Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I think...if you don't like Daredevil by Ep 3, you might just not like it. I loved it, but preferred the first half of the season to the second half. But I've also heard people say that the second half feels more comic-book-like, so maybe that would end up being more up your alley.

Based on the other shows you've loved, I have a couple suggestions. First, Orphan Black. It's on Amazon Prime streaming, and the 3rd season just started on BBCAmerica a couple weeks back. It's a ton of fun. Second, Fringe, if you've never watched that. The first season is more procedural (which isn't my favorite thing) but after that, gets more serialized and more engaging. Third, The 100, which I wish everyone in the world would watch. That one takes three or four episodes to really click into place (the first two eps...sort of feel like a different show), but when it gets going, it never quits.

ETA: Ha, cross-posted with Sakura, but clearly we're on the same page!

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 2
  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, Carrie Ann. I forgot about Fringe, but yes once you get past the first season, Fringe is really good.. 

Agreed that everyone should start watching The 100. The previews before it aired didn't interest me much, but a lot of people recommended it to me. Once I started it I couldn't stop watching it. It's the only show where the lead character does quite a few questionable things and I'm still like "Go, Clarke!". 

• Love 1

Will Outlander make me grumpy and frustrated?

Nope! But everything from Episode 7 onward will make you hot and bothered. :-) Like Sakura said, there's quite a bit of attempted rape, due to the time period, but other than that, I adore that show.

Until recently, I would have whole-heartedly endorsed Orphan Black, but it's starting to annoy me. Every episode is starting to feel like a variation of

Oh no! There are bad people threatening Kira, so Sarah has to send her away ... until Sara meets up with her again, and then someone threatens her again, so Sarah has to send her somewhere new ... until she meets up with her again and...

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.  Also, the Ra's storyline, which makes no sense, makes more sense to me than all the conspiracy stuff taking place on OB. I really miss Season One, TBH.

(edited)

Oh, I don't watch Orphan Black for the storyline, I watch Orphan Black to see Master Actress Tatiana Maslany play every character in the world, including playing one character playing another character. And probably my favorite voice so far is the scorpion. 

Also if you're into historical fiction, Vikings on the History Channel is a good show. 

Bates Motel (a modern day prequel re-telling of Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho") is another show I'm enjoying. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
(edited)

I need a suggestion of something to bing watch to distract me from looking for spoilers and clues constantly on Arrow.

I liked Outlander up until the show decided to take a midseason break...then I lost interest.  There's a lot of nudity, a lot of violence, and the lead female started to annoy the shit out of me, so I have three unwatched episodes sitting on my DVR right now.

Agents of SHIELD is okay...but it's not really must-see TV IMO.

Orphan Black is excellent, and I think that the first season was the best so far.  I liked Fringe, but I'm not sure I would want to binge-watch that one.  Don't know why, just wouldn't.  I like The 100 and there are some awesome female characters on there (Raven and Octavia, in particular).

Since you seem to be into sci-fi (Farscape, yeah!), I'd recommend 12 Monkeys.  And you know what, that show had several Nikita actors in it. Aaron Stanford is the main character (Birkhoff), Noah Bean was on there (Ryan Fletcher), Peter Outerbridge (Ari Tasarov) was in an episode, and Xander Berkeley (Percy) was in a few episodes.  The leads had great chemistry, the story was interesting, and I think it would do well in a binge-watch situation.

You might also like The Americans featuring Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys.  It's about two KGB spies posing as a married couple in America.  It's a pretty great show.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit

12 Monkeys is pretty fun, but like most mythology heavy shows, is in big danger of being buried under the weight of its own mythology. It does have pretty good characters and is actually the only show in the last few years where I ship the main couple (not obsessively, more like casually, but still, a good romance is hard to find).

Not a big fan of Orphan Black, I think it's overrated, but season one is pretty great. After that, meh.

