Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I finally saw the promo for the new Roswell, although I hesitate to call it new. How did it get picked up? It’s the same storyline and the same characters, only it unfolds when they’re 10+ years older than in the original. When they first mentioned high school being ten years ago, I thought it was a sequel of sorts, but this is the same damn thing.

(edited)

When I saw the trailer and saw Liz getting shot in her crashdown uniform, I was like they are telling the exact same story and just made the characters older? Why? 

I know they were using the same the characters, I just figured they'd tell a slightly different story. Charmed at least gave their characters different names. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4
(edited)

FYI, in CW ratings news regarding its summer shows...

Kristin Kreuk's new CW series, Burden of Truth, premiered Wednesday night (7/25, at 8pm) with ratings of 0.2 demo and 0.93M total viewers:
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/wednesday-tv-ratings-burden-of-truth-big-brother-reverie-masterchef-the-goldbergs/
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/burden-of-truth-season-one-ratings/

The Outpost has aired 3 episodes so far:

Tues    07/10/2018        01-01    0.10                     0.770    
Tues    07/17/2018        01-02    0.20    100.00%    0.635    -17.53%
Tues    07/24/2018        01-03    0.10    -50.00%    0.639        0.63%

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/outpost-season-one-ratings/ 

Edited by tv echo
On 7/24/2018 at 5:51 PM, JJ928 said:

I guess the shows I watch aren't very popular on here, and I rather gouge my eyes out than visit reddit lol.

Actually, the subreddit for, say, The 100, is quite cool and positive,  compared to this site.

On 7/22/2018 at 2:37 PM, Mellowyellow said:

Are RussianBots a thing?

A few years back my sister told me to make an Instagram account to follow her food posts. So I did and up until recently she and EBR were the only accounts I followed. I have never posted a pic or done anything besides like pics using that account.

Then I started following the two Russian Gold and Silver figure skating medalists. Since then I get these weird messages telling me various Russian accounts are following me. You reckon this something to do with me following the Russian figure skaters? Are they bots? But I am so uninteresting! Never posted a thing! 

Yes, I'm Russian and I have Instagram. I have like 30 bots following me (or maybe they unfollowed already, idk). Maybe they aren't even bots, it's just a way to promote your business.

(edited)

Ok, I’m embarrassed to even ask because it’s probably been weeks and I’m just now noticing, but....when did they get rid of the season folders for this forum?  I just now noticed all the episode threads were back in the main forum.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Ok, I’m embarrassed to even ask because it’s probably been weeks and I’m just now noticing, but....when did they get rid of the season folders for this forum?  I just now noticed all the episode threads were back in the main forum.

It just happened recently, either on Thursday or Friday. I noticed it because I had just been looking for something in one of the S4 threads, which I accessed through the S4 folder. And the next day I noticed the folders were gone. It's not a huge deal, but since the old threads are now listed based on the last post, all the seasons are jumbled together and it takes a bit of hunting to find certain episode threads.

• Love 2

Have you ever watched a show where you were completely fan serviced in a good way?

I am watching one right now and I do not know what to do with myself! I am openly cheering at certain scenes! Female producer who seems to really know her stuff! If it ends happily it will be my best series with an OTP to rival Olicity. Bit nervous about the ending based on the credit previews.

@Mellowyellow Give us the recommendation if it all turns out good!  :D

On 7/30/2018 at 3:00 PM, Starfish35 said:

On 7/30/2018 at 3:16 PM, KenyaJ said:

It just happened recently, either on Thursday or Friday. I noticed it because I had just been looking for something in one of the S4 threads, which I accessed through the S4 folder. And the next day I noticed the folders were gone. It's not a huge deal, but since the old threads are now listed based on the last post, all the seasons are jumbled together and it takes a bit of hunting to find certain episode threads.

Edited by BkWurm1

Soooo good! OTP hugged for like 5 whole minutes while having a conversation! Besides other cute scenes. I'm like "Soooo much hugging and heart eyes."

Some evil dude tried to rape our heroine and she managed to defeat him and chop his balls off while she was poisoned! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1

She wasn’t the only one. The star of the spinoff tweeted asking viewers not to take out their feelings on the new show. 

Daniel Gillies was shading the whole series before the finale aired too. 

Such a trainwreck. 

Sad. TVD S1-S3 is some of my favorite television and the Original family was a big part of that. She nuked it all.

• Love 1

Yes, but it made no sense at all. 

Im more pissed at Caroline, who wasn’t allowed a happy ending because Plec didn’t want to ‘dishonor the memory of Stefan’. The same Stefan who died 16 years earlier, whose ring she wore around her neck and who Caroline named her school after. Caroline wasn’t allowed to move on. She had to preserve herself for him.

