Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

It definitely sounds like something concrete happened in the past. I just hope it is something that feels realistic for the character, and not just shoe-horned in there to delay or disrupt the Emma/Hook relationship, or to draw out the UST for ages. It would have to be something that is an issue in this specific relationship, but wasn't in previous ones.

Well, there really aren't any previous ones. The only ones she had before were with Neal and Walsh, and if the issue is "my magic gets screwy", then this would be the first time the fear applies, because it's the first time she's actually aware that it's her doing those things, not just exceptionally bad luck.

Hurting a sibling in the past would make it connect with Elsa - either Snowflake or, to connect it with her past, the Swans' child (the one who "sent her back" when they had her own - what if they didn't? What if they were planning to keep her - that's what most people do, including my own family - but then her magic did something and they decided they couldn't keep her?)

As for why this is only being brought up now - well, the real reason is because the writers only thought of it now. But, you know, there are ways to explain it: Emma didn't actually believe in magic in all of season 1. She didn't know she had magic until Cora failed to take her heart at the end of 2A, and that was only "passive" magic. The first actual bit of "active", on purpose magic she did were the dog thing and the protection spell in 2B, and then saving the town at the end, but those were still bits of "protective" magic. She basically didn't use her magic at all in 3A (correct me if I'm wrong). If she does use it more in 4A, and accidentally hurts someone, that could bring up repressed memories of doing so during her childhood. 

But poor girl, though. I mean, every guy she's been interested in dies (Graham, Neal, Monkey Boy, adult August might as well be dead...), so I don't blame her for being apprehensive when it comes to Hook. So that, on top of even more emotional baggage from her past? Yikes.

Hey, maybe she'll even get to bring up Graham while Regina whines about how Emma ruined her relationship! /wishfulthinking

• Love 1
(edited)

Emma was abused as a child. We know that. For certain, her emotional needs were neglected and neglect is a passive form of abuse. Whether anything physical ever occurred, I don't know, but she was definitely emotionally abused. And I'm sorry, but they need to show this visually. Stop having Emma occasionally talk about it and instead show the terror, confusion and sadness of a tiny little girl being thrown back into the system by her foster parents. They didn't have a problem showing young Pinocchio being treated like crap by a foster father, so why not Emma? It's not necessary to show her being slapped around, but they desperately need to give the audience a visual that underscores her past and helps them understand just why Emma has these walls and how damn tall and thick they must be.

That said, if they go the route of Emma is suddenly scared of hurting people with her uncontrollable magic because she lets her walls down, I call foul. Just no. If she had incidents in the past, even if they were repressed memories, wouldn't she have shown flashes of hurting people in the last few years? Hook's nice and all, but she loves Henry a lot, so wouldn't she have gotten angry, sad, scared, protective about things happening to Henry in the last couple of years that would have resulted in these magic issues? Shouldn't she have been worried about possibly hurting Henry? It doesn't make sense that falling for Hook would suddenly bring this up as a problem. Wouldn't she have had the same fears with Neal? How come opening herself up and loving Walsh didn't bring out these magic problems? Not buying it for a second, but I totally see them suddenly making this into a thing for the purpose of a Frozen parallel.

I agree we should have seen Emma's chilhood, and we have had a lot of moments for it (Lost girl was such a missed oportunitu). But to go there now it feels like an afterthougth. I can see the writers thinking "we are in season 4, Emma can't be happy yet, lets show her crappy childhood now". Edited by RadioGirl27

I agree we should have seen Emma's chilhood, and we have had a lot of moments for it (Lost girl was such a missed oportunitu). But to go there now it feels like an afterthougth. I can see the writers thinking "we are in season 4, Emma can't be happy yet, lets show her crappy childhood now".

I agree we should have seen it sooner and it will feel like poor pacing to suddenly delve into it in season 4 (if that is indeed what they're going to do).  But I would much rather have poor pacing than them just never delving into that aspect of her character.  It's too important to who she is.  Since they can't go back in time and rewrite earlier seasons, I'll settle for getting it now.

