Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Wheel Inside the Wheel

Fed up with her antics, Klaus becomes agitated and demands that Esther release Elijah, whom she has captured. However, Esther reveals a few dark secrets from Klaus’ past in an attempt to make him an offer he can’t refuse. Meanwhile, Oliver ends up in a dangerous situation, prompting Hayley to reconnect with Jackson, who has been living a new life out in the bayou. Elsewhere, Cami, who still believes baby Hope’s death was her fault, teams up with Marcel and Gia after she becomes suspicious of her faculty advisor Vincent. Lastly, in a surprising turn of events, Klaus comes face-to-face with a visitor from his past.

Promo:

Clips:

http://youtu.be/RyANaTY8z9c

http://youtu.be/lHoLqALWv2U

Inside the episode:

http://youtu.be/dCMpMN8bZJI

I knew Ansel would be Klaus's dad the second Hailey called him "old man" and they were doing Klaus's memory lane with Esther at the same time. Nice tie in with The Vampire Diaries by having the other side going down be what brought back Ansel to the living. 

Sad that they executed Oliver for that though. Loved seeing Jackson return, the wolves need a leader and Hailey didn't cut it. 

Now the question is, where is this Freya? I guess they're re-creating a new sister to fill the Rebeckha void. 

And this curse person is going to come for them all because Klaus's first born has lived. 

Cami's so the weakest link and isn't needed. She should be the next victim. 

• Love 2

Great episode and an even bigger big bad then Mikeal and Esther!

Really wish we had more Elijah but I'm guessing he's on break to film saving hope.

I wonder if we'll meet Freya? If Dalia (was that her name?) comes back maybe Freya will come with her? Or are we supposed to believe she was killed/sacrificed for a ritual.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Looks like Esther made a deal with the devil to have children, so hopefully there is more of Dahlia to come.  I liked this episode a lot except for Cami, maybe if there was a different actress playing that character it would help but she's just not believable.  Nice to see it was Esther who brought back Klaus's father.  Esther and Klaus are two of the same except that Esther claims what she does is for her children.  I don't see how it is. Esther wanted more children, Esther went to magic.  Esther wanted her children stronger, Esther went to magic.  That's not for love that's for her own ego which is what Klaus does.  Both are monsters of equal measures for me.

• Love 4

Well, I guess every single Mikaelson is going to be alive, including Henrik most likely. Ok, I'll roll with it, mostly because I love Mikaelson family drama and the more, the better...and the less romance that has to happen.

Let's start with Klaus, Esther and Ansel. Damn, I knew Klaus' bio dad was somehow going to be turned up alive when Esther was describing her affair but them not showing it, and I had a feeling it was Ansel the moment we saw him. Nonetheless, I am actually very interested. I was at first peeved that someone else was resurrected, but it makes perfect sense and I'm interested to see how this changes Klaus. The producers weren't lying when they said Esther would be putting all her children through a turmoil of some sort. Elijah's in some sort of dream-coma, Klaus is being haunted by his bio dad, and Kol and Finn are witches now. Good thing Rebekah's far, far away at the moment with baby Hope. Now I'm hoping she doesn't return. At least not yet. Let her stay away from the crazy. 

Also, Freya being alive and Dahlia (Dhalia?) being the new Big Bad? Of course there always has to be a bigger bad, but I'll go with it. Bring on the crazy, powerful witch! 

Of course Finn has feelings for Cami, just like Kol has feelings for Davina. You know, I hope Finn is actually playing her and is perfectly aware that she is playing him. Because how glorious (and so Mikaelson of him) would it be if he uses Cami, catches her in an attempted play on him and has her be taught a lesson on trying to go up against a Mikaelson? She may be successful with Klaus, but I hope Finn teaches her that she's not powerful and immortal like she wants to be. 

Oh great, we have to sacrifice Oliver for Jackson. I had a glimmer of hope that Oliver standing up to the pack meant that he was the True Alpha, but I guess not. Sorry, but Oliver appeals to me way more than Jackson ever has. I liked Hayley this episode a lot. I do like her better when she is spending time with the other wolves, or with Klaus. She's much more tolerable and I'm happy they didn't make her take on all those wolves.

