Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"You Americans?" Where is "Sam Maitland" from?  And if he spent most of his life in Europe, why does he have an American accent?

Umm, maybe under a rock, considering his utter lack of manners?  

If only Abby had just burst out laughing.

Goshgollygee, will Hope and Rafe be OKAY????  Inquiring minds do not give a shit.

And somebody, anybody, give Ciara a super swirly STAT.

• Love 8

So, just when you start to feel like you may root for Stephan due to the smugness radiating off BF's Chad, you are slapped with the fact that he is a pervy flasher. Nice, show. 

Well, Abs is going to feel pretty dang stupid for throwing in with Andre when all is revealed. 

Rafe is strictly ff material. So, any scene taking place with his character at the center is not getting any play from me. 

• Love 5

Starting to get bored with the show.  Maybe it's because all the stuff happening around Theo got spoiled when KP posted that video, months ago.  Hopefully once that plays out onscreen, I'll be 99.9% spoiler-free and will find the show more interesting.

I don't hate this Stefan character, but he's not a whole lot different than the Deimos character - both smug and rich, and ret-conned.  I almost see some chemistry between him and Abigail, but I can't root for another cheating storyline.

Speaking of cheating, I suppose Rafe's secret will come out at the wedding, but I don't really care. 

Is the show still taping 6 months in advance? Did they take a long hiatus over the holidays again this year?

• Love 3

I personally can't help but feel that the Theo storyline was pretty pointless even if it gave JJ some emotional scenes to play and set up this business with Lani. I suppose we might get some more Kayla /Kate tension if we're lucky but I don't much care otherwise.

With Theo leaving, I can't help but feel they could have spent his remaining month or so on the show including him in ways that would have been more enjoyable. His one brief scene with Kate after waking up from the coma was one of my favorite Theo scenes ever because it acknowledged just how deep their relationship runs. Couldn't we've seen him and Kate actually have a deep relationship instead? Him breaking into the building, setting off the alarm, getting shot by JJ and escaping and requiring Kate nursing him back to health in secret would have been more entertaining. I've been waiting forever for them to have scenes together and for Theo to grapple with his DiMera side a bit after growing up so sheltered from it. Kate could have still done all her handwringing and crying while trying to save Theo from paralysis all the while hoping to save her own ass by keeping him prisoner essentially. It's annoying how dull this storyline was. Was it any different from when Brady was shot or when John was in a coma? We always get the same scenes of family members choking up and crying and arguing amongst each other. And then the person recovers and all is forgotten.

There still seems to be too many storylines happening all at once on this show and none of them are getting the time they need. I don't feel like we've spent nearly enough time with Will and his family dealing with the fact that he's alive and that he's a different person. All we got was that scene about his breakfast preferences and he's otherwise been kind of blank. What are his career ambitions now? What does he think of having nothing but wealthy relatives all of a sudden? Etc. We haven't spent any time with Lucas in rehab even after 3 months of buildup. There wasnt any buildup to Roman asking Anna to spend time with him again either. We never see Sonny running Titan and with him focusing so much on Will lately, it stands to reason he'd be a lousy CEO. No time to see that though!

I guess I can't sit here and expect that they would write more material for Kate considering she's kind of in the middle of four or five different stories right now but I'm just bummed out that this relationship that was set up years ago never got fully developed in all of this time. Theo has spent the majority of his scenes dealing with either Ciara or Claire. It's kind of infuriating. It would have been so much more gratifying to see him deal with Kate and have a real arc there.

Maybe if the character comes back they'll play up his resentment towards Kate a bit more. I really don't think he'll be able to completely forgive her after spending a year trying to regain his ability to walk.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

Given Patch and Lani both had dizzy spells, there were a lot of amusing jokes on Twitter about them both being pregnant and having their babies swapped by, like, Vivian or something lol.  Make it happen, Ron!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13

Jesus, Victor, be an asshole.

Sonny is going full Kiriakis mode by being a total asshole just like Victor.

Yeah, Eli, you know what Gabi means about putting her trust in the wrong person?  Huh?

