Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I'm here for Angry Chad. Not here for mopey, begging Chad ever again. Yes Abigail, Your husband has been trying to get you back but you took his child from the house and left a note. Please answer the phone when he calls. You could have at least texted him.  I'm thinking if Chad really pushed for custody of Thomas he'd probably win. Using Abigail's leaving a mental institution, violent tendencies and faking her death against her. We won't see that though. 

Possibly another rape? Really Days? Just can't have any story during the year without one can we? 

• Love 3

Can someone actually clarify for me the JJ/Lani intimate night.  My understanding is that both were drunk and slept with each other and Lani was the only one to actually remember the night after she woke up but JJ didn't?

I'm confused by the "Lani raped JJ" accusations?  Is the theory that Lani wasn't drunk like JJ and she was sober when she slept with him?  I have been confused.  My understanding was that two drunk former co-workers were partying, both got drunk and had sex, just one remembered after the fact.

• Love 2

Somebody needs to tell Tripp that Joey slept with Ava just to see his mind blown.

How long has Abigail lived at the DiMansion?  Doesn't she know you can't walk in the front door and quietly say, "Chad"? and expect to be heard?

Why did Abigail need to leave a note instead of just having the babysitter tell Chad?

Uhoh.  Jade has gone craycray.

Show missed an opportunity, when Lucas was talking about Adrienne going off to see her kids, he could have mentioned his dead son, and the fact that he has no idea where his daughter is.

Why did Abigail come back to the house without Thomas?

Ah, there's good ol' bitchy Jennifer.

Why is Lani lying to JJ about Snake?

Good for Chad not being a doormat.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Can someone actually clarify for me the JJ/Lani intimate night.  My understanding is that both were drunk and slept with each other and Lani was the only one to actually remember the night after she woke up but JJ didn't?

I'm confused by the "Lani raped JJ" accusations?  Is the theory that Lani wasn't drunk like JJ and she was sober when she slept with him?  I have been confused.  My understanding was that two drunk former co-workers were partying, both got drunk and had sex, just one remembered after the fact.

That's how it was presented, as two drunk co-workers having sex, not as rape. Lani's nose was out of joint because she was annoyed that JJ didn't remember it was her.  JJ never said or indicated that he felt taken advantage of.  He was ashamed of himself for getting loaded and then getting laid.

Lani didn't rape JJ, don't know where that is coming from.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

(I'm not hoping that Lani was raped mind you. In all honesty I ignored her scenes in today's episode.)

She wasn't raped.  Kayla ran a rape kit on her and determined that she hadn't been.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, boes said:

That's how it was presented, as two drunk co-workers having sex, not as rape. Lani's nose was out of joint because she was annoyed that JJ didn't remember it was her.  JJ never said or indicated that he felt taken advantage of.  He was ashamed of himself for getting loaded and then getting laid.

Thank you boes.  I kept hearing the "Lani raped/took advantage of JJ" and thought I had missed some part of the story.

• Love 1

Jennifer, why is it your business if Lucas talks to Anne or shares some French fries and laughs with her? He's probably close to 40 or so and can talk to any woman he likes or have coffee with her, etc. Go find Father Eric.  Ugh.

Good for JJ taking Lani to the hospital to get checked out. Not good that Lani did not tell him about Snake.

Steve, stop giving Jade mixed signals. Yeah, you want her out of your son's life but taking her shopping is not the thing to do.

And Jade, good luck with living with Tripp. Maybe for a couple weeks til you can make some plans for your own life.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Jennifer, why is it your business if Lucas talks to Anne or shares some French fries and laughs with her? He's probably close to 40 or so and can talk to any woman he likes or have coffee with her, etc. Go find Father Eric.  Ugh.

Good for JJ taking Lani to the hospital to get checked out. Not good that Lani did not tell him about Snake.

Steve, stop giving Jade mixed signals. Yeah, you want her out of your son's life but taking her shopping is not the thing to do.

And Jade, good luck with living with Tripp. Maybe for a couple weeks til you can make some plans for your own life.

