Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, boes said:

Julie is like a less charming version of Little Glory's mother in Auntie Mame.  Abigail has more self-awareness.

Somebody serve her some pickled rattlesnake - and fast.  

Oh, boes, you had to go there! Now it's just going to be Upson Downs and "I stepped on the ping pong ball" whenever I see Julie and Jen--except, yes, neither of them has an iota of charm, or humour.

• Love 2

The only thing that ruins this episode is Joey and Jade's sex flashback.   Umm,  it's about family why was this crap here. 

This is pure speculation...but maybe they're bringing up Jade and her deficiencies so that it's more of a surprise when she shows up to rescue Kayla and Joey from Orpheus? Could that be how they redeem her as a character?

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Sorry for the first strange post, but I couldn't quote what I wanted.  I think the reason I hate Julie's mean comments is that Gabi is truly remorseful for killing Nick--she's not chortling with joy and rubbing it in the Hortons faces that Nick's dead.  She hated what she did and she went to jail for it and she's paid her debt to society, so she should be able to live her life now.  And maybe Julie needs to be reminded but didn't Nick also get out of jail early after killing Melanie's dad?  Nick deserved a second chance but Gabi doesn't?

I know that Julie is not popular on here and Gabi is..Julie has a right to dislike her, she is a murderer...Nick may have been a loathsome SOB, but, he was still her family and she still loved him..Gabi never had a problem with Nick making Wilson miserable...She used to defend him all the time, before and after his rise from the dead..She was a bitch that encouraged his craziness and homophobia, until it bit her in the ass.. Then, she coldly killed him, to keep her dirty little secret and  remove Nick's power over her..The show tried to minimize that premeditated act, by saying that she was afraid of him, trying to paint her like she was a  battered wife...she wasn't..Neither the acting, nor the writing, ever reflected that..I have never had any use for Gabi, since her scheming to land Chad, inadvertently led to Jack's death...She was conveniently released by Dena and Josh, so that they can kill Will off with no problem...

• Love 4
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

Really enjoying all the characters popping into other character's lives. This is what was happening this time last year, and then ... poof... everyone ended up in horrible story-lines and only got to interact with one or two other characters.  

Loved Hope visiting Kayla. In fact, this was the first time I didn't hate Hope in a long time. And Ciara seemed more likable, with Claire now becoming the annoying teen.  Even Joey wasn't so bad today. At least he just stepped out onto the front step, did't exactly leave his mother alone. 

It does seem random to me that Chad and Gabi are interacting, but I gather they were friends/a couple in the past. Also, since I know nothing about Nick, Julie's comments don't mean anything to me either, though I assume Nick's murder is the reason Gabi was in prison.

Anyway, slowly getting back into the habit of watching.  And it certainly helps that I'm liking what's airing.

Chad and Gabi originally dated briefly when they were all in high school (Chad, Gabi, Will, Mia).  A couple of years after that Chad and Gabi were working together as models for Kate and Billie.  Gabi wanted Chad but he was with Melanie at the time.  Gabi schemed and hired someone to come in between them, the guy turned out to be a psycho and kidnapped Melanie.  That whole scheme resulted in the explosion a few years ago that killed Jack and Madison (Brady's fiancée).

Nick was a decent if not misguided guy. He was never a bad character just got himself in a situation that resulted in murder.   He went to prison for killing Melanie's adopted father (he was a bad guy, etc)  When he came out, TPTB decided to make Nick some raging manipulative controlling homophobe who now hated his cousin Will.  He manipulated Gabi and tried to pass off Ariana as his own daughter because he couldn't stand the idea of two men raising a baby with Gabi.  There were a few inferences that Nick was brutally raped in prison and that was contributing to his homophobia but that plot point sort of got dropped soon after.

The good thing about this storyline was that Gabi, Kate, and Sami all teamed up together to hide Nick first "murder". Nick turned out to still be alive but we got some really great scenes of those three women working together especially the dynamic of Gabi freaking out while old murdering pros Kate and Sami pretending like they just swatted a fly.  Anyway Nick was still alive and continued to try and manipulate/blackmail Gabi.  She had enough and murdered him.  Suffice to say Julie is the only Horton who has really cared.

