Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

If they had gven Mami a goodbye scene with her daughter before JJ came back, and if Theresa and Nicole had explained why they were scrapping DJ Wear (if they have), then I could much more easily grasp why Gabi is upset.

Missed opportunities.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gazebo said:

It's a shame Brandon Beemer will be leaving  DOOL.  I thought he was pretty good in his scenes with everyone.

Claire is pretty much an immature teenager.  She reacted very selfishly to the idea of Belle moving the whole family to Hong Kong.  She couldn't hear Belle telling her that she would talk to Claire and Shawn first before accepting the position.  What a spoiled rich kid!  I wonder how Marlena is going to handle Claire living with her and John.

I like the Chad and Sonny scenes.  They are getting along so well right now that I know the writers are going to find a way to break them up later on in the future.

I felt really sorry for Gabi.  Both of her parents bailed on her and Arianna.  Rafe is OK but he can't be there for her because he's too involved with Hope and Dario is a secretive and selfish prick.  Kind of suck to be her right now.

I think Dena was pretty much wiping out Josh's abysmal storylines..She got Ciara out of Chad's orbit, I doubt she would have had her rape by Chase..Josh has a track record of writing rape storylines on different soaps in the past...I got the impression before her leave of absence that Dena was going with a Ciara/Chase/Claire triangle with Ciara as the bad girl.....She telegraphed that last Fall, when she was caught shoplifting an item of clothing...DJ wear was another of Josh's storyline that made no sense....Ditto for the perils of Abigail.....History being mentioned organically is all Higley and characters interacting with lots of different people....I think yesterday was the first time that Chad and Gabi had a meaningful scene together since the role was recast with Billy Flynn...Deimos' misdeeds are being swept under the rug with Kate being the scapegoat....Dena loves to write Kate as a villainess....She also loves the Kiriakis family, so I expect to see alot of Justin, Adrienne and Sonny..I hope that she gives Lucas more prominence and a real love interest, since I cannot have Lumi...I also expect her to make Rope the premiere couple on the show.....Hope is dead to me just like Jennifer...Josh really did alot of character assassination with her  character for the murder of Stefano..What a shame!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think Dena was pretty much wiping out Josh's abysmal storylines..She got Ciara out of Chad's orbit, I doubt she would have had her rape by Chase..Josh has a track record of writing rape storylines on different soaps in the past...I got the impression before her leave of absence that Dena was going with a Ciara/Chase/Claire triangle with Ciara as the bad girl.....She telegraphed that last Fall, when she was caught shoplifting an item of clothing...DJ wear was another of Josh's storyline that made no sense....Ditto for the perils of Abigail.....History being mentioned organically is all Higley and characters interacting with lots of different people....I think yesterday was the first time that Chad and Gabi had a meaningful scene together since the role was recast with Billy Flynn...Deimos' misdeeds are being swept under the rug with Kate being the scapegoat....Dena loves to write Kate as a villainess....She also loves the Kiriakis family, so I expect to see alot of Justin, Adrienne and Sonny..I hope that she gives Lucas more prominence and a real love interest, since I cannot have Lumi...I also expect her to make Rope the premiere couple on the show.....Hope is dead to me just like Jennifer...Josh really did alot of character assassination with her  character for the murder of Stefano..What a shame!

Dena also likes the Hernandezes, though, so I'm shocked she seemed to have gotten rid of Eduardo and Adriana so unceremoniously.  Unless that was more Ryan's desire than hers.  I'm hoping there are at least plans to bring them back for a few episodes in the future, because Dario still needs to be found out over his part in Eduardo leaving, which undoubtedly led to Adriana leaving, too.

• Love 3

I'm fine with Dario never getting grilled over that. I rather like him as a guy who does seriously questionable things that he feels are justifiable. Maybe it can color him as a person, knowing he hid a body and had his Dad framed.

I'm against Gabi/Chad as a couple because I want Chad back as a character. The entrepreneur, the single father,  the friend. Enough of him as the shame of the Hortons.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm fine with Dario never getting grilled over that. I rather like him as a guy who does seriously questionable things that he feels are justifiable. Maybe it can color him as a person, knowing he hid a body and had his Dad framed.

