Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Sadly, I don't think this is a Regina episode. It's a Zelena episode, which is why Bex is doing the press for it. Flashbacks are Regina/Zelena, present is Zelena & Hades, Regina angsting over how to deal with her sister and them dealing with Cora, James replacing David, Cruella kidnapping Pistachio and Pan/Rumpel conspiring to kidnap Zelena. That's a lot to cover in 42 minutes. I don't expect a lot of depth to come out of this episode at all. Plus, it was co-written by hyperbolic writer Brigette Hales, so who knows what we'll get.

Plus, it was co-written by hyperbolic writer Brigette Hales, so who knows what we'll get.

True, but it was also co-written by David Goodman who is arguably the best writer left on this writing team.

I was thinking that maybe he doesn't die, but sacrifices himself for everyone and ends up having to stay in the Underworld & he is now the one in charge of the Underworld?

Maybe the video of him & Roland reuniting was actually him being able to come back one last time to say goodbye. At least for now? Until they can figure out a way to get him back for good?

I dunno just a thought.

SiobhanJW, on 23 Apr 2016 - 2:19 PM, said:

I was thinking that maybe he doesn't die, but sacrifices himself for everyone and ends up having to stay in the Underworld & he is now the one in charge of the Underworld?

Maybe the video of him & Roland reuniting was actually him being able to come back one last time to say goodbye. At least for now? Until they can figure out a way to get him back for good?

I dunno just a thought.

I was thinking something similar - that once Hades is defeated Robin somehow ends up in charge (for whatever reason). After all, there's no rule that the UW has to be cruel, is there and Robin would be the right person to do good in the UW/help those in the UW move on. But then I remembered they are having a funeral and I thought that doesn't fit as the funeral suggests it's goodbye (if it is Robin's funeral, which I am assuming it is). If he were in charge of the UW, however, would they need a funeral? Hades was able to visit the "normal" world, so wouldn't Robin be?

I was thinking something similar - that once Hades is defeated Robin somehow ends up in charge (for whatever reason). After all, there's no rule that the UW has to be cruel, is there and Robin would be the right person to do good in the UW/help those in the UW move on. But then I remembered they are having a funeral and I thought that doesn't fit as the funeral suggests it's goodbye (if it is Robin's funeral, which I am assuming it is). If he were in charge of the UW, however, would they need a funeral? Hades was able to visit the "normal" world, so wouldn't Robin be?

Maybe he can't visit right away?

Maybe it's something like a Will Turner situation from Pirates where Will only appeared every 7 years, it'll will be something similar?

I'd hate for him to be stuck in the Underworld and have Emma or Killian be filled with guilt. But I'm thinking Robin asks Hook to replace his name on Regina's. This is so fucked up because he has two small children. The writers barely gave him anything to do in his last few episodes. I hope Marian kicks his ass in the after life for dating her murderer...i mean her sisters murderer.

At this point though I'm just glad its a white male dying on tv. I'm so sick of women or PoC dying.

Edited by mjgchick
But I'm thinking Robin asks Hook to replace his name on Regina's. This is so fucked up because he has two small children.

Robin doesn't have to ask for anything. 

In the first sneak peek, Hades tells Zelena that after the Charmings pulled the switcheroo between Snow and David, that he put everyone's names on headstones. That should include Robin, and Henry too.

• Love 1

So then he likely dies in Storybrook. I just can't see him saying he'll stay in the Underworld to rule the place. Why not just have Hook do it? Hook isn't a father nor is he related to anyone. He's just the love of Emma's life.

I think he definitely dies in Storybrooke. First of all, we saw him with Roland. Second, I think having a "funeral" for him when he's technically alive but just stuck in another world is weird. Also weird would be the Nevengers just going "Ooops, guess he's stuck, nothing we can do.". Literal death didn't stop them for Hook, and they're just gonna give up for Robin? After this storyline, the only way I can see them giving up is if he dies and has no unfinished business, so he goes directly to Heaven (or wherever it is that people like Liam, Neal and Henry Sr. went). At that point, I can see them saying, "Well, he's happy, it would be selfish to try to pull him back.". Even if he loves Regina and his kids, it makes sense. Neal had a kid and loves Emma too, but he didn't express any desire to come back...

• Love 2

For me the deal breaker with Robin is Roland and the Merry Men leaving Storybrooke with the gang from Camelot.

Why would they send his kid away if there was a chance they might come back? When the rumors came out that Robin might have died, I thought for certain Roland was staying put in Storybrooke. But he's not. I know that child is with his true parent, but still.

