Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I loved Charmed and I still consider it one of my favourite shows ever (even though I know now that it really wasn't that good), so I'm wary with the reboot and heading into it cautiously. 

I loved Charmed when I was a kid, so I have a lot of nostalgia for it, especially as it was one of my first fantasy shows, but I recently watched a retrospective of the whole show on YouTube and...it doesn't hold up very well. Its very late 90s/early 00s, which isnt really its fault, but it has a lot of other problems as well, stuff that I even remembered being annoyed with as a kid. Usually about how magic was really inconsistent, and some of the gender related stuff. 

Honestly, I am kind of excited about a reboot, as excited as I get about any reboots at this point. It has a good premise, but the execution was kind of meh, especially as the show went on, and there was a lot of potential that they never really explored. A modern version of Charmed might be fun. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Lethal Weapon: Seann William Scott Replaces Clayne Crawford, Clearing the Way for Season 3 Renewal at Fox

Fox’s Lethal Weapon has pulled the trigger on hiring a new co-lead, tapping American Pie‘s Seann William Scott to replace fired star Clayne Crawford, TVLine has learned. With Scott — who will be playing a new character — in place, Fox has renewed Lethal Weapon for a third season. Additionally, Warner Bros. confirms in a statement that it has officially “decided not to renew” Crawford’s contract.

Edited by Starfish35

I know it's unlikely, but you'd think DC would want to save Gotham & Lucifer, who come with a built in base for their new streaming service. That's the only way I'd pay for their service, is if they saved Lucifer.

7 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I know it's unlikely, but you'd think DC would want to save Gotham & Lucifer, who come with a built in base for their new streaming service. That's the only way I'd pay for their service, is if they saved Lucifer.

I don't want to have to Pay. I wanted Gotham to end properly not with a Massive Cliffhanger like on Thursday 

1 minute ago, jay741982 said:

I don't want to have to Pay. I wanted Gotham to end properly not with a Massive Cliffhanger like on Thursday 

I understand that and Gotham hasn't been cancelled yet, so there still is some hope. I'm just talking in general, that DC saving their shows would make sense.

• Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I guess that means Gotham's cancelled. That just seems like a risky move to renew a show that is replacing a lead over a show that all the cast is established. 

Well I know I have no interest in watching it.  I can't stand looking at Seann William Scott's face.  Unless people know about the behind the scenes stuff, regular viewers are going to be pissed.  Crawford may be unstable but he was charismatic as hell on screen.  And the idea of the lead characters having to start from zero and build up a new relationship exhausts me.  I have so many other options.  I don't need to stick around and see if the new guy works or not.  

I really hate the thought of Gotham being canceled.  If they could have even ONE more season, it could end spectacularly.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

@BkWurm1 is the new guy that bad? I only remember him from American Pie. 

I am a bit sad about the whole Lethal Weapon debacle. Crawford did do his role justice no matter what happened bts.

All this TV drama and here I am plodding along nicely watching Madam Secretary where mostly good things happen to Bess.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Chaser said:

What’s the NCIS stuff?

15 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

She's got a few more interesting tweets before this.

Also this, Abby's NCIS Departure (Where was Gibbs?)

Basically, this show was Good-Wifed. There were rumors that Harmon brought his fostered Pitt Bull to the set early in the season. No details (naturally!) that the dog bit a crew member. After that Harmon left the dog at home. Then one day, there wasn't anyone to take care of the dog, and he brought it back and kept it in his Airstream. Supposedly, Perrette, who up until this point, has always loved dogs, was furious and wouldn't listen to Harmon's reasons. The article from radar online kept contradicting itself; because by the end of it, it sounded like Harmon decided he was going to bring the dog on the set anyway.

Harmon and Perrette didn't share ONE SINGLE SCENE during this whole season. It's tainted the season for me, and it's a fucking insult to the relationship of Gibbs and Abby. Neither could pull up their big boy/girl pants and just do the job. I stated in that thread and even in The Good Wife thread, when the same shit was happening with Margulies and Panjabi--that in years past, actors who loathed each other, managed to suck it up and do the job.

But with these tweets? Now Perrette is claiming that she's been bullied, threatened, attacked, but won't say WHO. And as far as a NDA goes, if the act is criminal, she's not bound by the NDA.

14 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm willing to give Lethal Weapon a chance with the new guy.

The one show I didn't think would be messy BTS is NCIS and yet there's a bunch of stuff cropping up after Abby left ...

M5mRK_s-200x150.gif

The NCIS stuff about Harmon and Perrette is something we've been hearing with no one talking since the middle of the season.

23 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The NCIS stuff about Harmon and Perrette is something we've been hearing with no one talking since the middle of the season.