Especially considered Jennifer knowingly got into a relationship with Dan after his part in breaking up Lucas and Chloe.  She knew Lucas was justified in hating Dan when she got involved with him.

• Love 1

I'm glad Lani did not get raped. Honestly I'm completely checked out of her as a character and not really paying strict attention.

I remain skeeved out by what went down between Lani and JJ. Maybe they were both completely willing and completely intoxicated, but they are also both supposed to be police officers able to detect when someone is heavily heavily drunk. JJ was searching for his presumed dead sister and dealing with a lot of grief. Lani as far as I can recall was not someone who had much contact with him at the station. Let us not forget the last time she must have only been working in Salem six months earlier and I don't think they ever had scenes together. Although considering Jennifer's claims that Abigail went missing for a year today maybe Lani was also absent from Salem for a year? In any case, she didn't know him well. Her running into JJ and not being able to detect that something was very off with him suggests she was either very one-track minded or completely indifferent or so royally intoxicated that she managed to keep pace with a grief-stricken guy. Or just a crap cop.

Bottom line: she shouldn't have slept with him. I don't see what her excuse possibly could have been and for her to come back to Salem with a bad attitude because he didn't remember it suggests she's way too hung up on her one night stands.

Last year they were starting a storyline where Lani would push Belle out of Shawn's life so that she could have Shawn all to herself. Now we have Lani getting pissy with a JJ to almost guilt him into remembering her/taking her out and him losing Gabi. I'm not really sure how she's much different from Jade in the way she pushes and pushes...

Mostly I hate that the producers have twice now given Lani only one motivation - some desire to get with a co-worker. Plus the actress is weak.

And I'm also annoyed with how the newer members of the cast seem to get more screen time (probably because they are cheaper than the veterans) and so every new long-lost sibling or child we meet seems poised to eat the show regardless of how interesting they actually are.

... I really can't wait for things to change. I hope they do. It was bizarre seeing Kate and Lucas briefly share a scene today. They're supposed to be related! I almost forgot. But please, back to Tripp and Lani...they're the reasons I tune in.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

It is totally laughable that Abigail is being presented by Kate as Chad's conscience. Abigail is a twit and a self-serving one at that. The show can never make me forget that, no matter how politely Marci Miller plays this character.

Amen. She is a manipulator, a cheater, a liar and a fake. She FAKED her death. She is mentally unstable. It would be so easy for Chad to get custody. And to just take the kid from the house like that? WTF? Is she insane? Yes. Yes, she is.

12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

This. So much this. Yes, Anne's motives aren't pure but so far Lucas hasn't taken the bait. they're friends. they're eating lunch and enjoying each others' company AS FRIENDS. Unless you're in Mike Pence's insano cult religion where you can't be near other women alone, this is perfectly fine.

Jennifer grates my nerves...sanctimony isn't appealing on anyone. She's just the worst at it.

• Love 3

So Lani is the only young female officer in the Salem PD qualified to go under cover?  They seriously need better recruitment because Lani is a crappy cop--what female, in a world where date rape drugs exist, world take a drink from a opened bottle?  And from a man with the first name of Snake?  :):) Seriously, I get that we're supposed to think she's super tough and a great cop who gets the job done but she looks like an inexperienced moron who takes fool hardy risks.  And I also don't like her whole persona when it comes to her partners and her romantic life--I remember how she pressured Shawn D into having sex with her and how her and JJ got together is also pretty sketchy.  She just feels like a woman desperate for attention and that makes her obnoxious as all get out.

I kind of loved how they were still patrons sitting at their tables while Kayla performed life-saving surgery on Roman at the Brady Pub--man, if I saw someone about to get cut open in my favorite eatery, I would be running out the front door and calling emergency services--I would not still be enjoying my burger and fries :):)

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I think he's pushing 50, actually...  Bryan Dattilo is 45 in real life, and that's a logical age for Lucas as well.  We'll ignore the fact that his on-screen mother is only 64...

13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm glad Lani did not get raped. Honestly I'm completely checked out of her as a character and not really paying strict attention.