• Love 8

Does Claire ever call Hope anything?  Hope?  Grandma Hope?  Grandma?  Or are the writers just afraid to make us remember that Hope is a grandmother?

Gee, what could possibly happen with Gabi and Chad locked in a room together?  That's a funny safe room, though, that doesn't unlock from the inside.

The show is already dark enough, do they really have to give us a power outage?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I know that Julie is not popular on here and Gabi is..Julie has a right to dislike her, she is a murderer...Nick may have been a loathsome SOB, but, he was still her family and she still loved him..Gabi never had a problem with Nick making Wilson miserable...She used to defend him all the time, before and after his rise from the dead..She was a bitch that encouraged his craziness and homophobia, until it bit her in the ass.. Then, she coldly killed him, to keep her dirty little secret and  remove Nick's power over her..The show tried to minimize that premeditated act, by saying that she was afraid of him, trying to paint her like she was a  battered wife...she wasn't..Neither the acting, nor the writing, ever reflected that..I have never had any use for Gabi, since her scheming to land Chad, inadvertently led to Jack's death...She was conveniently released by Dena and Josh, so that they can kill Will off with no problem...

Man do I disagree with you on this.  Nick was one nasty piece of work, and for a long time, to virtually everyone.  I think it was shown pretty clearly that he not only was very controlling with Gabi, that he also emotionally battered her.  Dislike the writing, hate where they went with the character, but nonetheless, that's the Nick we saw on-screen.

Julie consistently sees things as she wants them to be, and mistakenly, thinks she's both smart and compassionate.  

She's neither.

• Love 7

I didn't like what they did to Nick as a character and even though I don't miss him I don't have an issue with Julie not liking Gabi for killing him.  The two aren't mutually exclusive. 

Nick was a complete asshole, who mentally manipulated and abused Gabi, but she also used that as a way to kill him in cold blood.  I don't hold Nick's murder against Gabi but I'm not giving her any awards for how she handled the situation. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

I didn't like what they did to Nick as a character and even though I don't miss him I don't have an issue with Julie not liking Gabi for killing him.  The two aren't mutually exclusive. 

Nick was a complete asshole, who mentally manipulated and abused Gabi, but she also used that as a way to kill him in cold blood.  I don't hold Nick's murder against Gabi but I'm not giving her any awards for how she handled the situation. 

But Gabi isn't a serial killer, and she didn't kill him for kicks.  Nick was dangerous and getting more so.

Julie can like who wants, dislike who she chooses, but throwing shade at Gabi as if Nick was some harmless puppy, ummmm, not so much.

She sure mourns him a lot more than Will.

• Love 6

JBC344: Thanks for the background story Gabi and Nick.  I Googled to see who Nick's parents were, and I never even heard of Joshua Fallon and Jessica Blake before.

Though I didn't watch regularly for years and years after the mid 90's or so, I did used to turn the show on when I was home sick, vacation, Christmas time, etc. and I actually remember seeing Sami, Kate and a girl I didn't know (obviously Gabi) trying to find a body in the river, but of course I had no idea what was going on.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

This is pure speculation...but maybe they're bringing up Jade and her deficiencies so that it's more of a surprise when she shows up to rescue Kayla and Joey from Orpheus? Could that be how they redeem her as a character?

Only way she can be redeemed is by taking Rafe, Jen, Joey, Ciara and Claie and leaving Salem forever.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, boes said:

But Gabi isn't a serial killer, and she didn't kill him for kicks.  Nick was dangerous and getting more so.

Julie can like who wants, dislike who she chooses, but throwing shade at Gabi as if Nick was some harmless puppy, ummmm, not so much.

I agree with you that Julie seems to have blinders on when it came to Nick.  She still thinks of him as the loving nerd who moved to town and dated Chelsea, unfortunately that Nick has been long gone.  He was a completely different character when they brought him back.  I also agree with you that I wish she would be more vocal about Will.

For me, what separates the issue is that Gabi's murder of Nick was premeditated.  We saw that he was becoming more dangerous so I was surprised that they took the storyline there and had her randomly shoot him while he walked home.  There is also a part of me that still subscribes some blame to Gabi during that whole fiasco.  As terrible as Nick was, Gabi at least initially was a willing participant.  She allowed Nick to manipulate her because deep down she herself wanted that perfect "normal" family. 

