small village. The irony is that she left on the Jolly Roger, and now that is where Belle is trapped.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Maybe he have a bad flashbacks of Milah in the Rolly Joger because it sounds like Hook post up to him about Belle.

Damn at this redemption from Hook. It's not in your face and you get it in small doses. I love everything about it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jasmine in Storybrooke since Curse #1. She seems to have a cursed name.

Hm, Shirin is a character in One Thousand and One Nights and other stories, but not connected to the Aladdin story. I'm looking forward to seeing her cursed story.

I guess that means Aladdin is coming from the Land of Untold Stories.

Has Jasmine been in Storybrooke since the Dark Curse?
HOROWITZ: No.

Do Jasmine and Snow know each other from the past?
KITSIS: No.

Ok, so Jasmine is a newcomer from the LoUS. Has Aladdin been there the whole time?

Edited by ABitOFluff
New info
  • Love 1

Ha! I was right about the Jafar scene taking place before OUATIW (obviously during Jafar's whole "hunting for Cyrus in Agrabah" phase).

Also, Morpheus is 100% confirmed as legit Rumbelle child.  That's good to know, I wouldn't have liked that to have been a lie.

And good lord, what is with the fixation on Colette?  We keep getting questions about her in each hot seat!

HOROWITZ:  We do hope to get to the Will and Ana story—

I'm glad at least this time they're upfront that it's a hope (as in, it may not happen) and not necessarily a promise like they claimed back in S4.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Souris said:

August is returning? Man, I hate that guy. He's just like Neal to me. They're equally culpable in screwing Emma over.

From the Hot Seat with A&E I got the sense he'd be returning. I don't hate him, but he doesn't add much at this point, other than making Emma feel terrible.

"Emma's BFF", huh?  Wow, they really are trying to move away from the pretense of Regina being that. :P

Not that August makes any more sense for that position.  He was only her friend through deception, why do they expect us to forget that?

I don't hate August either, but this retroactive attempt to turn him into such a good friend to Emma is ridiculous.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 1

What about the Dragon? Maybe August is actually connected to him since we know he's still alive. He brought him up in 5x23.

I'm assuming the Dragon can help with what Emma is going through since he seems to know a lot of stuff?

• Love 3

Are you writing this as the final season?
KITSIS: No.

I'm not sure if I should be happy about this. If Once gets an S7, then yay. But if the network decides S6 is the final season and A&E are not writing it like that, then there could be a rushed resolution or a lack of a resolution altogether.

I don't hate August either, but this retroactive attempt to turn him into such a good friend to Emma is ridiculous

I'm not thrilled about August coming back. It's not that I hate him, but he was such a waste in 4B. He got retconned as Emma's friend, too. I don't want to see him be the Exposition Fairy again.

Ok, so Jasmine is a newcomer from the LoUS. Has Aladdin been there the whole time?

Jasmine could have arrived through some random portal, like Ingrid. It would be odd if she were from LoUS and got hired as a teacher right away. It looks like she's been there a while.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3

August was only friends with Emma because he needed her to fix his turning into a wooden man. He set her up to be abandoned and alone and stole the guilt money Neal left her. August was a terrible person to Emma. They are not BFFs. Then again, Emma probably needs to apologize to him because he taught her how to be strong and closed off. I don't hate him as a character, but I despise how this show whitewashes history.

Can someone tell me how we'll see more Rumbelle backstory? We saw their entire relationship develop in Skin Deep and then she was imprisoned and he thought she was dead, then they were together, then amnesiac, then separated by Neverland/death/Zelena, then Belle kicked him out and then he was in the Darkness removal coma, then she was under a sleeping curse in a box. That covers everything.

• Love 7

Will we see any other secondary characters have flashbacks this season?

Who was the genius who asked this question, and why was it picked?

Will we ever get flashbacks of Emma’s time with the Swan family?
KITSIS: That’s saying that she had a Swan family and that’s how she got her name.
HOROWITZ: We can say that we will not answer that question to you right now. [Laughs.]

Sometimes I just get so pissed off at their facetious answers.

Will Snow get an untold story?
HOROWITZ: Yeah, we’re going to see a new chapter from her past.