• Love 4
(edited)

I hope this whole storyline about Emma "letting go" of whatever this major thing from her past is so she can go all-in on a relationship with Hook doesn't extend over the entire half-season. I mean, I fully recognize that one doesn't get over traumatic things overnight, and I'm ALL FOR Emma backstory. And I have many, many years of watching TV under my belt, including copious amounts of daytime soaps, so I know allllllll about how storylines are dragged out for angsty dramatic effect. But it does sound awfully similar to the Emma storyline in 3B, so I'm afraid it could get tiresome to watch or overly repetitive if it goes on the entire season/half-season.

If they're doing the original Snow Queen story with Elizabeth Mitchell's character, I could see this happening: The first part of 4A is Emma dealing with this emotional barrier. Then, just when she has a breakthrough, Hook "conveniently" gets hit with the frozen heart/ocular mirror shards/whatever they go with to represent that part of the story, and he goes cold or pulls away. For the full angst hit, probably before he finds out what her deal is, so she thinks she pushed him away too much and he's given up on her. Or, if we're lucky, it'll be an extremely short/half-ep period of happiness for them. So the back half of 4A is Emma doing the Gerta thing to try to save/reclaim him.

I don't have any doubts that it will all be fine in the end, it's just balancing that period of angst between "oooh, delicious drama" and "for heaven's sake, get the eff on with it!"

Edited by Souris
  • Love 7
(edited)

I mean, how much can she really be pulling away if they're kissing in the first three episodes? Maybe she won't be ready to emotionally open up completely to him, but it won't be like 3B. Enter Elsa, who has some of the same issues (which is why I believe it's gonna be something more "afraid of hurting someone with magic" and not "childhood abuse" that's gonna be her problem. I mean, Elsa was abused by her parents too in a way, but I don't think Disney wants that pointed out too much. Also, Jen did say it's not about "protecting her heart", but rather about protecting others) and is somewhat removed from the situation, and Emma will be able to open up with her.

Edited by Serena

I could see it being a bit of "two steps forward, one step back" thing. Like, they're progressing and kissing and exploring a relationship, but then he could get caught in her magical crossfire, and that freaks her out and makes her take that step back because it brings up those traumatic associations.

• Love 1

I agree we should have seen it sooner and it will feel like poor pacing to suddenly delve into it in season 4 (if that is indeed what they're going to do).  But I would much rather have poor pacing than them just never delving into that aspect of her character.  It's too important to who she is.  Since they can't go back in time and rewrite earlier seasons, I'll settle for getting it now.

Oh, I agree. In Spanish we say "Más vale tarde que nunca" (better later than never), and I want to see a flashback to Emma's childhood (if we are going to get one, because for all we know all this stuff can be reduced to a conversation between Emma and Elsa).

What bother me it's that we have had three seasons of flashbacks, many of them repetitive and unsubstantial, and yet we never got that flashback, one that was actually necessary. And we are getting it now because of Frozen and angst, not because the writers think it's important, because if they thought it was, we would have had it before. That what bothers me, the bad pacing and the reasons behind it, not the possible flashback. And because after seeing how they have dealt (or not dealt) with Graham's rape and Milah's death, I'm actually scared about how they would deal with it.

• Love 1

What gives me hope is that both Jen and Colin talked a lot about Emma and Hook working to make this relationship work. So I get the feeling it's more of Emma dragging her feet a little than shutting him down with a cold shoulder. From the sounds of it both have issues they're going to be working on indvidually and together.

• Love 3

Perhaps Emma finds herself doing something other than pure white magic. So far, she's mainly done magic to save the ones she loves. It comes from a pure place. But Regina has shown that both white and dark magic can exist in the same person.

