Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Rick Cosnett making a return appearance. -- Flashback? Or maybe everyone will get (Alchemy?) visions of dead loved ones? Because Ronnie is coming back, and the actress that played Iris and Wally's mother shared a video from the Flash set on her social media.

I actually like Eddie (he was so underused!), I'll be glad to see him again -- although, they're probably going to try and use this to create angst/tension between Barry and Iris. Oy.

• Love 3

From the TV Line article about the musical crossover; It seems like Kara, J'onn, and Mon-El cross over to Earth-1. Even if he wasn't singing, I was hoping that James would cross over, because I've wanted to see him and Iris meet. I want Iris to interact with all the DCTV casts, actually -- which she's only done about twice in 3 seasons.

Terrible that Kara/Benoist is the only woman mentioned. And I welcome Victor Garber, but Merlyn really doesn't need to be on The Flash, no matter how well Barrowman sings.

Edited by Trini
Freudian slip with the names!

From the THR article in the media thread:

No more secrets: Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) has learned his lesson when it comes to keeping secrets from his friends and team, so his glimpse of the future in which Savitar kills Iris (Candice Patton) won't be kept from the STAR Labs team when the winter premiere begins. "We're going to pick up right away," executive producer Aaron Helbing tells THR. "Seeing Savitar kill Iris is going to have a profound effect on the team, on Barry, on Joe [Jesse L. Martin], on Wally [Keiynan Lonsdale] for the rest of our season. They'll find out right away. What Barry's learned throughout the season is that lies and secrets destroy his relationships or have the potential to destroy his relationships, so having learned his lesson he opens up pretty quickly. Barry and the rest of the team are going to do whatever it takes to make sure that future doesn't come true."

Changing the future: Barry has also learned that he shouldn't change the past after the repercussions of Flashpoint. But what about changing the future? Does that lesson also apply to not messing with time when it's an event that hasn't even happened yet?  "It's the woman he loves, he just moved in with, has been in love with for a very long time so at this point, he's just throwing caution to the wind and focusing on saving her, realizing that there could be ramifications but he'll deal with those ramifications after he's taken care of this problem," Helbing says.

No more WestAllen? When The Flash showrunners first began developing this storyline concerning Iris' fate, they "definitely know where" they were going to take it. "I don't want to spoil anything but we love Candice Patton so much. We love Iris and Barry together," Helbing says. "We just found it to be so interesting. Barry couldn't save his mom. He couldn't save his dad. And now he wants to be with Iris forever, so it gives us a lot of opportunities to revisit that future event based on Vibe's [Carlos Valdes] abilities, and to us that felt exciting to try and see what happens when one of the team is killed and it's the most important person to Barry and he's willing to do whatever it takes to make sure she survives."

But does that mean the showrunners can envision a future for the show without Patton in it? "We don't take killing characters lightly but we wanted to explore how that would affect Barry in a different way," Helbing says. "You have a specific relationship with your mother and your father, and a very different relationship with the woman that you want to spend the rest of your life with. Because it's Iris, we get to explore deep down what Barry is willing to go through and what everyone else is willing to go through to make sure that she isn't killed by Savitar. Wally is going to continue to push himself because of that. It's an incident that drives everybody to come together to keep her alive. When Ronnie [Robbie Amell] died, he sacrificed himself for the team. When Eddie [Rick Cosnett] died, he sacrificed himself for the team. This is just straight up murder and so it's a different kind of story."

Now I'm feeling more certain that Barry is the one who gets "a fate worse than death" when he sacrifices himself (probably) at the end of the season. It's going to be the season-ending cliffhanger, I think.