What's worse than eggnapping?

Can we expect any connections this season to OUAT: Wonderland?
HOROWITZ: Yeah, in the sense that we try to honor that story and stay constant with it. We’re not picking up directly a lot of those threads. We do hope to get to the Will and Ana story—

I hope they NEVER get to Will and Ana's story, becasue they sure did not honor it in S4. 

I liked that Sneak Peek with Dr. Jekyll. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Jasmine could have arrived through some random portal, like Ingrid. It would be odd if she were from LoUS and got hired as a teacher right away. It looks like she's been there a while.

There were 2 more curses after the big one, Snow's and Hook's. We know with both a bunch of new people arrived, and with Hook's a few people returned to the EF and others like Violet and her father stayed.

Maybe that's what happened with Jasmine.

Hyde clearly knows Aladdin if we're going to go by what he said in 6x01, but question is, did he know him as Jekyll or as Hyde. The sneak peek seems to indicate that Jekyll has been experimenting on people and I think Dr. Lydgate had an asylum or something? I remember them zapping Alice in the Pilot of Wonderland. So possibilities, maybe?

• Love 1

There were 2 more curses after the big one, Snow's and Hook's. We know with both a bunch of new people arrived, and with Hook's a few people returned to the EF and others like Violet and her father stayed. Maybe that's what happened with Jasmine.

Well, the question said, "Dark Curse", so I assumed A&E meant any curse. But I guess they could have misinterpreted it.

I hope they NEVER get to Will and Ana's story, becasue they sure did not honor it in S4. 

They shouldn't have had to in the first place. Will and Ana had a satisfying conclusion on Wonderland. They got reunited, married, and then ruled together as the White King and Queen. There was no reason for Will to show up in S4. 

I liked that Sneak Peek with Dr. Jekyll. 

Mad scientist creates risky project that a father figure refuses to fund, but Rumple shows up to lend a hand... where have we seen that before? (Hint: It's Frankenstein.) I think it's funny that Lydgate is returning as an antagonist professor/doctor, and just so happens to be Jekyll's potential father-in-law.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The sneak peek seems to indicate that Jekyll has been experimenting on people and I think Dr. Lydgate had an asylum or something? I remember them zapping Alice in the Pilot of Wonderland. So possibilities, maybe?

Yeah. That was an interesting side-note. Maybe @Shanna Marie 's theory that Jekyll and Hyde actually were two separate people will turn out to be true. Hyde could have been an asylum patient, and Jekyll inadvertently ended up absorbing him ala Rumple/Neal.

What is Rumple doing there, offering a deal to Jekyll? 

• Love 1

Will and Ana had a satisfying conclusion on Wonderland. They got reunited, married, and then ruled together as the White King and Queen. There was no reason for Will to show up in S4.

Especially since it's clear he isn't White King yet in S4, and A&E's interviews at that time always said "Red Queen" so Ana wasn't that either, so their happy ending is still a foregone conclusion.  So where/what are the stakes here?  There is absolutely no reason they had to attempt that story other than the network forcing Michael Socha on them.  I'm glad that if they do bring Will and Ana back, it'll just be a one-and-done rather than an arc.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Well, the question said, "Dark Curse", so I assumed A&E meant any curse. But I guess they could have misinterpreted it.

when someone says the Dark Curse, I think about the original one and the 28 years stasis. The Hook one was a very tame version of it.

• Love 2

So, it's confirmed that Hyde can't be killed either. It will be really interesting when the first person realizes that Jekyll and Regina have to be killed first before their "evil" counterparts can be destroyed. 

So, I guess we're stuck with the grossness of EQ!Regina hitting on an uninterested Rumple for the rest of this arc. 

• Love 2

Regarding the Lana interviews, I love how even the actors are talking about how inevitable the outcome of the Regina/Evil Queen arc is. Gee, do you think Regina will realize "we are both" and have to reintegrate her dark half? It's so innovative to have a storyline that the entire audience knows how it will end before it even begins, and the actor involved talks about the inevitable outcome from early in the season. The only question left is "how," and I can pretty much see that scene in my head already. There will be tears from both Regina's, I'm sure.