Except it wasn't justifiable in any way, shape, or form.  He selfishly screwed his own family over to help himself and no one else.  Gabi, if he's ever found out, will have every single right to rip him apart over this.  And as much as I can't stand Rafe most of the time, he'll have every right to, as well.

You're just okay with it because you didn't like Eduardo for whatever reason, @DisneyBoy.  Nothing more, nothing less.

• Love 1

I'm not a huge Eddie fan, but I don't hate him. I like the actor, I just wish he wasn't forced to play this would-be macho assassin guy with weird hair. If he'd worn a sweater and been a Titan exec, that could have been cool. (Random example)

For the record, I'm tired of the need to make all the 50+ year old men Bad Boys on this show.

Mainly I think it's reasonable for Dario - who I assume was there for Gabi, Rafe and Mami over the years - to be royally irked that his deadbeat father suddenly showed back up in town, announced he had spent his entire adult life murdering people for pay and having affairs with various women who also bore his children, whom he ALSO abandonned, only to be quickly accepted back into the fold and presumably into Mami's bed.

That? Is a LOT.

Is it right for him to stage some kind of attack to discredit him? Absolutely not. But from a character standpoint I get it. He will never forgive Eddie. This is the kind of thing Sami might have done.

I wasn't really interested in seeing Dario get called out on his behavior, because we all knew how that would go. Three weeks would pass with the thug threatening to speak up, then Dario would be found out and everyone would get pissed at him, and Eddie would have to forgive him and then Dario would be like the bad child of the family. At age 37. Booooooring.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Dario be a character who succeeds in some of his occasional dastardly deeds whether or not he gets called out for them, if it shades him as a person in a unique way. Of course, it all depends on what those deeds are. I hated that Clyde never seemed to get any comeuppance for his horrible acts because they involved murder, drug dealing, incest and rape.

Mostly I just found Eddie awkward. And he really didn't seem like a man who killed hundreds.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm not a huge Eddie fan, but I don't hate him. I like the actor, I just wish he wasn't forced to play this would-be macho assassin guy with weird hair. If he'd worn a sweater and been a Titan exec, that could have been cool. (Random example)

For the record, I'm tired of the need to make all the 50+ year old men Bad Boys on this show.

Mainly I think it's reasonable for Dario - who I assume was there for Gabi, Rafe and Mami over the years - to be royally irked that his deadbeat father suddenly showed back up in town, announced he had spent his entire adult life murdering people for pay and having affairs with various women who also bore his children, whom he ALSO abandonned, only to be quickly accepted back into the fold and presumably into Mami's bed.

That? Is a LOT.

Is it right for him to stage some kind of attack to discredit him? Absolutely not. But from a character standpoint I get it. He will never forgive Eddie. This is the kind of thing Sami might have done.

I wasn't really interested in seeing Dario get called out on his behavior, because we all knew how that would go. Three weeks would pass with the thug threatening to speak up, then Dario would be found out and everyone would get pissed at him, and Eddie would have to forgive him and then Dario would be like the bad child of the family. At age 37. Booooooring.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Dario be a character who succeeds in some of his occasional dastardly deeds whether or not he gets called out for them, if it shades him as a person in a unique way. Of course, it all depends on what those deeds are.

I'm glad to hear this viewpoint explained a bit more, @DisneyBoy, but in the process, you just spelled out even more why Dario deserves to be called out if he ever is.  What he did wasn't about his family.  It was all about him.  Him and his anger.  Him and his bitterness.  Him and his hatred.  If he didn't want to forgive his father, then that was his right.  But the rest of the family did want to forgive him, which was their right.  They had a second chance with him by their choice, and he took it away from them for no other reason than his own selfishness and satisfying his bitterness and hatred.  He took everyone's choice away and played god with all of their lives.

Sure, he'll be forgiven after a few weeks.  No question he will be.  But that's kind of a tenet on soaps.  Schemers have to be caught and reamed out, more or less, regardless of the degree of blowback they receive.  It's been prominent since the start of soaps.

Edited by Michel
  • Love 3

I only got to watch 1 or 2 episodes last week, but I've been reading the forums and it seems that Dena's changes, so far, seem positive.  

I hope she can do something to redeem Hope, because I hate the character now and didn't miss seeing her onscreen at all this week. I don't hate Jennifer like many do, because I keep missing the shows where she is written more badly than usual. 