All in all, I loved the episode. I'll resign myself to the fact that they're just gonna keep bringing Mikaelsons back. This is the season of the family, that's for sure. Now, if Henrik was magically Josh, then I'd laugh my ass off. 

• Love 3

Cami really is the weakest link and I don't get why now 3 men are after her. With Rebeckha gone there's such a lack of that strong female lead, I'm hoping who ever is Freya is supposed to be good. 

• Love 4

I say bring on more Mikaelsons. They're a fun, crazy bunch, and the more the crazier. I'm all for it. XD 

Now, if Henrik was magically Josh, then I'd laugh my ass off.

No way. Henrik is Davina. ;)

Good episode....although I constantly feel the female series regulars are lacking, with Cami being the weakest link.

This is my main issue with the show. Rebekah was brilliant, but since the actress quit, I hope this body switching business will result in a recast so we can have one decent female character back.

• Love 1

Was that a retcon?  I thought the first Mikaelson kid who died in Europe was a boy.  Maybe not.  It's definitely a retcon that (s)he didn't die of the plague, but I can accept that since it's not contradicting previous information.

Also, while I love the historical background info, it needs a little more Show and a little less Tell.  Apparently Esther's greatest ability is the power of exposition.

Did Cami know what that knife was she almost stabbed Finn with?  I know she took it from her Walk-in Closet of Mystical Objects, but did she know what it would do?  I half expected her to jab him with it, and he'd calmly pull it out and explain that it was a letter opener spelled by a witch in the early 20th century who had trouble opening her UPS packages. 

I'm glad they didn't drag out her not knowing Vincent = Finn, that would have been tedious.

Didn't like Oliver, so his death was un-moving.  Really don't like Jackson; his scenes with Haley seem to be a competition in wooden acting, with Ansel joining the grove.

Despite my nitpicking, I liked this episode.  Klaus's huge daddy issues are actually pretty interesting.  I enjoyed it when he basically told Ansel to piss off.  Sure, Esther said she was afraid of what Mikael would do if he found out about their affair, but at the time Mikael was a plain old mortal and Ansel was a werewolf, so Ansel was a shit-head for going along with her.

I also enjoyed the reveal of our next antagonist.  Esther really is the poster child for Bad Decision Jeans.  i hope Dahlia(?) is something other than yet another witch-back-from-the-dead.  Female Rumplestiltskin maybe, with the whole "I'll take your first born child" schtick. 

• Love 2
I wonder if we'll meet Freya? If Dalia (was that her name?) comes back maybe Freya will come with her? Or are we supposed to believe she was killed/sacrificed for a ritual.

I hope we meet Freya! I would guess that she wouldn't have been sacrificed, at least not immediately, because Dahlia seemed too spiteful not to take some time and turn Freya against the rest of her family at least. Also, I wonder if Freya had died, whether she would have gone to the Other Side (rather than being at peace)? I would think so, since she was conceived through magic -- I would think that she'd be supernatural in a similar way to how the dopplegangers are supernatural.

I loved how Esther's origin story seemed like a fairy tale but still stayed within the world of the show -- it felt like the show was expanding its foundations, in a good way imo. The actresses for the flashbacks were great, too. Even though Esther was sort of grating on my nerves this episode in general, I think she's a very interesting character overall and I hope they keep filling in the blanks of her life. I'd actually like to learn more about her than virtually any other character right now.

I was at first peeved that someone else was resurrected, but it makes perfect sense and I'm interested to see how this changes Klaus.

