Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 7th Floor Nurses Station

• Start Topic

Five days is a pretty big sacrifice. And I say this as someone who gave up her bed for that long, back in 2012 to her parents. That freak storm hit the Mid-Atlantic (the Derecho) and my parents lost power. It was still unbearably hot, and I was the only child who still had air conditioning, so I took them in.

On the plus side, I still use that as an excuse to pawn responsibility off on my other siblings. Derecho, five days with mom and dad in my one bedroom apartment.

The only benefit might be that it might be useful later on? Does he live somewhere you'd want to visit? Can you cash in this favor? (God, I sound opportunistic...) 

But really, I'm leaning toward a strong no. 

They live in Denver and I could absolutely stay with them but I haven't in years.I much prefer staying at a hotel so I can come and go at my leisure. As for the air mattress, that's what I offered originally but with his back problems, he needs a real bed. I finally relented and said they could stay at my place, but I know I'm going to be miserable. It's not the air mattress, but you know, there's a reason I moved out of my mother's house 28 years ago lol! I love her and I see her every weekend, talk to her several times a day. But staying in the same house for almost a whole week might just drive me mad. Unfortunately money is tight for them, and there's no such thing as an inexpensive hotel in NYC. 

I have never really watched OLTL, but I am familiar with this actor from soap mags, but I just read that Nathaniel Marston was in a horrific car crash on Friday and it isn't certain he'll make it.

Per his mother, if he does, he'll be paralyzed from the neck down (much like Christopher Reeve) and will need a respirator to breathe.

How utterly awful for her and him.  :-(

• Love 1

I read an article with that information (it was on Twitter from some bloggers and actors in daytime), and it was just all so sad. That must have been beyond horrific. I wasn't really watching a lot of OLTL at the time, but I did see a little bit of him and Marcie, they were really sweet together. 

I feel awful for his mother too. Just terrible.

• Love 1

I was never a fan of Nate Marston, but this is just awful news! I did read late last night that he was back in surgery and the doctors are hopeful he may be able to breathe on his own and regain the use of his upper body. And with a LOT of physical therapy and over the course of a few years, he *might* walk again. I'm sending good thoughts to him and his family. I truly hope everything works out for him.

Just got a new LG Android smartphone. Does anyone know of a site where one can make/customize ringtones?

Thanks!

I can't remember what I used when I had an Android, but in the Everything Else forum on this site, there is a thread for gadgets and electronic stuff, where I'm sure someone can help out.

I'm sad to hear that David Canary passed away.

I love DC. He was amazing as Adam and Stewart Chandler. Each character was different. I also bought the love the brothers shared.

Image my shock at watching a western and seeing Adam Chandler on screen.

He and Tristan were my school girl crushes. Hell, I still crush on them. DC's hair...Silver fox indeed.

• Love 2

I'm sad to hear that David Canary passed away.

I love DC. He was amazing as Adam and Stewart Chandler. Each character was different. I also bought the love the brothers shared.

Image my shock at watching a western and seeing Adam Chandler on screen.

He and Tristan were my school girl crushes. Hell, I still crush on them. DC's hair...Silver fox indeed.

I remember him first from Bonanza, and then AMC.  In my opinion, he made AMC must watch TV.  I later drifted away from it cause it became unwatchable but at the height of his era, it was the one of the best.  An amazing spell-binding charismatic actor, sad to say goodbye.

UPDATE:

As of two hours ago, I completed my chemo/infusion treatment! Last infustion of Herceptin which I had to take for a year.  Blood work is good, hemoglobin levels excellent, and I am in REMISSION.

Now, it's just chillin', relaxin' until Spring when I get the final reconstruction.  Thanks for all your suppport and prayers!

Now I can concentrate on getting rid of this infernal insomnia I've been wracked with since I lost my job...and to secure a new and better one. My oncologist suggested yoga, which the infusion center offers for free on a weekly basis. So I'll do that as well as at home, since stress is the reason for my insomnia.

• Love 13

I can't "like" your post enough, GHSR! Yay for remission!!!!!!

Yoga is a great idea for stress release. I do light stretching every day—working on my particular tight spots—and it always relaxes me. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Thanks y'all.

It certainly helps that I've got the gorgeousness of Pierce Brosnan as Remington Steele to help me get through the nights. Damn but it is downright criminal and unfair for a man to be as good looking as he is and never looks bad. Man was born to wear a tux.

Icing on the cake is watching Stepanie Zimbalist as Laura Holt, who was and continues to be my hero and the standard for a strong woman/role model. Plus, no one, NO ONE rocks the Fedora like she does.

What?

• Love 1

really great to hear you are on the mend. I did Yoga for a while. it is relaxing. had to stop because downward dog took to much on my knees. I go to the gym, and surprise when I leave I actually feel better. enjoy your time to relax, and we will pray for you. and also for your job hunting..HAPPY Holidays whichever one you celebrate.