Truth be told as much as mostly everyone has forgiven Gabi and realize what Nick did part of me is surprised that there isn't some more uneasiness/slight uncomfortability when she is around the Horton's.

20 minutes ago, buffynut said:

JBC344: Thanks for the background story Gabi and Nick.  I Googled to see who Nick's parents were, and I never even heard of Joshua Fallon and Jessica Blake before.

Though I didn't watch regularly for years and years after the mid 90's or so, I did used to turn the show on when I was home sick, vacation, Christmas time, etc. and I actually remember seeing Sami, Kate and a girl I didn't know (obviously Gabi) trying to find a body in the river, but of course I had no idea what was going on.

No problem, my pleasure. I don't think Jessica Blake has been on the show in decades but Nick's grandmother Marie Horton did come back to the show when Alice died.

Yes, Nick tried to attack Gabi once she finally came to her senses and she hit him over the head with a rock.  Panicked she called Sami and Kate,  They helped her push Nick into the river, as they were doing that Nick regained consciousness and because they went this far they just keep on with it.  His body was carried away with the current and they thought he was dead.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, boes said:

She still murdered somebody that had people that loved him...Gabi had choices and she chose to murder Nick, to cover her behind for her selfish acts...Her selfishness is part of the reason that Jack died in that explosion....I have never liked her and now she is about to throw herself at Chad again...Her penchant for Horton men is creepy, Will, Nick and now JJ....The Nick/Gabi relationship reminded me very much of the Lawrence/Carly relationship..It is not surprising that both ladies blew their paramours away..The only difference is that Carly was actually sympathetic and Gabi was not...

Nick was an asshole and did horrible things, but, in a town inhabited by the likes of Victor, Kate, Sami, Stefano, and Andre, he could have been redeemed like Jack..Jack was not a villain, just because he raped Kayla, it was other things that he did to Steve and Kayla..Plus, he had other victims as well....I guess I still have a soft spot for the Nick that was super tight with Abigail, Max and Chelsea...That quad was gold and I loved their dynamic...It was one of the few instances that the writers were investing in the new generation of characters and not just rely on the vets to drive stories..I hated that Nick was thrown under the bus to prop that insipid Melanie....Once he got out of jail, it just got worst and worst...

For almost a decade, it seems that Days has at times been dominated by agendas and writers' personal favorites; with writers even throwing characters like Nick, Jack and Will under the bus, just to prop the writers' personal favorites which has affected the show..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Wait....watching today's show now and the terrible trio's idea of a disguise is to have them all dress up like they're Darryl and Darryl?

And Jen and Julie want to play CHARADES?  Who the hell are they, Jeeves and Wooster?  Maybe they could really live dangerously and see if the kids would like to learn how to waltz, or, if they're feeling really daring, a game of Blind Man's Bluff!  Right now, the Horton House is in DESPERATE need of JJ's doped donuts.  But then again, being locked up with Jen and Julie must feel like being on drugs.  Like acid mixed witih metamucil.

Damn, Kayla looks good in anything, doesn't she?  Love that woman.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Nick was an asshole and did horrible things, but, in a town inhabited by the likes of Victor, Kate, Sami, Stefano, and Andre, he could have been redeemed like Jack..Jack was not a villain, just because he raped Kayla, it was other things that he did to Steve and Kayla..Plus, he had other victims as well....I guess I still have a soft spot for the Nick that was super tight with Abigail, Max and Chelsea...That quad was gold and I loved their dynamic...It was one of the few instances that the writers were investing in the new generation of characters and not just rely on the vets to drive stories..I hated that Nick was thrown under the bus to prop that insipid Melanie....Once he got out of jail, it just got worst and worst...

You wanted a different storyline for Nick, I understand.  But unfortunately, that's not what we got.

And it's Julie.  Julie, who thought Abigail smelled like a rose every time she farted, Julie who was all for depriving Chad of his on, Julie who blitefully ignores anything anyone she's related to ever does, but has to jostle Jenn to see who gets to carry the pitchfork in going after everyone else.  She's the happiest hypocrite in Horton Land and her passing judgement on anyone annoys me.