Last year they were starting a storyline where Lani would push Belle out of Shawn's life so that she could have Shawn all to herself. Now we have Lani getting pissy with a JJ to almost guilt him into remembering her/taking her out and him losing Gabi. I'm not really sure how she's much different from Jade in the way she pushes and pushes...

Mostly I hate that the producers have twice now given Lani only one motivation - some desire to get with a co-worker. Plus the actress is weak.

I totally agree.  The character of Lani is awful and has been written even worse.  She's actually had the same motivation thrice - don't forget that she set her sights on Rafe first, then Shawn, then JJ.  I was happy when she went back to Miami; she needs to stay there.

• Love 1

How does the mayor (Abe) have the authority to tell the police department which cops do and do not do certain jobs?

Er.  How does Brady think that deleting people's phone number from your phone means that they can't call you?

Julie can sometimes be a little strange?

No, Brady, you did not legally buy the hardware store, if your name is not legally Freddie Smith.  (I love that's the name they're going with)

1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Yeah, 45 is about right for Lucas. 

Wasn't he a teenager when Will was born?  That would put Will at about 26/27, which doesn't seem right.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Wasn't he a teenager when Will was born?  That would put Will at about 26/27, which doesn't seem right.

I don't recall Lucas being a teenager.  I think Sami may have been, but Lucas was older?  

Will was born in 1995, so he'd be about 21/22, and I also think he was SORAS'd, so Will could easily be 26/27.  (Guy Wilson is 31, Chandler Massey is 26.)  Before he died, he was out of college and working as a writer, so yeah - all that makes sense.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

How does the mayor (Abe) have the authority to tell the police department which cops do and do not do certain jobs?

Er.  How does Brady think that deleting people's phone number from your phone means that they can't call you?

No, Brady, you did not legally buy the hardware store, if your name is not legally Freddie Smith.  (I love that's the name they're going with)

Wonderful, wonderful post, Silver Raven!  

Abe can tell everyone what to do because he wears THE COAT OF JUSTICE.  I think he left his crown at Burger King, but as long he's got the coat...

Brady probably also wonders where people go when he closes his eyes.......Victor is right about one thing, he IS his idiot grandson.

Julie lives in her own world.....if only that world was in a galaxy far, far, away....

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Lucas is actually a couple of years older than Sami.  Between Will's actual age and the slight SORASING he had he would be about 25/26 now. Making Lucas about 44 years old and Sami 41/42.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:21 PM, DisneyBoy said:

A weak actress, and a weak model (yet she somehow won ANTM9 despite being ordinary-looking, at best).  Not surprised.

But seriously, I don't think she has that same desire now.  They seem to be writing her with actual goals and some agency now, what with her wanting to solve this new case she has, even if it ends up being on her own.  I just wish she were a stronger actress so I could actually care.

On the other hand, at least they're actually giving more storylines to some of the black characters -- Lani, Eli, Abe, Valerie, and Theo.  Yay to the show for getting back to diversity.

I was impressed that they tried some new character combinations today.  Steve/J.J., Kayla/Tripp, Valerie/Gabi, Eli/J.J., and Abe/Gabi?  Nice to see some community being demonstrated.

Edited by Nalan
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I assumed he was 41-44.  A little older than Sami who'd be 38-40 by now.

Abe, as Mayor, really has no ability to determine which police officer does what. That is up to the Chief of Police.

Lani, you really do need some back-up. This sort of undercover work is simply not done alone.

Brady bought a hardware store? Why? And if he bought it under the name 'Freddie Smith' it probably isn't legal unless he is using a shell company.

Nice work by Kayla to save Roman's life and that Tripp got over himself to get a clue who Kayla is. Yes, he has been lied to and eventually Joey's culpability will be brought out.

• Love 2
On 4/27/2017 at 7:39 AM, boes said:

I think it stems from the fact that one of them got blackout drunk and woke up naked with no memory of the night before. If it had been Lani in that position, people would be calling for JJ to be crucified as a rapist. Instead we got the narrative that Lani was his victim whom he had wronged by having sex with her while drunk and not remembering it afterwards.

That left a bad taste in my mouth. Lani had not been portrayed favorably prior to that either (see her pursuit of Shawn-Douglas), so it was not a leap to assume she would take advantage of a drunken JJ.