I can totally see a young three year old Emma using magic on a younger sibling which comes from a less than a pure intention. Young children can actually be dangerous around newborns because they don't yet have the comprehision of death and permanent damage. Their place in the family is being challenged. These kinds of emotions wouldn't necessarily show up when she was with Neal where it was all happy-times until it was without warning ended. They would have appeared when Henry was being threatened, but her magical powers were too buried at that point. She can do damage with her magic (she burned Zelena and Cora), so I could see Emma getting overly emotional (angry or frightened or upset) and something less than desirable happening.

It's a combination of more refined magical abilities, stronger connections with more people and a realization that it is she causing these things to happen (and it isn't just bad luck).

Evil isn't born or made...it's chosen. So, Emma having the ability to do darker magic doesn't make her the equivalent of Regina (the show probably won't see it that way).

• Love 2
How could she use magic as a kid if she was raised in the Land Without Magic?

I think it's because she's innately magical. Don't forget that Emma's magic worked in the flashback scenes in 3x01 when she was giving birth to Henry....

• Love 4

A possibility of Elsa/Emma friendship is basically the thing I'm most looking towards in 4A. Well, and maybe Emma/Will, if he indeed has some trouble with the law, could be a fun dynamic. Otherwise, not looking good.

I think it's because she's innately magical. Don't forget that Emma's magic worked in the flashback scenes in 3x01 when she was giving birth to Henry....

Was that Emma's magic, or just something super special about Henry we don't know about yet?

• Love 1

I don't think that scene really matters either way. We know for sure Emma is innately magical and we also know for sure innately magical beings or objects that have magical properties retain that in land of no magic. The NYC dragon that got zapped by Tamara for example had magic. I think that was when Adam and Eddy gave the caveat about naturally magical beings still being magical in land of no magic. So Emma, Elsa, and Zelena that were born with magic can do magic outside of Storybrook. Rumple, Cora and Woegina can't. It's also the reason they gave for Hook's ship and Rumple's scarf still being magical objects outside of Storybrook.

• Love 1
(edited)

New official photos of Elsa and Kristoff here:

http://tvline.com/gallery/frozen-once-upon-a-time-pics-elsa-kristoff/#!1/georgina-haig/

Still not interested in this storyline.

Kristoff looks better in the new photos. First Sven picture! Elsa isn't much to write home about.

I'd probably feel better about the Frozen characters if I didn't know they're going to be "terminated" after 4A.

Really, that, and the fact that I didn't like the film that much and I think that only Elsa was an interesting character, you can see why I'm not interested.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

Kristoff looks better in the new photos. First Sven picture! Elsa isn't much to write home about.

I'd probably feel better about the Frozen characters if I didn't know they're going to be "terminated" after 4A.

What gives me hope is that both Jen and Colin talked a lot about Emma and Hook working to make this relationship work. So I get the feeling it's more of Emma dragging her feet a little than shutting him down with a cold shoulder. From the sounds of it both have issues they're going to be working on indvidually and together.

But every time an interviewer asked "Will we see Emma and Hook's relationship progressing?" they answered "It's complicated." Not even a "yes, but..." That may just be because they only know up to about episode four, but it makes me think they're going to drag it out awhile. I'd put money on what @Souris said -- Emma will figure her shit out just as something is happening to Hook. I agree this is pretty standard TV fodder and to be expected, but I agree it could walk a very fine line into "tiresome."

• Love 2
New official photos of Elsa and Kristoff here:

Poor Sven. He's shedding his winter coat and looks a little rough. Who wants to make their big television debut when they are having a bad fur day?

• Love 5
Was that Emma's magic, or just something super special about Henry we don't know about yet?

IIRC, at NYCC last year Adam confirmed that it's Emma's magic (or Eddy, but I think it was Adam -- I was at the panel, but my memory is fuzzy since it was so long ago). Emma's magic was causing electrical discharges because her magic spills out of her (uncontrolled) when her emotions are heightened.  I do know for sure that they confirmed that in the pilot of the series that the electrical discharges that cause the power lines to fritz when she first arrives in Storybrooke is Emma's magic at play. They mention it in the Blu-ray audio commentary IIRC and have confirmed it in other media interviews.