• Love 3

So then he likely dies in Storybrook. I just can't see him saying he'll stay in the Underworld to rule the place. Why not just have Hook do it? Hook isn't a father nor is he related to anyone. He's just the love of Emma's life.

Not sure if this was meant in a serious tone. But I would hope a person's worth is not diminished becasue they are not married, or a parent, nor related to the main group by blood ties. 

I think he definitely dies in Storybrooke. First of all, we saw him with Roland. Second, I think having a "funeral" for him when he's technically alive but just stuck in another world is weird. Also weird would be the Nevengers just going "Ooops, guess he's stuck, nothing we can do.". Literal death didn't stop them for Hook, and they're just gonna give up for Robin? After this storyline, the only way I can see them giving up is if he dies and has no unfinished business, so he goes directly to Heaven (or wherever it is that people like Liam, Neal and Henry Sr. went). At that point, I can see them saying, "Well, he's happy, it would be selfish to try to pull him back.". Even if he loves Regina and his kids, it makes sense. Neal had a kid and loves Emma too, but he didn't express any desire to come back...

But would Robin be able to move on, knowing he's left two children behind, one of whom is a newborn? Maybe the Underworld ceases to exist after the Nevengers are done with it. That might be used to explain why the Nevergers aren't going back to the UW to save Robin the way they did with Hook.

Not sure if this was meant in a serious tone. But I would hope a person's worth is not diminished becasue they are not married, or a parent, nor related to the main group by blood ties.

I just mean wouldn't Hook decide to stay because Robin is a father of two. He wouldn't want Robin to come to the Underworld to help save him only for him to sacrifice everything including his two children being raised (with two crazy people.) without a father. I'm not trying to diminish Hook's importance I'm thinking of it in Hooks POV.

I agree that I can't see Hook, or any of them really, letting Robin basically take one for the team and essentially leaving his two young children orphaned. It's not about Robin. It's about Roland and to a lesser extent Pistachio. I say lesser because Roland knows Robin as his father so it would be harder on him to not have a father anymore. I can't imagine any of them being all "sure, Robin, abandon your children, no big". So if this is the way things go, I hope it isn't a choice because I will have a really hard time accepting that everyone would just let the guy with two small children "die". I can only see the Charmings not volunteering because they, too, have an infant to go back to and have the stigma of having abandoned their first child. I'm sure Neil is their do-over kid. Regina, if push came to shove, would surrender herself to make sure Roland has his father. She knows Henry has Emma and is okay with that now. I could see Emma surrendering herself because she feels guilty for them all going down there and for bringing Hook back which is what started this mess.

• Love 1

If the baby's name is Robin then I suspect we will know the nature of Robin's death before we know the baby's name. Or, if he does die in the UW or will have to die within a certain time frame upon his return to the normal world, that he and Zelena will agree on Robin as a name because of the permanent nature of his death.

I doubt they're trading Hook's life in for Robin's because that would make very little sense.

Robin is going back to Storybrooke, so whatever happens to him, that's where it happens, and not in the Underworld. Plus it sounds like Hades will be going to Storybrooke too, add Arthur to the mix, and we're looking at something that's potentially volatile. Since Hades has been shown to have people do his bidding, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get Arthur to do just that with pretty bad results.

• Love 4

I feel like Zelena will come up with the name "Robin" on her own as a kind of olive-branch gesture to Regina, since the writers are developing their relationship. And of course the kid's name will be Robin, it's the only way the quotes about it being "amazing" fit.

As for why Robin would move on since he has a kid... well, so did Neal. As long as he reasonably believes they're in good hands...

• Love 5

I feel like Zelena will come up with the name "Robin" on her own as a kind of olive-branch gesture to Regina, since the writers are developing their relationship. And of course the kid's name will be Robin, it's the only way the quotes about it being "amazing" fit.

Plus Zelena was the one making fun of all those names back in 5x16, and hoping Robin hadn't named the kid Marian. 

Like everyone said, if the name is Robin, there's a fat chance of him ever coming back, unless it's as a ghost, or a la Neal with meaningless revelations.

There is no way Robin's death is going to be Emma's fault. He's a grown man, and he volunteered to come to the UW in the #savehook mission.

Hook can't volunteer to trade his life for Robin's because he is already dead. Besides, no amount of nobility on his part is going to make Emma feel good about the fact that Hook chooses not to come back with her to Sb after everything. Hook already decided that he wanted a future with Emma.

If anything, Regina might volunteer. She was ready to trade her life for his when the Fury came for him, despite Henry. We know Robin would never agree to that, but it makes more sense if the writers keep any potential drama surrounding Robin's death confined to Regina, Robin, and Zelena.

