Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Episode 3.06 description:

"Shade"

WALLY HAS VISIONS OF BEING KID FLASH -

When Wally starts having dreams about being Kid Flash, Barry realizes he has to tell Wally, Iris and Joe about what happened to Wally in Flashpoint in order to keep him safe.

JJ Makaro directed the episode written by Emily Silver & David Kob
(#306). Original airdate 11/15/2016.

And a Kevin Smith update on 3.07:

The episode of @cwtheflash I directed airs in 3 weeks! Been working on the edit with my ep editor Nathan and we've got it down to a PACKED 42 mins. The episode is called #KillerFrost and @dpanabaker absolutely CRUSHES in it, while @tha_los has one of my favorite moments ever filmed for #TheFlash. Get your tissues ready, Super friends: you'll need them not just for all the Feels but for all the geekgasmic moments involving major reveals too! I love this episode so much: EVERYONE gets a killer scene in which they show off their acting chops (and some folks get to show off abilities and super powers far beyond those of mortal men & women)! Thanks to Speedster scribes @andrewkreisberg & co. for the intense script and @gberlanti for bringing the @dccomics Universe to life on @thecw as an amazing sandbox where a 46 year old boy can play with life-sized action figures! And huge thanks to my in-the-trenches episodic brain trust of Bob, Kim and Lexy for making me keep look like I know what I'm doing! Can't wait until my ep airs in mid-November but in the meantime? It's back to work on Day 2 of 9 on @supergirlcw (my first day with the cape and costume)! #KevinSmith #daniellepanabaker #carlosvaldes #thecw #flashseason3 #supergirl #vancouver

• Love 1

Thanks, Trini! I really love Kevin's enthusiasm for the show.

I'm glad that Barry is actually going to tell Wally what happened. Of course Wally will probably brush it off and say that since Rival is dead, he's in no danger.

I wonder if HR Wells is still going to show an interest in Caitlin (guessing it was sort of interest when he said "single" LOL).

13 hours ago, Trini said:

When Wally starts having dreams about being Kid Flash, Barry realizes he has to tell Wally, Iris and Joe about what happened to Wally in Flashpoint in order to keep him safe.

Well, to be fair, Barry DID offer to tell all of them about their alternate selves and all of them turned it down. So if they all start blaming Barry for whatever reason, then I may actually have to defend Barry this time around. 

• Love 3

We got this BTS picture so I hope that Iris at least interacts with these ladies. I hope to see her interact with Kara as well since

Spoiler

Kara is now a fledgling reporter. I'm glad the Flarrowverse has at least acknowledged the importance of reporters (in Supergirl) and I hope that ripples to The Flash as well.

• Love 6

Berlanti said at EW Popfest that they probably can't go back to the 'original' timeline. Ugh. They did this on Fringe, and it didn't work for me then either. But unlike Fringe, they this show actually should be able to undo the changes.

I don't think I really want them to do another reset, but I just don't know how they can be okay with (and assume the audience will be okay with) erasing 2 seasons of history/continuity.

Edited by Trini
Gah! missing word!
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Trini said:

Berlanti said at EW Popfest that they probably can't go back to the 'original' timeline. Ugh. They did this on Fringe, and it didn't work for me then either. But unlike Fringe, they this show actually should be able to the changes.

I don't think I really want them to do another reset, but I just don't know how they can be okay with (and assume the audience will be okay with) erasing 2 seasons of history/continuity.

Because it's having their cake and eating it too.  They want everyone to assume nothing has changed from what we saw except for when they want to tell us about the changes.  And they get a free pass on not having to pay attention to continuity from those seasons.  Cause they weren't going to anyway, but now they have an excuse.

Yeah, still bitter.   

• Love 4

A Candice Patton interview

On crossing over:

I'm afraid this season she is not crossing over. I know, I know! I'm always advocating for it, but there's a lot of characters across four shows. It's got to make sense, and I guess this year it didn't make sense. She's very much involved in the crossover that happens in The Flash, we just don't see her crossover to Legends, Supergirl or Arrow.