Jennifer, Kayla should not be talking to you about Theo's care.

What an idea! Actually go and ask Eric instead of jumping to conclusions.

This Doctor Shaw guy is boring.

Aaaand Victor gets more assholeish.

It sure didn't take Sonny time to pack.

• Love 8

Maggie needs to yell at Victor more--damn enjoyable :)

I'm proud of how maturely Will is handling all of this angst--he isn't being manipulated by anyone and he's sticking to his beliefs--good man.  Sonny looks unhinged, especially when he's yelling at Paul--Paul, take a good long look and be grateful you are away from this man.

Do not care about Lani, I do however care about Gabi and Eli and I hope Eli spills his guts sooner rather than later--but it won't happen.

I hope the show goes romantic comedy with Eric and Jenn instead of angst-ridden.

• Love 9

Will, you have few options in terms of housing - until you find a job. You may have to stay at Grandma's for a while. Nice of you to drop Sonny - you need time to figure out who you are and what you want. A divorce is probably a good idea.

Lani, you find out you are knocked up within 2 weeks? I could have seen by the end of January.

Victor, find something to do with your days besides being a jerk to people. Let Sonny make his own decisions and mistakes. Good to see Sonny heading off to London. Yay.

Jen, maybe you should ask Eric about what you overheard.

• Love 3

If I were Sonny, I'd go to Paris and tell everyone Victor's name is really Dickless Crapodopolis and sell Titan to Xander.  I'm hoping that at the very least, he's packed up all of Victor's depends and is taking them with him.  Time to spike the old asshole's prune juice with more prune juice.

So Will is going to find himself, huh?  How come he thinks the first place to look is down Paul's throat?  People say he's just like his mother and I think that's bullshit.....I LIKE his mother.

Not a fan of Sparkle, never have been, probably never will be - but he was excellent, just excellent, dealing with Sonny and his viperish ways.  The next time Sonny treats him this way, I hope he exposes the little shit for all his shortcomings, which I think must be considerable.  How sad it must be for Sonny to drop his towel and have nobody notice.

The sexual tension between Eric and Jennifer is smokin', right?

giphy.gif

Right?  OOOO, the smell of burning plastic is such a turn on!

I hope Dr. Day Player realizes he'll only be getting soup and salad with Jennifer and there will NOT be any dessert.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Boes, Dr. Day Player maybe should hope for some special Horton donuts.

Hahaha!  You're right.  Now THOSE would get that stick out of Jennifer's backside.

• Love 2

It's weird for me to remember how much I once loved Sonny because I can't stand him anymore. He's such a little jerk and I never want to hear him say he loved/loves Paul again. You can't love or know someone and then treat them the way he treats Paul. Paul was the least dishonest in the whole Will/Sonny/Paul triangle going back to the start of it. Will was the one who first cheated (and not just with Paul but also while in L.A.) and lied and schemed and manipulated. Does Sonny have amnesia, too? 

I don't want Paul/Will because we all know how this goes. Paul will come to care about him then Will gets his memory back and returns to Sonny, Paul gets screwed again. I'll pass. Give Paul a real man, please.

The cure for insomnia has been found and it's Eric/Jennifer. Will the show ever quit trying to pawn bland men off on the bland Jennifer? Just right your wrong and bring Jack back, plz.

• Love 9

Wow.. Sonny is a privileged, entitled snot.  He truly believes his precious Will could never, ever stray.  Hate to break it to him but Will cheated him before with Paul AND kissed Paul not once but twice and admitted to liking it!  Sonny hates the fact him he dumped Paul to hop back with Will has backfired in his face big time.  I could careless about his feelings at the moment.  

As for Lani being pregnant, I'm probably in the minority, but I want the baby to be JJ's.  JJ is like his dad in a lot of ways when it comes to being a screw up, that if he becomes a father, he might actually find something where he won't mess up.  Some have also questioned when the last time was JJ and Lani had sex and it was before Theo's shooting.  If Kayla says Lani is a one month along it will definitely be JJ's, anything less it will be 50/50 that it be Eli's.  Yet I like this pacing of Lani's pregnancy reveal is going.  Unlike the hot mess over at Bold and Beautiful with how they have told Steffy's pregnancy, this is much more believable and realistic. 