Of course, it's a sign of Dena Higley's return to the helm that JJ is now raking himself over the coals and trying to romance Lani.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Aymery said:

I think it stems from the fact that one of them got blackout drunk and woke up naked with no memory of the night before. If it had been Lani in that position, people would be calling for JJ to be crucified as a rapist. Instead we got the narrative that Lani was his victim whom he had wronged by having sex with her while drunk and not remembering it afterwards.

That left a bad taste in my mouth. Lani had not been portrayed favorably prior to that either (see her pursuit of Shawn-Douglas), so it was not a leap to assume she would take advantage of a drunken JJ.

Of course, it's a sign of Dena Higley's return to the helm that JJ is now raking himself over the coals and trying to romance Lani.

I agree Lani has come off as a desperate, sort of unpleasant person in many of her non-family interactions.  And I suppose you're right about if the situation had been reversed, but I wouldn't have been one of them.  

Hell, drunk consensual sex is the reason a good portion of the human race exists.  And that old chestnut, "I don't remember what happened last night" is right up there with "the check is in the mail".

Edited by boes
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, JBC344 said:

16 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I don't recall Lucas being a teenager.  I think Sami may have been, but Lucas was older?  

Will was born in 1995, so he'd be about 21/22, and I also think he was SORAS'd, so Will could easily be 26/27.  (Guy Wilson is 31, Chandler Massey is 26.)  Before he died, he was out of college and working as a writer, so yeah - all that makes sense.

Sami was 16 and Lucas was close to that. He was in military school when he came on, right? so even if he was 18 when Will was born, (Will would be 22 this year,  they only SORASed him about a year during the Chandler years...so maybe 23/24), Lucas would be 40-42 now. Even if he was 20 when Will was born he'd only be 42-44. 

48 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

Sami was 16 and Lucas was close to that. He was in military school when he came on, right? so even if he was 18 when Will was born, (Will would be 22 this year,  they only SORASed him about a year during the Chandler years...so maybe 23/24), Lucas would be 40-42 now. Even if he was 20 when Will was born he'd only be 42-44. 

Will was SORASed at least 3 years, if not 4.  He was born in November 1995 but considered 9 years old in 2002 and 16 in 2009 when Dylan Patton took on the role.  (I'm getting this all from Wikipedia, but it also makes sense with my recollection.)  Will was killed in October 2015; if he hadn't been SORASed, he'd have only been 19 at this death.  That doesn't make sense... he was out of college, working, and married at only 19?  He was at least 23/24 when he died, which adds up in my opinion.  

What that makes Lucas, I don't know, but I'm still thinking that Lucas is approximately the actor's real life age.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

I thought Lucas was Carrie's age... that he knew her prior and showed up in town hot for her? It's been a while and my memory is failing me on this.

I also think Lucas is around 45 but it's tough to keep track of anyone's age really because of all the SORASing. I mean, Claire is 18 now, and Belle had Claire when in her 20s while Sami was in her early teens when Belle was born. 

• Love 2

I tuned in today for Xander's return and hoo boy....after not having watched many scenes of Brady and Nicole these last few weeks (to preserve my own sanity) I was unprepared for just how crappy their dialogue would be. Nicole - dangerous volatile Nicole Walker - just stands around saying "what have you done" like a plank of wood after Brady is shot in Dan's heart? And then keeps asking "who are you?" just to prompt him to take off his mask? Cheese. And not in a good way.

I'm so glad I've been skipping the storyline. Sadly not even Xander's appearance excites me that much because I doubt things will improve. Nicole has just become so useless.

Has she even had a single scene where she just sits with her daughter happily feeding her from a bottle or something? Its really bizarre that after all of these years of Nicole being unable to have a child, she finally has one and the show doesn't even seem to care about it. Her running away from Deimos and hooking up with Brady and even her moronic neighbors seem to be more the focus of the show right now then her actual miracle child.