I've grown to like Eduardo, but won't miss Adriana. About Eduardo 

Spoiler

he posted on Twitter that it was his wish to go to recurring as he needed the flexibility, so I don't think he's gone for good

• Love 2
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

I hope she can do something to redeem Hope, because I hate the character now and didn't miss seeing her onscreen at all this week. I don't hate Jennifer like many do, because I keep missing the shows where she is written more badly than usual. 

The sad thing about Jennifer Rose Horton was that she was such a great heroine. She was spunky, strong, determined, compassionate, understanding, and fearless. It is a shame what the writers did to her in propping their pet Daniel....Her awful treatment of Jack was unconscionable and out of character..She was destroyed and I don't think that I can ever love her again...

She was so damn awesome during Jack's redemption storyline....The common perception is that Jack's redemption is centered around Jennifer, but I think it's really centered around Kayla and, to a lesser extent, Steve. Jennifer  was sort of like an angel on  his shoulder and   never judged him, when he would succumbed to his darkest impulses..Jack was working his own redemption without Jennifer. I see her role being less about transforming Jack into a "good" person and more about Jennifer being the one to make him believe that he deserved to be loved and that he could love again too. The "I believe in you" scene between Jack and Jennifer is one of my favorites between them..I also think  his relationship with Jennifer taught him what it was to really love, especially, in a romantic sense. He never loved Kayla for who she is, but, his fantasy of Kayla, which led to disastrous results for them.. I think he was also learning to love his biological family through his interactions with Steve, Jo and Adrienne, though I wish there'd been more with Jack/Adrienne.  I feel that the Jack/Adrienne relationship got less focus than Jack/Steve and Jack/Jo..I was so happy that she named her only biological son after Jack...The Johnson family coming together was so compelling and fraught with angst....That whole era of Days was excellent and must see TV...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

They had a second chance with him by their choice, and he took it away from them for no other reason than his own selfishness and satisfying his bitterness and hatred.  He took everyone's choice away and played god with all of their lives.

Couldn't they individually stay in touch with Eddie if they want to? Dario didn't send him off in a locked shipping crate. Eddie chose to leave.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yes, I agree.  Dario is the only one who has reacted to his father in a believable way, really.  Rafe was angry for a month or two, while Gabi and Mami forgave him for his litany of sins right away.  Eduardo had the potential to be an interesting (albeit morally awful) character for exactly the reasons you listed, but they made him into some boring good guy who supposedly had no choice but to do what he did.  Whatever.  The whole thing was poorly written. 

I'm ignoring Dario's part in hiding the body of the guy Summer killed, because she sucked and should have never happened.  I'm going to forget that she's Maggie's daughter, too, which is exactly what the new writers would do if they had any sense.

• Love 3

I'm so confused about the timeline of events... Chad offered Belle the job but said it was late at night....then she went home to talk to Claire...Chad went shopping with Gabi and offered her a job...then Shawn finished his shift and came to the townhouse...and Paul is running with John...then Gabi is shopping...and Belle is still in the same clothes having drinks with her parents...is this all the same night?!? What is it - 4am???!

Wish they hadn't claimed the bachelorette was the night before the wedding. That makes no sense seeing as how Theresa is walking around dressed differently than she was at the bachelorette.

Dena is terrible when it comes to dealing with the passage of real-world time. I forgot how annoying that was last November.

Could Claire please stop talking in music metaphors? That's annoying.

Could Belle please mention skipping HER BROTHER'S WEDDING? At least Brady did.

"But not too big though" - Ha! Such a subtle snipe at Maggie's hair. Nice one Theresa.

All in all good episode and Great performance from Martha. Really moving. You could feel her remorse and guilt. Hope she gets better material next time.

Even the dumb Kate retcon almost sorta worked for me. Still would have preferred Victor on trial, though.

Why is Marlena nudging John to accept Theresa, though? First she nearly killed him and now she's getting married in the room where she nearly killed him? I hope we at least get a joke about the fireplace poker tomorrow...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

Belle and Shawn's exit was rushed as hell. Also, is there any reason why they couldn't have gone to the wedding and then left immediately afterwards? Surely Chad could let them use the Dimeria jet.

How convenient that Orpheus, Xander, and Cylde ended up on the same transfer bus at the same time. I'm confused as to how Eduardo is involved.

