Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, boes said:

More talented co-stars??  Yeah?  Wasn't Cameron Mathison in one, the original Lord of the Douche?  

I'm no fan of GG, but at least he's not THAT bad.

Yeah far more talented, the last one Jordan Bridges (son of Bo Bridges) was pretty cute, playful and had chemistry with AS. And yeah even Cameron Mathison is less dull than GG, i never saw his work on soaps but on AS's hallmark tv movie serie he was good, not great but good with some life in him. GG is a block of wood, sadly for him. AS doesn't have to support this albatross..on one soap it was more than enough..actually even on one soap she did not deserve that.

Edited by pau

Do you guys really think that JJ is "killing it"? He just seems really low key. I'm not seeing any profound agony out of the performance...

Seeing the Sami scenes today makes me kind of wish that there had been more humor in Alison Sweeney's return. Obviously with Will coming back they had to go the high drama route, but I forgot how good she was at comedy.

The absurdity of Chad the CEO being interviewed by his mother-in-law the reporter in his own living room while his wife the press agent deflects her own Mother's questions isn't even cute or funny. It's just stupid. None of these people have offices!

Why is it Julie is written like the kind of cornball who thinks singing a song'll fix life's problems?

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Do you guys really think that JJ is "killing it"? He just seems really low key. I'm not seeing any profound agony out of the performance...

Personally? Yes. 

IMO it takes skill to act "less." He's hitting all the correct notes of severely depressed and

suicidal

. I have clinical depression. This is what lows can look like. I have to believe either Casey has experience with this or he's researched. It's dead on. 

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

Personally? Yes. 

IMO it takes skill to act "less." He's hitting all the correct notes of severely depressed and

Hide contents

suicidal

. I have clinical depression. This is what lows can look like. I have to believe either Casey has experience with this or he's researched. It's dead on. 

I agree, Casey is terrific.  I hope this is his Emmy reel, best acting I've seen on Days in a good while.

• Love 8

I also think JJ is showing a low level depressive vibe, like he's barely holding on, and the more people who show up to try and assuage his guilt, the more depressed and filled with self-loathing he gets.  I'm also loving how protective Gabis is of him because she knows what a good person he is and she doesn't want him to forget that.

Abs sure is a PR wonder woman isn't she?  Almost as awesome as her hard-hitting reporter mother.  How Chad kept a straight face is beyond me.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why is it Julie is written like the kind of cornball who thinks singing a song'll fix life's problems?

She comes off as a total dope.  And that's when she isn't being interfering, bossy or tone deaf.  Doug sure is paying for his sins...And paying and paying, and paying....

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

Where are all of those flowers coming from?  Did that many people know Theo?  Why?

Hope isn't a cop any more, she shouldn't be barging into policemen's offices.

Why didn't Sami just show the ring stuck to her finger, and tell Hope Rafe had shown it to her and she tried it on?

Oh, fuck you, Eli, you don't have a clue. And fuck you for being an asshole to Gabi.

• Love 5

I'm losing sympathy for Abe, bit by bit.  Grieving for what's happened to Theo is understandable, but his relentless blaming of everyone even remotely connected to JJ, or to the Dimeras is getting old.  Theo wasn't holding a gun, it's awful that he was shot, but this "he didn't deserve to be shot" thing is nonsense.  Of course he didn't deserve to be shot, he wasn't shot because JJ thought he deserved it, nobody thinks he deserved it.  

He was shot because he was breaking into a warehouse and raised his arm with what might have been a weapon in his hand.  JJ didn't know it was him, if he had, things would have turned out differently.  I didn't think Show would be able to do a storyline like this justice and it's not.

Abe on his best day tends towards pomposity.  Now he's neck deep not only in that, but in casting blame far and wide while somehow forgetting that Theo contributed to this whole mess by his own actions.

You can't have it both ways.

• Love 15

Abe's thinking is that it's lovable Theo! He couldn't possibly want to break in to a building. Sometimes terrible things happen to decent people. It's so easy to blame someone and the usual scapegoat is all things DiMera. Theo will need to take some responsibility for his own actions. Even though Kate suggested he go to the warehouse. She also needs to fess up. Sami, the Kate you knew and schemed with is perfectly capable of sending Theo to do some dirty work.

