Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From what I'm hearing, Kanye didn't run the calling her a bitch part past her. 

I also think taping their conversation and not telling her about it, shows some kind manipulation on their part. Plus taping a conversation without the other person knowing about it is illegal in California. 

Or this something they are in on together to get everyone talking about like we are. I mean I really wouldn't put it past Celebs to do something like that. No on cared when Kanye released his naked wax figures of the stars video. He wanted a huge reaction from that and got nothing. Now people are talking about it. However that does show that he's not as big as he think he is, if he needs to use Taylor Swift to sell his music. 

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same, Angel12d.  I've never given a rat's ass about Kanye or Taylor but I've already heard enough from both of them this past month to fill two lifetimes.  More and more I've grown weary and skeptical of these celebrity "feuds"--especially when they involve two very attention-seeking individuals.  At this point I just want both of them to go away and take Kim with them.

• Love 1

I know this because Keeping Up With the Kardashians is a guilty pleasure of mine, but as far as I can tell, he didn't vindictively record the conversation to put her on blast later, he apparently has a videographer with him whenever he's recording an album. Since that conversation happened in the recording studio, it was captured. I don't have any doubt that they sat on it for the purposes of their show (and to perhaps get some legal issues out of the way, since Taylor allegedly found out about the recording and threatened to sue him), but...shrug. 

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

From what I'm hearing, Kanye didn't run the calling her a bitch part past her. 

I also think taping their conversation and not telling her about it, shows some kind manipulation on their part. Plus taping a conversation without the other person knowing about it is illegal in California. 

Yeah, I think the issue is that he didn't tell her he was going to be referring to her as a bitch. Although in her acceptance speech at the Grammys, she made some kind of mention about people trying to take credit for your success, which seems like it was directed at him and would be disingenuous since she did know he was doing that, and gave him the okay to do it.

And I think there's some question as to whether he was in California when he recorded it - I think the theory is that he was in New York, and as I understand it, if he was, he didn't need her permission.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

The IG post doesn't line up with her original response. Her original response doesn't line up with the recording.

What annoys me the most is in that first response she said she cautioned Kanye about the misogynist content and nowhere in the recording is there even a hint of that. She waved that Feminst flag to a PR advantage. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, I think the issue is that he didn't tell her he was going to be referring to her as a bitch. Although in her acceptance speech at the Grammys, she made some kind of mention about people trying to take credit for your success, which seems like it was directed at him and would be disingenuous since she did know he was doing that, and gave him the okay to do it.

And I think there's some question as to whether he was in California when he recorded it - I think the theory is that he was in New York, and as I understand it, if he was, he didn't need her permission.

Lawyers seem to get involved in June. My guess, they waited for the okay before releasing it.

I watched Ghostbusters last night and, whilst it was a bit slow to start, I did enjoy it. The plotline was good, and I agree that it was very much a buddy movie. Honestly, besides a few one liners, the movie would have been exactly with men in it. Except for the Chris Hemsworth parts. They were very good. 

On 7/17/2016 at 6:43 PM, calliope1975 said:

I binged Stranger Things on Netflix yesterday and really liked it. It's every '80's Spielberg movie with dashes of John Carpenter, Stephen King, and Poltergeist and feels like it was actually filmed in the '80's. Has some plot holes, but I enjoyed it too much to care. Excellent kid actors as well. 

I just started it and am enjoying it so far. It's nothing new or groundbreaking but I'm interested in the story and some of the characters. I do like the creepy 80's horror feel of it. 

The Supernatural episode "Night Shifter" is on right now and this is the episode that cemented my loyalty to the show. This is the ep where I went from "huh, this is fun" to "OMG, I love them." Good mix of humor, tragedy, action, mystery. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, doesntworkonwood said:

Honestly, besides a few one liners, the movie would have been exactly with men in it. Except for the Chris Hemsworth parts. They were very good. 

They made me like Chris Hemsworth.

The fact that it would have been the same with men but it's with women is why I went -- I heard a few places say that if it flopped, it was going to be a long time before another female buddy movie got made.

It's 2016 but the default is still the white male, whether it's movies/TV, jobs or medical research.  (There are drugs out there that don't work on women because the research was done on male mice only.)  If someone has the star power of Angelina Jolie, she can get Salt re-written for her but mostly action and sci fi are a man's game.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

The Supernatural episode "Night Shifter" is on right now and this is the episode that cemented my loyalty to the show. This is the ep where I went from "huh, this is fun" to "OMG, I love them." Good mix of humor, tragedy, action, mystery. 

This is the episode that I always say is my "way in" episode for newbies. It just does everything right.

55 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

This is the episode that I always say is my "way in" episode for newbies. It just does everything right.

Love that episode although it wasn't the one that hooked me. 

If nothing else SPN has expanded my music catalog fabulously. Who knew Styx made such a rocking song

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

The perfect episode of Supernatural.

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

If nothing else SPN has expanded my music catalog fabulously. Who knew Styx made such a rocking song

Mr Roboto is a rocking song.

2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm curious, which one hooked you?

And yes, SPN definitely added to my music education. 

Garry Marshall passed away. :( He was a true visionary. He revolutionized how people saw comedy and RomComs on screens of any size. He was a Titan of the industry. I grew up on his movies and TV shows - too numerous to list. He will be greatly missed! But his legacy lives on in the artists and everyday regular folks like me that he touched with his genuine storytelling.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/20/remembering-garry-marshall-a-titan-of-comedy-and-total-mensch.html?via=twitter_page

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm curious, which one hooked you?

