Type keyword(s) to search

So What Are You Listening To?

aradia22
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I never thought the day would happen, but I like the same music as One4Sorrow2TooBad. But I love it because it was in Lord of the Rings. Lisa Kelly is a fine enough singer.

On 11/30/2021 at 11:42 PM, Bastet said:

I didn't watch that show, but I remember reading she was on it; that explained why suddenly more people recognized her music when I had it on.  I played the hell out of her song "Maryland" back in the day:

Yep, the was a good song. On to her third album "It's Good, Eve".

19 hours ago, Anduin said:

So I heard a very average cover of a Crowded House song today, and they never moved me to start with. Let me give you New Zealand's best musical export, Alien Weaponry!

Heh, as a CH fan, now I'm curious what the cover was :D. 

Interesting group, that Alien Weaponry! They remind me a bit of someone else musically, but I can't quite think of who. Lead singer's got some strong pipes on him. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Heh, as a CH fan, now I'm curious what the cover was :D. 

Interesting group, that Alien Weaponry! They remind me a bit of someone else musically, but I can't quite think of who. Lead singer's got some strong pipes on him. 

Weather With You, performed by a group of teens at a street festival.

I've heard a lot of metal, and do like the trend of mixing it with traditional music styles. But I can't think of anything that similar to AW. Still, if you figure it out, I'd like to hear it!

1 minute ago, Anduin said:

Weather With You, performed by a group of teens at a street festival.

I've heard a lot of metal, and do like the trend of mixing it with traditional music styles. But I can't think of anything that similar to AW. Still, if you figure it out, I'd like to hear it!

Ah, okay. That one seems to get covered a lot, from what I've seen. 

Yeah, it was mainly the guitars that reminded me a bit of someone else. But I'm with you that the metal and traditional music blended really well together with this group. If it does come to me, I'll let you know!

• Love 1

Fourth album "7:30". The first album of hers, which initially I did not like or maybe had to listen with a fresh and woken up mind to appreciate it. Today it had a totally different sound for me. But, still, nothing compared to her previous three albums.

Fifth album "Chinatown". As with the previous one, okey, but doesn't hold a candle to the first three. Best songs Rain or Shine, Good to yourself and Radical Light (which, IIRC, was in the album Radical Light, but this is live version I reckon).

Semi-last studio album of Vonda "Solo". I like it as much as the first three, but either I am imagining or these are her best songs from firsts albums, but only with her playing on a piano.

Edited by Rushmoras

So, decided to listen to some Xmas music, and since I wasn't in the mood for my traditional Sinatra, ABBA etc., I thought, wait, Tarja Turunen (ex-Nightwish vocalist) did an xmas album once upon a time. And... well... yep, it sure is a Christmas album 😀 Some songs in Finnish, some in English

Edited by Rushmoras

When I first heard this song, I thought, nice, it's pretty. But the more I listen to Cardigan, it really is such a beautiful song. Taylor is talented, and her music always make me feel good, even when it's a little different from what I expect from her. 

• Love 2

So, just listened through Robbie Williams jazz album (yes, he had one) called "Swing when you're winning". And... nope. Can't say I liked it, the only song that caught my attention was that one single with Nicole Kidman he did back in two-thousands...

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Sabaton bringing it on.

Wait a minute! I thought you were all about pop and ballads! Now you're posting heavy metal? That's my territory! Welcome, BTW. :) Seriously, the more the merrier.

My favourite Sabaton song is Winged Hussars.

Strictly speaking, I'm listening now to Robbie Williams "Take the Crown" album (pretty good, considering that majority of songs after Sing When You're Winning album were kind of meh), but this one:

Edited by Rushmoras
21 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

So, decided to listen to Epica and... well, I'll be damned. First album IMO better than majority of Nightwish or Within Temptation works. I'm impressed.

I don't mind some Epica, though I do prefer the others. I'd have to say my favourite female metal singer might actually be Lori Lewis, for her work in Therion. Liv Kristine was pretty good back on the first two Leaves Eyes albums. And a recent entrant is Alia O'Brien, from the nowhere as heavy as their name suggests, Blood Ceremony. Less fantasy lightness, more almost dreamy doom, if that makes any sense.

Never got into the female screamers like Angela Gossow or Jinjer. Full respect for going for it, but it doesn't grab me.

• Love 1

Started relistening to U2. And... I like their Remasterd albums whole lot more than originals. Its drastically different sound to my ears to a point where much of their earliest albums were pretty unmemorable to me, but after listening to remasters, oh, boy, night and day.

Edited by Rushmoras
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

Is Zooropa and Pop albums from U2 are what you call progressive rock or alternative rock?

Alternative rock. Progressive rock tends to be used to describe groups like Yes or King Crimson or bands like that. U2 was never that kind of band. 

But yeah, for people who just tend to know some of U2's more well-known hits, Zooropa and Pop would definitely be a bit of a shock for them :p. I love Pop, that's actually honestly my personal favorite U2 album. I remember hearing about how divisive it was among fans when I first started getting into U2 and when I heard it I was confused as to why, 'cause I thought it was a great album. But I can see where some of the sounds and styles they explore on that one might not be to everyone's tastes, too. 

And Zooropa has one of my all-time favorite U2 songs on it, in "Stay (Faraway, So Close)". Such a fantastic song, that one. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Annber03 said:

But yeah, for people who just tend to know some of U2's more well-known hits, Zooropa and Pop would definitely be a bit of a shock for them :p. I love Pop, that's actually honestly my personal favorite U2 album. I remember hearing about how divisive it was among fans when I first started getting into U2 and when I heard it I was confused as to why, 'cause I thought it was a great album. But I can see where some of the sounds and styles they explore on that one might not be to everyone's tastes, too. 

I mean, yeah, I don't think it's a bad album at all, I mean, I liked 8 songs in it, which I put in recently created Best of folder xD But these two albums, yeah, they stood out haha

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rushmoras said:

I mean, yeah, I don't think it's a bad album at all, I mean, I liked 8 songs in it, which I put in recently created Best of folder xD But these two albums, yeah, they stood out haha

I'm glad you found so much to like off them :D! I think albums like that, from any band, are particularly fun and fascinating - I tend to like it when a band just goes all out and does something especially weird and unexpected musically. Even if the experiment doesn't quite work, I still admire them for trying something new and interesting in and of itself. 

Was thinking what other artist should I listen to... and decided to go with Texas. Somehow, in my mind, I thought that the group was a late nineties group, but their debut album was in 1989 (and a nice debut album, though, their second one is kind of depressing; didn't like it much). Now listening to their third one "Ricks Road" (1993).

Best song in the album IMO.

7 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

Was thinking what other artist should I listen to... and decided to go with Texas. Somehow, in my mind, I thought that the group was a late nineties group, but their debut album was in 1989 (and a nice debut album, though, their second one is kind of depressing; didn't like it much). Now listening to their third one "Ricks Road" (1993).

Best song in the album IMO.

The video is unavailable. What's the title?

7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The video is unavailable. What's the title?

Texas - Fearing These Days.

EDIT: That's interesting. Are all the youtube vids I posted unavailable or just this one? Because I can see them all. Strange.

Edited by Rushmoras
  • Useful 1