The 100 is brilliant and very underrated. Season 1 is rather CW-ish, though, but give it a chance and you'll be glad. It's like Battlestar Galactica with a dash of Lost and s2-era Buffy. It also has a lot of great female characters.

• Love 1

As a devout fan of Alias who also loved Nikita I also highly recommend - Outlander (epic historical romance/drama with clash of culture/time from the time travel, great main couple with sizzingly chemistry), Orphan Black (fabulous acting, twists & turns, altho they are starting to repeat themes at times) & The Americans (grittier portrayal of the Spy life during cold war from Russian perspective, with all the family elements from s2 Alias). I also loved Chuck for a funnier verision of the Spy Life.

Covert Affairs - Similar feel to Alias with Piper Perabo being girl next door spy. Some decent plot twists & story arcs. The cast all had good synergy so you their chemistry & actions were believable & authentic.

Revenge  - Most of series was good with a few ups & downs (most s2 was as wanky as s3 Arrow, but the characters are worth sticking around for). Its series/s4 finale is coming up in May. This show started out strong and you wondered how Emily was going to red sharpie everyone and get away with it. And most of the time she did. S2 took a weird detour and they never really regained decent traction after that. But watching Emily willing to sacrifice everything to clear the name of her falsely accused father was good television. Gabriel Mann as Nolan Ross was just amazing, even when the show sucked. He was snarky & sincere at the same time. Also Emily VanCamp & Madeline Stowe were just amazing as arch enemies & at times frenemies. It had good scheming & was a plot rollar coaster.

Brothers & Sisters - If you are looking for something a little more happy with more family feel. It was a well written & acted family drama with some soapy tendencies. Its most definitely not violent, and it is a good change of pace. Great chemistry & acting throughout the entire cast. A significant portion of the production crew came from Alias to B&S. Sloan is there as Uncle Saul, but plays a complete different role & just kills it. Berlanti also has a hand in it, so it has his charm and solid characters that move the story and not the other way around where plot dictates character.

Graceland - I feel its an underrated & underreceived show. I find it riveting plot wise & the characters are constantly surprising you.Trust & loyalty issues are well done. It is does have real violence, which also keeps you on the edge of your seat. It follows a group of people who live together in a FBI safe house as cover for their jobs in the FBI, DEA, Customs. So its all about the toll of the undercover lifestyle as well as stopping crime/delivering jusice. Where are the lines drawn between cover & real life? It's well written & realistic.

I'm in the middle of doing a rebingewatch (is that a word?) of Nikita right now actually, considering I just burned through Gilmore Girls and the animated Justice League.

If you're looking for something a bit..less depressing, I'd go with a binge watch of Burn Notice. I've actually been watching that to go to bed lately because it has everything I love, . Action humour, romance bombs. Plus I totally ship Michael and Fi.

• Love 3

Sorry, wouldn't recommend Covert Affairs and Revenge to anyone. Revenge had some potential, but it was clear by the mid-season 1 that it was afraid of making bold choices, and from what I hear, it got massively worse afterwards.

If I had to describe Covert Affairs in one word, it would be "unimaginative". Or "inoffensive". "Mediocre" works too. Nikita and Alias (and Agent Carter, too) are far superior spy shows, even if the first two became much worse in later seasons.

• Love 2

need a suggestion of something to bing watch to distract me from looking for spoilers and clues constantly on Arrow.

If you up for something not genre I LOVED Peaky Blinders, it stars Cillian Murphy as 1920's gangster in Birmingham, England, it's got an amazing anachronicistic soundtrack that somehow stlll really works for the show.

And probably my favorite voice so far is the scorpion.

I feel like it's Marcel the Shell's evil counterpart.

(edited)

Ignore this quote I totally misread Graceland for Grace point.....obviously not fully awake yet!

I recommend you watch the original British version, Broadchurch. If you want more gritty mystery like that,  Top of the Lake is a great mini series set in New Zealand.

Agree with everyone else about Fringe, Orphan Black & the 100 & Agent Carter.

