Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I'd say that 30 inches definitely counts as a Snowpocalypse.  I hope you have enough food and water, and that your electricity holds out.

Anyone going to be watching the X-Files?  Even after all this time and her career, they still offered Gillian Anderson half of what they offered David Duchovny.

I'm totally watching The X-Files tomorrow night.

Yeah, I just read that article and was saddened but not shocked.

ETA: I measured at 5PM there was 22 in my backyard. It was still snowing so I'll end up over 2' not sure if I'll hit 30 in.

Edited by Morrigan2575

We've got 20" outside. I have never been more glad that I live in an apartment complex with an attached parking garage, so I don't have to shovel a damn thing. I feel really bad for the people who use street parking - the drifts pretty much buried all of their cars up to their roofs. 

I'd say that 30 inches definitely counts as a Snowpocalypse. I hope you have enough food and water, and that your electricity holds out.

Anyone going to be watching the X-Files? Even after all this time and her career, they still offered Gillian Anderson half of what they offered David Duchovny.

Thanks! We're ok here, power's still on and we made chocolate chip cookies. Last time I saw weather like this it was 1996 and I was doing an internship in NYC. That storm sucked. I went to college in RI and we got walloped a few times but growing up in upstate NY, we got that kind of weather all the time.

Excited for the X-Files but pissed that we're still dealing with idiotic pay inequality for women. It's 20-fucking-16, people.

• Love 1

Resident Evil 5 or 12 or whatever is on. I like Milla so tend to watch them, and I'm always left thinking that these people have to be SO TIRED. They never even get to sit down for more than a few minutes, and every movie ends with the next threat approaching, so there's not even a break between crises when there's a break between movies. They have to be dying for a week off.

I'm not a fan of those movies.  You've already got source material, and popular characters, but they all take a backseat and kneel to the bestest, most awesome, greatest character ever in Alice.  I stopped after the 3rd one.  Keeping it all about Alice in a movie where they brought in Claire was the last straw, plus I was bored with it.  It was already on a thin strand with Alice beating Nemesis in a fist fight in the 2nd movie.

Anyone going to be watching the X-Files?  Even after all this time and her career, they still offered Gillian Anderson half of what they offered David Duchovny.

I'll be watching Royal Rumble instead.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 1

I will, while crossing my fingers hoping it doesn't kill my love for the show. Hopefully by then I'll have stopped rolling my eyes at the inane salary offer.

My Felicity Funko arrived today! From Australia! (GameStop is officially the woooorst.)

Hopefully the two I ordered should be coming soon!

That skirt really is that short. :)

That's her jacket. From the Queen household scene "I love you." 2x23
  • Love 3

And thank you all for the links and sketches, if you can think of any side view scenes where Oliver (showing his left side if possible) is still in his arrow suit with the quiver strap on talking with Felicity that would be useful. You know, I always knew Arrow had dark colors but damn! you really notice it when you are trying to find a well light screen cap and.. you're falling short!.

There's also this fan art by Deviant Art at http://www.deviantart.com/art/Arrow-Olicity-512287770 (I know it's not exactly what you want)... arrow___olicity__tumblr__by_kumagorochan

Edited by tv echo

Thanks! We're ok here, power's still on and we made chocolate chip cookies. Last time I saw weather like this it was 1996 and I was doing an internship in NYC. That storm sucked. I went to college in RI and we got walloped a few times but growing up in upstate NY, we got that kind of weather all the time.

Excited for the X-Files but pissed that we're still dealing with idiotic pay inequality for women. It's 20-fucking-16, people.

Which college in RI? If you don't mine me asking.

I'm glad your electricity held out.  It's not fun in a storm but many times harder without heat or cooking facilities. We lost power in our big storm two years ago and I had to heat by candles.  It's surprising how much heat a bunch of tea lights in a glass jar can produce.

Making cookies is always good.

.Excited for the X-Files but pissed that we're still dealing with idiotic pay inequality for women. It's 20-fucking-16, people.

Yay for her for holding out for parity though.  Stay strong, Gillian.

I heard Marissa Roffman (TV Guide) say in an interview that one of the new episodes is on of her top 3 favourites so here's hoping they're good.

The press watched the first 3 episodes. The general consensus seems to be the first one is really really awful, the second one is better, the third one -- the one written by Darin Morgan -- is a gem.