The Sparkle scenes were pointless.

How gracious of Prictor to forgive Brady for not believing he was innocent. Asshole. 

Kate is sickening and her justifications are bullshit. If someone had kidnapped her child she would slit their throat no matter what their reasons were.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Belle and Shawn's exit was rushed as hell. Also, is there any reason why they couldn't have gone to the wedding and then left immediately afterwards? Surely Chad could let them use the Dimeria jet.

How convenient that Orpheus, Xander, and Cylde ended up on the same transfer bus at the same time. I'm confused as to how Eduardo is involved.

How gracious of Prictor to forgive Brady for not believing he was innocent. Asshole. 

Kate is sickening and her justifications are bullshit. If someone had kidnapped her child she would slit their throat no matter what their reasons were.

The show had such an auspicious beginning last week, what the hell happen? I know, Ms Dena is showing her true colors...I have never understood her apathy for Shelle, while I am not a fan of theirs, I do recognize their place on the show.....They should be driving stories for their age bracket..I love John, when he is in father mode, it reminds me of  when he was Roman and actually had a purpose and not just there to kiss on Marlena...I love Jarlena's embrace of their baby girl...

Sparkle is pointless and him calling John dad is so bizarre....The show has always been good at showing that family is more than blood and shared DNA..Mike Horton has never called Bill Horton dad and never will..Same goes for Bo with Victor...

Both Kate and Victor are repulsive....The show copped out by not making Victor the kidnapper..Victor needs a comeuppance for his awful behavior and his fall from grace in the eyes of his family could have been a good start at making him the complex character that he was in the past...

Poor Theresa, she is too happy, therefore, her fall is coming soon and it is going to be hard...I am sure that Jenn will rise to the occasion....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Then they'd have to participate in all the wedding scenes, which would mean their departure would be delayed by another week. Plus how crappy would they look leaving just after Orpheus attacked?

• Love 2

Changing out the writers every six months or a year does not solve the problem especially when they just keep recycling through the same incompetent writers over and over again.  The newoldnewold writers get rid of the lousy characters and SLs from the previous writers, and then bring in their own lousy characters for their own horrible SLs.  They shove new characters at us 24/7, the regular characters get pushed to the sidelines, or get shoved down our throats, and the process begins all over again.  I might like some of the new characters if the writers would take the time to development them, and if they would stop ruining established characters.

I've seen just about every poster on this board come up with better SLs for Theresa, Sonny, Kate, Victor, Hope, Steve, Kayla, Brady, etc., than the writers have.  I don't believe Kate would have kidnapped Tate, but it's even more annoying that I know there will be no consequences or fallout for this SL.  At least when Sami, Kate, and Nicole were scheming against each other, the fallout would be good.

• Love 7

Lately Days feels like it should be called "How To Get Away With Murder".  Too bad that title is already taken.  Too many people have committed heinous crimes and because of who they are, none of them have really been punished.  At all.  Even Clyde is free with his other criminal compadres.  Only Ben is locked away somewhere, and Chase is in an institution.  Meanwhile Hope, Rafe, Joey, Victor, Kate, and I'm sure I'm missing some others , have all committed crimes and had them neatly wiped away.  Whatever...

Was sorry to see belle and Shawn swept away so quickly today.  I was just starting to like Belle and she's gone.  Shawn was looking good and BB's acting was so much better, I would have liked him to stay around.  I could have seen him begin to fall for someone new but feel he needs to wait a year to reconcile with Belle only to realize he no longer wants to (or she no longer wants to).  Could have worked.  Instead we are still stuck with Claire who I liked in the beginning but just think is a brat now...

I just know Theresa won't be getting her happy ending now that crazy Xander is on the loose.  That girl is like Ziggy, she can't catch a break!

• Love 8

I actually liked the scenes with Theresa, Brady and Victor--Victor seemed to be giving Theresa somewhat of a chance, and I think Theresa's inviting Victor to the wedding kind of changed his POV of her--or maybe not :)

And I got to tell you, LK sold me on Kate's regret at hurting Theresa, Brady and Tate with the kidnapping--I appreciated that she talked about Billie and Austin and how she wasn't faking Tate's death.  I like that they referenced the show's history and that Kate's not an entirely heartless monster.