Can you tell?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

And wouldn't Theo feel safer in the mayor's mansion than the DiMera household, which is a very likely target of the convicts? Oh wait... I forgot. They never bothered to actually build a mayor's mansion set for Abe and Theo to live in.

When EJ was mayor and he moved across the hall from Sami, he said that Abe turned the mayor's mansion into some kind of museum.

• Love 2

Since when do teens/college freshmen play charades? Some family night once a year or retro night? They would be on their phones or tablets. No homework yet? Or finding ways to avoid Grandma or Aunt Julie.

My DVR cut off the last scene.

The lumberjack Larries hardly looked inconspicuous. Do wonder if Steve did recognize Orpheus.

Of course Gabi is delivering Chad's new suit.

Aiden, you are delusional. 

• Love 3

Right now, the Horton House is in DESPERATE need of JJ's doped donuts.

Hey get out of my head! I literally said that to myself today.

42 minutes ago, nilyank said:

When EJ was mayor and he moved across the hall from Sami, he said that Abe turned the mayor's mansion into some kind of museum.

Like...they charged people admission to enter or he filled it with chachkis?

Have to say I'm not impressed with Gabi's "awesome!!1!" suits for Chad. They look pretty bland to me. Like that white shirt last week - wow! *eyeroll*

Hate to say it but if this ex-con wasn't pretty...none of these people would tolerate her...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

So when are Gabi and Ari G moving into the Expandable Mansion? Or did I miss that scene where Sonny's family is included in the great Circling of the Kiriakis Wagons? Sonny's as much or more under threat from the bozos as anyone else.

Also, writers, Greek families don't use the word "familia" (Spanish) or "famiglia" (Italian) to describe their relationships. (Dolts.)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, boes said:

You wanted a different storyline for Nick, I understand.  But unfortunately, that's not what we got.

And it's Julie.  Julie, who thought Abigail smelled like a rose every time she farted, Julie who was all for depriving Chad of his on, Julie who blitefully ignores anything anyone she's related to ever does, but has to jostle Jenn to see who gets to carry the pitchfork in going after everyone else.  She's the happiest hypocrite in Horton Land and her passing judgement on anyone annoys me.

Can you tell?

I know that Julie can be over the top and annoying, but, her heart, is in the right place.....I do think that her intense loyalty to Nick has to do with her feelings of guilt, for not helping him, during his darkest hours. Don't forget that Julie was the Sami of her generation..I do think that she was better in the past though, especially, when she had sisterly conflicts with Hope...I never really cared for her romance with Doug. I thought that she had a nice spark with Victor, back during the cruise of deception storyline. Your intense dislike for Julie mirrors mine for Doug...He drives me up the wall, he always looks like, he is about to break out into a song..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I know that Julie can be over the top and annoying, but, her heart, is in the right place.....I do think that her intense loyalty to Nick has to do with her feelings of guilt, for not helping him, during his darkest hours. Don't forget that Julie was the Sami of her generation..I do think that she was better in the past though, especially, when she had sisterly conflicts with Hope...I never really cared for her romance with Doug. I thought that she had a nice spark with Victor, back during the cruise of deception storyline. Your intense dislike for Julie mirrors mine for Doug...He drives me up the wall, he always looks like, he is about to break out into a song..

Comrade!  I hate Doug too!!

• Love 2

I tuned in just in time to see Ciera pouting about how "hard" she's working at her singing career. Because she has a YouTube channel. Apparently, that's a guarantee to success these days.....

And then when Ciera left the Horton prison , Vivian Giovanni's underwhelming delivery of her line "Ciera left through the kitchen door." Coupled with Julie's over the top "deer in the headlights " look of surprise..just had me laughing out loud! 

Agree with boes..MBE is a beautiful lady.

speaking of nice looking- does Bryan Dattilo age? Still got that boyish looking face. And actually Wally HAS aged some since I last saw him, but he too has the boyish face. 

And can someone fill me in why Orpheus needs half wit psychos Clyde and Xander for any type of "plan"? I always thought he was a loner. Back in the 80s, he only trusts his sister in law- and she ended up switching sides. I half expected Orpheus & Co to abduct about a dozen Salemites- and having accomplished that with the help of Clyde and Xander, he'd say "oh, I don't need you two anymore" and do away with them.

seriously though, Orpheus (and either one of the other's actually) could probably single handedly abduct any number of people - especially the ding dong teen set- without much real effort. 