The ring thing was stupid. All Sami had to do was say that she wanted to try it on to see the sparkle and then it got stuck for a minute. Thought it was interesting that Daddy Hope was lecturing Rafe and he said that from this day forward he would honour Hope. Yep, last night didn't count. Julie looked like she was on her way to a luau.

Eric can relate to JJ, but he is in such a dark place right now. Time will help him.

Eli, your opinion is worthless. Lots of people have them and they don't mean diddly squat. You probably would have done the same thing.

• Love 5

Today was good. 

Brady has crossed the line from cad to total dick. Wow. Way to eff over your brother, dude.

Will/Sami was great.

Rope: I ignored it.

Eve/Gabi: hmm...they all want her idea. She should find someone else to invest in the company and not be assimilated into the Dimera/Kiriakis crap. Paul has money and he wouldn't add strings...and they work well together.

Sonny is an entitled douche. Serioulsy, Will is not chattel. He's a person. 

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

So Lucas got in a car accident and that's why he has scratches on his face? Did they completely not show us that or am I going crazy?

They didn't show the "accident" but the police called Sami after he was arrested for drunk driving and "rolling" his car. She got him to agree to go to rehab and called Maggie in to talk to him/arrange this.

Today's scenes with Marlena/Sami,Will/John, I thought, were spectacular.

I know they were all playing their characters, but during the goodbyes I really saw the actors emerge while engaging with  each other, something I have always loved to see when you have such a long history and these people truly get close and connected.

Chandler really was on the verge of a breakdown when he hugged Alison, I have always been on the fence about Will as a whole since he stopped being that cute baby and had all those varying "growth spurts" over the years, but the way Chandler and Alison get along, I find it very enjoyable and believable. It was all good stuff for Sami, from start to finish today, ending with her at Lucas' bedside.

Bryan is so skilled at playing a recovering addict, I always feel like he deserves kudos for that.

Brady really crossed a huge line in regards to Paul. Paul merely opened up to his brother, someone he should be able to trust, to be able to be honest with and not have it blow up in his face because  Brady's fragile ego just had to get in a cheap jab against his cousin.

Paul is just a really standup guy to me.

He had every right to go off on both Brady and Sonny, Brady for his betrayal and then Sonny for acting as if Paul was preying on Will like some evil villain trying to woe and seduce his "fair lady maiden" in a fairy-tale.

Paul should have told them both to go to hell and walked out. But of course, as usual, he just let them get away with their b.s. It's times like today when I wish the Paul of old, who was a little more cocky and self assured, would come back into play. Paul should not have to keep acting like a peace maker and pushover and readily available punishing bag  just because those around him behave poorly. I was happy to see though that he told Sonny off a little bit. But Brady got off way too easy, Paul even gave him the file on Eve after all of thar.

Sonny is really going downhill fast, imho.

How dare he show up to Will's safe space, the only one he has so far, and basically brand him on the spot as "his husband" and tell him that he "wants him back" as if that is somehow going to just fix everything, and Will won't care he has no memories or that he actually is just now able to find true freedom in being himself, after being forced for two years to hide and keep quiet.

Sonny is acting like a overly possessive, overbearing, selfish punk and if it sends Will running into the arms of Paul, he'll only have himself to blame.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

Sonny is an entitled douche. Serioulsy, Will is not chattel. He's a person. 

Sonny is reminding me a bit on how Roman acted with Marlena, when he came back to Salem and discovered that John had taken his place. Roman was more sympathetic  and just wanted his life back.. Sonny has always been a bit paternalistic when it came to Will.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, CPP83 said:

Paul is just a really standup guy to me.

He had every right to go off on both Brady and Sonny, Brady for his betrayal and then Sonny for acting as if Paul was preying on Will like some evil villain trying to woe and seduce his "fair lady maiden" in a fairy-tale.

Paul should have told them both to go to hell and walked out. But of course, as usual, he just let them get away with their b.s. It's times like today when I wish the Paul of old, who was a little more cocky and self assured, would come back into play. Paul should not have to keep acting like a peace maker and pushover and readily available punishing bag  just because those around him behave poorly. I was happy to see though that he told Sonny off a little bit. But Brady got off way too easy, Paul even gave him the file on Eve after all of thar.

Yeah, but that was false bravado...hiding his true nature, etc... I don't think that was the real Paul. I'd love him to grow a backbone. He doesn't have to be a dick to be assertive and tell people to stop fucking with him.