It also occurred to me while watching Brady and Nicole snuggle in bed that this storyline could have been half entertaining if they had at least done a bit of location shooting. Any of you Another World fans remember Vicky and Ryan up in Canada walking through the snow and falling in love? (Of course you do!) I realize this show shoots in LA but if they had hopped into a van, driven for a few hours and found a snowy field to walk through for five minutes, it might have actually made this story somewhat romantic.

Today, Nicole talked about how her life was finally coming together perfectly...but you would never know it because of the crazy neighbor subplot and the show's general disinterest in developing anything these days. With a couple of scenes of her snuggling with Holly next to a warm fire and Nicole and Brady chopping down wood outside or something, this might've actually felt like a worthwhile detour.

Is the show really so broke at this point that they can't afford some fake snow?

It's warm enough now that there wouldn't need to be any, but I just feel if Dena was going to finally have Nicole and Brady get together she could have at least given the whole thing some atmosphere. I mean she's been wanting to do this for over a year - a little effort please?

Sad to see that actor from ER (he played Sam Taggart's crazy ex-boyfriend) doing a one day gig on DAYS. Times are tough.

Xander?  Seriously?!  What, he escaped prison, crossed the border to Canada and found them in their little Manitoba cabin?

He escaped from prison last fall with Clyde Weston and Orpheus. Orpheus died (multiple times) and Clyde was returned to prison. Deimos pretended Xander died but secretly shipped him off to Greece, thereby fulfilling Xander's ultimate desire to have acceptance within the family while also ensuring himself an ace up his sleeve. Deimos probably sent Xander to Canada to find her, since everyone seemed to know she'd fled there.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

I thought Lucas was Carrie's age... that he knew her prior and showed up in town hot for her? It's been a while and my memory is failing me on this.

I also think Lucas is around 45 but it's tough to keep track of anyone's age really because of all the SORASing. I mean, Claire is 18 now, and Belle had Claire when in her 20s while Sami was in her early teens when Belle was born. 

Lucas was sort of in the "in between" age of Carrie and Sami.  But Lucas has always been older than Sami. Lucas didn't know anyone in Salem at the time he came on, if I remember correctly they introduced Allan as an old military school friend of Lucas's later on.  Ironically it was Kate who put Lucas and Sami together.  She is the one who went to Sami and asked her if she would meet with Lucas and sort of show him around town and introduce him to her friends.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

He escaped from prison last fall with Clyde Weston and Orpheus. Orpheus died (multiple times) and Clyde was returned to prison. Deimos pretended Xander died but secretly shipped him off to Greece, thereby fulfilling Xander's ultimate desire to have acceptance within the family while also ensuring himself an ace up his sleeve. Deimos probably sent Xander to Canada to find her, since everyone seemed to know she'd fled there.

I totally forgot about this @DisneyBoy, thank you.

20 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

That's one annoying toy car.

So I predict Tripp will be a practicing surgeon within a year.  :D

Brady never heard of a farmers market before?

Are Paul and Sonny going to save the day?

Yes, this portrayal of Canada is cracking me up.  I don't know where Salem is but most of the northern US is just like Canada.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, bannana said:

I totally forgot about this @DisneyBoy, thank you.

Yes, this portrayal of Canada is cracking me up.  I don't know where Salem is but most of the northern US is just like Canada.

Jesus, how stupid are they making Brady.  Salem is in Illinois (kind of, Chicago is the closest major city, so Midwest) and Brady doesn't know what a Farmer's Market is?  Really Days.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Salem is in Illinois (kind of, Chicago is the closest major city, so Midwest) and Brady doesn't know what a Farmer's Market is?  Really Days.

It used to be in Massachusetts.  I don't know when it changed to Illinois.

• Love 1

Since it's supposedly a half hour or so from Chicago, I thought it was in Illinois. No real mention of lake effect snow in winter.

I am Canadian and this whole Manitoba stuff is a bit ludicrous. Farmers' markets have been around for well over 25 years here! And hugely popular. I also live close to a couple of veggie farms and greenhouses and I pick up veggies in summer when they come in to season. Maybe Brady has always lived around servants who go to the markets for the family and pick up the veggies, eggs, etc. He may very well have had no idea that such bourgeois things exist! You also do not just book a flight to 'Manitoba'. There are cities such as Winnipeg and Brandon. Manitoba is a huge province. Urgh. It is late April so unless there has been a spring snowstorm, most snow is gone. Flooding, yes.