And yes, SPN definitely added to my music education. 

Keep in mind that i watched live from the Pilot, no going into it with the foreknowledge of what characters would around/important to the show for years to come etc

The episode that had me thinking, hey this is more than a mindless action/horror WB show was "In My Time of Dying".  

Mr Roboto is a rocking song.

Mr. Roboto was my first introduction to Styx but that seems more theatrical than Rock. I love the song but, it just doesn't scream ROCK to me. I had no idea Renegade was Styx, never heard the song until the end of Nightshifter but, holy crap the way the show worked the visual/music it was a thing of beauty.  

PS: Renegade and Carry on my Wayword Son are now 2 of my all time favorite songs. 

Not to go in a different direction but Classic Rock was so intrinsic to early SPN that there are trigger songs for me. Any time i hear Renegade i remember NightShifter. Any time i hear Wayward Son, i think SPN. The last one for me,  actually never appeared on the show...Shake it Off...curse you Hillywood! ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

The last one for me,  actually never appeared on the show...Shake it Off...curse you Hillywood! ?

It did appear in s10....or do you mean the Hillywood Show's lyrics?

Divergent series 4th installment may come out on TV instead of theaters and then perhaps set up a spin-off. For me this feels unprecedented. Is it? Perhaps this is the end of stretching out books to make more movies simply for profit. It works for some films, but Allegiant should have been 1 film. I've seen all 3 and read the books, I will definitely agree that the 3rd film was really lacking. It was simply fan fic brought to life with a big budget.

http://tvline.com/2016/07/20/divergent-franchise-last-film-tv-movie-spinoff-series/

(edited)

I was going to say I just saw set photos of him on Teen Wolf. They also said he's a big part of the show this season, I took that too mean he's been filming new scenes recently. 

Edited by Sakura12
(edited)

Nope. He filmed TW for a couple of weeks in February, that's it so far. They always intended to work around his filming schedule for the Maze Runner movie anyway, but he was supposed to be back on the TW set right after the movie wrapped [sometime in May, I think] and well, he didn't, so TW is taking a filming break until next month.

Edited by dtissagirl
(edited)

Oh, I thought that when DOB was in the accident, it was going to mega-delay filming for the Mazerunner stuff because filming for Teen Wolf Season 6 would take precedence (for contract reasons) once he'd recovered. So I just assumed they hadn't filmed anything for S6 prior to the accident, but could definitely be wrong. I have worried about him a lot since the accident. It's really scary and sketchy.

ETA: I looked up filming dates, and you're right--TW filmed just prior to his return to Mazerunner filming, so those photos are probably from that time. :(

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

Oh, I thought that when DOB was in the accident, it was going to mega-delay filming for the Mazerunner stuff because filming for Teen Wolf Season 6 would take precedence (for contract reasons) once he'd recovered. So I just assumed they hadn't filmed anything for S6 prior to the accident, but could definitely be wrong. I have worried about him a lot since the accident. It's really scary and sketchy.

LOL I look at a lot of IDs and I read that as Date Of Birth.

No photos in public. No Twitter activity. His IG only just came active again this week and they look like stock photos from the episodes already filmed. Normally I think the media blows things out of portion but in this case I think his injury was worse than reported.

• Love 2

Yeah, I totally agree. It's really shady the way both of his employers are trying to kind of put a positive spin on things. I mean, maybe that's what he wants, but it's obvious something is pretty wrong and I don't see how it helps to deny that.

I guess we'll see if he shows up to Comic Con this weekend.

He was hit by a car so that's a pretty serious accident. His injuries must be pretty bad since they announced a release date for the third Maze Runner as Jan 2018.

(edited)
28 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Unfortunately I'm afraid this is an image/aesthetics thing. He broke his FACE in the accident, so the lack of public images = protecting his main moneymaker.

Yes, this is what I've assumed as well.

Edited by Carrie Ann
(edited)

Anyone else watch Legend of the Seeker some years back (with Craig Horner and Bridget Regan)?  Well, Craig will be on an upcoming episode of Once Upon a Time!...

Once Upon a Time books Legend of the Seeker star — exclusive
BY NATALIE ABRAMS • July 20, 2016
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/20/once-upon-time-craig-horner

Legend of the Seeker star Craig Horner has landed a guest-starring role on Once Upon a Time — and EW can exclusively reveal that he will be playing the Count of Monte Cristo.

Horner will appear in at least one episode in season 6, though details on what he’ll be doing are being kept under wraps. The Count’s introduction comes in the wake of the show introducing the Land of Untold Stories, which opens up the storytelling possibilities to pretty much everyone.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, FurryFury said:

I don't remember this guy. I did like Bridget Reagan a lot, she basically fit 100% my image of her character from the books (yeah I read them, shut up, the first few weren't THAT bad)

He was Richard/male lead. I barely remember the show, i didn't like him too much but, i liked the Blonde Dominatrix.

22 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Apparently, now I can't save edits on my iPad. One issue clears up, another crops up. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Yes, it's happened to me off and on.  Sometimes on my iPhone as well.  Usually it's happened when I'm trying to post quotes from an article or something, and the edits are to clean up the formatting.  It got to be enough of a hassle that nowdays most of the time I just post the link so I don't have to fight with it.

• Love 1