I think yadda yadda has an excellent point about Arthur being thrown into the mix once everyone gets back to the Real World. He is the assh*le who mortally wounded Hook after all. It quite likely he ends up being the cause of Robin's death.

As for why Robin would move on since he has a kid... well, so did Neal. As long as he reasonably believes they're in good hands...

Hahahahhahahha.

Regina and Zelena? Good hands?  

Well, maybe if the kids are with Little John.   Or even Shady Blue.

There is no way Robin's death is going to be Emma's fault. He's a grown man, and he volunteered to come to the UW in the #savehook mission.

It would make sense that it's something to do with Arthur, but this is the same show that blamed Emma when Regina's . . . two date something broke up with her because past Regina hadn't been allowed to murder his beloved wife.

They're capable of finding a way to make it Emma's fault.  I have faith in that. 

• Love 2
Mathius, on 24 Apr 2016 - 9:23 PM, said:

I am almost certain Arthur will kill Robin, and then he himself gets killed afterward.

Not ruling out anything, though I keep wondering if maybe his death will connect to the Fury. We did have that boat from the UW coming in that episode, so maybe they tied the death to that somehow? (Or am I giving the showrunners too much credit here?)

I doubt the Fury is being revisited. The fact that Sean was last seen on set filming a crowd scene that included Merida outside of city hall indicates to me that it's the fight against Arthur (which I believe is taken into the woods) where Robin dies.

Edited by Mathius

I doubt the Fury is being revisited. The fact that Sean was last seen on set filming a crowd scene that included Merida outside of city hall indicates to me that it's the fight against Arthur (which I believe is taken into the woods) where Robin dies.

So if he dies in the woods does anyone think he'll do the shoot the arrow and 'bury me where it lands ' thing as per the original legend??
  • Love 1

So if he dies in the woods does anyone think he'll do the shoot the arrow and 'bury me where it lands ' thing as per the original legend??

It would be HILARIOUS if following the legend is the last thing this show's Robin does.

Like, really? He can only behave like the actual Robin Hood legend when dying?

Edited by Mathius

I just had the craziest spoiler theory and I'm kind of afraid to throw it out into the universe, but I have to share it anyways...

It looks like Robin is 99% dying at the end of this arc, and Hades doesn't seem to be coming out of it alive either, so that leaves Zelena and Regina single and ready to mingle next season. We've seen finale photos of Zelena hanging out with Jekyll and Regina interacting with Hyde. If Jekyll and Hyde are actually one person...are we going to have a soap opera love triangle with Zelena and Regina fighting over the same guy?

If Jekyll and Hyde are actually one person...are we going to have a soap opera love triangle with Zelena and Regina fighting over the same guy?

♫ Lord help the mister who comes between me and my sister

And Lord help the sister, who comes between me and my man... ♫

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 10
Curio, on 24 Apr 2016 - 10:57 PM, said:

We've seen finale photos of Zelena hanging out with Jekyll and Regina interacting with Hyde. If Jekyll and Hyde are actually one person...are we going to have a soap opera love triangle with Zelena and Regina fighting over the same guy?

Oh, please no! Just no!

WHY WOULD YOU PUT THAT OUT THERE?

You know what, if it keeps them away from the Whites I'm ok with that. lol

Everyone gets TLKs but Captain Swan has to do an obstacle course to prove they are true love. I hope I have drinks next week because I might die.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 3

I just had the craziest spoiler theory and I'm kind of afraid to throw it out into the universe, but I have to share it anyways...

It looks like Robin is 99% dying at the end of this arc, and Hades doesn't seem to be coming out of it alive either, so that leaves Zelena and Regina single and ready to mingle next season. We've seen finale photos of Zelena hanging out with Jekyll and Regina interacting with Hyde. If Jekyll and Hyde are actually one person...are we going to have a soap opera love triangle with Zelena and Regina fighting over the same guy?

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/No-GIFS-Nope-GIF.gif?gs=a

• Love 1

WHY WOULD YOU PUT THAT OUT THERE?

You know what, if it keeps them away from the Whites I'm ok with that. lol

Everyone gets TLKs but Captain Swan has to do an obstacle course to prove they are true love. I hope I have drinks next week because I might die.

It's a beautiful parallel journey to Tallahassee for Captain Swan and I wouldn't want a TL confirmation any other way. It calls back to their first journey together and it's written by Jane Espenson.

I couldn't be more stoked, Jane has never let CS shippers down.