32 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sonny has always been a bit paternalistic when it came to Will.. 

To the point of it being borderline gross. Will was his baby gay and he groomed him. I didn't used to think that but in retrospect...ew. Yeah, he did kinda do that.

• Love 2

Jesus, Brady is full on dick.

Nice to see Sami hug John. I am so glad Sami and Will hugged at the end. And he called her Mom.

Paul needs to deal with Brady more than just letting him get away with his crap.

Ew.  Did we need to see Lucas puking?

Sonny's abruptness is getting to be annoying.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

Yeah, but that was false bravado...hiding his true nature, etc... I don't think that was the real Paul. I'd love him to grow a backbone. He doesn't have to be a dick to be assertive and tell people to stop fucking with him.

To the point of it being borderline gross. Will was his baby gay and he groomed him. I didn't used to think that but in retrospect...ew. Yeah, he did kinda do that.

I disagree with Sonny grooming Will. Predators groom their victims. Sonny never preyed on Will. Will chose to not explore his sexuality, after coming out. He made the choice, to not only date Sonny, but, also marry him. He also impregnated a girl. His choices are his alone. 

Sonny just wants his family back. He is just going about it the wrong way. Sami did the same thing last week. She was desperate to have her son back and did something that she deeply regrets.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, plurie said:

They didn't show the "accident" but the police called Sami after he was arrested for drunk driving and "rolling" his car. She got him to agree to go to rehab and called Maggie in to talk to him/arrange this.

Rolling as in the car flipped and did a triple and landed upside down?

I enjoyed literally everything else. Excited to see where a lot of the stories go.

I liked the Kayla smackdown Kate got, but other than that, I'm tired of this Theo storyline. Really am. Grim JJ is not a fun flavor for me, especially after all the months of guiltand frowning we got with Eric. And I honestly don't buy that Theo is so dumb and blindly loyal to just go and break into a building like that for Kate after being raised by cop/mayor Abe. Maybe if he was like 14 or something. But not at his current age. Nor do I buy JJ as shooting at someone so easily.

Spoiler

And knowing that Theo is about to leave, I'm really sad that we didn't really get to see anything new develop in his relationship with Kate. It felt like the few moments they shared prior to the shooting were just set-up for this. She and young Theo were so cute years ago - I'm sad that the writers didn't think of anything new to say about their dynamic once he grew up and had to deal with bigger challenges. It would have been interesting, for example, if Theo had turned to Kate with his girl troubles or to discuss his feelings about Abe dating Val...or the way Stefano framed Hope...something.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

I agree that Sonny is losing his damn mind when it comes to Will and it's kind of enjoyable--Sonny is now leaving all types of desperate messages on Will's phone and Will is just ignoring them because he doesn't want to deal with the drama and I don't blame him, not one little bit.  Sonny needs to back off or he will lose Will forever.

I LOVED Sami's tearful goodbyes to Marlena, John and Will and I especially loved John's hugging Sami and whispering that he's always on her side and then we got the gorgeous moment of Will's hugging Sami and calling her mom and Sami's sobbing in relief--LOVELY!!

I know Brady and Sonny are competing for a job but when did they become full own enemies?

I kind of want Gabi to work for Eve simply because I don't want her constantly running into Chad and having his and Abs marriage rubbed in her face.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

I can only speak for myself here, but I really enjoyed cocky/smug Paul, heh, Christopher just played that role so well. And personally I don't think that is a bad thing, in the right amounts for the right reasons. I thought that it made for a lot of good, hot, chemistry in his scenes with the others, such as Will (Guy), Derek, and even Sonny, when Freddie wasn't flinching.

I agree that Paul was putting on a brave front at times, but I do believe that he also has enough going for him that he could be cocky and confident, but not in a way to offend but just as a way to show that he isn't what they've now turned him into, imo, which is such a softie and frankly at times boring.

I think the show dialed back on that side of Paul because they wanted to make him more appealing to fans who were angry over his sleeping with Will and breaking up his relationship with Sonny, etc. I don't think that was necessary, not to this extent anyway. Making him a bit more humble was fine, but this guy who merely just takes so much abuse with a sad puppy dog look, as he did today, isn't working for me.