• Love 1

I believe this Jen/Colin interview hasn't been posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LIBknSbakw0

"Emma is Elsa to Hook's Anna?" so maybe the hurting with magic theory is correct? Or maybe she's talking about the pulling away from him.

ETA: http://www.eonline.com/videos/224613/ouat-creators-tease-frozen-cross-over-surprises

I hate that I'm such a shipper and I'm getting excited about Hook and Emma's date.

Edited by MaiLuna

But every time an interviewer asked "Will we see Emma and Hook's relationship progressing?" they answered "It's complicated." Not even a "yes, but..." That may just be because they only know up to about episode four, but it makes me think they're going to drag it out awhile. I'd put money on what @Souris said -- Emma will figure her shit out just as something is happening to Hook. I agree this is pretty standard TV fodder and to be expected, but I agree it could walk a very fine line into "tiresome."

I very well could be setting myself up for disappointment. It's just the positive vibe I get from the interviews. Both are so happy to be talking about the relationship and things they'll be dealing with indvidiually and as a couple. From the sounds of things they'll be trying to make things work even though it's not going to be an easy go of it. That they'll be dealing with the issues and not just another round of Hook pining and Emma shutting him down.

Throw in the passion comments, the knowing smiles about there being some stuff, and now the first date news, and I feel like it might actually be interesting to watch them navigate this next phase. I certainly hope there's enough substance there because I know Jen and Colin can sell the hell out of it.

MaiLuna, it's ridiculous and a bit embarrassing how excited I can get about simple news like a first date. Lord help me because can you just imagine Jen and Colin working that scene? Oh boy.

Edited by Emma
  • Love 2

Kristin still irrationally annoys me. It goes back all the way to when she was going by Wanda. Anyway....

Since Colin said the date hadn't happened yet, it's not in the first ep. I think they were in the middle of shooting ep 2 during Comic Con.

So where can you go on a date in Storybrooke? Seems like it's either Granny's or the Rabbit Hole. Or the new ice cream shop. Everybody in town is totally gonna be all up in their business, aren't they? I expect it will get large headline font in the next day's Mirror. Or everybody could be all, "Wait, you weren't dating already? Everybody totally thought you were." Or maybe Ruby was running a Date Pool over when they'd finally hook up, and Grumpy immediately goes over to collect his winnings. Oh, my mind is coming up with so many fun things. Fanficcers, start your engines!

I bet the cast already never, ever, ever wants to hear the word "frozen" again. If I were them, I would wake up screaming in the middle of the night with the word echoing in my head.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 3

I bet the cast already never, ever, ever wants to hear the word "frozen" again. If I were them, I would wake up screaming in the middle of the night with the word echoing in my head.

Words I never want to hear again: complicated, addict.

• Love 2

My  fantasy is for Grumpy to run a town gossip blog caller the Town Crier or The Town Tattler, where he shares the juicy salacious type gossip.  All the news that is not fit to print.

The date must be in either episode 2 or 3. It can't be 1 because they've finished filming, and it can't be 4 because Colin hasn't read that script yet and he didn't seem surprised when Kristin mentioned it. Considering 3 seems to be the episode where Emma's problems come out, I'm betting on that one.

Hm.... So just putting all of this together, does this mean Hook will in fact be wearing his new outfit on his date with Emma? Both seem to be coming up in the third episode.

If the new outfit and the date are related, then Colin might know about it without having read the script.

JMo said the "thing" that's holding her back is revealed at the end of episode three, right? (Or did I just make up "the end" part myself? Too much information lately). My predicted timeline, then, is that she comes clean (either to Hook or herself) about what has been holding her back in episode three and that is the catalyst for her agreeing to a date, which takes place in four and inspires the new look. The date will, of course, be interrupted by some sort of crisis.

• Love 1

If the new outfit and the date are related, then Colin might know about it without having read the script.