Barry "dies" in Iris' place.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

EW Spoiler Room:

My full preview will post next week, but here’s a tease: “We’re going to see Cisco really realize what he can do,” EP Aaron Helbing says, teasing that fellow Viber Gypsy’s (Jessica Camacho) arrival will force Cisco to step up. “Gypsy is a very formidable adversary. He never realized the extent of his powers, and because of seeing Gypsy, he’s going to become more and more in tune with his powers and what he can do, whether it’s crossing dimensions or opening breaches much faster and quicker. He’s going to be building confidence, and that’ll definitely play into the rest of the season of helping Barry and the team stop Savitar from killing Iris.”

So Cisco and Wally get to hone their powers, but Caitlin is a villain if she uses hers?? ::siiiiiiiiiigh::
Do they even realize the stuff they write?

Edited by Trini
  • Love 4

3.12 description:

"Untouchable" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

THE TOUCH OF DEATH - Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team at S.T.A.R. Labs work together to bring down Clive Yorkin (guest star Matthew Kevin Anderson), a criminal meta-human who is methodically killing people by causing them to decompose at an accelerated rate. Joe (Jesse L. Martin) becomes his next target but it's Iris (Candice Patton) who is caught in the crossfire. The Flash mentors Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale) and begins to elevate the newer speedster's training to another level.

Rob Hardy directed the episode written by Brooke Roberts & Judalina Neira (312). Original airdate 2/7/2017.

I find it interesting that the only other cast members named, besides Barry, are the West family.

• Love 1

http://tvline.com/2017/01/22/the-flash-season-3-episode-10-preview/

TV Line Interview:

The Flash EP Previews Barry's Race to Save Iris, Big Savitar Reveal, a 'Very Formidable' New Foe and More

By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 22 2017, 4:30 PM PST

When last we tuned into The CW’s The Flash, Barry Allen (played by Grant Gustin) had seemingly sent steely Savitar packing — only to then tumble into a near-future where the “speed god” brutally slays Iris (Candice Patton). 

As such, “saving” Iris from that possible fate is foremost on Barry’s mind when Season 3 resumes this Tuesday at 8/7c. During the holiday break, I’ve teased you with bits and bites from co-showrunner Aaron Helbing; here now is our (mostly) complete midseason preview Q&A.

TVLINE | How worried should Iris West fans be?
You know, obviously, Barry loves Iris more than anything, and now that he has gotten a glimpse of the future, that’s kind of going to be the thrust of the back half of the season — Barry trying to do whatever it takes to save Iris. Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale) is going to play a huge part in that. Cisco (Carlos Valdes) will play a huge part. Everybody will play a huge part in saving Iris, because she’s part of the team.

TVLINE | But didn’t Savitar get put back into that box, which was then stashed away in the Speed Force…?
Yes, the box was thrown into the Speed Force, but because Barry got thrust into the future and he saw Savitar, it’s going to be kind of that itch that he can’t scratch — like, how is this possible? That’ll help drive Barry through the rest of the season.

TVLINE | As far as Savitar’s three prophecies, was Iris the one that “fell”? Is Barry, watching her die, the one who has “a fate worse than death”? Or do we not necessarily check two of those off the list yet?
I don’t think I would check any of them off of the list because the future’s malleable. Anything can happen.

TVLINE | I didn’t notice this when Savitar first showed up until Danielle [Panabaker] pointed out to me, the fact that Barry saw Savitar, but in that moment, Joe didn’t. Will the “why” of that be addressed?
Yes, we’ll reveal the why of that, and it’s going to be a pretty big reveal. There’s a reason why Barry could see him [in that moment] and no one else could.

TVLINE | Great work on the Savitar CGI, by the way. That guy scares the s–t out of me.
Yeah, I mean, the VFX guys at Encore are the best in the business as far as I’m concerned.

TVLINE | Are we heading towards the return of happy-go-lucky Cisco, or is there still a bit more darkness lingering?
Cisco’s going to come up against a very strong adversary [the metahuman bounty hunter Gypsy, played by Sleepy Hollow alum Jessica Camacho], and she’s going to be someone that he just can’t stop thinking about.