Excellent work Eduardo--all of the bad guys are now on the loose.  He really is a dumbass.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3

Hong Kong will be there a few days from now, too. Belle didn't need to catch the DiMera jet in two hours. She could use the phone, Skype, Google Hangouts, whatever videoconferencing software DiMera Enterprises has. Just a convenient way to get outta Dodge, er, Salem. Nothing seemed to be mentioned about an actual work visa or anything. Not a mention of accommodation - a hotel? A DiMera condo? Not even a DiMera is that fast in terms of paperwork. Claire, you are right - you are related to half of Salem!

Nice of you, Victor, to offer up the mansion for the wedding. City Hall would probably have metal detectors, which would make it difficult for the escaped threesome to do much. No idea why Eduardo has anything to do with the prisoners. Must have been part of the family warning. Who knows. Or just a convenient way to get rid of him. Or he is deep undercover with the super ISA.

• Love 3

I only half-watched yesterday but I just assumed that Dario faking the attack on Gabi is what led Eduardo to go after some gangster.      Did I get any that right?  If so, then Dario will be responsible for all of the tragedy to come.

I had to laugh today when Theresa dribbled Coke down the front of  her gown, because I could actually see a bride doing something so silly.

If the cops know that Xander is on the loose, why wouldn't the wealthy Victor or Brady hired a security firm to protect the bride?  Or are the cops keeping that info to themselves?  (I guess it would help if I actually watched the whole show!)

• Love 3

The writers are doing a lot of fast dancing today to explain things as they are. Victor doesn't need to hire security because they think the convicts have already been captured! Theresa's parents and brother aren't coming because the wedding was supposed to be a small affair and the plans were changed at the last minute! (Yet Eve made it, a full day in advance?)

I'm glad they are at least trying to explain things, but Caroline's absence is weird and I still don't know why Ann couldn't be a part of this after being Theresa's solitary friend for the past 3 years.

The reveals at episode's end were poorly staged. Not nearly as exciting as one would hope...

Like Eve's dress. Nicole looks good too. Theresa looks okay but not great.

Glad they remembered how Will and Sonny were wed in the same house. Freddie's acting is still weird though. Is it just me or is he always doing some strange fake smile?

Did anyone else catch Roman's call with "Carlino"? Methinks the writer was an Another World fan :) Captain Joe Carlino to the rescue!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

The writers are doing a lot of fast dancing today to explain things as they are. Victor doesn't need to hire security because they think the convicts have already been captured! Theresa's parents and brother aren't coming because the wedding was supposed to be a small affair and the plans were changed at the last minute! (Yet Eve made it, a full day in advance?)

I'm glad they are at least trying to explain things, but Caroline's absence is weird and I still don't know why Ann couldn't be a part of this after being Theresa's solitary friend for the past 3 years.

The reveals at episode's end were poorly staged. Not nearly as exciting as one would hope...

Like Eve's dress. Nicole looks good too. Theresa looks okay but not great.

Glad they remembered how Will and Sonny were wed in the same house. Freddie's acting is still weird though. Is it just me or is he always doing some strange fake smile?

Did anyone else catch Roman's call with "Carlino"? Methinks the writer was an Another World fan :) Captain Joe Carlino to the rescue!

I liked today's show, but, where is Hope, Ciara, Joey, Steve and I know that Kayla is in the hospital, but, these people are connected to Theresa via Shane and Kim...It would be cool for the show to acknowledge Theresa as a Brady......It is like with her name change going from Jeannie to Theresa, they have divorced her from her family....It is so weird...

The Paulson scenes were pointless..I see no chemistry between them..Would it have killed the show a flashback of the Wilson wedding or is Ken Corday too damn cheap to pay Guy Wilson..I would have preferred to see that, then another boring scene between Sonny and his stalker Sparkle.....John's fawning over Paul pisses me off to no end....He raised 5 other children before Paul..What makes Paul so special? I hope the show is setting it up that John is not Sparkle's father and that he is either Andre's son or Peter's. Paul as a Dimera would be interesting......It would be the perfect angst for the boring, low rent Paulson....Freddie's acting choices are off.. I can't put my finger on it..