This actually made me feel terrible for Klaus. I usually have zero empathy for whatever happens to him in the present day, because come on, he's the worst. But to orchestrate this way of sending him all of a sudden and "all sales are final" to this other man who he has nothing but a blood tie with, now that he's an *adult* who has tried for a freaking *millennia* to carve out a niche for himself within his own family...Honestly, in Klaus's place I would find it so extremely hurtful even though I don't think that's how Esther meant it. But WOW, way to kick Klaus out of the Mikaelson family, Esther! Way to just reject him completely! When she said that if he didn't go with his biological father he'd be alone and unloved forever, I was crushed for him. So now that she doesn't need to keep his secret in order to hold the rest of the family together, she's assuming he doesn't belong in the family at all? In Klaus's place, I'd be holding onto Elijah as tightly as possible, too, because at least Elijah would *never* think that way. What's horrible is that I'm sure that Esther really does think that she's doing Klaus a favor and wouldn't even understand if he accused her of anything else (and her guileless denials would probably include yet *more* hurtful shit) -- actually trying to have it out with her would just be stepping into a quagmire. And while all this is hitting the fan, apparently Klaus is supposed to play pretend like he's not a total basket case and that he's impressive because there's Bio Father right there, watching with an expectant smile on his face?! OMG NO.

It's funny, usually I find Klaus just so OTT melodramatic, it's actually what I enjoy about him. But when he's around his parents, I'm always thinking, "wow thankfully Klaus is not entirely freaking out right now like I know he must be on the inside (or like I would be on the inside in his place, anyway)." Also, I usually find it such a pain that when he's in a dispute with someone, he'll never actually discuss the specific thing they're arguing about, he always deflects by changing the subject and casting blame for other random shit -- but with his parents, I'm also always thinking, "wow, thankfully Klaus is just going to let that go for now and talk about something entirely different." Like when his mom went off on her long pitch for this great ~gift~ of being officially kicked out of his own family and deposited in some other man's, as though he were a screwdriver that Esther happened to borrow months and months ago but is finally remembering to return to its long-forgotten original owner now that her family is moving, I was happy that when Klaus finally attacked her to shut her up and she asked what was wrong, that he started talking about Hope instead of the *mess* of what Esther had just been saying.

Good episode....although I constantly feel the female series regulars are lacking, with Cami being the weakest link.

I agree. I don't know what it is about Cami especially, because I think Leah Pipes is OK and the character makes sense on paper but SO BORING. Even Vincent/Finn couldn't save those scenes. And I'm sorry but the fake psychobabble about drove me up a wall, as did Cami saying she felt a "professional obligation" to hang with Klaus. UGH CAMI STOP if you feel a "professional obligation," then where are your professional ethics? Oh yeah, you don't have any because you're not even a *professional* at all! Uuuugh. It's just so fake and stupid and why do we have to waste scenes on this bull? I also usually am fine with her calling people out, it's probably my favorite thing about her, but in this episode it was getting under my skin because I wanted someone to give *her* a reality check for once. I wish they would just kill her or put Freya or Rebekah in her or whatever the hell they're going to do (obviously something, I can't imagine that Finn would care about her otherwise), because I think I got my Cami quota all full up until at least the winter hiatus.

I actually really liked Gia, though. I always assume everyone is playing everyone else on this show (and am always wrong) so when she started trying to endear herself to Marcel by saying she felt at home (re)building the vampire community with him, I immediately wondered what her ulterior motive was and who she was working for. But I think that in reality, she was probably just being honest (which is sweet). I will be seriously annoyed if they're trying to hook Gia up with Marcel just to free Cami for Klaus, though, which I'm afraid is what's happening.

Oh great, we have to sacrifice Oliver for Jackson. I had a glimmer of hope that Oliver standing up to the pack meant that he was the True Alpha, but I guess not. Sorry, but Oliver appeals to me way more than Jackson ever has. I liked Hayley this episode a lot. I do like her better when she is spending time with the other wolves, or with Klaus. She's much more tolerable and I'm happy they didn't make her take on all those wolves.