That's what I meant by having the "old" Paul back really, having back a guy who knew what he was worth and what, and who, he could get because he was good enough to. If that confidence returned I think Paul would be all the better for it, and it would again call on Christopher's full range which I think is one of the best on the show.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The ring thing was stupid. All Sami had to do was say that she wanted to try it on to see the sparkle and then it got stuck for a minute. 

I thought it was hilarious, though, that Sam gave it to Rafe in a snoty Kleenex.  lol

• Love 6

The ring will come back to haunt Rafe, once Will sees it on Hope's finger. Too easy to make up something simple, like Rafe pulled out his phone to show some photos of Arianna and the ring must have fallen out of his pocket.

Bye, Sami. Nice of you to bring a bag of gifts. Nice that Will called you 'mom'.

Both Kate and Eve interested in Gabi? Um, why. It's better for her to work with Eve so she doesn't have to see Chad much, well, until his marriage collapses again. Or just keep her own company and be a small fish for a bit longer.

Brady, this bad guy thing really isn't working well for you.

Paul, what happened to the hot, successfully, confident baseball player that you were? Sonny, you have no real claim to Will until he recovers his memories and decides if he wishes to carry on having a life with you. Give him some space and time.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I LOVED Sami's tearful goodbyes to Marlena, John and Will and I especially loved John's hugging Sami and whispering that he's always on her side and then we got the gorgeous moment of Will's hugging Sami and calling her mom and Sami's sobbing in relief--LOVELY!!

I know Brady and Sonny are competing for a job but when did they become full own enemies?

I kind of want Gabi to work for Eve simply because I don't want her constantly running into Chad and having his and Abs marriage rubbed in her face.

I loved Sami's goodbye scenes, too.  Those were classic soap at it's finest, tugging on the heartstrings in all the right ways.  I'm going to miss Sami in general, a lot.  Everytime she comes back it just reminds me of how much she brought/brings to the table.  But, Show is also going on pretty well without her, something I wasn't sure was possible.

I agree about Gabi, either working with Eve or staying on her own for a while.  Chad is a dead end I'm not interested in seeing Gabi wasted there again.  I did think Gabi was a bit too distant or leery with Eve than their previous relationship warranted.  Whatever Deimos did, Eve wasn't part of it.  I wish Paige was still an option but we do need a break from back-from-dead.  A long one.

Isn't Brady just a poisonous little snake, tossing Paul under the bus, as Paul said so well, and then smirking about it while he watched the brother he says he cares about have to deal with Sonny.  He's such a jerk, but that's pretty much a constant with that hairless, plucked and waxed diva.  Brady is one of those people who has a very high opinion of himself, unfortunately not backed up by the facts.

Victor ought to sell off Titan if the only people he can get to run it are Brady or Sonny.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Rolling as in the car flipped and did a triple and landed upside down?

I assume so. They didn't say anything more about the "accident," so we're left imagining what happened (it's cheaper than showing it!).

• Love 2
6 hours ago, boes said:

Isn't Brady just a poisonous little snake, tossing Paul under the bus, as Paul said so well, and then smirking about it while he watched the brother he says he cares about have to deal with Sonny.  He's such a jerk, but that's pretty much a constant with that hairless, plucked and waxed diva.  Brady is one of those people who has a very high opinion of himself, unfortunately not backed up by the facts.

I could not agree with you more. It was downright loathsome to see how causally and nonchalantly he told Sonny about Paul's kiss with Will, and then of course he made it seem like Will and Paul practically had a hot, steamy make-out session (if only) with wild abandon. Brady lit the fuse to that piece of dynamite and then sat back and enjoyed the show, watching Sonny viciously lash out at Paul.

And then his halfhearted so called "apology" to Paul afterwards was just pathetic, imo. Paul should have turned on his heels and walked out, telling Brady to do his own dirty detective work next time.

Brady has always been one of those characters for me that the less I see/hear of him the better, regardless of who has played him over the years. To me he's just always been grossly spoiled and catered to, always getting away with so much with so few consequences for his awful actions, and his ego is the size of Victor's retirement fund.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, CPP83 said:

I could not agree with you more. It was downright loathsome to see how causally and nonchalantly he told Sonny about Paul's kiss with Will, and then of course he made it seem like Will and Paul practically had a hot, steamy make-out session (if only) with wild abandon. Brady lit the fuse to that piece of dynamite and then sat back and enjoyed the show, watching Sonny viciously lash out at Paul.