I'm expecting the Chris Carter eps to be terrible, and the non-CC episodes to be watchable-to-good, so 1-5-6 = bad, 2-3-4 = good.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1

Yay for her for holding out for parity though.  Stay strong, Gillian.

FOX is a POS network. Those suits at FOX actually required GA to stand or walk a few steps behind DD for the first few seasons. And they didn't even want GA to be cast as Scully and were pushing for a blonde bombshell, instead. For all his faults as a writer, I'm always thankful that Chris Carter fought to keep Gillian. I think the suits even tried to get her re-cast when she got pregnant--but CC and co. spun her pregnancy into the abduction plotline, which turned out so well for the show since that whole thing churned out some of the strongest episodes of the mytharc. But GA really fought hard back then, with no help from DD or CC, just to get on even footing salary-wise. So, it doesn't surprise me that FOX tried to lowball GA's salary, again, for the revival. It's just a good thing that she and DD have a better relationship now. His support, and the trufax that they can't do TXF without Scully, probably helped a lot more in negotiations this time around.

The press watched the first 3 episodes. The general consensus seems to be the first one is really really awful, the second one is better, the third one -- the one written by Darin Morgan -- is a gem.

I'm guessing the Darin Morgan episode is the one entitled "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-monster" on my DVR schedule? That's gonna be great! I loved the episodes by the Morgan brothers (and James Wong). I actually prefer some of the MOTW episodes to the mytharc ones.

• Love 1

I wish Vince Gilligan had time to contribute an X-Files script. He was one of my favorite XF writers, along with Darin Morgan and the Wong & Morgan. A friend and I were chatting the other night and we both realized we didn't really start paying attention to TV writers until The X-Files. 

• Love 4

Congratulations to you sports people that your team won (or the team you hated lost). I'm really only here for the barbecues and food spreads during most sports events stuff.

I wish Vince Gilligan had time to contribute an X-Files script. He was one of my favorite XF writers, along with Darin Morgan and the Wong & Morgan. A friend and I were chatting the other night and we both realized we didn't really start paying attention to TV writers until The X-Files. 

YES! Vince Gilligan! He wrote and co-wrote the most number of episodes that I loved and still repeatedly watch on Netflix (Bad Blood, Pusher, Christmas Carol, Memento Mori, Small Potatoes, Dreamland I and II, the list goes on...) Man, it would've been awesome if he got to pen something for the revival. I was so extremely happy that Breaking Bad was such a huge award-winning success for him.

Not only was The X-Files responsible for making me more aware of which writers write which episodes on shows but it was TXF that made me start paying attention to episode titles, as well. Then again, TXF was my gateway into fandom on the internets. No matter how annoying that dial-up connecting sound was and how long it took for Geocities, Angelfire, and Gossamer to load, I was going to get my fandom fix damnit! It's just really nice to read/see/be part of a community of people who were/are into the same things I was/am. Thank goodness for TWoP (RIP) and this board, too. Not only do you guys keep me well-informed about everything Arrow, y'all keep me sane and entertained. :)

• Love 4

For the first few seasons, I had friends in the US who taped XF in VHS and sent them to me, because the episodes were aired here with a 6 months delay. Then we'd gather a bunch of folks and screen the episodes in the meetups. International piracy, yay.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 8

Yayyy sports!!! *looks away* :p 

I don't follow football or anything else other than tennis. 

But happy for the people who were supporting the Broncos. For the people supporting the Pats, have some cupcakes and accept my cyber hug :)

• Love 1

I lent a neighbor some coconut oil so she could make some carrot muffins. She brought me 6 of them as a thank you and brought her kitty to visit and my team won.  And Red Trolley Ale. :)

It's was a good day.

• Love 3

I'm guessing the Darin Morgan episode is the one entitled "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-monster" on my DVR schedule? That's gonna be great! I loved the episodes by the Morgan brothers (and James Wong). I actually prefer some of the MOTW episodes to the mytharc ones.

Darin Morgan's episodes of TXF were sheer brilliance so I have no doubt that this one will rise to that same level. I feel much the same way about Vince Gilligan's work on the show. I also echo your sentiments re: the MOTW episodes. I was never a huge fan of the mytharc episodes--I think CC gives himself way too much credit for what IMO was a big old convoluted mess. Sounds like he still can't get it right in S10 so it's no surprise to me the critics aren't too keen on the first few episodes. This return would be 100% better had he just left the writing duties to Morgan, Morgan, and Wong. 