Edited by neuromom
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I agree that Julie has always wore her guilt on her sleeve regarding Nick.  I go back and forth with Julie, I do like when the show remembers that yes she was in fact the Sami of her generation.  When they actually give her something of substance to do, usually without Doug, she hits it out of the park.  I even liked her familial rivalry with Maggie over who gets to be the Horton Matriarch now.  The stuff with Doug and this Jennifer custody storyline have been stupid ways to shoehorn her in.  With that said I have always liked her scenes with Lucas, Maggie, and Nick.  I even liked her when she would butt heads with Bonnie and try and get her Uncle Mickey to dump her.  Her and Judi Evans always had fun scenes.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I agree that Julie has always wore her guilt on her sleeve regarding Nick.  I go back and forth with Julie, I do like when the show remembers that yes she was in fact the Sami of her generation.  When they actually give her something of substance to do, usually without Doug, she hits it out of the park.  I even liked her familial rivalry with Maggie over who gets to be the Horton Matriarch now.  The stuff with Doug and this Jennifer custody storyline have been stupid ways to shoehorn her in.  With that said I have always liked her scenes with Lucas, Maggie, and Nick.  I even liked her when she would butt heads with Bonnie and try and get her Uncle Mickey to dump her.  Her and Judi Evans always had fun scenes.

She is so much better without Doug..The show was flirting with a pairing with Victor, but, for some reason they chickened out...I think it could have been interesting...They should have brought her son and grandson back to town a long time ago...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

It's still supposed to be September but these guys are walking around in flannel shirts and knit hats like it's December.  That was good for a laugh.  At least Orpheus managed to get Xander to shut up for a moment.  Xander reminds me of a rabid dog frothing at the mouth.  He's completely off his rocker, just like Ben.

The charades scene had me laughing out loud.  If you want to talk about a funeral parlor, the Horton living room is it.  It's bright, but nothing ever changes and it could use a few updates.  Maybe a new color on the walls other than Dijon Mustard Yellow?

This no signal nonsense really has me scratching my head.  Did the three stooges knock down the cell tower or something? Maybe they did and I missed it.  I was kind of zoned out for some of the episode.

• Love 3

I wouldn't have a problem with Julie disliking Gabi if she: (1) acknowledged that Nick wasn't some innocent victim and that his death was the result of all of the terrible things he did to Gabi/Will/Ari/Sonny; (2) acknowledged that Gabi isn't some evil murderer who killed Nick for fun, but someone who felt trapped and made a terrible decision because she was scared; (3) acknowledged that Nick was seriously screwed up and that she and the rest of the Hortons ignored his problems and the way he treated others; (4) stopped telling JJ to dump her every single time she sees him.

• Love 5

I can't imagine having to spend an evening with Jen and Julie.  Not even with good drugs.

Claire becomes more vapid and stupid by the day, and apparently they've given her some of Jen's horrible clothes from a couple of years ago.  I know they are back in style, but high-waisted pants (especially the bell bottom type) don't look good on anyone.  Willingly choosing to have long butt is just bizarre.

4 hours ago, boes said:

Wait....watching today's show now and the terrible trio's idea of a disguise is to have them all dress up like they're Darryl and Darryl?

Hee! 

1 hour ago, neuromom said:

I half expected Orpheus & Co to abduct about a dozen Salemites- and having accomplished that with the help of Clyde and Xander, he'd say "oh, I don't need you two anymore" and do away with them.

I love this idea.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I wouldn't have a problem with Julie disliking Gabi if she: (1) acknowledged that Nick wasn't some innocent victim and that his death was the result of all of the terrible things he did to Gabi/Will/Ari/Sonny; (2) acknowledged that Gabi isn't some evil murderer who killed Nick for fun, but someone who felt trapped and made a terrible decision because she was scared; (3) acknowledged that Nick was seriously screwed up and that she and the rest of the Hortons ignored his problems and the way he treated others; (4) stopped telling JJ to dump her every single time she sees him.