And then his halfhearted so called "apology" to Paul afterwards was just pathetic, imo. Paul should have turned on his heels and walked out, telling Brady to do his own dirty detective work next time.

Brady has always been one of those characters for me that the less I see/hear of him the better, regardless of who has played him over the years. To me he's just always been grossly spoiled and catered to, always getting away with so much with so few consequences for his awful actions, and his ego is the size of Victor's retirement fund.

I know that Brady is hated on this board. I will always have a soft spot for Isabella's little boy.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I'm fine with Brady being a jackass, if for no other reason than it seems like Eric Martsolf is best suited for playing this flavor of Brady than any of the others.  Most of the time I think EM is there simply for the paycheck.  

Great stuff with Sami, Marlena, John, Will and Lucas.  All that would have made it better would have been if Marlena said, "I love you, Samantha Jean!"  I can't believe how much this show has made my eyes water over the past couple weeks.  Now I'll have to go back to missing Sami.  

• Love 4

Today was an awesome episode with a couple of exceptions:

Loved the call out to KdP's former soap roles--apparently Eve, using alias' named Chelsea and Blair respectively, bilked old men out of their money :)  I also liked Eve's taunting Brady about his drinking--these two fight dirty--YIKES!!

The Will/Sonny scenes were just gut-wrenching--while apart of me feels bad for Sonny because he loves Will and wants to renew their romance, Will is realizing that he is gay single man and he wants to explore his options regarding men and his new life.  As far as Will is concerned, their relationship is done and it's time for them both to move on.  I can't say I blame him because he doesn't remember his and Sonny's love and he just wants to live his life now.  

I did like Sami hanging out with her dad and her brother but what is up with the Ciara propping?  I mean, the rebels and badasses I know don't sit around complaining about their moms and they don't roll their eyes and act like entitled bitches when things don't go their way.  

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, lilly6 said:

Today was the first time that Freddie Smith's acting has remotely worked for me since his return. 

And damn, but those two are pretty.  Maybe I was distracted.

I still don't see an iota of talent there. Never have. Especially in his "winning" Emmy reel. Chemistry? Maybe...but barely.

1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The Will/Sonny scenes were just gut-wrenching--while apart of me feels bad for Sonny because he loves Will and wants to renew their romance, Will is realizing that he is gay single man and he wants to explore his options regarding men and his new life.  As far as Will is concerned, their relationship is done and it's time for them both to move on.  I can't say I blame him because he doesn't remember his and Sonny's love and he just wants to live his life now.  

I didn't have any feels about WilSon today. Sonny was outright a bully. 

Will: Let's take it slow

Sonny: Great, move in to the mansion with me

The Universe: Um, that's not taking it slow.

I very much want Will to date and have experiences before he chooses a relationship. He's still young. He needs to get out there. He was very right in saying that and it was one of the things that always bugged me during WilSon v1.0. He was too inexperienced. He went from girls to the closet to kissing Brent to Sonny.

• Love 4

I really dislike Sonny.  He was so cold when he broke up with Paul.  See zero chemistry with Will.  Loved when Brady told sonny that will just isn’t that into you.  

Brady needs to learn when to hold his cards.  

Oh and I love Eric   

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I know that Brady is hated on this board. I will always have a soft spot for Isabella's little boy.  

Me too.  And for the slightly older version during the Belle / Shawn teen years, when Chloe had the crush on Brady.  

• Love 3

The "moving into the mansion" bit is silly and contrived and destined for doom. 

But wow, I had forgotten what chemistry those two had together.  Maybe that's what made Freddie's acting work for me.

• Love 3

Did Ciara hear Rafe and Sami and knows their little secret?

I was wondering if the two names that Brady gave out were the actress who plays Eve other known roles. Wasn't sure.

At least she has the ability to deal with him.

Sonny, give Will some time and space. Let him have his own life for a bit. Love is unconditional. You can love Will without expecting a relationship with him.  Love him. It's not about your need. Maybe it's the Universe telling you to step on the brake - let the man get to know who he is before committing to you. It will just end badly - again. I don't know if a lot of soaps have the money to let their characters 'date'. Maybe off-screen. With tight budgets there is no room for 'cast'.