Oliver always seemed like such a sleaze to me, so I was happy that he died, but I wish Jackson would have gone with him. I'm thinking he eventually will, so Hayley can step in as Alpha, but I wish they'd speed it up (I can't imagine that they're going to relegate her to Alpha-wife or playing second-fiddle in some other way, because she already had to be Klaus's baby momma while getting disrespected at every turn for it, and is now a hybrid, with everyone always hates on for some reason, and there are only so many pegs to knock that poor girl down). Or, I guess that Klaus's bio father might be leading a pack somehow, since he was a "beloved" leader back in the day and was hanging out with Jackson on the bayou anyway (why was he?). Maybe Hayley will kill him to get his Alpha spot? Oooooh she'd be in some trouble then! Anyway, I liked the storyline for the wolves this time around, and I like where it seems to be heading in terms of Aiden's pack and the werewolves' solidarity in general.

• Love 6

Ehh... I'm less than optimistic about this new villain they are hinting at. If TVD's track record with villains is any indication that means that they're going to either kill off the previous one (she's a completely despicable human being but I do like Esther as a villain) or basically ignore the previous villain's actions, steal any and all badassery they once possessed, and gradually roll back their evil acts and general behavior so they're almost one of the good guys to make room for the new villain. Either one isn't particularly appealing. Also, they're going to make Dahlia do even more over the top despicable acts with ridiculous amounts of power to make her look more evil and powerful than Esther.

Edited by immortalfrieza

I'm all for Madam Rumpelstiltskin as the biggest bad. I don't think Freya is dead for good. Evil witches tend to come in threes and my guess is Dahlia was out to convert her niece and grandniece to make a trio of evil. Watch out baby Hope!

A year isn't terribly long for couples, is it? Esther is seriously impulsive, and that's a darn fatal fault when you're powerful (or you have an all evil sister). Klaus suffers from the same problem, plus being awful. But at the same time, he's a fantastic protagonist because I'm 100% invested in his familial relationships and I get pulled right into the emotional drama. It's creepy fun. 

But WOW, way to kick Klaus out of the Mikaelson family, Esther! Way to just reject him completely! When she said that if he didn't go with his biological father he'd be alone and unloved forever, I was crushed for him. So now that she doesn't need to keep his secret in order to hold the rest of the family together, she's assuming he doesn't belong in the family at all? In Klaus's place, I'd be holding onto Elijah as tightly as possible, too, because at least Elijah would *never* think that way.

She's such a flawless dick, and without breaking a sweat. It's funny, because I've been annoyed with Elijah for his treatment of Finn and Kol, but this episode reminded me of what I loved about his relationship with Klaus and why he was so painstakingly loyal to the point of insanity. It was rather rewarding to see both of the brothers so beaten down, after being all powerful and untouchable for nearly all of last season.  

Can Haley even be Alpha? The other wolves don't listen to her or even want her alive. Since she's hybrid, I don't think they'd follow her. They need Jackson or even Klaus's dad.

It wouldn't make sense at all. Hayley isn't really a wolf anymore, she's not even alive technically. She's more of a vampire than anything. She should be about as  welcome than Klaus is, which is not at all. The packs' familial mentality isn't compatible anymore for either of them since they no longer do normal lifespans/procreate. 

Edited by driedfruit

I'm really hoping my beloved Finn is playing that block of wood Cami, there is no other way I can accept their "date." Her gloating call to Marcel afterwards really pissed me off, she is so in over her head I really hope that she gets knocked down a peg or 1000. UGH.

[shallow]Damn, Esther sure could pick 'em back in the day, first that delicious easy on the eyes Mikael (I do so have a crush on SR, ya'll) and then that little yummy Ansel on the side.[/shallow] I never even gave it a passing thought that Esther would rescue Ansel from The Other Side before it collapsed, I should've known better since it's proven that she will do anything and everything to make her plans happen.

I'm really hoping Delilah is the Big Bad and that she did not kill Freya after all, although I've been burned by potential Big Bads both on this show and TVD I'm hoping the actress(es) cast here do not disappoint. I really enjoyed the flashbacks here, not just introducing Delilah and the true story of the MIkaelsons' firstborn's "death" but learning that Esther decided to use magic to bear her children and of course, there is always a price for using magic. I cannot wait to see Esther's face when she realizes little Hope is alive after all. I'll admit that I'm still totally not on Klaus' side since I still find him so whiny (get over it, already!) but I quietly cheered when he attacked Esther for going after his child.