Empire is a lot of fun but not genre. As is Orange is the New Black and Veep.

For very silly, but still entertaining Teenwolf is pretty good, but don't expect great stuff from the lead character/Actor (Co-star Dylan O'Brian - Stiles makes it worthwhile) and the first season is a bit of a slug to get through and the 4 had a pretty big drop in quality, yet we still binge watched it and enjoyed it overall...it is also fun to see a lot of CW actors moving through the roles.

Edited by Genki
(edited)

Teen Wolf used to be silly yet fun, but season 4 was so horrible I'm still unsure I'll watch the next one. Just awful writing all around. Didn't enjoy it in the least. 

Edited by FurryFury

I think because we binge watched Season 1 - 4 of Teen Wolf, I didn't notice the major drop in quality until it was over, but I think we may still binge watch S5.

I hated his character on TW and I think I'll forever associate him with that jerk. Maybe because he isn't a good actor, too.

I only binged seasons 1-2 of the show and watched the rest on a weekly basis. I think 3B was the best season, although marred by the ending (they've killed my favorite character, bastards).

Sorry, wouldn't recommend Covert Affairs and Revenge to anyone. Revenge had some potential, but it was clear by the mid-season 1 that it was afraid of making bold choices, and from what I hear, it got massively worse afterwards.

If I had to describe Covert Affairs in one word, it would be "unimaginative". Or "inoffensive". "Mediocre" works too. Nikita and Alias (and Agent Carter, too) are far superior spy shows, even if the first two became much worse in later seasons.

Covert Affairs became terrible, by its third season. It suffered from what I have taken to calling USA Syndrome. This phenomenon where USA Network shows start off as fairly light, fluffy summer fun. A bit of excitement, some wit, stakes that aren't colossally high, and the appeal relies on good cast chemistry more than anything. But then by their third season, the writers have developed delusions of grandeur and have convinced themselves they're making some gritty, pull-no-punches, serious drama that needs to tug at the audiences' emotions. Except they're just not really good enough writers to pull that off, so everything just turns to humourless shit instead.

Suits and White Collar were two other prime examples of this.

I find myself so much less patient with TV shows these days, because time is at a premium, and I have no interest in being dicked around by writers who are trying to make a splash or capture an audience. Just write good, coherent, engaging television, and that will work for me. Sadly, that's probably why I currently only watch about three or four shows.

• Love 5

If I had to describe Covert Affairs in one word, it would be "unimaginative". Or "inoffensive". "Mediocre" works too.

For me, it's the poster child of what I felt went wrong with the USA network.  It use to be one of my favorite networks, but I felt like these past few years, it decided to go "dark", and almost all their fun shows suddenly became dramatic and depressing.  I actually really enjoyed the first two or so seasons of Covert Affairs.  Piper Perabo isn't a great actress, but I thought she was charming in the role.  And, I thought Christopher Gorham was awesome as Auggie.  But, something happen, and it just quit being fun in the last few seasons.  Even Auggie became dull.  Only time I ever saw any kind of sparks in those last episodes was whenever Eyal showed up, and that's because Oded Fehr is charismatic as hell.

I also ended up enjoying 12 Monkeys and The 100 more then I expected.  The latter in particular I think just needed to get past it's season one rough patches, which included the typical cliches like love triangles, angst, and teen drama.  But, by the second season, they really seemed to move past all that and has actually become a compelling show.  12 Monkeys is just simply an entertaining time-travel show, and I really enjoy Aaron Stanford and Amanda Schrull as the leads.

Right now, I'm really digging iZombie.  Love Liv and think Rose McIver is shining in the role, which I love since I still remember her way back from Hercules.  Really loving both Ravi and Clive as well, Blaine is a fun bad guy, and I've been enjoying Bradley James as Lowell.  If there is a downside, it would be Major is about as interesting as watching paint dry at times, but it's really not that bad.

