Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

The new Star Trek series will launch in Jan. 2017 on CBS, with the hope/expectation that it will run for many seasons.  I hope that they cast a bunch of talented but unknown actors.

I loved Michael Weatherly (and also a young Jensen Ackles) in Dark Angel.  He played a much different character from DiNozzo.  However, I've always been fine with DiNozzo and in fact, prefer him to the increasingly grating Abby on NCIS.

Edited by tv echo

The idea of paying another fee to access the broadcast television station I am already paying for through my Sat provider is intolerable to me.  It starts to feel like a protection racket.  

• Love 5

Has anyone been watching Making a Murderer? I just finished it tonight and honestly don't know where to begin with my thoughts. It was extremely well done and compelling, but I've never yelled so much at my television.

I've watched the pilot of Shannara, and holy shit, it's laughably bad. Poor, poor Manu Bennett - even his hotness couldn't save it.

Also, I'm a huge fantasy nerd, and even this love for the genre couldn't save this show for me. It was just horrible. Also, the sooner I forget hunky shirtless elves, the better.

I pulled four new dogs from the Indy pound to foster and named the feeble old Chihuahua Barry Allen. I would have named my one current douchey overrated foster dog Barry, but she's a girl. (She's actually fine, but she is pretty nippy. She hasn't knowingly risked THE UNIVERSE to save her mom, though.)

• Love 3

Watching the Vikings vs Seahawks (-3 here in Minnesota for the outdoor game) and just saw a Batman vs Superman trailer with Clark Kent meeting Bruce Wayne and then shaggy haired Lex all excited that he introduced them. Lex is really, really awful. I need to radically readjust my expectations for his character. Ouch.

Oh and Go Vikings!

Watching the Vikings vs Seahawks (-3 here in Minnesota for the outdoor game) and just saw a Batman vs Superman trailer with Clark Kent meeting Bruce Wayne and then shaggy haired Lex all excited that he introduced them. Lex is really, really awful. I need to radically readjust my expectations for his character. Ouch.

Yeah, I was tentatively hopeful about Batman v Superman but I've had to readjust my expectations by quite a lot, too, after seeing a tv spot for it where Batman attempts to run over Superman with the Batmobile. I legit burst out laughing when the Batmobile bounced off Superman, who barely even felt it, and crashed into a pole. And then Batman did that "Do you bleed?" line after his attempted hit&run and crashing his car with Superman giving him the most WTF look before flying away. So hilariously terrible.

Wonder Woman remains the biggest reason I'm even going to watch this movie. Also, Henry Cavill's face/profile. He pretty.

• Love 3

Oh and Go Vikings!

That whole scene kills me because it's so meta...Lex telling Bruce "wouldn't want to pick a fight with this guy" (Clark)...hehe aren't we funny see...the whole movie is about these 2 fighting hahaha.

Every time I see that promo it annoys me more.

Go Vikings...hate the Seahawks

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Yeah, I was tentatively hopeful about Batman v Superman but I've had to readjust my expectations by quite a lot, too, after seeing a tv spot for it where Batman attempts to run over Superman with the Batmobile. I legit burst out laughing when the Batmobile bounced off Superman, who barely even felt it, and crashed into a pole. And then Batman did that "Do you bleed?" line after his attempted hit&run and crashing his car with Superman giving him the most WTF look before flying away. So hilariously terrible.

Wonder Woman remains the biggest reason I'm even going to watch this movie. Also, Henry Cavill's face/profile. He pretty.

I enjoyed how very slowly Batman stood up in the wrecked Batmobile. Way to convey a sense of urgency, Batffleck.

OMFG. I swear the only reason why the Seahawks didn't win the Superbowl last year was because Belichick's deal with the devil was better than Carroll's.

How in the hell did the blow that FG.

Crazy mad black magic by Seattle, that's how. Ask last year's Green Bay team. Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

I just had this feeling as the kicker was going up. I just knew he was going to miss. Just TOO much pressure.

I'm feeling very bad for the actual hardcore football fans.

Edited by BkWurm1

OMFG. I swear the only reason why the Seahawks didn't win the Superbowl last year was because Belichick's deal with the devil was better than Carroll's.