TVLINE | Gypsy is a character from the comic books, yes? What’s her deal?
Well, she essentially can cross dimensions. She’s a much more advanced Vibe, I would say, and she is a badass. She doesn’t take any prisoners. She’s very good at her job, and she’s a very formidable adversary for the team.

TVLINE | I was glad to see Caitlin turn it into a “white Christmas” with a simple flick of her finger. Is that something she can do freely, or is there still the threat of consequences if she gets willy-nilly with her power?
Because it’s The Flash, there’s always going to be that threat there, and that’s going to be something that she’s wrestling with for the rest of the season. We have big plans for Caitlin, ones that I think are really exciting and really satisfying.

TVLINE | I said to Danielle that, in the vision Cisco vibed, we don’t know that Caitlin was being the adversary. Cisco could’ve been the bad guy and she was trying to thwart him. These are questions we have.
Anything is possible in our universe.

TVLINE | How would you describe the Barry/Julian dynamic moving forward? Will they be chums? Are they conflict-free?
I would say they’re conflict-free. The thing about Team Flash is they’re willing to always give people the benefit of the doubt, give people a second chance. They’re very big on people making amends for their past mistakes. I mean, we know Barry’s made a ton of past mistakes. Cisco’s made some mistakes. Caitlin’s made some mistakes. So I think Barry will take the same attitude towards Julian that he takes with any of this other friends. Julian was overtaken by Savitar — he wasn’t 100-percent here — but he feels culpable, so he wants to make amends.

TVLINE | Was it pure serendipity that Tom Felton was cast in a storyline that involved something called The Philosopher’s Stone?
Yes, 100-percent. We talked about it quite a bit, not expecting to get such an amazing actor like Tom Felton. I mean, it was just amazing. It’s like the stars aligned. We’re all huge Harry Potter fans, but that was just complete blind luck.

TVLINE | What sort of hurdles, if any, are in front of the officially christened Kid Flash? He’s got the skills. He’s got the suit. He’s got the desire.
He’s got the skills, but he’s got the hubris, too, that comes along with it. I mean, he was a drag racer in Season 2. He has that need for speed, so he goes a little half-cocked sometimes, and that gets him into danger. That will play out throughout the season, that he’ll have to realize that he’s got to check himself. There’s a reason why Barry has the attitude and the mentality that he has when he goes out there. He’s very methodical. He learned it from Oliver, and now he is try to impart that wisdom to Kid Flash.

TVLINE | A handful of people found it a bit jarring that Barry up and got himself and Iris a place to live. Are we to assume that they have been lovers for a period of time…?
You know, I think that’s open to anybody’s interpretation. I mean, [that closing scene] was a very romantic setting, a beautiful apartment and two people who love each other….

TVLINE | Right, but before I get my girlfriend and I a place to live, we have probably taken that step, you know? That’s why people are asking.
I mean, yeah, they’re two consenting adults who love each other. [A recent promo seems to clarify the intimacy issue.]

TVLINE | Speaking of romance, did I pick up on a vibe between Caitlin and Julian? Or is eggnog just eggnog?
I think they’re just friends for now. They’re two people who are struggling with what they’ve each had to go through this season, and they both understand each other’s plights, and so it’s just kind of perfect that they’ll come together as friends. Maybe they’ll go down that path, maybe not, but for now they share a common path that they want to try to help each other with.

TVLINE | Plus if I’m Caitlin, at this point, boy, I’m going to be really careful about my next boyfriend.
Yeah, definitely!

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

Explanation about Barry/Iris sex is weak. Clearly they never intended to make a big deal out of their first time and just figured people would think they did it that night.

Not enough! Why would they not think to make an important scene for their main couple's first time together?? Hello, are they new to this? It should have been a significant moment.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ruby24 said:

Explanation about Barry/Iris sex is weak.

They know they messed up (now, after the complaints).

23 hours ago, Proteus said:

Why is that interesting?

Just that it rarely happens.