JMo said the "thing" that's holding her back is revealed at the end of episode three, right? (Or did I just make up "the end" part myself? Too much information lately). My predicted timeline, then, is that she comes clean (either to Hook or herself) about what has been holding her back in episode three and that is the catalyst for her agreeing to a date, which takes place in four and inspires the new look. The date will, of course, be interrupted by some sort of crisis.

Jen did say at the end of episode 3, yes.

She could come clean on the date... or the date could go terribly because she won't come clean, and then when she realizes it's holding them back, she might come clean at the end?

Stephen Jackson posted this a few hours ago: it definitely looks like a shephard!Charming location. So 3 is definitely a Charming centric, and I'm guessing 2 is Regina-centric... if they go with the "usual" order, then 4 will be Rumple and 5 Hook.

Possible crack!theory on episode 3: Charming was friends with Will when he was young. Now in Storybrooke, Will is still thieving, as it's hard to change who you are. Charming doesn't want to have to arrest Will so he enlists Hook as a deputy. Bammo! Hook gets to reflect on how he's 'still a pirate' and changes out of the garb for the deputy uniform Emma didn't want to wear in season one.

The more interviews I listen to, the more it sounds like Hook gets A new outfit, not a whole new wardrobe. And I don't know how many shirts/sweaters/jackets they'd want to alter to fit the hook.

Also, has it ever been established when Will went back to Wonderland? For all we know, it still hasn't happened yet and that's why there's no Ana.

• Love 2
Stephen Jackson posted this a few hours ago: it definitely looks like a shephard!Charming location. So 3 is definitely a Charming centric, and I'm guessing 2 is Regina-centric... if they go with the "usual" order, then 4 will be Rumple and 5 Hook.

If episode 3 is the one where Will apears for the first time it can be Will centric, with a scene with him meeting Charming for the first time in Enchanted Forest.

Possible crack!theory on episode 3: Charming was friends with Will when he was young. Now in Storybrooke, Will is still thieving, as it's hard to change who you are. Charming doesn't want to have to arrest Will so he enlists Hook as a deputy. Bammo! Hook gets to reflect on how he's 'still a pirate' and changes out of the garb for the deputy uniform Emma didn't want to wear in season one.

Crack!theory but not completely out there. He could maybe even "borrow" Graham's old bomber jacket to cover the hook. But does he have to wear a tie with that shirt or can he wear it with the first four buttons undone? Because I can't see him agreeing to that otherwise.

It could also bring up the issues Jen kept hinting at as well. Perhaps seeing Hook in the deputy garb would bring up her emotions from losing Graham, which could be a stumbling block, especially if Regina is vengeful for the whole Marian thing.

• Love 1

Crack!theory but not completely out there. He could maybe even "borrow" Graham's old bomber jacket to cover the hook. But does he have to wear a tie with that shirt or can he wear it with the first four buttons undone? Because I can't see him agreeing to that otherwise.

It could also bring up the issues Jen kept hinting at as well. Perhaps seeing Hook in the deputy garb would bring up her emotions from losing Graham, which could be a stumbling block, especially if Regina is vengeful for the whole Marian thing.

That's the part that put it into the crack!theory instead of genuine possibility for me. I can't imagine a Hook where we don't see at least a little of the chest hair.

If episode 3 is the one where Will apears for the first time it can be Will centric, with a scene with him meeting Charming for the first time in Enchanted Forest.

And maybe Will can have a wig so bad it can rival the crappy shepherd!David one! The basis of their friendship can come from trading hair grooming tips.

• Love 2

I was thinking Kristoff could be the childhood friend, but isn't he like almost ten years younger than Charming? He's Elsa's age, I believe.

(Although if Charming's kingdom is Arendelle and King George took it over, I would be a happy duck)

Edited by KingOfHearts

A little bit about filming on the 28-29.

http://killianindisneyland.tumblr.com/post/93489702988/ouat-shooting-28-7-and-29-7

It was in Staney Park (a huge park with lots of woods)

Mainly Elsa, Emma, Hook and Charming. Rumple shot for a bit (with Elsa probably)
    Massive wall of ice made out of styrofoam…
    Elizabeth Mitchell was on set!!!!!!!!!
    The sheriff car was there

There's a little more in the link but not about filming.

