Type keyword(s) to search

Which Character is Most Likely to Die Next?

• Start Topic

POLL OPEN

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here is a list of cast members who could possibly die. I only chose reoccurring and main characters that would be a considered a big death. Some mains, like Snow and Emma are pretty much "safe", so they're not listed. I avoided Big Bads due to their obvious likelihood. Please vote and share your thoughts below!

Edited by KingOfHearts

'Maid Marian is sure to be a goner by the end of the Season, but I think we may get a temporary "death" as well. The most likely candidate for that is Hook. He is in servitude to Rumple "for life", and a short-term death will free him from that contract.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 6

I do think a temporary Hook "death" is a good bet. But if we're talking genuinely kicking the bucket Neal-style, I'm going to go with Belle. The writers clearly don't know what to do with her, and they can do so much more with Rumple without her. 

• Love 2

I doubt the writers will ever have the guts to kill Belle permanently, releasing Emilie from contract and all. She's too much of a Disney icon and Rumbelle's still popular in fandom (amazingly, I might add).

I don't think any of the regulars are going anywhere anytime soon.

• Love 2

But if we're talking genuinely kicking the bucket Neal-style, I'm going to go with Belle. The writers clearly don't know what to do with her, and they can do so much more with Rumple without her. 

I don't think the writers have the guts to kill off Belle. I agree her character is a dead-weight around Rumple's neck, but the writers will want to keep her around to give Rumple his Happy Ending. :-p 

• Love 1

Sigh. You're probably right. But killing her off would be such a good catalyst for sending him full-imp again. Imagine Imp Rumple -- sparkly skin and all -- just hanging around Storybrooke causing trouble? Sigh. Let me dream. 

• Love 5

The best thing that could happen to Belle is something like Marian's freezing, but until the penultimate episodes of the show. Then Rumple will at least be free of her for a few seasons. Their scenes really drag him down, such a waste of the character and the actor.

• Love 4

Sigh. You're probably right. But killing her off would be such a good catalyst for sending him full-imp again. Imagine Imp Rumple -- sparkly skin and all -- just hanging around Storybrooke causing trouble? Sigh. Let me dream. 

That's what fanfic is for! And believe me, I have actually started thinking about this story and I'm going to need something to keep me occupied during the hiatus anyway so.... ;)

I'm going with Hook as a temporary death. There's no way something bad is not going to happen to him after some of the foreshadowing so far.

I'm going with Hook as Mostly Dead, Cursed Dead, Believed Lost or Dead (like when Neal was shot and sent through the portal) or otherwise temporarily toast. The anvils have been falling hard, and it would put Emma through the wringer while also getting him out of any deal with Rumple. He might even get to move to Hero status if he gets himself killed trying to foil Rumple's scheme or through some other selfless act.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm going with Hook as Mostly Dead

Oh gosh. What I would give for sparkly Rumple to say, "He's only mostly dead, which is slightly alive!" Belle comes out, "King George! King George! King George!"

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

Totally nonsensical I would vote for Rumple. Will not happen, I guess, but he is the character I would kill, he is a dead man anyway. And they like to bring back major characters just to kill them again and finally in the following season (possible candidates: Rumple or Blue, another possibility would be Zelena or Pan) I agree with what others have said in other threads here, with Neal dead Rumple lost his emotional motivator, now he is just an addict. Belle is a sweet young woman, but she just doesn't have the charisma and maturity to pull Rumple out of that. Sorry, book knowledge and blind belief is sometimes not enough to truly save a person's soul - Belle will fail and be eaten alive by it. Or that's how it should be, but these writers sure will tell a different story and make more fluffy, wannabe greyish fairy tales which are nothing but muddy warm words and illusions with no emotional depth. Even in times when there was still the search for Bae I pictured Rumple to go out with a big bang (and maybe the bang could have left behind an aged, but stripped of power, sentimental old man happily living out the rest of his days with his son in a nice cottage in Storybrooke). Rumple has reached his narrative end, so let's give him a decent end. The cruelest thing they can do to this characters is to drag him on, turn him pretty much into a narrative zombie, only for the sake of shipping (and money).

My other nonsensical option would be Emma, but that is impossible on this show. Would like to save her narrative soul though.

Oh, right, it's about most likely. Then it's Robin Hood. 

Edited by katusch

I'd agree about Rumple, but not Emma. If there's a choice between Rumple that makes no sense and no Rumple, I'd choose the latter. It's been a while since I've truly enjoyed his character the way I used to in s1. Him becoming a full-on villain could be even better, but it's even less likely at this point.

I want Robin to die, die, die for real, but then Regina crying over him makes me just...too early on Sunday to ruin my Sunday imagining that scene.  If Marian dies, then it's a complete cop-out.

I'm going to go with Wiley Coyote Hook on this one with all the foreshadowing and anvils.  I'm not sure that it will be happen in the first half of the season.  Then I'll probably get all choked up over Emma's reaction to the "death" of the guy who is good at surviving.  Yeah...Sunday officially ruined. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm going to go with Wiley Coyote Hook on this one with all the foreshadowing and anvils.  I'm not sure that it will be happen in the first half of the season.  Then I'll probably get all choked up over Emma's reaction to the "death" of the guy who is good at surviving.  Yeah...Sunday officially ruined.

Neal parallels incoming.

I want Robin to die, die, die for real, but then Regina crying over him makes me just...too early on Sunday to ruin my Sunday imagining that scene.  If Marian dies, then it's a complete cop-out.