Still don't care about Gabi's fashion career.  Zzz. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Garnett7 said:

I don't want Paul/Will because we all know how this goes. Paul will come to care about him then Will gets his memory back and returns to Sonny, Paul gets screwed again. I'll pass. Give Paul a real man, please.

That is exactly my worry, that Ron's setting Paul for a big fall.  That Paul will try and try to do the right thing and stay away from Will, he'll finally succumb to Will's pursuit and sleep with him/develop feelings for Will, and then Will will (heh) get his memories back and go skipping back to Sonny.  Don't do to Paul what you did to my beloved Schuyler Joplin, Ron!

That said, I do kinda want Will's memories to return while sleeping with Paul, that would be hilariously soapy to me.

5 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Wow.. Sonny is a privileged, entitled snot.  He truly believes his precious Will could never, ever stray.  Hate to break it to him but Will cheated him before with Paul

AND with that dude in LA, don't forget about LA dude!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That is exactly my worry, that Ron's setting Paul for a big fall.  That Paul will try and try to do the right thing and stay away from Will, he'll finally succumb to Will's pursuit and sleep with him/develop feelings for Will, and then Will will (heh) get his memories back and go skipping back to Sonny.  Don't do to Paul what you did to my beloved Schuyler Joplin, Ron!

That said, I do kinda want Will's memories to return while sleeping with Paul, that would be hilariously soapy to me.

AND with that dude in LA, don't forget about LA dude!

I too believe that Paul is going to get thrown under the bus.. I won't be crying, but, Ron is so predictable with his stories.. Will is going to break Paul's heart and go running back to Sonny. Chandler did say that he believes that Wilson is endgame and that the fans should hold on tight..

• Love 1
14 hours ago, boes said:

So Will is going to find himself, huh?  How come he thinks the first place to look is down Paul's throat?  People say he's just like his mother and I think that's bullshit.....I LIKE his mother.

Paul oozes sex appeal.  There are far worse places for Will to find himself than down Paul's throat.  And where else should a 20-something year old male go looking?  

Are Steve and Lani both pregnant???  This could be one helluva baby-switching storyline!  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Paul oozes sex appeal.  There are far worse places for Will to find himself than down Paul's throat.  And where else should a 20-something year old male go looking?  

Are Steve and Lani both pregnant???  This could be one helluva baby-switching storyline!  

1. BWAH and yes, please show THAT scene. HAWT!!!

2. OMG, I don't think that even Ron would write an MPREG for Days. He's not THAT campy. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

You and I see Paul differently, very differently, I think.  Though I generally agree that he DOES ooze...

But Will lost his memory, not his mind.  He knows that he and Paul weren't even friendly before, their hooking up notwithstanding.  He knows Paul has always only wanted Sonny, and he knows Paul still hasn't shown any interest in him, other than being far nicer to him than he deserves.  If this was a straight storyline, no way some guy would get away with casual tonsilar assault.  Bite your tongue, Will Horton, your OWN tongue.

Will needs a Grindr account in the worst way.  Who knows, he just might meet Stefan O........my.....

Edited by boes
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, boes said:

You and I see Paul differently, very differently, I think.  Though I generally agree that he DOES ooze...

But Will lost his memory, not his mind.  He knows that he and Paul weren't even friendly before, their hooking up notwithstanding.  He knows Paul has always only wanted Sonny, and he knows Paul still hasn't shown any interest in him, other than being far nicer to him than he deserves.  If this was a straight storyline, no way some guy would get away with casual tonsilar assault.  Bite your tongue, Will Horton, your OWN tongue.

Will needs a Grindr account in the worst way.  Who knows, he just might meet Stefan O........my.....

I don't want to get in trouble by putting a spoiler in here. Ron's contrivances with Horita are about to get worst.. Ron sucks at subtlety. 

If Ron wants Will to explore his sexuality and being single. Perhaps, Will should get a grinder account and do him.  I don't think that NBC has the balls to do that.. Will fixating on Paul is just going to put him in another monogamous relationship. 