I agree with your post, except for Number 4..I don't think that the Bradys would be happy with Ben dating Stefanie or Theresa....Will became an asshole before he died and I say that as a Will fan....He had an epiphany about his behavior just like Nick, before his murder....The Hortons should be vocal in expressing their displeasure of having to deal with Gabi via JJ...I remember Melissa being very anti-Jack and she never had a problem telling Jennifer about her involvement with him..Her mantra was Jack is bad, Jack is bad, Jack is bad! She was just like Julie during that time..Her brother Mike did the same thing.....Jennifer stuck to her guns and dated him...Her belief in Jack was unshakable...I miss that Jennifer Rose Horton....

The infamous Johnson family dinner was an occasion, where Kayla had to have dinner with her rapist Jack..She knew that Jack had repented for his sins and was changing for the better, it still was hard for her to be around him..Everybody was oblivious to her pain, except, for Steve...It was unfair for Kayla to have to endure that, to please everybody..Why does Julie have to tolerate Gabi to keep the peace?

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Theo's panic attack (is that what they were trying for?) could have been handled a lot better. I hope if Dena does go into dealing with his autism that she does it a little better than this. I don't understand why flashing back to his brief exchange with Adrienne at the start of the episode helped calm him down in any way. Am I missing something?

Wish Dena would slow this Chad/Gabi thing down a bit...it feels forced.

Orpheus is scary as hell. Kudos to the actor. Kayla broke my heart with that gag in her mouth.

Weird choice not to show the baddies actually shoot Steve and leave the house. Guess daytime standards wouldn't let them?

I hope they explain how Orpheus survived his demise back in the day...I hate lazy writing. It matters!

Pretty low-key episode today.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Theo's panic attack (is that what they were trying for?) could have been handled a lot better. I hope if Dena does go into dealing with his autism that she does it a little better than this. I don't understand why flashing back to his brief exchange with Adrienne at the start of the episode helped calm him down in any way. Am I missing something?

Wish Dena would slow this Chad/Gabi thing down a bit...it feels forced.

I hate Rafe and he is a macho neanderthal...I hate him treating Hope like some helpless, fragile woman....She never was and Bo would never treat her that way...Hope should be part of the Orpheus storyline..Bo and Hope were instrumental in helping Steve locate the yacht, where Orpheus held her captive...

Where is Roman? he should be in this too..He started this mess with Orpheus and Jarlena, Stayla and Shane paid for it..I hate Fauxman, but, he is needed in this story..

Orpheus is too awesome for words..He is still deliciously evil.....

Ari is a Brady, she is so cool under pressure..She is channeling her great-grandmother Marlena...

Chad/Gabi are contrived...I have never understood Chad fighting with his Dimera side, he was not raised by Stefano..This type of story would work better with Tony.. I miss Tony and I miss Bo..

I've tried to embrace Lucas and Adrienne, but it doesn't work for me. She looks like his mom and they style Judy, who is still a beautiful woman, a frumpy mess....It is like these stylists cannot style a woman who is not a stick figure....

I loved actually seeing Theo's autism being written as realistic, his crisis with the kids was well done..This is Dena's territory..She did make the character autistic years ago..I just wish we had a better writer to write Theo's struggles with being autistic and Black in Salem..It would be a thought-provoking story, in the climate that we are currently living, with the Black lives matter movement...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I agree with your post, except for Number 4..I don't think that the Bradys would be happy with Ben dating Stefanie or Theresa....Will became an asshole before he died and I say that as a Will fan....He had an epiphany about his behavior just like Nick, before his murder....The Hortons should be vocal in expressing their displeasure of having to deal with Gabi via JJ...I remember Melissa being very anti-Jack and she never had a problem telling Jennifer about her involvement with him..Her mantra was Jack is bad, Jack is bad, Jack is bad! She was just like Julie during that time..Her brother Mike did the same thing.....Jennifer stuck to her guns and dated him...Her belief in Jack was unshakable...I miss that Jennifer Rose Horton....

The infamous Johnson family dinner was an occasion, where Kayla had to have dinner with her rapist Jack..She knew that Jack had repented for his sins and was changing for the better, it still was hard for her to be around him..Everybody was oblivious to her pain, except, for Steve...It was unfair for Kayla to have to endure that, to please everybody.Why does Julie have to tolerate Gabi to keep the peace?

As I recall it was actually Kaylas idea to thank him for saving their life.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

As I recall it was actually Kaylas idea to thank him for saving their life.

