Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Trini said:

A little speculation about the new suit: Maybe the reason for no chinstrap is so that they can actually show Barry pulling down the cowl? Since it happens fairly often. Still need to see this from different angles and in motion, though. But maybe they'll put the chinstrap back later?

Grant replied to a fan and implied they're adding the chin strap later.

• Love 2

Back to the suit for a second:

I saw this pointed out somewhere else, that now there's less gold detailing (at the seams, etc.) in this latest redesign. Which I guess is more 'streamlined' and 'comic accurate', but now it's more plain, which isn't necessarily the best thing for a TV costume. Plus, I'm assuming this one is more complicated to get in and out of; not to mention rigging it for stunts.

--

But about this being a BTS photo; it looks like Barry's still getting beat up by metas in Season 5!

2 hours ago, Trini said:

Back to the suit for a second:

I saw this pointed out somewhere else, that now there's less gold detailing (at the seams, etc.) in this latest redesign. Which I guess is more 'streamlined' and 'comic accurate', but now it's more plain, which isn't necessarily the best thing for a TV costume. Plus, I'm assuming this one is more complicated to get in and out of; not to mention rigging it for stunts.

--

But about this being a BTS photo; it looks like Barry's still getting beat up by metas in Season 5!

I don't think it looks complicated to get in and out of. It's a one piece suit.

"The Death of Vibe" -- Nope. Don't like this. I don't like this at all.

With Carlos' statements at Comic-Con about Cisco's "powers being challenged like never before", plus this title, I've got some speculation that I hope does NOT happen: the new villain Cicada doesn't kill Cisco, but he has the ability to take powers away/drain life force(?) and so Cisco loses his powers that way. No more Vibe. I hate putting that out there, but I can see them doing this so that they don't have to keep coming up with lame excuses as to why Cisco can't use his powers and resolve problems in 2 minutes. I would hate it, though. Cisco has been through enough.

--

But "News Flash" -- an Iris and/or Spin centered episode? Yay!

"The Icicle Cometh" -- I guess they couldn't use 'iceman'.

45 minutes ago, Trini said:

"The Death of Vibe" -- Nope. Don't like this. I don't like this at all.

A happier theory: Maybe Vibe's "death" is an elaborate fake-out so he can lie low, for [insert plot reasons]. I still wouldn't like them ignoring his powers, though.

Depowering one of their already super-powered Super Team might actually be a good idea. The show is The Flash, not Flash and Friends. Of course, I would prefer Killer Frost and Extended Man to go first, before Vibe. But if the arc just puts him out of commission for a few episodes, or half a season, I don't think it's too bad. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ursula said:

Depowering one of their already super-powered Super Team might actually be a good idea. The show is The Flash, not Flash and Friends. Of course, I would prefer Killer Frost and Extended Man to go first, before Vibe. But if the arc just puts him out of commission for a few episodes, or half a season, I don't think it's too bad. 

I'm all for there being only one super powered person on the Team. How do none of the writers realize having Vibe, KF, and Elongated man makes Barry extremely incompetent?

In 4x15, they saw on the monitors that it was only gunmen at ARGUS. Only gunmen, no metas. What happened? You had Vibe and KF there as back up as if Barry needed help taking those gunmen down.

It made no sense for Barry and Ralph to constantly team up.

From my understanding, teams are only needed if a threat calls for a team up. Most of these villains Barry can defeat on his own. There's a reason speedsters are mostly solo heroes in the comics.

• Love 1
On 8/17/2018 at 8:22 PM, ursula said:

Yeah, they're totally overpowered as a team; but it's their own fault for doing that in the first place. I would just hate to see Cisco get sidelined for everyone else's stories for a second season in a row.

If they have a superpowered team, they need to have equally superpowered threats/villains, and they usually don't. ::sigh::

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2
On 8/17/2018 at 5:22 PM, ursula said:

Depowering one of their already super-powered Super Team might actually be a good idea.

Technically, KF is de-powered; she's gone. KF is a mental disorder at best and an unstable, untrustworthy, murderous frenemy at worst. Cisco has so much more potential with his abilities to uncover. So, why bring her back only to de-power Cisco? Makes no sense IMO.

cw20180821.jpg

Looking at this more closely, I don't think this is Grant's body? I'm not 100% sure; but it wouldn't be the first time CW PR has released a photo with a double and the actual actor's head photoshopped on top.

https://ew.com/tv/2018/08/22/the-flash-kyle-secor-caitlin-father/

Meet the elusive Dr. Thomas Snow!