I'm guessing that Jekyll will redeem himself by dying so that Hyde can be killed, while Regina beats the Evil Queen by recognizing that she's part of her and reincorporating her.

• Love 2

The laughing in that sneak peek was awkward. I think it's funny that Rumple is tired of everyone just breaking into his shop and wanting deals, even if it was just a clumsy way to show Hyde was immortal.

Parrilla: Her biggest lesson is learning that you can't get rid of your darkness. You have to learn to embrace is and learn how to deal with it differently. Even Hyde warned her about that. Gold has been warning her all along. It's something she probably doesn't trust because she's hearing it from these villains, but that's her ultimate lesson. She's still learning it. She's in denial of that lesson. You can't get rid of your darkness. You have to learn to embrace it. You are both. Every time I read a script, or sometimes on set, I literally hear those words in my head, "We are both."

Give Lana a cookie. She gets it. I'm glad she's being honest about what's what, unlike A&E. We're not being fooled here. (And it looks like neither is she.)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

I had to peek in here to see the reaction to August coming back, which I just saw on Twitter.  

What's the point?  If they couldn't think of anything better for him to do in 4B, they'll never have anything worthwhile for him.  I guess now he's such a wise sage and one of Emma's closest friends... give me a freak'in break.    

Why does Regina need to "embrace" her darkness?  How about be ashamed of it.  

Isn't it interesting how this spoiler thread is basically the Land of Untold Stories on this message board?  I'm leaving this dangerous place.

• Love 3

Does anyone else have some issues with the idea that Lana doesn't even know yet what the Evil Queen's ultimate goal is? Not with Lana obviously, but that it isn't clear in the story yet and they are filming episode 9. She wasn't being coy or cagey about answering, she said that she's not quite sure herself. This is going to drag on a long time, isn't it? 

• Love 2

I am not as against August as others

but do not believe in this great friendship neither.

That just show how much Emma is so lacking in the friends department. They could had keeping Cinderella around for that. Loved Emma and Cyndirella last episode.

But, August always had some mysterious knowledge about the current plot. So, him coming back to gave obscure information about  fate will be right his casting.

• Love 2

I'd put this in the unpopular opinion thread if it wasn't a spoiler but I like August. His character is a little pointless and full of plot holes, but it is nice for Emma to have a friend who isn't her mum, boyfriend, or a murderer and can also understand her life a bit better than any of the other fairytale folk. And he's nice to look at. So I'm ok with him coming back so long as they find something for him to do. 

• Love 5

David probably has ulterior motives. He's trying to get information regarding his father's death somehow.

Sorry to be cynical: bonding moments don't happen in a vaccum on this Show, especially when it comes to Emma and her parents.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

David probably has ulterior motives. He's trying to get information regarding his father's death somehow.

Sorry to be cynical: bonding moments don't happen in a vaccum on this Show, especially when it comes to Emma and her parents.

Can we still be happy about it for the 10 seconds it lasts?

It's a plot point for sure. He'll mention something to her, and then Emma will mention something to Hook. Or Emma tells him how excited she is about moving in with her boyfriend and David asks her if Hook would help him with something.

This is probably happening before the confrontation with Hyde, so Hyde probably has something to say about the Savior and her fate, and maybe David's father because of course the EQ might have said him something to him about it.

• Love 1

I know people (legitimately) are not happy with the scenes between Emma and her parents, but I think David and Emma have a good rapport and father-daughter chemistry, and I can see him making breakfast for her without having an ulterior motive.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, CCTC said:

I know people (legitimately) are not happy with the scenes between Emma and her parents, but I think David and Emma have a good rapport and father-daughter chemistry, and I can see him making breakfast for her without having an ulterior motive.

I'm completely down with whatever scene there is with David and Emma. This is what people wanted, normal, every day stuff. What's more normal than a father cooking for his daughter? They're taking time outside the crisis and he's cooking. Ulterior motive or not, this is something I wanna see happen. Plus Emma and David usually have good scenes together. As far as parents go, he actually gets her.

Edited by YaddaYadda