So much rage over that.

• Love 2

I just watched the last episode of Orphan Black and that's how you end a series.  The horrors and killing were over in the last two episodes and all four of the main clones (Sarah, Helena, Cosima ad Alison) as well as Felix got their happy endings.  I'm left with a warm fuzzy feeling and a smile on my face.

I'm kind of dreading the wrap-up movie of Timeless though.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Why do showrunners ever think

Spoiler

killing of their heroes or anti-heroes in The Originals' case

is a good idea?!?! It just seems lazy to me and, in some cases, negates the character's journey. I'll be very pissed if Arrow pulls the same thing. Or maybe I won't. Hopefully, I've stopped watching the show before that happens.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Why do showrunners ever think

Reveal hidden contents

killing of their heroes or anti-heroes in The Originals' case

is a good idea?!?! It just seems lazy to me and, in some cases, negates the character's journey. I'll be very pissed if Arrow pulls the same thing. Or maybe I won't. Hopefully, I've stopped watching the show before that happens.

Being a SPN fan here, I would be a ok with

Spoiler

The Winchesters dying at the end as long as they die a heroic death. I can't really see it ending differently for them.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Chaser said:

After watching The Originals finale, I really don’t think there is a worst Showrunner than Julie Plec. Good lord she is terrible. 

I'm still peeved CW has to kiss her Ass. They passed on Wayward Sisters for her Hope spinoff. Cause why reward the longest running show on your network with Greenlighting their second attempt at a spinoff when they can kiss Julie Plec's ass and Green light her Second spinoff 

• Love 3

So I've been seeing trailers for the movie Crazy Rich Asians for a while now which looks hilarious and I kept thinking it was funny how much the heroine in it looks like Constance Wu from Fresh Off the Boat.  Well, duh, because it is, lol!  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm kind of dreading the wrap-up movie of Timeless though.

I’ve never watched Timeless, but just from an outsider viewpoint, it doesn’t seem like the type of show to end by killing off their leads.  Or were you more referring to the resolution of the romantic triangle?

• Love 1

I'd say the people that were shipping the anti hero would have had a much better shot at being end game if the show had many more season to come but who knows?  Still, maybe they'll figure out a way that everyone gets a happy ending (well, one of the dead wives has to stay dead, but which one?)  

I only really watched the first season so what I want more than anything is her sister back...even if Moira has to die.  

Edited by BkWurm1
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

even if Moira has to die.  

Spoiler

Moira is already is dead. She died in the last episode of season 2.

I don't think Kripke really cares about shipping so I expect the easiest solution will be the one he goes with. (Ironically, I had a hard time finding a parking space this afternoon because they're filming Kripke's newest series, The Boys, across the street. If only he were, on set, which I assume he isn't, ....)

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Moira is already is dead. She died in the last episode of season 2.

I don't think Kripke really cares about shipping so I expect the easiest solution will be the one he goes with. (Ironically, I had a hard time finding a parking space this afternoon because they're filming Kripke's newest series, The Boys, across the street. If only he were, on set, which I assume he isn't, ....)

Spoiler

Poor Moira.  Still, it's best for me to be prepared if I ever do catch up.   :D 

Plus she was kind of evil when she wasn't dying of cancer.  

Oh she was very evil.  She didn't even have Moira's grey qualities, she was All In with the evil.

As much fun as hating Rittenhouse was, they really were kind of a stupid organization. It might be possible to be America's masters for a couple of hundred years but they would be the losers eventually.

I need help from all you intelligent people on the interwebs.

So I'm planning the kid's birthday and I need to keep an ice cream cake frozen for about 2 hours. 

Was planning on using a cooler and ice. Now I read that salt will make the ice even colder and keep the kid's ice cream cake colder. 

But I read that people salt roads to melt ice I  cold places. Does that mean it'll melt my ice then and the cake won't be frozen?

I've googled and now I'm confused. Anyone able to help?

I know both are true, lol.  

It's my understanding that salt lowers the freezing point in water so it can get colder than 32F or 0C but that means that water doesn't have to stay ice at those temps, thus making it easier for ice on roads to melt and not refreeze.  

How it would work with ice in a cooler, I'm not sure.  You probably would get a mix of ice and water but it would be colder overall.  So I guess it all depends on how you store the ice cream cake in the arctic mix on whether that's helpful or not.  (as long as the salt isn't touching the cake, it will still stay frozen if the temp around it is below normal freezing levels)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Arrow: A Tribute to The Queen-Smoak Family
July 29, 2018   Brianna Martinez
https://www.telltaletv.com/2018/07/arrow-a-tribute-to-the-queen-smoak-family/

But in the middle of questionable narrative choices and a weak villain, Arrow Season 6’s bright spot revealed itself — in the form of seeing Oliver, Felicity, and William come together and become a family.

