Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Oooh can someone tell me if this week's episode of Flash will spoil the death on Arrow? Can't start watching it until I know because Hubby doesn't want to be spoiled for Arrow and I can't check the Flash forum because I don't want to be spoilt for Flash.

No. But next week's will. 

• Love 2
  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone here still watching New Girl? I know some of you did, but ditched it after S3..well guys, my advice: catch up, you won't regret it. S5 has been great. :)

• Love 2
Just now, bijoux said:

I haven't noticed anything. What specifically?

I'm trying to respond to the idea that I was trolling Spartan, which actually offends me a tiny bit. When I say something is a serious question, I mean it. (Also, I don't think Spartan is a troll...I think he/she has sincerely held beliefs, that I often don't understand, and I like understanding things, so I ask questions.) I can't get rid of the dumb dialogue boxes, even reloading and closing out entirely...it just keeps adding more at this point.

2 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I'm trying to respond to the idea that I was trolling Spartan, which actually offends me a tiny bit. When I say something is a serious question, I mean it. (Also, I don't think Spartan is a troll...I think he/she has sincerely held beliefs, that I often don't understand, and I like understanding things, so I ask questions.) I can't get rid of the dumb dialogue boxes, even reloading and closing out entirely...it just keeps adding more at this point.

If it's a quote box problem, drag your mouse over it until you see a square with arrows pointing up, down and sideways. It'll appear on the top left corner of the box. Click on the square and then hit delete on your keyboard. It should do the trick if I understand your problem correctly.

5 minutes ago, bijoux said:

If it's a quote box problem, drag your mouse over it until you see a square with arrows pointing up, down and sideways. It'll appear on the top left corner of the box. Click on the square and then hit delete on your keyboard. It should do the trick if I understand your problem correctly.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, FurryFury said:

I don't have a PS4 (sob), but

Reveal hidden contents

Do they break up AGAIN? Or is it just a temporary conflict?

Spoiler

They work everything out by the end, thank goodness. 

4 hours ago, bijoux said:

You mean season 4, right?

Ugh, yes. I meant season 4. I don't know why I keep skipping ahead.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bijoux said:

My mobile still gets really wonky about quotes as well as replies that it has saved but I have not yet posted... I mentioned it on the bug site, because my delete/backspace key just won't work at times.

But I've taken to highlighting stuff and using the "CUT" feature on my mobile.

Just now, wonderwall said:

Supernatural has been doing REALLY well lately... It's been getting like 80k tweets. What's going on over there???!

@catrox14 you might know

LOL. Big doings. Big reveals. Gabby fans on Twitter?

On May 11, 2016 at 8:08 AM, looptab said:

Is anyone here still watching New Girl? I know some of you did, but ditched it after S3..well guys, my advice: catch up, you won't regret it. S5 has been great. :)

I'm still watching it and this season has been great. I'm not really 

Spoiler

looking forward to them going back to Nick/Jess though. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Chasity said:

I'm still watching it and this season has been great. I'm not really 

Reveal hidden contents

looking forward to them going back to Nick/Jess though. 

Eh, I kinda am, haha. Though I've appreciated the last two seasons spreading the focus on the other characters as well. I now adore  Winston, whereas I could take him or leave him before. :)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, looptab said:

Eh, I kinda am, haha. Though I've appreciated the last two seasons spreading the focus on the other characters as well. I now adore  Winston, whereas I could take him or leave him before. :)

He has been MVP for me this season.

1 hour ago, doesntworkonwood said:

I just found out I'm working Sunday morning (even though I asked for it off) which means I'm going to be missing part of the convention. I'm hoping it's all Flash and LOT stuff so I don't miss anything.

That sucks is there anyway to get out of it?

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm confused... was the show signing on their actors to new contracts when they didn't even know if they were getting renewed yet? Because I heard Fillion and one of the guys that plays his detective buddy signed for another season.

Edited by lemotomato
3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I'm confused... was the show signing on their actors to new contracts when they didn't even know if they were getting renewed yet? Because I heard Fillion and one of the guys that plays his detective buddy signed for another season.

That was the scuttlebutt - which makes the cancellation more LOLworthy IMO.

I'm now starting to feel guilty about being happy/pleased about ABC cancelling Castle... While Fillion/EPs deserve it for the decision to fire Stana, most of the cast and crew probably don't deserve it. Hope the ones not involved in the scandal find jobs soon

(edited)

I'm not thrilled that it feeds the delusion that fan campaigns can force a show to be cancelled. It was probably on the bubble with the network already, but I already see people on twitter taking credit for making it happen.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I'm now starting to feel guilty about being happy/pleased about ABC cancelling Castle... While Fillion/EPs deserve it for the decision to fire Stana, most of the cast and crew probably don't deserve it. Hope the ones not involved in the scandal find jobs soon

I'm happy too.  Chances are the cancellation just saved the entire series for me.  That said, I won't go into blaming Filion or the EP's for behind the scenes stuff that we just don't know the details about.  They barely convinced Stana to come back this year and for all we know her demands were too much or she was very unhappy still being there.  Or maybe she just flat out said she wouldn't come back. 