Kudos to Matt, the interviewer, for persisting with the questions about Barry and Iris. I am glad that he put the showrunner on the spot and embarrassed him. Nice to see the entertainment media confronting the weird race issues in Hollywood.

People care way too much about whether Barry and Iris are having sex.  That interviewer looked like a dumbass and I probably would've rolled my eyes at the clown and called him out.  I mean, if that's all you care about with this show -- whatever.

Darren Criss as the Music Meister?  I was going to give that episode a chance but now, I am truly glad I am done with this horrible ass show.

• Love 1

With all the new info, any guesses as to who Savitar is? I think it's interesting that he almost makes a point of calling Barry 'Barry' and not 'Flash' like some other villains. Like he has a personal grudge against Barry for a deeper reason than just being defeated by The Flash at some point in the future.

Well, let's see:

Season 1: the main villain was an evil speedster pretending to be Barry's friend.  One of his greatest acts of villainy in the "present" was to skewer Cisco - fortunately, he got better.

Season 2: the main villain was an evil speedster pretending to be Barry's friend.  One of his greatest acts of villainy in the "present" was to skewer Henry - unfortunately, he did not get better.  Fortunately, his alternate is Jay Garrick.

Season 3: the main villain is an evil speedster.  One of his greatest acts of villainy in the "future" is to skewer Iris, who may or may not get better ( I doubt the actress is leaving the show but they could swap her out with an alternate a la Wells.)

I guess if Savitar isn't a friend then that's changing things up a bit.  If he is someone connected to Barry than possibilities could be a twisted Eddie or Ronnie since those guys have a good reason to blame Barry.

• Love 2

I'm hoping that Savitar is actually who they've said he is already: the first speedster, who also happens to have a grudge against (future) Barry.

My other theory is that it might be a version of Barry that has gone evil - from a similar comic arc. But I'd rather it's NOT that because they already botched Flashpoint.

• Love 1

EW Spoiler Room:

Can you say anything about the upcoming Earth-2 Flash episode with Grodd? — Keri

Here’s what we know: Gorilla Grodd will be wreaking havoc on Central City, and the two-parter will take place on both Earths — but Grodd isn’t the only familiar face that’ll appear on Earth-2. “The team will go to Gorilla City,” executive producer Aaron Helbing reveals. “We’ll see where Grodd was sent. We’ll see his standing amongst the other gorillas. There are some sequences in the two episodes that are unbelievable. They’re epic and unbelievable in scale and scope. I’ve never seen anything like it on television.”

Also Robbie Amell on set!

I *think* that's for episode 16.

Arrow EP tease of "the fastest crossover with Flash".

And another tease from Robbie Amell:

Earlier this month, EW exclusively revealed that Robbie Amell is returning to The Flash for an upcoming episode. Details on his return are still scarce, but the actor gave EW a little tease of what to expect.

“I was there last week,” ... “I can tell you that my scenes are with Grant [Gustin] and Danielle [Panabaker]. And I may or may not be alive.”

“I love Danielle, she’s so sweet,” he said. “I went to dinner with Victor Garber. It’s always great to work with all of them. I rarely get to have scenes with Grant. The only time he and I had a scene that was just the two of us, I was Stein at the time, I was pretending to be Victor Garber. So it was cool to have a real scene with Grant.”

Video of Candice talking about: Iris' reaction, Iris an Barry's home life, Rick's return and the musical crossover. I think this unfortunately confirms she won't be singing at all (though maybe she was just going along with it?), but she does mention rehearsal so it's possible she will be dancing.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/videos/candice-patton-on-how-iris-is-handling-future-reveal-on-the-flash-upcoming-musical-episode/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=feedburner&utm_campaign=video

• Love 1

More info on the musical crossover:

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend star and creator Rachel Bloom has co-written a song for The CW’s upcoming musical crossover between The Flash and Supergirl, BuzzFeed News can exclusively reveal.