On meeting characters from the other shows:

Absolutely. Yeah, all of the fan favorites Iris gets to meet. It's really cool. Even getting to see Supergirl/Kara fly for the first time doing those stunts. It's... I geek out as well, because we don't have that on our show. Grant [Gustin] just kind of zips in and zips out. Using a harness to fly up is cool for us!

On Barry and Iris:

I think it's fair to say that if there's any superhero that could have a healthy, normal relationship, it's Barry Allen. One thing about Barry is his relationships and his family is really important to him. It's what makes him a superhero. Yes, I think we can expect to see a very healthy, normal relationship with Barry and Iris this season.

She also talks about the DC TV universe and Wally.

• Love 5

I wonder if they will still try to seek out another Wells if this current one doesn't seem to be very helpful. I also wonder if Julian is just a very good actor and tricking Barry (knowing he is the Flash) or if he is being genuine.

I'm also curious to see what happens with Wally next episode.

Just got the promo photos to load. I wonder how the hell they explained the presence of Wells to the D.A. Did they tell her the truth? Did Barry's time fuckery make it so that "Wells" never confessed but Henry was still somehow released from jail? Did Zoom just go get Henry out of jail and kill him? Looks like HR was putting the moves on Cecile-- hand on her leg and all. I wonder if that will push Joe to try to compete. Is it just the lighting, or is Tom's hair going more gray? Are those gummy bears on the table?

fla306a-0055b-208595.jpg

I hope they aren't Haribo Sugar Free Gummi Bears or else someone is in for a very bad time.

Edited by zannej

This isn't necessarily a spoiler, but Andrew Wilder (who wrote for Secrets and Lies, The Mist, and Criminal Minds to name a few) has joined the Flash writers. I briefly talked to him on Twitter and asked who his favorite character was. He said Joe West because he's an everyday hero. For villains, his favorite is King Shark.

On 02/11/2016 at 2:50 AM, zannej said:

Just got the promo photos to load. I wonder how the hell they explained the presence of Wells to the D.A. Did they tell her the truth? Did Barry's time fuckery make it so that "Wells" never confessed but Henry was still somehow released from jail? Did Zoom just go get Henry out of jail and kill him? Looks like HR was putting the moves on Cecile-- hand on her leg and all. I wonder if that will push Joe to try to compete. Is it just the lighting, or is Tom's hair going more gray? Are those gummy bears on the table?

I hope they aren't Haribo Sugar Free Gummi Bears or else someone is in for a very bad time.

All excellent questions!  HR seems to be a lot flirtier than previous Wellses. And Joe is definitely giving him the side-eye in that shot, so hopefully this is the prompting he needs to get his ass into gear and stop turning the lovely Cecile down. 

(I think those might be jelly babies on the table, but my those Gummi Bear reviews are funny.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Argenta said:

All excellent questions!  HR seems to be a lot flirtier than previous Wellses. And Joe is definitely giving him the side-eye in that shot, so hopefully this is the prompting he needs to get his ass into gear and stop turning the lovely Cecile down.

I have to admit, I was a little leery seeing what looks like Joe's arm around her chair/shoulder in one shot and H.R's hand on her leg (and her hand on his arm!) in the next. Either his Earth plays Cupid aggressively or he's just perpetually inappropriate.

On that note...please let her presence there be a result of Joe's invitation. Once, fine; twice, okay; but this woman asking a third time after getting shut down twice in rapid succession really stretches believability. Get on it, Joe! 

• Love 3

Doesn't seem very interesting or spoilery, but anyway, from TVLine:

This week’s revelation that H.R. is a novelist and not a scientist is “going to give Tom Cavanagh a lot of playtime,” co-star Carlos Valdes tells TVLine, adding that viewers can “expect a lot of H.R.’s business and backstory to be rooted in some of his writing.”

Episode 3.07 description:

"Killer Frost"

KEVIN SMITH DIRECTS; KILLER FROST EMERGES -

Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) uses her powers to save Barry (Grant Gustin) but as her mother predicted, the effort unleashes her inner Killer Frost. Killer Frost goes on a rampage looking for Dr. Alchemy, kidnapping Julian (Tom Felton) and battling both The Flash and Vibe (Carlos Valdes). Meanwhile, Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and H.R. (Tom Cavanagh) have a heart to heart talk.