EW can exclusively reveal that Kyle Secor (Veronica Mars, The Purge: Election Year) will recur on season 5 of The Flash as Caitlin Snow’s hitherto absent father.

Dr. Snow is an extremely intelligent geneticist who has been MIA for decades. Upon returning to Central City, he will try his best to make up for lost time with Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker). But what Caitlin doesn’t know is that Thomas is hiding a big secret — because he wouldn’t be a new Arroweverse character without one.

Needless to say, viewers can expect Thomas to play in role in Caitlin’s quest to get her Killer Frost powers/persona back. Toward the end of last season, Caitlin’s icy other half disappeared after a confrontation with the Thinker, and in “Think Fast,” a flashback featuring her father revealed that Caitlin had powers when she was younger, which was news to both Caitlin and the audience. In season 5, Caitlin will first turn to her mother, Dr. Carla Tannhauser (Susan Walters, who guest-starred in season 3), for some insight into her current predicament.

“[Carla] is the one she goes to first for answers,” executive producer Todd Helbing tells EW. “You’re going to learn about what role her mother played in all of this, and there is that mysterious premonition that Cecile had at the end of last year about Thomas. So you’re going to learn about exactly who he is and how he plays into the season and Caitlin and Killer Frost, and really just that whole mystery about where she comes from and how she was created is explained.”

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Ugh, this really sounds like a mess. You can't spend three seasons saying the character is dead and then say they're alive. Even after Flashpoint!!!!

Also, from what I read, Carla is truly a terrible mother. Going on with the lie that Caitlin's father is dead and proceedingto be cold towards your daughter, whom believed his death was the reason for the behavior changed.

• Love 1

Are they going to explain the fact that they have literally had Caitlin say her father died when she was young, at least a couple of times if I'm remembering right? 

Was she lying? Did she tell people he was dead so she wouldn't have to say he abandoned them or something? They better not just pretend she never said that.

• Love 2

Perhaps Thomas had a serious drug problem and left Caitlin alone and in danger one day. Therefore, he faked his death and left the family to go get himself clean. While away, he fathered a son named Charlie, and now Thomas is dying and wants Charlie to know his sister Caitlin and make up for time lost with his daughter. 

Sounds plausible to me.......

• Love 2

https://www.tvinsider.com/711673/troy-james-the-flash-rag-doll-peter-merkel/

A classic DC Comics supervillain is coming to The Flash and he's sure to leave Barry and company bent out of shape.

TV Insider has learned exclusively that America's Got Talent alum and contortionist Troy James has been tapped to play Peter Merkel, aka Rag Doll, in the  fifth episode of the upcoming Season 5.

The character was introduced in a 1942 issue of Flash Comics as the triple-jointed son of a carnival barker who fell into a life of crime after hiding himself inside a child's toy to knock over a department stores. Most recently, the character appeared in an episode of The Batman.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Proteus said:

https://www.tvinsider.com/711673/troy-james-the-flash-rag-doll-peter-merkel/

A classic DC Comics supervillain is coming to The Flash and he's sure to leave Barry and company bent out of shape.

TV Insider has learned exclusively that America's Got Talent alum and contortionist Troy James has been tapped to play Peter Merkel, aka Rag Doll, in the  fifth episode of the upcoming Season 5.

The character was introduced in a 1942 issue of Flash Comics as the triple-jointed son of a carnival barker who fell into a life of crime after hiding himself inside a child's toy to knock over a department stores. Most recently, the character appeared in an episode of The Batman.

This should be fun for a meta-of-the-week!

[I remember on The Sarah Connor Chronicles they had a fight scene between the 'good' terminator and another terminator -that was played by a female contortionist. The 'bad' terminator ended up getting tied into a knot!]

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Proteus said:

Hartley Sawyer posted this pic of Tom Cavanough looking very Sherlock Holmes like, I guess for his new Wells persona:

Please let this be a separate Ralph and Wells subplot. No Barry involvement at all. Based on the behind the scene photos I've been seeing, it's nice to see we might be getting out of Star Labs more often

• Love 1
On 8/22/2018 at 7:14 PM, adora721 said:

Perhaps Thomas had a serious drug problem and left Caitlin alone and in danger one day. Therefore, he faked his death and left the family to go get himself clean. While away, he fathered a son named Charlie, and now Thomas is dying and wants Charlie to know his sister Caitlin and make up for time lost with his daughter. 