Now that it is done, I really hope more check out Justified.  A very underrated show.  With the fifth season was a bit of a miss, the rest of it was highly enjoyable, entertaining, funny, and badass; and the I thought it finished incredibly strong, which is always a relief (looking at you, Dexter and True Blood.)  Great acting too: especially from Walton Goggins and Timothy Olyphant.  The Raylan/Boyd relationship was one of the best.  Also want to single out the second season and the introduction of Mag Bennett, played by the awesome Margo Martindale.  Still one of the most chilling performances out there, for my money.

Right now, I'm binging Alias for the first time on Netflix, which is pretty entertaining.  Almost done with the first season.  My favorite right now is easily Jack Bristow.  I honestly think Victor Garber is one of the best out there, because I noticed after his performance in The Flash, he isn't just great in his own right, I feel like he makes other actors raise their game as well.  On The Flash, I thought his scenes with Robbie Amell were the only times I ever really enjoyed Robbie.  On Alias so far, I think Jennifer Garner is mainly good, but can be a bit iffy at times, but when she's with Garber, she's on another level.  Same with Michael Vartan to an extent.  I really like that, and it just makes me respect Garber even more. He seems like an actor who is very giving to his co-stars, and doesn't just hog the spotlight.

Besides him, I'm getting a kick out of seeing pre A-lister, Academy Award nominee Bradley Cooper as Will, pre-badass Sarah Shahi as Will's co-worker/girlfriend, and I just got to the introduction of Sark, which is great, because I've been a fan of David Anders for a while, but I've always been hearing about him and Sark on this show, so I'm curious to see what this character will bring.

• Love 3

For me, it's the poster child of what I felt went wrong with the USA network.  It use to be one of my favorite networks, but I felt like these past few years, it decided to go "dark", and almost all their fun shows suddenly became dramatic and depressing.  I actually really enjoyed the first two or so seasons of Covert Affairs.  Piper Perabo isn't a great actress, but I thought she was charming in the role.  

I've only watched season one, and I thought it was really disappointing. I liked the cast for the most part, but it was just so... Meh. Although I don't really like USA network shows - I've also seen a season of Suits (I don't think I've ever hated a main character as much as I've hated Harvey, even Laurel is nowhere near) and a few episodes of Burn Notice. It's all so shallow and formulaic, I dunno. I don't see any real ideas behind these shows.

Besides him, I'm getting a kick out of seeing pre A-lister, Academy Award nominee Bradley Cooper as Will

I still can't believe that of all actors on Alias, he was the one to break out. I've never seen him in a movie, though - did he really get better? Because Will was a pretty forgettable character (although I didn't hate him. I did hate Vaughn on my re-watch, though - even though I shipped him with Sidney when I first saw the show years ago).

Now that it is done, I really hope more check out Justified.  A very underrated show.  With the fifth season was a bit of a miss, the rest of it was highly enjoyable, entertaining, funny, and badass; and the I thought it finished incredibly strong, which is always a relief (looking at you, Dexter and True Blood.)  Great acting too: especially from Walton Goggins and Timothy Olyphant.  The Raylan/Boyd relationship was one of the best.  Also want to single out the second season and the introduction of Mag Bennett, played by the awesome Margo Martindale.  Still one of the most chilling performances out there, for my money.

Justified Season 2 was Glorious and I love the series as a whole. I was underwhelmed by the final Season

I think this is largely affected by how much you care about Ava, who is featured a lot and I just don't like that much,

and disappointed about how "meh" I found the final episode but the conclusion was definitely not horrible in the way Dexter was or disappointing and futile the way I found BSG's to be.

The one series I think has a perfect ending was 30 Rock. That is a great binge series.

Another show that I love is Archer they are NUTS but in a it's so wrong it's entertaining way. Also he is disturbingly hot for a cartoon character. 