I do blame them a little for thinking the show COULD go on, but they are coming from a very different viewpoint than a viewer. I can understand someone happy at work not wanting to lose their work family.  They were deluded to think it would work, but I can understand a hard push to try. 

Now I'll be holding my breath until I'm sure the show ends without killing Kate!!  Or, lol a cliffhanger. 

• Love 1

I knew ABC was going to cancel my faves when the new president was brought in but sad about Agent Carter and Super sad about Galavant. There are others I'm disappointed about like like the AOS spin-off

Unrelated to all the tv show drama,  which is crazy,  I'm currently apartment hunting and it is the most stressful thing I've dealt with in years and other Mr. Delphi is so not helpful.  It's actually super annoying because I've never done this before and I have no idea what I'm doing and just ugh.  

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Unrelated to all the tv show drama,  which is crazy,  I'm currently apartment hunting and it is the most stressful thing I've dealt with in years and other Mr. Delphi is so not helpful.  It's actually super annoying because I've never done this before and I have no idea what I'm doing and just ugh.  

Apartment hunting is stressful! This is the place you're going to live for the next however many years. I'm actually going through the same thing and there's just SO much to think about. And on top of everything else you have to deal with? It definitely is too stressful. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, wonderwall said:

I actually really like the red :p It makes new posts pop out :p Less work for me :D

I'm pro red as well. Much more noticeable than just bolded text.

• Love 1

Ugh, that was a sucker punch to the gut and back. I lost four shows... thanks ABC :(

Did they really have to take Galavant, Agent Carter, Castle and Nashville away from me?? I know it hasn't been a good season for Nashville and then there was all the Castle drama. But they could have given both a short season (if they kept Stana). And why not just has a special Galavant miniseries?

I just realized with Downton ending as well and a shortened season of Scandal I have gapping holes in my schedule. Nevermind the other shows I watch are already non-traditional in length or airing. Next season is looking pretty bleak.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Delphi said:

Are you using a broker or doing it by yourself? It helps to poke around apartments.com or whatever similar website covers the area you're looking at. It'll give you a better sense of what's available and how much people are paying. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, kismet said:

And why not just has a special Galavant miniseries?

Hey, maybe there's a ray of hope for you... Galavant headed for the stage?

I'm not thrilled that it feeds the delusion that fan campaigns can force a show to be cancelled. It was probably on the bubble with the network already, but I already see people on twitter taking credit for making it happen.

It was on the bubble, but I do think that in this very particular case, fans/viewers reaction might have weighed. I don't think that fan campaigns work in general, less internet ones since it's very difficult to measure that audience as Berlanti was pointing out in an interview linked in the Media Thread IIRC  (there's also the endless "are online fans just a vocal minority or do they more or less mirror the GA" debate). But a general and overwhelming rejection/adhesion can be a factor at times imo.

In Castle's case 1) it was an aging show struggling in the ratings 2) from what I hear, this season they did try to add some new blood and change the formula mostly by separating the two leads and it didn't improve the ratings. Losing half of the leading couple, when a show is built around it, is a risky bet that can pay off but only imo if the core audience, the one that is still there after eight seasons and has very few "deal breakers" is ready to follow your move. The overwhelmingly negative reaction to the news of S.Katic's departure (from what I've seen) might have clued the network in that the core audience wouldn't follow and tipped the balance.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 1

I think fan campaigns can work and have some power, but generally only if they are something TPTB were looking or agreeable to in the first place. Their influence may tip the scale or give the network head a supporting reason. But I don't think a campaign is ever going to save or cancel a show/actor/decision that a network has already decided on or are leaning a certain way. However, there is a history of fan campaigns that have saved some shows in the grey bubble world (Chuck, BATB) or have brought back stars. I don't think CL would have been considered for the role in LoT if not for the fan response to her death. It's not say the fans are the entire reason, but they are a contributing factor.

• Love 4

Agent Carter and Galavant are the saddest cancellations for me in years. Especially Galavant (season 2 of AC wasn't nearly as good as the first, I would have preferred the show to be canceled then, actually). But Galavant was a huge improvement and while I knew for a while it was headed there, there was always hope. I so wanted to see Madalena becoming a dark sorceress (or not) and Richard uniting the kingdoms!

Now Crazy Ex Girlfriend will be the sole TV musical. Thankfully, it's awesome.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, looptab said:

What's with the ads between posts on the mobile version?

I don't know. It doesn't look good though. Then again, I'm also having other issues with the board today.

• Love 1