• Love 3

I love when shows reference other characters actors have played, like today with Eve and KdP. Years ago when Terry Lester first started as Mason Capwell on SB (I think he had amnesia) he said that his name was Jack Davies, the first name of his character on Y&R and the last name of the former actor in the role. and when A Martinez started on LA Law and someone asked where he'd been practicing before he said "oh, up near Santa Barbara." there was another good A moment when he started on GH, maybe a Castillo reference, but I can't remember it specifically. anyone have any other faves?

• Love 6
8 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

I still don't see an iota of talent there. Never have. Especially in his "winning" Emmy reel. Chemistry? Maybe...but barely.

Let me pull up a chair to this table. I have never seen anything from Freddie that impresses me personally. To me he's always just been average, on a good day, and I would much rather have other, better, actors in focus than all this love that the show lavishes on Sonny. I find both the character and actor overrated by quite a bit.

I didn't have any feels about WilSon today. Sonny was outright a bully. 

Are you reading my mind? heh. I thought the exact same thing throughout their scenes today. 

I thought Chandler giggled after the kiss because it's been a long time since he and Freddie had to kiss each other. Also, that kid always seems to be in a permanent state of either smirking or laughing most of the time anyway. Overall, in my eyes, the kiss just wasn't sexy or romantic, it just seemed like the actors almost had a laughing fit and quickly had to get back into character and play it off like this "spark" had just happened.

Sonny was so pushy, I agree, a bully really, just pressing Will to give in to what he wanted and even the kiss was just an extension of that. That he was going to make Will see the light and come back to him, and Will wasn't exactly going to get away from the situation unless he finally relented, which is what ultimately happened.

And really? Will moving into the mansion is necessary why? Why not offer to help him get his own place? Or maybe look for a job? Why not do more to show Will that regardless if he regains his memory that he can and will still have a life, and he will be settled regardless of what happens in the future.

I very much want Will to date and have experiences before he chooses a relationship. He's still young. He needs to get out there. He was very right in saying that and it was one of the things that always bugged me during WilSon v1.0. He was too inexperienced. He went from girls to the closet to kissing Brent to Sonny.

This, all the way. I was not pleased when they decided to make Will and Sonny a "forever" couple without much, if any, contest way back in the day, and I do not wish to see that happen again.

It's boring and predictable, to me, and also isn't very engaging. Will is young, attractive, and actually lacks quite a bit of experience overall as you mentioned. Why can't he just have some human experiences on his own, sans Sonny? It's not as if someone's biological clock is ticking in this scenario, so why the rush?

Personally I would like to see the show bring on another actor or two to play romantic foils, not just for Will but Paul as well.

There is a lot that could be done with this threesome that expands on their social circles, on their love lives, and on their connections with one another. It'd just be nice to see some real effort and vision put in to this, instead of the same old same of Will playing hard to get, Paul being the  jilted ex, and Sonny as the leading man who gets his guy in the  end, blah blah.

• Love 3

You are so right. Someone else pointed out that Paul doesn't have any friends and after all the years he's been on the show that's kind of telling. There needs to be more development done with each of the three gays. At least Sonny has lots of familial connections and friendships to tell stories with. Paul is in a corner. Either Will or Sonny are going to cheat again if they're thrown back into a committed relationship. 

Did they build a new part of the park? That area that Sami was standing in front of looked new to me.

I am completely irritated by the way they've thrown some decorations on the sets and are playing Christmas music over all of the scenes while green plants are everywhere around these characters, none of whom are wearing winter coats. Is a little bit of snowfall too much to ask for? Maybe some scarves? Putting really hot coffee in the cups that the characters hold so that it looks like they're steaming?

It looks like Christmas in Florida. Depressing. When was the last real snowfall in Salem on this show?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

It was pure pleasure watching Eve puncture Brady's threat and even more watching her mock his fake self-righteousness by waving a drink under his nose while making him question Victor's loyalty.  Brady is a middle-aged brat in severe need of a come-to-Jesus moment.  Or a spanking......but I'm afraid he might enjoy that.

I'm glad Will is alive, very glad.  But......why why WHY didn't Massey take an acting lesson or two, or ten before he came back??  That constant grin, no matter the circumstance makes me wish someone would give him a wedgie.  

• Love 11
17 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Today was an awesome episode with a couple of exceptions:

Loved the call out to KdP's former soap roles--apparently Eve, using alias' named Chelsea and Blair respectively, bilked old men out of their money :)  I also liked Eve's taunting Brady about his drinking--these two fight dirty--YIKES!!