Was it just me or did Jackson sound better last night? Not as marble mouthed? I'd rather him as alpha then Hayley especially since she's a hybrid now, at least he's still a wolf. And farewell to Greasy Oliver. It was nice to see Aiden again but I demand an update on his relationship with Josh ASAP.

Elijah, I'm glad you've been rescued now go clean up so we can enjoy your suaveness again. ;-)

• Love 1

Damn it, I am stuck listening to Jackson's terrible "I really need a salt gargle and some throat lozenges" strained voice again? I didn't like Oliver but having Jackson resurface made me wish we could have kept Ollie instead, if only because his voice doesn't sound so strained and constipated. I still don't care about Hayley. I don't find the werewolf/vampire conflict interesting on this show and I didn't find it interesting on TVD either so I kind of wish Hayley, Jackson, and the other wolves would wander off somewhere else.

Esther continues her endless streak of being a dick. I don't understand why Klaus walked away when he had the opportunity to kill her. I was yelling, "Finish him! Sweep the leg!" but apparently Klaus didn't hear me.

I can't wait to hear what Dahlia did with Freya. Kiddie sacrifice? Enslaved to her for all eternity? Happily married off after Dahlia magicked away all her memories of Esther and the Mikaelsons? Heh now that I think about it, Freya is lucky to have escaped her family of assholes (not to mention being turned into a vampire).

• Love 1

This season is infinitely better than the first.  Last season lacked the Original family and I am thrilled they are slowly bringing everyone back!  The Originals won me over on TVD and I hated that they couldn't always delve into their back story.  Finally, we have the chance!  I am LOVING it!!!!!!!

Hopefully they cast two strong females in the roles of Dhalia and Freya.  Cami needs to be killed off immediately as she does nothing for the show.  Her scenes are wasting precious moments.  Gia is a great addition and I hope they keep her around.  I usually don't mind Hayley, but man her acting is awful.  Also, she didn't look right this episode or last week's either.  Last week when she made out with Elijiah and then showed him her neck seemed so poorly acted.

Daniel is doing an excellent job at portraying Kol.  Such a great character and my favorite Original.  In my opinion, Kol is the most grounded of them all!  I can't remember exactly what he was warning everyone about on TVD prior to his death, but I remember he was being logical.  With all that said, I still want Nathaniel back.

The new Finn is superb though.  What an excellent actor.  I do hope he is playing Cami.  She came off as so annoying and cocky.  

I had high hopes that when Klaus was strangling Lenora that she would body jump back into her original body.  I thought for sure the digging of the coffin in the beginning was going to lead to that.  Oh well.

Still confused as to whether the dreams Lenora is showing Elijiah are real or fabricated?

Edited by TheHappinessHotel
  • Love 1

I remember the oldest sibling who died as being male too but as retcons go I can live with this one. They probably did so they can have a Mikaelson sister without recasting Rebekah- which would be easy enough to do given the current storyline. I wish Esther or Finn would say something in passing about not being able to find Rebekah or better yet they think they've finally found her but it turns out to be Freya instead.

I hope Freya has a tweaked version of Silas' witchy vampirism (it freaked Klaus out so much he ran all the way to NO so more of that please). Something like the Mikaelson doppelgänger is bobbing along in her human life, baby Hope is born and bam Dahlia's magic kicks in and she remembers all her lives, the deal her mother welshed on and is suddenly a vampire.

This episode had too much Cami and Esther exposition fairy-ing  but I love the potential storylines it's opened up.  Esther/Dahlia is a showdown that has to happen and SR would act the hell out of being reunited with his lost daughter.

As much as I love Mikaelson family drama, and I really do, I worry that it means less Marcel. We've had so little of him this season and I miss him. However, I looking forward to more Mikaelsons' trying ruin each other's lives.