• Love 5

It's a beautiful parallel journey to Tallahassee for Captain Swan and I wouldn't want a TL confirmation any other way. It calls back to their first journey together and it's written by Jane Espenson.

I couldn't be more stoked, Jane has never let CS shippers down.

The promo is longer than the short changed scene with Emma putting Killian's heart back in, so we're already ahead of the game for Firebird... (yes...i am still bitter about that..)
  • Love 7

I thought it was a callback to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.  I'm expecting them to find the Holy Grail and one of Arthur's dead Knights.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

If they play this comedic, it could be great and hilarious.

• Love 2

ok...so ...I'm a bit slow and I just realized that there's what looks like a scale in front of Killian when he reads 'only true love will pass' in the promo. ...

what could they possibly have to put on a scale to prove True Love?....do they balance it with their True Love and set off the earth shaking? Is the place falling down because they 'broke' UnderBrooke with their true love and it's releasing all the trapped souls including the unfortunates in the River of Souls...I is getting me some epic vibes.....or I just have a case of hives after Cora getting to go to the Light..

Edited by PixiePaws1

There is a clue in this tumblr post. Basically the True Love test seems to be a reworking of the Egyptian myth where Osiris judges who is fit for the afterlife by weighing their heart against a feather. 

Maybe they seemingly fail the test at first, setting off the collapse of the under-underground structure. Hook asks Emma to let him go. And she says she doesn't know how to say goodbye. Then, she lets him go, and then, ta da--they passed the test!

Edited by Rumsy4

TVLine spoiler analysis...

Alas, despite having stormed the Underworld with a very specific plan to save Hook, "what Emma is going to have to face to get him back is very different than what she thought," says co-creator Adam Horowitz.

Yep, she's definitely going to have to let him go, and that will actually be what gets him back.

Rumple explores both leverage and a loophole to nix Hades' contract

Zelena and Pan respectively, we know this.

Regina and Robin "team up to take someone down" on May 8

Arthur?

Henry's power as the Author "plays a huge part" in the proceedings

Well that's good, they're actually going to pay that off.

we meet Hades' brother Zeus

Yep, "Prince Marcus" for 5x21 was Zeus, we all called it.

and a current coupling "maybe" won't last the season.

Outlaw Queen.

the two-hour season ender (airing at 7/6c) introduces Sam Witwer (Smallville) and Hank Harris (Popular) in a storyline that tees up "something new for Season 6," including "ominous threats that are different from ones we've experience before," Horowitz says.

Different as in non-magical maybe? I hope?

Edited by Mathius

"current coupling "maybe" won't last the season."

Not sure it means OQ. That would be an odd way to imply Robin's death. It's not a break-up if death is the seperator. It's more likely to be Hades/Zelena.

I'm 99% sure that Hook and Emma are going to fail* the TL test.

(*ok, maybe not really fail, but it's going to look like it by the end of the episode. Everyone in Tumblr is expecting something super epic and super romantic and I think they are going to be disappointed)

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

Yeah I'm a bit nervous about this test... I could see them ending on a cliff hanger or Emma thinking she failed and it turns out she needed to let him go in order to pass and get him back. Either way I will have some wine ready for next week and I have a feeling it is going to kill me in feels.

• Love 1

I'm 99% sure that Hook and Emma are going to fail* the TL test.

(*ok, maybe not really fail, but it's going to look like it by the end of the episode. Everyone in Tumblr is expecting something super epic and super romantic and I think they are going to be disappointed)

I feel this way, too. There may be some sort of nebulous TL moment or something, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be nearly as epic and wonderful as everybody has firmly assumed it will be. This show NEVER meets the expectations that people have when it comes to payoff. So I doubt this will be any different.

• Love 2

I feel this way, too. There may be some sort of nebulous TL moment or something, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be nearly as epic and wonderful as everybody has firmly assumed it will be. This show NEVER meets the expectations that people have when it comes to payoff. So I doubt this will be any different.

Not never, the season 3 finale was far and above any expectations I had.

• Love 6

Not never, the season 3 finale was far and above any expectations I had.

After everything that has come after it, I'm starting to think that was just a fluke and we'll never get anything like it ever again.

Back to spoilers... "and a current coupling 'maybe' won't last the season" Maybe Robin's death isn't as permanent as we think it is. Maybe he disappears for a while and comes back some time in Season 6?

Edited by Curio

To be fair, at the convention this weekend Colin even said that his favorite moments of the season are coming up and when someone asked him if there was a TLK moment, he gave the standard "I can't say" type non-spoiler answer. Yes, I know, it's the actor who plays the guy, but I'm hoping his enthusiasm is indicative of the show.