I did like Sami hanging out with her dad and her brother but what is up with the Ciara propping?  I mean, the rebels and badasses I know don't sit around complaining about their moms and they don't roll their eyes and act like entitled bitches when things don't go their way.  

poor little rich girl trying to act tough. i don't like this ciara. i hope they figure her out soon. she looks like she should be chloes daughter. and dear god, these writers have never been around a motorcycle or bikers before. you do not just hope on bike and are able to ride. hope to rafe: do you know how to ride a motorcycle? while just assuming he will get on and do fine and bring it back home. in one piece. the bike . or him. yeah, right. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I'm fine with Brady being a jackass, if for no other reason than it seems like Eric Martsolf is best suited for playing this flavor of Brady than any of the others.  Most of the time I think EM is there simply for the paycheck.  

This. I think EM is great playing Brady as an outright asshole and he seems like he has a blast doing it, which I enjoy.

20 hours ago, lilly6 said:

Today was the first time that Freddie Smith's acting has remotely worked for me since his return. 

And damn, but those two are pretty.  Maybe I was distracted.

Also this.

19 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I think New Ciara kind of looks like the first teen Hope, who was played by Tammy Taylor in 1981.

Wow, she really does.

9 hours ago, boes said:

That constant grin [on CM], no matter the circumstance makes me wish someone would give him a wedgie.  

I agree. I hate that grin. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, boes said:

I'm glad Will is alive, very glad.  But......why why WHY didn't Massey take an acting lesson or two, or ten before he came back??  That constant grin, no matter the circumstance makes me wish someone would give him a wedgie.  

Preach it. I really don't understand why the show seems to ignore that habit and they haven't encouraged him to do it less, and be more aware of his facial expressions in general.

There's nothing wrong with having a little quirk, but it can really prove distracting and annoying when the scene calls for more nuance and subtlety. His reaction after kissing Freddie yesterday was really jarring, imho. It just didn't fit. He was almost crying and laughing all at the same time while smirking, a three-peat of sorts.

And then it appeared he triggered Freddie to start laughing as they struggled to get through the scene and I was totally taken out of the moment. I didn't see a couple reigniting their forever love bond, it looked like two dudes cutting up and I half expected to hear someone yell "cut!" so they could retake the scene and get it right.

I think that's why I was far more encouraged during his scenes with Christopher, because it seemed that Will wasn't as jittery. There was no nervous laugh or giggle after he kissed Chris, though he did paw at him awkwardly. But he kept in character better that time.

My hope is that if Chandler can spend more time around Christopher perhaps then some things will rub off on him and he'll grow and improve more.

• Love 3

I can't explain how hard I rolled my eyes when Ron wrote the whole "Chelsea"/"Blair" reference. Blair is my all time fav soap character and I DESPISED this. Typical Ron bullshit. So what - Chelsea and Blair weren't even their own characters? They were just aliases of Eve?! FUCK that SHIT.

Edited by BF4L
  • Love 2

I can't believe I'm about to write this, but I think the new chick playing Ciara is even more unpleasant then Mansi's Abby.  Ciara was frothing at the mouth at what a selfish bitch Claire is and that she always needs a bunch of men following her around. but hasn't it been Ciara who went from liking Theo, to liking Chad, to liking Theo again and then when he was unavailable, decided to buy Wyatt's line of bs.  Meanwhile, Claire's only liked Theo.  OMG Ciara, you are so spot on--in describing yourself.

And for just one second, it looked like Tripp was getting through to Ciara, that she was letting her anger get the best of her, but when she realized that he had the audacity to be thinking of making things easier for Claire and that he wasn't falling to his knees to talk about how awesome Ciara was, she instantly turned back into an entitled psycho bitch.

So now Kate's been exposed and Chad knows the truth?

Should Abe have been there when Rafe read the report from IA?  Shouldn't JJ have had a lawyer with him?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BF4L said:

I can't explain how hard I rolled my eyes when Ron wrote the whole "Chelsea"/"Blair" reference. Blair is my all time fav soap character and I DESPISED this. Typical Ron bullshit. So what - Chelsea and Blair weren't even their own characters? They were just aliases of Eve?! FUCK that SHIT.

Wasn't that just a 'wink, wink' joke to all of Kassie's fans out there, not a rewrite of other soap characters she's played?  That's how I heard it, anyway.

• Love 17