Bloom told BuzzFeed News in a statement that as soon as she heard the two series were doing a musical crossover, she e-mailed The CW president Mark Pedowitz, who connected her with the shows’ executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg. “I immediately offered them my services,” Bloom wrote. “As soon as they picked one of my song ideas, I hopped on the phone with my old Robot Chicken boss Tom Root and we brainstormed and, based on that brainstorm, I wrote up the song ‘Super Friend.’ I am so excited to contribute more to the upward trend that is musicals in television and film. Music can be one of the most amazing and efficient forms of storytelling and character development. Also, it was really fun to write a comedy song for two superheroes.”

“Super Friend” will be performed by Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist in “Duet,” The Flash portion of the two-episode crossover, airing March 21 (the musical action kicks off at the end of Supergirl’s March 20 episode). Jesse L. Martin, Victor Garber, Carlos Valdes, Jeremy Jordan, and John Barrowman will also be singing in the episode, which will include Glee alum Darren Criss as Music Meister, aka the musical’s big bad.

The episode will also feature an original song written by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul (La La Land, Dear Evan Hansen) called “Runnin’ Home to You” that Gustin will perform.

I might be crying tears of joy right now. I was actually hoping that some of the CXG crew would work on this, since they're on the same network.

Edited by Trini
11 hours ago, Trini said:

More info on the musical crossover:

The episode will also feature an original song written by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul (La La Land, Dear Evan Hansen) called “Runnin’ Home to You” that Gustin will perform.

Okay, so I've been increasingly hopeful that we would get a sappy love song/ballad that Barry sings to/about Iris.  This has to be it, right?  Ah, the possibilities . . .

• Love 2
2 hours ago, netlyon2 said:

Okay, so I've been increasingly hopeful that we would get a sappy love song/ballad that Barry sings to/about Iris.  This has to be it, right?  Ah, the possibilities . . .

It definitely sounds like it could be a song Barry sings to/about Iris. I hope so, but I'll stay cautious(ly optimistic) until we hear more. I'm 50/50 on this musical episode. On the one hand it could be great, but the way they've been talking about it makes everything sound so rushed. It sounds like they picked the ones that could already sing and pick it up quickly (though they've left out some notable talents) which is understandable, but if there was no time I'd rather they'd have pushed it to next season so there was more time for rehearsal so the ones that couldn't sing or dance well could still participate. Maybe in group numbers or things like that.

I have nothing against the characters from the other shows coming in, I like all of them and look forward to seeing them interact with the cast, but If there's going to be a Flash musical episode I want to see the Flash cast singing and dancing. 

4 hours ago, netlyon2 said:

It probably is; it doesn't sound like he's singing it to HR. 

• Love 1

http://flashtvnews.com/the-flash-spoilers-attack-on-gorilla-city/27635

BARRY AND TEAM TRAVEL TO GORILLA CITY AND FACE GRODD – When Jesse Quick (guest star Violett Beane) informs the team that her father (Tom Cavanagh) has been abducted, Barry (Grant Gustin), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker), Cisco (Carlos Valdes) and Julian (Tom Felton) voyage to Earth-2 on a rescue mission to save Harry from Gorilla City. As they trek through the forest, Barry and the team are immediately captured and brought to Grodd (voiced by David Sobolov). Grodd tells them he needs their help to stop Solovar (voiced by Keith David), the leader of Gorilla City, as Solovar wants to invade Earth-1. Meanwhile, back on Earth-1, Jesse and Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale) hit the streets to stop a metahuman that can control gravity, with H.R. and Joe (Jesse L. Martin) guiding them from S.T.A.R Labs.

• Love 2

Hmmm - so is Grodd going to be the 'good guy' in that one? It sucks that Iris probably doesn't get to see Earth-2, but I hope we get to see Earth-2 Iris (+ Barry).

The entire "Science Team" goes to Gorilla City, and they left HR/Joe in charge??

I'm starting to really look forward to this crossover. Ever since I heard who's doing the songs it made me perk up. Although, do we know if it's going to be ALL original songs, or are they singing some covers too?