LMBO!  Thank you for saying this  - we all know the writers will treat Cait's story with so much more care and less stereotypes and tropes than they did Iris and her mother.  Whatever the story is, Cait will come out smelling like a rose and STILL won't be held accountable for anything.  Pass.

On 8/23/2018 at 7:13 PM, Trini said:

This should be fun for a meta-of-the-week!

[I remember on The Sarah Connor Chronicles they had a fight scene between the 'good' terminator and another terminator -that was played by a female contortionist. The 'bad' terminator ended up getting tied into a knot!]

Did you see the guy they cast on that talent show?  Holy crap that was the creepiest thing I have ever seen - he even did the walk fast bent over backwards poltergeist move.  Yikes - so scary.  I swear if they have him do something like that I will freak out and run from the room.

• Love 5

I'm pretty sure this is a quote from Comic-Con, so it's not really new info, I think:

Question: Any Iris West-Allen scoop for Flash fans, specifically in terms of Central City Citizen?— Fowsia

Ausiello: While the paper “hasn’t officially been named yet,” Iris is “going to do more journalism [in Season 5] than we’ve seen in quite a while, which is fun — to get Iris out on the streets again,” showrunner Todd Helbing previews. “The whole idea is that we want to slowly build [her blog] into the Citizen, and she’s running this paper that we’ve seen since Day 1.”

https://tvline.com/2018/08/29/empire-season-5-spoilers-time-jump/

Also new promo with a couple of new clips of the Flash and Cisco:

So that one clip with the new suit -- They should go back to the old cowl. I feel like they're kinda stepping backwards in quality.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

He really needs that chin strap, imo. I don't know if it's his head shape or what, but it just doesn't look right without it.

It's his head shape. He doesn't have a strong jawline for those type of masks. There's a reason most superheroes are drawn with those type of jawlines in the comics.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ruby24 said:

He really needs that chin strap, imo. I don't know if it's his head shape or what, but it just doesn't look right without it.

Also, they just changed the design of the whole cowl. I thought the last version worked well.

A bit more of the new suit in the longer DCTV trailer:

Edited by Trini

I cannot get over the fact that there's a legit Westallen kiss in the teaser. You can barely see Iris's face in it (or anywhere else in the trailer) --- yet that is a genuine, bonafide Iris+Barry lipsmack in the trailer. 

Maybe.... just maybe... the fact that arguably the best episode of season 4 was the one that hinged on Westallen might, just might, have passed a message across to marketing PTB. One can only hope. 

On 8/22/2018 at 7:14 PM, adora721 said:

On 8/25/2018 at 11:30 PM, phoenics said:

LMBO!  Thank you for saying this  - we all know the writers will treat Cait's story with so much more care and less stereotypes and tropes than they did Iris and her mother.  Whatever the story is, Cait will come out smelling like a rose and STILL won't be held accountable for anything.  Pass.

Did you see the guy they cast on that talent show?  Holy crap that was the creepiest thing I have ever seen - he even did the walk fast bent over backwards poltergeist move.  Yikes - so scary.  I swear if they have him do something like that I will freak out and run from the room.

For some reason, I keep seeing Thomas Snow and mentally reading Thomas Markle. :P

I can't wait for season 5 to be eaten up with screentime on the Snow Family Drama, and how everyone from Iris to Cisco to Joe to Barry will give Caitlin pep talks on the trauma she's passing through. I imagine her POV will be dwelt on in many episodes and scenes, and this drama will play a pivotal role in the A plot. 

They are literally stealing Iris's storylines to give to Caitlin now, aren't they?

• Love 3

Not really a spoiler, since it a logical conclusion to draw from Jessica P. K. (Nora) being a regular; but writer Thomas Pound confirmed that Nora will be a main story for the season:

I am excited for Nora's story, but the she show has screwed up time travel stories before, so... I gotta keep my expectations tempered. I am looking forward to West-Allen family scenes/shenanigans.

Also Phil Chipera is directing 5.05 (and probably Pound is a writer for that episode too):

He directed "Trial of the Flash" (4.10), but he's been a 2nd unit director on the show since Season 3.