Crazy mad black magic by Seattle, that's how. Ask last year's Green Bay team.

Hah! I texted my friend a similar comment about Seahawks making a deal with the devil...it's just unreal.

As for Belichick...he doesn't have a deal with the devil...the devil is just plain scared of Old Bill.

Let's go Green Bay...

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

They really should have a song in the vein of Galavant's season two song (if  you've seen it you know what I mean) but about awards (and maybe s2 renewal when it comes).

That song took me from tolerating Galavant to suddenly loving it. 

RIP, David Bowie. :'( My friends and I were just talking about his new album and Lazarus video at brunch today. Can't believe he's really gone. I grew up listening to him and went to every one of his concerts since Serious Moonlight in 1983, including shows in Rome, London and Tokyo. Hope he knew how well-received his new album has been. Listening to it right now . . .

ETA: Bowie on "Extras"

Edited by dcinmb
  • Love 3

Went to the GameStop where I purchased my Felicity Smoak Funko Pop! and asked what their latest expectation was on her delivery.  The girl was very nice and showed me the screen and it showed the end of this month. She said that this was one of the worst promotions they have done in terms of not getting the product in even remotely on time.

While there I saw a huge poster advertising a new game Overwatch.  Don't know if it has anything to do with Guggie but thought I would pass it along.

• Love 3

Inside David Bowie's Final Days: 'He Was Saying Goodbye,' Says Longtime Friend Brian Eno (people.com)

David Bowie was quick in wit to the end.

The rock icon was 69 when he died of cancer on Sunday. And before his passing, Bowie began saying goodbye.

Longtime collaborator Brian Eno was in touch with Bowie just a week before his death.

"David's death came as a complete surprise, as did nearly everything else about him. I feel a huge gap now," Eno said in a statement honoring his friend.

"We knew each other for over 40 years ... Over the last few years – with him living in New York and me in London – our connection was by email. We signed off with invented names: some of his were mr showbiz, milton keynes, rhoda borrocks and the duke of ear," Eno continued.

"I received an email from him seven days ago. It was as funny as always, and as surreal, looping through word games and allusions and all the usual stuff we did," Eno added. "It ended with this sentence: 'Thank you for our good times, brian. they will never rot'. And it was signed 'Dawn'. I realize now he was saying goodbye."

. . .

• Love 3

Went to the GameStop where I purchased my Felicity Smoak Funko Pop! and asked what their latest expectation was on her delivery.  The girl was very nice and showed me the screen and it showed the end of this month. She said that this was one of the worst promotions they have done in terms of not getting the product in even remotely on time.

While there I saw a huge poster advertising a new game Overwatch.  Don't know if it has anything to do with Guggie but thought I would pass it along.

That really sucks...weird you guys are waiting soon long, they had no problem arriving in Australia.

I hate GameStop.  Sorry, just had to say it.

• Love 1

Was a little late to the Star Wars party due to unforseen family drama. But was finally able to see it overhead weekend and it was AMAZING!!! It definitely had the Force with it. The plot was a little predictable. But the acting was good and the script was crisp, funny and respectful to its predecessors.

As a JJ Abrams fan, I love that he added his own little -isms into it seamlessly like Greg Grunberg, 47, and some other stuff.

It just was a magical movie that transported me to another galaxy. Eagerly looking fwd to the next one. :)

Honestly, I'm not thrilled about any of the known actors on this shortlist...

Star Wars’ Han Solo Spinoff: Actor Shortlist Revealed (EXCLUSIVE)
JANUARY 11, 2016 | 10:00AM PT  Justin Kroll
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/star-wars-han-solo-spinoff-actors-1201675519/

Sources tell Variety that after seeing thousands of actors, execs have cut the list down to about a dozen actors with Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Dave Franco, Jack Reynor, Scott Eastwood, Logan Lerman, “Brooklyn” star Emory Cohen and “Everybody Wants Some” actor Blake Jenner among the names making the cut.

They should pick a talented unknown who really fits the part of a young Han Solo.  If they're afraid of not attracting movegoers (which, duh, it's Star Wars), then surround him with well-known actors in other parts.  And, more importantly, write a good screenplay.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5