I remember for the Buffy musical, Joss Whedon took an extra long time to compose all the music for it, so I'm guessing this one won't be all original music.

12 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I'm starting to really look forward to this crossover. Ever since I heard who's doing the songs it made me perk up. Although, do we know if it's going to be ALL original songs, or are they singing some covers too?

I vaguely remember reading they were doing a mix of original songs and covers, but I can't remember where I read it.

Hmm.. I wonder what happened to Iris.

Interesting that Grodd is actually wanting to help Earth 1. I hope things haven't sucked for him since he got sent there. Maybe he realized they were trying to give him what he wanted-- more of his own kind-- and that they weren't trying to hurt him.

Some more BTS pictures (spoilery) from filming on friday here. They were filming outside, so people took pictures.

When the guy from the promo touches people something happens to them an it looks like he touched Iris' arm.

Maybe Grodd has something to do with why Caitlin travels along to Earth 2. He trusted her before and, like you said, perhaps he realized that they were trying to help him. 

• Love 1

Something else I just noticed from the future news broadcast. It said that CAPTAIN Joe West was honored at City Hall. That means Singh is no longer captain and Joe got a promotion. I haven't seen if that was discussed yet or not.

I wonder if Grodd is lying to them. I think Solovar was a good guy in the comic books-- but then, maybe he's evil on Earth 2. The Grodd on Earth 1 isn't necessarily evil though. He was just doing what Eobard told him to do and then he just didn't want to be alone.

• Love 1

I'm bored so I'll drop some bits here...

Spoiler

When Barry threw the Philosopher's Stone into the Speed Force, there was an explosion, and he was propelled to the future.

The future?

It was a few months from now. What he saw was himself standing before Savitar...and me.

Right before Savitar killed me.

So you're saying that in a few months...you die?

Unless we can change the future, Dad.

- Which we're gonna do, Joe, okay?

I'm not...we're not gonna let this happen.

How long have you known about this?

How long?

A couple weeks now, Joe.

And you're just telling me now? That's my daughter!

Dad, I didn't want them to say anything because I knew how you would react.

This is not something you keep from your father, Iris! You should've known that.

And you should've too.

I know, Joe.

Look, I can understand why they didn't want to tell me because they didn't grow up under the same roof that you did.

They don't know they don't know what my baby girl means to me, Barry, but you do.

I know.

Edited by YonkouProdutiona
  • Love 2

Boo! Keiynan doesn't get to sing in the musical:

We know you don't have a song in the Supergirl musical crossover, but should we expect a dance number or two?

Lonsdale: No, I'm not dancing or singing in the musical. But maybe we'll have another one one day. I'm not so sure. But not in this episode, unfortunately.

Jesse (Violet Beane) returns in an upcoming episode. Where does their relationship stand now and will we get any more romantic moments between the two?

Lonsdale: I think we definitely will. Where we left off last time, they were in a good place, but now also we have to deal with the fact that Wally has powers. And last time they connected, Jesse was the one with powers. So it's going to bring up different dynamics and it will be interesting for fans to watch.

This may just be me who hopes for this. But can the person above who keeps leaking scripts from Arrow episodes, and now Flash episodes hide the contents in a spoiler tag even here? I had to avert my eyes fast when I realized that was script info from this weeks episode. I like reading spoilers, but not leaks that will ruin the episode. Just my feelings.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Proteus said:

This may just be me who hopes for this. But can the person above who keeps leaking scripts from Arrow episodes, and now Flash episodes hide the contents in a spoiler tag even here? I had to avert my eyes fast when I realized that was script info from this weeks episode. I like reading spoilers, but not leaks that will ruin the episode. Just my feelings.

Or at least intro the leak saying that it is dialog from an upcoming episode.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Trini said:

Or at least intro the leak saying that it is dialog from an upcoming episode.