I remember that she had to be persuaded to be there and she was uncomfortable...Jo really wanted all of her kids and their partners there...Kayla acquiesced..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I remember that she had to be persuaded to be there and she was uncomfortable...Jo really wanted all of her kids and their partners there...Kayla acquiesced..

No. Sure it was her idea. Saw the video not that long ago.

I don't think it was a panic attack, but rather how Theo deals with overwhelming situations.  The flashback to Adrienne was a self-soothing mechanism (along with the rocking) and it helped him get it together. 

This was all a reminder to the audience - and Lucas and Adrienne - that while Theo may be high functioning and responsible, his autism will nevertheless limit him in certain instances.  Taking care of two children in a blackout with three psychos on the loose would be nerve-wracking for anyone.  For someone who doesn't have the strongest coping skills?  Not good.  I felt bad for him and thought KP did a wonderful job.

If this is the end for Joey, I wouldn't mind.  I'd much rather have Steve and Kayla's daughter (can't recall her name) on the show.

So what happened with Chase?  I just tune out scenes with Hope these days and missed everything that was said.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

So what happened with Chase?  I just tune out scenes with Hope these days and missed everything that was said.

Aiden had him transferred to a facility in Portland, where he's hoping to join him later, and emotionally blackmail Hope into joining him, as well.

I liked the throwback to Gabi and Chad having been in high school together, though I don't remember them ever interacting back then.  They didn't really interact till Mia and Will broke up and Will picked up with Gabi.  Am I remembering correctly?

• Love 2

The show is already dark enough, do they really have to give us a power outage?

Just what I came her to comment!!  One step further:  maybe this was "save the budget Thursday" - between making the already dark sets even darker, and having no wardrobe for Chad and Gabi, they are hoping to save enough money to stay in the black?  There seemed to be so much comedy in the lead up to Joey's snatching - the scenes at Jenn's house, the banter between the 3 amigos, the wardrobe (or lack of it - see above), etc etc.  

I do not remember the Orpheus "Days" of yore, because that was when I actually had a life, but if he was as great as you all are saying, then these writers are doing him a big disservice, as he, and the rest of the amigos, are written to be a bunch of bumbling idiots.  Will be interesting to see where they are going with all this, hopefully.   

I liked the throwback to Gabi and Chad having been in high school together, though I don't remember them ever interacting back then.  They didn't really interact till Mia and Will broke up and Will picked up with Gabi.  Am I remembering correctly?

I was trying to figure out if this was real or retconing.  I don't remember ever seeing them together, and with the SORAS-ing of Ciara's generation, I am so confused by the ages.  First it was Abbs and Chad, last month it was Ciara and Chad, now it's Gabi and Chad?  Are they all in the same age group?

On 9/21/2016 at 5:26 PM, Silver Raven said:

Does Claire ever call Hope anything?  Hope?  Grandma Hope?  Grandma?  Or are the writers just afraid to make us remember that Hope is a grandmother?

Given that I don't think Marlena was referred to as a grandmother until Chandler's Will was around, no, I'm pretty sure they want us to ignore Hope being old enough to be the grandmother of an 18-year old.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I would much rather Theo's ethnicity not be an issue.

That's not the world we live in.  He and his father are essentially the only black people in lily white Salem, to pretend otherwise is insulting.  However, aside from a potential "very special" Black History Month acknowledgement, your wish will come true because Days has long been the show that prides itself on its face of the 50s casting.

Orpheus, I can rock with you, but not when you mess with my girl Kayla.  Hell, I support your binding and gagging Joey and removing him from my scene, but you better not ever try to hurt Kayla as a part of your revenge scheme.  It's going to take all of my strength to forgive you for allowing that inbred hillbilly, Clyde to touch her.

Rafe, go drag your knuckles, shut your mouth and remain the epicenter of dull, screen-killing pointlessness that is you.

The problem with pairing Gabi with Chad is it makes you realize CB is not much more than a pretty face -- hey show, great casting making her Rafe's sister, because that assessment pretty much sums GG up.