• Love 2

Yknow, I really don't want to know that Andre and Kate are having sex.

Is it possible to tell if a woman is pregnant at two weeks?

Ugh, enough with the Chabby SexyTimes.

"I didn't mean to offend you."  Of course you did, asshole.  That's what you intended. It's part of your plot to bring down DiMera.

"We're going to treat you like family."  "I'm not sure that's a selling point, considering your history."

Kate, using Nick as an argument to Gabi was stupid.

Who did Abigail think was at the door?  Chad wouldn't have knocked.

What? Roman changed the whole menu since the time he went to bed with Anna?

Oh, it's clear from these interchanges that there will be a Stefano and Abby thing coming up.

IPO?  wtf? where did that come from?

Er, Eli don't just say this sounds like a celebration and then hang up, schedule, man!

• Love 5

Two weeks pregnant? No, that's when you ovulate so you're not actually pregnant yet. Two weeks after sexy times? You can because that's technically 4 weeks pregnant and when you would normally test if trying to get pregnant. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, boes said:

You must be watching with your eyes closed.  *giggle*

I don't think Will busting-a-move on Paul twice is unreasonable.  He knows they had some sexy time once before, and I think men can be hard-headed when they see something/someone they want.  I'd agree that it's getting stalker-ish if he tries again, but I'm rooting for it, so....

See how forgiving one can be when they want something to happen, and all the rules change when we don't :)

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

You must be watching with your eyes closed.  *giggle*

I don't think Will busting-a-move on Paul twice is unreasonable.  He knows they had some sexy time once before, and I think men can be hard-headed when they see something/someone they want.  I'd agree that it's getting stalker-ish if he tries again, but I'm rooting for it, so....

See how forgiving one can be when they want something to happen, and all the rules change when we don't :)

I not only love the way you think, I completely agree with it.

(See my ignoring Andre's homicidal tendencies)....

• Love 3

I did see a spark between Stefan and Gabi but we all know that won't happen because apparently Stefan's going to be wasted on Abby because she's that irresistible.

Lani continues to annoy and the actress proves yet again how little to no talent she actually has. He reaction to an unplanned pregnancy was scrunching up her face and trying to cry--that was the extent of her angst.

I'm enjoying Kate and Andre's interactions and Kate's taking shots at Vivian is awesome--I'm also loving how Vivian a woman who once buried someone alive and has committed many other crimes, sneeringly referred to Gabi as "that little felon."  Too funny.  And what was up with Kate joking about pushing Nick into the river--Gabi at least looked suitably shocked.

Re: Paul, Will and Sonny--it's funny because I used to love Sonny but now I can't stand him, I'm still indifferent to Paul even though I think the actor is quite good and Will is the only person I'm interested in because Chandler Massey plays Will very sympathetically--I'll be interested to see how the writers revise Will's cheating twice on Sonny.

• Love 8

Maybe the DiMeras have some sort of special scent that attracts Abigail. Stefan could have simply called and left a message or sent a text to her phone instead of paying a visit to her boudoir.

Lani, unless you pay a visit to the Sami Brady Paternity Lab, you will have to eventually tell JJ that he is not the biological father - if that is what you are planning to do. You have already told Kayla that you had a fling with someone else.

Kate finally has an equal in Vivian.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't want to get in trouble by putting a spoiler in here. Ron's contrivances with Horita are about to get worst.. Ron sucks at subtlety. 

If Ron wants Will to explore his sexuality and being single. Perhaps, Will should get a grinder account and do him.  I don't think that NBC has the balls to do that.. Will fixating on Paul is just going to put him in another monogamous relationship. 

If it’s the same spoiler that I just saw, I rolled my eyes so hard.  This whole story is just stupid.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

If it’s the same spoiler that I just saw, I rolled my eyes so hard.  This whole story is just stupid.

Oh, joy. So something to look forward to. ?

I had fairly high hopes for Ron, especially with Shari on the sidelines, but I'm enjoying the 2018 shows less than the fall ones. As usual, they are pushing the new character too much, too soon. He's only been on the show 2 weeks, and I'm starting to get tired of him already.