(edited)

I quit watching Covert Affairs when they killed off Sendhil Ramamurthy's character. Not because I was all that attached to him (although I did like Jai) but because I just wasn't really interested in where the storyline seemed to be going at that point. I always figured I'd catch up on it later, but then I found out the series ended with her with the Nicolas Bishop character, and I do not like Nicolas Bishop. *shrug* No big deal. But if they'd ended with her and Auggie together I probably would have caught up.

I really hope to be able to catch up on Justified this summer. I've seen about a season and a half of it at this point.

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

I stopped watching Covert Affairs and Suits after 1 season, I just couldn't get into them. White Collar is the only show I watched from start to finish on USA.  I was upset with what that show turned into. The series finale wasn't horrible, it was just bland and boring. And I never got to find out what happened to by favorite character, Alex Hunter. 

I binge watched Breaking Bad last summer and that show had a great finale, probably one of the best I've seen in terms of having a satisfying end. 

There is also Penny Dreadful if you like creepy, horror shows. It has Dorian Gray, Frankenstein and his monsters, a werewolf, Dracula and witches, 

Edited by Sakura12
(edited)

I binge watched Breaking Bad last summer and that show had a great finale, probably one of the best I've seen in terms of having a satisfying end.

Yes. BB is the poster example of a near-perfect show that ends the way it's supposed to end. Quality from start to finish, and unlike Arrow, utterly unpredictable.

Edited by NumberCruncher

I agree about Covert Affairs.  I really enjoyed it the first few seasons, it was light and I liked the characters and then it just got to be a relentless mess of cross and double cross and the next thing I knew, I had about 20 unwatched episodes on my DVR.  I deleted them with no regret.

The 100 became something incredible, but it is dark and grim, just in the best way.

Agents of SHEILD is best watched binge style IMO.  I get bored with it week to week but when I save up a bunch I always enjoy it.  I just binged seven episodes so I'd be caught up for Age of Ultron. 

Loved Alias until the final season (though season two cliff hanger killed me) but it ended about as well as possible I guess.

If you want to go in a less grim direction, I do still adore Jane the Virgin and I'm enjoying the new comedy on TV Land, Younger a lot.   

Know I mentioned Covert Affairs and I still recommend it, esp seasons 1-3. Agree that It did lose steam after 3rd season. But at that point I was invested, so the other seasons were not great - but they werent horrible. Well maybe the last one was. It was time to be put down. I think they started trying to be Homeland which they are not or even close to. The chemistry of the cast was great in it and that always makes up for me where they might lack in creativity. The show did fall prey to trying to bank on chemistry without properly navigating how it works in the stry. When they put together

Auggie & Annie

, all their chemistry went out the window - esp when they then heavily laid all this angst in that relationship with all of Jai's father's plotting. I was someone that rooted for that relationship and even I thought it was a poorly handled. Note to writers no matter how good chemistry is, throwing useless angst at it for plot reasons is a game of Russian Roulette & Covert Affairs lost.

• Love 1

I loved the first two seasons of Justified. Thought it was one of the best shows going. But then the writers started letting their mancrushes on Walton Goggins overtake the writing in season 3 (not to mention the other dozen or so villains they had in that season). As soon as it started being more about the villains than it was about Raylan, I decided to check out. It just got too absurd that Boyd was not in prison. I was interested in Raylan's journey from that "angriest man I ever met" lawman to a more rounded human being, and it became clear that the writers just were not interested in that story.

I absolutely hate it when shows I love disappoint me like that.

One show that didn't disappoint me, even if it confused me at times, was The Leftovers. Bleak and sombre, as you'd expect a show about loss and grief to be. I know some people didn't get over the fact that they expected some sort of scifi/supernatural show that would investigate the secrets behind the disappearances, but I loved that they just used that as a framing device for the story they wanted to tell. Great performances by Justin Theroux, Carrie Coon, Margaret Qualley and others.