I would love for Robin to die, even if Regina cries over him. The only problem is that she'll find someone to blame for his death, and he'll garner sainthood for every conversation anyone will ever have about him. (Like Neal!) If this were any show but Once, it would be a nice twist. I feel like this show needs a character death for some reason.

Edited by KingOfHearts

OK, after yesterday night episode, my bet is on Hook.

Even if, for consistency, it should be baby Neal

(Ingrid and Elsa killed/hurt their sisters)

But

the "pleasure" of Rumple kinda gave it away

After this last episode, if it's who I want to die, then it's Robin Hood, and horribly (but not in a way that would be too traumatic for his wife and son).

But I'm really thinking even more that Hook is in grave danger because he's an impediment to Ingrid's scheme. She can't have Emma to herself by isolating Emma from all those people who fear her and don't really love her while Emma has a boyfriend who loves her unconditionally, encourages her magic every step of the way, and who has none of the baggage associated with her parents. Ingrid will have to take him out of the picture somehow, and since I don't think he'll give up on Emma even if she breaks up with him (since he'll be pretty sure that's Ingrid messing with Emma), killing or cursing him (freezing him?) is about the only way to do that and be sure he won't keep trying to reach Emma. Heck, even if he were dead, he'd probably find a way to do the Ghost thing and hang around to protect her from the bad guys.

• Love 5

Heck, even if he were dead, he'd probably find a way to do the Ghost thing and hang around to protect her from the bad guys.

There's a heart-breaking Ghost!Hook fic someone wrote last year that still breaks my heart whenever I think of it. :-/

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

There's a heart-breaking Ghost!Hook fic someone wrote last year that still breaks my heart whenever I think of it. :-/

It really does, I don't even have to read it. Just think of it and my eyes mist up.

• Love 1

If somebody kills Robin Hood, it will make the season for me. Hell, even if dies from magical cancer, or his heart bursts because his love for Regina is just that strong, I won't object.

Seriously, I had a dream last night that had a few Once characters (Robin, Hook, Elsa and Anna, I think) and the only thing I remember clearly is that Robin was an unbelievable douche.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 4

If somebody kills Robin Hood, it will make the season for me. Hell, even if dies from magical cancer, or his heart bursts because his love for Regina is just that strong, I won't object.

Ordinarily, I'd enthusiastically agree with you, FurryFury, but if Robin dies, we're all going to have to watch scene after scene of Regina's Worse Than Anyone Ever's Pain.  That, in itself, would be bad enough, but could be fast forwarded.  (it would even be worth it, if it meant that Regina had actual consequences and we didn't have to watch Outlaw Queen any more.  Poor Roland and Marian.)

However, if someone who isn't Regina does it--even if it's an accident--it's somehow going to end up being a White/Charming family member who gets the blame, even if their part was to stand near Robin and sneeze when he tripped over something while having an aneurysm. 

I really don't want to have the next season and a half being subjected to the White/Charmings having to prostrate themselves over and over to Regina because they sneezed while Robin tripped and had an aneurysm.

If he dies, I want Regina to do it.  In full possession of her senses.  With no White/Charming family member in the vicinity whatsoever.

• Love 3

If he dies, I want Regina to do it.  In full possession of her senses.  With no White/Charming family member in the vicinity whatsoever.

It would be a neat twist, and it is certainly not unprecedented for Regina to kill a paramour (or anyone). 

• Love 2

It would certainly be in character for her to lash out if he goes back to Marian once she's thawed, in spite of the night of crypt lovin'. 

I was going to say that it would improve the show if Henry were written out, as then we wouldn't have any more holding back from dealing with Rumple because of the "he's family" argument and Regina would lose her biggest cheerleader and enabler, and then there would be no more risk of "save Henry!" plots after he did something stupid. But I think that would just be too devastating for Emma (and probably Hook, since Henry is all he has left of Milah and Bae), but the show would only give us Regina's Greatest Pain Ever and disregard the fact that others might mourn his loss, too. So maybe he can just get a scholarship to some exclusive boarding school, where he'll be too busy even to e-mail home and tell Regina she's not evil.

yeah there's no way they're going to kill off Robin - he's Regina's true love so no way he's going anywhere.  I wanted Belle to be the character to die last season and I still think she's the most under-used character on the show but realistically she's not going anywhere.  I'm sure they're going to kill off the Snow Queen at the end of 4x11 but I'd really like her live to fight another battle.

Are you sure it was a dream and not just a memory? ;)

Nah, on the real show, he's all about Regina, and she wasn't even there. I think he was arguing with Hook and said some shitty stuff. I'm not even such a big Hook fan, but still.

, but if Robin dies, we're all going to have to watch scene after scene of Regina's Worse Than Anyone Ever's Pain.

Eh, doesn't convince me. They'll just find something else if Robin won't die. Maybe Marian will wake up and he'll go back to her again. And then she'll die and he'll blame himself and Regina will angst about it until the end of the season and the inevitable TLK.

(Actually, I'm almost sure that's exactly what's going to happen).

• Love 2

Ordinarily, I'd enthusiastically agree with you, FurryFury, but if Robin dies, we're all going to have to watch scene after scene of Regina's Worse Than Anyone Ever's Pain.

I'd say if Robin dies any other way, he'll get the Neal treatment. Hook and Emma (or Snowing) will name their baby after him, and he'll be inducted into the Hero Hall of Fame for the rest of eternity. Even if Regina murdering him totally wrecks her redemption arc and makes everyone hate her, I'd still love for it to happen. It would redeem her as a character, imo.

• Love 1