And I was hoping Gabi would sign with Eve, just to have her out of the Dimera circle. So, let me guess. Abby falls for Stefan, and Gabi "comforts" Chad.  Or Gabi falls for Stefan, and Abby gets jealous. Either way, I'm sure there'll be a triangle/quad involved. And eventually Chabby get back together, and Gabi is left in the cold again.

I am curious to see what's up with Steve. If I hadn't seen the "Lani is pregnant" spoiler, it would have been more interesting, what with both of them getting dizzy spells at the same time.  It better not be a brain tumor, and if it is they really better not be planning to kill him off.

• Love 3

Great choice there director, having the camera focus in on an extended close up of Sal's expressionless face.

LANI GO AWAY. NOT EVEN A PREGNANCY CAN MAKE YOU INTERESTING.

I wonder if Ron is having Brady steal Kristen's revenge plan from 2012 as a setup for her coming back and pointing out that he has become her.

I was doing so great with Anna right up until the point she pulled out the urn.

Okay now she wants Steve to hunt down Stefano and I'm back on board. And I was such a wackadoodle last year in Prague that I'm appreciating a little bit of closure on that storyline. I wonder how Ron is going to wrap up the Stefano thing. Hopefully much better than Dena did.

It's amazing how Eve, Brady, Chloe, Victor and everybody on this show are avoiding talking about Theresa as her sister moves into Brady's bed because she left him high and dry. Why is it that they can mention Sammy's name as many times as they want but not Theresa's?

I could easily take an entire episode of Eli yelling truth at Lani's face until she leaves the show.

Interested to see where JJ goes from here. Hopefully not to Black Patch.

The Kiriakis mansion looks beautiful with the new paint job, doesn't it?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, DisneyBoy said:

Great choice there director, having the camera focus in on an extended close up of Sal's expressionless face.

LANI GO AWAY. NOT EVEN A PREGNANCY CAN MAKE YIU INTERESTING.

I could easily take an entire episode of Eli yelling truth at Lani's face until she leaves the show.

The entire time Eli was talking to Lani and acting his face off, I kept yelling at the TV, "Emote, damn you EMOTE!!""  The actress is horrendous and there is something extremely distasteful in how the character handles her problems and I keep waiting for her to have some self-awareness that her and JJ's relationship began the same way her and Eli's have--by getting drunk and having sex.  How this chick has the temerity to blame their idiocy on Eli's admitting his feelings for her is beyond gross.

Anna carrying around Tony's ashes is fabulously loopy and I love how calmly Roman reacted to it :):)

• Love 3

I am going to be unpopular and say that I like Lani. The actress was pretty good on All My Children.  She rocked the material and it was pretty intense stuff.   I feel that the taping of so many episodes has an effect on the actors.  They are not allowed to do multiple reshoots and the actors are pretty much left on their own.. Rehearsal is very minimal... Even the vets on this show have come off as bad, at times.  I know that it is a pipe dream, but, I wish that the show would go back to taping 3 weeks in advance and doing multiple takes to get the best performances out of the actors.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

I am going to be unpopular and say that I like Lani. The actress was pretty good on All My Children.  She rocked the material and it was pretty intense stuff.   I feel that the taping of so many episodes has an effect on the actors.  They are not allowed to do multiple reshoots and the actors are pretty much left on their own.. Rehearsal is very minimal... Even the vets on this show have come off as bad, at times.  I now that it is a pipe dream, but, I wish that the show would go back to taping 3 weeks in advance and doing multiple takes to get the best performances out of the actors.

Yes to your post.  I agree, Sal was very good in the online AMC.  The pace of the remaining shows is brutal.

• Love 5

Roman must be really hard up for some action if he's willing to bone Anna while "Tony" watches from the nightstand.

Those who have been watching longer than I and know Anna's full history on this show - is her obsession with Stefano earned? Did he really hurt her more than some of the other characters on the show? Or did they just randomly assign a Stefano fixation to her because all the other characters had too many plotlines?