I truly love Theo and I appreciated his being allowed to defend his family.  Stefano may have treated most of Salem like crap, but he loved Theo and cherished their time together.  Chad is also great with him and Theo voicing that his view of the Dimeras doesn't reflect the way others feel toward was needed.  I just wish we had gotten a scene with Theo and Stefano after the recast.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I would much rather Theo's ethnicity not be an issue.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Did I miss a scene?  I haven't seen his ethnicity play a part in his storyline yet.

1 hour ago, Happytobehere said:

Orpheus, I can rock with you, but not when you mess with my girl Kayla.  Hell, I support your binding and gagging Joey and removing him from my scene, but you better not ever try to hurt Kayla as a part of your revenge scheme.  It's going to take all of my strength to forgive you for allowing that inbred hillbilly, Clyde to touch her.

Rafe, go drag your knuckles, shut your mouth and remain the epicenter of dull, screen-killing pointlessness that is you.

I'm thinking Orpheus is getting payback already, taking Joey with him.  He's already saddled with Roid Rage Xander and Clem Kadiddlehopper, and now he's got the mouth breather with him.  Odds on Orpheus turning himself in just to escape from Joey.

I appreciated the talent Kyler Pettis had on display today.  He's a real find.

• Love 11

Actually, for whatever it's worth, I don't think Julie's heart is in the right place -- I think Julie is viciously self-centred. Don't forget, this is a woman who had an affair with her half-sister's father. Julie will always consider herself in the right, whatever else happens, and will let her own guilty conscience prompt her into blaming others for her own failings -- her absolute condemnation of Gabi, and minimizing of her own failure to recognize Nick's faults, being the prime example. 

I furthermore think that Susan Seaforth Hayes is a complacent actress who isn't quite as good as she thinks she is at the big emotional scenes; her characterization lacks subtlety and depth. I don't really think it's true that when the show gives her important scenes to play she comes through. She's more committed than some of the cast, but that's not saying much, since a significant portion of this cast is pretty but essentially talentless.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, boes said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  Did I miss a scene?  I haven't seen his ethnicity play a part in his storyline yet.

I'm thinking Orpheus is getting payback already, taking Joey with him.  He's already saddled with Roid Rage Xander and Clem Kadiddlehopper, and now he's got the mouth breather with him.  Odds on Orpheus turning himself in just to escape from Joey.

I appreciated the talent Kyler Pettis had on display today.  He's a real find.

You did not miss anything, Boes..I think that the poster was responding to my wish for Theo's ethnicity to be explored in conjunction with his autism...It would be a good story to see him navigate the world he lives in, as a young, Black, Autistic, man...It would be interesting to see him experience racism and how he processes it in a way, that someone who did not have his condition would...Look at how he reconciled loving Stefano , knowing that most people in Salem, hated him...I like the actor and I want to see more of him because he looks so much  like my cousin..lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

You did not miss anything, Boes..I think that the poster was responding to my wish for Theo's ethnicity to be explored in conjunction with his autism...It would be a good story to see him navigate the world he lives in, as a young, Black, Autistic, man...It would be interesting to see him experience racism and how he processes it in a way, that someone who did not have his condition would...Look at how he reconcile loving Stefano with most people in Salem, hating him...I like the actor and I want to see more of him because he looks so much  like my cousin..lol

I like that idea and just think what it could be in the hands of good writers, Apprentice79.  

An actual, character driven storyline with depth....I miss 'em.  

But instead we get Joey and what it's like to live without a brain or any semblance of manners.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, boes said:

I like that idea and just think what it could be in the hands of good writers, Apprentice79.  

An actual, character driven storyline with depth....I miss 'em.  

But instead we get Joey and what it's like to live without a brain or any semblance of manners.

Emerald City awaits the Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion, and the Tin Man!

Orpheus probably is musing time passing and that people filled with promise back in the day, are now useless putzes. He'll give Joey back or maybe enjoy getting rid of someone so useless.

The Panic Room adventures just seemed to be semi-skin shots. Both and Gabi could have kept their shirts on. Yes, they would be sweaty. No need to strip.

I felt sorry for Theo having a hard time coping with the kids, and the power outage.

Kayla and Joey did look like something out of Hee Haw.

Gabi has had very little character development. Her being a pretty face (as described by one poster) rings true.

Aiden, was playing mind games with Hope really worth injuring your hand? Go to Oregon.

• Love 3