I appreciate Jackson being back because I liked the actor when he took over the role of James on True Blood after the previous actor left because he didn't want to do gay scenes. Additionally, Oliver has been a duplicitous little shit his entire run on this show. No one in their right mind would believe him or follow him. And Hayley is not a contender because for all of the help she provides to the wolves, they keep telling her unequivocally "thanks, but you're not one of us anymore." If Phoebe Tonkin were a better actress, the show could do a mini arc in Hayley's disappointed face every time she's rebuffed by the wolves. But Phoebe's so flat and bad that there is nothing there to work with.

• Love 2
And Hayley is not a contender because for all of the help she provides to the wolves, they keep telling her unequivocally "thanks, but you're not one of us anymore."

Hayley is so well-connected, though. She's bff with every other leader or possible leader. Last time she went down to see the wolves, Klaus also propped her by setting her up to come to everyone's defense -- he obviously is still actively trying to make her the Alpha. I'm sure that whoever ends up in charge of the vampires would love for her to be in charge of the wolves, and she's got to have some ambition (and a desire to win the wolves over altogether) because I would think that her main goal right now is to make things safer for bringing Hope back into town. That's Hope's pack anyway, so Hayley's at least got to try to make nice and also get them to be more accepting of hybrids (because who even knows what's going on with Hope, apparently she's not just an untriggered werewolf). I don't get why everyone has a problem with hybrids anyway. They were really playing that up on TVD back in the day and I always thought it was really offputting and strange. Anyway, I wouldn't count Hayley out as Alpha because she's got some relatively powerful people who would be happy to see her in that role, even if the dumbass werewolves have some arbitrary issue with werewolf v. hybrid. (And I also hate that they call it being a "hybrid" like they're mules ffs /rant).

Speaking of hybrids, though, I would think that Ansel is not long for being just a werewolf. I dunno, if I were in Klaus's shoes I would sire him to Hope pretty soon. Not *immediately* of course, since he and Ansel have barely had a conversation and since Hope being alive is still a secret, but imo it would be the first thing on my mind since one grandparent had already tried to kill the poor thing. Also, this idea of having a "second chance" at Ansel being Klaus's father is only going to work (for some value of "work") by way of Ansel having a (grand)parent/child relationship with Hope imo. Also, I personally would be trying to cement that relationship with a sire bond just in case. Not even to keep Ansel from killing Hope, per se, even just so that he'll stay loyal and interested in her. I mean, it's not like Ansel really ~proved~ his family loyalty with Klaus way back when, they should probably have some sort of fail safe, lol.

I like Esther as a villain, but really she's a completely despicable human being

Why is Esther despicable? (Honest question, not sarcasm). To me, she seems "difficult" rather than evil. I think of her as a pretty regular self-deluded control freak, albeit in a supernatural world/with supernatural powers. She and Klaus seem like two peas in a pod to me, except that Klaus is massively insecure even compared to Esther and therefore even more impossible to deal with than she is. At least Esther is straight forward, she's not torturing herself and asking for help *while* micromanaging/undermining everyone around her and escalating every conflict to try and tear others down so that she feels powerful and in control. She just does the latter part, she doesn't do the former, "needy" part, that Klaus does. I actually find the neediness to be the most maddening part of that kind of behavior, but even though he does it *constantly,* I still like/enjoy Klaus regardless. So I have a hard time getting all that angry at Esther, who imo is actually less than a PITA than Klaus is. 

• Love 1

I don't get why everyone has a problem with hybrids anyway. They were really playing that up on TVD back in the day and I always thought it was really offputting and strange.

It makes a lot of sense when you consider how different supernatural creatures seem to be so deeply prejudice against the others, especially the wolves and the witches who consider themselves pure and natural. With those notions, it'd be strange if they were accepting of hybrids. An analogous situation would be a person of mixed race (and visibly so) trying to fit into a prejudice community.