I could see Roman or Marlena or John being fixated on being completely certain Stefano is dead or punished...but Anna? Seems random to me.

Edited by DisneyBoy

I enjoyed today.  In fact, I liked all the characters on screen today. 

Even Hope. She's likable when she's away from Rafe. And I enjoyed the scenes with her and JJ.

Wonder what JJ will do with his life?

I don't hate Lani, like some posters do. But I kept wishing she'd just tell Eli about being pregnant. And, of course, JJ now knows, and will think it's his.  

I was pleased when Anna pulled out the urn, just because it would be too much of a change for her to be "sane" just a few months after Prague. I hope they keep up this Stefano hunt. I HATED that ending with Shane, so will be happy if they can fix it in a satisfying way.

It was nice seeing Chris Roman smile. The best thing the writers did was putting him in the pub. Still miss Caroline though.

Still not sure if Eve is aware of what Brady is doing or not. But I'll admit to now being more interested to see what comes of all this. But when Brady asked how much she heard, she replied "all of it". Since they were already arguing when she came in the house, how does she know she didn't miss some of it.

Still curious about Steve. 

So, was I not paying attention, or was there a bad editing segment with Lani and Eli.  At the beginning of the show, Lani was sitting down and Eli was at a desk.  Next scene they were entering an office. Did they get up to re-enter another office for the next scene? Or was that an editing blooper? Or am I just confused?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Roman must be really hard up for some action if he's willing to bone Anna while "Tony" watches from the nightstand.

Those who have been watching longer than I and know Anna's full history on this show - is her obsession with Stefano earned? Did he really hurt her more than some of the other characters on the show? Or did they just randomly assign a Stefano fixation to her because all the other characters had too many plotlines?

I could see Roman or Marlena or John being fixated on being completely certain Stefano is dead or punished...but Anna? Seems random to me.

It is definitely earned.  Anna and Stefano have a long complicated history.  I think Anna's fixation in this isn't just the past but the fact that she blames him for Tony's death.  In addition to the fact that Stefano was the one who put Tony on the island and kept them apart in the first place.  Also going back in history, Stefano would always threaten to take Carrie away from Tony and Anna as a way to try and keep them in line and under his thumb.  Even kidnapping Carrie once or twice. 

Side note: I hate the fact that Carrie has been all but erased as a member of the Dimera family.  She has so much history with Tony, Stefano, and Anna, watching from the 90's you would never know she was part of that family. 

With Tony around Anna tolerates Stefano but him being gone and blamed for Tony's death easily explains her wanting him hunted down. 

• Love 4

Sal Stowers is hit or miss for me as Lani a lot of the time, but there is something about her that won't let me just dismiss the character altogether. Kayla was wonderful with her. Reminds me how much I love Mary Beth in nurse/doctor mode.

• Love 8

People online are pointing out that in yesterday's show, Chad woke up clean shaven and yet when he went to to talk to John, he had a scruffy beard.  Billy Flynn said it's just part of the magic of Salem.

"It's nice to see you ... clothed."

Roman and Anna are cute.

And there's the loopy Anna we all know and love.

Jeez, Lani quit throwing around the vague references and tell Eli.

I wonder what they're going to do with JJ next.

Victor and Brady are good at make believe arguments.

• Love 6

Maybe 'Tony' can also double as a fancy water bottle. I like Anna, but surely the urn gets heavy after a while. She would go through a lot of handbags - all the weight would cause the straps to break.

Lani, you made a bad decision and you now have an unintended and probably unwanted consequence. Both you and Eli had a responsibility for some sort of birth control/way to prevent STDs. Both of you are old enough to know better. And hopping in to another man's bed two seconds after you see your 'ex' with another woman? Seriously? Jumping to Mexican jumping bean conclusions.

Eve and Brady? Well, when Theresa comes back the fangs may start scratching, although why either of the two would want him is besides me. Brady is good at setting up things with Victor, though.

Steve, tell Kayla that you are having sudden vision problems. Could simply just be a cataract or something.