Victor needs to shut the hell up about Chloe...I don't like this Philip at all, but, Victor's hatred of him makes no sense..Philip is the only child that he actually raised from birth, unlike Bo and Isabella....You are in no position to throw stones at him Victor, get over yourself.....If you can give Deimos a chance who killed your first son Bo, you can embrace your only living son...

I loved the ending today, let the games begin..I hope Dena does not blow it....

• Love 5

Does Prictor know that Deimos is behind Bo's kidnapping and torture?

I love how everyone conveniently missed faxes and bulletins and tv screens so they either don't know about the escapes or don't know who the third person is.

Sonny and Sparkle have no chemistry and Freddie is acting wierd.

Everything about the wedding and the prison escape felt rushed and plot pointy.

Phillip is the only child Prictor has left so you'd think he'd be less of an asshole with him.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Does Prictor know that Deimos is behind Bo's kidnapping and torture?

I love how everyone conveniently missed faxes and bulletins and tv screens so they either don't know about the escapes or don't know who the third person is.

Sonny and Sparkle have no chemistry and Freddie is acting wierd.

Everything about the wedding and the prison escape felt rushed and plot pointy.

Phillip is the only child Prictor has left so you'd think he'd be less of an asshole with him.

No, but, Hope knows..He admitted it to her with no shame.....

• Love 2

So I dropped out for a long while and turned on the TV and happened to see Orpheus .  I was a big fan back in the 80s and he was one of my favorite villains . 

One of the things I remember vaguely was that he had a sister in law played by Amy Yasbeck (John Ritter's widow) and a couple of kids in which he kidnapped Marlena to have her help him raise.

any chance we get to see any of those characters?  Where did the writers forget that Orpheus had family?

And I do seem to recall his death scene with his still, motionless eyes, and all the blood. I believe he was truly and most sincerely dead. And he's not a Dimera.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, neuromom said:

So I dropped out for a long while and turned on the TV and happened to see Orpheus .  I was a big fan back in the 80s and he was one of my favorite villains . 

One of the things I remember vaguely was that he had a sister in law played by Amy Yasbeck (John Ritter's widow) and a couple of kids in which he kidnapped Marlena to have her help him raise.

any chance we get to see any of those characters?  Where did the writers forget that Orpheus had family?

And I do seem to recall his death scene with his still, motionless eyes, and all the blood. I believe he was truly and most sincerely dead. And he's not a Dimera.

In his soliloquy yesterday, Orpheus said that he was going to kill Roman for his wife Rebecca and then he would go after John and Marlena...The show should have brought in Rex and Cassie his kids.....It was very short-sighted to have made them Bradys.. 

• Love 4

I love my Sparkle! He was looking awfully pretty today.

I agree, though, much as I love him as eye candy Freddie Smith's acting has been a little "off" since he came back.  There's no warmth to it.  I guess it's their attempt to turn him into a cold-hearted Kiriakis male. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Changing out the writers every six months or a year does not solve the problem especially when they just keep recycling through the same incompetent writers over and over again. 

Ken Corday is under the impression that this is the way to reinvigorate the show.  He has no vision and admitted as much.  It's sad.

• Love 2

Today's show was a good episode.  Oh, as usual, there were some things better than others, some things that made sense, some that require a forgving attitude, but it kept my attention and made me want more.  And it's been a while, to be honest, since that's happened.  All the "accidents" that kept folks from knowing about Orpheus, the false alarm that Xander and Clyde had been caught were artificial, but all was forgiven by the shock we saw on everyone's face when Orpheus walked in and by Theresa when Xander was standing there.  I'm apprehensive for Theresa - things have been going too well - but I'm anxious to see what happens.

So Lumpaleer got a haircut.  Too bad, I was hoping he'd grown it completely out until he had this look - 

It.jpg

Maybe then I could see why Chloe is attracted.

Victor, blah blah blah, he'll tolerate Theresa, blah blah blah.  He "changed", didn't he?  Or at least he's always bleating that to Maggie so why can't he extend Theresa the same courtesy?  It's not as if Victor has exactly led a blameless life.

Sparkle Pretty and Sonny are like a bad version of the Captain and Tennille, but much more the Muskrat Love than the Love will keep us together version.

Till tomorrow!

• Love 8

I liked Eve's dress. Nicole's, not so much. Victor has his 'contacts' around - surely they would know that the police reports were incorrect. Even though he does not like Theresa, he could still have sent a guard over.