Yeah, the only show I keep track of the BTS is Arrow so I had no idea about NCIS. But that this stuff is starting to show up on my Twitter feed means it's spreading (I don't follow any of the cast or the show account). I have to admit I never noticed that they never shared a single scene together this season. I only noticed the weird ending, which, yeah, reminded me of the Good Wife. 

Huh. I honestly don’t know what to make of that. Messy.

This seems to be an unpopular opinion but PP doesn’t come across completely stable too me. Just based off of previous stuff she has said. Maybe she was the one who refused to work with him not the other way around?

That does suck. Abby and Gibbs was the longest relationship on the show. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Maybe she was the one who refused to work with him not the other way around?

Yes, previous "reports" over in the NCIS Media thread stated, she was furious and refused to listen to Harmon, etc., etc., All this is coming out now, because he last appearance was last week. Harmon has always struck me as very professional, as well as others he's worked with have said.

Regardless who is at fault, I blame CBS for not putting their foot down and making them do their jobs.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

I don’t know what to think on this whole mess, but yeah, it’s tainted NCIS for me.  I’ve always had a lot of respect for Mark Harmon but now I don’t know what to think.  And suddenly we’ve gone from a dispute about his dog (which I’ve heard rumored for months) to physical assaults and intimidation?  Wow. :(

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I stated in that thread and even in The Good Wife thread, when the same shit was happening with Margulies and Panjabi--that in years past, actors who loathed each other, managed to suck it up and do the job.

I've said multiple times how much I can't wait for an Arrow oral history, but that's nothing compared to how much I want a The Good Wife oral history. The Margulies/Panjabi thing was wild and I'm dying to know all the details that led up to that digitally spliced Alicia/Kalinda scene.  *grabby hands*

I don't watch NCIS, but it's crazy to me that another CBS show has so much BTS drama.

• Love 3

I haven't watched NCIS in years, but its crazy that all that has gone down. Its always so hard with behind the scenes stuff, because it so often just devolves into He said/She said, and no one really knows what happened until much later, if they ever know at all. Oh yeah, I cant WAIT to hear what went down in The Good Wife. Thats the stuff of trashy TV movies. 

On the lighter side, Gotham got a last season to wrap things up and give us a good conclusion! One season I think is good for the show, we`re in the right place in the story for it.  After all these cancellations, it was great getting some good news! One thing Fox doesn't screw up!

• Love 1
On 5/13/2018 at 8:55 PM, Mellowyellow said:

@BkWurm1 is the new guy that bad? I only remember him from American Pie. 

I am a bit sad about the whole Lethal Weapon debacle. Crawford did do his role justice no matter what happened bts.

All this TV drama and here I am plodding along nicely watching Madam Secretary where mostly good things happen to Bess.

I think he is but he comes with pre-existing crazy eyes so maybe that will work in his favor.  

He normally has played obnoxious idiots but he also was in the awful Dukes of Hazzard movie.  I find his acting style off-putting.  I can see him acting the whole time.  It's IMO only good for campy movies like American Pie.  Who knows, maybe he's gotten better, but someone else can tell me all about it so I don't have to sit through it.  

5 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Wait....what? 

I fell behind on iZombie for the past five episodes. So, I guess Peyton's out? 

Not that I'm horribly disappointed, because Peyton hasn't been used well at all. The only time I've liked Peyton is when she's been a friend to Liv, Ravi, or Major. 

Noooooo my FoTB is moving to Fridays!!! You guys don't post rating charts for Friday! I think this is going to be their last season *cries*

I will have no TV character to identify with anymore once FoTB is finished.

Vampires but the pre-Byronic kind where they look and act like monsters from nightmares.  These vamps are created from a virus that prevents aging but changes their physical appearance and traits.  They still have the basic vampire traits though it's still super hard to kill them. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I just saw that my favorite creepy mermaid show was renewed. Yay! 

I assume you are talking about "Sirens" - so it's good?  I didn't make it through the first episode, but I liked the concept for the show.  I'm gunshy on new shows, so tend to wait to see if they will stick around.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

I assume you are talking about "Sirens" - so it's good?  I didn't make it through the first episode, but I liked the concept for the show.  I'm gunshy on new shows, so tend to wait to see if they will stick around.

I'm enjoying it. I like the cast and the lore so far. I don't know if they'll follow through on the polyamory that's been hinted at, but I'm here for it if they do. :D

8 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I was going to check out Sirens then I saw it was on Freeform so I passed. Is it worth watching or is it like the Freeform shows. 

I'm biased because I like it, so maybe?  I really like Eline Powell as the main mermaid. She's creepy yet sympathetic. I'd give it two eps. If you like it, you can continue, and if it's not for you, no big loss.