Kevin Smith directed the episode with story by Judalina Neira and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Brooke Roberts (#307). Original airdate 11/22/2016.

• Love 2

Ugh, I imagine Novelist Wells is giving Joe romance advice.

I don't like that they are treating the emergence of Caitlin's powers like a completely different personality (Is that the theme for this season??). That hasn't been the case with most metas. It makes it too easy to excuse stuff she might do because of her "bad side". Then again, these writers, man.....

Julian gets damselled? Welcome to the show, Tom Felton! :)

• Love 3

This is my first post.

Alchemy wants to recreate earth 2. Only thing is we don't know who he or she really is, so finding out alchemy's identity is key for this situation. That will explain part of it. Caitlin needs it more than the others to boot.

• Love 2
On 11/6/2016 at 11:54 AM, Airraz0r said:

This is my first post.

Alchemy wants to recreate earth 2. Only thing is we don't know who he or she really is, so finding out alchemy's identity is key for this situation. That will explain part of it. Caitlin needs it more than the others to boot.

Not so much E2 but the erased Flashpoint timeline that Barry had created when he saved his mom. 

Disappointing.... From the promo pics of the crossovers, it looks like the only Flash characters visiting other shows are Barry and Cisco. I always want Iris to interact with the other casts, but it'd also be nice to see Joe talk with Quentin Lance since they have things in common.

• Love 1
On 11/10/2016 at 8:14 PM, Trini said:

Disappointing.... From the promo pics of the crossovers, it looks like the only Flash characters visiting other shows are Barry and Cisco. I always want Iris to interact with the other casts, but it'd also be nice to see Joe talk with Quentin Lance since they have things in common.

They probably wanted to play up Barry and Kara's connection more than anything.  That's their gateway to viewers that are watching Supergirl but not the rest of the Flarrowverse.  Plus Cisco has a mask.  

Edited by BkWurm1

I want to see Reverse Flash interact with Iris more (particularly since I found out that Candice played Matt's character's secretary on "Entourage") and Cat Grant (sp?) because Callista and Matt previously had a kissing scene on Brothers & Sisters (Callista played a character named Kitty).

• Love 2

EW:

Does Savitar show up in The Flash midseason finale? — Kyle

You’ll see the god of motion much sooner than that! “People will have seen him before the crossovers,” EP Greg Berlanti reveals. “He appears in episodes 6 and 7.” But if scoop on the midseason finale is what you’re after: “You’ll find out who Alchemy is,” Berlanti says. (Be sure to pick up this week’s issue of EW for a ton of scoop on the upcoming four-way crossover!)

Crossover! episode description:

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29

"Invasion!" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

IT'S HEROES VS. ALIENS IN THIS EPIC CROSSOVER EVENT -

When aliens called the Dominators attack Central City, Barry speeds over to Star City to ask the Green Arrow (guest star Stephen Amell) for help in stopping them. Realizing the battle against the Dominators is bigger than they thought, they track down the Legends of Tomorrow, and Barry and Cisco create a breach to bring back a secret weapon - Supergirl (guest star Melissa Benoist). Once all of the super friends are assembled, they come up with a plan to attack but a shocking secret related to Flashpoint is revealed and suddenly no one is sure who they can trust. Meanwhile, Wally wants to join the battle against the aliens but Iris tells him he's not ready.

Dermott Downs directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing
(#308). Original airdate 11/29/2016.

Descriptions for the other crossover episodes.

Christmas episode! 3.09 description:

"The Present"

BARRY SEEKS HELP FROM JAY GARRICK -

With Alchemy and Savitar still looming threats, Barry is unable to focus on the Christmas holiday, and especially his relationship with Iris. Determined to stop Savitar, Barry goes to Earth-3 to get advice from Jay Garrick (guest star John Wesley Shipp). Wally wants to help Barry fight Savitar and reveals that he's been training with H.R. (Tom Cavanagh), which doesn't go over well with Barry. As Cisco faces his first Christmas without his brother Dante (guest star Nicholas Gonzalez), old wounds are reopened.