Covert Affairs became terrible, by its third season. It suffered from what I have taken to calling USA Syndrome. This phenomenon where USA Network shows start off as fairly light, fluffy summer fun. A bit of excitement, some wit, stakes that aren't colossally high, and the appeal relies on good cast chemistry more than anything. But then by their third season, the writers have developed delusions of grandeur and have convinced themselves they're making some gritty, pull-no-punches, serious drama that needs to tug at the audiences' emotions. Except they're just not really good enough writers to pull that off, so everything just turns to humourless shit instead.

Suits and White Collar were two other prime examples of this.

And Burn Notice. By season 6 they managed to suck all the fun out of it and season 7 was just a depressing mess.

I have like six episodes of Black Sails on my DVR, and I was having a tough time getting motivated to watch it.  I started to watch episode XIII, but then I never made it all of the way through.  Whoa, I just watched it and there was this revelation about Captain Flint that I had no idea was coming, and it blew my mind, and now certain things make so much sense.  I'm surprised in a good way, and I love it when shows manage to surprise me.  There are certain characters and storylines that I don't care for on this show, but I just love Captain Flint, John Silver, and Billy Bones.    

I loved the first two seasons of Justified and then it started getting too violent for me.  Same thing happened with the second season of Copper.  That's a problem for me with the "quality" shows that I'm supposed to watch like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad because the violence becomes too graphic for me.  (I had to stop reading Margaret Atwood's fiction because I was getting nightmares.)  I think the trend started with The Sopranos and shows get more and more violent as viewers get desensitized.

As much as I hate the idea of my favorite TV shows ending, I think more shows should be given a specific number of seasons so they can be plotted out instead of petering out.  J. Michael Strazyniski had a five years arc for Bablyon 5, the later Star Treks were planned for 7 years, and Lost got much better when the newtwork told them they had 3 (?) years to finish off the series.  US TV seasons which go through 22 - 24 episodes burn through a lot of material, it seems like more material then the showrunners initially thought, and then the show just ends up floundering.or repeating itself endlessly like NCIS.

I'll recommend Battlestar Galactica reboot.  I know the ending was divisive but I didn't mind the ending. Like most shows it had it's bad episodes but overall it is in my top 5 shows of all time.  But then I also didn't hate the LOST ending either.  Angel too, which IMO had the most satisfying series finale I've ever seen. 

Breaking Bad had the most satisfying series finale for me.

I didn't mind Angel's, I liked that it was left open. I don't always need closure, I just need it to make sense. LOST and BSG went with the dreaming/ghost/everyone's dead or dying ending which is doesn't really do anything.

However I don't think any show can top the HIMYM finale for being the worst series finale. 

• Love 1
(edited)

However I don't think any show can top the HIMYM finale for being the worst series finale.

I'm assuming you did not have the displeasure of watching the Dexter finale?

Edited by catrox14

LOST and BSG went with the dreaming/ghost/everyone's dead or dying ending which is doesn't really do anything.

For me as long as feel the characters are treated well and it's emotionally satisfying the other stuff I can live without :)

I can deal with BSG. I didn't like how Starbuck's story ended and the reason Guis (sp?) was kept alive all that time was weak stuff but otherwise there was some very emotionally satisfying endings and on days when it bugs me, well at least I still enjoyed the ride.

Lost lost me well before the end and HIMYM wasn't even a show I regularly watched and it still pissed me off.

I have a love/hate relationship with the end of Angel. Honestly, there haven't been many shows that end without it being a mixed bag. Can anyone think of one that ended great?

• Love 1

I'll recommend Battlestar Galactica reboot.  I know the ending was divisive but I didn't mind the ending. Like most shows it had it's bad episodes but overall it is in my top 5 shows of all time.  But then I also didn't hate the LOST ending either.  Angel too, which IMO had the most satisfying series finale I've ever seen. 

BSG had the worst finale ever. Actually, seasons 3 and 4 in general were awful, even if there were a few good episodes and storylines here and there. But the finale was something else, I've never been as infuriated and insulted as I was after watching it. Even Lost with its sideways in s6 doesn't compare.