Edited by Trini
On 8/30/2018 at 9:50 PM, Trini said:

Not really a spoiler, since it a logical conclusion to draw from Jessica P. K. (Nora) being a regular; but writer Thomas Pound confirmed that Nora will be a main story for the season:

I am excited for Nora's story, but the she show has screwed up time travel stories before, so... I gotta keep my expectations tempered. I am looking forward to West-Allen family scenes/shenanigans.

Also Phil Chipera is directing 5.05 (and probably Pound is a writer for that episode too):

He directed "Trail of the Flash" (4.10), but he's been a 2nd unit director on the show since Season 3.

We are finally getting a dressed-up event for Barry and Iris and it seems that no one else filmed for it. Could we finally get the team-up we deserve? NewsFlash! ☺️

Ive never looked forward to a new season as much as I have for this season. I need to lower my expectations, lol. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Kate45 said:

We are finally getting a dressed-up event for Barry and Iris and it seems that no one else filmed for it. Could we finally get the team-up we deserve? NewsFlash! ☺️

All I want is for someone (preferably Barry) to compliment Iris; Candice being gorgeous doesn't get acknowledged enough.

Ive never looked forward to a new season as much as I have for this season. I need to lower my expectations, lol. 

Lower them, girl! There are a few things to look forward to, but there's still no word on stories for Cisco, Joe and Cecile. Plus Ralph and Wells #342 are going to get screentime, and then whatever they throw at Caitlin.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Trini said:

All I want is for someone (preferably Barry) to compliment Iris; Candice being gorgeous doesn't get acknowledged enough.

Lower them, girl! There are a few things to look forward to, but there's still no word on stories for Cisco, Joe and Cecile. Plus Ralph and Wells #342 are going to get screentime, and then whatever they throw at Caitlin.

I know, lol. I’ll be so disappointed if I keep them where they are right now ?.

Thomas Pound and Sterling Gates didn’t help, either. They make me think that her story (as well as Barry and Nora’s) will be handled with care. I feel like Iris is finally going to get the shine she deserves. But, I have to keep it low so that my disappointment will not be so bad. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Trini said:

Has anyone complimented her after the "you look nice" scene in S01.E02?

(Ah, the good old days, when Barry was allowed to behave like a heterosexual male to the woman he loved).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Because gay MEN need more representation in the Flarrowverse, too -- and Curtis over on Arrow just doesn't do it for me.  Why should lesbians be the only ones to have any fun?

We only have one LGBTQ female regular (or two now in Legends I guess), in Sara and subsequently Ava. 

So yeah, there could be more for men...but it's not as if there's an abundance of gay women. 

New promo! With new clips!

A few more glimpses of Cicada; more Nora; Joe's 'not in my house!' face (they better leave him alone!); and a new logo.

It seems like Barry might actually start paying attention to the content of that future article about a Crisis. The show had already hinted at that; how it relates to Nora is the question. Did she know him at all before he disappeared/died??

I hope they set some time travel rules and stick to them, because just from these first two trailers, Nora is messing up a lot of stuff just by talking about future events - including herself.

I cringe every time they enter that room and don't pay attention to what happens to 2024-Barry. It's literally in the headline!

4 hours ago, wingster55 said:

We only have one LGBTQ female regular (or two now in Legends I guess), in Sara and subsequently Ava. 

So yeah, there could be more for men...but it's not as if there's an abundance of gay women. 

Sara on Legends and Alex on Supergirl are currently the more prominent LGBTQ female characters. If we include Black Lightning (not in the Flarrowverse but still a part of the DCTV world) there's Anissa there. On Supergirl they've just introduced a trans woman and Batwoman, a lesbian, will probably headline her own series.

On the other hand we have Curtis on Arrow and The Ray in the animated series as representation for LGBTQ men. There's a bunch of guest stars/recurring characters that are gay but since they don't have storylines and we don't get to see their romantic relationships develop on screen they don't count as representation IMO.

So I agree with @legaleagle53 that the situation seems to be unbalanced in favor of LGBTQ women. It's even more unbalanced for me personally because I don't watch Arrow or The Ray. That's why I'd rather the new LGBTQ character be a man.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Starry said:

I cringe every time they enter that room and don't pay attention to what happens to 2024-Barry. It's literally in the headline!

I know right. I am doing a re-watch of S1-S4.  S1 it was mostly Harrison Wells always looking at it leading the audience to the conclusion that Barry's disappearance in 2024 had something to do with The Reverse Flash. With Thawne travelling back in time to take over Wells to change the normal timeline of Barry getting his speed (he got the particle accelerator up earlier than the real Wells did in the original timeline) almost you'd think something about the article would change. But obvs the headline never changes even with all the Thawne and Flashpoint stuff.