Seriously. I was just coming on here to ask if this was an actual script and then make my displeasure known if it was. To the original poster...Sir or Madam...I know this is the spoiler forum but I still think scripts should be tagged, just as a courtesy. 

• Love 1
On 2/6/2017 at 8:08 PM, YonkouProdutiona said:

When Barry threw the Philosopher's Stone into the Speed Force, there was an explosion, and he was propelled to the future.

The future?

It was a few months from now. What he saw was himself standing before Savitar...and me.

Right before Savitar killed me.

So you're saying that in a few months...you die?

Unless we can change the future, Dad.

- Which we're gonna do, Joe, okay?

I'm not...we're not gonna let this happen.

How long have you known about this?

How long?

A couple weeks now, Joe.

And you're just telling me now? That's my daughter!

Dad, I didn't want them to say anything because I knew how you would react.

This is not something you keep from your father, Iris! You should've known that.

And you should've too.

I know, Joe.

Look, I can understand why they didn't want to tell me because they didn't grow up under the same roof that you did.

They don't know they don't know what my baby girl means to me, Barry, but you do.

I know.

Oh, so this was actually from the script...Thank you for sharing! :)

(though I agree with the request that maybe next time it could be under a cut or come with an intro)

I don't have the links right now, but apparently there was a short video and some photos of Savitar vs Jesse Quick. They actually used a suit that lights up with blue in some spots. It looked pretty neat. The totally CG stuff can be kind of meh.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Earth 2.

And I do wonder why Jesse isn't going along to save her own father.

Another spoiler/BTS for the Musical Crossover:

This makes it seem as if only these people will be dancing (in an earlier tweet he called today the day for the big production number). Kind of disappointed, I was hoping that there would be a big number with everyone dancing even if they weren't singing. Though I guess it wouldn't make sense for a character to dance and not sing (since they'd be under the Music Meister's control).

• Love 1

How are they getting Malcom into this?  His connection to Team Flash is tenuous at best.  Not to mention he's off in time trying to obtain the Spear of Destiny.   Which brings up another question, since I don't watch Arrow.   Has Malcolm been on this season?  Since Thane took him during the 4th season finale that doesn't seem possible.   

I also wonder why Jesse is not going on the mission to save her father.

About Captain Joe West, I hope nothing happens to Singh. But I'm starting to wonder if the headline of Joe being honored is a positive thing. They made a point of having HR saying, good for Joe, but what if that was to purposefully misdirect. The team will now likely operate under the impression that Iris is the one that dies according to Savitar's 'predictions', but maybe it is was Joe all along. Not because of them trying to change the future as many are speculating, but because that was what the headline of Joe being honored was about. Maybe Joe died, and Iris went after Savitar and that's how she got into that position. In that case if they save Joe, they save Iris, too. Maybe that's too simplistic, but I don't want anyone to die.

I remember in one of the recent interviews it was said that it isn't a coincidence that Barry was sent to that moment in the future. 

Is it a coincidence that Barry landed in that particular time or is there more to it?
Nothing is a coincidence when it comes to Savitar. I mean, Savitar is the most formidable adversary that Barry and the team have come up against. They throw the Philosopher’s Stone into the Speed Force and he gets thrust to that specific time period for a reason.

It might just be me, but this makes it seem as if it is Savitar that somehow pushed Barry there (personally I'd prefer it to be the Speed Force, but we'll see). If it is Savitar somehow than maybe he's trying to distract the team/Barry from something else going on. 

On 1/26/2017 at 6:35 PM, cambridgeguy said:

Well, let's see:

Season 1: the main villain was an evil speedster pretending to be Barry's friend.  One of his greatest acts of villainy in the "present" was to skewer Cisco - fortunately, he got better.

Season 2: the main villain was an evil speedster pretending to be Barry's friend.  One of his greatest acts of villainy in the "present" was to skewer Henry - unfortunately, he did not get better.  Fortunately, his alternate is Jay Garrick.