• Love 1

Ah, first Elizabeth Mitchell sighting! They're on Ep. 3 now, correct? That's gonna be a packed ep: EM's character, Will's introduction, Charming flashback, revelation of Emma's past trauma.

I'm thinking Elsa will be the person Emma talks to about her past trauma, especially if it's magic-related, since Elsa will know where she's coming from.

Edited by Souris

Jen did say at the end of episode 3, yes.

She could come clean on the date... or the date could go terribly because she won't come clean, and then when she realizes it's holding them back, she might come clean at the end?

Also possible. My other reason for thinking a date will be later rather than sooner, though, is just that the whole town is apparently, ahem, frozen and there is a giant snowman and such, so I feel like they might let all that drama settle before getting back to more day-to-day things? (Of course, they all did plenty of day to day things while an extremely powerful witch hellbent on destroying the town was on the loose, so who knows?)

I really can't see Hook donning a deputy's uniform. Too symbolic given he threw away his navy uniform, and just doesn't seem his style. Clearly he will be one of the main crime-fighting forces in the town, but I doubt it'll be official any time soon and even then... nah, I just don't see him in a uniform. I think it is possible the new outfit isn't a permanent thing -- a one-off for a date, maybe -- but I don't think the show would have leaked that info if there wasn't at least going to be decent payoff for the audience. 

Making Killian an officer of the law could resonate with A&E since they did a similar thing in Lost with Sawyer, a life-long criminal who became head of security when he went back in time, and a cop in the alt-verse. 

I don't think this interview with Robert and Emilie has been posted yet? He says that in episode two, they come home from their honeymoon in the middle of the night and Henry is waiting in the store, and he and Gold have their first "personal conversation," helping Henry with his "problems."  

Racking my brain to think what problem he could have that he couldn't go to Emma or Regina or Charming or Snow or Hook about?

Here is the full clip (the last one that I posted just had audio for half of it). Damn. That cell she's kept him in.

I think Sidney needs to join the Belle/Robin support group because he looks so happy to do her a favour after she's kept  him locked in that cell forever. I suppose we won't know where he was during the missing year and I guess Snow's curse plunked him back in his cell (I'm sure that means she's just as evil as Regina).

So, just to be clear...Regina can do white magic without a heart and with some dude in solitary for a crime he did not commit?  Okay, then.  I suppose that she still has a vault full of hearts too.

That clip was great...the clothes, the shoes, the walk, the manipulation. Mayor Mills is back.  So, I am thinking this is a flashback after the curse broke (to explain where Sydney has been all along..)  or a dream.  However, I hope it is now and somehow Elsa's arrival "froze," the magic in Storybrooke, so Regina has to go back to her good old Mayor Mills days.

I would love it if she was acting like she was reformed and being nice to everyone while Sydney does her dirty work (drugging Marion and putting her in Doctor Whale's bed maybe???.. Regina: "I was as shocked as everyone that the poor girl is a sex addict! Emma watch Henry I need to go over and console Robin.. "    They wont do it as these goofs like to rely on magic to get them out of having to write things logically but one can hope. 

Sydney really deserves everything he gets, he has been Regina's rag for so long. And he took the rap for her to begin with so this is where it leads you.

Edited by Mitch

Also, has it ever been established when Will went back to Wonderland? For all we know, it still hasn't happened yet and that's why there's no Ana.

It was supposed to be during the S2 premiere. The town was half destroyed by the wraith.

Also possible. My other reason for thinking a date will be later rather than sooner, though, is just that the whole town is apparently, ahem, frozen and there is a giant snowman and such, so I feel like they might let all that drama settle before getting back to more day-to-day things? (Of course, they all did plenty of day to day things while an extremely powerful witch hellbent on destroying the town was on the loose, so who knows?^

Really, the fans on trumblr are really exited about the date, but for all we know it can happen in the last episode of this half season. This show is plot, plot, plot all the time, so I don't see them slowing thing at the beggining of the season to introduce a date, unless they want it to end really bad.