I did recognize Xander's eyes. The 'baby' unfortunately looked like a doll.

So, Brady, and Daniel's heart area was shot - almost like Bon Jovi. Nicole seemed pretty useless. What happened to her spunky self?

Sonny and Paul will be jetting off to the wilds of Manitoba?

Steve, your new-found son owes ya zilch. Some people who were adopted simply do not wish any contact or relationship with their biological parents. Give him some time. Let him take the Vitali money, let him see if there is a 'catch'. And let him come to you.

I did like Kayla's lipstick.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, annabel said:

I thought it had always been in the midwest, I don't remember ever thinking it was in New England.

It was in the '60s and '70s.  Then, it just changed to Salem, USA, before they decided on the Midwest.

• Love 1

I'm catching up on old episodes and just found out Andre called Kate a prostitute and kissed her after she threw a drink on him. And then they shrugged it off.

WTF?!? Andre reads to me as gay or just asexual. And since he's had practically no storylines, it seemed for a moment they were finally giving him something. I'm really glad they've apparently dropped that idea as soon as they tried it, because no, but still...WTF was that??

I'm also pretty confused by the fact that Kate and Andre are apparently working together but on opposite sides of the Who Chad Should Sleep With spectrum. The show has set up Abigail as Chad's conscience and yet Andre, aka the devil, is the one pushing her as the best option. Then we have Gabi as the kind-hearted vixen and she's being pushed by the duplicitous mother figure in Chad's life, Kate. I don't know what to make of any of that. I'm getting the impression the show doesn't even care so long as it's given dialogue to all of the characters involved so they can eat up screen time. This could have been an angel/devil on your shoulder dynamic but Kate is absolutely not an angel and Andre is obviously worse.

Let's say Chad does choose Gabi - what difference does that make in Kate's life? When Chad seemingly chose to stay with Abigail, how did that improve Andre's life? Another writer would have had her reasons for making the characters say and do these things but here I can't detect any reasoning at all or purpose.

I once hypothesized here that Kate's irritation with Abigail goes back to how Abigail screwed up Sami's life. If Kate's loyalty to Sami is so deep then wouldn't that disqualify Kate from teaming up with Andre who kidnapped Sami and would have done God only knows what to her? And wouldn't she also have been pissed with Andre for showing up at Will's funeral to torment grieving people?

Here we are almost a year-and-a-half into Andre being back on the show and all he's done that was even remotely compelling was try to expose Hope as Stefano's killer. His pushing Chase into raping Ciara was disgusting, and his cheerleading for Abigail is baffling....and there's just been nothing else. Why did they bring him back?

• Love 5

The Gabi/Abby conversation was pretty spot on, especially with Gabi telling Abs to stop playing God, to face actual reality and to stop making life choices for Chad and Gabi.  And I liked how Eli didn't justify himself or his actions to Abby--he doesn't owe her any explanation on anything.

• Love 12

I really enjoyed the Gabi/Abby scenes too, Gabi calling Abby out, and Abby saying that she doesn't want to be with someone who has to work to want her.  Fair enough!  Marci had her way with some hilariously ridiculous lines in there.  Really enjoying MM and CB working together.

The Tripp story is still driving me crazy.  Steve and Kayla tell him about their life together (during the commercial of course), and his reaction is to tell them he wished Ava was telling him those stories instead?  Who does that?  And the dilemma about "I know Ava killed your father and almost killed you, and that doesn't seem to bother me, but I can't get over that Steve killed her" is dumb.  Someone needs to just tell him straight up that he has to come to terms with the kind of person his mother was and stop fantasizing, but I think he's going to feel that she's vindicated, when he finds out that Joey did it instead of Steve.  And of course it takes Jade five minutes before she almost lets everything slip.  A horrid mess.