All this Star Wars talk turns me into Grumpy Cat (I've never seen any of the movies, and have never had a real burning desire to, so the publicity machine on the new movie has been...exhausting for me, to say the least).

Frankly, I would compare NV and RC to the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special, because like George Lucas wishing he could forget about said special, we wish we could forget about NV and RC.

That's a pretty smooth reference for one who isn't in to Star Wars, nice job! :)

I feel ya, and I really like Star Wars. Worry not, it'll pass when the next superhero movie comes out or something. Of course, it'll pop back up when the next one comes up but at least there's a bit of a reprieve.

That's a pretty smooth reference for one who isn't in to Star Wars, nice job! :)

I feel ya, and I really like Star Wars. Worry not, it'll pass when the next superhero movie comes out or something. Of course, it'll pop back up when the next one comes up but at least there's a bit of a reprieve.

My thoughts exactly. I am not into Marvel. I've seen some parts when they come on TV. I know who the characters are but I'm not a geek about it like Star Wars, Star Trek or the X-Men.

Theres's something out there for everyone.

• Love 1

I watch the Nostalgia Critic, so I've seen his review of the special, which I'll admit makes me laugh. I'm all about 70's cheese.

And I LOVE the disco version of the theme song, which was actually a number one hit.

• Love 1

I watch the Nostalgia Critic, so I've seen his review of the special, which I'll admit makes me laugh. I'm all about 70's cheese.

And I LOVE the disco version of the theme song, which was actually a number one hit.

My husband and I LOVE Nostalgia Critic! We also watch Cinema Sins.

• Love 1

I was extremely disappointed in Episode VII.  The plot was recycled from Episodes IV-VI and numerous other JJ Abrams movies, and some of the acting was god awful.  

It was a lot like watching this show.  

• Love 1

The happiest of holidays to all who celebrate!

And in honor of same:   

A bright shiny penny to anyone who can tell me why the cute little girl doll has been discarded as a misfit ... every year, I can't figure out what's supposed to be wrong with her.  Thanks!

• Love 2

The happiest of holidays to all who celebrate!

And in honor of same:   

A bright shiny penny to anyone who can tell me why the cute little girl doll has been discarded as a misfit ... every year, I can't figure out what's supposed to be wrong with her.  Thanks!

Years later in an interview, one of the creators, Arthur Rankin Jr.,  said that she had psychological issues, I think because her owner had grown too old for her and given her up. In any case, she felt unloved.

This is my favorite song from Rudolph, for the record:

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

I was extremely disappointed in Episode VII.  The plot was recycled from Episodes IV-VI and numerous other JJ Abrams movies, and some of the acting was god awful.  

It was a lot like watching this show.  

I admire this opinion, just for the reason that you seem to be one of the few who feel this way. I actually haven't seen it myself yet so I can't say.

Merry Christmas everyone. At my house we have all the star Wars movies. All the figures light sabers etc. We have a grandson who loves the movies. These were all passed down by his older cousin. He wants nothing more than to see the new movie. Now that Disney owns the rights. Everything under the sun has the Star Wars logo .Hope you are all now resting up after the holiday dinner.

OK, I found a new obsession. I just finished Making of a Murderer on Netflix, and I can't stop thinking about it.  If you like gripping crime dramas, wow this'll hook you in.  It'll send you through a roller coaster ride that makes

getting angry at Sonny getting away with everything pale in comparison

.  Warning, though, it

might make you think that the justice system is broken or even more broken than you feared 

• Love 2

OK, I found a new obsession. I just finished Making of a Murderer on Netflix, and I can't stop thinking about it. If you like gripping crime dramas, wow this'll hook you in. It'll send you through a roller coaster ride that makes

getting angry at Sonny getting away with everything pale in comparison

. Warning, though, it

might make you think that the justice system is broken or even more broken than you feared

I started watching it now! Stephen Avery may not be the most um likable guy, but I found him to be way more tolerable than Sonny. Also, Brendan Dassey is smarter than Morgan as well.

Edited by Grrpants09
I doubt it's any weirder than usual. A lot of them are probably good friends with the significant other of their on-screen love interest. Laura Wright I think is pals with Maurice's wife, Bradford and Brandon are pals, etc etc. On NCIS: LA, in real life, the actress is married to her on-screen love interest's brother, so she is having on-camera make out sessions with her brother-in-law. And her husband is a stunt double for his brother on the show too. Now that, I often wonder how awkward is that situation, heh.

Eeeewwww!!!!!!!  That's all kinds of wrong!

hee. I know, right? To be fair, she met both of them at the same time, and they definitely set up the actor as a love interest right away, but still . . . awkward city, I'm thinking.

HOw wierd is that dinner conversation?

"How was work today dear?"

"Well first your brother kissed  my neck than we lay on the bed and made out until they yelled cut.  Pass the peas"

• Love 1