I am also liking the brighter Kiriakis mansion. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Rowan said:

Sal Stowers is hit or miss for me as Lani a lot of the time, but there is something about her that won't let me just dismiss the character altogether. Kayla was wonderful with her. Reminds me how much I love Mary Beth in nurse/doctor mode.

it's too bad it's impossible to find a doctor in real life who is even half as caring. 

• Love 8

I think the reason I dislike Lani is that she puts up this facade of "tough female cop" but she is one of the weakest females on this show.  She cowered behind JJ when they were on the deserted island, she's supposed to be this great undercover agent but she drank a laced drink , she punked down when Raines started pushing her around--I could go on--now she's allowing JJ to prostrate himself, begging her forgiveness for not being there for her and she doesn't have the personal integrity or moral fortitude to tell him the truth.  I've seen teenagers react more maturely and she's supposed to be an adult woman in her 30's.  The woman is a waste of space--bring back characters that have actual history on the show.

And I seriously do not care how wonderful the actress was in a previous role--that means nothing to me because right now she's trying to portray a character on Days and doing a lousy job of it--at least in my opinion.

I'm also wondering if the show retconned Eve's past to where she was a prostitute for years as opposed to what actually happened, which is that she worked for Nick for a couple of months.  Julie once made a remark where Eve had all of those pimps and Vivian made it sound like Eve a long history as a professional.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, msrachelj said:

it's too bad it's impossible to find a doctor in real life who is even half as caring. 

Real life doctors don't give out their patients' medical details to anybody and everybody who happens along, though.

• Love 1

Abigail don't get her Stevie Nicks looking self own somewhere.  ? Who is she to talk about anyone's daddy in a negative light??  Considering what her daddy did to her aunt I wouldn't be talking. 

Lani is mess.  I would hate to be in her position right now.  She can very well have three people pissed at her if she choose to go through with this pregnancy.  Poor JJ has been through so much he might lose his marbles if the baby isn't his.  Eli doesn't want the secret to come out he bionked her and if it does he loses Gabi.  And Gabi, ooo, she will hate her for life.  She's in a no-win situation at the moment and she's about to bust!!!  ?

I'll be honest this was the first week in a long while I was whether bored.  Yet I can't complain too much since RC has given me some well written soapy goodness for the last 3 months or so.  Hopefully there is more of a pick up in next week's episodes. 

• Love 3

Why is Abigail dressed like a ghost?

Are we really going into the new CEO joking about sexual harassment?

Yeah, let's talk about our personal stuff right out there in public where anybody can hear it.  Especially since she's a cop, it was at the police station, and any perps and lawyers could have heard.

"You must be the Widow Kiriakis.  Your face is ravaged with grief."

Brady was actually strangling an old woman? She should have him arrested.

Hm. Stefan is also involved in the hacking.

• Love 4

Why couldn't the new character have been a good guy.  Remember Bo, Roman, Shane, Steve, John, Mike, Frankie, Austin, etc.  All good guys.  And we wanted them to "win the girl's heart".   Why would we want Stefan to win over Abby or Gabi, or whoever they pair him up with.  He's just a smug jerk. Yes, the show needs villains, but we need heroes too.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

Why couldn't the new character have been a good guy.  Remember Bo, Roman, Shane, Steve, John, Mike, Frankie, Austin, etc.  All good guys.  And we wanted them to "win the girl's heart".   Why would we want Stefan to win over Abby or Gabi, or whoever they pair him up with.  He's just a smug jerk. Yes, the show needs villains, but we need heroes too.

I think they felt a Stefano shaped hole.

• Love 4
On 1/10/2018 at 3:19 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Spoil me (we can go to the spoiler thread for it). I like to be prepared for the worst.

Edited by Garnett7

The Stephan/Abby scenes. Man, oh man. The actors were trying, but it's asking too much to sell that horrible dialogue. Gah, that shit was embarrassing.  

You're screwed, Lani. You just gave a recently suicidal man something to hope for. Damn, girl. 

I have less of an issue with Lani sleeping with Eli than I have with Eli sleeping with Lani. He's wrong here. He knows damn well Gabi would  probably end it with him if she knew. 

• Love 2