Angel was probably one of the most memorable finales I've seen, but there was one big problem with it, it didn't give me closure. Still, years later, I was able to really appreciate it (actually, I came to appreciate the whole show only after a few rewatches - it's now my favorite ever).

I was lucky to quit HIMYM, Dexter and True Blood before their finales aired (although I was planning to catch up on HIMYM... needless to say, I haven't).

As for great finales, I was fully satisfied by Parks and Rec this year, actually the whole final season has been pretty good. Scrubs season 8 finale was also all right (haven't watched past that so I can consider it true series finale).

I have a love/hate relationship with the end of Angel. Honestly, there haven't been many shows that end without it being a mixed bag. Can anyone think of one that ended great?

I'm going to say it again. Breaking Bad!. To be fair, I did binge watch that show in a month,so everything was still fresh in my mind when it ended, which may have made the ending better. 

For my top worst finales so far it's 1) HIMYM, 2) Dexter, 3) True Blood

Mad Men's ending soon, I will see where that finale goes after that. 

BSG and Lost endings still make me furious.  I bought my brother the first five seasons of Lost before the last season was done airing...I told him to sell them on eBay because it would be a waste of time for him to watch.  I was disappointed in the Chuck finale too.  They could have just added in some little clues about

Sarah getting her memories of Chuck back

, and I would have been fine.  Anyone remember Felicity with the time travel?  Ugh, horrible.  Too many shows go off the rails a few seasons in.  I was pretty satisfied with the Friday Night Lights and Everwood finales.  

(edited)

I wouldn't say BSG had the worst finale. I liked elements of it a lot, and I enjoyed it as I watched. But in hindsight, there were lots of annoying bits. The Starbuck storyline ended on a silly note, I was annoyed that one of my favourite tertiary characters died, when few others did (Racetrack).

I think most of BSG's problems came earlier in the show's run, because Ronald D Moore didn't plan and seemed to just write by the seat of his pants, more often than not. Certain decisions made about characters being written off, added to the cast, and about the choices they made, really hurt the show. Starbuck/Apollo went from being fun in a slightly icky way, to just straight up toxic poison. I ended up hating them both. Baltar should have been given a fitting ending, rather than getting away with everything he did. The Final Five reveal, while thrilling in the way it was unveiled, ended up being just flat out weird and not making sense.

Still, overall I love the show and would recommend it to people. Especially the first season, which was nigh on perfect. 33 is an incredible piece of television, and the episodes that followed were almost as good.

I was disappointed in the Chuck finale too.  They could have just added in some little clues about Sarah

getting her memories of Chuck back

, and I would have been fine.

But they did. Just by the way

she softened through the episode, and ended up wanting to remember, I could see the old Sarah coming through. I had absolutely no doubts, after the final scene, that she would regain all her memories.

Edited by Danny Franks

Actually, seasons 3 and 4 in general were awful, even if there were a few good episodes and storylines here and there. But the finale was something else, I've never been as infuriated and insulted as I was after watching it. Even Lost with its sideways in s6 doesn't compare.

This is what I love about these forums. How differently we all interpret endings and the impressions we are left with. I loved all seasons of BSG and s2 and 3 were my favorite overall. I never felt insulted by the ending. I was just more confused but I'm cool with it.

I felt complete closure with Angel because I felt like the ending bookended the begining nicely. 

I have to put the Six Feet Under finale right up there with Angel's.  1a and 1b for me.

I gave up on Chuck in the 3rd season, I just found that show more annoying than fun. That and I hated Morgan. 

Warehouse 13 had a pretty crappy ending as well, I think it will go after True Blood. With LOST and BSG I wasn't upset at the finales, just disappointed that it really didn't mean anything. Even though with LOST my ship was endgame. I also didn't like Starbucks ending on BSG. Making them not as bad as some of the finales that came afterwards.