I really can't see Hook donning a deputy's uniform. Too symbolic given he threw away his navy uniform, and just doesn't seem his style. Clearly he will be one of the main crime-fighting forces in the town, but I doubt it'll be official any time soon and even then... nah, I just don't see him in a uniform. I think it is possible the new outfit isn't a permanent thing -- a one-off for a date, maybe -- but I don't think the show would have leaked that info if there wasn't at least going to be decent payoff for the audience.

I really hope they don't change the pirate attire for the deputy's uniform, or to put him Graham's bomber. That would be wrong on so many levels.

Here it is an article about Frozen and Once. This bit explains why I dislake so much that they are doing Frozen. So they are just doing a secuel to the film, but on tv and with actors.

Executive producers Adam Horowitz and Eddie Kitsis told us that they deliberately did not put a twist on the Frozen characters, because the storyline will be airing so soon after the movies. The storyline will pick up with Anna planning her wedding to Kristoff.

This show is plot, plot, plot all the time, so I don't see them slowing thing at the beggining of the season to introduce a date, unless they want it to end really bad.

As much as I want those crazy kids to get together, I honestly think their first date won't go so great. First off, Hook probably hasn't gone on a "proper date" in hundreds of years. And he certainly doesn't know our "real world" dating customs yet, unless he's read up on them at the Storybrooke Library. Then there's the weekly Storybrooke crisis to always worry about, so whenever they do fit in a date, it will probably be interrupted somehow. And on top of all that, there's Emma's internal issues.

So, yeah. I'm betting that first date won't be smooth sailing. (But I'm oddly okay with that. If they write it like a romantic comedy where it's intentionally funny, that's fine. If they write it way too seriously and throw in a bunch of angst, though... ugh, just... no thank you.)

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

As much as I want those crazy kids to get together, I honestly think their first date won't go so great. First off, Hook probably hasn't gone on a "proper date" in hundreds of years. And he certainly doesn't know our "real world" dating customs yet, unless he's read up on them at the Storybrooke Library. Then there's the weekly Storybrooke crisis to always worry about, so whenever they do fit in a date, it will probably be interrupted somehow. And on top of all that, there's Emma's internal issues.

So, yeah. I'm betting that first date won't be smooth sailing. (But I'm oddly okay with that. If they write it like a romantic comedy where it's intentionally funny, that's fine. If they write it way too seriously and throw in a bunch of angst, though... ugh, just... no thank you.)

Oh, yeah, that for sure. That date would be a disaster, I just hope it's a funny one and not an angsty one. But what I mean by bad is something outside the date, like there is an attack or something like that. Like they think everything is right because Elsa is actually a nice girl so they go on a date, and then the real big bad appears causing havoc.

So I just now watched the SDCC sneak peeks.

The Regina/Sidney was a little bit epic for me. The camera shots were really neat, and it felt very S1. It made me miss Mayor Mills, especially with Regina's costume. As far as backsliding goes, it would be very in character for Regina. However, it has me scratching my head on what the writers intended for Regina's 3B redemption. If it was all a misdirection and Regina actually goes back to full-on evil, that would be far more interesting than sainthood for her.

Elsa and Anna clip was intriguing. I'm glad to finally hear their voices and see how Anna looks. I can definitely see the perkiness in her from the movie. I can't make a good judgement on their acting from that short scene, though. I'm more impressed with Anna's look than Elsa's at the moment.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
So, just to be clear...Regina can do white magic without a heart and with some dude in solitary for a crime he did not commit?

For a crime she committed. You know, when she tried to frame Mary Margaret for murder. But Mary Margaret's not allowed to be angry about that and Regina doesn't have to apologize and can get angry when she, an actual murderer, is suspected of murder.

But yay, white love pure soul magic!

• Love 7