The trio’s story serves as a respite from the craziness throughout the season. We watch them all grow and figure out their dynamic as a family. The slow movement at the beginning of the season helps show how much care goes into their development.
Seeing the Queen-Smoak family find those little moments of domesticity and that support system cultivated outside of the Bunker is a beautiful consequence of getting their story to play out, especially seeing how Oliver and Felicity navigate this added layer to their attempt at a reunion.
Arrow Season 6 Episode 3, “Next of Kin,” really begins to show their dive into a relationship while working on easing Felicity into William’s life. It’s sweet to see Felicity say yes to helping Oliver with William’s math issues and seeing her interact with him on their own, even though Oliver does eventually come in.

Oliver: His life would be better with you in it. Just like mine.

“Next of Kin” also gave fans the official reunion and the beginning of Olicity getting back on the relationship track.
During Season 6, they’re given the obstacle of balancing their vigilante lives, their professional lives (for a while), and their personal lives as spouses and parents, an aspect that I absolutely loved seeing develop in the back half of the season.
It’s that aspect that makes all of the other parts of the back half of the season somewhat digestible…though there’s no making that Civil War storyline palatable on any level.

The final run of episodes also continues to develop Felicity and William’s relationship in a variety of significant moments.

Her speech to William on Arrow Season 6 Episode 11, “We Fall,” is the perfect show of support for both her husband and stepson. In that scene, not only does she give William a chance to see his father’s side of things, but she shows how deep her connection with Oliver goes.
It’s later in the game when we get a chance to see Felicity and Oliver work out what it means to be parents and vigilantes. That struggle added another layer to their relationship and to the last few episodes and managed to elevate the quality of those episodes in the face of the larger focus on an ineffective villain.
In the midst of the pair out in the field, they have to figure out how this partnership works as they eliminate the fear of losing each other and any potential ramifications that go along with that loss.
I would love to see them continue that examination in Season 7, even with the added effects of whatever happens to Oliver post-Slabside prison time.
With the destabilizing that was done in Arrow Season 6 in terms of relationships that once were solid, like OTA’s temporary rift, it’s lovely that Oliver got to get that sense of family back in the form of Felicity and William. It’s a reminder that he’s not alone

This growth and engaging forward movement also made the finale that much more painful to watch as he sacrificed himself for not only them but the team and the city as well (even though, he arguably put a target on their backs after that Green Arrow announcement. There’s lots to work out here).
It’s not perfect (by any means), but it feels like a wonderful, grounded aspect — stepping away from the action-packed side of the story — that I would love to see explored more during Arrow Season 7.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I need help from all you intelligent people on the interwebs.

So I'm planning the kid's birthday and I need to keep an ice cream cake frozen for about 2 hours. 

Was planning on using a cooler and ice.

I recommend using dry ice, which keeps things frozen. Regular ice just keeps stuff cold. 

• Love 2

Salt lowers the melting point of ice about 4C degrees.  They use it on roads when the temperature is - 2 or -3 so the ice will melt. When it's really cold, like -10, salt doesn't work. In places like Edmonton where it's really cold all winter (as opposed to Toronto or New York where the temperature hovers around the freezing point), they use sand to give traction instead of salt to melt.

I've never tried dry ice but it sounds like a better plan to me.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If you pack lots of bags of ice in the freezer container (get a solid one rather than one with soft sides)  it should keep it cold enough for the ice cream cake to survive.

That was the initial plan! I was wondering if adding salt would make it colder but then google just confused me!

Plan is to put cake in tupperware and then submerge tupperware in a hard cooler FULL of salty ice

ETA: The greenie in me is soooo tempted to write "No Presents please" on invites but I don't want to be that weird greenie mother who deprives her kid. I HATE the junk that gets bought on birthdays though! *sigh*

Edited by Mellowyellow

Adding salt will just make it wetter, not colder.  I think you'll be okay going, and then hopefully it all gets eaten before it can melt on the way back.

44 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

ETA: The greenie in me is soooo tempted to write "No Presents please" on invites but I don't want to be that weird greenie mother who deprives her kid. I HATE the junk that gets bought on birthdays though! *sigh*

ik now what you mean. I always hated that there were so many junk presents from the parties, I couldn't get something good because it seemed like I spent all my money on inexpensive presents for other kids.

Can you ask for books?  That way if he doesn't like them, they can get passed on to someone else.