It was visited a lot in S3 (i can't believe how even more painful S3 is on re-watch... gah!) but they don't pay any attention to the article or the fact that Barry disappears.  They are hyper focused on Iris' disappeared byline. 

But I guess the show is turning their attention to that.  I wonder how they plan to play that out.  If in Flash world it is 2018 like it is with us, that means 2024 is only 6 years away.  When does Iris get pregnant with Nora?  Does Barry's disappearance in 2024 means that he never made it back after that, so he is gone-gone in he future (which makes sense given Nora's reactions to him)?  If so, how much would Nora have remembered about him depending on how old she actually was when he disappeared.  If they are in 2018 and Iris got pregnant right now, at most Nora would be five when Barry disappeared.  Also, they'd have to answer the question of how she got her speed.  Barry got his from the particle accelerator explosion so it wasn't a genetic thing.  But if Nora's is, does that mean that anyone who became a meta that way now carry their meta-ness in their genes and it is inheritable by blood?  Maybe her being a speedster and knowing she got it from her disappeared father is what drives her clingyness to Barry moreso than anything she might have known or remembered about him on her own.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Barry got his from the particle accelerator explosion so it wasn't a genetic thing. 

DIdn't Caitlin say in one of her pseudo-sciencey exposition speeches that the particle accelerator changed Barry's DNA? That would mean his powers are a mutation: he didn't get it from genetics but he can pass it on genetically.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ursula said:

DIdn't Caitlin say in one of her pseudo-sciencey exposition speeches that the particle accelerator changed Barry's DNA? That would mean his powers are a mutation: he didn't get it from genetics but he can pass it on genetically.

Yes; in 1x7, "Power Outage", after Barry loses his powers,  Cait says, "Your DNA was transformed by the PA blast, there's no way to un-transform DNA."

From TVLine: https://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2018-season-premiere-spoilers/#!15/the-flash-fall-tv-preview-2018/

THE FLASH

New Big Bad Cicada (American Pie's Chris Klein) isn’t too concerned with the Scarlet Speedster – “His endgame isn’t about The Flash. It’s more of a bigger-scale issue,” executive producer Todd Helbing notes – but he will impact Barry & Co. “A big part of the story of this season [is about] the metas, where they got their powers from, and it’s tied into everybody’s journey this year,” the EP shares. “Cicada’s powers are different than DeVoe’s [and] any of the speedsters in the way they affect our team.”

Elsewhere, Nora’s presence “starts to have a little strain” on her parents’ relationship. “Iris and Barry become second to Mom and Dad,” Helbing explains. Meanwhile, Cisco is having a difficult time getting over his break-up with Gypsy, Caitlin searches for her Killer Frost origins and Ralph struggles to earn the respect of the city as a superhero.

BONUS SPOILER!: The newest Wells, Sherloque, is “a master detective from a different earth,” Helbing describes, “and he’s come to help [the team] track down Cicada. He’s pretty awesome at his job, and Ralph doesn’t take too kindly to somebody that has skills that may or may not be better than his.” Plus, Sherloque will get a lady love!

And the photo:

the-flash-fall-tv-preview-2018.jpg?w=620

This is probably from an early episode, but not the premiere.

2 hours ago, Trini said:

From TVLine: https://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2018-season-premiere-spoilers/#!15/the-flash-fall-tv-preview-2018/

And the photo:

the-flash-fall-tv-preview-2018.jpg?w=620

This is probably from an early episode, but not the premiere.

I'm pretty sure TVline's First Look Photos for these scoop articles are always from the first episode.

Also, mess at the new Wells being a "master detective". As if Joe, Barry, and Ralph aren't good enough.

• Love 1

New Big Bad Cicada isn’t too concerned with the Scarlet Speedster – “His endgame isn’t about The Flash. It’s more of a bigger-scale issue,” executive producer Todd Helbing notes – but he will impact Barry & Co. “A big part of the story of this season [is about] the metas, where they got their powers from, and it’s tied into everybody’s journey this year,” the EP shares. “Cicada’s powers are different than DeVoe’s [and] any of the speedsters in the way they affect our team.”

...I don't know... nothing so far about Cicada sounds different enough from the previous major villains to make me very interested. I'm in 'wait and see' mode with this.

