Type keyword(s) to search

So What Are You Listening To?

aradia22
  • Start Topic

On ‎03‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 1:44 PM, Danny Franks said:

The Cranberries - Ode To My Family

That was a great song.  It should get more airplay on indie rock stations instead of Zombie (which I hate).

I'm currently listening to my cd of Under The Sun by Paul Kelly and the Coloured Girls - yes, I have the Australian import on cd.  I have the US vinyl release under Paul Kelly and the Messengers.  (Literally currently listening - it's in my work computer's cd drive right now.)

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 1:49 AM, Annber03 said:

Ooh, yes, great choice of song, indeed. Lots of songs by that band that are a great source of comfort in times like this. 

I wax and wane on some of U2's stuff, but this song is, and has always been, fantastic.  That album is underrated, imo.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm listening to Questlove dj live in a tribute to executive/producer Andre Harrell. I probably couldn't afford to get into a club were he is actually djing, so this is great.

If you are a fan of hip hop, I highly recommend his quarantine jam session. He works with themes, today it's Harrell, last weekend it was James Brown etc. You can find them on Twitch, Youtube or Instagram.  Just look for The Roots on them.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 1

The new Alestorm album, Curse of the Crystal Coconut. There's always been some humour around Alestorm, but the joke has always been presented with some great tunes. However, the joke seems to have worn a little thin and the tunes aren't so great.

Besides, there's Wind Rose now, with a similar schtick.

Why did no one tell me there was a new Batushka EP out? Furthermore, why didn't I spot the news on FB? Further-furthermore, which version of Batushka am I actually listening to? It sounds like Kryph, but it might actually be Bart. If I'm reading Wikipedia right, it's Bart. That would explain why it lacks something, and why I didn't hear about it earlier. The band was Kryph's idea, but Bart kind of nicked it from him. Now there are two with the same name. It's tricky.

I just fell into the Samara Ginsberg YouTube rabbit whole. She's a cellist who arranges multiple cello (typically eight) scores for TV and movie themes. Then she records each of the tracks and edits them into a final composition.

I wonder how she found out about half of these shows. That's stuff her parents watched.

• Love 1

My mum forced me to play her some ABBA, her favorite band growing up. She requested Money, Money, Money, which she said was her favorite. Then I played her some of my favorites from the band (no thanks to her influence during my childhood), and we ended up with a small ABBAthon including Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) and Does Your Mother Know, both of which I like because of their faster beats.

Edited by MagnusHex
  • Love 4