Not that I don't think the wolf community won't get over it and eventually bow down to her, not as an alpha, but an all powerful queen gracing them with her miraculous existance. Because lbr Hayley is the show's Mary Sue.

Isn't Freya dead?

Who knows. She could be anchored and immortal, like Amara on TVD. Or held in another universe. I expect Dahlia wasn't just your regular witch if she can come around and take kids from every generation ever.

And can't Klaus procreate since he activated his werewolf gene after he became a vampire?

He did once, but I thought it was a special one time miracle. Why else would Mikael call the event so improbable it's impossible if Klaus can go around impregnating any random?

Edited by driedfruit
It makes a lot of sense when you consider how different supernatural creatures seem to be so deeply prejudice against the others, especially the wolves and the witches. An analogous situation would be a person of mixed race trying to fit into a prejudice community.

Yeah, that's the obvious analogy, which is why it bothered me a lot when everyone on TVD was like "hybrids are the DEVIIIIIIIL" (I stopped watching TVD for quite a while at that time, though that also wasn't the sole reason. I got caught up again because I like this show, though).

ETA:

This is also why I'm interested in the introduction of Aiden, who apparently is OK starting a relationship with Josh-the-vampire and forming an alliance with Esther-the-witch, and who also listened to Oliver this past episode when Oliver started pontificating about loyalty among werewolves.

ETA2:

And can't Klaus procreate since he activated his werewolf gene after he became a vampire?
He did once, but I thought it was a special one time miracle. Why else would Mikael call the event so improbable it's impossible if Klaus can go around impregnating any random?

I don't think there's a way to know yet whether Hope is a fluke or not. Esther said the binding spell was to close off Klaus's "werewolf aspect":  maybe that "werewolf aspect" also includes the ability to procreate?

Edited by rue721

Wow just really wow is Esther ever insain or what? The woman makes Klaus look sympathetic. She obviously has some really warped obsession with making her children "perfect" and always controled by her. Why do I feel IF they did agree to body jump she STILL would never leave them alone to have a "normal" human life but keep messing and tinkering always chasing that "perfect" family that can NEVER be. It seems so obvious after 1000 years yet she still is BSC as ever about controling them. eeek!

And trading Oliver for Jackson? Not much of a trade, plus WTH was up with "Ollie" and "Jack" just suddenly out of the blue?

I like Ansel's stage presence, I also think he'll be a great foil/advisor for Klaus.

I need more Elijah, I really dislike his part of the story right now. Get him out of that trance.ugh!

I'm really pleased they are introducing a different potential big bad.  I know I sound like a broken record but I can't stand this Esther plot.  Her actions serve no purpose and nearly every scene does nothing but add lube to help her better twirl her mustache.  I find her to be such an unenjoyable big bad because there are no layers.  She's just a villainous villain who I expect to cackle.  

The rest of the cast has always been so enjoyable for me and they were the ones that were carrying me along with this season.  I nearly gave up there until this Thalia was introduced.  Interest piqued again.  

Oooooh guys, just thought of something. What if Dahlia got pissed that after making that big bargain with Esther, she only ended up getting the one kid (Freya) out of the deal? Dahlia had expected to get "first borns" for generation after generation, but Esther's line was only one generation long, and Dahlia got "cheated" out of almost all of her due. So maybe *Dahlia* was the one who instigated Hope being born, so that she could keep collecting on Esther's debt for at least one more generation?

• Love 2

Oooooh guys, just thought of something. What if Dahlia got pissed that after making that big bargain with Esther, she only ended up getting the one kid (Freya) out of the deal? Dahlia had expected to get "first borns" for generation after generation, but Esther's line was only one generation long, and Dahlia got "cheated" out of almost all of her due. So maybe *Dahlia* was the one who instigated Hope being born, so that she could keep collecting on Esther's debt for at least one more generation?

That's what I thought too. By turning her kids into vampires Ester ended her line and Dahlia was PISSED. Also it was my understanding that Klays procreating would only work with another wolf.....