Elsewhere, Nora’s presence “starts to have a little strain” on her parents’ relationship. “Iris and Barry become second to Mom and Dad,” Helbing explains.

Well, this is to be expected, and I think it'll be interesting to see Barry & Iris (/Grant and Candice) struggle with parental roles. I hope they call back to that time when Joe said he'd laugh in his face when Barry has kids!

Meanwhile, Cisco is having a difficult time getting over his break-up with Gypsy, Caitlin searches for her Killer Frost origins and Ralph struggles to earn the respect of the city as a superhero.

All these sound like plots that will last one or two episodes. I want info on the "Death of Vibe" episode! And still nothing about Joe and Cecile.

The newest Wells, Sherloque, is “a master detective from a different earth,” Helbing describes, “and he’s come to help [the team] track down Cicada. He’s pretty awesome at his job, and Ralph doesn’t take too kindly to somebody that has skills that may or may not be better than his.” Plus, Sherloque will get a lady love!

32 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Also, mess at the new Wells being a "master detective". As if Joe, Barry, and Ralph aren't good enough.

Also Iris; but all the new Wellses have been redundant. Will we ever get to see Barry be the genius CSI he's supposed to be again?? Ugh- if they're pairing him up with Ralph, though, that should make real easy to fastforward their scenes. And after Tracy, who only existed so that HR would have one person to mourn him, do they really expect us to care about Wells #567's love life??

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Trini said:

Also Iris; but all the new Wellses have been redundant. Will we ever get to see Barry be the genius CSI he's supposed to be again?? Ugh- if they're pairing him up with Ralph, though, that should make real easy to fastforward their scenes. And after Tracy, who only existed so that HR would have one person to mourn him, do they really expect us to care about Wells #567's love life??

I’m starting to really think this show will never allow Barry to be the amazing detective/CSI he is supposed to be!! He’s literally almost as good as Batman in the comics, and Batman is the best detective! This is so frustrating. 

I have to accept that it’s not going to happen ☹️. I’ll never be happy about it. This is why the “team” aspect didn’t work for this character. His brilliance will always be downplayed to allow Wells, Cisco, Caitlin, and Ralph to have roles on this stupid team. 

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I'm pretty sure TVline's First Look Photos for these scoop articles are always from the first episode.

You're right; it probably is. It's just that pic looks so different than everything else we've seen of the premiere - which looks like it all takes place in one day... maybe.

15 hours ago, Starry said:

LOL! Barry 'as long as Iris is alive and married to me' Allen has his priorities!

1 hour ago, Trini said:

LOL! Barry 'as long as Iris is alive and married to me' Allen has his priorities!

???This really seems to be the thing Barry cares about the most when it comes to the future. Even when he first saw it, his main focus was that Iris was an Allen in the future.

With that said, I wish they would have Iris be focus on it. Give us little scenes of her reading and rereading the article trying to figure out how/why Barry disappears and how to change it. It doesn't have to be a main story for now, just every once in while show us Iris investigating this and trying to keep her husband with her in the future. Later on down the road when it matters to the narrative they can bring it into main focus. 

• Love 3
On 9/5/2018 at 5:28 AM, Starry said:

Sara on Legends and Alex on Supergirl are currently the more prominent LGBTQ female characters. If we include Black Lightning (not in the Flarrowverse but still a part of the DCTV world) there's Anissa there. On Supergirl they've just introduced a trans woman and Batwoman, a lesbian, will probably headline her own series.

Oh wow, I completely forgot about Alex and Anissa (and their love interests). Ok you're right. 

New Fall scoop from Variety

https://variety.com/gallery/fall-2018-returning-tv-shows-preview-gallery/#!14/blocked

New Photos of Barry and Nora. According to the link, this photo is from episode 2 Blocked.

the-flash.thumb.jpg.05c84b63142de82e313bc32ba11fe8fb.jpg

“This year we’re exploring the theme of ‘legacy,’ and it’s really sparked by the arrival of Nora West-Allen, Barry and Iris’ daughter from the future. After learning about the future and what’s happened to everyone, each character will explore what’s truly important… and what legacy they want to leave behind. … We [also] have a new version of Harrison Wells again this year. Harrison Sherloque Wells. He’s French, and like his name suggests, he’s a master detective who’s come to help them track down this season’s big bad. He also motivates Ralph Dibny to put his PI hat back on, so we get to see these two out in the field a lot and see who’s got the best detective chops.”

• Love 3