• Love 2

The Gabi and Abigail scenes were good. They said things that needed to be said. I'm glad Gabi let her know no one asked her to walk away from her marriage. That was her choice. As the only women/friends in their age group that are shown I'd like them to be able to hang out soon. I like Eli and Gabi so I hope this triangle nonsense is going away. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bwill3133 said:

I like Eli and Gabi so I hope this triangle nonsense is going away. 

I think it might be.  The writers seem to be going ahead with Eli and Gabi (though for some reason, they are also testing him with Lani, even though her father and his mother are working their way together), so I think that triangle will be over soon.

On another front, will this be only the second black/Hispanic couple in soap history?  The first one, I know for sure, was AMC's Noah Keefer and Julia Santos.  Were there any others?

• Love 1
On 4/28/2017 at 4:45 PM, JBC344 said:

Jesus, how stupid are they making Brady...  Really Days.

I still can't get over how someone who is running from the law (and Deimos) thinks it's a good idea to buy a hardware store and put down roots... Why would you even consider buying a business in the center of town with all that exposure? Not to mention that your family might have to leave said town on a moment's notice.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Nalan said:

The writers seem to be going ahead with Eli and Gabi (though for some reason, they are also testing him with Lani, even though her father and his mother are working their way together), so I think that triangle will be over soon

Why should Abe & Val's relationship stop Eli & Lani from getting together?  I think they have a lot more potential; whereas I see Gabi as more of a good friend (same as Brady & Nicole used to be).

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MsTree said:

Why should Abe & Val's relationship stop Eli & Lani from getting together?  I think they have a lot more potential; whereas I see Gabi as more of a good friend (same as Brady & Nicole used to be).

Because it's borderline incestuous?  With each of their parents now dating, they're pseudo-stepsiblings.

5 minutes ago, Nalan said:

Because it's borderline incestuous?  With each of their parents now dating, they're pseudo-stepsiblings.

Their parents are just dating, and there's no blood relationship between them, so it's perfectly fine in my book.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Nalan said:

Lol, no one in Salem would date if you excluded familial relationships.

• Love 7

"Are you seriously questioning me?"  Damn, Sonny!

Are they really consciously realizing that Abigail was an insane doormat and they're actually trying to recreate her character?  I'm shocked.

Loving Gabi telling Chad to take a hike.

So Xander just left Tate there to die? Even though he tried to claim he wasn't a monster who would kill a baby?

• Love 3

Ugh, even while shot, Brady has to be a dumbass buffoon and try to grab Xander thus getting what's left of his able self knocked out...

Of course without Brady or any other man for that matter, Nicole is a simpering helpless damsel waiting for someone to save her...

...the same way Abby admits that a lot her relationship with Chad has been about her being a simpering helpless damsel and Chad saving her... And knowing how Dario feels, why does she keep talking about Chad to him and her marriage?!

Speaking of...Yes Gabi, while on a date with a guy you know likes you (Eli), keep talking and ranting about Chad, the guy he knows you are in love with...

Not that I care much for Eli.  Dude is a detective, FBI, and I'm assuming in his 30's.  Yet he acts like a whiny tantrum-y little bitch when it comes to his mommy issues.  He stomps around Valerie and pouts and storms off but forgets that this woman raised him and raised him well and from all accounts has been a good mother to him.  I can understand being upset, but acting like one of the teen set pitching a fit and being unpleasant to does not reflect well.  You are a grown-ass man Eli, either make nice or just move elsewhere.  Oh yeah, he thinks heinous Julie is a saint, so he can't move on...

I notice every scene with Eli consists of him walking away with an urgent phone call he must take.  Cut and paste...

So I guess Sonny has discovered his inner thug-life with guns and threats.  Maybe it's time for him to move out and some of Adrienne's other kids to show up.

Deimos can go and be gone for good any time now...

How long before cop Lani is deemed helpless in a situation and JJ needs to rescue her.  After all she is a woman and he's a man and this is Days...

Tripp is hot and Lucas Adams is a decent actor.  Enough said right there.  Like that they made him a college grad who put himself through it, while his whiny useless brother gets school paid for.   Wouldn't mind seeing Tripp at work in hospital scrubs either... 

Jade can just go now, anytime...

Did Kate Mansi seriously win a Daytime Emmy yesterday?!

• Love 5