Caroline is family. Stomach flu or not, she could have made it. Kim and Shane could have at least beamed in through Skype or FaceTime. Or maybe Victor could have some sort of Livestream setup for family unable to attend *at short notice*.

Did like Phillip's haircut. Not as shaggy as he has been. No Deimos, you may guess that it is your baby, but unless Chloe tells you that it is, butt out.

Did like the surprise Orpheus reveal. And that Roman clued in very late who he is really dealing with. Maybe Theresa has a fireplace poker handy to deal with Xander. Revenge for him is a dish served very cold.

• Love 4

I'm apprehensive for Theresa - things have been going too well - but I'm anxious to see what happens.

I'm wondering how the possible reveal of Theresa's last cruel act - lying about the rape - will play out. Brady never found out did he? I'm trying to remember whether he knew Theresa had set Xander up and just ignored it because he'd tried to kill Eric and Nicole...or if he never knew.

Anyway, if it does come out, Theresa will be dragged through the mud for sure. Victor will have a field day.

Was anyone else wanting John to hide the fireplace poker?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
On 2016-09-12 at 3:16 PM, LeftPhalange said:

It's becoming increasingly clear to me that I don't care about Mr. Sparkle at all. I don't care that he is now apparently as close to Blockhead Brady as if they'd grown up together; I don't care that he harbors no resentment whatever toward Jawn, who never even knew he existed two years ago, let alone ever acknowledged or cared about him before. Everything's just so damned perfect, it's like Sparkle's entire life is as sunny and gleaming and empty as a toothpaste commercial, and I couldn't care even the tiniest particle less than I do. I'm glad that the show acknowledges that the Kiriakis Fortress of Doom is where Sonny and Will were married, and that Sonny was allowed to say that he thinks about Will every day. (It'd be nice if that were shown to actually be the case, but that's asking for the moon and the stars, apparently.) I'm disappointed that the acoustic melody that I'd always thought of as "Will & Sonny's theme" is being re-purposed as "Sonny's theme," or worse, "Sonny's Generic Gay Love Music," but maybe it was played one last time to underscore (pun intended) Sonny's marriage. Time may tell. I also found the pause in Smith's line reading of "... the last time I was here for a wedding, it was mine. And Will's." kind of weird. Oh, so, not that time you married Cedric Diggory, Rose? (WTF??)

The pacing of the episode was really bad, even though I knew the whole point was the interruption of the wedding, and not the wedding itself (this is Days Of Our Lives, after all). But I liked Eve's and Theresa's sisterly scenes. Those two have come to have some nice chemistry. Not so much John and Marlena's "It's a wedding, so we must be romantic" rote sappiness. That was possibly the least convincing romantic dialogue for Doc'nJawn ever.

My favourite part was Victor's dismissing Blockhead Brady's self-pity about believing the worst of his grandfather: "The whole scheme was designed to make you think I was behind Tate's kidnapping. It's not surprising that you were taken in by it." I'm pretty sure the unspoken part of that last thought was "Considering how dumb you are." And Brady thinks Victor's not on his best behaviour? Ha!

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 7

I'm glad that the show acknowledges that the Kiriakis Fortress of Doom is where Sonny and Will were married, and that Sonny was allowed to say that he thinks about Will every day. (It'd be nice if that were shown to actually be the case, but that's asking for the moon and the stars, apparently.) 

Nicely put. Was he smiling when he visited Will's grave last week? I missed it...but it wouldn't surprise me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

It's becoming increasingly clear to me that I don't care about Mr. Sparkle at all.

I really feel like the only reason Sparkle is still here is because they needed someone to put Sonny with and couldn't be bothered to bring on something new. Otherwise, what purpose does this character serve? He doesn't do anything.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

I really feel like the only reason Sparkle is still here is because they needed someone to put Sonny with and couldn't be bothered to bring on something new. Otherwise, what purpose does this character serve? He doesn't do anything.