I wish Vince Gilligan had time to contribute an X-Files script. He was one of my favorite XF writers, along with Darin Morgan and the Wong & Morgan. A friend and I were chatting the other night and we both realized we didn't really start paying attention to TV writers un til The X-Files.

VG recently said that he was majorly bummed that he couldn't work on TXF revival episodes but said that if FOX allows them to do more then he definitely wants in. I desperately need that to happen because FOX needs to save CC from himself.

ETA: Sadly, I see so much similarity in CC's and MG's storytelling. They both have a tendency to come up with the most convoluted, off-the-wall storylines and think they're the most brilliant ideas ever and then wonder why the audience doesn't love them...all the while being as condescending as possible whenever anyone questions their decisions.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 3

I know critics weren't fans, and it may only be nostalgia talking, but I loved The X-Files. So happy to have Mulder and Scully back on my TV. 

Me too!  I had no idea how much I missed this show until I watched.  All the weird crazy stuff with me half the time not having a clue what's real and what's just some inane ramblings or someone's imagination and I loved it!  I adore that the show doesn't pander.  Twice I hit pause to Google a term or phrase.  (Couldn't do that last time the show was on) 

Can't wait to see tomorrow nights episode! 

• Love 2

Tiny bit.  In the movie Scully was working as a regular doctor again, that's clearly referenced and you should know that Mulder is no longer wanted by the government but beyond that, really, you're good to go.  The second movie really didn't touch much on the show's main mythology. 

I want to watch X-Files but I never saw the 2nd movie...will it make a difference?

• Love 2

I loved The X-Files back in the day, and Mulder & Scully were the first TV couple that I ever shipped (amazing chemistry).  However, I found the S10(!) premiere somewhat disappointing.  That's all I'll say, since I don't want to spoil it.  But I did love seeing Mulder & Scully back on my screen, and I'm hoping the remaining episodes are better.

• Love 1

James Queally, the Los Angeles Times reporter who reviews Arrow episodes (see Starling City Times thread), is one of the people featured in the Jan. 2016 issue of Crime Syndicate Magazine (Queally is also a "cops & crime reporter")...

James Queally ‏@JamesQueallyLAT
The cover of the debut issue of @CrimeSynMag ... featuring me! Get it on New Year's Day! #LifeOfCrime
CWYi_UiUwAEDLmZ.jpg
3:21 PM - 16 Dec 2015

https://twitter.com/JamesQueallyLAT/status/677267265880915968

What jerk programmed Grease Live opposite the Galavant finale?! No fair

The same people who programmed the X-Files return to appear right after an NFL Championship football game, thus having X-Files start a half hour later than promised, and forcing X-Files fans to watch Fox sports commentators interview the Carolina Panthers.

• Love 3

The same people who programmed the X-Files return to appear right after an NFL Championship football game, thus having X-Files start a half hour later than promised, and forcing X-Files fans to watch Fox sports commentators interview the Carolina Panthers.

And I forgot to extend my DVR :( missed 20 minutes.
  • Love 1

What jerk programmed Grease Live opposite the Galavant finale?! No fair

I have both on the DVR. It probably won't be as good as the original but I'm still excited for Grease live! But I have a crush on Julianne Hough and I like Aaron Tviet and Vanessa Hudgens as well so.....

• Love 1

Lucifer is on my DVR, watched about 15 minutes and it looks interesting.  Thankfully the lead guy is charismatic enough to carry this show because going by the promos it's pretty much going to be up to this guy to carry the show.

Of course (also based on promos) I'm dreading the eventual pre-determined romance with the blonde cop...because that's just how all these shows seem to go.

I will DVR both Grease and Galavant next week, just a question of which one I watch live (probably Galavant)

The second episode of The X-Files (last night) was better than the first, imo.  More cohesive story, and less wordy exposition.  DD and GA are really falling right back into their Mulder and Scully personas, and their interactions on screen are so familiar and welcome.  I am curious, though, as to whether DD dyed his hair between shooting eps. 1 and 2 because his hair is now not only shorter but grey-free.

• Love 1