Rachel Talalay directed the episode with story by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing and teleplay by Lauren Certo
(#309). Original airdate 12/6/2016.

Oh, come on. If they could train Jesse, now that Wally has his powers, they should be training him too. They better have a real good reason -- not holding my breath, though.

Ugh, show; nobody wants sad Cisco. Not that he has to be comic relief all the time, but it's stupid that they changed his personality because of Flashpoint.

• Love 1

Yeah, I think sad Cisco is a mistake as well. Cisco's role as the comic relief and wisecracker was perfect and they really hadn't overused him at all. Taking that away is a real loss, although I'm sure he'll go back to being that eventually. Hopefully.

• Love 6

From EW:

How is the team going to react to Caitlin going all Killer Frost next week on The Flash? — Sarah

Not well. “People will be pretty worried,” Keiynan Lonsdale tells me. “Killer Frost from Earth-2 wasn’t a friendly foe. With Caitlin being scared of her powers, that can also be an issue, because when you push something away, the higher the chance of it being able to take over. That increases the fear. I think the team recognizes that and it’s another challenge they have to face.”

I highly doubt that they'd kill off Iris -- not even the way they killed Cisco then reversed the timeline. I don't want to jump to a conclusion early, because there no way to know the context yet.

• Love 1

I`d say she probably is badly hurt but in no way do I believe she dies. If she did die, it would mean Barry goes back in time to fix it and, considering how they are currently hammering home how much of a no-go that is, I can`t see it happening. IMO the only way Iris would die if CP legitimately wanted off the show and I have heard nothing on that account. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

I`d say she probably is badly hurt but in no way do I believe she dies. If she did die, it would mean Barry goes back in time to fix it and, considering how they are currently hammering home how much of a no-go that is, I can`t see it happening. IMO the only way Iris would die if CP legitimately wanted off the show and I have heard nothing on that account. 

I also feel like they wouldn't let that big of an event slip through to spoil it. They'd want to do it privately.

I hope that Iris isn't dead, only because it would take away everything Barry's been saying this season to have him run back in time to save her. It would definitely ruin his relationship with Cisco and I wouldn't blame him. Her death would either ruin his relationship with Joe/Wally or his relationship with Cisco/Caitlin. Her getting seriously hurt, though, would potentially save all aspects of his relationships with people. 

• Love 2

The pictures reminded me of Arrow when Oliver is holding a gravely-injured Felicity just like that as the cliffhanger for the mid-Season Finale. From just a still image of that scene, she probably would have looked dead. In the episode it was clear she wasn`t. I believe they will pull the same stunt here with Barry and Iris.

• Love 2

Tease from Kreisberg about the back end of the season:

"There's a villain coming up who's another one of the husk villains that was created by Alchemy, so there's that to deal with, but the midseason finale kind of creates a new problem for our heroes that they weren't anticipating -- something that they've never faced before," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg told reporters today at a screening for the Invasion! crossover. "And it's so big we're actually considering changing the saga sell from talking about Flashpoint to talking about that, because that's what's driving a lot of the episodes, actually. Flashpoint won't loom as large as the threat that presents itself in 309."

I'm not completely sure that was time travel.  It almost felt like Alchemy used the stone to give Barry a vision of his greatest fear (Iris getting killed by Savitar)... like a villain induced "It's a Wonderful Life"?   I guess we will see.  

That's the mid season finale?  That's kinda early, right?

Edited by phoenics

Well, that's probably the closest we'll ever see to Hamill playing a live action Joker.  Hopefully he sticks around for more than just a short scene where Barry travels to Earth 3 and arrives during the tail end of the Jay/Trickster confrontation but I suspect they won't want to spend too long on Jay's adventures.  I'm sure they want to save time for more moping (Cisco, Barry), whining (Wally), and nagging (Iris, Joe).

On 11/30/2016 at 1:21 AM, BkWurm1 said:

If this was a horror movie, Iris would be dead within the half hour.      

My first thought when her coat dropped was that I hoped this wasn't going to be a "have sex and die" situation. Do you hear me, writers? Even if it is a temporary, false, mind warp hallucination death!

• Love 1