But, he SPARKLES!!!  And reminds us all of the importance of regular teeth cleaning.  The same way Jawn reminds of the value of Gas-X, and Marlena stands as a warning against too much botox.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

You know,  I don't mind Xander's return. 
One the actor is built like Trojan ? and I want to see how these writers Theresa's icky secret what she did to Xander by falsely accusing him of rape and TomSell never closed it out.   Theresa needs to get whats coming to her on that one especially since her own mother Kim was molested by Eric Sr.,  and her aunt Kayla and cousins Sami and now Ciara have been assaulted -  Theresa needs to feel some sort of heat for that.   I forget though,  does Brady and Nicole know about this?   I'm sure once Victor finds out he's not going to be at all pleased neither.  

• Love 5

I'm the odd man out on this, but what Theresa did to Xander, lying and all, doesn't bother me a bit.  The man tried to roast Nicole and Eric to death among many other psychotic sins, so I am fine with it.  

And I don't give a rat's ass what Victor thinks - he's a mean ass psycho, too.  Too bad if his feelings are hurt.

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

I haven't watched this since school started but recorded it this week to see the wedding.  Just three weeks off let me forget how some actors, such as Chad and Belle and Theresa, are so much better than others, such as Gabi and Sonny and Shawn.  It's almost awkward when they are together on screen....it's like Chad is talking to child actors.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, boes said:

I'm the odd man out on this, but what Theresa did to Xander, lying and all, doesn't bother me a bit.  The man tried to roast Nicole and Eric to death among many other psychotic sins, so I am fine with it.  

And I don't give a rat's ass what Victor thinks - he's a mean ass psycho, too.  Too bad if his feelings are hurt.

I am right with you on not caring about Xander and his "false" imprisonment--he is a violent man who attempted to murder two people that we know of--lord knows how many more.  I have no problem with his ass sitting in jail.

And seriously, isn't this exactly what Victor did to Deimos, sent him to jail for a crime he didn't commit?  But now Victor's going to berate Theresa and point an accusing finger at her?  Maggie can forgive Victor all his horrible misdeeds but Theresa's garbage who doesn't deserve forgiveness or a second chance?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4

Hey guys. I was watching yesterday as I did my fall house cleaning and found myself hanging around for the wedding scenes and wandering off during Nicole's. I used to really like Nicole, and here now I leave the room when she is on screen. Seriously, her story-line was better when she was trying to solve the elephant mystery!

That horrible Daniel/Nicole pairing will always leave me remembering him slamming the door in her face. And whenever I see her with Deimos I remember how he wanted to marry Kate, Chloe and Nicole all in the span of a few weeks, or maybe only days in DOOL time, so I can't take them seriously as a couple.

Anyway, I'm going to try to keep watching regularly, but since I mostly stopped watching in July, I'm finding it hard to fit it back into my routine.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, boes said:

But, he SPARKLES!!!  And reminds us all of the importance of regular teeth cleaning.  The same way Jawn reminds of the value of Gas-X, and Marlena stands as a warning against too much botox.

I really don't need a lot more from him than just to stand there and sparkle away.  My standards are low. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, lilly6 said:

I really don't need a lot more from him than just to stand there and sparkle away.  My standards are low. 

Hahaha! I understand, that's how I feel about JJ?

• Love 3

Really  enjoyed today's episode. 

Good balance of moderate intense moments and some funny. 

Orpheus had me giggling what he said to Paul when "My you don't resemble John and Marlena" so low key racist but I cracked up.  Marlena just had to say Paul was just like John... yeah... because we all know Brady is pathetic and he sucks as John Black's first born.  She just can't help making one sibling more Superior  than the other (ie Carrie,  Sami and Belle to be exact) ?

And wow that Maggie really loves Victor to almost get shot over him.   

The Eve/Nicole scenes were strong.   Liked that very much.   Then they had to make me "sad"  flashing back to Xander and Nicole...  god... those two would been freakin hot together had the writers invested in them.   Damn.   I even liked the human emotion scenes between Phillip and Victor.   

Now,  Vivian Jovanni, Olivia Rose Keegan  and Kate Mansi,  that's how you play a scared,  desperate heroine in distress -  Ms Jen Lilly brought it as she almost got choked the hell out by Xander.  She did those scenes right.   Even when she cried Brady's name it was - BELIEVABLE -  take notes and learn. 

Overall if I had to give it a "B"  if I were grading it definitely entertaining and paced well. .  One thing I didn't buy was Xander stallion ass jumping out the window.   ?

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5