Season 3: the main villain is an evil speedster.  One of his greatest acts of villainy in the "future" is to skewer Iris, who may or may not get better ( I doubt the actress is leaving the show but they could swap her out with an alternate a la Wells.)

I guess if Savitar isn't a friend then that's changing things up a bit.  If he is someone connected to Barry than possibilities could be a twisted Eddie or Ronnie since those guys have a good reason to blame Barry.

I guess when you put it like that Savitar having a personal grudge against Barry rather than Flash isn't that original of an idea ?. But I feel like Thawne was out to get Flash rather than Barry. He didn't know Flash was Barry until years into their feud (and ironically getting to know Barry after he changed the timeline made him appreciate him ). Ultimately his feud was with The Flash for reasons still unknown to us. 

Zoom just wanted to be the fastest in all the multiverse, or something. I think he came to Earth 1 to steal the speed of the fastest person, and that happened to be Barry. But it wasn't personal.  Personally, I never really bought that Jay was really that much of a mentor for Barry. They only went on 1 mission together once. Most of the time Jay was saying that they shouldn't do something or other.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want it to be someone either from the team, or someone they think is dead, but I just thought it was interesting that Savitar makes a point of calling him Barry in some of these crucial moments, and not Flash. What does 'Finally I'm free of you' even mean and how does killing Iris accomplish that?

8 minutes ago, Maverick said:

How are they getting Malcom into this?  His connection to Team Flash is tenuous at best.  Not to mention he's off in time trying to obtain the Spear of Destiny.   Which brings up another question, since I don't watch Arrow.   Has Malcolm been on this season?  Since Thane took him during the 4th season finale that doesn't seem possible.

I know he was in the crossover episode, but that wasn't the real him. Other than that I don't remember, but I don't always pay close attention...

17 hours ago, zannej said:

I don't have the links right now, but apparently there was a short video and some photos of Savitar vs Jesse Quick. They actually used a suit that lights up with blue in some spots. It looked pretty neat. The totally CG stuff can be kind of meh.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Earth 2.

And I do wonder why Jesse isn't going along to save her own father.

Great, so now it's Jessie's turn to get the tar beaten out of her by Savitar.  Now I want to see Eobard Thawne meet up with him for a few rounds.  If Eobard's afraid of Black Flash now, imagine what he'll be like after Savitar kicks Eobard's ass all over the multiverse.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1

EW Spoiler Room:

Did you get any Flash scoop on Killer Frost? — Kendra

When I asked how Cisco would try to help Caitlin quell her Killer Frost tendencies, Carlos Valdes dropped a truth bomb: “Caitlin has some secrets of her own that are going to come to light and are going to change not just the dynamic of the team, but also her own feelings about her dynamic within the team,” he says. “It all comes to a head.” Make of that what you will.

Caitlin has been all over the place this season.

And a tease for the musical:

I can’t tell you what, but I am gleefully humming a song I heard on The Flash-Supergirl musical crossover set, which is permanently cemented in my head.

• Love 1

Part 2 (episode 3.14) description:

"Attack on Central City" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

THE EPIC CONCLUSION TO THE TWO-PART BATTLE WITH GRODD - When Grodd (voiced by David Sobolov) and his army of gorillas bring the battle to Earth-1, The Flash (Grant Gustin) and team must find a way to stop them before they destroy Central City. Gypsy (guest star Jessica Camacho) returns to join the fight. Meanwhile, Jesse Quick (guest star Violett Beane) decides she wants to stay with Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) on Earth-1.

Dermott Downs directed the episode with story by Todd Helbing and teleplay by Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes
(#314). Original airdate 2/28/2017.

Hmmm... would they actually have 3(!) speedsters on the show for more than 2 episodes? Wally and Jesse are cute together, but I don't know about her staying. Then again, it could just be a misdirect. Maybe she changes her mind by the end of the episode.

Yay, Gypsy's back! I wonder if they plan to have her back again before the end of the season.